Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest

Go down 
+17
Gabriel Arthur
Corman Stark
Ezac
Persephone M'Rai
Jiseth
Julia Rellek
Stefan Ives
Archangel T'Koris
Leela Kaz
Zero Alpha
Ilana Telak
Tufezr Nefen
Safefta Pardek
George Warden
T'Lara
Nelkar Epath
Kaitlin Dexter
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 12:02 pm

George Warden wrote:

[Corridor]

Even if she'd calmed down, the woman' unpredictable nature still posed a significant danger to him if she decided to lash out again. Not that was doing so well with avoiding that, what with the girl's arms wrapped around his torso, still. Ah well. If she said she could make it to the office, he'd believe her for now.

"Alright, let's go," he said, gently peeling the girl's arms off of him and leading her down the hallway.

[Counselor's Office]

George's office didn't have much in the way of personal 'soothing' touches, but it was a small, warmly lit room with a comfortable set of chairs and couches around to be able to sit on. The counselor gestured her toward one of them, while making a turn towards the replicator perched on the wall of the office.

"What can I get you?" he asked.

Counselor's Office

"Coffee please." Kaitlin jumped onto one of the chairs scattered around the room and then curled herself up on the chair, resting her head on the arm of the chair and sitting in silence.

Her heart was beating extremely fast but it was slowing down and she felt a lot better than she did before. Kaitlin started fiddling with her hair. 'Whats he going to ask? What's he going to say? It's going to be fine stop worrying.'
Back to top Go down
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 3:18 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Briefing Room]

Turning to the voice that had spoken up, Archangel was faintly surprised to see that it was the ship's Vorta cadet.  The assignment of the cadet to her crew was a decision that had been quite difficult to accept, given that the Discovery had been out on the front lines during the various offensives made in the Dominion War.  It was taking quite a lot of self control to act as if the cadet was no different to anyone else on her crew.

"I'm afraid that the cloaking device on the warbird will have been deactivated and will be off limits to us.  We will not go near any of its systems.  The Star Empire's showing a lot of trust in us by agreeing to this exercise, just as we are in them.  I have to admit that I'm not sure either side is going to act in a manner worthy of that trust, but we will do our utmost to do so.

"What we will have access to, and have permission to have a good rifle through, is their library computers.  Lieutenant Rellek, Petty Officer T'Lara, I expect that there'll be enough data there to have you up to your eyeballs in new information for weeks.

"Engineering and operations, you're going to be very busy trying to figure out how this warbird works.  Cadet, you said you have some expertise on that subject, so you're going to join Lieutenant Jiseth and Ensign Pardek as advisors.

"Security and tactical, the weapons and shields will have been modified, but you're still going to have to get used to operating the Romulan systems.  Schedule as many drills as you think you'll need.  We'll be passing close to an asteroid belt on the way to the battlefield, so you can have a little target practise on the way past.

"Medical... Well, I'm hoping we won't need you all that much, to be honest, but I have no idea how this is going to turn out.  For all I know, you could only have to deal with someone twisting an ankle stepping off the turbolift or you could have a conduit blowout in Engineering.

"The Phoenix is being evacuated of all personnel, and all non-essential personnel will be staying on board the Athena.  You can be assured that all crew quarters will be sealed and you won't need anything.  We'll be using Romulan tools only.  If I see one Federation spanner on the warbird, the person holding it will be walking back to base, understood?  Now, if there are any questions, please bring them forward now, if not, I think I can dismiss this briefing."

T'Lara listened to the captain and perked up when she heard her name and department mentioned. She had never dealt with Romulan warbirds before, and the news that she would be able to freely read information about them was exciting. She was also pleased that she would be working with Lieutenant Rellek. At least she would have one person besides the captain who she would get to know. Introducing herself to the rest of the crew would have to wait until after the mission.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 9:53 pm

Julia nodded along as she heard the briefing for the war games. Operating a Romulan Warbird, it was an interesting prospect. When the Captain ordered T'lara to review the database Julia was quite pleased. She knew it would be the perfect opportunity to assess the performance of the latest addition to team and what better than a training exercise. She gave a slight no towards the Petty Officer and flashed a brief smile.

