Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 8:07 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

The closer they got to civilisation, the closer Ilana walked to Raynor.  That in itself was quite difficult since she had started to tire about one quarter of the way down.  She had to scurry to keep up with his ground-eating stride.

He had offered to carry her again, but she had glared at him, insisting that she could keep going.    One hand reached up, touching the thin black wire that connected the implant in her head to the one in her throat.  It was partially hidden by her hair, but it was still there.  She could feel it.

Once again, the bright lights and sounds of the resort hit her senses, a far cry for the quiet gloom of the forest and the trail Raynor had taken her on.  She stuck close to his side, but pulled a face at the thought of eating.

"Do we have to?"

It was obvious that, as they approached the lights of civilization, Ilana started walking closer to him. That was frustrating on one hand, because he wasn't quite sure how to help her get over her anxieties and see what everyone else saw - a vibrant, intelligent woman who had already overcome more adversity that most would see in a lifetime. It also felt good just to have her near.

"Biologically? Why, dear doctor, I shouldn't have to tell you that," he teased, winking at her with a playful smirk. "Otherwise? Yes. You haven't had a damn thing all day, other than a nibble of a protein bar that you hid away when you thought that I wasn't looking. It's fortunate you don't have a pet monster dog that you can feed your vegetables to."

He looked out beyond the hotel, to a long pier extending into the water. "C'mon. They have a place out on the dock that catches and serves fresh fish."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 7:35 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

It was obvious that, as they approached the lights of civilization, Ilana started walking closer to him.  That was frustrating on one hand, because he wasn't quite sure how to help her get over her anxieties and see what everyone else saw - a vibrant, intelligent woman who had already overcome more adversity that most would see in a lifetime.  It also felt good just to have her near.

"Biologically?  Why, dear doctor, I shouldn't have to tell you that," he teased, winking at her with a playful smirk.  "Otherwise?  Yes.  You haven't had a damn thing all day, other than a nibble of a protein bar that you hid away when you thought that I wasn't looking.  It's fortunate you don't have a pet monster dog that you can feed your vegetables to."  

He looked out beyond the hotel, to a long pier extending into the water.  "C'mon.  They have a place out on the dock that catches and serves fresh fish."

It was reassuring for Ilana to stay close to Raynor, to the large Klingon that moved easily through the holidaymakers. People were not her thing, despite her profession. Well, more like large crowds of people weren't her thing.

As he brought up the ration bar she had nibbled at, she stuck her tongue out at him playfully. She knew that he had been watching. He always watched her eat to make sure that she got enough. While somewhat frustrating when their views differed, but at the same time, it was endearing.

"Um, fish sounds good," she replied, and was surprised to find herself actually looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 8:20 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

It was reassuring for Ilana to stay close to Raynor, to the large Klingon that moved easily through the holidaymakers.  People were not her thing, despite her profession.  Well, more like large crowds of people weren't her thing.

As he brought up the ration bar she had nibbled at, she stuck her tongue out at him playfully.  She knew that he had been watching.  He always watched her eat to make sure that she got enough.  While somewhat frustrating when their views differed, but at the same time, it was endearing.

"Um, fish sounds good," she replied, and was surprised to find herself actually looking forward to it.  

[Later]

The night had worn on a bit, and Raynor had stepped back into his section of the suite to grab a quick shower before dinner.  It was warm and luxurious, a real hydro-shower that tended to be a rarity on a starship.  Getting soft... he mused, thinking back to the cold-water blasts that passed for 'showers' on Klingon vessels.  

Dried and dressed, he moved to slide open the door between their two rooms.  He stopped, though, remembering that he should probably let Ilana know before he barged in.  Grinning, Raynor chimed the door, pulling his dark hair back in a tight tail as he waited.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 1:49 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Later]

The night had worn on a bit, and Raynor had stepped back into his section of the suite to grab a quick shower before dinner.  It was warm and luxurious, a real hydro-shower that tended to be a rarity on a starship.  Getting soft... he mused, thinking back to the cold-water blasts that passed for 'showers' on Klingon vessels.  

