Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest

Go down 
+17
Gabriel Arthur
Corman Stark
Ezac
Persephone M'Rai
Jiseth
Julia Rellek
Stefan Ives
Archangel T'Koris
Leela Kaz
Zero Alpha
Ilana Telak
Tufezr Nefen
Safefta Pardek
George Warden
T'Lara
Nelkar Epath
Kaitlin Dexter
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 7:50 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Turning her attention back to Jiseth, she nodded her head once.  "If you have any ideas on how to get this battle back in our favour, Lieutenant, I'm all ears," she said before lifting her voice to address the rest of the bridge.  "That goes for everyone."

"We may not have torpedoes, but we can take some of these asteroids in a tractor beam. The weapons currently fitted still have enough energy to-"

Julia Rellek wrote:

"Sir." She interrupted. "What do you think the Romulans would do if they thought there ship was in danger?" She had a plan, but it all depended on whether or not the Romulans would take the bait.

I will throw you into the engine core and you can think about how that was a mistake while finding yourself being compressed into a quantum state.

The Romulan's mouth drew closed. Her eyes shifted from the Captain to the other Lieutenant. For a brief moment she wondered what the human would be thinking if she thought she were in danger. The very question posed was insulting to the flight officer.

Humans always seemed so ineptly racist. Perhaps they mean well, but when one talks about things such as inalienable human rights Jiseth would often have to leave her response as silence and hope the clenched fists got the message across. Stereotyping would get them no where. Federation tactics mirrored the Romulans in this situation as both factions had functioning brains.

She did not react, however, more than she already had. There was not quite a scowl on her face, but all the same. Maybe the other Lieutenant had misspoken as once before during a previous mission. Maybe Jiseth herself was over reacting. Her attention shifted back to T'Koris.

Go ahead, tell her. What's something only we uniquely devious Romulans would do?
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 6:40 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
"Oh..." Gavin said, frowning softly.  "These ships probably don't utilize plasma coolant, anyway, since there's no dilithium matrices.  Uh...never mind, it was just an idea."  He certainly didn't want to elaborate on the fact that he'd just suggested that the warbird use its incredible size advantage to pummel their home ship into submission.  Captain T'Koris was an engineer, once.  He forgot just how territorial and sentimental those types could be.  "I'll just be over here.  Scanning."

[Warbird - Bridge]

The Captain felt a little sorry for the young science officer who was apparently realising that he had just made a rather large mistake in suggesting that they turn the warbird into a battering ram in order to take out their own ship. That was perhaps the definition of 'overkill' for their situation.

Before she could answer him, however, Julia piped up:

Julia Rellek wrote:
"Sir." She interrupted. "What do you think the Romulans would do if they thought there ship was in danger?" She had a plan, but it all depended on whether or not the Romulans would take the bait.

Jiseth wrote:
She did not react, however, more than she already had. There was not quite a scowl on her face, but all the same. Maybe the other Lieutenant had misspoken as once before during a previous mission. Maybe Jiseth herself was over reacting. Her attention shifted back to T'Koris.

Go ahead, tell her. What's something only we uniquely devious Romulans would do?

As soon as Julia had spoken, Archangel's eyes flicked to Jiseth to take in her reaction. As the only Romulan on the bridge who had actually served in the Imperial Fleet, she was likely the only one who would know how they would react. The faint scowl was enough to let her know that it wouldn't be a good idea, even if she was thinking of considering it.

"We will not be finding out, Lieutenant," she replied. "We still have to-"

She didn't manage to finish her sentence before one of the bridge officers called out that the Phoenix had left the nebula and was approaching fast. Instead, Archangel swore under her breath. Apparently, the Romulans were extremely good at tracking their own vessels.

"I think we've just run out of time to plan, everyone!"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela let out a slight smirk at the Science Officer's assertion of bussard collectors. She shot Gabe a crooked smile and flashed him a slight wink. After he closed the channel with the bridge she spoke up. "There goes those bridge officers again." She had always had a certain level of contempt for bridge officer. They never seemed to understand the complexities of what they ordered, but she decided to hide her true feelings. She accessed the vessels scoops and looked back up at Gabe. "I think I've got them Gabe." She pointed at her screen. "Now any ideas of how to deploy them to pick up the gasses?"

