Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission

Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] Empty
PostSubject: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 4:13 pm

[Starbase Athena - Hydroponics Bay]

[Gamma Shift]

The hydroponics bay was always quiet at this time of the station's day. Hydroponics didn't really need any active staff during the sleep shift and those who were there were generally those who chose to be so as to avoid having to interact with anyone. It was for that very reason that one of the blue-uniformed officers stood at one of the work benches with a line of young irises and a crystalline flower that she had a particular fondness for.

Since Raynor's recall to the Klingon Empire, Ilana often came to the hydroponics bay to work amongst the plants and flowers, in an environment that reminded her so uniquely of him. He had always said how much his colleagues had irritated him in their inability to properly care for his plants. That's why she volunteered for a few shifts, to make sure that they were still alive and thriving for when he came back. If he came back.

A tear fell onto a crystal petal, weighing it down and bending the flower down a little until the droplet slid off to plink into the soil Ilana had just planted it into. She angrily wiped at her cheeks. There was no point in crying over him. He had his duty and she had hers. It just happened to have come at a bad time in their relationship, when they had just been starting to understand where they had been going together.

Her slender, grey fingers carefully lifted another flower from its seeding tray and transferred it to a larger pot, ensuring that the delicate roots were moved with the utmost caution before sprinkling more soil on top of them and patting it down lightly. She lifted the pot up, blowing gently across its petals and listening to the soft sound they made, akin to a finger on a wineglass. It brought a faint smile to her lips, but there was still a tinge of sadness to the expression, as if there was something missing.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 5:08 pm

Raynor found that he rather liked the clattering sound his heavy boots made as they slammed against the deckplating of the Athena. Of course, he knew how to walk softly. He'd stalked deer many times as a young boy in the wild of Alaska, training himself to move silently enough to reach and touch the animals before they took flight. Still...there was something inherently satisfying in moving about in such a 'by-damn-get-out-of-my-way' manner.

Mainly that...well, people got out of the way.

He continued on, moving through the corridors to where the computer had told him that Ilana was. Klingons did not know hesitation, but...then again, Klingons did not fall in love with Cardassians, either. Raynor figured since he'd broken one truism, he was free to break any others. The months since his recall to the Homeworld wore him like a millstone. To make it worse, he had not a damn blasted clue as to how Ilana would react to his return.

Raynor stepped much quieter as he entered the Hydroponics Bay, smiling softly as he saw Ilana tending gentle ministrations to a crystalline bloom. It brought to mind a line by Sah'Kar, the great philosopher-prince of old. "Swift, the soft flesh," he said. "True delicacy need not be a fragile thing."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 5:38 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Raynor stepped much quieter as he entered the Hydroponics Bay, smiling softly as he saw Ilana tending gentle ministrations to a crystalline bloom.  It brought to mind a line by Sah'Kar, the great philosopher-prince of old.  "Swift, the soft flesh," he said.  "True delicacy need not be a fragile thing."

Cardassians were well known for their hearing being below par when compared to even humans, so it was no surprise that Ilana was unaware of Raynor's quiet approach. As such, when he spoke, she nearly jumped out of her scales, fumbling the pot in her hands. With a gasp, she caught it before it could hit the workbench, the petals vibrating with their musical tone once again.

Setting the pot down carefully, she turned to the person who had spoken to her, intending to tell them off, only to find that she was most definitely looking up at the culprit, and that the culprit was none other than the piece that had been missing from her life for the past few months, the Klingon who had occupied her thoughts on an almost constant basis.

Her green eyes wide, Ilana swallowed hard, the angry words she had formulated completely gone from her mind. "R-R-Raynor?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Cardassians were well known for their hearing being below par when compared to even humans, so it was no surprise that Ilana was unaware of Raynor's quiet approach.  As such, when he spoke, she nearly jumped out of her scales, fumbling the pot in her hands.  With a gasp, she caught it before it could hit the workbench, the petals vibrating with their musical tone once again.

Setting the pot down carefully, she turned to the person who had spoken to her, intending to tell them off, only to find that she was most definitely looking up at the culprit, and that the culprit was none other than the piece that had been missing from her life for the past few months, the Klingon who had occupied her thoughts on an almost constant basis.

Her green eyes wide, Ilana swallowed hard, the angry words she had formulated completely gone from her mind.  "R-R-Raynor?"

