Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Bells of October

Go down 
+5
Gabriel Arthur
Archangel T'Koris
Chira Abols
Matthew Thompson
Henriks Ābols
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Bells of October - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Chapel - Riga]

That’s right, Henriks thought at the mention of the girls, I’m going to be an uncle, aren’t I? Though they weren’t related to him by blood, but after the wedding, they’d be related by marriage, and so they’d be family all the same. It was rather exciting, Henriks thought, and it took his mind off things.

“Yes, I think Chira mentioned something of the sorts,” Henriks said with a nod and a smile. He shrugged. “Not really,” he answered. All that mattered to him was that Chira was there. “I’m just glad that it’s happening, finally happening.”

The walk to the park took very little time, but it was relaxing all the same. It felt good to be in the park, to see all the chairs lined up neatly in their little rows, one of which was to remain empty, chairs for those who wouldn’t be there. “Brālis!” shouted a voice from somewhere in the park. It was Pauls, his twin. “Sveiki, guys!” he hollered, jogging up to the group. He held up a bottle of wine for his brother to see. “I found out which kind the neighbors like best, in case you have to ransom for her,” he laughed.

“An old wedding tradition,” Henriks explained. “Sometimes the neighbors 'kidnap' the bride and the groom has to ransom to get her back.”

Matthew Thompson wrote:
"Where is your honeymoon? Don't settle either, I'm paying." Matthew smiled. He figured his friend would say no; but an extravagant vacation was pocket change. "I insist. You both treated me well, it's the least I can do."

[Park - Riga]

The walk to the park was slow, a leisurely stroll that suited Archangel perfectly well. The tap-step of walking with the cane seemed loud to her on the cobbles, but she was more focused on the nervous groom. She listened to him with a faintly fond smile.

"I can understand that. I remember that my wedding had to be delayed and I couldn't wait to heal enough to walk down the aisle for Gabriel."

She pulled back slightly as a man ran over to them, but relaxed when she realised that Henriks seemed to know them. The smile on her lips grew a little as the groom explained a rather odd sounding tradition of kidnapping the bride. She couldn't imagine what Gabriel's reaction to that would have been. He probably would have gone after the neighbours with phaser rifles blazing.

The mention of the honeymoon brought Archangel out of her slight reverie, and she inclined her head to Thompson before turning back to Henriks. "And don't worry about getting time off for a decent honeymoon either. I've pulled in a couple of favours on that front. Everything'll be taken care of."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Henriks Abols wrote:
Māra grinned as she helped her sister to be into her wedding gown. “The weather is really wonderful right now. Any later in the year and it would be too cold to have a wedding outside. But if your feet do get cold, I'm sure Teodors would be glad to warm them up for you. And I'm sure the rest of my family will absolutely love the dress.”

As she slipped into the dress, Chira smoothed her palms down the material, loving the soft feel of it. It was such a simple dress, and that suited Chira just fine. She felt like she was a simple girl. And all the easier for Henriks to remove, tonight, she thought, grinning to herself. This was really happening! "I love that your family approves of me," she said to Mara, "but I don't think I could even consider going through this this if Teodors didn't like me."

Once the dress was on, Chira did a little twirl, feeling the ruffles move with her as she spun. "It's wonderful! You'd better get your dress on, too," she smiled. "I'll help you." Her wedding party was a mixture of both Starfleet uniform and dresses. It all seemed to fit, since this was a largely informal gathering. "I hope Jiseth is awake. She put away a lot of kali-fal last night, didn't she?"

The thought of the blue liquor tugged at the corner of Chira's memory. She wondered just what it was unti..."Ohmygod!" she squeaked. "I have something new and something old," Chira said, touching the bracelet her grandmother had given her. "But...I need something borrowed and blue!"

Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Riga]

"Where is your honeymoon? Don't settle either, I'm paying." Matthew smiled. He figured his friend would say no; but an extravagant vacation was pocket change. "I insist. You both treated me well, it's the least I can do."

Before he could tell his friend ‘no’, Matt made it clear there was no point in arguing. So instead he smiled and replied, “We only did what any good medics should have done. You needed our help and friendship, and so we did what we could. And you’ve been a good friend to us.”

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Park - Riga]

The mention of the honeymoon brought Archangel out of her slight reverie, and she inclined her head to Thompson before turning back to Henriks.  "And don't worry about getting time off for a decent honeymoon either.  I've pulled in a couple of favours on that front.  Everything'll be taken care of."

Henriks had enjoyed the rhythmic tap of her cane against the cobblestone streets of old Riga. But now they were at the park, where their little group of three had grown to four. “Fantastic,” he grinned. Why was even nervous about today? Everything was falling smoothly into place, and better even. “I can’t believe it’s finally happening.”

