Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest

Go down 
+17
Gabriel Arthur
Corman Stark
Ezac
Persephone M'Rai
Jiseth
Julia Rellek
Stefan Ives
Archangel T'Koris
Leela Kaz
Zero Alpha
Ilana Telak
Tufezr Nefen
Safefta Pardek
George Warden
T'Lara
Nelkar Epath
Kaitlin Dexter
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Ezac
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations

Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:37 pm

[Briefing Room]

The timing of the crying officer couldn't have been better even if it had been scripted. The room was pretty well packed, but for the most part, all eyes were on her. Who is she? Ezac wondered silently to himself. Well I suppose that hardly matters. Aside from some vaguely familiar faces from the last mission, I know no one here. He slipped down the side of the room and stood in the back-right corner, quietly observing the new faces in the room as he did.

Just then, someone with Rear Admiral rank walked in. Ezac wasn't sure if he recognized the man, be he expected that his interaction with the latter aboard the Phoenix would allow Ezac to recognize his voice. He waited in anticipation, hoping that the purpose for the briefing would be divulged.

Corman Stark wrote:
[Conference Room]

You have *got* to be kidding me, Admiral Stark thought, touching the tips of his fingers to his temples.  This meeting had turned into a three-ring circus before it had even begun.  From Deacon's report on what the Athena had gone through while he had been out dealing with the Phoenix, he almost wished he was facing something like that.  Not that things on the Phoenix had been any easier.  They'd lost good people, and he imagined more than one had tasted combat before they'd ever thought they would.  He'd personally filed citations for conspicuous gallantry for several officers.

And signed condolence letters.

Stark stood, surveying the room, frowning slightly at seeing the Breen and Vorta.  Those two were going to take...a lot of getting used to.  Then again, he imagined that such a thing was what this mission was going to be all about...even though he felt it a fool's errand.

The scene with the crying officer had caused quite a commotion, though a few voices had quieted down as he stood.  Corman looked over to Archangel, cocking an eyebrow as he fought off the urge to ask if she invited her junior officers to every briefing.  As far as he was concerned, the dissemination of information was the departmental head's job.  Mentally filing the observation away with the rest of them, Stark cleared his throat.  "Folks, if we could?" he asked, waiting for the room to quiet.  "Er...thank you all for coming."  His tone wasn't exactly sarcastic, but it was dry as a Vulcan summer.  

"There's not much use to waste time, so I'll get right to it."  Walking over to one of the duranium walls, Stark touched a panel, bringing a display to life - a three-dimensional representation of a huge, monstrous-looking green starship.  "The recent changes within the Romulan Empire has allowed unprecedented access for the Federation.  That, and our late alliance, has brought the two most stable powers left in the Alpha Quadrant closer than ever."  It hurt him not include the Klingon Empire in that statement, but...well, Martok had a long way to go, insofar as rebuilding went.

The little green warbird spun on an axis as Stark pulled up a long list of names, their lettering floating in the 3-D display by the ship.  "In the interest of...cooperation and understanding, the Federation and the Star Empire will conduct a series of training exercises."  Now, it was time for the other shoe - the maddest part of this whole mad idea.  "As of 0800 tomorrow, the crews of the USS Phoenix and the warbird of General S'Tal N'Vek, the IRW Gannius, will exchange places."  Stark let that settle for a half-second before turning to Archangel, indicating that she should continue.

Switch places? If Ezac asked himself that question with any more intensity, then it might just have escaped through his mouth. What next? A Breen warship? He understood that the Federation wasn't opposed to mingling--his own experience was a prime example of that. He did, however, find it amusing that the Romulan Empire and the Federation were planning to exchange places and conduct training exercises. He wondered if either side could truly avoid somehow violating an agreement.

Throughout the remainder of the briefing, Ezac began to increasingly anticipate the opportunity that would be given to him...the opportunity to operate the weapons on a Romulan warbird. Even if only from the perspective of added experience, he knew that he was fortunate to be included in such training. He focused intently as T'Koris and others drew the briefing to an end.