"The same," Raynor replied, his eyes quickly darting to the crystal flower that was almost dropped. Well, technically, it wasn't 'crystal', but that was quite a close approximation thereof. He waited until Ilana put the flower down before approaching any further. Her reaction, other than annoyance at being interrupted and surprised, had been somewhat noncommittal. A Klingon burst through when others used a door, but also knew the value of stepping carefully.

Raynor reached out, brushing a few strands of Ilana's silky, dark hair behind her ear. "Who else were you expecting, Lana?" He flashed a small, quick grin. "Do I have to kill anyone?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 6:22 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"The same," Raynor replied, his eyes quickly darting to the crystal flower that was almost dropped.  Well, technically, it wasn't 'crystal', but that was quite a close approximation thereof.  He waited until Ilana put the flower down before approaching any further.  Her reaction, other than annoyance at being interrupted and surprised, had been somewhat noncommittal.  A Klingon burst through when others used a door, but also knew the value of stepping carefully.

Raynor reached out, brushing a few strands of Ilana's silky, dark hair behind her ear.  "Who else were you expecting, Lana?"  He flashed a small, quick grin.  "Do I have to kill anyone?"

There were several emotions running through Ilana's mind as she looked up at the Klingon: relief, love and affection, but also a little hurt. She had sent so many letters to him over the months, just as she did with her parents, but she had never heard anything back from him. Granted, that could have been because of the somewhat shaky subspace connections between the Federation and the Klingon Empire, but that didn't stop her from feeling upset about it.

As he reached out to touch her, she tensed, but didn't pull away. This was what she wanted during his entire time away, to be close to him again. She lifted one hand to touch his, her fingers barely ghosting over the back of his hand. "N-n-n-no, n-n-no one," she replied. "I d-d-didn't e-expect y-y-you t-t-t-to c-c-come b-b-back."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 10:51 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

There were several emotions running through Ilana's mind as she looked up at the Klingon:  relief, love and affection, but also a little hurt.  She had sent so many letters to him over the months, just as she did with her parents, but she had never heard anything back from him.  Granted, that could have been because of the somewhat shaky subspace connections between the Federation and the Klingon Empire, but that didn't stop her from feeling upset about it.

As he reached out to touch her, she tensed, but didn't pull away.  This was what she wanted during his entire time away, to be close to him again.  She lifted one hand to touch his, her fingers barely ghosting over the back of his hand.  "N-n-n-no, n-n-no one," she replied.  "I d-d-didn't e-expect y-y-you t-t-t-to c-c-come b-b-back."

"I told you I would," Raynor replied, somewhat sullenly. What else do you expect, fool? he chided himself. Indeed, he knew his communication with Ilana had been...spotty...at best. Most of that had been owing to the distance between the Homeworld and the Athena. At least, real-time communication was not often an option. Still...he knew he could have been more attentive.

He knew he could have been many more things to her...all of which she deserved.

Raynor took up her slight hand in his, kissing the backs of her fingers. "There is only one thing that will keep me from you, Lana. And even then," he added, with a vulpine grin, "I'll have to have been lying cold for three days straight."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 12:09 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"I told you I would," Raynor replied, somewhat sullenly.  What else do you expect, fool? he chided himself.  Indeed, he knew his communication with Ilana had been...spotty...at best.  Most of that had been owing to the distance between the Homeworld and the Athena.  At least, real-time communication was not often an option.  Still...he knew he could have been more attentive.

He knew he could have been many more things to her...all of which she deserved.

Raynor took up her slight hand in his, kissing the backs of her fingers.  "There is only one thing that will keep me from you, Lana.  And even then," he added, with a vulpine grin, "I'll have to have been lying cold for three days straight."  

The thought of Raynor lying cold for any length of time was not a pleasant one to the Cardassian and her frown made that quite clear and, as much as she was angry over his reassignment back in the Klingon Empire, it just couldn't override her relief at having him back.

Taking a short step closer to him, she threw her arms around him, hugging him as tightly as her skinny frame would allow. The Klingon uniform made it a little uncomfortable, but there was little she could do about that and it was also cancelled out by the sheer joy she felt at being able to hug her Klingon again.