Chira Arthur wrote:

As she slipped into the dress, Chira smoothed her palms down the material, loving the soft feel of it.  It was such a simple dress, and that suited Chira just fine.  She felt like she was a simple girl.  And all the easier for Henriks to remove, tonight, she thought, grinning to herself.  This was really happening!  "I love that your family approves of me," she said to Mara, "but I don't think I could even consider going through this this if Teodors didn't like me."  

Once the dress was on, Chira did a little twirl, feeling the ruffles move with her as she spun.  "It's wonderful!  You'd better get your dress on, too," she smiled.  "I'll help you."  Her wedding party was a mixture of both Starfleet uniform and dresses.  It all seemed to fit, since this was a largely informal gathering.  "I hope Jiseth is awake.  She put away a lot of kali-fal last night, didn't she?"  

The thought of the blue liquor tugged at the corner of Chira's memory.  She wondered just what it was unti..."Ohmygod!" she squeaked.  "I have something new and something old," Chira said, touching the bracelet her grandmother had given her.  "But...I need something borrowed and blue!"
[Ābols Home]

“How could they not approve of you?” Māra asked with a smile. “With all the joy you've brought to my brother's life?” She was what kept him going. Māra laughed at the mention of the cat. “I'm glad Teodors approves.”

With Chira now settled in her dress, Māra took a couple steps back to admire the beauty. It was absolutely breathtaking. “No doubt all eyes will be on you,” she commented with awe. Māra would have just stood there, admiring it all, if Chira had not made mention of her own dress. She smiled and giggled, reaching out to run her fingers along her own dress. The material was so wonderful, and the dress looked so pretty. “Jiseth will be awake,” Māra added. “She seemed to be made of pretty strong stuff, and surely she wouldn't want to miss it.”

Māra paused, confused, as Chira suddenly stopped and then squeaked out “I need something borrowed and blue!” It must have been another American wedding tradition, she reasoned. Something borrowed, something blue... Her eyes lit up, and Māra scurried off to find something. When she returned, it was with a blue necklace in hand.

Bells of October - Page 2 Il_170x135.412033846_q28v

“Will this suffice?” Māra asked, grinning.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 7:26 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Before he could tell his friend ‘no’, Matt made it clear there was no point in arguing. So instead he smiled and replied, “We only did what any good medics should have done. You needed our help and friendship, and so we did what we could. And you’ve been a good friend to us.”

Henriks had enjoyed the rhythmic tap of her cane against the cobblestone streets of old Riga. But now they were at the park, where their little group of three had grown to four. “Fantastic,” he grinned. Why was even nervous about today? Everything was falling smoothly into place, and better even. “I can’t believe it’s finally happening.”

[Riga]

"Then it's settled, I'm sending you...right...that part wasn't settled. You and Chira decide and I'll send you where ever you'd like to go. Also, if you need transportation my starship is in orbit. Run by an AI and everything so you guys can have it all to yourselves." Matthew smiled. Suddenly he turned to Archangel and extended his hand. "I hope we can move passed what happened last time we met. I'm still with Starfleet you know? Well unofficially. My file will explain everything." He pulled out a small device. "You need anything, you press this button. It overrides Atlas's core programming and will immediately send myself and the N06-Arafel, the battle cruiser version of my standard ship."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Henriks Abols wrote:

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Riga]

"Then it's settled, I'm sending you...right...that part wasn't settled. You and Chira decide and I'll send you where ever you'd like to go. Also, if you need transportation my starship is in orbit. Run by an AI and everything so you guys can have it all to yourselves." Matthew smiled. Suddenly he turned to Archangel and extended his hand. "I hope we can move passed what happened last time we met. I'm still with Starfleet you know? Well unofficially. My file will explain everything." He pulled out a small device. "You need anything, you press this button. It overrides Atlas's core programming and will immediately send myself and the N06-Arafel, the battle cruiser version of my standard ship."

[Park - Riga]

Archangel smiled slightly at Henriks. She remembered feeling exactly the same way on her wedding day, and the dread she had felt when Gabriel cut it very close in arriving in time for the ceremony.

"Don't worry about that. It won't feel real for another couple of weeks or so," she reassured the groom.

She looked up as Thompson spoke to her, then down at the hand he was extending. She sighed slightly, shifting her cane to one hand and shook his. "I take my job very seriously, Mr Thompson. If you've ever known any Romulans, you'll know just how seriously we take our duty. You made a mockery of the work I put into getting to where I am today, not a good line to take."