Her words "off-duty" must have truly struck a chord with the attendees, because Ezac found himself leaving the room with far fewer looks than he might have expected. He strode toward a turbolift that would take him to his temporary quarters, although he had no intention of sleeping. In fact, he considered sleep a waste of time. He knew that he would rather be alone than subject himself to the awkwardness of small, and often meaningless, talk. He would simply allow time to meet with Pardek in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 12:51 am

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

The sight out of the windows, looking out over the two ships that were to be engaged in wargames the following day, was a near-breathtaking one.  The humanoid feline observed the warbird with a curious gaze, wondering how it would handle since she didn't expect to get the chance to fly it, not given the fact that she was a wet-behind-the-ears Ensign fresh out of the Academy.

Of course, then Jiseth happened to drop a tricobalt warhead on top of her.  "I-What?" she yelped, her tail immediately fluffing out.  She cursed the appendage mentally for the fact that it seemed to have a mind of its own when it came to displaying her emotions.  "You want me to fly the Warrrrrbirrrrrd?  Surrrrely you'rrrre a betterrrrr suited candidate forrrrr that?"

"Captain wants me in an advisory role which means I'll have my hands full keeping the Feddies we serve with from breaking someone else's ship. Probably a good thing the cloak is disabled anyway... Not like a soul has any clue how to properly align the nullifier core."

Rubbing her eye lids with one hand, Jiseth stood upright with other balled into a fist against the side of her hip. Odds are she would be getting very little sleep tonight. Even less on the warbird itself. She probably do well avoiding Zero or any medical staff inquiring about her having adequate rest.

"This squadron makes a name for itself based on the fact that we are willing to go beyond what others do. It sets us apart, but as a group brings us closer together. So yes, you're going to be flying that warbird. Though, I think you're going to be filling a larger vacancy than you realize..."
Back to top Go down
Reyaen 3
Cadet
Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 1:06 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

The halls were quite busy at this time, with all the commotion caused by the transfer.  All the crew's personal effects were to be removed to quarters on Athena.  Gabe wondered how much stuff the Romulans would bring with them.  "Captured singularities.  I'm not going to lie, Miss Kaz.  The idea makes me nervous as an audited Ferengi.  Forcing artificial black holes is so crazy, only Romulans could have come up with it."

[Corridors]

"It really is an impressive machine though!"

The chipper Vorta piped up from behind them. She had not much of an opportunity to become acquainted many of her superior officers and it looked as is she would be working rather closely with engineering. It gave a little extra bounce in her step.

"It doesn't need any of the bulky deuterium tanks like our ship has. What we guzzle, it simply sips; just a tiny little knot of space-time. Their range is essentially limitless! The cloaking device isn't what they should be worried about us figuring out. Just think of how self-sufficient Federation colonies would be if they never had to import fuel! They just turn it on and it goes! Forever!"
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 4:01 am

Jiseth wrote:
"Captain wants me in an advisory role which means I'll have my hands full keeping the Feddies we serve with from breaking someone else's ship. Probably a good thing the cloak is disabled anyway... Not like a soul has any clue how to properly align the nullifier core."

Rubbing her eye lids with one hand, Jiseth stood upright with other balled into a fist against the side of her hip. Odds are she would be getting very little sleep tonight. Even less on the warbird itself. She probably do well avoiding Zero or any medical staff inquiring about her having adequate rest.

"This squadron makes a name for itself based on the fact that we are willing to go beyond what others do. It sets us apart, but as a group brings us closer together. So yes, you're going to be flying that warbird. Though, I think you're going to be filling a larger vacancy than you realize..."

[Corridors]

Persephone was a little confused as to what her department head could be on about, not to mention wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to put in for a transfer before she even got started on the ship. Jiseth certainly seemed to be under a considerable amount of stress with this mission they had been handed.

With her ears still laid back, she asked: "A larrrrgerrrr vacancy?" The idea of flying the massive ship out there was a daunting one, she was a slightly more concerned about what her place would be in this squadron.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 7:25 am

Reyaen 3 wrote:

"It really is an impressive machine though!"

The chipper Vorta piped up from behind them. She had not much of an opportunity to become acquainted many of her superior officers and it looked as is she would be working rather closely with engineering. It gave a little extra bounce in her step.

