Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 8:10 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

And there was the reaction Ilana had been dreading.  Raynor obviously knew the terrifying Romulan that had flown her to the colony and, more than that, his reaction indicated that he had some emotional reaction toward her.  She looked away, stepping back from him and wrapping her arms over her stomach.  Jiseth was probably closer to his type anyway.

"Y-y-yes, C-C-Captain T-T-T'Koris asked h-h-her t-to," she murmured.  With a quiet sound of effort, Vonar pulled himself off the lounge her had been lying on, moving to wrap an arm around his daughter while giving the Klingon a dark glare.

Kattell turned the corner into the garden and stopped sharply at the sight of Raynor and Ilana.  She let out a slow breath.  On one hand, she was relieved to see that her daughter's mate had returned, but on the other hand, there seemed to be some sort of disagreement going on, she could read the upset in Ilana's stance and expression with practised ease.

She strode forward, placing the dishes she held on a table on the way past but barely pausing until she was standing next to her daughter and husband.

"Hello, Mr Hughes," she said amicably.

Sighing inwardly, Raynor took Ilana's reaction as if it were a painstick to the teeth. And he'd actually felt a painstick to the teeth before. Vonar's reaction wasn't anything more or less than he would have expected. The man knew that Raynor was no good for his daughter. Raynor himself had known it all along, though he selfishly tried to deny it. He knew then that coming here was a mistake. With the distance between them...if he'd only broken it off, she would have been very hurt at first, yes, but it would have faded with time. It was truly the best thing he could do for her.

"I apologize for interrupting your dinner," Raynor said, his voice a low rumble. And your life. "You obviously have things well under control, here. I'll just --"

Raynor cut off as Kattell exited the kitchen area. He bit off a silent curse, since he'd been hoping to slip out without having to face more of the family. It also meant that Jiseth would likely not be far behind. Raynor wouldn't have minded seeing the Romulan at all, especially if there were drinks to be had. His way with Jiseth was...rougher, cruder, than what would be considered polite for public consumption. She was still an enigma to him, even after all this time. Something that never started, something that never could have been...something in the past.

"Ma'am," the Klingon greeted, nodding his head. "I was just leaving."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 9:53 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor cut off as Kattell exited the kitchen area.  He bit off a silent curse, since he'd been hoping to slip out without having to face more of the family.  It also meant that Jiseth would likely not be far behind.  Raynor wouldn't have minded seeing the Romulan at all, especially if there were drinks to be had.  His way with Jiseth was...rougher, cruder, than what would be considered polite for public consumption.  She was still an enigma to him, even after all this time.  Something that never started, something that never could have been...something in the past.

"Ma'am," the Klingon greeted, nodding his head.  "I was just leaving."

"Not another step, Klingon jackal!"

Jiseth stepped out closer to Kattell from the plants that seemed to have blocked his view of her. Those emerald eyes glaring like charged disruptors. How quickly former allies could begin to skirmish with one another in the absence of a mutual threat.

"To refuse their hospitality would be an affront that I doubt you'll want to live through the consequences of. Especially with all this extra food that we spent quite a lot of time preparing. Mon told me about some stupid idiot flying some stupid idiot garbage scow, that it itself should be in a dump, I just... That's the most romantic thing I've ever heard and you doing what you're doing now... I want to rip out your skull and beat you to death with the hollow thing. You've never shied away from a battle so you're going to sit down, eat a wonderfully delicious meal that Kattell and I cooked and be a part of this family or else Ilana will be spending the rest of her time here trying to remove a D-12 bird of prey that was contemptuously shoved into your large intestine!"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 4:03 pm

Jiseth wrote:

"Not another step, Klingon jackal!"

Jiseth stepped out closer to Kattell from the plants that seemed to have blocked his view of her. Those emerald eyes glaring like charged disruptors. How quickly former allies could begin to skirmish with one another in the absence of a mutual threat.