She looked at the device he was holding out to her and raised an eyebrow. "Mr Thompson, at any one time, I have four organisations and one husband watching my butt for me, but thanks for the offer."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Park - Riga]

Archangel smiled slightly at Henriks.  She remembered feeling exactly the same way on her wedding day, and the dread she had felt when Gabriel cut it very close in arriving in time for the ceremony.  

"Don't worry about that.  It won't feel real for another couple of weeks or so," she reassured the groom.

She looked up as Thompson spoke to her, then down at the hand he was extending.  She sighed slightly, shifting her cane to one hand and shook his.  "I take my job very seriously, Mr Thompson.  If you've ever known any Romulans, you'll know just how seriously we take our duty.  You made a mockery of the work I put into getting to where I am today, not a good line to take."

She looked at the device he was holding out to her and raised an eyebrow.  "Mr Thompson, at any one time, I have four organisations and one husband watching my butt for me, but thanks for the offer."

[Park-Riga]

"I respect that. And I'm sorry I offended you. But I would feel better if you take the device. Make it 5 organizations." Matthew offered the woman a warm smile. Battleship with state-of-the-art weapon systems."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

“How could they not approve of you?” Māra asked with a smile. “With all the joy you've brought to my brother's life?” She was what kept him going. Māra laughed at the mention of the cat. “I'm glad Teodors approves.”

With Chira now settled in her dress, Māra took a couple steps back to admire the beauty. It was absolutely breathtaking. “No doubt all eyes will be on you,” she commented with awe. Māra would have just stood there, admiring it all, if Chira had not made mention of her own dress. She smiled and giggled, reaching out to run her fingers along her own dress. The material was so wonderful, and the dress looked so pretty. “Jiseth will be awake,” Māra added. “She seemed to be made of pretty strong stuff, and surely she wouldn't want to miss it.”

Māra paused, confused, as Chira suddenly stopped and then squeaked out “I need something borrowed and blue!” It must have been another American wedding tradition, she reasoned. Something borrowed, something blue... Her eyes lit up, and Māra scurried off to find something. When she returned, it was with a blue necklace in hand.

Bells of October - Page 2 Il_170x135.412033846_q28v

“Will this suffice?” Māra asked, grinning.

[Abols Home]

Quirking an eyebrow, Chira watched as Mara ducked out of the room. Now, where was she getting off too...

The answer came in the form of a wonderful necklace, looking like a latticework of lapis and black, creating a snowflake-like pattern. "Oh!" she exclaimed, taking the necklace and holding it up to her chest. "Mara! It's lovely. Is this...is it yours?" Of course, it probably was...that would knock out the 'borrowed' and 'blue' part, all in one swoop. "I'd be honored to wear it," she beamed, wrapping her new sister in a tight hug.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 7:53 am

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Park-Riga]

"I respect that. And I'm sorry I offended you. But I would feel better if you take the device. Make it 5 organizations." Matthew offered the woman a warm smile. "Battleship with state-of-the-art weapon systems."

[Park - Riga]

"I believe I said 'no', Mr Thompson," Archangel replied firmly. "Accepting a favour from yet another organisation would upset the already delicate balance of the others and I won't put my crew or my family in that kind of danger."
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 6:05 pm

[Freedom Park - Riga]

Stirring his drink, Corman took a moment to breathe in some of the clear autumn air. With the sun out in the crystal-clear blue sky, the day held plenty of warmth - more than enough for the type of activity today. And, yet, he knew that the night would be cold, with winter's chill breathing at the door. Winter is coming, he thought, taking a sip of the cinnamon-y clear liquor. Days like this reminded him of his own boyhood, back in Maryland, when the leaves turned and hard apple cider flowed.

There was a nice crowd gathered. Not too big, but plenty enough to make the new couple feel loved and appreciated. He hardly knew Abols and Arthur at all, but they were his officers, and so he had come here with Deacon, tugged on his dress whites, and made a good effort. These people were quite nice to be around, though.

He did, however, see someone he recognized...the unmistakable form of Zero Alpha. That meant that the Romulan with her had to be Jiseth. Corman had combed over the intel on the Romulans assigned to their Fleet, and it was no coincidence that it seemed like all the ones in the service were attached to the same ship. And it wasn't just because one of them was the captain, either.

"Ladies," Corman said, approaching the pair and giving a little salute with his glass. "Pleasant day, hm? Have you tried this moonshine drink?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 6:11 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

"Ladies," Corman said, approaching the pair and giving a little salute with his glass.  "Pleasant day, hm?  Have you tried this moonshine drink?"

[Freedom Park - Riga]

Hearing someone approach them, Zero paused in her constant vigilance over Jiseth to look up at the Admiral, giving him a wary nod. She didn't know much about the man. She hadn't cared to find out. The few bits and pieces she did know came from station gossip. Unfortunately, since he was a command officer associated with her, he would know about her.

