Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission

Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] Empty
PostSubject: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:25 pm

[Starbase Athena - Ilana's Quarters - One week after Ilana's operation]

Ilana glanced over at her heating rock almost longingly, but turned back to her task.  Three PADDs had been set out on the table along with her neatly folded uniform.  It was coming to the end of the last day of her forced medical leave, and she couldn't wait to get back to work.  Her hand reached up to touch the soft fuzz that had started to grow back over the section of her skull that had been shaved for the operation, her fingers trailing down the curve of the thin, black wire that lead down to her throat.  She could speak now, almost without a stammer.  She still had headaches, but it was a fair price to pay for her speech.

She straightened the pile of PADDs.  Raynor had seen to it that she couldn't get into the medical database or any of her personal files relating to any projects she had been working on.  He had been determined that she take this time to rest and recover from her surgery.

She had basically been climbing the walls by the third day, desperate to get back to work.

Smiling slightly to herself, the Cardassian stretched out her muscles and wandered over to the heating rock, picking up a blanket and snuggling up on the hard surface, enjoying the heat from the lamp.  Soon enough, the computer would wake her for Alpha shift and she would go back to sickbay.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 9:45 pm

[SB Athena]

Quietly letting himself into Ilana's quarters, Raynor moved with the easy stealth of someone who wasn't necessarily sneaking, but...knew how to be quiet. People often thought of Klingons only as brutes who smashed through when stepping carefully would better suit. That stereotype had a lot of truth behind it, of course...but the warrior who knew not discretion often made a loud and dead example of himself.

He nodded to Sasha, who watched with reptilian disinterest from the side of the large rock that occupied a goodly portion of the room. Beside the snake was curled the other main occupant of these quarters - Ilana Telak. Her recovery since the operation had been stellar, but Raynor knew that the medically-imposed leave was coming to an end. And so he'd seen to it that it was extended another week. The Klingon would have preferred to see that leave drawn out a full month, but even though he seemed to act like a big, firing gun around Ilana, he truly did know how far he could push her.

Raynor reached into his pocket and pulled out a protein solid, tossing it to the bright magenta Weeper plant, which purred in satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 3:36 am

Ilana's eyes snapped open as she heard the weeper cooing and purring in delight, sitting up on her heating rock and scanning the gloom for any sign of an intruder. She spotted the dark figure over by the weeper.

"C-computer! Lights!" she yelped, clutching her blanket around her. The computer bleeped an acknowledgement and her quarters were illuminated. The figure was revealed to be none other than Raynor Hughes, her best friend. She relaxed again, smiling at him. R-Raynor? It is late. Why are y-you here?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 7:04 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
Ilana's eyes snapped open as she heard the weeper cooing and purring in delight, sitting up on her heating rock and scanning the gloom for any sign of an intruder.  She spotted the dark figure over by the weeper.

"C-computer!  Lights!" she yelped, clutching her blanket around her.  The computer bleeped an acknowledgement and her quarters were illuminated. The figure was revealed to be none other than Raynor Hughes, her best friend.  She relaxed again, smiling at him.  R-Raynor?  It is late.  Why are y-you here?"

"Actually," Raynor said, shrugging slightly, "it is early. Specifically, about one half hour before Alpha Shift begins." He moved over toward the couch that sat perpendicular to the heating rock, leaning against it. "But that doesn't have any meaning for you...at least, not for another week." The Klingon took up another protein solid, arching it through the air and grinning as the Weeper plant caught it, much like a dog would a frisbee. It was a game he often played, back when he owned the very same plant.

Raynor turned back to Ilana, his face somewhere between triumphant and apologetic. She wasn't going to like it...but it was for her own good. "Your leave has been extended one week, with express orders to vacate this station...and semblance of work. Get packed, pretty bird...your 'shore leave' just became literal."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 5:15 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Actually," Raynor said, shrugging slightly, "it is early.  Specifically, about one half hour before Alpha Shift begins."  He moved over toward the couch that sat perpendicular to the heating rock, leaning against it.  "But that doesn't have any meaning for you...at least, not for another week."  The Klingon took up another protein solid, arching it through the air and grinning as the Weeper plant caught it, much like a dog would a frisbee.  It was a game he often played, back when he owned the very same plant.