"It doesn't need any of the bulky deuterium tanks like our ship has. What we guzzle, it simply sips; just a tiny little knot of space-time. Their range is essentially limitless! The cloaking device isn't what they should be worried about us figuring out. Just think of how self-sufficient Federation colonies would be if they never had to import fuel! They just turn it on and it goes! Forever!"

[Corridors]

Gabriel gave another involuntary flinch as Reyaen slipped in line with their little procession. God's sake, I'm gonna have to make these people start wearing bells, he thought, nodding in greeting to the cadet. Gabriel knew that several on board were having a difficult time accepting a Vorta working alongside them, but he tried to put the most positive face on it. After all, Starfleet had moved beyond misunderstandings with Andorians, Klingons...and now, possibly, the Romulan Empire. If his own people had clung to old hatreds and debts, Earth would still be divided into warring nation-states.

"A tiny knot of space-time, hm?" he asked, cocking a playful eyebrow. Reyaen was a chipper type, almost too much so, like someone who was just now trying on emotions to see how they worked. Which, considering her origin, she likely was. "Perhaps there's good reason the Federation doesn't implement that kind of tech. Do we even know if the RSE has performed due diligence in studying the effects of forced singularities on space-time and realspace?"
Back to top Go down
Reyaen 3
Cadet
Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 12:04 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"A tiny knot of space-time, hm?" he asked, cocking a playful eyebrow.  Reyaen was a chipper type, almost too much so, like someone who was just now trying on emotions to see how they worked.  Which, considering her origin, she likely was.  "Perhaps there's good reason the Federation doesn't implement that kind of tech.  Do we even know if the RSE has performed due diligence in studying the effects of forced singularities on space-time and realspace?"

[Corridor]

"That's partially why their ships are so large. They have to make sure everything is running perfectly all the time, even in combat. There is a drawback I've noticed. Federation ships are able to eject a volatile warp core before it breaches while the Romulans have no such safeguard."

The Vorta paused for a moment, realized she had not really answered the Chief Engineer's inquiry.

"...I had read a report once of someone on Deep Space Nine experiencing time shifts due to the interactions between the Bajoran wormhole and a warbird's engine core. Something similar with a species that tried to use one as a nursery. Those seem to be rare and isolated incidents, however."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 12:40 pm

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

Persephone was a little confused as to what her department head could be on about, not to mention wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to put in for a transfer before she even got started on the ship.  Jiseth certainly seemed to be under a considerable amount of stress with this mission they had been handed.

With her ears still laid back, she asked: "A larrrrgerrrr vacancy?"  The idea of flying the massive ship out there was a daunting one, she was a slightly more concerned about what her place would be in this squadron.

[Corridors]

"I lost my dearest friends in the last mission, Ensign: Lieutenant JG's Klara Meru and Tobias Fornell. Two very experienced individuals replaced by two very green ones. Matches the color of the ship we're going to fly at least."

A dry smirk was about all Jiseth could muster.

"So... You're going to shadow me and whatever challenges you thought you had at that playground of an academy are going to pale in comparison to being here."

The Romulan turned and leaned against the transparent metal that made up the window. Her focus solely on the Catian before her.

"Know this, M'Rai, my officers died so that others may live. That type of sentiment is the sole reason why you see me in this uniform and not standing with others that look like I do. People are going to look at you funny, question you, doubt you. I'm sure you've had a taste of that already. All you can do is perform beyond expectations and to that end you have to work twice as hard as the rest of these Feddy terran bastards and you damn well better work twice as hard. Understood?"
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 1:18 pm

Jiseth wrote:
[Corridors]

"I lost my dearest friends in the last mission, Ensign: Lieutenant JG's Klara Meru and Tobias Fornell. Two very experienced individuals replaced by two very green ones. Matches the color of the ship we're going to fly at least."

A dry smirk was about all Jiseth could muster.

"So... You're going to shadow me and whatever challenges you thought you had at that playground of an academy are going to pale in comparison to being here."

The Romulan turned and leaned against the transparent metal that made up the window. Her focus solely on the Catian before her.

"Know this, M'Rai, my officers died so that others may live. That type of sentiment is the sole reason why you see me in this uniform and not standing with others that look like I do. People are going to look at you funny, question you, doubt you. I'm sure you've had a taste of that already. All you can do is perform beyond expectations and to that end you have to work twice as hard as the rest of these Feddy terran bastards and you damn well better work twice as hard. Understood?"

