Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 10: The Harvest

Go down 
+11
Conor Terell
Nelkar Epath
Gavin Van Gelder
Leela Kaz
Julia Rellek
NPC
T'Lara
Corman Stark
Kintiss
Persephone M'Rai
Gabriel Arthur
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page

Mission 10: The Harvest Empty
PostSubject: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:05 am

Mission 10: The Harvest Phoenix_zpsff7252e5

[USS Phoenix - Bridge 0600]

Second Officers log, supplemental. We are en route to deep space research station G12, located in a remote sector approximately 20 light years from Starbase Athena. They are currently in desperate need of supplies. Given their distance from the Federation supply lines, they haven't received any new shipments in several months. I spoke to the head researcher, Commander Heather Thompson, earlier today via subspace. She is an old instructor of mine specializing in cosmology. She mentioned that the replicator went down several weeks ago and the ration packs were getting tiresome quickly. The scientific community is a small one and there is a tendency for everyone to know everyone. I am excited to get to meet with fellow cosmologist and Heather even offered to let me put in some research time while the Phoenix was at the station.

The crew has been taking the time while we make the two week trip to fine tune our systems and bring them to optimum standards. Lieutenant VanGelder and Crewman T'Lara have been updating and enhancing our sensor array to comply with new specifications sent from Starfleet earlier this week. Commander Arthur and team are neck deep in calibrations. We've logged so many light years recently. The ship wasn't designed for all of this travel without the occasional tune up. But I'm sure Commander Arthur will make due, he keeps this ship running better than the crews at space dock ever would. His attention to detail and obsession with these engines is second to none. Captain T'Koris is set to come on duty momentarily. Once she reaches the bridge we will coordinate the daily tasks.

End Log

Julia rested her elbow on the arm of the center chair with a cup of coffee clasped in one hand and a PADD in the other. The coffee was definitely doing the trick. It was 0600 and she had already been up for two hours. She relieved the night commander and took over the bridge early. She wanted to get a jump start on the day. The last mission saw her taking on even more command responsibilities and time in that chair was becoming commonplace. She had been functioning as T'Koris' right hand for a couple of weeks now and the two were beginning to develop a rapport and routine. The duty shift was set to begin and several officers had already trickled onto the bridge.

"Helm, adjust course, .2 degrees port. What is our current ETA to Station G12?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 7:48 pm

[Quarters]

"Alright, ladies," Gabriel said, shrugging the grey overtunic on over his gold shirt. "Pick up your plates and put them in the reclamation unit! You know the drill," he grinned, winking as he helped Seika stack the plates from breakfast. The beginning of the day was always a study in controlled chaos in the Arthur-T'Koris home, with both Gabriel and Archangel (naturally) working Alpha shift. There was always plenty to do in the morning, and never enough time in which to do it.

Seika carried the plates over and helped her father deposit the plates, the little sister Aria clambering off the chair and following them. That done, Seika licked a little bit of syrup off her finger. "I don't want to go to school," she said. "I want to go to work with you like Arry gets to." This wasn't anything new. In fact, it was a topic that seemed to come up every morning of late. Growing up and getting more responsibility as a student didn't always sit well with Seika, who was used to having her run of the ship. "Gotta go to school, lil' lady," he replied, cocking an eyebrow and smiling at his daughter. "That way you get to grow up and be an engineer like me and your mama. Besides," he said, scooping Aria up, "this little one's gonna be with you today, in preschool activities!"

Honestly, Gabriel would have loved to have had their daughters with him every day...but it was time they started to gain some more social skills. It would do them better in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 8:42 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Alright, ladies," Gabriel said, shrugging the grey overtunic on over his gold shirt.  "Pick up your plates and put them in the reclamation unit!  You know the drill," he grinned, winking as he helped Seika stack the plates from breakfast.  The beginning of the day was always a study in controlled chaos in the Arthur-T'Koris home, with both Gabriel and Archangel (naturally) working Alpha shift.  There was always plenty to do in the morning, and never enough time in which to do it.

Seika carried the plates over and helped her father deposit the plates, the little sister Aria clambering off the chair and following them.  That done, Seika licked a little bit of syrup off her finger.  "I don't want to go to school," she said.  "I want to go to work with you like Arry gets to."  This wasn't anything new.  In fact, it was a topic that seemed to come up every morning of late.  Growing up and getting more responsibility as a student didn't always sit well with Seika, who was used to having her run of the ship.  "Gotta go to school, lil' lady," he replied, cocking an eyebrow and smiling at his daughter.  "That way you get to grow up and be an engineer like me and your mama.  Besides," he said, scooping Aria up, "this little one's gonna be with you today, in preschool activities!"  