Raynor turned back to Ilana, his face somewhere between triumphant and apologetic.  She wasn't going to like it...but it was for her own good.  "Your leave has been extended one week, with express orders to vacate this station...and semblance of work.  Get packed, pretty bird...your 'shore leave' just became literal."

"Y-you did what?!"

Her own outburst came as quite a surprise to the Cardassian, but it was soon replaced by irritation. Why had Raynor gone and done that? She had taken a week off, albeit grudgingly and complaining at every corner.

It took her a moment to gather her thoughts, during which she gazed almost longingly at the items she had carefully prepared the night before in anticipation of returning to duty, before looking back at Raynor. "If I l-leave the s-station, who w-will look after S-Sasha and Squeetoo?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 10:32 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

"Y-you did what?!"

Her own outburst came as quite a surprise to the Cardassian, but it was soon replaced by irritation.  Why had Raynor gone and done that?  She had taken a week off, albeit grudgingly and complaining at every corner.

It took her a moment to gather her thoughts, during which she gazed almost longingly at the items she had carefully prepared the night before in anticipation of returning to duty, before looking back at Raynor.  "If I l-leave the s-station, who w-will look after S-Sasha and Squeetoo?"

Well, Raynor thought, walking over toward where the snake lay under the lamp, close to Ilana. At least it's 'who will take care of my stuff' and not 'I'm not going'... Sasha looked back at him, round, black eyes unblinking through their ocular shields. "Chief Ruul," he said, referring to the station's Science Officer, "is trained in reptile study, and can feed the Weeper for a week. Snakes, as you know, don't really need much more attention than food and water. They'll both be fine."

He couldn't help but notice how subdued her stutter was. Perhaps this mad plan with the Borg tech might work, after all. It would make all of her suffering worth it. "You can take some padds with you, for reading," he said, nodding toward the pile. "Beaches are said to be very relaxing for such activities. And Risa...certainly has beaches."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 3:33 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Well, Raynor thought, walking over toward where the snake lay under the lamp, close to Ilana.  At least it's 'who will take care of my stuff' and not 'I'm not going'...  Sasha looked back at him, round, black eyes unblinking through their ocular shields.  "Chief Ruul," he said, referring to the station's Science Officer, "is trained in reptile study, and can feed the Weeper for a week.  Snakes, as you know, don't really need much more attention than food and water.  They'll both be fine."

He couldn't help but notice how subdued her stutter was.  Perhaps this mad plan with the Borg tech might work, after all.  It would make all of her suffering worth it.  "You can take some padds with you, for reading," he said, nodding toward the pile.  "Beaches are said to be very relaxing for such activities.  And Risa...certainly has beaches."

The Cardassian gave a slight shudder at the thought of lying on a beach. She always looked out of place there, mainly because she tended to be fully clothed around masses of bikinis and swim shorts. She reached down, running a slender hand over Sasha's body, following the line of the scales. And they were apparently going to Risa no less! She had never been, but hearing other people talk about the holiday resort planet had convinced her that it was the last place she wanted to go.

"I w-want to go b-back on duty, Raynor," she stated.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 9:30 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The Cardassian gave a slight shudder at the thought of lying on a beach.  She always looked out of place there, mainly because she tended to be fully clothed around masses of bikinis and swim shorts.  She reached down, running a slender hand over Sasha's body, following the line of the scales.  And they were apparently going to Risa no less!  She had never been, but hearing other people talk about the holiday resort planet had convinced her that it was the last place she wanted to go.

"I w-want to go b-back on duty, Raynor," she stated.