As the Admiral and Captain wrapped up their comments she swirled her chair slightly and looked to the Admiral. "Admiral... Sir." She began. "I am aware that relations with the Star Empire continue to improve. Do we expect this to be the first of many of these types of joint exercises?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 10:05 pm

The young Trill listened intensely as she heard the details. Her eyes widened with each word spoken by the Admiral and the Captain spoke. The thought of getting her hand on a whole new engine design brought an uninhibited smile to her face. She leaned close to Gabe, in an attempt not to draw attention, and whispered. "There engines use a compressed singularity as a power source. This should be fun."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 12:42 am

Watching the Admiral recycle his cup, Jiseth realized that her own was still on the floor and a dark spot on the carpet. Slipping away from the conference table, she retrieved it and similarly placed it in the reclamation unit. Her eyes drifted toward the man called Stark.

It was not an accurate adjective for him, at least not physically. Perhaps a pun regarding is career outlook. Once one becomes a desk jockey, it was essentially a career sailing through oceans of paperwork. Not exactly an adventurous tale wrangling in the million-man leave request.

Quietly she stepped closer, but not too slowly to be conspicuous. She was already fairly certain half the crew thought she was an assassin since the war. A useful reputation at times. Her voice was soft, yet firm, when she whispered to him.

"If you don't mind, sir... It seems I have a departmental concern that requires my attention. See you at 0800?"
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:23 am

Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 PU52xW5
Commander S'Tal N'Vek

[USS Phoenix - Briefing Room]

Having been directed to the conference room by the Admiral on the Starbase, Commander N'Vek stepped into the room with two of his officers flanking him. It took quite the effort not to let his lip curl up in distaste at what he had been ordered to engage in with his crew. It was quite disgusting, really, to let these Federation dogs loose on a Warbird.

A quick scan of those gathered allowed him to spot the Admiral and half-Romulan officer who made up the command team of the Phoenix, the Federation ship that his crew would be handling. He nodded to them, ignoring the rest of the gathered personnel.

"I am Commander N'Vek of the Gannius," he stated. "My ship is currently docked and my crew disembarking. I trust that you are ready to engage in this exercise?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:28 am

NPC wrote:
"I am Commander N'Vek of the Gannius," he stated.  "My ship is currently docked and my crew disembarking.  I trust that you are ready to engage in this exercise?"

[Briefing Room]

As the Romulan Commander strode into the room, Archangel got to her feet, nodding her head in a sign of respectful, if somewhat wary, acknowledgement.  She then turned her attention back to the gathered officers and enlisted personnel.

"Ok, everyone, briefing over.  Lieutenant Rellek, since Admiral Stark will be remaining on the Athena with Commander N'Vek, you'll be acting as my first officer.  Everyone, gather your departments and head out to the station. You're off duty for the rest of the day, but be ready to board the Gannius at 8 hundred hours tomorrow morning.  Dismissed."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:54 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
The young Trill listened intensely as she heard the details. Her eyes widened with each word spoken by the Admiral and the Captain spoke. The thought of getting her hand on a whole new engine design brought an uninhibited smile to her face. She leaned close to Gabe, in an attempt not to draw attention, and whispered. "There engines use a compressed singularity as a power source. This should be fun."

[Conference Room]

"No kidding," Gabriel quietly answered Kaz, returning her smile. The girl's enthusiasm was somewhat infectious, and it brought him back to his earliest days on a starship, even back to when he worked for the SCE in building starbases. "I've been reading up on those things, but it'll be great to get our hands on one."

The meeting was coming to an obvious conclusion, but it was made even more apparent by the entrance of N'Vek, the Romulan CO. Gabe's interactions with Romulans other than his wife...particularly officers and government officials...hadn't been good. Understatement of the century, he thought, fighting off a tension that wanted to settle into his demeanour.
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Jiseth wrote:

Quietly she stepped closer, but not too slowly to be conspicuous. She was already fairly certain half the crew thought she was an assassin since the war. A useful reputation at times. Her voice was soft, yet firm, when she whispered to him.

"If you don't mind, sir... It seems I have a departmental concern that requires my attention. See you at 0800?"

Stark flinched slightly as Jiseth sidled up to him. The woman knew how to move quietly, that much was for sure. He silently cursed himself for allowing his attention to fall completely on Commander N'Vek and not paying attention to his immediate surroundings. There would be plenty of time to get to know the Romulan commander during the games.

