Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum

Go down 
+12
Harold Castor
Raynor Hughes
NPC
Archangel T'Koris
Jonathan Hart
Gabriel Arthur
Derek Black
Thelos th'Zhela
Ilana Telak
Chira Abols
Corman Stark
Rachel Deacon
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum Empty
PostSubject: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 8:06 am

[Starbase Athena]

Starbase Athena...  The first line of defense and the first hand of assistance, placed at the junction between Federation, Romulan and Klingon space.

In her office, Admiral Rachel Deacon stood by the window, arms clasped behind her back, watching as the USS Phoenix made her last approach manoeuvres so as to dock.  She was carrying the last of the supplies necessary to fully establish Athena as a functional starbase:  medical supplies and equipment, things that the science labs had requested from Earth, a new consignment of tools and materials for the engineers and even a shipment of armament for the Security and Tactical department.

And of course, the ship would then take on the crew that had been gathering on the station and enter into service.

She half wondered where her second in command, Rear Admiral Corman Stark, was and what he was getting up to.  She didn't know him well enough to know what she didn't want him doing, but she was sure that he could find something.

Glancing over her shoulder at the pile of PADDs all demanding her thumbprint, one stood out as being from the science department.  She picked it up, scanning the contents.  It was for the arrival of a plant, one categorised as a hazard, but it didn't specify as to how.  One eyebrow appeared from behind the Admiral's VISOR.  Ah yes, she remembered the request from one of their Klingon exchange officers, a Lieutenant Raynor Hughes.  He wanted to study this strange plant and, to her surprise, her Chief Medical Officer had been almost eager to help.

Shrugging one shoulder, she imprinted the request and made a mental note to talk to Lieutenant Hughes as to exactly what this plant was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 8:43 am

[SB Athena]

Corman couldn't help but glance out the viewport to the docking Phoenix. Was there anything finer than the sight of a starship, especially a new one? Full of hope and promise...the strong right arm of the United Federation of Planets. Ready to go out there...to make a difference. Not because it simply can, but because it was the right thing to be doing.

He thought of the kids that would be wrangling that beauty, and wished to God he could be riding with them once again.

But...no. He was a flag officer, now. A great honor, right? Of course it was.

Speaking of honor, he'd been drinking well into the night, and was definitely feeling all of his forty-plus years this morning. General Kantaak had been on board, and Corman couldn't refuse an old comrade-in-arms a few bottles of bloodwine. And so, they'd toasted. To past victory. To past glory. To the past.

He glanced down at the info padd in his hands as he made his way into the Admiral's office. The past was past, and this was his future now - paperwork, transfers, requisitions. "Ma'am, good morning," Corman said, walking over to the replicator. "Coffee, black, no sweet. Can I get you anything?"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 10:54 am

[SB Athena - Sickbay]

Henriks sat in his office with a cat curled up on his lap. With all the padds clamoring for his attention, he was probably going to be there for awhile. Crew rosters, incoming supplies, among so many others. He'd been holed away in the little room since early that morning, but the twitch of his foot was the only sign that he was tired. It wasn't something that most people caught; it was inconsistent and infrequent, and they usually had other things to worry about. But the cat noticed, jumping down from his lap and tilting its head, expectantly waiting for Henriks to give it a scratch.

Leaning down slightly, Henriks obliged, scratching his cat right below the ears. "Now off with you, Teodors," he told the cat, stifling a yawn. Maybe he ought to get some sort of caffeinated beverage to help him stay awake for the rest of his shift. Faces had been to visit him in his sleep like ghosts to haunt him in the night. He wished he could forget them. But one belonged to his cousin and childhood friend, the third musketeer to the Henriks, Pauls duo. And he had been blown to bits right before his eyes.

He sighed, wishing that he hadn't sent Teo off to explore the station. Coffee was calling to him, but he had a better idea. He'd find his lovely lady. Whenever he saw her smiling face, he had to smile to himself because he loved her, yes he did. They would be married soon, and that made him grin.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 1:26 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Henriks sat in his office with a cat curled up on his lap. With all the padds clamoring for his attention, he was probably going to be there for awhile. Crew rosters, incoming supplies, among so many others. He'd been holed away in the little room since early that morning, but the twitch of his foot was the only sign that he was tired. It wasn't something that most people caught; it was inconsistent and infrequent, and they usually had other things to worry about. But the cat noticed, jumping down from his lap and tilting its head, expectantly waiting for Henriks to give it a scratch.