Raynor sighed, smiling with a soft tinge of sadness as he shook his head. "I know, Lana. Believe me...by this point, I know." He glanced to the snake, and then to her owner. "But you need more time to recover before throwing yourself back into your god damn work! Things won't fall apart here if you're gone for a week."

He got up, reaching to pick up one of her padds, shaking his head again as he laid it back down. "I know what you're thinking about Risa...yes, it is everything you've heard, but there are more secluded, more private beaches. And," he said, a devilish look crossing his face, "they have botany expeditions."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 3:54 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Raynor sighed, smiling with a soft tinge of sadness as he shook his head. "I know, Lana. Believe me...by this point, I know." He glanced to the snake, and then to her owner. "But you need more time to recover before throwing yourself back into your god damn work! Things won't fall apart here if you're gone for a week."

He got up, reaching to pick up one of her padds, shaking his head again as he laid it back down. "I know what you're thinking about Risa...yes, it is everything you've heard, but there are more secluded, more private beaches. And," he said, a devilish look crossing his face, "they have botany expeditions."

Ilana huffed, folding her arms and looking away from the Klingon. This was just typical of him. Just typical! Why wouldn't he let her go back to work when she felt ready to take it on again.

"Wh-why would r-recovering on Risa be any d-different to recovering here?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 6:16 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana huffed, folding her arms and looking away from the Klingon.  This was just typical of him.  Just typical!  Why wouldn't he let her go back to work when she felt ready to take it on again.  

"Wh-why would r-recovering on Risa be any d-different to recovering here?"

"Because," the Klingon responded, hardly missing a beat, "when you're here, you won't be relaxing. Look at how you're straining like a chained monster dog, even though you know that you still need rest. And don't give me that face," he frowned, "you're a medical professional...you know exactly what I'm talking about." Raynor's face lit into a feral-looking grin. What was that human idiom? Oh, right. "So don't pee on my leg and tell me it's a rainstorm."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 1:48 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Because," the Klingon responded, hardly missing a beat, "when you're here, you won't be relaxing.  Look at how you're straining like a chained monster dog, even though you know that you still need rest.  And don't give me that face," he frowned, "you're a medical professional...you know exactly what I'm talking about."  Raynor's face lit into a feral-looking grin.  What was that human idiom?  Oh, right.  "So don't pee on my leg and tell me it's a rainstorm."

Ilana cast the Klingon a confused look as he used a human idiom that she wasn't familiar with. It was a particularly vulgar one as well.

"I w-would not..." she stopped herself, shaking her head. It was probably best not to continue down that line of discussion. She sighed heavily, sitting down on the rock again. "F-fine. I'll g-go, but I w-won't enjoy it."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:16 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana cast the Klingon a confused look as he used a human idiom that she wasn't familiar with.  It was a particularly vulgar one as well.

"I w-would not..." she stopped herself, shaking her head.  It was probably best not to continue down that line of discussion.  She sighed heavily, sitting down on the rock again.  "F-fine.  I'll g-go, but I w-won't enjoy it."

"I know you wouldn't," Raynor glibly replied. "But, in case you ever decide to...know that it won't fool me." He bent over, picking up a pile of padds that she'd obviously been reading. "You can take...eh, half of these, so choose wisely. Can't have you spending all your time with a nose in the screen, hm?"

Nodding, Raynor moved back toward the door. "I'll brief Ruul one last time on his duties as caretaker for Sasha and Squeetoo. I think he'll get the message that it's a job that he's...not to take lightly. After which, I'll see you in thirty minutes' time at the shuttle bay. Admiral Stark has signed off on us taking one of the runabouts."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"I know you wouldn't," Raynor glibly replied.  "But, in case you ever decide to...know that it won't fool me."  He bent over, picking up a pile of padds that she'd obviously been reading.  "You can take...eh, half of these, so choose wisely.  Can't have you spending all your time with a nose in the screen, hm?"