"Admiral," she said formally. "I have tried the drink previously when Commander Arthur shared it with me, but I have chosen to abstain today."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 8:23 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

[Freedom Park - Riga]

"Admiral," she said formally.  "I have tried the drink previously when Commander Arthur shared it with me, but I have chosen to abstain today."

Jiseth returned the salute with her glass of her green, melon-flavored soft drink. A nice touch on the part of the groom to remember her favorite. It was all so beautiful this event. Much like that man Henriks.

"Doctor's orders on my end, Admiral. Romulan ale seems to appear and suddenly disappear when I'm around, yet in the face of this one..." She gave her lover a slight prod, "...I'm inclined to, for my personal safety as much as enjoyment, do as she damn well says. How are you enjoying yourself so far?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 8:56 pm

[Freedom Park - Riga]

"There she is!" Gabriel said, his tone an exaggeratedly excited one for the benefit of the children. "Mummy!" Seika said, hobbling quickly ahead of him and towards her mother. From his arms, Aria held out her hands, waving them happily. "Hewwo!" she shouted. It was one of her favorite words.

Gabriel winked at his wife. "'Hewwo', indeed. And hello to you, too, Mr. Groom," he said, smiling at Henriks. "Are you ready to do this? You've had plenty of time to get used to all of us by now...so any further steps you take toward joining this family is all your own fault," he joked. Seika continued to hop along toward her mother, wrapping her arms around Archangel's leg.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Riga]

"Then it's settled, I'm sending you...right...that part wasn't settled. You and Chira decide and I'll send you wherever you'd like to go. Also, if you need transportation my starship is in orbit. Run by an AI and everything so you guys can have it all to yourselves." Matthew smiled. Suddenly he turned to Archangel and extended his hand. "I hope we can move past what happened last time we met. I'm still with Starfleet you know? Well unofficially. My file will explain everything." He pulled out a small device. "You need anything, you press this button. It overrides Atlas's core programming and will immediately send myself and the N06-Arafel, the battle cruiser version of my standard ship."
Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Park - Riga]

Archangel smiled slightly at Henriks.  She remembered feeling exactly the same way on her wedding day, and the dread she had felt when Gabriel cut it very close in arriving in time for the ceremony.  

"Don't worry about that.  It won't feel real for another couple of weeks or so," she reassured the groom.

[Park - Riga]

"We were thinking of going to Bajor," Henriks remarked, "to see the temples and such. And I think we'll be fine as far as transportation goes." He'd already arranged for that, doing so the day they decided where they actually wanted to go for their honeymoon. He clapped a hand lightly to his friend's back, laughing as he added, "Hey, Matt, you're at a wedding. You don't need to worry about Starfleet stuff."

Henriks nodded to T'Koris, ever grateful for her understanding and advice. "Yeah..." he replied. He fell quiet, but he was normally quiet. Still... he felt like he should be saying something. More people began to trickle into the park. His eyes scanned the various small groups that began to form, and he grinned as he saw the pointy ears of another familiar Romulan.

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Abols Home]

Quirking an eyebrow, Chira watched as Mara ducked out of the room.  Now, where was she getting off too...

The answer came in the form of a wonderful necklace, looking like a latticework of lapis and black, creating a snowflake-like pattern.  "Oh!" she exclaimed, taking the necklace and holding it up to her chest.  "Mara!  It's lovely.  Is this...is it yours?"  Of course, it probably was...that would knock out the 'borrowed' and 'blue' part, all in one swoop.  "I'd be honored to wear it," she beamed, wrapping her new sister in a tight hug.

[Ābols Home]

Māra nodded, grinning as Chira admired the necklace. It was her favorite, and it was only fitting that her new sister wore it for her wedding. Māra made to put the necklace around Chira's neck when she was suddenly ambushed with a hug. Henriks certainly had gotten lucky, she thought, finding such a wonderful lady. "Here," Māra said when they released, "let me fix it for you."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:11 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Māra nodded, grinning as Chira admired the necklace. It was her favorite, and it was only fitting that her new sister wore it for her wedding. Māra made to put the necklace around Chira's neck when she was suddenly ambushed with a hug. Henriks certainly had gotten lucky, she thought, finding such a wonderful lady. "Here," Māra said when they released, "let me fix it for you."

"Thanks," Chira beamed, watching herself in the tall mirror as Mara slipped behind her to clasp the necklace on. "It...it means a lot," she said, and meant it, since this piece of jewelry was obviously one that was special to the young woman. "I guess that's fixed it, then...something old, new, borrowed, and blue. I guess we'll just skip the silver sixpence that's supposed to be in my shoe...seeing as how nobody actually uses coinage anymore."

