Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 7:39 am

[IKS Maelkon]

"Yes," the Klingon said, the exaggerated patience on his tongue clear enough for anyone with ears to pick up.  Then again, Cardassians didn't have the best hearing.  "Repeating.  Brevet Colonel Raynor Hughes, Undersecretary to the Ambassador to the United Federation of Planets, on a...humanitarian..." he said, grinning wickedly at the genericized terminology, "...aid request.  Who did the request come from?  I'll be thrice-damned if I know!"  Raynor slammed his fist on the console, causing the polymer frame to creak in protest.  "I am under orders to visit the House of Telak."  Well, 'orders' was a strong stretch of the truth.  Unless he was counting himself as giving the orders...

Escaping his assigned duties had been more difficult than...'acquiring'...the old Bird and leaving Qo'noS, though the government had not been happy about his joyride.  Still, his assignment had been useless so far, though the High Command tried to paint it as a promotion.  'Undersecretary' to the Ambassador.  It stank of ceremony, and of someone scrambling to find something...anything...to do with him.  Raynor had gained much honor and favor during the war, and he couldn't just be put to pasture.  At least, not outright.

Once word of Ilana's father's condition had reached him, though, the Klingon knew that he couldn't leave her to face it by herself.  He'd been gone too damn long, anyway.  "What do you people think I'm going to do," Raynor asked, cocking an eyebrow and leaning back in his chair.  "Am I going to attack your colony with a single Bird-of-Prey?  Your sensors have told you by now that it's a D12.  It belongs in a museum, not the space-lanes.  Don't act like you Federation people don't know how to knock them out of commission...it's standard tactics.  I should know, I fought alongside you."

Finally, permission was given for Raynor to land.  He wasted no time with the procedures, his armor creaking as he stood and exited the ship.  The Klingon hadn't even taken the time to change into civilian clothing.  Raynor idly handed off his paperwork to the customs official, ignoring the poor man as he stalked his way toward the center of the colony's town, bootfalls clanging like thunder.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 9:57 am

This time, Kattell did her best to conceal her smile, but there was no hiding the laughter lines that crinkled the corners of her eyes. Cardassian spices often took people by surprise, especially if they weren't familiar with the style of cooking. "Yes, it does rather need something to help it down if you eat a large amount," she replied. Her expression then turned thoughtful as she wiped her hands on a cloth.

"Do you want to see what you can have with a family?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 11:01 am

"I would love to-"

Jiseth had smiled sweetly, almost as if she were a young girl again until a beeping came from her travel bag.

"A moment, I'm sorry."

Hurrying over to it, she pulled out a circular device a little larger in diameter than her palm. The upper surface began to glow as a miniature image of Mon appeared.

"Forgive the intrusion, my lady, but a D-12 class just landed. Only one occupant disembarked and went through customs."

"...Thank you, Mon."

The tiny sprite of a woman bowed and disappeared as the device powered down. Jiseth returned it to the bag and looked to Ilana's mother with raised eyebrows. There was only one man who would dare fly a garbage scow like a D-12. A lone star. Suddenly the Romulan got a whiff of spice and sneezed so violently she lost her balance and fell backward onto the warm flooring.

"I'm not allergic to it, I promise."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 12:42 pm

The maternal Cardassian ignored what Jiseth was doing with her bag. Having a husband and three children who had either been in or were in military service, ignoring things like that became a habit since, more often than not, they weren't allowed to tell you what was happening anyway.

Although she seemed concerned at first when Jiseth fell, Kattell was reassured by the Romulan's words that she wasn't allergic to the spices. She took Jiseth's hand, patting it gently before saying: "Follow me, quietly as you can."

Kattell crept along a wide, airy passage and through an arch that lead out into what seemed to be a garden, until one realised that the reason for that was because of the amount of plant life and that the walls were either windows or more arches leading to the outside.

Staying hidden behind a row of bushes, she gestured for Jiseth to look out toward where Ilana was tending to her father. The elder Cardassian, still in his prime for a male of the species, lay on a lounge chair, his head turned slightly to where Ilana knelt next to him, speaking in low, unintelligible tones as she held his hand. While the medic's back was to the two spies, the expression of fondness on Vonar's face was obvious and unguarded.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 1:08 pm

Jiseth wondered the whole time whether to tell her of the visitor approaching. Perhaps they already knew he was coming. Then why the poor reaction earlier? No, this was to be his surprise. Barging in to care for his beloved and declare his everlasting such and such. Funny how things like love were so compatible between cultures and even species.