Nodding, Raynor moved back toward the door.  "I'll brief Ruul one last time on his duties as caretaker for Sasha and Squeetoo.  I think he'll get the message that it's a job that he's...not to take lightly.  After which, I'll see you in thirty minutes' time at the shuttle bay.  Admiral Stark has signed off on us taking one of the runabouts."

[30 Minutes Later - Shuttlebay]

Ilana had grumbled under her breath for the entire time that it took for her to get together the necessary belongings for a week's vacation. The Cardassian shuddered. A week's vacation. She couldn't remember the last time she had left for that long and it hadn't been for work.

Her duffel was unsurprisingly sparse of anything other than PADDs, more than Raynor had said that she was allowed, and essential clothing, all of which followed the usual fitting specs as her uniform: long sleeves, long trousers and baggy.

Clutching the strap of her bag, she almost tiptoed into the shuttlebay, looking around for the large form of her best friend.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 3:11 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

[30 Minutes Later - Shuttlebay]

Ilana had grumbled under her breath for the entire time that it took for her to get together the necessary belongings for a week's vacation.  The Cardassian shuddered.  A week's vacation.  She couldn't remember the last time she had left for that long and it hadn't been for work.

Her duffel was unsurprisingly sparse of anything other than PADDs, more than Raynor had said that she was allowed, and essential clothing, all of which followed the usual fitting specs as her uniform:  long sleeves, long trousers and baggy.

Clutching the strap of her bag, she almost tiptoed into the shuttlebay, looking around for the large form of her best friend.

Shouldering his pack, Raynor smiled to a few crewmembers that he knew in passing, especially favoring the Caitian that he did not know. At least...not yet. With all the crew that passed through here, the station was a veritable galactic crossroads. And one that can do without the two of us for a while, the Klingon thought, turning the corner and entering the shuttle bay.

"Ah. You're early," he said, grinning broadly as he approached Ilana. Of course, being surprised at a Cardassian's punctuality was like not knowing water was wet. "Let's go, then." He cast a critical eye at her duffel bag, noting that it seemed much more full of hard-cornerd objects than clothing. "Lots of padds, I see..." Raynor cocked an eyebrow, shaking his head with a little laugh. "Very well. You'll have to try as much new food as you can on this trip, Lana. We've gotta get some meat back on your bones."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Shouldering his pack, Raynor smiled to a few crewmembers that he knew in passing, especially favoring the Caitian that he did not know.  At least...not yet.  With all the crew that passed through here, the station was a veritable galactic crossroads.  And one that can do without the two of us for a while, the Klingon thought, turning the corner and entering the shuttle bay.

"Ah.  You're early," he said, grinning broadly as he approached Ilana.  Of course, being surprised at a Cardassian's punctuality was like not knowing water was wet.  "Let's go, then."  He cast a critical eye at her duffel bag, noting that it seemed much more full of hard-cornerd objects than clothing.  "Lots of padds, I see..." Raynor cocked an eyebrow, shaking his head with a little laugh.  "Very well.  You'll have to try as much new food as you can on this trip, Lana.  We've gotta get some meat back on your bones."

Ilana, who had been half hidden behind one of the stored shuttlecraft, looked up at the sound of Raynor's voice and smiled in relief. She didn't really like hanging around the shuttlebay. She felt even smaller than she already was and the pilots tended to give her strange looks.

She scanned his attire, the Klingon having changed out of his regular KDF uniform into his off-duty clothes. He should have looked out of place, but Ilana felt as if she stood out more than he did, despite the fact that she was still wearing her starfleet uniform.

She pulled a face at the thought of having to try different foods and put on weight. She knew that Raynor worried about how much she was eating and how much weight she had lost in the last few months, especially since he had resigned his commission, when she had dropped a lot of body mass, but she still wasn't looking forward to eating on the Klingon's schedule. Knowing him, there were a lot of heavy meals in her future.

