Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 10:10 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
As they moved through the city and into the countryside Leela noticed Gavin looking up into the sky. "Such a clear night. I love looking at the sky on nights like this. I look up there and I see possibilities. When we look up we know some of those stars, but, we still have no clue what secrets thousands of those stars hold. Thousands of sentient races. Empires. Technology. Biology. The possibilities are endless." She hung on to Gavin's arm. She lowered her head and looked into his eyes. "Its amazing to think. I've seen a lot in 419 years but even I have barely scratched the surface of what's out there. It seems like; around every star; we see the impossible come true. It truly is a great time to be alive." She smiled. Something came over Leela in that moment, in that vehicle. She moved herself closer to Gavin. Maybe it way the stars. Maybe it was the liquor. To be honest it was likely a combination of the two. However ion that moment it felt right.

Leela moved her face towards Gavin and leaned in to give him a kiss.

Smiling a warm, drunk, and happy smile, Gavin leaned closer to Leela, taking comfort in her nearness.  He wondered how much of her openness with him was the Vulcan brandy talking, but...he could feel something.  That...spark...whatever you wanted to call it, it was, well...sparking.  The rational part of his brain kept screaming that she was so far out of his league that it was practically astronomical, but nights like this weren't made for the rational brain.

And speaking of that...

Another spark was sent by the sensation of her lips on his, soft and warm and tasting slightly of brandy, but feeling real enough to let him know that this was, indeed, no dream.  It was real and it was happening.  Gavin closed his eyes and let out a little sound of pleasure as he returned the gesture, touching his fingers along her spotted jawline.  "Lee..." he breathed, when they came up for air, the taste of her tongue still on his.  "I...wow."

Yes, it was real.  But, just for good measure, he kissed her again.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 10:31 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Smiling a warm, drunk, and happy smile, Gavin leaned closer to Leela, taking comfort in her nearness.  He wondered how much of her openness with him was the Vulcan brandy talking, but...he could feel something.  That...spark...whatever you wanted to call it, it was, well...sparking.  The rational part of his brain kept screaming that she was so far out of his league that it was practically astronomical, but nights like this weren't made for the rational brain.

And speaking of that...

Another spark was sent by the sensation of her lips on his, soft and warm and tasting slightly of brandy, but feeling real enough to let him know that this was, indeed, no dream.  It was real and it was happening.  Gavin closed his eyes and let out a little sound of pleasure as he returned the gesture, touching his fingers along her spotted jawline.  "Lee..." he breathed, when they came up for air, the taste of her tongue still on his.  "I...wow."

Yes, it was real.  But, just for good measure, he kissed her again.

Leela ran her hand through Gavin's short hair as she gently pulled her lips from his. She layer her head on his chest and looked up. "That was nice." She said simply. As if a matter of fact. "You know Mr Van Gelder. You are something else." Since being joined Leela had never reacted on pure impulse. Every move has been calculated. She now found herself throwing those equations out the nearest airlock. As she nestled her head back into Gavin's chest she noticed the stars seemed to slow down. She knew they must of been arriving at the spot Gavin had selected.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 10:50 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela ran her hand through Gavin's short hair as she gently pulled her lips from his. She layer her head on his chest and looked up. "That was nice." She said simply. As if a matter of fact. "You know Mr Van Gelder. You are something else." Since being joined Leela had never reacted on pure impulse. Every move has been calculated. She now found herself throwing those equations out the nearest airlock. As she nestled her head back into Gavin's chest she noticed the stars seemed to slow down. She knew they must of been arriving at the spot Gavin had selected.

The kiss ended all-too-soon, as most of the good ones tended to do, but Gavin couldn't help but grin when Leela laid her head against his chest. The clean scent of her soft hair filled his senses. "Something else?" he said, stroking the tips of his fingers along her hair. God. Please don't let this just be the alcohol talking.

He opened his mouth to say more, but closed it with a clk when Leela mentioned that the transport was slowing. Indeed, it was, and eventually it landed. "Get your coat," he said, poking his tongue out. "Or...you could just share mine!"