When she looked out to Ilana, she was quite taken aback by the scene. A word or two she might pick up, but her hearing was nothing compared to that of a Vorta. Jiseth thought of the evenings on Archangel's couch. First meeting the girls. So happy. Such tender moments she witnessed of her Captain.

Now this Ensign. This place. She took in the scene, her eyes seemed stuck on the daughter and father. The Romulan was the rotten one in the bunch. How long has it been since her own looked at her with such warmth. Jiseth's chest felt ice cold as a tear escaped from her left eye and a few seconds later the right. The spice must have gotten to her.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 2:21 pm

Turning her gaze away from her daughter and her husband, Kattell caught sight of the Romulan's face and quickly ushered her back into the kitchen, where she picked up a towel and dabbed at Jiseth's cheeks.

"There, there, I didn't mean to upset you," she murmured in a soothing tone.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 3:00 pm

Trying to muster a smile, the Romulan shook her head.

"It's just... It's beautiful. Not something I'm used to. It's funny... We say never turn your back on a Breen, but what happens when you do so to family? Then you're lower than a Breen, which is horrific considering their body temperature. To be honest, the relief missions after the Battle of Cardassia were the first good outcomes to come from my actions. Things change when you see the fruits of your work. The only glory was making a child smile even though she had been orphaned. After putting on the Fleet's uniform, all I'd ever done was kill. Stark contrast to where I am now. This is a place of life."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 3:12 pm

"That's what Vonar thought when he decided to flee Bajor and the service," Kattell replied softly. "Neither of us had any family left on Cardassia or its colonies and he was so scared of losing Ilana as we had our other children. For a Cardassian to only have one child to carry on his name and bring glory is a sad thing indeed. He had guards around her all the time, even while she slept or played outside in the garden while he held his post. He gave all of that up to keep her safe though, when he realised that there was nothing we could do that would stop the resistance fighters taking out their rage at him on a defenceless child.

He's done things he's not proud of. There are still some nights that he'll sit up in the garden, haunted by those things. He has no regrets about leaving that life behind."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 9:40 pm

Raynor's confidence in whether or not this had been a good idea took a few hits the closer he got to the Telak residence.  Not that he was often unsure of himself, but still...it had been awhile since Raynor had seen Ilana, barring subspace messages.  He knew that she understood that there was a duty to be done, but it was still hard to maintain a relationship over such a long distance.  Thinking about the "duty" that the Empire had assigned him to caused Raynor to snort in derision.  A blooded warrior who had earned his metals...assigned to damn functionary duties?  

The door to the Telak home was privacy-sealed, so Raynor moved around the back side.  If he remembered correctly, there was a garden area.  Reaching up, the Klingon moved a vine aside, his touch gentle as he avoided crushing the delicate blooms, his science officer's mind wondering about the binomial.  Must be Cardassian, he thought, rounding the corner, and...

Raynor broke out into a wide grin as he saw Ilana and her father, his teeth flashing brightly against his dusky skin.  

"I let myself in."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth/Raynor]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 6:00 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Raynor broke out into a wide grin as he saw Ilana and her father, his teeth flashing brightly against his dusky skin.

"I let myself in."

Clicking her tricorder closed, Ilana patted her father's hand, taking on a serious expression. It was just like her father to ignore a condition like this until it got so bad that it nearly became untreatable. Of course, it didn't help that he refused to let any medics near him to even find out what was wrong, but he had a soft spot for his daughter and would allow her anything.

Before she could tell him off, however, she looked up at the sound of rustling vegetation, knowing that the faint breeze wasn't enough to shift the plant life in such a way. She dropped her tricorder, ignoring the device as it clattered on the rough tiling. For a moment, she couldn't articulate anything intelligible, staring at the Klingon standing in her garden after months of absence and so very few communications.

"R-R-Raynor?" she finally managed to say.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 8:16 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Clicking her tricorder closed, Ilana patted her father's hand, taking on a serious expression.  It was just like her father to ignore a condition like this until it got so bad that it nearly became untreatable.  Of course, it didn't help that he refused to let any medics near him to even find out what was wrong, but he had a soft spot for his daughter and would allow her anything.