"Sh-shall we get going?" she asked, of the opinion that the sooner they got this started, the sooner they would be back.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 4:26 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana, who had been half hidden behind one of the stored shuttlecraft, looked up at the sound of Raynor's voice and smiled in relief.  She didn't really like hanging around the shuttlebay.  She felt even smaller than she already was and the pilots tended to give her strange looks.

She scanned his attire, the Klingon having changed out of his regular KDF uniform into his off-duty clothes.  He should have looked out of place, but Ilana felt as if she stood out more than he did, despite the fact that she was still wearing her starfleet uniform.

She pulled a face at the thought of having to try different foods and put on weight.  She knew that Raynor worried about how much she was eating and how much weight she had lost in the last few months, especially since he had resigned his commission, when she had dropped a lot of body mass, but she still wasn't looking forward to eating on the Klingon's schedule.  Knowing him, there were a lot of heavy meals in her future.

"Sh-shall we get going?" she asked, of the opinion that the sooner they got this started, the sooner they would be back.

[Runabout - USS Bosch]
[Later]

Their coordinates set in, there was little left to do but wait, so Raynor gladly turned the ship over to the autopilot system. He honestly had never been that interested in piloting, approaching it from a rather rudimentary state of mind.

Raynor quietly slipped out of the main seat, keying in a mug of red lead tea in the replicator, along with hot raktajino for himself. Ilana had barely said a word since their trip began, and not for the first time did Raynor question whether this had been a wise idea or not. People tended to assume that Raynor enjoyed pressing his will against others, and had thought that for his whole life. It was hard not to think that, when someone stood close to six feet tall by age eleven. Still...he knew damn well that, if given the choice, Ilana would work herself to death. Possibly literally. Annoying his friend was a trade-off he was willing to take.

"We'll be there in a few hours," he said, handing her the mug. "You...um. Might want to change into something other than your duty uniform."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Runabout - USS Bosch]
[Later]

Their coordinates set in, there was little left to do but wait, so Raynor gladly turned the ship over to the autopilot system.  He honestly had never been that interested in piloting, approaching it from a rather rudimentary state of mind.

Raynor quietly slipped out of the main seat, keying in a mug of red lead tea in the replicator, along with hot raktajino for himself.  Ilana had barely said a word since their trip began, and not for the first time did Raynor question whether this had been a wise idea or not.  People tended to assume that Raynor enjoyed pressing his will against others, and had thought that for his whole life.  It was hard not to think that, when someone stood close to six feet tall by age eleven.  Still...he knew damn well that, if given the choice, Ilana would work herself to death.  Possibly literally.  Annoying his friend was a trade-off he was willing to take.

"We'll be there in a few hours," he said, handing her the mug.  "You...um.  Might want to change into something other than your duty uniform."

Ilana had been sat in the co-piot's chair, quite happy to leave the actual piloting of the craft to Raynor. She had never really under stood how these things worked and had only scraped past her flying exams at the Academy. She was a doctor, not a dogfighter.

She lifted her nose from the PADD she was reading as Raynor got up from his seat, her green eyes tracking his movements over the top of the device. She set it down as he handed her the mug of tea though, giving him a grateful smile.

"Th-thank you," she said, taking a sip and savouring the strong taste. That smile quickly faded as he suggested that she change out of her uniform though, turning into a scowl. "Wh-what's wring with m-my uniform?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 4:48 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana had been sat in the co-piot's chair, quite happy to leave the actual piloting of the craft to Raynor.  She had never really under stood how these things worked and had only scraped past her flying exams at the Academy.  She was a doctor, not a dogfighter.

She lifted her nose from the PADD she was reading as Raynor got up from his seat, her green eyes tracking his movements over the top of the device.  She set it down as he handed her the mug of tea though, giving him a grateful smile.

"Th-thank you," she said, taking a sip and savouring the strong taste.  That smile quickly faded as he suggested that she change out of her uniform though, turning into a scowl.  "Wh-what's wring with m-my uniform?"