"To refuse their hospitality would be an affront that I doubt you'll want to live through the consequences of. Especially with all this extra food that we spent quite a lot of time preparing. Mon told me about some stupid idiot flying some stupid idiot garbage scow, that it itself should be in a dump, I just... That's the most romantic thing I've ever heard and you doing what you're doing now... I want to rip out your skull and beat you to death with the hollow thing. You've never shied away from a battle so you're going to sit down, eat a wonderfully delicious meal that Kattell and I cooked and be a part of this family or else Ilana will be spending the rest of her time here trying to remove a D-12 bird of prey that was contemptuously shoved into your large intestine!"

If he were human, Raynor was sure that he would have flinched. That wasn't something that a Klingon did, of course, but...he could have. Cocking an eyebrow, Raynor stood before Jiseth, feeling as transfixed as a rodent in front of a snake. Large intestine? He didn't doubt she'd find a way to do it, either.

Suddenly, the Klingon let out an explosive laugh, his hand slapping against his thigh with a metallic clak. "HAH! What are you dragging your worn-out dugs around here, for, petaQ? These good people don't need any more pests in their garden!" He grinned widely, despite of the situation. "The only reason the Empire keeps their old scows around is to give you Rommies a fighting chance..."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 4:39 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

If he were human, Raynor was sure that he would have flinched.  That wasn't something that a Klingon did, of course, but...he could have.  Cocking an eyebrow, Raynor stood before Jiseth, feeling as transfixed as a rodent in front of a snake.  Large intestine?  He didn't doubt she'd find a way to do it, either.

Suddenly, the Klingon let out an explosive laugh, his hand slapping against his thigh with a metallic clak.  "HAH!  What are you dragging your worn-out dugs around here, for, petaQ?  These good people don't need any more pests in their garden!"  He grinned widely, despite of the situation.  "The only reason the Empire keeps their old scows around is to give you Rommies a fighting chance..."

Tucking the bowl between her forearm and her side, she held the jug in the hand of that same arm as she plucked a chunk of a potato-like vegetable and dipped it into the sauce. Next it seemed to go to warp the way she jammed it into Raynor's big mouth. Her hand clenched over the lower half of his face.

"A discussion for another time..."

She eased her grip and patted his cheek. There was a certain smug satisfaction in her smirk, like the Klingon would be rewarded for being a good little targ. Still the dumbest targ that ever lived.

Jiseth slipped away to the table and set the bowl and jug down more to one side so that the meat and plates had plenty of room. They still needed to bring drinks, but he would leave that to the discretion of their hosts.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Jiseth wrote:

Tucking the bowl between her forearm and her side, she held the jug in the hand of that same arm as she plucked a chunk of a potato-like vegetable and dipped it into the sauce. Next it seemed to go to warp the way she jammed it into Raynor's big mouth. Her hand clenched over the lower half of his face.

"A discussion for another time..."

She eased her grip and patted his cheek. There was a certain smug satisfaction in her smirk, like the Klingon would be rewarded for being a good little targ. Still the dumbest targ that ever lived.

Jiseth slipped away to the table and set the bowl and jug down more to one side so that the meat and plates had plenty of room. They still needed to bring drinks, but he would leave that to the discretion of their hosts.

Whatever else Raynor wanted to say was cut off by a tuber being jammed into his mouth. He barely even saw Jiseth's hand move. Damn quick little minx, he thought, remembering back to when they used to spar. It was quite tasty. What in the hells had she meant, 'a discussion for another time'?

"Delicious," he said, determined to act as if he hadn't just been force-fed in front of everyone. "I love Cardassian. I was beginning to think that the rest of the universe didn't know how to spice their food."

Raynor turned to Ilana, the question plain on his face. Do you want me to stay?
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 7:43 am

The Telak family watched the unfolding scene with various emotions running through them. Vonar looked faintly amused at the conflict between members of two species he had fought against. Kattell seemed to be worried, looking between the two with a tense expression. As a woman who prided herself on being a good hostess, however, seeing her two guests fighting was quite a difficult situation to be put into. Ilana, on the other hand, looked terrified, and maybe even a little upset as she watched the apparent relationship between Raynor and Jiseth.

The young Cardassian was distracted from this as her father sagged, almost dragging his daughter down with him before Kattell stepped in to help support his weight and help him back onto the lounger despite his protests. When Ilana looked up, however, she caught the look on Raynor's face. There was a moment of hesitation where she swallowed hard, the movement visible in her throat, as she watched him with sad confusion.