Honestly, Gabriel would have loved to have had their daughters with him every day...but it was time they started to gain some more social skills.  It would do them better in the long run.

[Captain's Quarters]

"I seem to remember that a certain little girl couldn't wait to go to school not all that long ago," Archangel mused aloud as she stepped into the living area of the family's quarters from the bedroom she shared with Gabriel, her fingers busy weaving her long, black hair into a plait. Her tone was amused, her lips twitching as she tried not to smile. Seeing that the breakfast dishes had been tidied away was something of a relief. She had, as usual, eaten sparingly during the meal, but breakfast was one of the few meals when she could get away with that due to the fact that getting themselves and the girls out on time was hard enough as it was. Wrapping a hair tie around the end of her plait, she then gathered her eldest daughter into a hug, planting a kiss to the crown of her head. "You'll have plenty of chances to go and help Daddy in Engineering when you're not at school."

Releasing Seika from the hug, the young Romulan then straightened her uniform jacket. With Stark back on Starbase Athena, she was back in command of the Phoenix, which unfortunately meant that she was back in charge of the mountain of paperwork currently sitting in her ready room.

"Are you ok to drop them off at school, e'lev?" she asked, looking up at Gabriel. She felt a little guilty, as if she was offloading the girls on him, but the thought of the mountain was making her wonder if she was going to be able to leave the bridge on time at the end of her shift.
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 8:55 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
"Helm, adjust course, .2 degrees port. What is our current ETA to Station G12?"

[Bridge]

Sitting at the helm, Persephone quickly and calmly input the course correction given by the officer sitting in the centre seat. Another moment or two and the Caitian would likely have made the correction herself in order to reach their destination, but it was that moment that made Julia Rellek the senior officer on the bridge and Persephone a green Ensign learning the ropes.

"Courrrse corrrrrrected. Currrrent ETA is one hourrrr, Commanderrrr," she purred after a quick glance at her console.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 9:07 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"I seem to remember that a certain little girl couldn't wait to go to school not all that long ago," Archangel mused aloud as she stepped into the living area of the family's quarters from the bedroom she shared with Gabriel, her fingers busy weaving her long, black hair into a plait.  Her tone was amused, her lips twitching as she tried not to smile.  Seeing that the breakfast dishes had been tidied away was something of a relief.  She had, as usual, eaten sparingly during the meal, but breakfast was one of the few meals when she could get away with that due to the fact that getting themselves and the girls out on time was hard enough as it was.  Wrapping a hair tie around the end of her plait, she then gathered her eldest daughter into a hug, planting a kiss to the crown of her head.  "You'll have plenty of chances to go and help Daddy in Engineering when you're not at school."

Releasing Seika from the hug, the young Romulan then straightened her uniform jacket.  With Stark back on Starbase Athena, she was back in command of the Phoenix, which unfortunately meant that she was back in charge of the mountain of paperwork currently sitting in her ready room.

"Are you ok to drop them off at school, e'lev?" she asked, looking up at Gabriel.  She felt a little guilty, as if she was offloading the girls on him, but the thought of the mountain was making her wonder if she was going to be able to leave the bridge on time at the end of her shift.

[Quarters]

Seika smiled back up at her mother, nodding. "I will be really smart. Just like you!" Gabriel was glad that she was taking well to school, but he couldn't blame her for wanting to hang around her parents' place of work. He could remember feeling the same way about his mother's office in the Proxmia shipyards. However, the captain's ready room was even less of a place for a child than the chief engineer's office.

"Of course I can," Gabriel returned, bundling up the padd that contained Seika's homework from last night. "After that, if you need me...I'll be in Engineering. We're still making adjustments to just about everything on the ship." Reaching up, Gabriel brushed the back of his fingertips along Archangel's cheek, a gentle and loving gesture that, once they moved beyond these walls and became officers before spouses, would not be appropriate. "I love you, Angel," he said, drawing her in for a kiss. "Ew!" Seika giggled, her little sister joining right in.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 9:15 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Seika smiled back up at her mother, nodding.  "I will be really smart.  Just like you!"  Gabriel was glad that she was taking well to school, but he couldn't blame her for wanting to hang around her parents' place of work.  He could remember feeling the same way about his mother's office in the Proxmia shipyards.  However, the captain's ready room was even less of a place for a child than the chief engineer's office.

