Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Myree Grell I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Myree Grell I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Myree Grell I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Myree Grell I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Myree Grell I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Myree Grell I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Myree Grell I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Myree Grell I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Myree Grell I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Myree Grell I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Myree Grell

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign

Myree Grell Empty
PostSubject: Myree Grell   Myree Grell I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 11:16 pm

|Myree Grell|

Myree Grell Myree_zpsdmeyletz

Basics

Name:  Myree Grell
Species:  Orion
Date of Birth:  5 March 2355

Appearance

Height:  172.72 cm (5’8”)
Eyes:  Pale blue
Hair:  Rust
Characteristic elements:  Green skin!  Myree’s hair is strikingly russet in color, instead of the usual dark green.

Backstory
Myree Grell was raised on Deneva Colony, the daughter of Orion expatriates.  Her mother, Jael, is retired from Starfleet service and currently lives on the colony world with her father.  Myree’s parents escaped the rather questionable social structure of Orion, seeking refuge within the Federation and eventually daring the stars.  Jael graduated from Starfleet Medical and was assigned to a starship, with her husband Bann joining the crew in a civilian capacity.

The couple took a planetside posting on Deneva once it was discovered that a baby was expected.  When Myree was born, Jael decided to retire from the service to concentrate on civilian medical practice.  Bann is an artist who works with local Denevan crystal…a jewel-making skill that he seems to have passed on to his daughter.

When Myree came of age, she decided to leave for Earth to test for Starfleet Academy.  While her parents would have much liked her to stay on the colony and pursue the nominally safer career path of a jeweler, they also understood the need to explore.  So it was that Myree graduated with a specialty of Anthropology and Archaeology and was commissioned an ensign, with the billet of science officer.  

Career

Enlisted or Officer?:  Officer
Department preference 1:  Science
Department Preference 2:  Operations

Sample Post

You have arrived at your newest assignment...

[Starbase Athena – Science Lab One]

To the untrained eye, it was pretty much a large pile of junk.  Myree knew better, however.  Rusted bits and dusty clumps were her specialty.  They made her excited in much the same way a flight jock might drool over a new ‘speeder, or one of those boorish Klingons might bloviate about weapons.  In fact, if Myree could lock herself in a room full of old stuff and not come out until she categorized every scrap…well, she’d not complain.

This latest batch had been brought up from an excavation effort that the station personnel were assisting.  She’d hoped to be on the ground crew, but this was almost as good.  Still…identifying things wasn’t near as much fun as digging them up.

Myree’s breath caught as her gloved fingertips gently lifted a long piece of metal.  A flake of rust fell away, revealing a fairly-preserved blade underneath.  Speaking of weapons… “Great Bird,” the Orion girl breathed, searching her memory for where she’d seen such a shape before.  Yes!  It was the blade-head of a lirash, something very similar to the more-well-known Vulcan lirpa.  Fighting a surge of excited glee, she reverently sat the scrap down, picking up a padd to take more notes.

Behind the Mask

Have you done textbased RP before?:  Yes

How did you find Aurora?:  Co-founder

Additional notes about yourself or your character?:
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Myree Grell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myree Grell   Myree Grell I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Welcome (back) to Aurora Fleet!

I'm delighted to be able to offer you a position as Science Officer on Starbase Athena with the starting rank of Ensign. However, since our Starbase will not be running active missions for another few weeks, feel free to start or join in any non-mission threads, or even jump in on the mission on the USS Phoenix.

Rachel Deacon
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org

Myree Grell
Page 1 of 1