A small observation area stood atop a lonely hill, with velveteen darkness spread for kilometers around. Far off in the distance were the glowing lights of the city, but here they were quite alone. He was glad to not see any other speeders zooming through the area. "I love it here," he said, taking hold of her hand. "It's so hard to see the stars in the city. Let's go!" Still keeping hold of her hand, Gavin led Leela into a little tower-like structure, with a set of stairs leading up to an enclosed platform, encased by a transparent, dome-like top.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

The kiss ended all-too-soon, as most of the good ones tended to do, but Gavin couldn't help but grin when Leela laid her head against his chest.  The clean scent of her soft hair filled his senses.  "Something else?" he said, stroking the tips of his fingers along her hair.  God.  Please don't let this just be the alcohol talking.  

He opened his mouth to say more, but closed it with a clk when Leela mentioned that the transport was slowing.  Indeed, it was, and eventually it landed.  "Get your coat," he said, poking his tongue out.  "Or...you could just share mine!"

A small observation area stood atop a lonely hill, with velveteen darkness spread for kilometers around.  Far off in the distance were the glowing lights of the city, but here they were quite alone.  He was glad to not see any other speeders zooming through the area.  "I love it here," he said, taking hold of her hand.  "It's so hard to see the stars in the city.  Let's go!"  Still keeping hold of her hand, Gavin led Leela into a little tower-like structure, with a set of stairs leading up to an enclosed platform, encased by a transparent, dome-like top.  

Leela was still reeling from the kiss as she stood and picked her coat up from the seat. She laughed as Gavin joked about sharing a coat. "What the kiss wasn't enough." She teased as she slapped his shoulder with affection. "Let's go Gav. I'm dying to see this."

As they approached the staircase Leela noticed the staircase was narrow she shift her self ahead of Gavin. Her hand, still enclosed in his. She pulled him along laughing as they made their way up the spiral stairs. "I'm so excited Gav. I can't wait to see this."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 7:56 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela was still reeling from the kiss as she stood and picked her coat up from the seat. She laughed as Gavin joked about sharing a coat. "What the kiss wasn't enough." She teased as she slapped his shoulder with affection. "Let's go Gav. I'm dying to see this."  

As they approached the staircase Leela noticed the staircase was narrow she shift her self ahead of Gavin. Her hand, still enclosed in his. She pulled him along laughing as they made their way up the spiral stairs. "I'm so excited Gav. I can't wait to see this."

The pair of them moved on up through the stairway of the observation tower, smiling at the sensation of Leela's hand in his. "I think you'll like it," he said, popping up through the floor level. The night sky spread out above them, easily visible through the transparent aluminum dome. A long ribbon of greenish-purple color stretched across the blackness, adding an eldritch and ethereal quality to the scene.

"Charged particles," he said, as he plopped down on to the floor. "They ionize the atmosphere, and the optical emissions...thus, the Aurora Borealis. The Northern Lights." It was blessedly warm here, so Gavin took his coat off, rolling it to make a pillow for the both of them. With that done, he stretched out, lying on his back and looking up.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 8:55 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

The pair of them moved on up through the stairway of the observation tower, smiling at the sensation of Leela's hand in his.  "I think you'll like it," he said, popping up through the floor level.  The night sky spread out above them, easily visible through the transparent aluminum dome.  A long ribbon of greenish-purple color stretched across the blackness, adding an eldritch and ethereal quality to the scene.

"Charged particles," he said, as he plopped down on to the floor.  "They ionize the atmosphere, and the optical emissions...thus, the Aurora Borealis.  The Northern Lights."  It was blessedly warm here, so Gavin took his coat off, rolling it to make a pillow for the both of them.  With that done, he stretched out, lying on his back and looking up.