"Of course, lieutenant," Stark nodded. He appreciated the fact that the CFCO wanted to handle her business internally before trying to involve him or Archangel into it. From what he'd seen, there was a lot of work ahead of Jiseth in that department. "Good hunting."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

"Of course, lieutenant," Stark nodded.  He appreciated the fact that the CFCO wanted to handle her business internally before trying to involve him or Archangel into it.  From what he'd seen, there was a lot of work ahead of Jiseth in that department.  "Good hunting."

[Conference Room]

With a curt but polite bow, Jiseth turned away from him and kept her eyes to the floor. That was until they shot up once she neared the door and met those of the Romulan officers. N'Vek she remembered. She remembered him quite well from the dinners Senator Letant would throw. She remembered exactly how much she hated some of her own kind.

"It is genuinely good to see you again, Commander."

Jovial ice was all that left her lips. She did not wait for a reply before she passed them and exited into the corridor.
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Jovial ice was all that left her lips. She did not wait for a reply before she passed them and exited into the corridor.

[Corridors]

With her tail waving lazily behind her, Persephone wandered through the passageways of the Phoenix, familiarising herself with its layout. It was quite a ship. The young Caitian was glad that not all the Fleet's vessels were the dilapidated old ones that she had flown at the Academy.

The thinly carpeted deckplates felt strange under her paws. She had never really taken to wearing shoes and thankfully, since she was Caitian, they were optional. It made things far easier both for the officers and the replicators.

One torn ear flicked back as she heard someone approaching along the corridor behind her and she turned, tail finally stilling as she spotted a Romulan in a red uniform striding toward her. A quick glance at the rank points on her collar told Persephone that this was her new department head, Jiseth.

"Hello, sirrrrr," she chirped, her vocal cords generating a slight rumble over the 'r's as it had a tendency to do.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 2:15 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

"Hello, sirrrrr," she chirped, her vocal cords generating a slight rumble over the 'r's as it had a tendency to do.

[Corridors]

Jiseth came to a stop slowly. Her eyes were focused on this one rather firmly. Another new youngling in her midst? It would have to be. None of the station personnel really noticed her, which was fair. She was not a part of their command chain. Rumors abounded enough as is of the wrathful Romulan running about.

"Follow me, Ensign."

Suddenly blowing past her new subordinate, she made a straight shot for a directory and scanned it quickly before continuing.

"What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 2:24 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Jiseth came to a stop slowly. Her eyes were focused on this one rather firmly. Another new youngling in her midst? It would have to be. None of the station personnel really noticed her, which was fair. She was not a part of their command chain. Rumors abounded enough as is of the wrathful Romulan running about.

"Follow me, Ensign."

Suddenly blowing past her new subordinate, she made a straight shot for a directory and scanned it quickly before continuing.

"What's your name?"

Persephone's ears turned outwards as the Romulan snapped at her. It would seem that her department head was on the warpath about something, and the young Caitian wasn't sure whether or not that warpath was something that she really should be getting in to.

Moving quickly and quietly, she did as she was told and followed her superior officer, making a concerted effort not to let the claws on her back paws extend and tear the carpet.

"Ensign Perrrrrsephone M'Rrrrai, sirrrr," she replied, tilting her head to one side. "Is therrrre something I can help you with?"
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

"Ensign Perrrrrsephone M'Rrrrai, sirrrr," she replied, tilting her head to one side.  "Is therrrre something I can help you with?"

[Corridor]

"You're going to be my personal assistant. The warbird Gannius is docked here, be at its docking gate by 0600 tomorrow. Outside of that let me make one thing abundantly clear... If you have any sort of psychotic break down out in the field that leads me to believe that your assessments of flight readiness have been altered or forged, I will probably skin you alive."

It was a casual threat. Not merely because of the ensign's race, but she was inches away from doing it to the new crewman. Jiseth had been going down the hallway like a photon torpedo sailing through space toward it's target. Purposeful and nothing good would come at the end.

[Counselor's Office]

Jiseth only poked her head in after the door opened and looked to the man that had attended Crewman Dexter.

"Sort this girl out. She's not going with the rest of us on tomorrow's mission or any other so you have plenty of time. I'm not going to pull her wings right away though, but don't make me regret that mercy."

[Corridor]

Backing away and letting the door close behind her, she waved for the Catian to follow her again. There was still a dire vengeance in her step. She hated every single bit of the frailty that seemed to be represented in Starfleet. There was a simple and singular urge to remove this uniform and take on her Romulan one. Subcommander had more of a ring to it than Lieutenant.