[Runabout]

"Ah...yeah," Raynor said, after a long pull of his raktajino. This was already starting to feel like one of those conversations where he tried to explain the obvious. The aforementioned 'water/wet'...

Smiling, Raynor leaned back in his chair, finding a more comfortable position. It was hard to do. Who did they size these damn things for, anyway? Ferengi? "You're on vacation, Lana. Shore leave. Which means, we're not on duty. Ergo...we're not wearing duty uniforms. Besides," he shrugged, "you'll stand out like a targ in a Deltan pleasure house if you start walking around in full Starfleet regalia."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:00 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Runabout]

"Ah...yeah," Raynor said, after a long pull of his raktajino.  This was already starting to feel like one of those conversations where he tried to explain the obvious.  The aforementioned 'water/wet'...

Smiling, Raynor leaned back in his chair, finding a more comfortable position.  It was hard to do.  Who did they size these damn things for, anyway?  Ferengi?  "You're on vacation, Lana.  Shore leave.  Which means, we're not on duty.  Ergo...we're not wearing duty uniforms.  Besides," he shrugged, "you'll stand out like a targ in a Deltan pleasure house if you start walking around in full Starfleet regalia."

Ilana considered Raynor's words for a moment, testing them for any holes in his logic that she could poke at and somehow continue to wear her uniform, but she had to cede that one to the Klingon.

Glaring at him, she picked up her duffle and stalked into the back of the runabout to change out of her uniform.

A few minutes later, she stomped back into the cockpit. Her uniform had been replaced a knee-length skirt and long-sleeved shirt. The Cardassian looked distinctly uncomfortable as she sat down again, folding her arms over her chest.

"H-happy now?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:21 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana considered Raynor's words for a moment, testing them for any holes in his logic that she could poke at and somehow continue to wear her uniform, but she had to cede that one to the Klingon.

Glaring at him, she picked up her duffle and stalked into the back of the runabout to change out of her uniform.

A few minutes later, she stomped back into the cockpit.  Her uniform had been replaced a knee-length skirt and long-sleeved shirt.  The Cardassian looked distinctly uncomfortable as she sat down again, folding her arms over her chest.

"H-happy now?"

Taking another sip of his coffee, Raynor was about to comment that their current situation was very similar to the one in which they'd first met each other - stuck in a runabout and drinking coffee and tea. However, before he could even open his mouth, the Cardassian stomped into the back end of the ship, making as much noise as her small frame would allow.

After a few moments, the bemused Klingon raised an eyebrow as Ilana stomped back in, huffing into her chair somewhat like a sulking child. "You're on shore leave, you're going to relax, and you're going to take care of yourself...of course I'm happy," he quietly said, before adding, "...you look lovely."

Sighing, Raynor finished off his coffee, setting the metallic cup down with a soft clang. He turned back to Ilana, a sad smile settling onto his face. "You probably think I'm a real jackass...don't you?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:26 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Taking another sip of his coffee, Raynor was about to comment that their current situation was very similar to the one in which they'd first met each other - stuck in a runabout and drinking coffee and tea.  However, before he could even open his mouth, the Cardassian stomped into the back end of the ship, making as much noise as her small frame would allow.

After a few moments, the bemused Klingon raised an eyebrow as Ilana stomped back in, huffing into her chair somewhat like a sulking child.  "You're on shore leave, you're going to relax, and you're going to take care of yourself...of course I'm happy," he quietly said, before adding, "...you look lovely."

Sighing, Raynor finished off his coffee, setting the metallic cup down with a soft clang.  He turned back to Ilana, a sad smile settling onto his face.  "You probably think I'm a real jackass...don't you?"

Ilana primly crossed her legs, picking up her cup of tea again and taking a sip. Thankfully, it hadn't had all that much time to cool down, meaning that it was still nice and hot. Cold red leaf tea was absolutely disgusting.