"I'm g-g-glad y-y-you're b-b-b-back," she murmured, her voice a little muffled by his uniform before she lifted her head to look up at him. "H-h-have y-y-you b-been r-r-reassigned h-here?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 12:52 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The thought of Raynor lying cold for any length of time was not a pleasant one to the Cardassian and her frown made that quite clear and, as much as she was angry over his reassignment back in the Klingon Empire, it just couldn't override her relief at having him back.

Taking a short step closer to him, she threw her arms around him, hugging him as tightly as her skinny frame would allow.  The Klingon uniform made it a little uncomfortable, but there was little she could do about that and it was also cancelled out by the sheer joy she felt at being able to hug her Klingon again.

"I'm g-g-glad y-y-you're b-b-b-back," she murmured, her voice a little muffled by his uniform before she lifted her head to look up at him.  "H-h-have y-y-you b-been r-r-reassigned h-here?"

"Not exactly," Raynor answered, smiling softly as his Cardassian wrapped her thin arms around him. He cocked one upswept eyebrow as she tried to fit all the way around his armored frame. "The Romulans have been restless of late, so Martok believed that a presence here would better represent the Empire's interests...in whatever is to come."

He gently extracted himself from Ilana, unfastening the solid durasteel clasps that held his breast-and-backplate on. Raynor went to toss the armor aside, but thought again of the delicate bloom that Ilana had been tending. He knew the crystalline flowers disliked loud noises, so instead he gently sat the metals down. "I told the starbase command that I would require your presence as a matter of diplomatic urgency. Your replacement on this shift will be by...momentarily," he grinned.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 1:05 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"Not exactly," Raynor answered, smiling softly as his Cardassian wrapped her thin arms around him.  He cocked one upswept eyebrow as she tried to fit all the way around his armored frame.  "The Romulans have been restless of late, so Martok believed that a presence here would better represent the Empire's interests...in whatever is to come."

He gently extracted himself from Ilana, unfastening the solid durasteel clasps that held his breast-and-backplate on.  Raynor went to toss the armor aside, but thought again of the delicate bloom that Ilana had been tending.  He knew the crystalline flowers disliked loud noises, so instead he gently sat the metals down.  "I told the starbase command that I would require your presence as a matter of diplomatic urgency.  Your replacement on this shift will be by...momentarily," he grinned.

Ilana was a little confused as Raynor gently pushed her away, but it made more sense as she watched him shrug off the metal armour plating that was a major part of the Klingon uniform. She smiled slightly as he set them down carefully on the deck plates, knowing as he did that the loud clattering that would have resulted from him dropping the plates would likely have disturbed many of the plant varieties that grew in the 'ponics bays.

Now that the pesky hard edges had been removed, the Cardassian didn't hesitate to hug him again, although she appeared confused once again as he spoke the words 'diplomatic urgency'.

"D-d-d-diplomatic u-urgency?" she asked. "Wh-wh-what p-p-possible urgency c-c-c-could I h-help y-y-you w-w-with?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 5:07 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana was a little confused as Raynor gently pushed her away, but it made more sense as she watched him shrug off the metal armour plating that was a major part of the Klingon uniform.  She smiled slightly as he set them down carefully on the deck plates, knowing as he did that the loud clattering that would have resulted from him dropping the plates would likely have disturbed many of the plant varieties that grew in the 'ponics bays.

Now that the pesky hard edges had been removed, the Cardassian didn't hesitate to hug him again, although she appeared confused once again as he spoke the words 'diplomatic urgency'.

"D-d-d-diplomatic u-urgency?" she asked.  "Wh-wh-what p-p-possible urgency c-c-c-could I h-help y-y-you w-w-with?"

Grinning widely, Raynor shrugged. "I don't know. I'm sure we'll think of something. Though..." The Klingon gathered up Ilana's face in his hands, leaning down and kissing her right there in front of everyone. Well, 'everyone' at the time of Gamma Shift was pretty much just the plants. "I can think of something I urgently want to do with you."

He kissed her again, running his fingers through her short hair. "Your stutter seems quite pronounced. Have you been taking care of yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 8:34 am

A slight smile crossed Ilana's scaled features as she realised that he had simply fabricated an urgency in order to pull her away from her volunteered shift, although it did turn to one of uncertainty as she figured out that leaving with Raynor would mean that she wasn't finishing the task that she had been assigned. While generally she often forgot to eat or sleep while she worked, the volunteer shifts she had taken on were different. She didn't lime skipping out on them, but Raynor had said that a replacement officer was on their way, and the plants could survive another day or so without being repotted...