Leaning down slightly, Henriks obliged, scratching his cat right below the ears. "Now off with you, Teodors," he told the cat, stifling a yawn. Maybe he ought to get some sort of caffeinated beverage to help him stay awake for the rest of his shift. Faces had been to visit him in his sleep like ghosts to haunt him in the night. He wished he could forget them. But one belonged to his cousin and childhood friend, the third musketeer to the Henriks, Pauls duo. And he had been blown to bits right before his eyes.

He sighed, wishing that he hadn't sent Teo off to explore the station. Coffee was calling to him, but he had a better idea. He'd find his lovely lady. Whenever he saw her smiling face, he had to smile to himself because he loved her, yes he did. They would be married soon, and that made him grin.

[Sickbay]

She could see that it was going to be a chore to even keep the crew rosters separated, what with the starship and the base commingling like they were. Chira frowned in concentration, tucking her two padds under her arms. They'd all been working extra hard of late. Starfleet was eager to get these expeditions up and running, and she couldn't blame them at all. The war had been taxing on everyone, and it was time to return to the real reason they were even up and out here.

A furry little shape darted up to her feet, snuggling the legs of her pants. Laughing, Chira picked up Teodors and nuzzled his kitten face. "And what're you doing all out here by yourself, him?" she asked, putting the critter back down. If Teodors was here, then Henriks couldn't be far away. And speaking of 'taxing'...

Chira knew how hard he'd been taking his cousin's death. She'd not been able to get him to speak much about it. In a way, that felt like a failure on her part. After all, that was her job...wasn't it? And yet, there was also something to be said for being too close to a patient. Perhaps another doctor would be more helpful. Either way...it was something that needed to be addressed.

Rounding a corner, she barely avoided crashing right into the person she'd been seeking. "Hey!" she grinned. "Wear a bell, Apple!" Chira winked, giving a quick glance around the sickbay. Nobody seemed to be paying any particular attention to them, so she tucked both padds under one arm, putting the other around her fiancee, kissing him full on the mouth. "You never know who you'll run into."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:09 pm

[Starbase Athena - Sickbay]

Ilana Telak looked at the couple through the glass front of her office, a slight smile playing on her lips. This posting was supposed to be a new start for her, and she was glad to see that at least her staff were getting on well.

Speaking of her staff...

Moving over to her desk, she shifted one of the many potted plants off her desk and looked for a PADD containing the crew manifest. She hadn't had the time to put everything in its place yet, so her office still looked as if a hole had opened in the hull for a fraction of a second.

Finding the PADD she was looking for, she called for the computer to ask an Ensign th'Zhela to report to her office.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 2:55 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana Telak looked at the couple through the glass front of her office, a slight smile playing on her lips.  This posting was supposed to be a new start for her, and she was glad to see that at least her staff were getting on well.

Speaking of her staff...

Moving over to her desk, she shifted one of the many potted plants off her desk and looked for a PADD containing the crew manifest.  She hadn't had the time to put everything in its place yet, so her office still looked as if a hole had opened in the hull for a fraction of a second.

Finding the PADD she was looking for, she called for the computer to ask an Ensign th'Zhela to report to her office.

[Starbase Athena - Temporary Quarters]

=/\=Doctor th'Zhela. Please report to the office of Commander Telak=/\=

The computer's loud alert interrupted Thelos from eating something humans called a muffin. It was odd to him, a bit too sweet and crumbly. He had a feeling he'd have a hard time explaining that particular breakfast choice to his parents on Andoria. Truthfully, it had been in the database and he'd wanted to try it.

This could wait for later. The Andorian tapped an acknowledgement out at his console that he would be coming right away. He dropped what remained of the pastry on a plate and slid it into the replicator to be re-cycled. By the time it had vanished off the tray, Thelos was out the door and well on his way.

[Sickbay]

It wasn't until Thelos walked through the doors of sickbay that he actually wondered why he was there. It dawned on him as he approached the door to the office that he was likely about to receive an assignment. He couldn't lie- he was excited by the prospect.

Thelos came up to the door and pressed the chime, even though his presence had been requested. It had always irritated him somewhat that the chime's button was only a bit below his head. Compared to most of his co-workers, Thelos was quite short- measuring in at at most 5'2 with shoes on.

The doctor sighed, and waited.

Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 3:52 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

[Starbase Athena - Temporary Quarters]

=/\=Doctor th'Zhela. Please report to the office of Commander Telak=/\=

The computer's loud alert interrupted Thelos from eating something humans called a muffin. It was odd to him, a bit too sweet and crumbly. He had a feeling he'd have a hard time explaining that particular breakfast choice to his parents on Andoria. Truthfully, it had been in the database and he'd wanted to try it.