[Corridors]

It took quite the effort to keep her teeth unbared and her claws sheathed. Yes, she was green as a pilot, but she wasn't as inexperienced as this Romulan seemed to believe she was. As it was, she narrowed her blue eyes at her new department head.

"I'm not completely inexperienced," she pointed out. "I have seen action in the Dominion Warrrr, on one of the cadet ships that fought on the frrrrront line. Yes, I still have a lot to learrrrrn, but I am not completely inept at the helm."
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 3:02 pm

George Warden wrote:

[Counselor's Office]

George raised an eyebrow, but didn't act like he was shocked-- which, truthfully, he was. Someone experiencing that level of hallucinations shouldn't... wouldn't be allowed in starfleet. Though, she was enlisted, not an officer. Maybe the psych requirements were more lax for those not going through the Academy.

Or maybe she just slipped through the cracks.

The counselor quietly sipped on his own tea while he pondered over what she'd told him. Nothing had worked? He wondered who's she'd seen, what medication she'd tried. Since medical records weren't even in yet, he decided to ask.

"What medications have you been put on?" he asked. If we can't get this under control, I'll have to remove her from duty. I don't want to have to do that.. but what happened in that briefing room isn't acceptable.

"Have you received any kind of diagnosis?"

It still baffles me that she's here. Is everyone on this ship loose in the head?

"It comes when I go to new places, just a simple visit to the doctors can cause it, I'm not sure on the medication, my parents wouldn't tell me and no, no diagnosis." Kaitlin took another sip of the coffee then placed it back down on the table looking at george.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 7:03 pm

Reyaen 3 wrote:

"That's partially why their ships are so large. They have to make sure everything is running perfectly all the time, even in combat. There is a drawback I've noticed. Federation ships are able to eject a volatile warp core before it breaches while the Romulans have no such safeguard."

The Vorta paused for a moment, realized she had not really answered the Chief Engineer's inquiry.

"...I had read a report once  of someone on Deep Space Nine experiencing time shifts due to the interactions between the Bajoran wormhole and a warbird's engine core. Something similar with a species that tried to use one as a nursery. Those seem to be rare and isolated incidents, however."

[Corridors]

"Mmhm," Gabriel nodded, passing along the corridors with Kaz and Reyaen. "I can imagine the number of bugnut-crazy events would increase exponentially once black holes get plugged into the equation." The cadet had a good point about not being able to properly eject a singularity core. "You'd be surprised at the times a weaponized warp core would come in handy," he mused, remembering back to a time when he'd shot one at Gorn attack cruisers. "It's also helpful not to have your warp core breaches turn into event horizons."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 1:42 am

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

It took quite the effort to keep her teeth unbared and her claws sheathed.  Yes, she was green as a pilot, but she wasn't as inexperienced as this Romulan seemed to believe she was.  As it was, she narrowed her blue eyes at her new department head.

"I'm not completely inexperienced," she pointed out.  "I have seen action in the Dominion Warrrr, on one of the cadet ships that fought on the frrrrront line.  Yes, I still have a lot to learrrrrn, but I am not completely inept at the helm."

[Corridors]

Pushing off of the window, Jiseth cocked her head to the side and looked down her nose at the Ensign. Hard to tell the difference between bravery and foolishness with cadets. The loss of most of Red Squad was testament to that along with a Defiant-class ship. Much of the Federation's war efforts were inept. Too prone to mercy against an enemy who would show none.

She took a few steps closer, seeing if her new officer would back down.

"Tomorrow we'll see. The rest of today will be simulator drills. I'm not waiting for you to actually be on the bridge of that thing to acquaint yourself with it. Far too much is at stake."
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 2:19 am

Jiseth wrote:
[Corridors]

Pushing off of the window, Jiseth cocked her head to the side and looked down her nose at the Ensign. Hard to tell the difference between bravery and foolishness with cadets. The loss of most of Red Squad was testament to that along with a Defiant-class ship. Much of the Federation's war efforts were inept. Too prone to mercy against an enemy who would show none.

She took a few steps closer, seeing if her new officer would back down.