After that moment had passed, she rapidly crossed the few steps separating them and wrapped her arms around him as far as she could.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 4:01 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
The Telak family watched the unfolding scene with various emotions running through them.  Vonar looked faintly amused at the conflict between members of two species he had fought against.  Kattell seemed to be worried, looking between the two with a tense expression.  As a woman who prided herself on being a good hostess, however, seeing her two guests fighting was quite a difficult situation to be put into.  Ilana, on the other hand, looked terrified, and maybe even a little upset as she watched the apparent relationship between Raynor and Jiseth.

The young Cardassian was distracted from this as her father sagged, almost dragging his daughter down with him before Kattell stepped in to help support his weight and help him back onto the lounger despite his protests.  When Ilana looked up, however, she caught the look on Raynor's face.  There was a moment of hesitation where she swallowed hard, the movement visible in her throat, as she watched him with sad confusion.

After that moment had passed, she rapidly crossed the few steps separating them and wrapped her arms around him as far as she could.

Moving to assist Vonar, Raynor saw that he wasn't quick enough. The man was already in good hands, however...but it just served to further punctuate that the Klingon didn't belong here. He had been a damn fool for thinking any different.

Raynor turned to go, but stopped as he felt a slight force slam into him. A rockslide made from a bucket of gravel. Arms spread wide, he looked down with a bemused air as Ilana wrapped her arms around him. Smiling, Raynor returned the gesture, uncaring what anyone else thought. "Easy, Lana," he said, whispering to the top of her head. "That's metal armor you're trying to squeeze..."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Moving to assist Vonar, Raynor saw that he wasn't quick enough.  The man was already in good hands, however...but it just served to further punctuate that the Klingon didn't belong here.  He had been a damn fool for thinking any different.

Raynor turned to go, but stopped as he felt a slight force slam into him.  A rockslide made from a bucket of gravel.  Arms spread wide, he looked down with a bemused air as Ilana wrapped her arms around him.  Smiling, Raynor returned the gesture, uncaring what anyone else thought.  "Easy, Lana," he said, whispering to the top of her head.  "That's metal armor you're trying to squeeze..."

"I kn-kn-know," came the muffled reply from the young Cardassian. She didn't care much for the sharp edges of his armour, nor the roughness of the fabric under it, but she ignored it in favour of being able to hold on to Raynor just a little longer. In a smaller voice, one she hoped would only be audible to the Klingon, she said: "I'm g-glad y-y-you're b-back, P-Par'mac'k-k-kai."

Smiling fondly at her daughter and her mate, Kattell turned her attention to the meal slowly cooling on the table and clapped her hands. "Well, shall we eat? I don't think Lieutenant Jiseth and I cooked this food just to look at!" she said brightly, moving to set out the plates and serve up the vegetables. She looked up at the Romulan with a kind expression: "Please, Lieutenant, take a seat."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 4:44 pm

Jiseth nodded and gave a warm smirk. The change in address caught her a touch off guard. Sudden formalities. Perhaps that's the way it was at the dinner table. Then again, it certainly distanced herself from the others, at least from where she thought Vonar saw things. Nothing too chummy. Afterall, this was not her visit.

The smell of the meat took her attention amid the scents of various plant blooms. Certainly more easy to savor than the spices which always seemed to wish to incite a violent sneeze from her. There was still the matter of being able to get it down without the Romulan's face turning green from the intensity.

"Which part of the animal is your favorite?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 9:29 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

"I kn-kn-know," came the muffled reply from the young Cardassian.  She didn't care much for the sharp edges of his armour, nor the roughness of the fabric under it, but she ignored it in favour of being able to hold on to Raynor just a little longer.  In a smaller voice, one she hoped would only be audible to the Klingon, she said:  "I'm g-glad y-y-you're b-back, P-Par'mac'k-k-kai."

Smiling fondly at her daughter and her mate, Kattell turned her attention to the meal slowly cooling on the table and clapped her hands.  "Well, shall we eat?  I don't think Lieutenant Jiseth and I cooked this food just to look at!" she said brightly, moving to set out the plates and serve up the vegetables.  She looked up at the Romulan with a kind expression:  "Please, Lieutenant, take a seat."