This could wait for later. The Andorian tapped an acknowledgement out at his console that he would be coming right away. He dropped what remained of the pastry on a plate and slid it into the replicator to be re-cycled. By the time it had vanished off the tray, Thelos was out the door and well on his way.

[Sickbay]

It wasn't until Thelos walked through the doors of sickbay that he actually wondered why he was there. It dawned on him as he approached the door to the office that he was likely about to receive an assignment. He couldn't lie- he was excited by the prospect.

Thelos came up to the door and pressed the chime, even though his presence had been requested. It had always irritated him somewhat that the chime's button was only a bit below his head. Compared to most of his co-workers, Thelos was quite short- measuring in at at most 5'2 with shoes on.

The doctor sighed, and waited.

Ilana looked up at the sound of the door chime and murmured quietly for the computer to let her visitor into the somewhat messy office.  She hadn't found the time to straighten up all the plants she had kept in her old office on the Discovery.  It looked a little like a botanical bay gone bad.

She smiled at the Andorian, noting that he only had one antennae and the stump of another with a fleeting glance.  She had read about the incident in his personnel file, and it was actually the main reason she had called him there in the first place.

"Th-th-thank y-you f-f-for c-coming s-s-so qu-qu-quickly," she said, picking up a plant pot currently occupying the visitor's seat in front of her desk and placing it on a shelf so that its trailing, vine-like branches could hang down.  She gestured to the now-free seat for the young officer to sit down.  "C-c-can I o-offer y-y-you a-anyth-th-thing f-f-from th-th-the r-r-replic-cator?"
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana looked up at the sound of the door chime and murmured quietly for the computer to let her visitor into the somewhat messy office.  She hadn't found the time to straighten up all the plants she had kept in her old office on the Discovery.  It looked a little like a botanical bay gone bad.

She smiled at the Andorian, noting that he only had one antennae and the stump of another with a fleeting glance.  She had read about the incident in his personnel file, and it was actually the main reason she had called him there in the first place.

"Th-th-thank y-you f-f-for c-coming s-s-so qu-qu-quickly," she said, picking up a plant pot currently occupying the visitor's seat in front of her desk and placing it on a shelf so that its trailing, vine-like branches could hang down.  She gestured to the now-free seat for the young officer to sit down.  "C-c-can I o-offer y-y-you a-anyth-th-thing f-f-from th-th-the r-r-replic-cator?"

As far as offices went, this was one of the most... plant-covered... that he'd ever seen. It was mildly fascinating, actually. Very, very few plants grew on Andoria, save for some fungi that were considered delicacies. Thelos took a moment to admire the various flora as he took the offered seat.

The second thing he noticed was that the Cardassian sitting across from him had a tremendous stutter. It didn't make it that difficult to understand her, but the doctor did wonder for a moment what had caused this.

"Er, no thanks," he said politely. "You wanted to see me, Commander?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 5:14 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

As far as offices went, this was one of the most... plant-covered... that he'd ever seen. It was mildly fascinating, actually. Very, very few plants grew on Andoria, save for some fungi that were considered delicacies. Thelos took a moment to admire the various flora as he took the offered seat.

The second thing he noticed was that the Cardassian sitting across from him had a tremendous stutter. It didn't make it that difficult to understand her, but the doctor did wonder for a moment what had caused this.

"Er, no thanks," he said politely. "You wanted to see me, Commander?"

[Starbase Athena - CMO's Office]

Getting a cup of red leaf tea from the replicator for herself, Ilana sat down behind her desk, batting away the fronds of another plant as she did so. She took a sip of the tea, going over in her head how to approach the subject she wanted to touch on with the Andorian in front of her.

She sighed softly. "I r-r-read f-from y-y-your f-f-file th-th-that y-y-your l-l-last a-assignment w-w-was r-rather t-traum-m-matic. I-I w-w-wished t-to kn-kn-know if y-y-you are r-r-ready f-f-for a-another sh-sh-ship a-a-assignment."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 5:24 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Getting a cup of red leaf tea from the replicator for herself, Ilana sat down behind her desk, batting away the fronds of another plant as she did so.  She took a sip of the tea, going over in her head how to approach the subject she wanted to touch on with the Andorian in front of her.

She sighed softly.  "I r-r-read f-from y-y-your f-f-file th-th-that y-y-your l-l-last a-assignment w-w-was r-rather t-traum-m-matic.  I-I w-w-wished t-to kn-kn-know if y-y-you are r-r-ready f-f-for a-another sh-sh-ship a-a-assignment."