Before she could tell him off, however, she looked up at the sound of rustling vegetation, knowing that the faint breeze wasn't enough to shift the plant life in such a way.  She dropped her tricorder, ignoring the device as it clattered on the rough tiling.  For a moment, she couldn't articulate anything intelligible, staring at the Klingon standing in her garden after months of absence and so very few communications.

"R-R-Raynor?" she finally managed to say.

Raynor respectfully inclined his head to Vonar, hoping that the man didn't take it as an affront to honor that the Klingon had basically committed breaking and entering. Raynor felt...oddly at home, even though he'd only been here once.

Turning his attention back to Ilana, Raynor gave a slight shrug, still unsure as to whether he should...well, he didn't have the damnedest idea what he should do. Obviously, his instinct was to scoop her up wrap her about ten times in Klingon arm length. A thought came to him, too late. I should have called more...

"Not a hoax. Not a hologram," he rumbled, tucking back some of his long, dark hair behind an ear and looking about as abashed as it was possible for a Klingon to look. "Have you had dinner yet, Lana? You look as if you need to eat."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 12:43 pm

Jiseth nodded slowly, her eyes still watery.

"I think he and I would get along rather well."

She wiped her still damp face with the back of her hands. Luckily her nose had not been runny during this rather Human experience. Romulans were traditionally stoic. Living walls. Perhaps it had more to do with the uniforms with the large shoulder pads. Still, it was as if each were a single brick. One alone meant little, but together, they were the barrier against which the darkness of the galaxy breaks and sheltered the treasures of the Empire. There were some days she genuinely wished to return to that.

"I just realized, I don't even know your name. How impolite of me."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 1:37 pm

Kattell smiled at the Romulan, patting her shoulder reassuringly. It was hard to turn off the maternal instincts, especially since they were so strong in the Cardassian, but she didn't know Jiseth well enough to know whether or not she would accept smothering mothership.

"Not to worry, dear. My name's Kattell," she said kindly. With a final pat, she gestured to the food still cooking. "Come, we should finish getting dinner ready. Both you and my daughter look like you could use a good meal.

Outside, Ilana continued to look at Raynor as if she didn't believe that the Klingon could truly be standing in her parent's garden, the one she had taken so long to cultivate back when the colony had been established, although when he brought up food, her gaze dropped to the ground. Of course he would bring up food. He had worked so hard to try to get her to put on weight and muscle mass before his abrupt departure and even managed to get her to fill out her skinny frame just a little. Unfortunately, when he left, it had all fallen off again as she returned to her old habits.

"M-m-my m-mother is j-j-just p-preparing d-d-dinner n-now."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 2:31 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Kattell smiled at the Romulan, patting her shoulder reassuringly.  It was hard to turn off the maternal instincts, especially since they were so strong in the Cardassian, but she didn't know Jiseth well enough to know whether or not she would accept smothering mothership.

"Not to worry, dear.  My name's Kattell," she said kindly.  With a final pat, she gestured to the food still cooking.  "Come, we should finish getting dinner ready.  Both you and my daughter look like you could use a good meal.

Mustering a smile, Jiseth nodded and took a deep breath. Ilana's mother reminded her far too much of her own. Crossing the border was no easy measure, even now. Her personal shuttle, though fitted with a cloak, would be an easy target for a patrol ship. Hardly a fitting end to her new life.

Moving over to the pot of vegetables, she gave them a good stirring and looked to the skewered meat over the fire. She wondered what it would taste like. Hopefully juicy, tenderness that the replicators just could not quite match.

"I go by Jiseth... Anything else that needs to be cooked?"

Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 2:46 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Mustering a smile, Jiseth nodded and took a deep breath. Ilana's mother reminded her far too much of her own. Crossing the border was no easy measure, even now. Her personal shuttle, though fitted with a cloak, would be an easy target for a patrol ship. Hardly a fitting end to her new life.

Moving over to the pot of vegetables, she gave them a good stirring and looked to the skewered meat over the fire. She wondered what it would taste like. Hopefully juicy, tenderness that the replicators just could not quite match.

"I go by Jiseth... Anything else that needs to be cooked?"

Kattell followed the Romulan back to where the food was still cooking over the open fire, picking up a small pot and using its contents to once again baste the meat. She then prodded it gently with the wooden spoon, considering it for a moment.