Par'Mach'kai. The word sent a thrill along Raynor's nerves and set a smile on his lips. "I'm Andorian jock-itch, my love. You can't get rid of me." The Klingon cupped Ilana's face in his hands, kissing her with a passion that was a bit more tender and loving than what his people were known for. It must have been his human side.

Vonar gave a grunt that Raynor was sure wasn't entirely due to being uncomfortable in his dinner seat, but he ignored it. "Jiseth can cook? I'm surprised she didn't just try to shove everything under an afterburner..."

Jiseth wrote:
Jiseth nodded and gave a warm smirk. The change in address caught her a touch off guard. Sudden formalities. Perhaps that's the way it was at the dinner table. Then again, it certainly distanced herself from the others, at least from where she thought Vonar saw things. Nothing too chummy. Afterall, this was not her visit.

The smell of the meat took her attention amid the scents of various plant blooms. Certainly more easy to savor than the spices which always seemed to wish to incite a violent sneeze from her. There was still the matter of being able to get it down without the Romulan's face turning green from the intensity.

Raynor pulled a chair out for Ilana, seating himself beside her. He rolled his eyes when Jiseth asked about the animals, canning his original quip. Although his friendship with the Romulan girl was often based in their lovingly-crude teasing of each other, he decided that some topics likely didn't make good dinner conversation. "She likes my hands," he grinned. "Good for back rubs."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 6:34 am

Jiseth wrote:

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Par'Mach'kai.  The word sent a thrill along Raynor's nerves and set a smile on his lips.  "I'm Andorian jock-itch, my love.  You can't get rid of me."  The Klingon cupped Ilana's face in his hands, kissing her with a passion that was a bit more tender and loving than what his people were known for.  It must have been his human side.

Vonar gave a grunt that Raynor was sure wasn't entirely due to being uncomfortable in his dinner seat, but he ignored it.  "Jiseth can cook?  I'm surprised she didn't just try to shove everything under an afterburner..."

Raynor pulled a chair out for Ilana, seating himself beside her.  He rolled his eyes when Jiseth asked about the animals, canning his original quip.  Although his friendship with the Romulan girl was often based in their lovingly-crude teasing of each other, he decided that some topics likely didn't make good dinner conversation.  "She likes my hands," he grinned.  "Good for back rubs."

Ilana felt another rush of blood colour her cheeks at the jesting between Jiseth and Raynor, ducking her head to try to hide it. At her mother's invitation, she picked up the carving utensils, starting to take the roast apart with her usual precision and attention to detail, carefully presenting the pieces onto a serving plate so that each person could take whatever section they desired.

Sitting down once her task was done, she found herself moving her chair slightly closer to Raynor without quite realising it. Kattell, after asking each person at the table which cut of meat they preferred, quickly had the meal dished up and invited everyone to 'tuck in, before it gets any colder'. Ilana looked down at her portion, rather larger than she would have served herself, with an expression of faint hopelessness that earned her a disapproving clucking sound from her mother before Kattell turned her attention to Jiseth and Raynor.

"So, I understand that you two know each other?" she asked, trying to get a conversation started.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 12:35 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
"So, I understand that you two know each other?" she asked, trying to get a conversation started.

"We were both exchange officers from our respective empires assigned to the same ship, the Churchill. Much smaller than any warbird or even the ship we're on now. I guess they wanted to see how well old rivals would work together in close proximity. Honestly, this meathead was the least of my worries. Rather respectable science officer, which for a Klingon might rule out the possibility of grandchildren."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 3:09 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana felt another rush of blood colour her cheeks at the jesting between Jiseth and Raynor, ducking her head to try to hide it.  At her mother's invitation, she picked up the carving utensils, starting to take the roast apart with her usual precision and attention to detail, carefully presenting the pieces onto a serving plate so that each person could take whatever section they desired.

Sitting down once her task was done, she found herself moving her chair slightly closer to Raynor without quite realising it.  Kattell, after asking each person at the table which cut of meat they preferred, quickly had the meal dished up and invited everyone to 'tuck in, before it gets any colder'.  Ilana looked down at her portion, rather larger than she would have served herself, with an expression of faint hopelessness that earned her a disapproving clucking sound from her mother before Kattell turned her attention to Jiseth and Raynor.