Oh...

Thelos could feel Telak's eyes on his missing antenna. He knew she couldn't understand just how embarrassing it was for him to carry it around on his head, and he didn't bother trying to explain it. Somehow, he'd known the topic would come up sometime.

"Had this been a few months ago, I wouldn't have hesitated to say no," Thelos began evenly, his tone one of reading a medical file- which he was, truly: his own. "But... I took an extended leave of absence and took some serious time to recuperate and get over what happened to me."

The Andorian didn't want to give Telak the impression that he was making excuses. "I was cleared by starfleet medical... and I personally consider myself ready for an assignment."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 5:47 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Oh...

Thelos could feel Telak's eyes on his missing antenna. He knew she couldn't understand just how embarrassing it was for him to carry it around on his head, and he didn't bother trying to explain it. Somehow, he'd known the topic would come up sometime.

"Had this been a few months ago, I wouldn't have hesitated to say no," Thelos began evenly, his tone one of reading a medical file- which he was, truly: his own. "But... I took an extended leave of absence and took some serious time to recuperate and get over what happened to me."

The Andorian didn't want to give Telak the impression that he was making excuses. "I was cleared by starfleet medical... and I personally consider myself ready for an assignment."

Ilana listened, then nodded. She made a quick note on a PADD next to her before offering Thelos a shy smile.

"I a-apolog-g-gise if I m-m-made y-you uncomf-fort-t-table. I-it is m-m-my r-r-responsib-b-bilit-ty t-t-to e-ensure th-th-that th-the Ph-Phoen-nix l-l-leaves w-w-with a s-s-strong m-m-medical t-t-team. Y-y-you a-are n-n-not th-th-the o-only o-officer I h-h-have s-s-spoken t-t-to."
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 6:47 pm

[Starbase Athena - Charlie Docking Port Observation Deck]

Another ship. Another crew, another start. I should really start thinking about retirement. Derek watched as automated umblicals extended from the dock, attaching themselves to the recently stationary Phoenix. Like some of the others in the sparsely occupied sitting area, he had been assigned to the Flight Department onboard, and was eager to see what the newly commissioned ship could do. Simulations were one thing, it was something completely different to be at the actual helm.

There was a bittersweet aftertaste in Derek's mouth as he turned away from the panoramic window though. He had learnt recently that with the arrival of Lieutenant Jiseth, he would not be the departmental head. It would be the first time in many years that he wouldn't be in charge of his own division, and although he told himself that it wasn't a big deal, it certainly was a contributing factor in his thoughts on retirement. He had given decades to Starfleet. Fought in several wars, watched and had friends die in his arms. If he handed in his papers right there and then, Derek doubted that anyone would critique him harshly for finally throwing in the towel.

On the other hand, what we he do if he left? Starfleet had been his home and life for decades. He had no children to take care of, nor had he a true home to go back to. Derek knew he would be starting fresh, relearning how to live in a world without the structured organization that the Fleet provided. It frightened him, and like many others of the 'Lifers' whom he still kept in contact with, he knew deep down that someday he would simply fall asleep in his bunk and drift off into space.

With that cheerful thought, Derek chuckled quietly to himself and left, heading towards his temporary quarters, enroute towards the Phoenix. He had a ship to fly.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 10:31 pm

Derek Black wrote:
[Starbase Athena - Charlie Docking Port Observation Deck]

Another ship. Another crew, another start. I should really start thinking about retirement. Derek watched as automated umblicals extended from the dock, attaching themselves to the recently stationary Phoenix. Like some of the others in the sparsely occupied sitting area, he had been assigned to the Flight Department onboard, and was eager to see what the newly commissioned ship could do. Simulations were one thing, it was something completely different to be at the actual helm.

There was a bittersweet aftertaste in Derek's mouth as he turned away from the panoramic window though. He had learnt recently that with the arrival of Lieutenant Jiseth, he would not be the departmental head. It would be the first time in many years that he wouldn't be in charge of his own division, and although he told himself that it wasn't a big deal, it certainly was a contributing factor in his thoughts on retirement. He had given decades to Starfleet. Fought in several wars, watched and had friends die in his arms. If he handed in his papers right there and then, Derek doubted that anyone would critique him harshly for finally throwing in the towel.

On the other hand, what we he do if he left? Starfleet had been his home and life for decades. He had no children to take care of, nor had he a true home to go back to. Derek knew he would be starting fresh, relearning how to live in a world without the structured organization that the Fleet provided. It frightened him, and like many others of the 'Lifers' whom he still kept in contact with, he knew deep down that someday he would simply fall asleep in his bunk and drift off into space.