Dried and dressed, he moved to slide open the door between their two rooms.  He stopped, though, remembering that he should probably let Ilana know before he barged in.  Grinning, Raynor chimed the door, pulling his dark hair back in a tight tail as he waited.

"C-come in!" Ilana called as she got to her feet. She had been curled up on one of the sofas in her room, her nose in a PADD. She had washed herself, although not with the same enthusiasm as Raynor. She was not much of a water lover. She was just happy that water generally slid off her scales without leaving them too wet.

The Cardassian smiled as she saw the door open to reveal her best friend, setting the PADD aside, hoping to pass it off as having been cleaning. He wouldn't be happy if he knew that she was still trying to work on her time off. "R-Ready to go?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

"C-come in!" Ilana called as she got to her feet.  She had been curled up on one of the sofas in her room, her nose in a PADD.  She had washed herself, although not with the same enthusiasm as Raynor.  She was not much of a water lover.  She was just happy that water generally slid off her scales without leaving them too wet.

The Cardassian smiled as she saw the door open to reveal her best friend, setting the PADD aside, hoping to pass it off as having been cleaning.  He wouldn't be happy if he knew that she was still trying to work on her time off.  "R-Ready to go?"

"Of course," Raynor said, as the door slid open and he moved in. He reached his large hand out, helping Ilana to her feet. "Getting a lot of work done?" the Klingon asked, his tone one of playful admonition. He eyed the padd with a raise eyebrow. "I certainly hope to hell not."

The lighting of the resort area was soft in the tropical darkness, with sounds and music floating on the night air. Raynor led Ilana on a long pier, the ocean waves gently crashing. Soon, the pier widened, leading to a seating area, with a table already laid out with various fishes. "This one's sushi," he said, after holding a seat out for her. "It's Earth-native. Jiseth showed it to me." His voice took on a wistful tone, as if often did when he thought of the Romulan.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 12:33 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Of course," Raynor said, as the door slid open and he moved in.  He reached his large hand out, helping Ilana to her feet.  "Getting a lot of work done?" the Klingon asked, his tone one of playful admonition.  He eyed the padd with a raise eyebrow.  "I certainly hope to hell not."

The lighting of the resort area was soft in the tropical darkness, with sounds and music floating on the night air.  Raynor led Ilana on a long pier, the ocean waves gently crashing.  Soon, the pier widened, leading to a seating area, with a table already laid out with various fishes.  "This one's sushi," he said, after holding a seat out for her.  "It's Earth-native.  Jiseth showed it to me."  His voice took on a wistful tone, as if often did when he thought of the Romulan.

Ilana ignored the jibe about working, following Raynor out of her room and back out into the holidaying crowds of Risa. She gave a soft smile at the restaurant he had picked out for them, wondering if it was because he remembered what she had eaten, the first time they had met up again after his resignation from Starfleet.

She sat down, watching as he did the same, her green eyes scanning the people around, noting that several were starting at the pair of them. She looked down at the table, trying to ignore them.

"I've h-had sushi before. Will it be enough for y-you though?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana ignored the jibe about working, following Raynor out of her room and back out into the holidaying crowds of Risa.  She gave a soft smile at the restaurant he had picked out for them, wondering if it was because he remembered what she had eaten, the first time they had met up again after his resignation from Starfleet.

She sat down, watching as he did the same, her green eyes scanning the people around, noting that several were starting at the pair of them.  She looked down at the table, trying to ignore them.

"I've h-had sushi before.  Will it be enough for y-you though?"

"Hah!" Raynor laughed, sauntering into his own seat. "I'm sure if I need to, I can grab a shark out of the water and take a bite out of it." The Klingon took up two long rods of thin wood, picking out a few wrapped bits of fish. He applied a liberal amount of soy sauce, grinning as he did so. "I imagine Jiseth would tear my liver out for doing this to the sushi, but I don't give a damn." Popping one into his mouth, Raynor chewed, giving the doctor a considering look. "What'll you have to drink, Lana? They have real firewine, here...but I doubt you'll be wanting that."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 1:53 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Hah!" Raynor laughed, sauntering into his own seat.  "I'm sure if I need to, I can grab a shark out of the water and take a bite out of it."  The Klingon took up two long rods of thin wood, picking out a few wrapped bits of fish.  He applied a liberal amount of soy sauce, grinning as he did so.  "I imagine Jiseth would tear my liver out for doing this to the sushi, but I don't give a damn."  Popping one into his mouth, Raynor chewed, giving the doctor a considering look.  "What'll you have to drink, Lana?  They have real firewine, here...but I doubt you'll be wanting that."