Watching Ilana carve the meat, Raynor gave her an appreciative smile. She definitely had a doctor's hands. He remembered well how they felt - delicate and soft, and not the hands of a warrior. So much different than any of the other women in his life. He loved everything about her. "Eat up," he grinned, as the Cardassian sat herself down close to him. "Between your mother and I, your pickiness doesn't stand a chance."

Jiseth wrote:
"We were both exchange officers from our respective empires assigned to the same ship, the Churchill. Much smaller than any warbird or even the ship we're on now. I guess they wanted to see how well old rivals would work together in close proximity. Honestly, this meathead was the least of my worries. Rather respectable science officer, which for a Klingon might rule out the possibility of grandchildren."

Nodding, Raynor took a large pull of his readleaf tea. He'd developed a taste for the Cardassian beverage...and most of their food, come to think of it. "Aye, ma'am. That we were. The presence of a Romulan makes any space seem small...let alone one too dumb to do anything but not crash a shuttle." Raynor threw an evil grin Jiseth's way, stopping just short of poking his tongue at her.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 3:27 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Nodding, Raynor took a large pull of his readleaf tea.  He'd developed a taste for the Cardassian beverage...and most of their food, come to think of it.  "Aye, ma'am.  That we were.  The presence of a Romulan makes any space seem small...let alone one too dumb to do anything but not crash a shuttle."  Raynor threw an evil grin Jiseth's way, stopping just short of poking his tongue at her.  

"Yes, everyone else did seem dumb on that ship once I got aboard if you were to compare me to any of them. Quite possibly the most dysfunctional command staff led by Starfleet's champion inept Admiral. I once asked if I could perform an atmospheric entry with the ship, something it's rated to do quite safely, and they looked at me as if the whole procedure were some arcane doomsday ritual. I simply could not lower myself to their level as I'm afraid of heights. To cope with this, I'd spar against Raynor and I guess I befriended him in the same way one does a mangy, feral feline."

Jiseth took a bite of the meat on her plate and after a few chews her jaw stopped as she slowly inhaled.

"...This is the most delicious thing I've ever eaten."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 3:56 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Watching Ilana carve the meat, Raynor gave her an appreciative smile.  She definitely had a doctor's hands.  He remembered well how they felt - delicate and soft, and not the hands of a warrior.  So much different than any of the other women in his life.  He loved everything about her.  "Eat up," he grinned, as the Cardassian sat herself down close to him.  "Between your mother and I, your pickiness doesn't stand a chance."

Nodding, Raynor took a large pull of his readleaf tea.  He'd developed a taste for the Cardassian beverage...and most of their food, come to think of it.  "Aye, ma'am.  That we were.  The presence of a Romulan makes any space seem small...let alone one too dumb to do anything but not crash a shuttle."  Raynor threw an evil grin Jiseth's way, stopping just short of poking his tongue at her.

Jiseth wrote:
"Yes, everyone else did seem dumb on that ship once I got aboard if you were to compare me to any of them. Quite possibly the most dysfunctional command staff led by Starfleet's champion inept Admiral. I once asked if I could perform an atmospheric entry with the ship, something it's rated to do quite safely, and they looked at me as if the whole procedure were some arcane doomsday ritual. I simply could not lower myself to their level as I'm afraid of heights. To cope with this, I'd spar against Raynor and I guess I befriended him in the same way one does a mangy, feral feline."

Jiseth took a bite of the meat on her plate and after a few chews her jaw stopped as she slowly inhaled.

"...This is the most delicious thing I've ever eaten."

The youngest Cardassian cast a glare at Raynor as he commented on her having nowhere to hide when it came to clearing her plate, but the expression had no heat in it. She was too happy to have him back for that. Instead, she picked up her fork and started prodding at the food on her plate.

Kattell, on the other hand, was watching the Klingon and the Romulan jousting words with a fascinated expression on her scaled face. Even Vonar seemed to be taking an interest in their conversation.