With that cheerful thought, Derek chuckled quietly to himself and left, heading towards his temporary quarters, enroute towards the Phoenix. He had a ship to fly.

[Observation Deck]

God almighty, Gabriel thought. She's huge. Big, bold, and beautiful...all of the above, and so much more. The Phoenix would be one of the largest ships he'd served on in his career, excepting the brief and all-too-painful jaunt on a Sovereign. He'd logged countless man-hours in a Sabre with the SCE, and, of course, the Akira-class USS Discovery. That was where his life had changed. When he'd backed into a position of chief babysitter for his boss' daughter...and had fallen hopelessly in love with that same boss.

And now they were married.

And now they had command of that startlingly graceful monstrosity out there.

Shaking his head, Gabe had to smile. The war was done. All the battles they'd had to fight - the Dominion, the machinations of the Romulans, the betrayal of those once held as friends. All of that, seeming to lead to this time, this place. "God," he muttered, rolling his eyes. He was getting as pretentious as a Klingon, speaking in portents and gravitas.

Gabriel continued walking on, noticing a man in Flight red. At least, he assumed it was Flight. He certainly didn't look familiar, and his NCO's ranking would preclude Command. Smiling, Gabriel nodded to the man. "Hey, there. I assume she's going to be your home, too?" He held out his hand. "Gabe Arthur, Engin -- er. Well. First Officer, actually."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 10:35 pm

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Sickbay]

She could see that it was going to be a chore to even keep the crew rosters separated, what with the starship and the base commingling like they were.  Chira frowned in concentration, tucking her two padds under her arms.  They'd all been working extra hard of late.  Starfleet was eager to get these expeditions up and running, and she couldn't blame them at all.  The war had been taxing on everyone, and it was time to return to the real reason they were even up and out here.

A furry little shape darted up to her feet, snuggling the legs of her pants.  Laughing, Chira picked up Teodors and nuzzled his kitten face.  "And what're you doing all out here by yourself, him?" she asked, putting the critter back down.  If Teodors was here, then Henriks couldn't be far away.  And speaking of 'taxing'...

Chira knew how hard he'd been taking his cousin's death.  She'd not been able to get him to speak much about it.  In a way, that felt like a failure on her part.  After all, that was her job...wasn't it?  And yet, there was also something to be said for being too close to a patient.  Perhaps another doctor would be more helpful.  Either way...it was something that needed to be addressed.

Rounding a corner, she barely avoided crashing right into the person she'd been seeking.  "Hey!" she grinned.  "Wear a bell, Apple!"  Chira winked, giving a quick glance around the sickbay.  Nobody seemed to be paying any particular attention to them, so she tucked both padds under one arm, putting the other around her fiancee, kissing him full on the mouth.  "You never know who you'll run into."

[Sickbay]

Henriks stepped into the main part of sickbay after his cat, almost colliding with his lovely lady. "A bell, my lady?" he asked with a grin. "Shall I make like a cow too?" He laughed, doing his best to imitate a cow. There were cows aplenty near where he grew up, minutes from the edges of the city.

Her kiss sent waves of warmth all throughout him, chasing away whatever lingering demons of the night that had remained. He wrapped his arms around her for a brief moment so that he could press his forehead to hers. Henriks could imagine how Oswald would've come charging out of her office at the sight of them, but, well, he was chief now.

"I missed you, m'lady," he told Chira as he pulled from the embrace. "What have you got under your arm, m'lady?" he asked, looking to her padds. His still lay upon the desk of the office he had just left, and none of them said anything he hadn't read a thousand times over. He knew the name of everyone serving on the station, and a handful of those on the starship currently docked there. A notice had been sent out station-wide, but as of yet, few people had shown up for physicals.

There was also the matter of supplies to see to. So much to be done, Henriks thought. "It seems we have our work cut out for us."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

Henriks stepped into the main part of sickbay after his cat, almost colliding with his lovely lady. "A bell, my lady?" he asked with a grin. "Shall I make like a cow too?" He laughed, doing his best to imitate a cow. There were cows aplenty near where he grew up, minutes from the edges of the city.

Her kiss sent waves of warmth all throughout him, chasing away whatever lingering demons of the night that had remained. He wrapped his arms around her for a brief moment so that he could press his forehead to hers. Henriks could imagine how Oswald would've come charging out of her office at the sight of them, but, well, he was chief now.