Smiling slightly at the mental image of Raynor grabbing a shark out of the water, Ilana picked up the two thin lengths of wood, her slender grey fingers manipulating them with ease to pick up a piece of sushi. She took a bite, enjoying the delicate flavours.

"I th-think I'll have tea," she said. "I have not ingested enough to m-make alcohol a wise ch-choice."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Smiling slightly at the mental image of Raynor grabbing a shark out of the water, Ilana picked up the two thin lengths of wood, her slender grey fingers manipulating them with ease to pick up a piece of sushi.  She took a bite, enjoying the delicate flavours.  

"I th-think I'll have tea," she said.  "I have not ingested enough to m-make alcohol a wise ch-choice."

"Very well," Raynor replied, punching in the request via the table's menu screen. Before long, a pair of immaculately-dressed waitstaff came along with their drinks, leaving the firewine bottle at the table on Raynor's request. He poured himself a generous amount of the liquor, throwing the glass back with relish. "That waiter certainly had nothing but smiles for you, Lana," he said, somewhat teasingly. "Perhaps you should reconsider leaving your horga'hn out."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Very well," Raynor replied, punching in the request via the table's menu screen.  Before long, a pair of immaculately-dressed waitstaff came along with their drinks, leaving the firewine bottle at the table on Raynor's request.  He poured himself a generous amount of the liquor, throwing the glass back with relish.  "That waiter certainly had nothing but smiles for you, Lana," he said, somewhat teasingly.  "Perhaps you should reconsider leaving your horga'hn out."

Having just taken a sip of her tea, Ilana found herself almost spitting it back out at the mention of leaving the invitation statue out for the waiter. She set the tea cup back down again, composing herself. Deciding to get a little pay back, she let her eyes seek out the waiter in question and a half smile twist one corner of her mouth.

"M-maybe I will..." she replied, tilting her head to one side as if to get a better look.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Having just taken a sip of her tea, Ilana found herself almost spitting it back out at the mention of leaving the invitation statue out for the waiter.  She set the tea cup back down again, composing herself.  Deciding to get a little pay back, she let her eyes seek out the waiter in question and a half smile twist one corner of her mouth.

"M-maybe I will..."  she replied, tilting her head to one side as if to get a better look.

Grinning broadly, Raynor leaned back in his chair, eyeing the Cardassian with a cockeyed grin. "I can call him back, if you want. Maybe chat with him, talk you up?" The Klingon re-filled his glass, taking another long pull of the liquor. It had a good, clean burn to it, thus its name. He tapped his lip, pretending to give the idea consideration. "Though...it might be a waste of your time, Lana. That one was too damn skinny. Maybe he's been sick, or something."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 4:32 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Grinning broadly, Raynor leaned back in his chair, eyeing the Cardassian with a cockeyed grin.  "I can call him back, if you want.  Maybe chat with him, talk you up?"  The Klingon re-filled his glass, taking another long pull of the liquor.  It had a good, clean burn to it, thus its name.  He tapped his lip, pretending to give the idea consideration.  "Though...it might be a waste of your time, Lana.  That one was too damn skinny.  Maybe he's been sick, or something."

Ilana rolled her eyes at the Klingon, taking another sip of her tea before nibbling on a rice roll. She knew that he was just messing with her, but she wasn't the type of person who could have a casual hook up on a strange planet.

"There is nothing w-wrong with s-skinny," she pointed out calmly to the Klingon. She shrugged one shoulder, going on to reassure him: "I do not intend to lie with a s-stranger."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 4:56 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana rolled her eyes at the Klingon, taking another sip of her tea before nibbling on a rice roll.  She knew that he was just messing with her, but she wasn't the type of person who could have a casual hook up on a strange planet.