Finding the Klingon's hands on her face and his lips pressibg against hers, she found herself reciprocating with tentative enthusiasm, ghosting a touch along the strong lines of his jaw, until of course, he brought up her stammer. In her letters, she had always been careful to avoid talking about how she had returned to her old habits and how the little condition she had gained under his careful watch had simply fallen off her.

Talking a step back from him, her expression a little guilty, she looked to the side, at her flowers.

"N-n-no, I h-h-haven't," she admitted, knowing better than to lie to the Klingon. Hoping to divert his attention from that fact, however, she continued: "I've b-b-been p-p-practising th-th-the M-Mok'b-b-bara th-th-though!"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 10:06 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
A slight smile crossed Ilana's scaled features as she realised that he had simply fabricated an urgency in order to pull her away from her volunteered shift, although it did turn to one of uncertainty as she figured out that leaving with Raynor would mean that she wasn't finishing the task that she had been assigned.  While generally she often forgot to eat or sleep while she worked, the volunteer shifts she had taken on were different.  She didn't lime skipping out on them, but Raynor had said that a replacement officer was on their way, and the plants could survive another day or so without being repotted...

Finding the Klingon's hands on her face and his lips pressibg against hers, she found herself reciprocating with tentative enthusiasm, ghosting a touch along the strong lines of his jaw, until of course, he brought up her stammer.  In her letters, she had always been careful to avoid talking about how she had returned to her old habits and how the little condition she had gained under his careful watch had simply fallen off her.

Talking a step back from him, her expression a little guilty, she looked to the side, at her flowers.

"N-n-no, I h-h-haven't," she admitted, knowing better than to lie to the Klingon.  Hoping to divert his attention from that fact, however, she continued: "I've b-b-been p-p-practising th-th-the M-Mok'b-b-bara th-th-though!"

Well, Raynor thought, at least she isn't trying to bluff. He figured that Ilana wouldn't be a good liar, anyway. He tilted his head to one side, looking somewhat like a curious wolfhound. "Indeed. Exercise is all well and good, but any machine without fuel steadily becomes useless." Raynor reached over and touched two fingers on her pale lips, smiling warmly. "But it is good that you continue to practice."

The bay doors slid open, admitting a startled-looking Bolian woman. "Oh!" she said, clutching her datapadd to her chest. "Er...I was told to report to hydroponics?" Raynor leaned over, picking up his armor and slinging it over his shoulder. "Indeed. You do the service proud," he grinned, offering his other arm to Ilana. "We have a lot of diplomatic relations to engage in."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 10:29 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Well, Raynor thought, at least she isn't trying to bluff.  He figured that Ilana wouldn't be a good liar, anyway.  He tilted his head to one side, looking somewhat like a curious wolfhound.  "Indeed.  Exercise is all well and good, but any machine without fuel steadily becomes useless."  Raynor reached over and touched two fingers on her pale lips, smiling warmly.  "But it is good that you continue to practice."

The bay doors slid open, admitting a startled-looking Bolian woman.  "Oh!" she said, clutching her datapadd to her chest.  "Er...I was told to report to hydroponics?"  Raynor leaned over, picking up his armor and slinging it over his shoulder.  "Indeed.  You do the service proud," he grinned, offering his other arm to Ilana.  "We have a lot of diplomatic relations to engage in."

With a slight smile in return, Ilana gently kissed the two fingers he had touched to her lips. It was hard to believe that his large presence had returned to the station, even though that had been a constant wish on her mind pretty much since the day her had left to be reassigned back in the Klingon Empire.

Before she could say anything in return, a Bolian officer stepped to the hydroponics bay with a somewhat taken aback expression on her face. This must be my relief, Ilana thought to herself, offering the Bolian a faint smile, hoping that it conveyed at least a little gratitude before she took Raynor's arm and left the 'bay, and her work there, behind.

Looking up at him as they strolled along the passage, she tilted her head to one side. "S-s-s-so, d-d-do y-you h-h-have any r-r-real p-plans f-f-for th-this e-evening?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 9:09 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

With a slight smile in return, Ilana gently kissed the two fingers he had touched to her lips.  It was hard to believe that his large presence had returned to the station, even though that had been a constant wish on her mind pretty much since the day her had left to be reassigned back in the Klingon Empire.