"I'm surprised to hear you speak of your former comrades like that," he remarked, setting down his cutlery while Kattell beamed at Jiseth for her comment about the food. "I always thought that Federation crews thought highly of each other."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 7:56 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
The youngest Cardassian cast a glare at Raynor as he commented on her having nowhere to hide when it came to clearing her plate, but the expression had no heat in it.  She was too happy to have him back for that.  Instead, she picked up her fork and started prodding at the food on her plate.

Kattell, on the other hand, was watching the Klingon and the Romulan jousting words with a fascinated expression on her scaled face.  Even Vonar seemed to be taking an interest in their conversation.  

"I'm surprised to hear you speak of your former comrades like that," he remarked, setting down his cutlery while Kattell beamed at Jiseth for her comment about the food.  "I always thought that Federation crews thought highly of each other."

Raynor threw back his head and laughed at the memories, raising his hand to slap the table. He thought better of it, however...reminding himself that this was not a Klingon gathering. It had been a rather inept collection of officers on that particular vessel. Raynor assumed that they'd all gained their promotions by being the last ones left after the war.

"It is...complicated," he said, nodding in deference to the elder Telak. Vonar was a military man, too. "Most Federation crews do. However, I am not Starfleet. That, added to my heritage and my lack of ability to walk on eggshells...hah! Talk about problems lost in translation..." Raynor flashed a wink at Jiseth, cutting his meat. "I think we both know that true respect comes from who is under the uniform, and not the uniform itself."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 11:32 pm

"Sometimes... I've been asked to do many things I now regret. It's not so simple as killing Jem'Hadar who will end you if they see a split second of hesitation. In the past I never thought highly of Humans, but I became ensnared by this wretched idea that I could atone for my sins and do some meager good in this life, even though I'm still seen as the enemy. Like everything will just go back to the way it was. Sometimes I just want to have the ridges removed and the ears made less pointy... Maybe find some small community to raise my daughter though I know she and my betrothed deserve so much more than I can provide. The harder I chase happiness, the further it slips away... I truly envy the four of you."

Jiseth shoved in a mouthful of sauce-covered vegetables to shut herself up. Her taste buds were screaming and her mouth seemed to have an a plasma conduit rupture as her face flushed green, but she continued on chewing.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 7:57 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Raynor threw back his head and laughed at the memories, raising his hand to slap the table.  He thought better of it, however...reminding himself that this was not a Klingon gathering.  It had been a rather inept collection of officers on that particular vessel.  Raynor assumed that they'd all gained their promotions by being the last ones left after the war.

"It is...complicated," he said, nodding in deference to the elder Telak.  Vonar was a military man, too.  "Most Federation crews do.  However, I am not Starfleet.  That, added to my heritage and my lack of ability to walk on eggshells...hah!  Talk about problems lost in translation..."  Raynor flashed a wink at Jiseth, cutting his meat.  "I think we both know that true respect comes from who is under the uniform, and not the uniform itself."

Vonar considered the Klingon for a moment, slowly chewing a mouthful of root vegetable as he mulled over what had been said. He had never served with any other species than Cardassians during his long tenure in military service, so interspecies conflict in the close confines of a starship wasn't something he had ever experienced.

"I have noticed that Starfleet crews have a tendency to be very cooperative with each other, even when there are tensions. Certainly a strange way of coexisting."

Jiseth wrote:
"Sometimes... I've been asked to do many things I now regret. It's not so simple as killing Jem'Hadar who will end you if they see a split second of hesitation. In the past I never thought highly of Humans, but I became ensnared by this wretched idea that I could atone for my sins and do some meager good in this life, even though I'm still seen as the enemy. Like everything will just go back to the way it was. Sometimes I just want to have the ridges removed and the ears made less pointy... Maybe find some small community to raise my daughter though I know she and my betrothed deserve so much more than I can provide. The harder I chase happiness, the further it slips away... I truly envy the four of you."

Jiseth shoved in a mouthful of sauce-covered vegetables to shut herself up. Her taste buds were screaming and her mouth seemed to have an a plasma conduit rupture as her face flushed green, but she continued on chewing.

The maternal Cardassian smiled sympathetically at Jiseth, reaching over to pat the Romulan's hand in what she hoped to be a reassuring gesture.