"There is nothing w-wrong with s-skinny," she pointed out calmly to the Klingon.  She shrugged one shoulder, going on to reassure him:  "I do not intend to lie with a s-stranger."

"Of course there's not," Raynor said, grinning widely and winking expressively at the doctor.  "Nobody said there was anything wrong with skinny.  Just...in that person."  

The Klingon placed the chopsticks back in his fingers, attempting again to pick up a bit of fish.  And failing miserably.  He'd never mastered the usage of the damn things.  There wasn't a fork on the table, nor did he figure he should take a dagger out and start spearing food.  Therefore, Raynor picked a piece of roll up and popped it into his mouth.  "That's up to you, of course," the Klingon said, referring to the whole stranger thing.  "There are benefits and cons, as in all things.  Sometimes you meet someone, and you know exactly what you want, as do they.  And you have an arrangement, and it's nothing more than that."  He shrugged, pouring a bit more firewine.  "I'm just saying...keep your options open. This is vacation, after all."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Of course there's not," Raynor said, grinning widely and winking expressively at the doctor.  "Nobody said there was anything wrong with skinny.  Just...in that person."  

The Klingon placed the chopsticks back in his fingers, attempting again to pick up a bit of fish.  And failing miserably.  He'd never mastered the usage of the damn things.  There wasn't a fork on the table, nor did he figure he should take a dagger out and start spearing food.  Therefore, Raynor picked a piece of roll up and popped it into his mouth.  "That's up to you, of course," the Klingon said, referring to the whole stranger thing.  "There are benefits and cons, as in all things.  Sometimes you meet someone, and you know exactly what you want, as do they.  And you have an arrangement, and it's nothing more than that."  He shrugged, pouring a bit more firewine.  "I'm just saying...keep your options open.  This is vacation, after all."

The Cardassian's cheeks darkened significantly and she looked down at her food in an effort to hide it. She had never been one for casual flings. It just didn't happen for her. She didn't want to have a casual fling, even though she knew that it was healthy for a person to engage in sexual activity from time to time.

"Maybe you c-can do something l-like that, but I c-can't." The blush on her face deepened. "I have only ever b-been with one p-person, R-Raynor. I d-do not seem to have the s-same d-drives as you do."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 5:26 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The Cardassian's cheeks darkened significantly and she looked down at her food in an effort to hide it.  She had never been one for casual flings.  It just didn't happen for her.  She didn't want to have a casual fling, even though she knew that it was healthy for a person to engage in sexual activity from time to time.

"Maybe you c-can do something l-like that, but I c-can't."  The blush on her face deepened.  "I have only ever b-been with one p-person, R-Raynor.  I d-do not seem to have the s-same d-drives as you do."

Of course you've only ever been with one person, Raynor thought, glancing down at the food on the table. How could he not know that, when he'd been that person? Twice, now. And both times under...questionable...circumstances when the both of them hadn't been in complete control of their faculties. It was an undercurrent between the two of them, and one that probably should be addressed...if only there was a way to bring it up.

"It's no big deal, Lana," Raynor shrugged, smiling with a bit more lightness than he felt. "Those are decisions for you and you alone to make. Nobody else can make them for you. Very few people have the same drives I do." Raynor pushed the bottle of firewine closer to her. "Share a drink? Or would you like some kanar?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Of course you've only ever been with one person, Raynor thought, glancing down at the food on the table.  How could he not know that, when he'd been that person?  Twice, now.  And both times under...questionable...circumstances when the both of them hadn't been in complete control of their faculties.  It was an undercurrent between the two of them, and one that probably should be addressed...if only there was a way to bring it up.

"It's no big deal, Lana," Raynor shrugged, smiling with a bit more lightness than he felt.  "Those are decisions for you and you alone to make.  Nobody else can make them for you.  Very few people have the same drives I do."  Raynor pushed the bottle of firewine closer to her.  "Share a drink?  Or would you like some kanar?"

Ilana looked down at her sushi, poking a piece with her chopsticks. She could very well believe that few people shared the same drives as a Klingon. She had been the recipient of those drives as well, so she knew first hand how strong they could be.