Before she could say anything in return, a Bolian officer stepped to the hydroponics bay with a somewhat taken aback expression on her face.  This must be my relief, Ilana thought to herself, offering the Bolian a faint smile, hoping that it conveyed at least a little gratitude before she took Raynor's arm and left the 'bay, and her work there, behind.

Looking up at him as they strolled along the passage, she tilted her head to one side.  "S-s-s-so, d-d-do y-you h-h-have any r-r-real p-plans f-f-for th-this e-evening?"

"I do not," Raynor shrugged. "Actually, my official duties do not begin until my debriefing tomorrow...so, for now at least, my time is my own. And yours." The Klingon tilted his head, smirking slightly. "Have you ever been in a meeting with Deacon? Little slip of a woman, yet she has a way of making you feel like she's peeling you back, layer by layer, like an onion." He shrugged again. "Must be the VISOR."

Instead of heading for the habitat ring, Raynor instead lead Ilana on to another place he knew well. The pair eventually came to the arboretum bay doors. Raynor set his armor hauberk down next to the frame as the doors slid open. He had no reservations about leaving it there, because...well, who would dare touch a Klingon's armor?

The arboretum was quite empty at this hour of the station's life, as Raynor had expected it to be. The artificial lighting was dimmed, simulating a night-time cycle. An arboretum such as this served a dual purpose - research, yes...but it also was a touch of the terrestrial, keeping the fact that they were in a climate-controlled spaceborne can off of people's minds.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 4:34 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"I do not," Raynor shrugged.  "Actually, my official duties do not begin until my debriefing tomorrow...so, for now at least, my time is my own.  And yours."  The Klingon tilted his head, smirking slightly.  "Have you ever been in a meeting with Deacon?  Little slip of a woman, yet she has a way of making you feel like she's peeling you back, layer by layer, like an onion."  He shrugged again.  "Must be the VISOR."

Instead of heading for the habitat ring, Raynor instead lead Ilana on to another place he knew well.  The pair eventually came to the arboretum bay doors.  Raynor set his armor hauberk down next to the frame as the doors slid open.  He had no reservations about leaving it there, because...well, who would dare touch a Klingon's armor?  

The arboretum was quite empty at this hour of the station's life, as Raynor had expected it to be.  The artificial lighting was dimmed, simulating a night-time cycle.  An arboretum such as this served a dual purpose - research, yes...but it also was a touch of the terrestrial, keeping the fact that they were in a climate-controlled spaceborne can off of people's minds.

Walking along the quiet passages of the starbase, Ilana smiled, resting her head against Raynor's arm for a moment. It felt good to have him back, to have him close again. As they walked, it became apparent that there was a catch in the Cardassian's step, a definite stiffness in her left leg.

"Y-y-yes, I've m-m-met h-her once o-or t-t-t-twice," she replied, thinking of the iron-faced Admiral that commanded the station. In a way, the Admiral and the Ilana had actually had some kind of understanding of each other, both reliant on technology to correct a defect that would otherwise have prevented them from serving.

The smile grew as she recognised the path they were taking. The arboretum. A place they both enjoyed visiting when they had the chance, to be closer to the nature that they loved.

She hadn't expected anyone to be in the station's garden and that was exactly what she found. People were generally asleep on this shift and it wasn't an active lab for any of the science officers, more of a hobby. A few more strides took her to the small stream that ran through the arboretum and she crouched down to dip her fingers into the cool water. Looking back, a look of faint concern crossed her scaled features.

"Are y-y-you... h-happy? T-t-to b-be b-b-back?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 10:23 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Walking along the quiet passages of the starbase, Ilana smiled, resting her head against Raynor's arm for a moment.  It felt good to have him back, to have him close again.  As they walked, it became apparent that there was a catch in the Cardassian's step, a definite stiffness in her left leg.

"Y-y-yes, I've m-m-met h-her once o-or t-t-t-twice," she replied, thinking of the iron-faced Admiral that commanded the station.  In a way, the Admiral and the Ilana had actually had some kind of understanding of each other, both reliant on technology to correct a defect that would otherwise have prevented them from serving.