"Tomorrow we'll see. The rest of today will be simulator drills. I'm not waiting for you to actually be on the bridge of that thing to acquaint yourself with it. Far too much is at stake."

[Corridors]

Persephone could feel her fur bristling and her lips wanting to pull back from her teeth as the Romulan stepped closer to her, sensing possible hostility on her part. The striped tail flicked from side to side, a warning signal that the young Caitian was starting to get a more than a little annoyed.

"Underrrrrstood," she growled. "I'll starrrt immediately."
Back to top Go down
George Warden
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 2:20 am

Kaitlin Dexter wrote:

"It comes when I go to new places, just a simple visit to the doctors can cause it, I'm not sure on the medication, my parents wouldn't tell me and no, no diagnosis." Kaitlin took another sip of the coffee then placed it back down on the table looking at george.

Well, then. This was just a massive cluster of wrong. George had a headache, but didn't show it. Professional calm, that's what he needed. Even if this girl's parents treated her like a child with her medical records.

He still didn't understand how she'd been allowed in starfleet.

"Right.. well, let's see," he said slowly, as though thinking carefully about how to word this. "I'll be able to find out your medication list once your record comes through, and i'll disclose that information for you if you'd like."

"Unfortunately, until I can get that list and/or a diagnosis, I'm afraid you'll have to be taken off duty for a while." Regulations. Please understand, he thought to himself. I don't need a fuss while I want to help you.
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 2:34 am

George Warden wrote:

Well, then. This was just a massive cluster of wrong. George had a headache, but didn't show it. Professional calm, that's what he needed. Even if this girl's parents treated her like a child with her medical records.

He still didn't understand how she'd been allowed in starfleet.

"Right.. well, let's see," he said slowly, as though thinking carefully about how to word this. "I'll be able to find out your medication list once your record comes through, and i'll disclose that information for you if you'd like."

"Unfortunately, until I can get that list and/or a diagnosis, I'm afraid you'll have to be taken off duty for a while." Regulations. Please understand, he thought to himself. I don't need a fuss while I want to help you.

"Yes I would like to know, my carers always treated me as a child." Kaitlin liked her carers, but she got extremely annoyed by the fact that they wouldn't let her see anything. "They always spoonfed everything to me and i got tired of it. Yes I'll leave duty temporarily."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 10:39 pm

T'Lara wrote:

T'Lara noticed her superior officer looking at her and smiling. She made eye contact with her, but did nothing more. She wished she could smile back, but that was entirely out of her realm of understanding. As Julia began to question the admiral T'Lara listened closely. She had never been involved with Romulans in her time in Starfleet before, and she wanted to find out more about the Romulan Star Empire and the warbirds.

T'Lara followed the rest of the crewmen out when the meeting was adjourned, but she halted when she heard Lieutenant Rellek.

"Certainly, Lieutenant," she said in an even tone.

[Briefing Room]

Julia moved through the room with T'Lara and guided the Crewman to a small unoccupied corner of the briefing room. She held her PADD's in one hand and her coffee in the other. She clenched the cup tightly, as if it held her entire life, and in many ways it did. It was her elixir of life.

She looked over T'Lara young and obviously eager, well as eager as she had ever seen a Vulcan. "Crewman." Julia shifter her head and made eye contact. "I'm sorry I have yet to meet with you. Crew performance reviews have been keeping me quite busy." In the interim time without an executive officer Julia's plate had become quite full. "I trust you are adjusting well?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2015 10:51 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Conference Room]

Rolling his neck slightly, Gabriel could already feel the tension gathering there, like filings to a lodestone.  That tended to happen when other Romulans were around...or even mentioned.  This general or commander or whoever the hell he was would likely know who Archangel was, and her role within the Empire...real, or imagined.  She's your wife and the mother of your children, not some involuntary princess or whateverthehell, he thought, taking a calming breath.

Gabriel snapped his padd case shut, softening his expression for Ensign Kaz's benefit.  It wouldn't do to have the kid think he was mad at her.  A small smile touched his lips at the thought of calling her 'kid'.  No matter how young her current host, Gabriel knew he couldn't begin to guess how old the Kaz symbiont was.  "Sure thing, ensign," he answered, glancing one final time to Archangel.  It was a cold fact of the matter that he couldn't always help her out in situations, and this was one of them.  

