Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Matthew Thompson I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Matthew Thompson I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Matthew Thompson I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Matthew Thompson I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Matthew Thompson I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Matthew Thompson I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Matthew Thompson I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Matthew Thompson I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Matthew Thompson I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Matthew Thompson I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Matthew Thompson

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

Matthew Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Matthew Thompson   Matthew Thompson I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 2:35 am

|NAME|

[IMAGE]

Basics

Name: Matthew Thompson
Species: Human
Date of Birth: June 20, 2365

Appearance

Height: 6'0"
Eyes: Subject to change
Hair: Brown
Characteristic elements: Matthew is a large muscular man with typically short hair. His eyes tend to change with his mood leaving nothing to mystery.

General: His parents were murdered by a doctor when he was only 14 causing him to dislike doctors. The first doctors to gain his trust were Henriks Abols and Chira Arthur.

Backstory

Character Bio: Matthew was raised into Starfleet with both of his parents working at the academy until he was 8 at which point his parents were framed for the murders of a Vulcan family. From age 8-14 he and his parents lived as nomads on Earth constantly trying to prove their innocence until evidence arose pinpointing their associate Joseph Alden as the murderer. After words they returned to the academy until Matthew’s 14th birthday when his parents were murdered by Alden’s sister who worked in the medical bay his parents were serving on at the time to cover up a string of evidence leading back to Alden’s family. Matthew was taken in by Jack and Renée Harriman. Since then Matthew has looked at John Harriman as an older brother.

At the age of 18 Matthew was kidnapped and tortured by Joseph Alden not escaping until he was 22 at which point he went into hiding for two years dawning a new identity "[i]Nova[i]"

As Nova he served as a bounty hunter, nicknamed "[i]The Shadow Hunter[i]", Nova was said to be able to slip in, grab his target, and get out, with no one even noticing. This skill made him a very valuable bounty hunter even being hired by various branches of Starfleet on 4 occasions.

When John Harriman took a leave-of-absence from Starfleet in 2389 Matthew is seen in public for the first time since 2383. John Harriman then assists Matthew in joining Starfleet and at the age of 26 he is assigned to the U.S.S. Churchill as a security crewman. He then moved to the U.S.S. Gettysburg as a security crewman. Later he is moved to the U.S.S. Fleetwood reaching the rank of PO3.

Career

Enlisted or Officer?: Officer
Department preference 1: Security/Tactical
Department Preference 2: OPS

Sample Post

It was a late night in Argyle. The city had been cloaked by darkness, it seemed like any light would quickly be devoured by the sinister shadow standing guard.

Matthew stood outside under the night sky looking up as Amanda approached. "What are you thinking about?" Amanda asked.

"How did you know I was out here thinking?"

"I've known you for a very long time Matthew."

"When the federation falls and the police fail to protect who then will be left? It would seem that after the people pure of heart fall it will be people like me whom stand in the rubble. The immoral, the criminal. How is that fair? The just become punished for the transgression of the unjust."

Amanda chose that moment to interrupt. "If all moral men have fallen you won't be left. You crave to help, look at all the anonymous donations you make. What purpose do they serve if not to simply help others?"

"To atone for my sins. If I were moral I'd have joined the federation or simply been a philanthropist. No, instead I am no more than a pompous blaggard."

"You are a philanthropist don't you see; and while I do agree you can be pompous you are far from a blaggard."

"Then by the heavens may I fall. Crashing into the Earth like a tsunami. Alas I survive while the good perish in legions. What am I if not wicked?"

"The best man I've ever known."

"Then you mustn't have known many men. As a child I studied the great men of old. People that could win battles by no more than protesting the battle. Yet I feel the inherent need to go gallivanting off into the galaxy like some kind of vigilante. Good men do what they are ordered."

"And great men do what is necessary."

"But what separates a great man from a wicked? They are both doing what they deem necessary."

"What separates them is the need to preserve versus destroy. If you were wicked you'd have taken that weapon instead of destroying it. You saw the destruction it could bring and decided that it should burn."

"As did two men with it. I condemned two men to fire. The two died and I didn't even care."

"Then why is it bothering you now?" Matthew was left speechless for a moment as tears rolled down his face. "Yes, what you did was wrong but even the greatest men have made bad decisions." She took him into her arms. "I know you are hurting, but you aren't alone. Come on, let's get to bed."

Behind the Mask

Have you done textbased RP before?: Of course! I'm an active member of Shadow Fleet!

How did you find Aurora?: I saw it on the ad page of SF.

Additional notes about yourself or your character?: Once the character becomes angry it is difficult to calm him down. He also tends to stand his ground against even the highest ranking officer of he disagrees with an order.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Matthew Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthew Thompson   Matthew Thompson I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 6:13 am

Welcome to Aurora Fleet!

After reading through your application, I have to admit a little trepidation concerning your character's mercenary past, but I'm going to sit back for now and let it play out.  I have to say that I'm looking forward to seeing him come across Archangel or Zero.

I'm delighted to be able to offer you the position of security and tactical officer aboard the USS Phoenix with the starting rank of Ensign.

Since we're currently starting to wind down the current mission, I'll leave it up to you to decide whether or not you want to jump in on it.  You can always start a side thread if you'd prefer!

Just a quick side note: I'm going to need an image for your character to put together his ID.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

Matthew Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthew Thompson   Matthew Thompson I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 8:12 am

Ah, here it is. What I find to be the photo that captures the character the most.

Matthew Thompson Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW8eXoXB-tTMhPTezAbP2B1A-gfQgbd6YSbIGAI9LYbfoXylz5
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Matthew Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthew Thompson   Matthew Thompson I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 10:50 am

Ok, that's not a problem!

Once again, welcome to Aurora.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Sponsored content

Matthew Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthew Thompson   Matthew Thompson I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matthew Thompson
Page 1 of 1