"Your time will come, Jiseth. You just have to be patient," she said softly before pushing a jug of the thick, dark drink that was Kanar toward the Romulan with a knowing smile.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 8:19 am

Ilana wrote:
Vonar considered the Klingon for a moment, slowly chewing a mouthful of root vegetable as he mulled over what had been said. He had never served with any other species than Cardassians during his long tenure in military service, so interspecies conflict in the close confines of a starship wasn't something he had ever experienced.

"I have noticed that Starfleet crews have a tendency to be very cooperative with each other, even when there are tensions. Certainly a strange way of coexisting."

"It can be," Raynor shrugged, finishing off half a slice of the roast. He didn't have the slightest clue as to what animal it had been, but it was excellent. It couldn't have been better if he'd hunted it down himself. "The Federation, and by extension Starfleet, is largely a human organization, no matter what the flag says. While humans have risen to the occasion numerous times in their history...they are not a warrior people. Had it not been for the interference of the Organians, the Empire likely would have subjugated the Federation a century ago."

The Klingon's gaze took in everyone at the table....Cardassian, Klingon, and Romulan, all at dinner together. All species born to conflict, in their own manner. The scheming of the Star Empire, the audacity of Klingons, and the fascistic precision of Cardassians. All born to the fight.

Jiseth wrote:

Ruminating with Vonar, Raynor had only half-heard what Jiseth was saying to Ilana's mother. He whipped his head around, quick as a viper, cocking an eyebrow in he direction. "I...did not know that you'd conceived a daughter," the Klingon softly said, pouring more redleaf.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 2:57 pm

Taking the glass of kanar, she nodded slightly in thankful acknowledgement. She managed to pull off a small smile, even after Raynor's statement. Taking a long sip of the drink, her cheeks blushed mostly from embarrassment.

"Yes, Doctor Alpha and I have a child on the way. She was carrying her since she used my DNA and her egg, but there were... complications. We have her in an artificial womb now to monitor everything. Quite healthy now though. Her name is Callion."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 10:16 am

Jiseth wrote:
Taking the glass of kanar, she nodded slightly in thankful acknowledgement. She managed to pull off a small smile, even after Raynor's statement. Taking a long sip of the drink, her cheeks blushed mostly from embarrassment.

"Yes, Doctor Alpha and I have a child on the way. She was carrying her since she used my DNA and her egg, but there were... complications. We have her in an artificial womb now to monitor everything. Quite healthy now though. Her name is Callion."

Probably a hell of a story behind it, too, Raynor thought, concentrating on his tea. He never saw Jiseth as the mothering type, though people could indeed change considerably in comparatively short amounts of time. Sometimes lovers changed you for the worse, but often it was for the better. He didn't know Alpha well, but was acquainted with her. If anyone could figure out such a pregnancy, it would be her. "Qapla'," the Klingon said, raising his glass to Jiseth in a small salute.

His mind, as well as his gaze, settled back on Ilana. The girl had been tellingly quiet during this whole exchange, but that was nothing new for her. Raynor knew that speaking of children, no matter whose, often made Ilana uncomfortable. He also knew that she'd be fortunate to come through a normal pregnancy, let alone a Klingon one. A part of him knew that being with him consigned her to a childless life...a part that was shamed because he was too weak to just leave her alone.

However...something like this, being grown outside the womb...it was much to consider, and they were both scientists.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 2:30 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Probably a hell of a story behind it, too, Raynor thought, concentrating on his tea.  He never saw Jiseth as the mothering type, though people could indeed change considerably in comparatively short amounts of time.  Sometimes lovers changed you for the worse, but often it was for the better.  He didn't know Alpha well, but was acquainted with her.  If anyone could figure out such a pregnancy, it would be her.  "Qapla'," the Klingon said, raising his glass to Jiseth in a small salute.

His mind, as well as his gaze, settled back on Ilana.  The girl had been tellingly quiet during this whole exchange, but that was nothing new for her.  Raynor knew that speaking of children, no matter whose, often made Ilana uncomfortable.  He also knew that she'd be fortunate to come through a normal pregnancy, let alone a Klingon one.  A part of him knew that being with him consigned her to a childless life...a part that was shamed because he was too weak to just leave her alone.