[Corridors]

The halls were quite busy at this time, with all the commotion caused by the transfer.  All the crew's personal effects were to be removed to quarters on Athena.  Gabe wondered how much stuff the Romulans would bring with them.  "Captured singularities.  I'm not going to lie, Miss Kaz.  The idea makes me nervous as an audited Ferengi.  Forcing artificial black holes is so crazy, only Romulans could have come up with it."

The Trill flashed a smile and let out a slight chuckle at the comment regarding the Romulans. In her many lifetimes she had had little dealings with the Romulans. Juval had a few skirmishes while he was a Starship Captain but nothing consequential. "Romulans..." The smile drained from her face and an aura of contemplation replaced it. "I know the Vulcans well. Its so hard to believe that they are related. The Vulcan's would of never of considered powering their vessels in such a manner. If we screw this up... you know... we could be sucked right out of space and time and left drifting into infinity. Just thought id throw that out."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 11:14 am

[The Next Day - 08 00 Hours - Airlock leading onto IRW Gannius]

The last of the Romulans had left the ship only a few minutes ago, finally vacating the ship for the Federation crew to take over for the next day or so. It was a daunting task for the young captain currently standing outside the airlock that lead onto the warbird, waiting for her senior staff. A young ensign was waiting with her, a Caitian, apparently unsure of herself. Although she offered the pilot a reassuring smile, Archangel was more concerned with the mission parametres written on her PADD.
Back to top Go down
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 1:16 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

[Briefing Room]

Julia moved through the room with T'Lara and guided the Crewman to a small unoccupied corner of the briefing room. She held her PADD's in one hand and her coffee in the other. She clenched the cup tightly, as if it held her entire life, and in many ways it did. It was her elixir of life.

She looked over T'Lara young and obviously eager, well as eager as she had ever seen a Vulcan. "Crewman." Julia shifter her head and made eye contact. "I'm sorry I have yet to meet with you. Crew performance reviews have been keeping me quite busy." In the interim time without an executive officer Julia's plate had become quite full. "I trust you are adjusting well?"

"You do not have to apologize," T'Lara said when she'd followed Julia to the corner. She noticed how tightly the lieutenant held her cup and she wondered for a moment what the cup contained. When the smell of coffee wafted over to her, she understood.

" I am adjusting, although I believe you can determine whether I am adjusting well as I don't know what you define as "well." She gave a typical Vulcan answer, technicalities included.
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 1:26 pm

[Airlock]

Kintiss' time off had been the most glorious gift he'd received in the last few years. His evening was spent in one of Athena's holosuites, taking part in a Terran epic about a war among the stars in a distant galaxy. He'd gone to bed that evening feeling content and fully prepared for the mission tomorrow.

The next morning, he'd woken up fairly early, feeling well-rested, and taken his time with breakfast, and he'd only just arrived at the airlock. Of course, the captain was already there, as was an unfamiliar ensign.

"Good morning Captain, Enssssign," he greeted both of them, nodding to each in turn.
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Ezac
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 1:37 pm

[Airlock]

Ezac strode into the airlock, quickly aware of the fact that others had arrived before him. He recognized T'Koris, but the two other individuals were only vaguely familiar to him. He quietly stepped to the side of the room, and putting his back to the wall, he assumed parade rest. As he did so, he offered an obligatory "Greetings, sirs" to his superiors.

His anticipation to test Romulan weaponry had continually grown since the previous day's briefing. Now, as the boarding of the warbird became imminent, his anticipation had become almost palpable.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 7:23 pm

Kintiss wrote:

Kintiss' time off had been the most glorious gift he'd received in the last few years. His evening was spent in one of Athena's holosuites, taking part in a Terran epic about a war among the stars in a distant galaxy. He'd gone to bed that evening feeling content and fully prepared for the mission tomorrow.

The next morning, he'd woken up fairly early, feeling well-rested, and taken his time with breakfast, and he'd only just arrived at the airlock. Of course, the captain was already there, as was an unfamiliar ensign.

"Good morning Captain, Enssssign," he greeted both of them, nodding to each in turn.