Leela stood and looked in aw of the spectacle before her eyes. The she turned to Gavin as he explained the process. "Leave it to you to suck the mystery and wonder out." She laughed. "Its amazing Gav. What an amazing idea." She turned to lay down on the pillow that Gavin made. "So chivalrous." She laid down and wrapped her arms around Gavin's waist. "You know Gav. You are something else." She laughed as she hugged him tighter and watched the show going on in the sky above their heads.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 10:33 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela stood and looked in aw of the spectacle before her eyes. The she turned to Gavin as he explained the process. "Leave it to you to suck the mystery and wonder out." She laughed. "Its amazing Gav. What an amazing idea." She turned to lay down on the pillow that Gavin made. "So chivalrous." She laid down and wrapped her arms around Gavin's waist. "You know Gav. You are something else." She laughed as she hugged him tighter and watched the show going on in the sky above their heads.

"If it makes you feel any better," Gavin said, as Leela settled in next to him, "you can pretend that the Great Bird of the Galaxy flew by, spreading colored light with his magic wings..." His head was still buzzing quite pleasantly, a warm sensation made even more enjoyable by the feeling of the Trill's arms around him. "It's...amazing up here. I always liked to come here to clear my head. Seems like nobody ever comes up here...where someone can be alone with their thoughts. Or," he said, looking over to Leela, "with someone special."

He trailed his index finger along the Trill's jaw, lightly bopping her on the tip of the nose. "Despite knowing the science...there is still something slightly...primal...about these lights. I just wonder what the people of Ancient Earth thought when they saw them. It almost takes you back...to a time when the world was younger." Gavin propped himself up on an elbow, the atmospheric lights reflected along with the stars in his sea-green eyes. "I like you, Lee. Moments like this...they're golden. I wish it didn't have to end," he said, drawing his lips to hers again.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 1:02 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"If it makes you feel any better," Gavin said, as Leela settled in next to him, "you can pretend that the Great Bird of the Galaxy flew by, spreading colored light with his magic wings..."  His head was still buzzing quite pleasantly, a warm sensation made even more enjoyable by the feeling of the Trill's arms around him.  "It's...amazing up here.  I always liked to come here to clear my head.  Seems like nobody ever comes up here...where someone can be alone with their thoughts.  Or," he said, looking over to Leela, "with someone special."  

He trailed his index finger along the Trill's jaw, lightly bopping her on the tip of the nose.  "Despite knowing the science...there is still something slightly...primal...about these lights.  I just wonder what the people of Ancient Earth thought when they saw them.  It almost takes you back...to a time when the world was younger."  Gavin propped himself up on an elbow, the atmospheric lights reflected along with the stars in his sea-green eyes.  "I like you, Lee.  Moments like this...they're golden.  I wish it didn't have to end," he said, drawing his lips to hers again.

"Well I have heard crazier theories." Leela laughed. She moved in closer to Gavin and looked into his eyes. "You're right Gav. The view is amazing." As Having moved his hand across her jaw Leela's hand moved through his hair as she leaned her face towards his. Their lips met again. She moved her hand down the back of his neck and moved it down his back where it came to rest. Leela couldn't believe all of this was happening. She felt so warm and safe and for the first time in years she felt completely comfortable in her own skin. Her thoughts made sense, in that moment. Everything felt right.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:53 am

Leela Kaz wrote:

"Well I have heard crazier theories." Leela laughed. She moved in closer to Gavin and looked into his eyes. "You're right Gav. The view is amazing." As Having moved his hand across her jaw Leela's hand moved through his hair as she leaned her face towards his. Their lips met again. She moved her hand down the back of his neck and moved it down his back where it came to rest. Leela couldn't believe all of this was happening. She felt so warm and safe and for the first time in years she felt completely comfortable in her own skin. Her thoughts made sense, in that moment. Everything felt right.

The aurora's light show was, indeed, a thing of brilliance and beauty. Then again, so was the woman he was sharing it with. Of the two, there wasn't a lot of question about which Gavin would rather concentrate on.

An involuntary (but very pleasant) shudder went down Gavin's spine as Leela brushed her hand down his back. Just like that, he was turned and propped on an elbow, the other hand stroking her spotted jawline as he kissed her lips and chin, moving to the neck, and...