However...something like this, being grown outside the womb...it was much to consider, and they were both scientists.  

As the conversation turned to Jiseth and her upcoming child, Ilana smiled faintly. She was happy to see that the Romulan and the somewhat strange doctor were moving on with their lives. It also raised questions concerning her own future. Discreetly, she cast a glance at Raynor. Before he had left to be reassigned in the Klingon Empire, they had been creeping toward a future together, even discussed having children together. She had been willing to at least try to bear his children, despite the fact that she was hardly built for such things.

Seeing the Klingon look toward her, she gave him a faint smile, reaching out to take his hand gently. Part of her wondered if that kind of future was still a possibility for them, or whether she should start looking for a new mate if she ever wanted to give her mother the grandbabies she so desperately wanted.

"I w-w-wish y-y-you th-the b-b-best of f-f-fortunes," she said politely to Jiseth, still a little uncomfortable with the Romulan after their somewhat eventful flight over. "B-b-before R-Raynor w-w-was r-r-reassigned, w-we w-w-were c-considering th-the p-p-possibility of ch-children in our f-f-future." At this admission, Kattell perked up significantly, looking in Ilana's direction with an expression of delight.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 2:49 pm

Quietly, Jiseth thanked Raynor and Ilana before continuing into her meal. The vegetables were gone having finally adjusted to the spices. Ever potent, but she pushed through sipping her kanar and a glass of water frequently. The meat she was saving and took seconds of. Protein was always more important to her and the taste was exquisite. She noted Kattell's reaction and wondered if she could spoil Callion to make up for the lack of grandparents to do so.

"I hope that remains something on the table for the two of you."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 5:17 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Quietly, Jiseth thanked Raynor and Ilana before continuing into her meal. The vegetables were gone having finally adjusted to the spices. Ever potent, but she pushed through sipping her kanar and a glass of water frequently. The meat she was saving and took seconds of. Protein was always more important to her and the taste was exquisite. She noted Kattell's reaction and wondered if she could spoil Callion to make up for the lack of grandparents to do so.

"There are always...possibilities," Raynor said, quoting a phrase that was often popular among the Starfleet officers he had worked with. He smiled warmly at Ilana, and then to her mother. Was a child something she still wanted? And if so, was it still with him? Much seemed to have changed since his duty reassignment, but such things were not the end. He still had a few more options to strong-arm within the Empire, and perhaps he could get stationed back on Athena.

Raynor decided that such a conversation required alcohol, and he had brought none with him. There was no other option than the kanar, so...kanar it was. He poured himself a tall glass of it, downing the thick beverage and hoping someone else brought up...anything other than what was being discussed.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 3:13 am

Jiseth wrote:

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"There are always...possibilities," Raynor said, quoting a phrase that was often popular among the Starfleet officers he had worked with. He smiled warmly at Ilana, and then to her mother. Was a child something she still wanted? And if so, was it still with him? Much seemed to have changed since his duty reassignment, but such things were not the end. He still had a few more options to strong-arm within the Empire, and perhaps he could get stationed back on Athena.

Raynor decided that such a conversation required alcohol, and he had brought none with him. There was no other option than the kanar, so...kanar it was. He poured himself a tall glass of it, downing the thick beverage and hoping someone else brought up...anything other than what was being discussed.

The smile that Ilana returned to the Klingon was tentative, but no less warm. There were possibilities indeed, given their backgrounds in the sciences, but she wasn't sure that she wanted to go down that route. It felt, somehow, as if she was ducking out of what would be her responsibility by not carrying a child to term, especially one that would mean so much to her if it were Raynor's.

She noted that he had taken to the Kanar and, since she had never really seen him drink on any occasion, she surmised that he was uncomfortable with the conversation. She set down her knife and fork on a plate that had barely been touched, looking to her mother.

"Th-the g-g-garden is l-l-looking w-well, mother," she said, smiling slightly.

Kattell smiled a little at her daughter, despite the disapproving look she had sent to Ilana's plate. "Yes, I haven't managed to kill any of the plants you took such care in planting here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next