"Alright, Ensign M'Rai, we're in a warbird that can't cloak... How do we hide from a Federation vessel?"
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 2:56 pm

Jiseth wrote:
[Corridor]

Backing away and letting the door close behind her, she waved for the Catian to follow her again. There was still a dire vengeance in her step. She hated every single bit of the frailty that seemed to be represented in Starfleet. There was a simple and singular urge to remove this uniform and take on her Romulan one. Subcommander had more of a ring to it than Lieutenant.

"Alright, Ensign M'Rai, we're in a warbird that can't cloak... How do we hide from a Federation vessel?"

[Corridor]

As she followed the Romulan, Persephone's ears lay further and further back until they were flat against her head and lost in her wild mane of hair. The threats of what would follow if she had any kind of nervous breakdown were bad enough. After being on one of the cadet ships sent out to help fight in the Dominion War, she had gone thought all the counselling sessions necessary and worked through the weeks of nightmares that were apparently normal for a cadet sent out before they were ready. She had graduated and been cleared to fly without any concerns about her mental health.

"Yes, sirrrrr," she replied to the order to report to the Gannius the next morning. Personal assistant? I thought I signed up to be a pilot... she thought to herself, a little confused.

Her long stride helped her to keep up with the charging Jiseth, remembering to curl her tail close to her whenever they went through a door. The question, which had caught her slightly of guard, took her a few moments of pondering before she came up with an answer.

"That depends on what else is arrrrround," she replied honestly. "If we'rrrre in open space, then ourrrrr only hope rrrrreally is to trrrry to fool theirrrr sensorrrrrs."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 3:18 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

"That depends on what else is arrrrround," she replied honestly.  "If we'rrrre in open space, then ourrrrr only hope rrrrreally is to trrrry to fool theirrrr sensorrrrrs."

[Corridor]

"There are a handful of planets and the outskirts of a nebula in the battlespace we will be participating in. Fooling their sensors works for a short time, but once in visual range the jig is up."

Jiseth stopped in a skybridge of sorts between two sections of the station. She leaned against the railing and stared out into the cavernous interior. Many ships were docked here, but she only cared about the D'deridex and the Nebula-class it dwarfed. In fact, the green warbird was probably the largest ship to ever come through here.

"Commander N'Vek and I share a... complicated history. I was on their side during the war. I know how they think, but they know I know as well. You can see how this would be a wonderful game for a Cardassian... As such, you're going to be flying the warbird. N'Vek already knows most of my tricks."
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 3:46 pm

Jiseth wrote:
[Corridor]

"There are a handful of planets and the outskirts of a nebula in the battlespace we will be participating in. Fooling their sensors works for a short time, but once in visual range the jig is up."

Jiseth stopped in a skybridge of sorts between two sections of the station. She leaned against the railing and stared out into the cavernous interior. Many ships were docked here, but she only cared about the D'deridex and the Nebula-class it dwarfed. In fact, the green warbird was probably the largest ship to ever come through here.

"Commander N'Vek and I share a... complicated history. I was on their side during the war. I know how they think, but they know I know as well. You can see how this would be a wonderful game for a Cardassian... As such, you're going to be flying the warbird. N'Vek already knows most of my tricks."

The sight out of the windows, looking out over the two ships that were to be engaged in wargames the following day, was a near-breathtaking one. The humanoid feline observed the warbird with a curious gaze, wondering how it would handle since she didn't expect to get the chance to fly it, not given the fact that she was a wet-behind-the-ears Ensign fresh out of the Academy.

Of course, then Jiseth happened to drop a tricobalt warhead on top of her. "I-What?" she yelped, her tail immediately fluffing out. She cursed the appendage mentally for the fact that it seemed to have a mind of its own when it came to displaying her emotions. "You want me to fly the Warrrrrbirrrrrd? Surrrrely you'rrrre a betterrrrr suited candidate forrrrr that?"
Back to top Go down
George Warden
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 4:26 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:

Counselor's Office

"Coffee please." Kaitlin jumped onto one of the chairs scattered around the room and then curled herself up on the chair, resting her head on the arm of the chair and sitting in silence.

Her heart was beating extremely fast but it was slowing down and she felt a lot better than she did before. Kaitlin started fiddling with her hair. 'Whats he going to ask? What's he going to say? It's going to be fine stop worrying.'

[Counselor's Office]

Coffee. Well, coffee, he could do. George punched a few commands in, then paused, and cancelled the order. Better make it decaf, he thought, remembering how agitated the girl had been. A corrected order was place and within moments, the hot drink materialized on the replicator pad.