[Engineering]

"I swear," Gabe muttered. "I wish I could tell if the ship's taking hits, or if these damn Romulan dampers are just making my stomach flip." He wondered how these people ate on these ships. Maybe that's why they're always a bunch of sour-asses.

He brought up two more screens, tapping between the two, glad that his elementary-level grasp on Romulan let him navigate a little quicker. "Increasing magnetic field generation. That should bring some gases in. Hopefully the eggheads can dig some sirillium out of the nebula."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 11:45 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

As soon as Julia had spoken, Archangel's eyes flicked to Jiseth to take in her reaction.  As the only Romulan on the bridge who had actually served in the Imperial Fleet, she was likely the only one who would know how they would react.  The faint scowl was enough to let her know that it wouldn't be a good idea, even if she was thinking of considering it.

"We will not be finding out, Lieutenant," she replied.  "We still have to-"

She didn't manage to finish her sentence before one of the bridge officers called out that the Phoenix had left the nebula and was approaching fast.  Instead, Archangel swore under her breath.  Apparently, the Romulans were extremely good at tracking their own vessels.

"I think we've just run out of time to plan, everyone!"

Julia could feel her colleagues eyes, they seemed to peer through her and deep inside her. For a moment she felt like an Ensign again. She was able to quickly shake it off and turn her attention to the incoming vessel.

She glanced down to her console and looked back to tactical. "Ensign Ezac, lock target on the Phoenix and be prepared to fire. Mr. Ives, assess their status. Maybe they've had as much trouble figuring out Starfleet systems." She looked down to Jiseth. "Lieutenant, time to intercept?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 11:56 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Engineering]

"I swear," Gabe muttered.  "I wish I could tell if the ship's taking hits, or if these damn Romulan dampers are just making my stomach flip."  He wondered how these people ate on these ships.  Maybe that's why they're always a bunch of sour-asses.

He brought up two more screens, tapping between the two, glad that his elementary-level grasp on Romulan let him navigate a little quicker.  "Increasing magnetic field generation.  That should bring some gases in.  Hopefully the eggheads can dig some sirillium out of the nebula."

"Would you like me to alert Sickbay to an incoming medical emergency?" She chuckled at her own joke.

She accessed the ships sensors to scan the nearby space. "Umm... Gabe." She looked up and the smile quickly fell from her face. "I don't think we're going to have time to worry about collecting gases. The Phoenix has found us."
Back to top Go down
Ezac
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 8:08 am

[Gannius - Bridge]

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia could feel her colleagues eyes, they seemed to peer through her and deep inside her. For a moment she felt like an Ensign again. She was able to quickly shake it off and turn her attention to the incoming vessel.

She glanced down to her console and looked back to tactical. "Ensign Ezac, lock target on the Phoenix and be prepared to fire. Mr. Ives, assess their status. Maybe they've had as much trouble figuring out Starfleet systems." She looked down to Jiseth. "Lieutenant, time to intercept?"

Ezac watched the screen as the Phoenix approached, a unique experience, to say the least. He quickly locked the targeting system on the Phoenix and turned to face Rellek.

"Locked on and prepared to fire. Just give the word."

He turned back toward his console and readied himself. Although some of the characters on the screen were beginning to feel familiar, he knew it was out of mere repetition that any of it made sense at all. That had to be good enough.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 2:57 pm

Ezac wrote:
Ezac watched the screen as the Phoenix approached, a unique experience, to say the least. He quickly locked the targeting system on the Phoenix and turned to face Rellek.

He turned back toward his console and readied himself. Although some of the characters on the screen were beginning to feel familiar, he knew it was out of mere repetition that any of it made sense at all. That had to be good enough.

[Warbird - Bridge]

It was a bizarre experience, seeing your own ship sailing out of the colours of the nebula, knowing full well that it was about to open fire on you. Archangel's finger tapped on the arm of the captain's chair, the only outward sign of the fact that her nerves were busy tying her stomach in knots.

Even knowing that she wasn't going to have to fire the phasers, giving the order to fire was going to be a difficult one. The Phoenix was their ship and, as a former Engineer, her pride and joy. However, this wasn't a time to let emotions cloud her judgement.