The smile grew as she recognised the path they were taking.  The arboretum.  A place they both enjoyed visiting when they had the chance, to be closer to the nature that they loved.

She hadn't expected anyone to be in the station's garden and that was exactly what she found.  People were generally asleep on this shift and it wasn't an active lab for any of the science officers, more of a hobby.  A few more strides took her to the small stream that ran through the arboretum and she crouched down to dip her fingers into the cool water.  Looking back, a look of faint concern crossed her scaled features.

"Are y-y-you... h-happy?  T-t-to b-be b-b-back?"

Raynor knew exactly what the arboretum meant to them. He remembered well the times they'd spent here...one time, in particular, when they'd been under the influence of an alien spore from the reaches of the Beta Quadrant. That particular instance had involved them giving in to their baser needs and making love in the grass. Looking back, Raynor thought that one of them should have started to think that, considering every time the pair lost control of their faculties, they ended up rutting like animals...that probably should have been a hint as to what feelings had lain beneath their friendship.

He crouched down alongside of Ilana, considering the babbling stream. It wasn't real, of course...just a recycled waterflow. Still, it was a good touch. Was he happy? Was any warrior truly happy with a diplomat's life, bound to a stationary service? Of course not, but still...

"You are here, and you make me happy. You are par'Mach'kai, and we are chosen of one another. How could this not make me happy?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 6:39 am

Raynor's words brought a dark blush to the Cardassian's cheeks, although she managed to resist squirming like a happy puppy. That particular urge was smothered by reaching up to place a gentle kiss to his cheek. She was aware that Raynor likely wouldn't be completely satisfied with his posting to the starbase. They both preferred a life on the move, constantly changing the stars they saw out of the viewports. The odd excursion on the Phoenix when their mission required it wasn't going to be enough. She was going to have to find some other way to try to keep him happy.

She shifted position, moving from a crouch which was rather uncomfortable for her into a sitting position, her legs curled around to the side of her. "S-s-squee h-h-has g-grown a l-l-lot s-s-since y-y-ou h-had t-t-to g-g-go."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 7:02 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
Raynor's words brought a dark blush to the Cardassian's cheeks, although she managed to resist squirming like a happy puppy.  That particular urge was smothered by reaching up to place a gentle kiss to his cheek.  She was aware that Raynor likely wouldn't be completely satisfied with his posting to the starbase.  They both preferred a life on the move, constantly changing the stars they saw out of the viewports.  The odd excursion on the Phoenix when their mission required it wasn't going to be enough.  She was going to have to find some other way to try to keep him happy.

She shifted position, moving from a crouch which was rather uncomfortable for her into a sitting position, her legs curled around to the side of her.  "S-s-squee h-h-has g-grown a l-l-lot s-s-since y-y-ou h-had t-t-to g-g-go."

"They do grow rather quickly," Raynor replied, nodding. "If you're taking proper care of them. Which," he grinned, "I know you are." The Klingon leaned close to Ilana as she sat down, keeping contact but being careful not to crush her.

He frowned a little as she mentioned his leaving. It was something that, hopefully, he would be able to keep from doing as much. "The Council did not use so many words, but this assignment has the feeling of something long-term. The Rommies are rife with dissension right now, and Athena's relative position puts us nearly on their doorstep...for good, or for ill."

Raynor turned to Ilana, touching under her chin. His hazel eyes were sad, but the love in them was obvious. "Long-term, but not guaranteed to be permanent. If ever you would prefer not having to wait for me to come back...if ever you want something more stable in your life...know that I would understand."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"They do grow rather quickly," Raynor replied, nodding.  "If you're taking proper care of them.  Which," he grinned, "I know you are."  The Klingon leaned close to Ilana as she sat down, keeping contact but being careful not to crush her.  

He frowned a little as she mentioned his leaving.  It was something that, hopefully, he would be able to keep from doing as much.  "The Council did not use so many words, but this assignment has the feeling of something long-term.  The Rommies are rife with dissension right now, and Athena's relative position puts us nearly on their doorstep...for good, or for ill."

Raynor turned to Ilana, touching under her chin.  His hazel eyes were sad, but the love in them was obvious.  "Long-term, but not guaranteed to be permanent.  If ever you would prefer not having to wait for me to come back...if ever you want something more stable in your life...know that I would understand."