"I missed you, m'lady," he told Chira as he pulled from the embrace. "What have you got under your arm, m'lady?" he asked, looking to her padds. His still lay upon the desk of the office he had just left, and none of them said anything he hadn't read a thousand times over. He knew the name of everyone serving on the station, and a handful of those on the starship currently docked there. A notice had been sent out station-wide, but as of yet, few people had shown up for physicals.

There was also the matter of supplies to see to. So much to be done, Henriks thought. "It seems we have our work cut out for us."

[Sickbay]

"Cow, huh?" Chira laughed, as Henriks 'moo-ed'. "As your future wife, I reserve the right to tell you exactly when you're acting like a cow. Or...rather, a bull," she grinned wickedly, quickly trailing her fingertips along his cheek. There was only so much PDA that was becoming of officers.

She looked down at the padds. "Yeah. We certainly do. I saw Teodors, by the way. He just went through here." Chira tossed the padds on a nearby desk. "Materials are finally on their way in. We've received quite a few shipments from Starfleet Medical - vaccinations and such in cold storage. I also got a requisition notice for a bunch of freaking soil. I guess that was supposed to go to 'ponics." She chuckled, rolling her eyes. "I made sure they got it straight...certainly wouldn't want that damn Klingon to come charging in here, demanding to know where his dirt was."

Suddenly, Chira quirked an eyebrow, looking over at her fiancée. "Speaking of physicals...I think you're due for one, aren't you? Looks like someone will have to perform it. I volunteer."
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 11:27 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabriel continued walking on, noticing a man in Flight red.  At least, he assumed it was Flight.  He certainly didn't look familiar, and his NCO's ranking would preclude Command.  Smiling, Gabriel nodded to the man.  "Hey, there.  I assume she's going to be your home, too?"  He held out his hand.  "Gabe Arthur, Engin -- er.  Well.  First Officer, actually."

[Observation Deck]

Waiting towards the turboshafts, Derek didn't take much notice of the man who approached, having assumed that he was also headed somewhere on his own business. Hiding his surprise at being addressed and taking in the officer's three pips instinctively as he turned to reply, Derek shook the offered hand, returning the smile cautiously. Experience had taught him to be wary around XOs. "Aye, that she would be, Commander. Chief Derek Black, at your service."

Arriving at the lifts, he joined the waiting line with Arthur while nodding back towards the way they had just come. "If you don't mind me asking sir, is the Phoenix your first billet as Exec?" Derek hadn't missed Gabe's slip before, and wanted to find out exactly what type of man he would now be serving under.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 12:29 am

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Sickbay]

"Cow, huh?" Chira laughed, as Henriks 'moo-ed'.  "As your future wife, I reserve the right to tell you exactly when you're acting like a cow.  Or...rather, a bull," she grinned wickedly, quickly trailing her fingertips along his cheek.  There was only so much PDA that was becoming of officers.

She looked down at the padds.  "Yeah.  We certainly do.  I saw Teodors, by the way.  He just went through here."  Chira tossed the padds on a nearby desk.  "Materials are finally on their way in.  We've received quite a few shipments from Starfleet Medical - vaccinations and such in cold storage.  I also got a requisition notice for a bunch of freaking soil.  I guess that was supposed to go to 'ponics."  She chuckled, rolling her eyes.  "I made sure they got it straight...certainly wouldn't want that damn Klingon to come charging in here, demanding to know where his dirt was."

Suddenly, Chira quirked an eyebrow, looking over at her fiancée.  "Speaking of physicals...I think you're due for one, aren't you?  Looks like someone will have to perform it.  I volunteer."

[Sickbay]

Henriks grinned, having successfully gotten a laugh out of Chira. "By all means, m'lady," he told her as she ran a finger down his cheek. "Though I shall do my best to not act like a bull." He laughed, taking her hand for a quick kiss when she tossed her padds to a desk.

"Well, at least we've made some progress on that," he replied. Though what soil had to do with them... surely science could handle their own requisitions. Eh, he thought, shrugging, doesn't matter all that much. As long as all of the supplies went where they were needed. "'Ponics?" he mused, grinning slyly. "Should be plenty of fresh flowers for my lady."

Chira quirked a brow, and so Henriks did the same. She was up to something, and he'd find out soon enough. "I glady accept your offer, so long as I may return the favor," he told her with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 8:38 am

Derek Black wrote:
[Observation Deck]

Waiting towards the turboshafts, Derek didn't take much notice of the man who approached, having assumed that he was also headed somewhere on his own business. Hiding his surprise at being addressed and taking in the officer's three pips instinctively as he turned to reply, Derek shook the offered hand, returning the smile cautiously. Experience had taught him to be wary around XOs. "Aye, that she would be, Commander. Chief Derek Black, at your service."