She gave herself a considering look in the mirror, dress and all, with her hair done up in long ringlets, draping down her neck from the bun at the back of her head. The makeup on her face was very slight, subtle enough that one could miss the touch of red at her lips. Chira had never really cared much for things like makeup...and she knew she didn't need to doll herself up for her husband. He loved her how she was...and she felt the same for him.

"It's...it's really time, isn't it?" she asked, looking at the chronometer. Just a quarter hour remained until 1. "We'd better get moving that way...else your brother will think he's got a runaway bride on his hands."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:44 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Freedom Park - Riga]

"There she is!" Gabriel said, his tone an exaggeratedly excited one for the benefit of the children.  "Mummy!" Seika said, hobbling quickly ahead of him and towards her mother.  From his arms, Aria held out her hands, waving them happily.  "Hewwo!" she shouted.  It was one of her favorite words.  

Gabriel winked at his wife.  "'Hewwo', indeed.  And hello to you, too, Mr. Groom," he said, smiling at Henriks.  "Are you ready to do this?  You've had plenty of time to get used to all of us by now...so any further steps you take toward joining this family is all your own fault," he joked.  Seika continued to hop along toward her mother, wrapping her arms around Archangel's leg.

As Henriks fell quiet, apparently lost to his own thoughts, Archangel's sensitive hearing picked up on other familiar voices. She smiled, turning to see her family approaching at speed. She winced as Seika latched herself onto her mother's leg, forcing a smile as she looked down at the little girl.

"Seika, sweetheart, what have I told you about mummy's leg?" she said evenly as she pried her daughter off the damaged limb. She then reached out to tickle Aria. "Hello, little one," she cooed before turning her attention to her husband. "I don't think Henriks has any plans of bolting," she said, smiling at the nervous groom. "Nervous, yes, but not about to bolt.
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 10:52 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Hearing someone approach them, Zero paused in her constant vigilance over Jiseth to look up at the Admiral, giving him a wary nod.  She didn't know much about the man.  She hadn't cared to find out.  The few bits and pieces she did know came from station gossip.  Unfortunately, since he was a command officer associated with her, he would know about her.

"Admiral," she said formally.  "I have tried the drink previously when Commander Arthur shared it with me, but I have chosen to abstain today."

Jiseth wrote:
Jiseth returned the salute with her glass of her green, melon-flavored soft drink. A nice touch on the part of the groom to remember her favorite. It was all so beautiful this event. Much like that man Henriks.

"Doctor's orders on my end, Admiral. Romulan ale seems to appear and suddenly disappear when I'm around, yet in the face of this one..." She gave her lover a slight prod, "...I'm inclined to, for my personal safety as much as enjoyment, do as she damn well says. How are you enjoying yourself so far?"

[Freedom Park - Riga]

Well. This certainly was an interesting development. Corman had heard stories through the omnipresent grapevine about some of the legendary feats of drinking that this pair had pulled off. With Jiseth's Romulan physiology and...god-knows-what was going on with Zero, or what she was made up of...he imagined they could probably give a Klingon a run for his money by way of imbibing. "Fair enough," Corman nodded. "If the both of you are teetotaling for this event."

He finished off his glass, keeping hold of the container. It was sometimes hard to remember that in the real world, there wasn't always a nearby reclamation unit for empty cups. "It's a nice gathering," he said, in response to the Romulan. "Peaceful-like. Abols and Arthur both are a hell of a pair, and a good addition to my staff. Do you know them both well?"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 10:56 pm

Chira Arthur wrote:

"Thanks," Chira beamed, watching herself in the tall mirror as Mara slipped behind her to clasp the necklace on. "It...it means a lot," she said, and meant it, since this piece of jewelry was obviously one that was special to the young woman. "I guess that's fixed it, then...something old, new, borrowed, and blue. I guess we'll just skip the silver sixpence that's supposed to be in my shoe...seeing as how nobody actually uses coinage anymore."

She gave herself a considering look in the mirror, dress and all, with her hair done up in long ringlets, draping down her neck from the bun at the back of her head. The makeup on her face was very slight, subtle enough that one could miss the touch of red at her lips. Chira had never really cared much for things like makeup...and she knew she didn't need to doll herself up for her husband. He loved her how she was...and she felt the same for him.

"It's...it's really time, isn't it?" she asked, looking at the chronometer. Just a quarter hour remained until 1. "We'd better get moving that way...else your brother will think he's got a runaway bride on his hands."

[Ābols Home]

Māra couldn't help but grin in reply. Smiles, she had found, were just as infectious as laughter. While Chira examined herself in the mirror, Māra smoothed out a few small creases out of her own dress and slipped on her shoes. She had gotten a new pair just for the day of the wedding, not wanting to look shabby on her brother's special day.