As Raynor leaned closer to her, the young Cardassian mirrored his actions, enjoying the physical contact. Apart from her parents, he was the only person she actually sought out contact with. From all others, she either avoided it completely or tolerated with some difficulty.

She welcomed the warmth of his fingers under his chin, arching her neck slightly into the touch and letting her eyelids drop a little. Hearing him speak, however, brought her attention back to the matters at hand. The scales around her eyes overlapped a little as she frowned, pulling her head back and taking his large hand in both of hers.

"I w-w-would r-r-rather w-wait f-f-for y-y-y-you, P-P-Par'M-Mach'K-K-Kai," she murmured. "Always. I d-d-d-don't w-w-want anyone e-else b-b-but y-y-you."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 9:32 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

As Raynor leaned closer to her, the young Cardassian mirrored his actions, enjoying the physical contact.  Apart from her parents, he was the only person she actually sought out contact with.  From all others, she either avoided it completely or tolerated with some difficulty.

She welcomed the warmth of his fingers under his chin, arching her neck slightly into the touch and letting her eyelids drop a little.  Hearing him speak, however, brought her attention back to the matters at hand.  The scales around her eyes overlapped a little as she frowned, pulling her head back and taking his large hand in both of hers.

"I w-w-would r-r-rather w-wait f-f-for y-y-y-you, P-P-Par'M-Mach'K-K-Kai," she murmured.  "Always.  I d-d-d-don't w-w-want anyone e-else b-b-but y-y-you."

Smiling gently, Raynor nodded. "We are agreed again, then," he said, his voice a low rumble akin to something that would come from the belly of a hunting cat. He kissed her fingertips. "Starting tomorrow, we will begin re-working your health regimen." The Klingon sometimes couldn't believe that someone as intelligent as Ilana could be so utterly clueless about her own well-being. "I believe that, at least on a certain level, some of your stutter's progressive worsening has to do with your own state of exhaustion...one from which your body cannot recover without nutrients."

Raynor paused a half of a second, casually continuing. "How long has your hip been injured?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 5:24 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Smiling gently, Raynor nodded.  "We are agreed again, then," he said, his voice a low rumble akin to something that would come from the belly of a hunting cat.  He kissed her fingertips.  "Starting tomorrow, we will begin re-working your health regimen."  The Klingon sometimes couldn't believe that someone as intelligent as Ilana could be so utterly clueless about her own well-being.  "I believe that, at least on a certain level, some of your stutter's progressive worsening has to do with your own state of exhaustion...one from which your body cannot recover without nutrients."  

Raynor paused a half of a second, casually continuing.  "How long has your hip been injured?"

The frown soon melted back into a slight smile as an agreement about their relationship was reached. As much as it hurt her when Raynor was assigned somewhere she couldn't follow, she knew that it wasn't by choice that he had to go, and she hoped that he missed her as much as she missed him on those occasions.

She gave a wordless grumble as he pointed out that he was going to start watching her health again, but the motion held little heat given the playful glare she added to it. It still annoyed her at times when he would coddle her and stop her working when he believed that she was pushing herself too far, but it was an act that she knew came from him caring, not out of any form of malice.

Given his attention to detail in all things, the Cardassian really shouldn't have been surprised that he picked up on her hip. She dropped her gaze to the grass, debating whether or not to tell him, still struggling with the knowledge that he would want to know whenever she wasn't at her best.

"A c-c-c-couple of w-w-w-weeks," was the quiet reply.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:10 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The frown soon melted back into a slight smile as an agreement about their relationship was reached.  As much as it hurt her when Raynor was assigned somewhere she couldn't follow, she knew that it wasn't by choice that he had to go, and she hoped that he missed her as much as she missed him on those occasions.

She gave a wordless grumble as he pointed out that he was going to start watching her health again, but the motion held little heat given the playful glare she added to it.  It still annoyed her at times when he would coddle her and stop her working when he believed that she was pushing herself too far, but it was an act that she knew came from him caring, not out of any form of malice.

Given his attention to detail in all things, the Cardassian really shouldn't have been surprised that he picked up on her hip.  She dropped her gaze to the grass, debating whether or not to tell him, still struggling with the knowledge that he would want to know whenever she wasn't at her best.

"A c-c-c-couple of w-w-w-weeks," was the quiet reply.  