She looked at the bottle of wine that Raynor had pushed toward her and decided that what she really needed to do at that point was get drunk. Maybe if she was drunk, things would make more sense.

Catching a waiter as he went past, she asked for a bottle of Kanar and, when it arrived swiftly, sniffed it with a wary air. Once she had deemed it fit to drink, she poured a little of the thick, dark blue liquid into a glass and downed it in one.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana looked down at her sushi, poking a piece with her chopsticks.  She could very well believe that few people shared the same drives as a Klingon.  She had been the recipient of those drives as well, so she knew first hand how strong they could be.

She looked at the bottle of wine that Raynor had pushed toward her and decided that what she really needed to do at that point was get drunk.  Maybe if she was drunk, things would make more sense.  

Catching a waiter as he went past, she asked for a bottle of Kanar and, when it arrived swiftly, sniffed it with a wary air.  Once she had deemed it fit to drink, she poured a little of the thick, dark blue liquid into a glass and downed it in one.

Raising his glass in a form of a toast, Raynor drank along with Ilana. He'd tried kanar once or twice, and found it horrible both times. It was a strong drink, which was always to be appreciated, but...damn, if it wasn't like drinking tar. Raynor took up a small basket of freshly-baked, crusty bread and passed it over to the Cardassian. "Might want to eat a little bit of that along with the kanar," he suggested. "It'll hit you like a kolar beast if you have an empty stomach."

The conversation had gone off the proverbial rails, somehow...actually, the 'somehow' was mainly rhetorical. Raynor knew exactly how it'd gone off - he brought up relationships, and the like. Even though it'd just been in jest, he regretted it. A little too late to start counting up all your regrets with her *now*, is it not? Yes. Quite.

"You seem to be getting along very well with the implants," he offered, looking for any kind of conversation to fill the silence.

Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 7:35 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raising his glass in a form of a toast, Raynor drank along with Ilana.  He'd tried kanar once or twice, and found it horrible both times.  It was a strong drink, which was always to be appreciated, but...damn, if it wasn't like drinking tar.  Raynor took up a small basket of freshly-baked, crusty bread and passed it over to the Cardassian.  "Might want to eat a little bit of that along with the kanar," he suggested.  "It'll hit you like a kolar beast if you have an empty stomach."

The conversation had gone off the proverbial rails, somehow...actually, the 'somehow' was mainly rhetorical.  Raynor knew exactly how it'd gone off - he brought up relationships, and the like.  Even though it'd just been in jest, he regretted it.  A little too late to start counting up all your regrets with her *now*, is it not?  Yes.  Quite.

"You seem to be getting along very well with the implants," he offered, looking for any kind of conversation to fill the silence.

Glancing at the bread, Ilana took a piece but set it to the side. She wanted to get drunk. Maybe things would be easier to deal with when she was drunk. She wasn't all that sure if it would work. She had never been drunk before. In any case, it was worth a shot.

Filling her glass again, she took a smaller sip this time before taking a nibble of another sushi roll. She shrugged a shoulder as he brought up the subject of her implants, one hand reaching up to touch the thin black wire. "They are functioning well. They hurt sometimes, but I expected that."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 8:13 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
Glancing at the bread, Ilana took a piece but set it to the side.  She wanted to get drunk.  Maybe things would be easier to deal with when she was drunk.  She wasn't all that sure if it would work.  She had never been drunk before.  In any case, it was worth a shot.

Filling her glass again, she took a smaller sip this time before taking a nibble of another sushi roll.  She shrugged a shoulder as he brought up the subject of her implants, one hand reaching up to touch the thin black wire.  "They are functioning well.  They hurt sometimes, but I expected that."

"Indeed," Raynor said, still casting a critical eye at the amount of liquor Ilana was taking in without much food. At least she'd started sipping instead of gulping. He cast his mind back, trying to think if he'd ever seen her drunk, and was unable to come up with anything. If she had, it'd been out of his presence, or before they'd met. It seemed difficult to imagine his world before Ilana...seemed like she'd just always been there.