Oh holy crap! Gavin thought, suddenly seized by a cold wash of fear. Were they going too far, too fast? True, he'd known Leela for months now, but...would it ruin anything? Would she think he was a scumbag lout? "Lee..." he breathed, their faces close and bodies very much closer, "...I...I'm not sure if..."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 6:05 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

The aurora's light show was, indeed, a thing of brilliance and beauty.  Then again, so was the woman he was sharing it with.  Of the two, there wasn't a lot of question about which Gavin would rather concentrate on.  

An involuntary (but very pleasant) shudder went down Gavin's spine as Leela brushed her hand down his back.  Just like that, he was turned and propped on an elbow, the other hand stroking her spotted jawline as he kissed her lips and chin, moving to the neck, and...

Oh holy crap! Gavin thought, suddenly seized by a cold wash of fear.  Were they going too far, too fast?  True, he'd known Leela for months now, but...would it ruin anything?  Would she think he was a scumbag lout?  "Lee..." he breathed, their faces close and bodies very much closer, "...I...I'm not sure if..."

The feel of Gavin's hand across her face brought back a flash of memories. A flash compiled of a dozen experiences all wrapped into one. She was remembering first loves, heartbreaks, marriages and the occasional mistake. It all hit her so hard and so fast it was as if the motion of his hand acted as a wand and pulled memories to the surface. She heard Gavin studded and knew what he wanted to say. This is too much too fast. She knew he was thinking it too. She moved her index finger to his lips and pressed it against them smiled and looked into his eyes. "Its okay Gav. You don't have to say it." She shifted her position and laid her head on his chest. And shifted her eyes to the sky dancing above their heads. "You were right. This is quite the view."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

The feel of Gavin's hand across her face brought back a flash of memories. A flash compiled of a dozen experiences all wrapped into one. She was remembering first loves, heartbreaks, marriages and the occasional mistake. It all hit her so hard and so fast it was as if the motion of his hand acted as a wand and pulled memories to the surface. She heard Gavin studded and knew what he wanted to say. This is too much too fast. She knew he was thinking it too. She moved her index finger to his lips and pressed it against them smiled and looked into his eyes. "Its okay Gav. You don't have to say it." She shifted her position and laid her head on his chest. And shifted her eyes to the sky dancing above their heads. "You were right. This is quite the view."

Gavin could feel his heart thudding in his ears as he touched Leela, his hand feeling along both the sheer material of her dress, and the soft skin underneath it. His eyes focused on the finger she put to his lips, making him look somewhat cross-eyed for a moment. I don't have to say -- ooh, yeah. Right. That.

In a moment, their positions were shifted, and the Trill girl's head lay on his chest, gently rising and falling with his breathing. She was right, of course. It was a little too fast, no matter how 'inspiring' this setting and her nearness was. "Heh. Yeah. The view is...out of this world," he smiled, resting his head back and trying to corral his breathing, heart, and hormones to a conversational level. "This night's been amazing, Leela. Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 11:06 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin could feel his heart thudding in his ears as he touched Leela, his hand feeling along both the sheer material of her dress, and the soft skin underneath it.  His eyes focused on the finger she put to his lips, making him look somewhat cross-eyed for a moment.  I don't have to say -- ooh, yeah.  Right.  That.  

In a moment, their positions were shifted, and the Trill girl's head lay on his chest, gently rising and falling with his breathing.  She was right, of course.  It was a little too fast, no matter how 'inspiring' this setting and her nearness was.  "Heh.  Yeah.  The view is...out of this world," he smiled, resting his head back and trying to corral his breathing, heart, and hormones to a conversational level.  "This night's been amazing, Leela.  Thank you."

Amazing? Leela thought. That's an understatement.

This was the first occasion Leela had had to open up her feelings and share them with someone. It was interesting for her to put it out there. It helped her explore who she was not only as Leela but as Kaz also.

"Gav. It really has been amazing. Thanks for letting me share. It feels nice to let someone in." She shift her eyes to his. "You know gav. You're something else. Ive never met anyone quite like you. You're genuine and that's something special."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3