"Yes," she agreed with a smile, "we wouldn't want my brother to worry." Māra glanced at the clock. Only fifteen minutes remained. Was it really so soon? The last hour seemed to have vanished in the blink of an eye. Māra slipped her arm into that of her sister to be while they walked from the house to the park where the wedding was to be held.

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

As Henriks fell quiet, apparently lost to his own thoughts, Archangel's sensitive hearing picked up on other familiar voices. She smiled, turning to see her family approaching at speed. She winced as Seika latched herself onto her mother's leg, forcing a smile as she looked down at the little girl.

"Seika, sweetheart, what have I told you about mummy's leg?" she said evenly as she pried her daughter off the damaged limb. She then reached out to tickle Aria. "Hello, little one," she cooed before turning her attention to her husband. "I don't think Henriks has any plans of bolting," she said, smiling at the nervous groom. "Nervous, yes, but not about to bolt.

[Freedom Park - Riga]

"Sveiks," Henriks said to Chira's brother as he approached, accompanied by his two young kids. "I will gladly take the blame for our two families joining," he added, grinning. Most of her family he had met at Gabe's wedding and had found them to be an amiable lot. And as to part of that family that would be joining his...

Henriks crouched down so that he was eye level with the young girl clutching Archangel’s leg. “Sveika, little one,” he said smiling, “I’m Henriks. What’s your name?”

Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 5:50 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Freedom Park - Riga]

"Sveiks," Henriks said to Chira's brother as he approached, accompanied by his two young kids. "I will gladly take the blame for our two families joining," he added, grinning. Most of her family he had met at Gabe's wedding and had found them to be an amiable lot. And as to part of that family that would be joining his...

Henriks crouched down so that he was eye level with the young girl clutching Archangel’s leg. “Sveika, little one,” he said smiling, “I’m Henriks. What’s your name?”

Seika looked up at Henriks with a wide smile on her face. There was little in the universe that seemed to be able to dampen the natural sweet nature the little girl had.

"I'm Seika! Mummy says that you're going to be my uncle!"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:34 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Seika looked up at Henriks with a wide smile on her face.  There was little in the universe that seemed to be able to dampen the natural sweet nature the little girl had.

"I'm Seika!  Mummy says that you're going to be my uncle!"

Gabriel was glad to see that Seika had taken right to Henriks. It wasn't surprising, however...Chira had picked herself out a real nice person in Dr. Abols. He was compassionate and caring. Gabe had often said (out of his sister's hearing) that Chira couldn't have gotten involved with a better person, even if she'd programmed one in a holodeck.

From his arms, Aria poked her finger at Henriks, her rosy cheeks smiling happily. "Apple!" she said, or close enough to it. Apparently, Chira had been teaching her the word. He didn't blame his sister...'apple' was much easier to say than 'Henriks Abols'.

"Yes," he grinned, "I don't think we'll have to worry overmuch about Mr. Apple taking off...unless it involves not waiting for the ceremony to finish before head to...where is it y'all are going? Bajor?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 9:10 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Māra couldn't help but grin in reply. Smiles, she had found, were just as infectious as laughter. While Chira examined herself in the mirror, Māra smoothed out a few small creases out of her own dress and slipped on her shoes. She had gotten a new pair just for the day of the wedding, not wanting to look shabby on her brother's special day.

"Yes," she agreed with a smile, "we wouldn't want my brother to worry." Māra glanced at the clock. Only fifteen minutes remained. Was it really so soon? The last hour seemed to have vanished in the blink of an eye. Māra slipped her arm into that of her sister to be while they walked from the house to the park where the wedding was to be held.

[Abols Home]

Taking a breath, Chira nodded and smiled. Yes, it was time to go. She'd heard of 'cold feet' before, but her feet felt nothing but airy lightness, almost as if they didn't want to maintain contact with the surface of the floor...as if they would get her to her destination faster if they just floated. Her heart also wanted to follow suit.

[Freedom Park - Riga]

As the pair left the Abols house and got closer to the little park area where the ceremony was to be held, Chira was a bit surprised at the amount of people...though, in hindsight, she probably shouldn't have been. Both the Abols and Arthur families were large and close, and had a lot of friends and connections. She was very happy to see that Jiseth and Zero had made the trip, especially with the Romulan's injuries. Chira fully looked forward to helping those two plan their own ceremony in the distant future.