He tried to think of his influence on her life being a good one, or at least neutral, but there was still the part of him that knew damn well she'd be better off without him. "You're doing very well with them, it seems. Your speech patterns have cleared up markedly." Raynor went to fill his glass again, but noted that the firewine bottle was empty. When had *that* happened? he thought, shrugging as he ordered another one.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Indeed," Raynor said, still casting a critical eye at the amount of liquor Ilana was taking in without much food.  At least she'd started sipping instead of gulping.  He cast his mind back, trying to think if he'd ever seen her drunk, and was unable to come up with anything.  If she had, it'd been out of his presence, or before they'd met.  It seemed difficult to imagine his world before Ilana...seemed like she'd just always been there.  

He tried to think of his influence on her life being a good one, or at least neutral, but there was still the part of him that knew damn well she'd be better off without him.  "You're doing very well with them, it seems.  Your speech patterns have cleared up markedly."  Raynor went to fill his glass again, but noted that the firewine bottle was empty.  When had *that* happened? he thought, shrugging as he ordered another one.  

Ilana swallowed another mouthful of Kanar. She was starting to get a pleasant feeling in the back of her head. She was starting to not particularly care about the bright lights and loud music. It was a good feeling.

She set the glass down again, taking care to place it on the coaster that was on the table. It took more effort than she had anticipated. Was this the sensation known as 'being drunk'?

"The patterns h-have cleared up for th-the most part, but they are s-still present," she replied. It was a bit of an annoyance, really, but a far cry better than she had been. She wasn't about to start complaining about it. She gave a hiccup, a look of brief startlement crossing her face before she shook it off, taking another bite of rice.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 8:04 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana swallowed another mouthful of Kanar.  She was starting to get a pleasant feeling in the back of her head.  She was starting to not particularly care about the bright lights and loud music.  It was a good feeling.

She set the glass down again, taking care to place it on the coaster that was on the table.  It took more effort than she had anticipated.  Was this the sensation known as 'being drunk'?

"The patterns h-have cleared up for th-the most part, but they are s-still present," she replied.  It was a bit of an annoyance, really, but a far cry better than she had been.  She wasn't about to start complaining about it.  She gave a hiccup, a look of brief startlement crossing her face before she shook it off, taking another bite of rice.

The new firewine bottle arrived in no time flat, leaving Raynor to only marvel at the efficiency of this place. Not for the first time did he wonder at the facade of carelessness that lay over a well-oiled recreation machine. Unstopping it, he poured himself another glass, watching Ilana as she drank her own kanar. The Cardassian was starting to show signs of drunkenness, so Raynor decided that he'd have to keep an eye on her and stop her from getting too hammered, else she'd feel like she had a herd of targ rampaging through her head in the morning. She did, however, seem to take right to drinking. Yet another aspect of my bad influence on her, he thought.

"Might wanna go slow," he murmured, biting a bit of his bread off and nodding at her own. "I'm serious about the bread, Lana. You'll need something to soak up all that alcohol." Knowing her, she'd refuse to eat it simply because he'd suggested it. Her hard-headedness would make any Klingon proud. "If you're not careful," he grinned, "you might end up dancing or something."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 3:12 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

The new firewine bottle arrived in no time flat, leaving Raynor to only marvel at the efficiency of this place.  Not for the first time did he wonder at the facade of carelessness that lay over a well-oiled recreation machine.  Unstopping it, he poured himself another glass, watching Ilana as she drank her own kanar.  The Cardassian was starting to show signs of drunkenness, so Raynor decided that he'd have to keep an eye on her and stop her from getting too hammered, else she'd feel like she had a herd of targ rampaging through her head in the morning.  She did, however, seem to take right to drinking.  Yet another aspect of my bad influence on her, he thought.

"Might wanna go slow," he murmured, biting a bit of his bread off and nodding at her own.  "I'm serious about the bread, Lana.  You'll need something to soak up all that alcohol."  Knowing her, she'd refuse to eat it simply because he'd suggested it.  Her hard-headedness would make any Klingon proud.  "If you're not careful," he grinned, "you might end up dancing or something."