"No, I think that it's just about ready to serve. I hope you're hungry!"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 4:08 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Outside, Ilana continued to look at Raynor as if she didn't believe that the Klingon could truly be standing in her parent's garden, the one she had taken so long to cultivate back when the colony had been established, although when he brought up food, her gaze dropped to the ground.  Of course he would bring up food.  He had worked so hard to try to get her to put on weight and muscle mass before his abrupt departure and even managed to get her to fill out her skinny frame just a little.  Unfortunately, when he left, it had all fallen off again as she returned to her old habits.

"M-m-my m-mother is j-j-just p-preparing d-d-dinner n-now."

A grin split Raynor's face again as Ilana mentioned her mother. "Is she in there? I hope she made more." He glanced down at Vondar, smiling apologetically. "I would have called ahead, but...well, my departure from the Homeworld was not exactly one that was planned. At least, not that I could say out loud. If they'd been meaning to hit me, I'm sure they would have blown my Bird out of the stars..." he laughed, shrugging.

Raynor took another step, his long stride eating up the distance between him and Ilana. She still looked as if he were a particular snake that she wasn't sure was venomous or not. "I hope all is well here, Lana. I...I came as soon as I heard."

Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 4:41 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
A grin split Raynor's face again as Ilana mentioned her mother.  "Is she in there?  I hope she made more."  He glanced down at Vondar, smiling apologetically.  "I would have called ahead, but...well, my departure from the Homeworld was not exactly one that was planned.  At least, not that I could say out loud.  If they'd been meaning to hit me, I'm sure they would have blown my Bird out of the stars..." he laughed, shrugging.

Raynor took another step, his long stride eating up the distance between him and Ilana.  She still looked as if he were a particular snake that she wasn't sure was venomous or not.  "I hope all is well here, Lana.  I...I came as soon as I heard."

Vonar waved a hand dismissively at Raynor, as if he hadn't quite understood that he had come on his own and not arrived along with Ilana. The younger Cardassian, however, was just about in full control of her mental processes.

Her head tilted back as Raynor stepped closer so that she could look up at him. She stayed silent for a moment, trying to think of something to say to him. So many questions ran through her mind, but none made it to her lips. Had he disobeyed orders to come here? Had he received the many letters she had sent, at least once a week, to him? Had he missed her as much as she had missed him?

"H-he w-w-will r-recover. S-s-stubborness is, th-th-thankfully, n-not f-f-fatal in th-this c-c-case."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 6:21 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Kattell followed the Romulan back to where the food was still cooking over the open fire, picking up a small pot and using its contents to once again baste the meat.  She then prodded it gently with the wooden spoon, considering it for a moment.  

"No, I think that it's just about ready to serve.  I hope you're hungry!"

"I very much am. It smells delicious by the way."

Jiseth lifted her pot away from the heat and over to the sink. At first she thought about putting the strainer over the fire and letting the water douse it out, but quickly shunned the thought. Water was precious in the desert. Even to a race suited to the climate.

Slowly she poured the water out into the strainer in the sink, careful not to steam cook her own hands and forearms. Soon came the sound of the vegetables sliding out and pieces plopping onto one another until all the liquid was gone from the pot. Down it would go through the labyrinth of pipes to be processed and used again.

"Just the four of us?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 7:29 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Vonar waved a hand dismissively at Raynor, as if he hadn't quite understood that he had come on his own and not arrived along with Ilana.  The younger Cardassian, however, was just about in full control of her mental processes.

Her head tilted back as Raynor stepped closer so that she could look up at him.  She stayed silent for a moment, trying to think of something to say to him.  So many questions ran through her mind, but none made it to her lips.  Had he disobeyed orders to come here?  Had he received the many letters she had sent, at least once a week, to him?  Had he missed her as much as she had missed him?

"H-he w-w-will r-recover.  S-s-stubborness is, th-th-thankfully, n-not f-f-fatal in th-this c-c-case."

"Good thing it's not," Raynor shrugged, "or else my species would have been wiped out long before we wrested mastery of the stars from those who tried to be our conquerors." The Klingon was very close to Ilana now, though the girl had made very little movement to come close to him. Raynor reached out, touching along the side of Ilana's neck without the implant. "Proper diet and rest will help with your nerves, which will help the stammer. We've been through this. I read all your letters."