Chira slipped her hand into Mara's as they made their way to the fringe of the crowd. One person noticed them, and then more, each one falling silent as the word spread. She didn't have a 'wedding party', really...the only ones who were to be up front were herself, her Apple, and Arch, who was performing the ceremony. Low-key in all aspects...that had been their watchword throughout the whole planning phases. "Someone better pass the word to your brother," Chira murmured, grinning. "He'll need to get his butt up front so he doesn't see me before that moment."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 9:34 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

From his arms, Aria poked her finger at Henriks, her rosy cheeks smiling happily.  "Apple!" she said, or close enough to it.  Apparently, Chira had been teaching her the word.  He didn't blame his sister...'apple' was much easier to say than 'Henriks Abols'.

"Yes," he grinned, "I don't think we'll have to worry overmuch about Mr. Apple taking off...unless it involves not waiting for the ceremony to finish before head to...where is it y'all are going?  Bajor?"

Chira Arthur wrote:
Chira slipped her hand into Mara's as they made their way to the fringe of the crowd. One person noticed them, and then more, each one falling silent as the word spread. She didn't have a 'wedding party', really...the only ones who were to be up front were herself, her Apple, and Arch, who was performing the ceremony. Low-key in all aspects...that had been their watchword throughout the whole planning phases. "Someone better pass the word to your brother," Chira murmured, grinning. "He'll need to get his butt up front so he doesn't see me before that moment."

[Freedom Park - Riga]

Archangel finally managed to pry her daughter off her leg, keeping a carefully neutral face as she did so despite the fact that her knee was definitely protesting now. She straightened up, looking toward Gabriel as he spoke, then to Henriks with a smile.

She had been about to say something when she spotted Chira moving along the fringes of the crowd, looking radiant in her dress. The Romulan felt her spirits lift even further. "Looks like the bride's here. Come on, Henriks, we'd better get to the altar!"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:20 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Seika looked up at Henriks with a wide smile on her face.  There was little in the universe that seemed to be able to dampen the natural sweet nature the little girl had.

"I'm Seika!  Mummy says that you're going to be my uncle!"
She had been about to say something when she spotted Chira moving along the fringes of the crowd, looking radiant in her dress. The Romulan felt her spirits lift even further. "Looks like the bride's here. Come on, Henriks, we'd better get to the altar!"

[Freedom Park]

Henriks couldn’t help but grin wider as the young girl replied. There was no sight sweeter than a child’s smile, no sound more so than a child’s laugh. “Yes,” he nodded. “I’m going to be your uncle. I love your aunt very much.” Henriks was standing back up as Gabe spoke and nodded again. “Yup, to Bajor.” It would be nice, he thought, to finally and truly be alone with his lovely lady. Just the thought was enough to make him grin.

He looked briefly to the altar before turning his gaze back to Archangel, his grin taking on a nervous quality again. It was finally time. At last.

Pauls Ābols watched as his brother, his twin, made his way towards the altar with the redshirted Romulan. The bottle that Pauls had brought was still in his hand, so he quickly found a table to set it upon. He doubted that the neighbors would try to 'kidnap' the bride, as the old tradition went, for they liked Henriks well and knew his bride to be was not from around here. But Pauls had gotten a bottle anyways, more as a jape in hopes to make his brother smile.

The war had changed him, made him more serious, more quiet than he had been when they were boys. Henriks had suffered much, even coming back with scars, and Pauls had not been there for him. I should have been there, Pauls thought bitterly. But he hadn't been, and it was all Starfleet's fault. They did not want identical twins to serve on the same ship. It would cause too many problems, they said. And so Pauls was on another ship, light years away when his brother was injured and their cousin killed.

They were two people who had in essence been one. Henriks was his other half. Growing up, everything had been the same for both. But everything was different now. Henriks was getting married. And what was a wife if not her husband's other half? It was a thought that made Pauls feel so very odd. Pauls was more than thrilled that his brother had found someone who made him happy, but still... Pauls shrugged and moved to his place.

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Freedom Park - Riga]

Chira slipped her hand into Mara's as they made their way to the fringe of the crowd.  One person noticed them, and then more, each one falling silent as the word spread.  She didn't have a 'wedding party', really...the only ones who were to be up front were herself, her Apple, and Arch, who was performing the ceremony.  Low-key in all aspects...that had been their watchword throughout the whole planning phases.  "Someone better pass the word to your brother," Chira murmured, grinning.  "He'll need to get his butt up front so he doesn't see me before that moment."

Māra and Chira made their way along the outskirts of the crowd until they were in position and ready for the ceremony to begin. “Yes, I do believe Miss T'Koris has seen to that,” Māra grinned, noting how she and Henriks were nearly to the altar by that moment. “And how are you feeling, now that it's so very nearly time?” she asked Chira, who would be her sister only a few moments from then.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 9:22 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Māra and Chira made their way along the outskirts of the crowd until they were in position and ready for the ceremony to begin. “Yes, I do believe Miss T'Koris has seen to that,” Māra grinned, noting how she and Henriks were nearly to the altar by that moment. “And how are you feeling, now that it's so very nearly time?” she asked Chira, who would be her sister only a few moments from then.