"Fire," she ordered.
Back to top Go down
Stefan Ives
Ensign
Ensign

Riker Award

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 8:45 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

Stefan conducted an offensive and defensive assessment of the Phoenix, reviewing the readouts as they streamed vertically across the display. "Sorry to disahppoint, Lieutenahnt, but it looks like theah shields ahe aht one hundred peahcent, ahlthough I'm detecting ah fluctuahtion in theah ahft ventrahl shield grid." He noted cautiously, analyzing the variance with a keen eye. "We mahy wahnnah focus ouah effoats theah...exploit this vulneahbility." He forwarded the information to Ezac's station, as well as to the Lieutenant's and commanding officer's.

Ezac wrote:

Accessing the targeting scanners, Stefan observed that Ezac had locked all weapons systems onto the Phoenix's aft shields. Their vector of approach would make Ezac's job all the more difficulty, but the Caitian behind the helm seemed a capable flight controller, which alleviated any concerns about ensuring the Gannius would be in position for their targeted strike.

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
"Fire," she ordered.

The Romulan warbird soared into position, strafing the Phoenix along its ventral port quarter, delivering several simulated phaser bursts before turning toward its aft. The instrument panel's registered several hits, with the most accumulated damage at the aft-ventral shield grid. "Ahft shields down to fifty-seven peahcent!" Stefan called out enthusiastically as the sensors registered several weapons impact against the targeted areas.
Back to top Go down
https://instagram.com/vince.raposa/
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 4:56 pm

Stefan Ives wrote:
The Romulan warbird soared into position, strafing the Phoenix along its ventral port quarter, delivering several simulated phaser bursts before turning toward its aft. The instrument panel's registered several hits, with the most accumulated damage at the aft-ventral shield grid. "Ahft shields down to fifty-seven peahcent!" Stefan called out enthusiastically as the sensors registered several weapons impact against the targeted areas.

[Warbird - Bridge]

Persephone's fur was quite literally standing on end as she brought the ship out of the dive under the Phoenix, making her look like the one time that she had tried to blow dry her fur and then had to use several jars of wax to try to get it to lie flat again. She had flown combat situations before, but never without a friend next to her and certainly not in a Romulan warbird she had only just set paws on a couple of hours ago.

"Brrrringing herrr arrround forrr anotherrrr shot!" she stated, tapping out the commands on the console and praying that they were the right ones for turning this tub around.

As the warbird started to climb into the turn, it rocked violently again. Persephone yowled in shock, trying to steady the ship.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 5:11 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:
As the warbird started to climb into the turn, it rocked violently again.  Persephone yowled in shock, trying to steady the ship.

[Warbird - Bridge]

The impact to the ship, while not managing to throw her out of the chair, still managed to throw Archangel for a loop. Narrowing her eyes, she looked to the other officers on the bridge.

"Can someone explain to me why we just got hit on the left while the Phoenix is on our right?" she barked. What she wasn't aware of was the Klingon Bird of Prey rising over their left side with all weapons locked and loaded on them.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 9:31 pm

[Engineering]

Gabriel quickly reached down as the ship shuddered, bracing himself against the ledge of computer station. "Good God," he muttered, shaking his head. "What in the hell are they doing up there?" It was a rhetorical question, but he genuinely wondered why the ship seemed to be getting the slobber knocked out of it. The dampers were straining to keep up.

A shower of sparks burst out from one of the consoles, but Gabriel's long-honed engineer's nerves allowed him to glance at it, assess that there was no immediate threat, and ignore it. "Make sure that...uh, doesn't catch something on fire. I'm re-routing aux power to the shielding."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Engineering]

Gabriel quickly reached down as the ship shuddered, bracing himself against the ledge of computer station.  "Good God," he muttered, shaking his head.  "What in the hell are they doing up there?"  It was a rhetorical question, but he genuinely wondered why the ship seemed to be getting the slobber knocked out of it.  The dampers were straining to keep up.

A shower of sparks burst out from one of the consoles, but Gabriel's long-honed engineer's nerves allowed him to glance at it, assess that there was no immediate threat, and ignore it.  "Make sure that...uh, doesn't catch something on fire.  I'm re-routing aux power to the shielding."