[Airlock]

This is nuts, Gavin thought, shouldering his large kitbag. He'd not known exactly what all to take on the Warbird with him, so he settled on stuffing the attache full of whatever would fit in it. Gavin had to admit that the thought of working with the Romulans' science department held its charms. It would certainly be a challenge.

Craning his neck, Gavin looked around some of his fellow officers, trying to pick out a pair of blue antenne. Well, one antenna and one stub, that was. He'd not seen Thelos since breakfast this morning. What he did find, however, was a walking snake. Despite the contradictory mental image that conjured up, he'd found Kintiss to be a rather pleasant fellow.

"Hey!" Gavin said, falling into place with the medical officer. If Kintiss was already here, Thelos couldn't be far behind. "Ready for this? Here's to hoping we don't blow ourselves up...right?"
Back to top Go down
Kaitlin Dexter
Senior Crewman
Senior Crewman

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[The Next Day - 08 00 Hours -

SB Athena - Quarters

Kaitlin sat in the quarters given to her while she was discharged, she was confused, lost and most of all, disappointed in herself. She was sat on the floor in the corner of her room, she wanted company but everyone was gone.

She knew no one on the starbase, something that was still a thing with most members of the Phoenix. She stayed in the corner, rocking back and forward.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 8:05 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The last of the Romulans had left the ship only a few minutes ago, finally vacating the ship for the Federation crew to take over for the next day or so.  It was a daunting task for the young captain currently standing outside the airlock that lead onto the warbird, waiting for her senior staff.  A young ensign was waiting with her, a Caitian, apparently unsure of herself.  Although she offered the pilot a reassuring smile, Archangel was more concerned with the mission parametres written on her PADD.

[Airlock]

Even though the crew could obviously not see anything outside the airlock (for blocking off the vacuum of space was one of the primary functions of said airlock), Gabriel felt as if he could see the Romulan vessel looming over them, perched outside next to the Phoenix like a stooped, green vulture. He and Archangel had made sure to secure both of their families - the crew of the ship, and their little girls. Seika and Aria had been placed, along with their entire menagerie of animals both real and plush, in the care of the starbase. At least Chira and Henriks were here as familiar faces for the girls.

Gabriel flashed a reassuring grin as he approached Archangel, who appeared to be absorbed in whatever the padd she was reading contained. "Engine room's ready on our side, captain," he said, referring to her title in deference to them being in public and on duty. "I even locked up the good silver."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 8:35 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Even though the crew could obviously not see anything outside the airlock (for blocking off the vacuum of space was one of the primary functions of said airlock), Gabriel felt as if he could see the Romulan vessel looming over them, perched outside next to the Phoenix like a stooped, green vulture.  He and Archangel had made sure to secure both of their families - the crew of the ship, and their little girls.  Seika and Aria had been placed, along with their entire menagerie of animals both real and plush, in the care of the starbase.  At least Chira and Henriks were here as familiar faces for the girls.

Gabriel flashed a reassuring grin as he approached Archangel, who appeared to be absorbed in whatever the padd she was reading contained.  "Engine room's ready on our side, captain," he said, referring to her title in deference to them being in public and on duty.  "I even locked up the good silver."

[Airlock]

There was something about Gabriel's approach that always made Archangel look up even before she was aware of him being close. She answered his grin with a faint smile, too nervous about the upcoming mission for anything more.

"Good to know. Did you leave the manual out on the trouble table? The one in Sheliac?" she asked, attempting a joke.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 10:46 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

There was something about Gabriel's approach that always made Archangel look up even before she was aware of him being close.  She answered his grin with a faint smile, too nervous about the upcoming mission for anything more.

"Good to know.  Did you leave the manual out on the trouble table?  The one in Sheliac?" she asked, attempting a joke.

[Airlock]

"Uh-huh," Gabriel grinned, nodding. "It's a four-hundred-page treatise on the rules and game design philosophy of Fizzbin, though." He appreciated his wife's attempt at humor, but he could read the tension in her brows, as well as the set of her shoulders. Archangel T'Koris was girded for war, no doubt about it. He wished he could go rub some of the tightness out of those shoulders...but that'd have to wait. "I guess we're good and read to get this show on the road, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest   Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 8: Survival of the Fittest
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next