[Freedom Park]

"Indeed, she has..." Chira said, her voice barely above a whisper. The crowd seemed to part and...there he was. Standing up front, her sister-in-law beside him, and the girl who would be her other sister-in-law at her own side. "It's time. Thank you, Mara," she said, giving her a quick peck on the cheek. "For everything!"

As she stepped away and closer to the front, her father, Robert, moved from the crowd. He stood close to Chira, moving with her as she completed the walk down their makeshift little aisle.

The late October breeze rustled the frills of her dress, making them move with the undulating motion. She was surprised to see so much color still on the trees this late in the year, but, then again, Riga was fairly low as far as elevation went. Not quite as hilly as back in Virginia, she thought, grinning quickly. She gave her father's hand a little squeeze, kissing his cheek as well.

By then, she was already up front. There was nothing between her and her fiancee...her husband...her future...but a few more steps.

And she took them.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 11:57 am

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Freedom Park]

"Indeed, she has..." Chira said, her voice barely above a whisper.  The crowd seemed to part and...there he was.  Standing up front, her sister-in-law beside him, and the girl who would be her other sister-in-law at her own side.  "It's time.  Thank you, Mara," she said, giving her a quick peck on the cheek.  "For everything!"

As she stepped away and closer to the front, her father, Robert, moved from the crowd.  He stood close to Chira, moving with her as she completed the walk down their makeshift little aisle.  

The late October breeze rustled the frills of her dress, making them move with the undulating motion.  She was surprised to see so much color still on the trees this late in the year, but, then again, Riga was fairly low as far as elevation went.  Not quite as hilly as back in Virginia, she thought, grinning quickly.  She gave her father's hand a little squeeze, kissing his cheek as well.  

By then, she was already up front.  There was nothing between her and her fianceé...her husband...her future...but a few more steps.

And she took them.

[Freedom Park]

Chira gave her a light peck to the check, and Māra returned it by pulling her soon to be sister into a quick hug. "I was glad to do what I could," she whispered back, a smile tugging excitedly at the corners of her mouth. "And it's time." Māra stepped back and Chira stepped forward, and her father joined her side.

A hush fell over the crowd, leaving the rustling of the autumn leaves the only sound to be heard. Henriks turned his head to see what had caused the drop in noise. Surely he was aloud to look, now that he was standing at the altar? What he saw took his breath away.

There stood his lovely lady, in a dress as orange as the setting sun that oft hung low in their October sky. The breeze rustled the frills as she made her way down the aisle, the music beginning to play. His father was in the thick of that, beaming as his fingers moved back and forth along his cello. But no grin was wider than the one that was now plastered across Henriks' face.

And now she was here, standing beside him at the altar. "My lady," he said quietly, only loud enough for her to hear, as he slipped his hand into hers.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Chira Arthur wrote:

The late October breeze rustled the frills of her dress, making them move with the undulating motion.  She was surprised to see so much color still on the trees this late in the year, but, then again, Riga was fairly low as far as elevation went.  Not quite as hilly as back in Virginia, she thought, grinning quickly.  She gave her father's hand a little squeeze, kissing his cheek as well.  

By then, she was already up front.  There was nothing between her and her fiancee...her husband...her future...but a few more steps.

And she took them.

Henriks Abols wrote:
A hush fell over the crowd, leaving the rustling of the autumn leaves the only sound to be heard. Henriks turned his head to see what had caused the drop in noise. Surely he was aloud to look, now that he was standing at the altar? What he saw took his breath away.

There stood his lovely lady, in a dress as orange as the setting sun that oft hung low in their October sky. The breeze rustled the frills as she made her way down the aisle, the music beginning to play. His father was in the thick of that, beaming as his fingers moved back and forth along his cello. But no grin was wider than the one that was now plastered across Henriks' face.

And now she was here, standing beside him at the altar. "My lady," he said quietly, only loud enough for her to hear, as he slipped his hand into hers.

[Freedom Park - Riga]

Archangel stood at the altar with the groom, watching with a faint smile on her face as her sister-in-law, Henriks' bride, made her way slowly down the aisle towards them. The wide smiles on their faces were familiar to her, having worn the same smile before, only a few months ago.

She couldn't help her own smile grow slightly as they finally came to stand face to face. Ah, the perks of being a captain.

In a quiet voice intended for only the pair of love-birds, she asked: "Are you ready?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bells of October
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next