Suddenly, the Klingon shook his head and laughed ruefully. "Look at us. Are we Romulans, circling with veiled intent, pissing down our backs while we try to convince each other it's rain?" Raynor reached down, scooping Ilana up in an embrace while whirling her around. "I have missed you every day."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 6:34 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"Good thing it's not," Raynor shrugged, "or else my species would have been wiped out long before we wrested mastery of the stars from those who tried to be our conquerors." The Klingon was very close to Ilana now, though the girl had made very little movement to come close to him. Raynor reached out, touching along the side of Ilana's neck without the implant. "Proper diet and rest will help with your nerves, which will help the stammer. We've been through this. I read all your letters."

Suddenly, the Klingon shook his head and laughed ruefully. "Look at us. Are we Romulans, circling with veiled intent, pissing down our backs while we try to convince each other it's rain?" Raynor reached down, scooping Ilana up in an embrace while whirling her around. "I have missed you every day."

There was a sharp intake of breath from Ilana as the Klingon touched her neck, her muscles tensing.  His touch was gentle and familiar, yet unfamiliar in the time it had been since someone had last laid a hand on her in such a manner.  Her cheeks darkened at his words, dark blood rushing to them as she blushed.  Of course it would help.  Nanoprobes could only do so much of the work after all.

A pleased feeling surged through her as he mentioned that he had read all of her letters.  She had always been afraid that they would be intercepted or lost in the long journey it would have to make through the Klingon Empire to its intended recipient.  At least they never contained sensitive information, simply updates on interesting cases she was handling, or new plant specimens she had or was thinking of adding to her miniature jungle and, of course, shy reminders of how much she missed his presence.

Despite how he had been almost creeping toward her, the sudden embrace still pulled a surprised squeak from Ilana's throat.  She very quickly relaxed into it, however, and wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her face in his large shoulder.  "I h-h-have m-m-m-missed y-you t-t-too," came the muffled reply.  "Every m-m-moment of th-the d-d-day."

Jiseth wrote:
"I very much am. It smells delicious by the way."

Jiseth lifted her pot away from the heat and over to the sink. At first she thought about putting the strainer over the fire and letting the water douse it out, but quickly shunned the thought. Water was precious in the desert. Even to a race suited to the climate.

Slowly she poured the water out into the strainer in the sink, careful not to steam cook her own hands and forearms. Soon came the sound of the vegetables sliding out and pieces plopping onto one another until all the liquid was gone from the pot. Down it would go through the labyrinth of pipes to be processed and used again.

"Just the four of us?"

Kattell carefully removed the meat from the fire, and then slid it off the spit onto a clean board.  She didn't, however, start to carve it, simply arranging the necessary implements for the job alongside the roast.  Ilana was quite a skilled roast carver, which was to be expected given her profession.  There was a pleased smile on her face at Jiseth's mention of its smell, a slight feeling of pride warming her.  She didn't often get the chance to cook for guests, but she did enjoy it immensely when she got the chance.

She set out a heavy, earthenware dish for the vegetables before pulling out a small jug, into which she poured the sauce from its pot.  "As far as I'm aware, there are only four of us.  I'm sure we'll have far too much food, but no matter.  Vonar won't eat much when he's unwell, and Ilana hardly eats at all."  She offered Jiseth a slightly playful smile.  "It's nice to have a guest with an appetite once in a while." With apparent ease, she picked up a pile of plates in one hand, and the board with the roast in the other. "We'll eat in the garden, I think. It's a lovely evening."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 7:27 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

There was a sharp intake of breath from Ilana as the Klingon touched her neck, her muscles tensing.  His touch was gentle and familiar, yet unfamiliar in the time it had been since someone had last laid a hand on her in such a manner.  Her cheeks darkened at his words, dark blood rushing to them as she blushed.  Of course it would help.  Nanoprobes could only do so much of the work after all.

A pleased feeling surged through her as he mentioned that he had read all of her letters.  She had always been afraid that they would be intercepted or lost in the long journey it would have to make through the Klingon Empire to its intended recipient.  At least they never contained sensitive information, simply updates on interesting cases she was handling, or new plant specimens she had or was thinking of adding to her miniature jungle and, of course, shy reminders of how much she missed his presence.

Despite how he had been almost creeping toward her, the sudden embrace still pulled a surprised squeak from Ilana's throat.  She very quickly relaxed into it, however, and wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her face in his large shoulder.  "I h-h-have m-m-m-missed y-you t-t-too," came the muffled reply.  "Every m-m-moment of th-the d-d-day."