Dexter seemed to have made herself quite comfortable already- she looks like a cat. This was good. If she was already comfortable with the room, then it would be easier to get her comfortable with him as a counselor.

He handed the hot drink over, then took a seat of his own, loosely crossing his legs and regarding the crewman with a faint smile. "I suppose we can get right into it. Could you describe what you experienced in the briefing room and the hallway for me?" he queried gently. If she didn't feel like talking about it, they could move on to something else.
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 5:51 pm

[Briefing Room]

The words "off duty" were almost foreign to Kintiss, but they came as a relief. The overworked Selay needed a proper rest. This ship had a taxing effect on the mind and body, particularly if one was a medical officer. A break was certainly needed.

As he left the briefing room, he cast a cursory glance at the Romulan vessel's Commander. They'd only been in the same room for the briefest amount of time and already Kintiss didn't trust the guy.
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 6:36 pm

George Warden wrote:

[Counselor's Office]

Coffee. Well, coffee, he could do. George punched a few commands in, then paused, and cancelled the order. Better make it decaf, he thought, remembering how agitated the girl had been. A corrected order was place and within moments, the hot drink materialized on the replicator pad.

Dexter seemed to have made herself quite comfortable already- she looks like a cat. This was good. If she was already comfortable with the room, then it would be easier to get her comfortable with him as a counselor.

He handed the hot drink over, then took a seat of his own, loosely crossing his legs and regarding the crewman with a faint smile. "I suppose we can get right into it. Could you describe what you experienced in the briefing room and the hallway for me?" he queried gently. If she didn't feel like talking about it, they could move on to something else.

"Thank you. It's something... Someone, my mind... It ermm, I talks to me, it tells me
I'm rubbish, it tells me I'm garbage and tells me hang myself, that's only a few of the things it says to me."

Kaitlin took a sip of the coffee then rested it on the coffee table next to her.

"It has been taking to me since I was a child, we've tried everything medication, therapy, weekly counselling sessions, but it's never worked and it has always been stuck with me."

Kaitlin raised her head and looked around the medium sized, plain room, there was a few art pieces which looked like motel art but instead from that, it was a ver plain room.
Back to top Go down
George Warden
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 6:57 pm

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:

"Thank you. It's something... Someone, my mind... It ermm, I talks to me, it tells me
I'm rubbish, it tells me I'm garbage and tells me hang myself, that's only a few of the things it says to me."

Kaitlin took a sip of the coffee then rested it on the coffee table next to her.

"It has been taking to me since I was a child, we've tried everything medication, therapy, weekly counselling sessions, but it's never worked and it has always been stuck with me."

Kaitlin raised her head and looked around the medium sized, plain room, there was a few art pieces which looked like motel art but instead from that, it was a ver plain room.

[Counselor's Office]

George raised an eyebrow, but didn't act like he was shocked-- which, truthfully, he was. Someone experiencing that level of hallucinations shouldn't... wouldn't be allowed in starfleet. Though, she was enlisted, not an officer. Maybe the psych requirements were more lax for those not going through the Academy.

Or maybe she just slipped through the cracks.

The counselor quietly sipped on his own tea while he pondered over what she'd told him. Nothing had worked? He wondered who's she'd seen, what medication she'd tried. Since medical records weren't even in yet, he decided to ask.

"What medications have you been put on?" he asked. If we can't get this under control, I'll have to remove her from duty. I don't want to have to do that.. but what happened in that briefing room isn't acceptable.

"Have you received any kind of diagnosis?"

It still baffles me that she's here. Is everyone on this ship loose in the head?
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 10:04 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Conference Room]

"No kidding," Gabriel quietly answered Kaz, returning her smile.  The girl's enthusiasm was somewhat infectious, and it brought him back to his earliest days on a starship, even back to when he worked for the SCE in building starbases.  "I've been reading up on those things, but it'll be great to get our hands on one."

The meeting was coming to an obvious conclusion, but it was made even more apparent by the entrance of N'Vek, the Romulan CO.  Gabe's interactions with Romulans other than his wife...particularly officers and government officials...hadn't been good.  Understatement of the century, he thought, fighting off a tension that wanted to settle into his demeanour.  

A rather large smile filled Leela's face as the Commander shared in her excitement. She was glad to see that he was as eager as she was to get his hands on the engine. "Imagine the possibilities." She added.