Looking down at the glass on the table, Ilana frowned slightly. "I have n-not drunk th-that m-much yet," she said, which was true. A glass and a half wasn't much to have drunk. What she hadn't taken into account, however, were the various medications she was still taking to help her implants settle in. She had never really drunk before, only the occasional glass of Kanar or trying something that Raynor had suggested.

When a waiter passed by their table to ask if there was anything they needed, she found herself smiling at the man. "Hmm... I'm s-sure I c-could think of s-s-something f-for you to d-do for me," she purred.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 8:04 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Looking down at the glass on the table, Ilana frowned slightly.  "I have n-not drunk th-that m-much yet," she said, which was true.  A glass and a half wasn't much to have drunk.  What she hadn't taken into account, however, were the various medications she was still taking to help her implants settle in.  She had never really drunk before, only the occasional glass of Kanar or trying something that Raynor had suggested.

When a waiter passed by their table to ask if there was anything they needed, she found herself smiling at the man.  "Hmm... I'm s-sure I c-could think of s-s-something f-for you to d-do for me," she purred.

Obviously used to drunk patrons and their sometimes-not-so-subtle advances, the svelte young man gave a casual smile and a nod. "Joy and pleasure," he said, by way of benediction, as he ducked back into the small crowd.

"I guess one would get that a lot if their job required them to work shirtless," Raynor said, his grin rather cockeyed. Oh yes - she was definitely drunk. Or well on the way. As the Cardassian had been paying attention to the waiter, Raynor had surreptitiously poured the rest of her glass full with water. He certainly didn't want her getting sick...but, then again, how was she ever to learn her limitations? "See? I told you not to get rid of the statue just yet," he softly teased. "I'm sure you can find that man's door to lay it at. Would you like me to carry you?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 12:59 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Obviously used to drunk patrons and their sometimes-not-so-subtle advances, the svelte young man gave a casual smile and a nod.  "Joy and pleasure," he said, by way of benediction, as he ducked back into the small crowd.  

"I guess one would get that a lot if their job required them to work shirtless," Raynor said, his grin rather cockeyed.  Oh yes - she was definitely drunk.  Or well on the way.  As the Cardassian had been paying attention to the waiter, Raynor had surreptitiously poured the rest of her glass full with water.  He certainly didn't want her getting sick...but, then again, how was she ever to learn her limitations?  "See?  I told you not to get rid of the statue just yet," he softly teased.  "I'm sure you can find that man's door to lay it at.  Would you like me to carry you?"

The Cardassian looked almost disappointed when the waiter brushed her off. She picked up her drink again, downing it in a few gulps. She pulled a face as she set the glass down again. It hadn't tasted right and it had been too thin. Not the strong, thick liquid it was supposed to be. She poured herself another glass, downing half of it again.

The room was starting to spin around her. She blinked and shook her head, trying to clear her vision. She glared at Raynor as he suggested that he carry her although the expression didn't have much heat in it. "I c-can w-w-walk b-by m-m-myself," she growled, getting to her feet. She swayed slightly, holding on to the table for support.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 6:29 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
The Cardassian looked almost disappointed when the waiter brushed her off.  She picked up her drink again, downing it in a few gulps.  She pulled a face as she set the glass down again.  It hadn't tasted right and it had been too thin.  Not the strong, thick liquid it was supposed to be.  She poured herself another glass, downing half of it again.

The room was starting to spin around her.  She blinked and shook her head, trying to clear her vision.  She glared at Raynor as he suggested that he carry her although the expression didn't have much heat in it.  "I c-can w-w-walk b-by m-m-myself," she growled, getting to her feet.  She swayed slightly, holding on to the table for support.

"Of course you can," Raynor chuckled, rolling his eyes. His trick with the water hadn't worked. Not that it was surprising...she was brilliant, and hard to get anything by on. "Alllright. I think it's time to go." He stood and did a quick bit of typing on the table padd, transferring the requisite amount of credits from his account to the restaurants...with a little bit extra for the waiter.

The Klingon put an arm around Ilana's thin shoulders, letting her lean against his large size. "Easy, Lana. Let's get you to bed."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next