Raynor felt a coldness grip his heart as he nodded. His face reflected a stillness that he did not feel in the least bit. No, inside, he was lashed by any number of emotional painsticks. Raynor didn't even know the full extent of her injury yet, but one thought was first and forefront.

If you'd been there, she wouldn't have been hurt

"Tell me about it," he finally said, his voice calm and level.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:32 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Raynor felt a coldness grip his heart as he nodded.  His face reflected a stillness that he did not feel in the least bit.  No, inside, he was lashed by any number of emotional painsticks.  Raynor didn't even know the full extent of her injury yet, but one thought was first and forefront.  

If you'd been there, she wouldn't have been hurt

"Tell me about it," he finally said, his voice calm and level.

There was a freezing of Raynor's expression, a stillness in the muscles, that betrayed that the Klingon was trying to hide his true emotions. While Ilana was far from an expert on reading him, she could still tell when something was wrong. She just hoped that they would be together long enough for her to be able to learn more about him.

She rubbed her hip, thinking for a moment on how best to tell him about what had happened back on Pullock V. She sighed quietly, picking at a scale on the back of her head that was in the process of shedding.

"An a-aid m-m-m-mission t-t-to a C-C-Cardassian c-c-colony. B-B-Bajoran t-t-terrorists attacked. Th-th-they sh-sh-shot N-Nelkar and I w-w-with d-d-disruptors and l-l-left us f-f-for d-d-dead."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 12:30 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

There was a freezing of Raynor's expression, a stillness in the muscles, that betrayed that the Klingon was trying to hide his true emotions.  While Ilana was far from an expert on reading him, she could still tell when something was wrong.  She just hoped that they would be together long enough for her to be able to learn more about him.

She rubbed her hip, thinking for a moment on how best to tell him about what had happened back on Pullock V.  She sighed quietly, picking at a scale on the back of her head that was in the process of shedding.

"An a-aid m-m-m-mission t-t-to a C-C-Cardassian c-c-colony.  B-B-Bajoran t-t-terrorists attacked.  Th-th-they sh-sh-shot N-Nelkar and I w-w-with d-d-disruptors and l-l-left us f-f-for d-d-dead."

"Bajoran terrorists?" Raynor asked, briefly shaking his head. Some wars are never over, he thought, recalling the old Earth proverb about the one who sought vengeance digging two graves. Of course, not that he agreed with it - revenge was the fruitful harvest of a well-tended garden. Humans had strange ideas about things, sometimes.

Reaching over, Raynor caught up her jaw in both hands, and the kiss that followed was slow and passionate, the human side of him coming out when it needed to. "You've always had a warrior's heart," he murmured, gently resting his forehead against hers, careful not to press too hard with his subtle ridges. "Few can say they took a disruptor hit and lived to tell the tale. Has it interrupted any of your day-to-day functions?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 4:16 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"Bajoran terrorists?" Raynor asked, briefly shaking his head.  Some wars are never over, he thought, recalling the old Earth proverb about the one who sought vengeance digging two graves.  Of course, not that he agreed with it - revenge was the fruitful harvest of a well-tended garden.  Humans had strange ideas about things, sometimes.

Reaching over, Raynor caught up her jaw in both hands, and the kiss that followed was slow and passionate, the human side of him coming out when it needed to.  "You've always had a warrior's heart," he murmured, gently resting his forehead against hers, careful not to press too hard with his subtle ridges.  "Few can say they took a disruptor hit and lived to tell the tale.  Has it interrupted any of your day-to-day functions?"

While Ilana had never considered that a tale of near death was one that warranted a long kiss, it would appear that Raynor thought otherwise. She closed her eyes, enjoying the contact as she reciprocated, her hands resting gently on his wrists.

As they drew apart, her hands crept up to touch the point of his jaw, her thumbs tracing the line of the bone. She had missed this, missed his presence and being able to reach out and touch him. As an individual who generally avoided physical contact when possible, that was quite a concession to make, proof of the strange power the Klingon held over her.

"A l-l-little," she admitted. "S-s-sitting or s-s-standing f-for extended p-p-p-periods of t-t-time c-c-can b-be s-s-sore, b-b-but ph-ph-physical th-th-therapy is h-h-helping."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]   Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Perrenial Flowers [Ilana/Raynor]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next