As the meeting concluded she stood from her chair and gestured to Commander Arthur. "Would you like some company on your walk back. We can get a head start on our planning?"
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 10:15 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Briefing Room]

As the Romulan Commander strode into the room, Archangel got to her feet, nodding her head in a sign of respectful, if somewhat wary, acknowledgement.  She then turned her attention back to the gathered officers and enlisted personnel.

"Ok, everyone, briefing over.  Lieutenant Rellek, since Admiral Stark will be remaining on the Athena with Commander N'Vek, you'll be acting as my first officer.  Everyone, gather your departments and head out to the station.  You're off duty for the rest of the day, but be ready to board the Gannius at 8 hundred hours tomorrow morning.  Dismissed."

Julia stood out of respect as the Captain and Admiral stood up. She looked to her captain and flashed a slight grin. The young Lieutenant was eager for her first taste of executive command. As she realized the smile was present she quickly forced the corners of her lips back down to remove the smile from her face and then she began to aknowledge the Captains orders. "Aye, sir." She gave a nod and made her way to the doors of the briefing room.

As she approached the door she pointed to Crewman T'Lara. "Crewman, a word with you before we depart? Please?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 10:55 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

A rather large smile filled Leela's face as the Commander shared in her excitement. She was glad to see that he was as eager as she was to get his hands on the engine. "Imagine the possibilities." She added.

As the meeting concluded she stood from her chair and gestured to Commander Arthur. "Would you like some company on your walk back. We can get a head start on our planning?"

[Conference Room]

Rolling his neck slightly, Gabriel could already feel the tension gathering there, like filings to a lodestone.  That tended to happen when other Romulans were around...or even mentioned.  This general or commander or whoever the hell he was would likely know who Archangel was, and her role within the Empire...real, or imagined.  She's your wife and the mother of your children, not some involuntary princess or whateverthehell, he thought, taking a calming breath.

Gabriel snapped his padd case shut, softening his expression for Ensign Kaz's benefit.  It wouldn't do to have the kid think he was mad at her.  A small smile touched his lips at the thought of calling her 'kid'.  No matter how young her current host, Gabriel knew he couldn't begin to guess how old the Kaz symbiont was.  "Sure thing, ensign," he answered, glancing one final time to Archangel.  It was a cold fact of the matter that he couldn't always help her out in situations, and this was one of them.  

[Corridors]

The halls were quite busy at this time, with all the commotion caused by the transfer.  All the crew's personal effects were to be removed to quarters on Athena.  Gabe wondered how much stuff the Romulans would bring with them.  "Captured singularities.  I'm not going to lie, Miss Kaz.  The idea makes me nervous as an audited Ferengi.  Forcing artificial black holes is so crazy, only Romulans could have come up with it."
Back to top Go down
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 10:57 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
Julia nodded along as she heard the briefing for the war games. Operating a Romulan Warbird, it was an interesting prospect. When the Captain ordered T'lara to review the database Julia was quite pleased. She knew it would be the perfect opportunity to assess the performance of the latest addition to team and what better than a training exercise. She gave a slight no towards the Petty Officer and flashed a brief smile.

As the Admiral and Captain wrapped up their comments she swirled her chair slightly and looked to the Admiral. "Admiral... Sir." She began. "I am aware that relations with the Star Empire continue to improve. Do we expect this to be the first of many of these types of joint exercises?"

T'Lara noticed her superior officer looking at her and smiling. She made eye contact with her, but did nothing more. She wished she could smile back, but that was entirely out of her realm of understanding. As Julia began to question the admiral T'Lara listened closely. She had never been involved with Romulans in her time in Starfleet before, and she wanted to find out more about the Romulan Star Empire and the warbirds.

Julia Rellek wrote:
Julia stood out of respect as the Captain and Admiral stood up. She looked to her captain and flashed a slight grin. The young Lieutenant was eager for her first taste of executive command. As she realized the smile was present she quickly forced the corners of her lips back down to remove the smile from her face and then she began to aknowledge the Captains orders. "Aye, sir." She gave a nod and made her way to the doors of the briefing room.

As she approached the door she pointed to Crewman T'Lara. "Crewman, a word with you before we depart? Please?"

T'Lara followed the rest of the crewmen out when the meeting was adjourned, but she halted when she heard Lieutenant Rellek.

"Certainly, Lieutenant," she said in an even tone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next