[Engineering]

"I'm on it." Leela jumped from her console and moved to the sparks. She reached the console and shielded her eyes as sparks seemed to pour from the compromised console. She pulled her tricorder and began to scan the area. She knew that it was probably technically against the rules to use a federation tricorder but she was partial to her personal device. She couldn't see anything that she would identify as a danger to the ship or crew. "I'll try to cut the pore flow and shut it off." She activated the closest console and attempted to re-destitute the power flow. A look of confusion flooded her face. "I can't figure out how to shut the damned thing down." She dismissively waved towards the console. "To hell with it, we'll be fine. Its not hurting anything."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 2:42 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Can someone explain to me why we just got hit on the left while the Phoenix is on our right?" she barked.  What she wasn't aware of was the Klingon Bird of Prey rising over their left side with all weapons locked and loaded on them.

[Warbird - Bridge]

While T'Koris was able to remain seated, Jiseth was not so lucky. The impact lifted her from her seat and she momentarily saw the floor and ceiling rotate nearly vertical. She landed with a thud on her left arm and a pop sounded as well. There was a momentary shriek before she clenched her jaw, letting out a long vented exhale.

Propping herself up with her right arm, she adjusted her legs and half stood before stumbling to the helm console. As she leaned over it with her left arm dangling, Jiseth eye's focused on the sensors.

"Bird of Prey to aft port quarter! Shall we hail them?"

She looked over her good shoulder to the Captain, stifling what she could of the pain. Too early to be dragged out of the fight now.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Jiseth wrote:
While T'Koris was able to remain seated, Jiseth was not so lucky. The impact lifted her from her seat and she momentarily saw the floor and ceiling rotate nearly vertical. She landed with a thud on her left arm and a pop sounded as well. There was a momentary shriek before she clenched her jaw, letting out a long vented exhale.

Propping herself up with her right arm, she adjusted her legs and half stood before stumbling to the helm console. As she leaned over it with her left arm dangling, Jiseth eye's focused on the sensors.

"Bird of Prey to aft port quarter! Shall we hail them?"

She looked over her good shoulder to the Captain, stifling what she could of the pain. Too early to be dragged out of the fight now.

[Warbird - Bridge]

Hearing that a Klingon Bird of Prey was hanging off their port side was probably the last thing that Archangel wanted to hear when she was sitting on an unknown ship whose weapons were severely limited.

"Bridge to sickbay, I need a medic up here as soon as you can," she called. "Tactical, I need an analysis of that ship and Jiseth, take a seat until the medics can get up here and take a look at that arm."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 4:37 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Hearing that a Klingon Bird of Prey was hanging off their port side was probably the last thing that Archangel wanted to hear when she was sitting on an unknown ship whose weapons were severely limited.  

"Bridge to sickbay, I need a medic up here as soon as you can," she called.  "Tactical, I need an analysis of that ship and Jiseth, take a seat until the medics can get up here and take a look at that arm."

[IRW Gannius-Sickbay]

"On my way." And there it was, the inevitable medical emergency. Sighing, Kintiss packed the medical tricorder into a medkit, along with a hypospray and some other medical equipment, or, at least, what looked like medical equipment.

"Sssstay here, I'll be back ssssoon," he said to Zero as he left Sickbay and searched for the turbolift. He found it fairly quickly and programmed it for the bridge. The turbolift lurched upwards and Kintiss prepared himself. Hopefully this medical emergency wouldn't involve amputation.

The turbolift doors opened and he stepped onto the Romulan bridge, opening the medkit and readying the medical tricorder. "What happened?"
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 7:41 pm

[Bridge]

Fortunately, Gavin had been seated when the incoming fire strafed the ship, so he just got rattled. It looked like Jiseth hadn't been so lucky, though, even if she was back on her feet. One other thing that was apparent was that all the talk about hiding and utilizing gases and the like had just turned moot. He quietly switched mental gears, calling up more specs for the ship. Something wasn't right about this...something beyond the fact that Klingons apparently were attacking them.

"Captain!" he said, turning to face the center chair. "Whatever the reason for this, we likely should figure something out, and quick! Klingons are nuts, but still...a single Bird-of-Prey taking on a D'deridex warbird? It's a logical assumption that there are more out there!"
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 11:27 pm

Kintiss wrote:

The turbolift doors opened and he stepped onto the Romulan bridge, opening the medkit and readying the medical tricorder. "What happened?"