Raynor let Ilana down, deciding that whirling the girl was likely not the best thing to do for her current state of mind. "I am authorized to use diplomatic channels, so the subspace connection is better than the regular ones coming into and out of Qo'noS," he grinned. "Twice as likely to be tapped, but...eh."

Although she was on her own two feet again, Raynor was still very close. The Klingon ran his thumb along Ilana's jaw, though he resisted drawing her in for a kiss. Though Kattell approved of their relationship, Vonar had not been the most thrilled about it, even if he'd come to a kind of acceptance. Raynor also didn't know how weak the man's heart was. The last thing the eldar Cardassian probably wanted to see was someone with their tongue down his daughter's throat.

"Is your mother cooking? It smells nice," Raynor said, kissing the top of her head. "The replicators were scrapped when the Bird I stole was up for mothballing...and I didn't have time to grab any ration bars before I left..."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Raynor let Ilana down, deciding that whirling the girl was likely not the best thing to do for her current state of mind. "I am authorized to use diplomatic channels, so the subspace connection is better than the regular ones coming into and out of Qo'noS," he grinned. "Twice as likely to be tapped, but...eh."

Although she was on her own two feet again, Raynor was still very close. The Klingon ran his thumb along Ilana's jaw, though he resisted drawing her in for a kiss. Though Kattell approved of their relationship, Vonar had not been the most thrilled about it, even if he'd come to a kind of acceptance. Raynor also didn't know how weak the man's heart was. The last thing the eldar Cardassian probably wanted to see was someone with their tongue down his daughter's throat.

"Is your mother cooking? It smells nice," Raynor said, kissing the top of her head. "The replicators were scrapped when the Bird I stole was up for mothballing...and I didn't have time to grab any ration bars before I left..."

Vonar grumbled a little on the lounger, obviously not pleased that this young Klingon had returned to see Ilana, but on the other hand glad that his daughter's attention had been diverted from poking and prodding him.  Seeing this, Ilana felt more able to divert her attention more completely to Raynor.

"B-b-better c-communication ch-channels, b-b-but y-you s-s-still b-barely c-c-called," she replied, a little hurt creeping into her voice despite the fact that she tried hard to keep it buried.  Three times.  Three times they had made contact with each other during the months he had been away.

The change of subject was obviously one that came as a relief to the young Cardassian as she jumped on it with enthusiasm.  "Y-yes, m-m-my m-mother is c-c-cooking," she said before her face fell as she remembered just who else was in the kitchen.  "Along w-w-with an o-old f-f-friend of y-y-yours.  J-J-Jiseth. Sh-she s-s-said y-you w-w-were c-c-close."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 2:27 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Kattell carefully removed the meat from the fire, and then slid it off the spit onto a clean board.  She didn't, however, start to carve it, simply arranging the necessary implements for the job alongside the roast.  Ilana was quite a skilled roast carver, which was to be expected given her profession.  There was a pleased smile on her face at Jiseth's mention of its smell, a slight feeling of pride warming her.  She didn't often get the chance to cook for guests, but she did enjoy it immensely when she got the chance.

She set out a heavy, earthenware dish for the vegetables before pulling out a small jug, into which she poured the sauce from its pot.  "As far as I'm aware, there are only four of us.  I'm sure we'll have far too much food, but no matter.  Vonar won't eat much when he's unwell, and Ilana hardly eats at all."  She offered Jiseth a slightly playful smile.  "It's nice to have a guest with an appetite once in a while."  With apparent ease, she picked up a pile of plates in one hand, and the board with the roast in the other.  "We'll eat in the garden, I think.  It's a lovely evening."

Pouring the vegetables from the strainer to the dish, Jiseth took it along with the jug of sauce and stopped suddenly, placing both on the counter. She moved to the fire pit and put the lid over the still-burning wood to suffocate it.

"So long as I don't burn the place down, I think so."

Returning to the counter, she retrieved the items and stopped once more to grab utensils before resuming out of the kitchen. Even from the distance between her nose and the jug, the spices in the sauce were a bit strong. She wondered how those on DS9 survived until all the replicators started making Human foods.

Then she rounded the corner into the garden and noted Vonar had looked at her immediately. She stopped suddenly and wondered where Ilana had gone. A slight glance over... The girl was hugging a Klingon. That explained the look of discontent on Vonar's face. Jiseth gave the man a sympathetic smirk before she looked over her shoulder to Kattell.