Arriving at the lifts, he joined the waiting line with Arthur while nodding back towards the way they had just come. "If you don't mind me asking sir, is the Phoenix your first billet as Exec?" Derek hadn't missed Gabe's slip before, and wanted to find out exactly what type of man he would now be serving under.

[Observation Deck]

Gabriel instantly took a liking to the man. He had a kind of flintiness about him, that sense of groundedness that seemed to settle around NCO's like a comfortable coat. Real or imagined, that's just how it was. Or, perhaps, Gabriel was just being imaginatively wistful, having started off as an enlisted man, himself.

"Chief, good to meet you. To answer your question - yes, this is my first XO position. At least, on a permanent basis." He glanced back out the viewport. "I used to be an engineer. It still feels a bit odd, wearing crimson instead of gold. Makes me feel like I accidentally put my wife's uniform on in the mornings," he grinned.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 11:20 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

Henriks grinned, having successfully gotten a laugh out of Chira. "By all means, m'lady," he told her as she ran a finger down his cheek. "Though I shall do my best to not act like a bull." He laughed, taking her hand for a quick kiss when she tossed her padds to a desk.

"Well, at least we've made some progress on that," he replied. Though what soil had to do with them... surely science could handle their own requisitions. Eh, he thought, shrugging, doesn't matter all that much. As long as all of the supplies went where they were needed. "'Ponics?" he mused, grinning slyly. "Should be plenty of fresh flowers for my lady."

Chira quirked a brow, and so Henriks did the same. She was up to something, and he'd find out soon enough. "I glady accept your offer, so long as I may return the favor," he told her with a smirk.

[Sickbay]

"Flowers from 'ponics, hm?" Chira chuckled. "Have you seen the Klingon that babies those flowers?" She glanced over toward one of the main offices, wherein sat a certain Cardassian. "And Dr. Telak, too. Do you wanna have to fight through them to snip a star-lily?" She rapped her knuckles on his bicep. "Though, maybe, it might be a feat worthy of song and edda."

Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 11:53 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Observation Deck]

Gabriel instantly took a liking to the man.  He had a kind of flintiness about him, that sense of groundedness that seemed to settle around NCO's like a comfortable coat.  Real or imagined, that's just how it was.  Or, perhaps, Gabriel was just being imaginatively wistful, having started off as an enlisted  man, himself.

"Chief, good to meet you.  To answer your question - yes, this is my first XO position.  At least, on a permanent basis."  He glanced back out the viewport.  "I used to be an engineer.  It still feels a bit odd, wearing crimson instead of gold.  Makes me feel like I accidentally put my wife's uniform on in the mornings," he grinned.

[Observation Deck]

Ahh, so he's that Arthur. The name had sounded familiar, and Gabe's additional context brought a vague memory to the forefront. Scuttlebutt around his previous posting from some of those who had followed Captain Kirok for years had mentioned the odd duo known as Arthur and T'Koris, along with their assortment of younglings. Both were from before Derek's time onboard however, and most of the stories revolved around something blowing up.

Personally, he wasn't confident in the thought that the CO and XO were married. Too many complications could arise, life and death decisions could be affected. There was nothing he could do about it however, so chose not to worry about it. Chuckling softly, Derek shook his head. "If you're the same Arthur I've heard about in the Chief's Mess, then rest assured. You're still known as one of the more...impressionable Chengs Discovery's ever had."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 12:42 pm

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Sickbay]

"Flowers from 'ponics, hm?" Chira chuckled.  "Have you seen the Klingon that babies those flowers?"  She glanced over toward one of the main offices, wherein sat a certain Cardassian.  "And Dr. Telak, too.  Do you wanna have to fight through them to snip a star-lily?"  She rapped her knuckles on his bicep.  "Though, maybe, it might be a feat worthy of song and edda."

[Sickbay]

"Yes, m'lady," he grinned, "I would. I'd do anything to make you smile, laugh, be happy. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the Klingon yet," he added, his voice taking on a more serious tone. "But I think it would be good to get him on my side. Surely even a Klingon can see that such a wonderful lady needs flowers." The grin returned.

"Now," Henriks asked, "shall we flip a coin to see who gets to have their physical first?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 8:02 pm

Derek Black wrote:
[Observation Deck]

Ahh, so he's that Arthur. The name had sounded familiar, and Gabe's additional context brought a vague memory to the forefront. Scuttlebutt around his previous posting from some of those who had followed Captain Kirok for years had mentioned the odd duo known as Arthur and T'Koris, along with their assortment of younglings. Both were from before Derek's time onboard however, and most of the stories revolved around something blowing up.