She sighed heavily as Raynor spoke again, setting the teacup down on the console. "At t-times," she admitted quietly. "Y-you stop me doing wh-what I need to do."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana primly crossed her legs, picking up her cup of tea again and taking a sip.  Thankfully, it hadn't had all that much time to cool down, meaning that it was still nice and hot.  Cold red leaf tea was absolutely disgusting.

She sighed heavily as Raynor spoke again, setting the teacup down on the console.  "At t-times," she admitted quietly.  "Y-you stop me doing wh-what I need to do."

Well, Raynor thought, it's apparent that she's not had a lot of experience wearing a *skirt*. He wasn't sure if she had much experience wearing much but a uniform. That was one of the purposes of this trip, though.

"I stop you," he said, folding his arms, "from doing stupid things. From hurting yourself out of this...sense of invincibility you have. You think that only other people get worn down, drive themselves to exhaustion, and burn out. You somehow think that everything you know about the body doesn't apply to you. For that," he said, shrugging, "I'd be a jackass a thousand times over, every time."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Well, Raynor thought, it's apparent that she's not had a lot of experience wearing a *skirt*.  He wasn't sure if she had much experience wearing much but a uniform.  That was one of the purposes of this trip, though.

"I stop you," he said, folding his arms, "from doing stupid things.  From hurting yourself out of this...sense of invincibility you have.  You think that only other people get worn down, drive themselves to exhaustion, and burn out.  You somehow think that everything you know about the body doesn't apply to you.  For that," he said, shrugging, "I'd be a jackass a thousand times over, every time."

The scales above Ilana's right eye shifted upwards slightly as she surveyed the Klingon opposite her. She had to wonder how much he would put up with before he washed his hand of her, but she set those thoughts to one side.

She mused that she couldn't really blame him. She wouldn't hesitate to hypo him into unconsciousness if she thought that he was pushing himself too hard. Was it too big a leap of imagination that he would do the same for her? He had certainly threatened to often enough.

In the end, she humphed quietly. "We h-have different views of wh-what constitutes 'p-pushing oneself too hard'."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:08 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The scales above Ilana's right eye shifted upwards slightly as she surveyed the Klingon  opposite her.  She had to wonder how much he would put up with before he washed his hand of her, but she set those thoughts to one side.  

She mused that she couldn't really blame him.  She wouldn't hesitate to hypo him into unconsciousness if she thought that he was pushing himself too hard.  Was it too big a leap of imagination that he would do the same for her?  He had certainly threatened to often enough.

In the end, she humphed quietly.  "We h-have different views of wh-what constitutes 'p-pushing oneself too hard'."

"I daresay we do," Raynor said, his voice a low rumble. It concerned him, sometimes...the fact that he pushed her so hard. How much would she take? How long before she finally told him what to go do with himself, that she'd had enough of his pestering? He would respect her wishes, of course, though it would feel as if his heart were shattered cold, like in the one Klingon opera.

Raynor stretched again, folding his hands behind his head. "But...that's not what we're concentrating on, this week. We're going to have a good time, Lana, even if it kills us."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 2:56 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"I daresay we do," Raynor said, his voice a low rumble. It concerned him, sometimes...the fact that he pushed her so hard. How much would she take? How long before she finally told him what to go do with himself, that she'd had enough of his pestering? He would respect her wishes, of course, though it would feel as if his heart were shattered cold, like in the one Klingon opera.

Raynor stretched again, folding his hands behind his head. "But...that's not what we're concentrating on, this week. We're going to have a good time, Lana, even if it kills us."

Ilana looked down at her hands, folded on her lap. While she couldn't make out that the words in the low rumble, she could guess that it wasn't meant for her ears.

She was surprised to hear his next, louder words though. 'Have fun, even if it kills us'? That didn't make much sense to her. Wasn't it a little counter productive, not to mention a bad idea?

"If it k-kills us?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]   Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unwanted Vacation [Raynor/Ilana]
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next