"Looks like five."

I'm sure I could earn points with the old man if I hose down that filthy thing loving on his daughter.

Last edited by Jiseth on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 7:49 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Vonar grumbled a little on the lounger, obviously not pleased that this young Klingon had returned to see Ilana, but on the other hand glad that his daughter's attention had been diverted from poking and prodding him.  Seeing this, Ilana felt more able to divert her attention more completely to Raynor.

"B-b-better c-communication ch-channels, b-b-but y-you s-s-still b-barely c-c-called," she replied, a little hurt creeping into her voice despite the fact that she tried hard to keep it buried.  Three times.  Three times they had made contact with each other during the months he had been away.

The change of subject was obviously one that came as a relief to the young Cardassian as she jumped on it with enthusiasm.  "Y-yes, m-m-my m-mother is c-c-cooking," she said before her face fell as she remembered just who else was in the kitchen.  "Along w-w-with an o-old f-f-friend of y-y-yours.  J-J-Jiseth. Sh-she s-s-said y-you w-w-were c-c-close."

"I..." Raynor started, sighing and shrugging his shoulders. "You are right, of course. I'm sorry, Lana. My duties didn't often allow me much personal time, and..." Sighing again, Raynor ran his fingers through his long, dark hair. "I'm not big on...calling. If you would like to use a painstick on me, I would allow it."

It would have taken a tiberian bat to have missed the expression on Ilana's face as she mentioned her mother's cooking. Raynor cocked an eyebrow, wondering what in all the burning hells could have made her feel that way about her mother, of all things.

And then, what she quietly said hit him.

"Jiseth?" Raynor asked, his eyes slightly widening as he staggered back a half step. The memory of her hit him like a physical force, a detonating warhead striking without inertial dampening. Of all the people to have flown Ilana to the colony... "I...wasn't aware that she ran shuttle taxi," he said, attempting to lighten his tone.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 3:01 am

Jiseth wrote:
Then she rounded the corner into the garden and noted Vonar had looked at her immediately. She stopped suddenly and wondered where Ilana had gone. A slight glance over... The girl was hugging a Klingon. That explained the look of discontent on Vonar's face. Jiseth gave the man a sympathetic smirk before she looked over her shoulder to Kattell.

"Looks like five."

I'm sure I could earn points with the old man if I hose down that filthy thing loving on his daughter.

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"I..." Raynor started, sighing and shrugging his shoulders. "You are right, of course. I'm sorry, Lana. My duties didn't often allow me much personal time, and..." Sighing again, Raynor ran his fingers through his long, dark hair. "I'm not big on...calling. If you would like to use a painstick on me, I would allow it."

It would have taken a tiberian bat to have missed the expression on Ilana's face as she mentioned her mother's cooking. Raynor cocked an eyebrow, wondering what in all the burning hells could have made her feel that way about her mother, of all things.

And then, what she quietly said hit him.

"Jiseth?" Raynor asked, his eyes slightly widening as he staggered back a half step. The memory of her hit him like a physical force, a detonating warhead striking without inertial dampening. Of all the people to have flown Ilana to the colony... "I...wasn't aware that she ran shuttle taxi," he said, attempting to lighten his tone.

And there was the reaction Ilana had been dreading. Raynor obviously knew the terrifying Romulan that had flown her to the colony and, more than that, his reaction indicated that he had some emotional reaction toward her. She looked away, stepping back from him and wrapping her arms over her stomach. Jiseth was probably closer to his type anyway.

"Y-y-yes, C-C-Captain T-T-T'Koris asked h-h-her t-to," she murmured. With a quiet sound of effort, Vonar pulled himself off the lounge her had been lying on, moving to wrap an arm around his daughter while giving the Klingon a dark glare.

Kattell turned the corner into the garden and stopped sharply at the sight of Raynor and Ilana. She let out a slow breath. On one hand, she was relieved to see that her daughter's mate had returned, but on the other hand, there seemed to be some sort of disagreement going on, she could read the upset in Ilana's stance and expression with practised ease.

She strode forward, placing the dishes she held on a table on the way past but barely pausing until she was standing next to her daughter and husband.

"Hello, Mr Hughes," she said amicably.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]   It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Okay, I'll Kill You Later... [Ilana/Jiseth]
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next