[Warbird - Bridge]

"Never mind what happened, just get my arm back in it's socket!"

The pain was starting to wear on Jiseth's already curt demeanor. If she had it her way she'd beam onto the attacking ship and request about 90 seconds alone time with it's crew. With her disruptor. For purely diplomatic reasons of course.

Her right hand stabbed at the console screen as she sorted through the various sensor scopes. Blindsided again, like the last mission, and she was furious about it. She looked to her Ensign at the helm as fire burst from between her lips.

"Come about and get us to face them!"
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 12:25 am

[Bridge]

Julia clenched her console as the hit to the vessel knocked her onto her knees. Her hair fell from its carefully manicured location and down into her eyes. She used the console as leverage to pull herself back to her feet. She brushed her hair out of her eyes and quickly ran through her console.

"Gavin is probably right." She added above the noises of the bridge. "Engineering has already re-routed power to the shields. Gavin, take the simulation program offline." She turned and looked to the tactical personnel. "Bring the weapons to full power!" She yelled to ensure the bridge crew heard her orders.
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 3:50 pm

[Starbase Athena - Observation Room]

Stark watched the holographic display of the war games over steepled fingers.  He had never been a big fan of spectator sports, but this certainly felt like it.  Perhaps even an old-style pugilistic match.  It made him want to shadow-box some rights and lefts, right along with the two ships.  There wasn't much else to do, after all - his Romulan counterpart had barely said two words once the games had commenced.  

The sudden chime of proximity notifiers brought Stark bolt upright, watching as another ship entered the display field.  He didn't need the computer to tell him what kind it was...that surly-looking raptor could only be one thing.  "Who in the hell?" he muttered frowning concernedly at the statistical readouts.  "Those aren't goddamn blanks they're firing."  Stark shot a questioning look at the Romulan.  "I don't suppose you were expecting them, Commander?"
Back to top Go down
Ezac
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 4:25 pm

[Gannius Bridge]

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Warbird - Bridge]

"Bridge to sickbay, I need a medic up here as soon as you can," she called.  "Tactical, I need an analysis of that ship and Jiseth, take a seat until the medics can get up here and take a look at that arm."

The attack by the Bird of Prey surprised Ezac as much as everyone else. The jolt to the Gannius was enough to bump him around in his seat; however, he was no worse for the wear.  When he heard T'Koris' order, he quickly performed a scan of the Klingon vessel.

"Sir, the vessel is a K'Vort-class Bird of Prey. Their shields are up and holding steady at 100 percent."

Julia Rellek wrote:
[Bridge]

"Gavin is probably right." She added above the noises of the bridge. "Engineering has already re-routed power to the shields. Gavin, take the simulation program offline." She turned and looked to the tactical personnel. "Bring the weapons to full power!" She yelled to ensure the bridge crew heard her orders.

Ezac turned his attention to his console. With several quick taps on the screen, the weapons power was brought to its maximum setting. He turned to report to Rellek.

"Weapons at full power, sir!"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 8:39 pm

Ezac wrote:
The attack by the Bird of Prey surprised Ezac as much as everyone else. The jolt to the Gannius was enough to bump him around in his seat; however, he was no worse for the wear.  When he heard T'Koris' order, he quickly performed a scan of the Klingon vessel.

"Sir, the vessel is a K'Vort-class Bird of Prey. Their shields are up and holding steady at 100 percent."

Ezac turned his attention to his console. With several quick taps on the screen, the weapons power was brought to its maximum setting. He turned to report to Rellek.

"Weapons at full power, sir!"

[Warbird - Bridge]

Even though wanted to let loose a string of curses at their situation, Archangel managed to clamp down on that urge and instead tried to think of some way out. Ezac had brought their weapons up to full power, but they had been restricted by the Romulans back at the Starbase to 10% of their power and wouldn't be able to be brought back up to 100% without several hours work at a base.

"Can we get a message back to Athena to call for back up? Ezac, work with M'Rai to try to keep this ship in one piece with those Klingons. They shouldn't be firing on the Phoenix given the treaty, but try to get a message to them as well. Even if we can't get through to the Athena, they might be able to!"
Back to top Go down
Ezac
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 10:28 pm

[Gannius - Bridge]

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Warbird - Bridge]

"Can we get a message back to Athena to call for back up?  Ezac, work with M'Rai to try to keep this ship in one piece with those Klingons.  They shouldn't be firing on the Phoenix given the treaty, but try to get a message to them as well.  Even if we can't get through to the Athena, they might be able to!"