Personally, he wasn't confident in the thought that the CO and XO were married. Too many complications could arise, life and death decisions could be affected. There was nothing he could do about it however, so chose not to worry about it. Chuckling softly, Derek shook his head. "If you're the same Arthur I've heard about in the Chief's Mess, then rest assured. You're still known as one of the more...impressionable Chengs Discovery's ever had."

[Observation Deck]

Gabe cocked an eyebrow, laughing out loud. "God have mercy," he grinned, shaking his head. "Stories, huh? I swear, you blow up one warp core, and a guy gets a reputation..."

He idly wondered exactly what kind of stories were told. Likely several involving him and Archangel. It was hard to tell what others thought of them - everything about them, their relationship, the escapades with the Romulan Empire, the children who took things apart like Xenexian atrophy mold...if ever a pair was ripe for gossip, it was he and his wife. Ah, well, he thought. Let 'em talk.

"Your service record is quite outstanding yourself, Mr. Black," Gabriel said. "I'm glad to have you with us on this tour. I was an enlisted man, myself, when I was with the SCE. At least we know what the hell we're doing, right?" He quietly stepped onto the turbolift with Black, waiting for the man to call out his destination. Gabriel didn't have all that much to do right at the minute, and he was enjoying talking to the man. "Have you met with Lieutenant Jiseth yet?"
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Hart
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 8:31 am

[NPC- April Day]

April sat at her console a cup of hot coffee rested at the top. The work had been light give her plenty of time to wake up. she pick up her coffee prepared to take her first sip, when a familiar chime played on her console. She took her sip, set the cup back on the console, then access the communication relay. It was a call for the new first officer of the Phoenix

=/\="Commander Arthur you have sub-space communiqué. From Commander Conley."=/\=, she said.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 12:53 pm

Jonathan Hart wrote:
[NPC- April Day]
=/\="Commander Arthur you have sub-space communiqué.  From Commander Conley."=/\=, she said.

While waiting for Black's answer, Gabriel almost jumped at the sound of his name. At least Lieutenant Commanders were often called 'commander' for shorthand, so he'd been used to being called that for a while. "Sorry, Chief," he said, smiling apologetically. "Glad to have you with us. I'll catch up in a bit?"

He tapped his commbadge. =^="Go ahead and patch it to my personal padd screen, April. Thanks."=^=

Day had been a member of his staff when he'd been Chief of Ops at a previous posting. She was a good, dependable officer. Keying a few commands, he waited for Conley's transmission.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Corman Stark wrote:
[SB Athena]

Corman couldn't help but glance out the viewport to the docking Phoenix.  Was there anything finer than the sight of a starship, especially a new one?  Full of hope and promise...the strong right arm of the United Federation of Planets.  Ready to go out there...to make a difference.  Not because it simply can, but because it was the right thing to be doing.

He thought of the kids that would be wrangling that beauty, and wished to God he could be riding with them once again.

But...no.  He was a flag officer, now.  A great honor, right?  Of course it was.  

Speaking of honor, he'd been drinking well into the night, and was definitely feeling all of his forty-plus years this morning.  General Kantaak had been on board, and Corman couldn't refuse an old comrade-in-arms a few bottles of bloodwine.  And so, they'd toasted.  To past victory.  To past glory.  To the past.

He glanced down at the info padd in his hands as he made his way into the Admiral's office.  The past was past, and this was his future now - paperwork, transfers, requisitions.  "Ma'am, good morning," Corman said, walking over to the replicator.  "Coffee, black, no sweet.  Can I get you anything?"

[Starbase Athena - Admiral's Office]

"Good morning, Mr Stark," Rachel replied in her usual, flat tone. Growing up amongst Vulcans had a tendency to instill certain habits in a person. "Tea, please. Plain."

She turned away from the window to look at her second in command. "I noticed that you were admiring the lastest vessel to be added to the Fleet." A slight smile tugged at one corner of her mouth. "I thought you might wish to meet the young woman who will be commanding her." She turned her head to look at the figure quietly sitting on the couch. "This is Captain Archangel Dhael Ir-Terra T'Koris."

The new captain, bouncing a young toddler on her knee and with another, older, child sitting next to her, grimaced slightly at the use of her full name, but nodded to the rear admiral, hefting the baby onto her hip as she stood up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum   Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 1 - Reductio ad Absurdum
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next