"Consider it done." It was a clean, simple response to T'Koris, which is what Ezac always preferred. He was never one for convoluted responses that relied heavily upon an individual's efforts. Just make it happen. That is what is needed, he thought to himself as he approached the helm to discuss the matter with M'Rai.

He approached M'Rai from her left side and slightly to the rear, so he spoke up in an attempt to gain her attention.

"Pardon me, Ensign. Shall we formulate a plan of action?"
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 5:15 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Her right hand stabbed at the console screen as she sorted through the various sensor scopes. Blindsided again, like the last mission, and she was furious about it. She looked to her Ensign at the helm as fire burst from between her lips.

"Come about and get us to face them!"

Jiseth wrote:
He approached M'Rai from her left side and slightly to the rear, so he spoke up in an attempt to gain her attention.

"Pardon me, Ensign. Shall we formulate a plan of action?"

[Warbird - Bridge]

Manoeuvering the warbird was taking quite a bit of effort for Persephone as she worked the unfamiliar controls in an unfamiliar language. Bringing it around to face the bird of prey was quite a complex series of commands if one wasn't intimately familiar with them. That focus was what kept her from being aware of the Breen coming up beside her.

"MMREOW!" she yelped, jumping in the chair before turning to look at Ezac while mentally trying to get her fur to smooth down again. "Yes, I think we need a plan of action. Any ideas?"
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:30 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Warbird - Bridge]

Even though wanted to let loose a string of curses at their situation, Archangel managed to clamp down on that urge and instead tried to think of some way out.  Ezac had brought their weapons up to full power, but they had been restricted by the Romulans back at the Starbase to 10% of their power and wouldn't be able to be brought back up to 100% without several hours work at a base.

"Can we get a message back to Athena to call for back up?  Ezac, work with M'Rai to try to keep this ship in one piece with those Klingons.  They shouldn't be firing on the Phoenix given the treaty, but try to get a message to them as well.  Even if we can't get through to the Athena, they might be able to!"

[Bridge]

Julia accessed the communication systems and attempted to secure a link to both Athena and the Phoenix to no avail. "Sir, its a jamming signal... I can't cut through it." She worked trying to cuts through the signal. "I can't break through, Captain. Damned Klingon and their jamming signals. Why do they always insist on being difficult. Lieutenant Jiseth, see if can you get through it?"
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 12:15 am

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia accessed the communication systems and attempted to secure a link to both Athena and the Phoenix to no avail. "Sir, its a jamming signal... I can't cut through it." She worked trying to cuts through the signal. "I can't break through, Captain. Damned Klingon and their jamming signals. Why do they always insist on being difficult. Lieutenant Jiseth, see if can you get through it?"

[Warbird - Bridge]

"At this range, it's irrelevant!"

To her credit, they did not need the sensors. With only a few hundred meters the targeting process could be done manually. If she remembered correctly, Klingon captains had manual targeting stations. Only the one in the big chair claimed the kill thus bringing glory to the big chair. A simple, self-gratifying cycle that Romulans and most civil species would deem ill-fit for public display.

What shame would befall a Klingon who sat there with his gun sights on his most hated of enemies only to fail to take the shot. Something clicked in Jiseth's head. Training perhaps. There was just a numbness in her arm as she focused to try to keep up with one hand twirling and stabbing at the controls.

First came the lock which usually was a couple of buttons and the computer did the rest. Not now. Like trying to one-hand shoot a clay pigeon out of the air with an anti-aircraft gun it was. A proper story for Stark amid many spirits both joyful and distilled.

The targeting reticle hovered it open space and Jiseth waited like a fisherman before pulling to set the hook as the Bird of Prey moved closer to it. The moment it turned red she plowed her hand into the screen so hard it flickered with a slight crack. No weapon, but something better: the tractor beam.

"Capture!"

A slightly manic chuckle came from the Romulan Lieutenant.

"We've got them, sir! Their weapons will be half as effective now should they try to fire again, but now I think we have some leverage."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next