"Of course I can," Gabriel returned, bundling up the padd that contained Seika's homework from last night.  "After that, if you need me...I'll be in Engineering.  We're still making adjustments to just about everything on the ship."  Reaching up, Gabriel brushed the back of his fingertips along Archangel's cheek, a gentle and loving gesture that, once they moved beyond these walls and became officers before spouses, would not be appropriate.  "I love you, Angel," he said, drawing her in for a kiss.  "Ew!" Seika giggled, her little sister joining right in.

[Captain's Quarters]

Smiling down at Seika, Archangel let a smile spread over her face.  "I bet you'll be even smarter than me, kila," she teased playfully.  Then again, given the intelligence that both of her daughters had already displayed, Archangel was rapidly coming to the conclusion that the pair of them were definitely going to be smarter than their parents.

Turning her attention back to Gabriel as he spoke, she gave a slight chuckle of amusement.  "Some people get all the fun jobs," she pouted, referring the the fact that he got to play with the internal workings of the ship rather than getting to deal with the paperwork.  When his hand touched her face, she closed her eyes, leaning her head slightly into his fingers.  There were times that it pained her to have to be so formal with her husband during duty hours, but her image as captain had to be stellar.

"Jol-ao au," she murmured in return, a faint purr escaping her throat before she forced herself to take a step back.  It wouldn't do to arrive on the bridge in a ruffled state, after all.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 12:14 am

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

[Bridge]

Sitting at the helm, Persephone quickly and calmly input the course correction given by the officer sitting in the centre seat.  Another moment or two and the Caitian would likely have made the correction herself in order to reach their destination, but it was that moment that made Julia Rellek the senior officer on the bridge and Persephone a green Ensign learning the ropes.

"Courrrse corrrrrrected.  Currrrent ETA is one hourrrr, Commanderrrr," she purred after a quick glance at her console.

Julia looked up from her console and took a sip of her coffee. A sigh of relief escaped with the sip. "Thank you Ensign."

She decided it was time to get in touch with Heather and alert her to their proximity.

"Ensign Kejal. Alert G12 that we are approximately an hour away. And tell Commander Thompson that I expect to see some groundbreaking science." She let loose a slight chuckle. Julia was genuinely excited to see Heather and also see what breakthroughs they were making. She missed that world.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 6:50 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Smiling down at Seika, Archangel let a smile spread over her face.  "I bet you'll be even smarter than me, kila," she teased playfully.  Then again, given the intelligence that both of her daughters had already displayed, Archangel was rapidly coming to the conclusion that the pair of them were definitely going to be smarter than their parents.

Turning her attention back to Gabriel as he spoke, she gave a slight chuckle of amusement.  "Some people get all the fun jobs," she pouted, referring the the fact that he got to play with the internal workings of the ship rather than getting to deal with the paperwork.  When his hand touched her face, she closed her eyes, leaning her head slightly into his fingers.  There were times that it pained her to have to be so formal with her husband during duty hours, but her image as captain had to be stellar.

"Jol-ao au," she murmured in return, a faint purr escaping her throat before she forced herself to take a step back.  It wouldn't do to arrive on the bridge in a ruffled state, after all.

[Quarters]

"Y'hhau, e'lev," Gabriel replied, grinning playfully as he overheard that little catch in her voice. "Gonna be a long day, probably. Back rub tonight?" His grin was followed by a wink, this time, because he knew where those almost always led them...

As the young family said their goodbyes, Gabriel finished gathering up all the children's things, scooting them off to school, and getting himself to the engine room.

[Main Engineering]

It was still a little early in the day, but Chief Engineers were not that uncommon a sight in the wee hours of the morning. In truth, this entire area felt like his third child, and he knew that Archangel felt the same way, even if she hadn't been an engineering officer in years.

"Good morning, people," he said to the gathered officers, the outgoing third shift greeting him as they passed by, and the incoming Alpha shift just coming on duty. "I suppose I have a pile of performance reports to review."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 7:24 am

[Sickbay]

The assigned breakfast hour for the carnivores on the crew had just finished and Kintiss had arrived in sickbay. He had eaten well, and had more than enough energy for the day ahead. Even though he was full of energy and ready to go, he still procured a Raktajino for himself from the replicator. Had to keep that energy flowing, after all. His itinerary for the day seemed just as hum-drum as any other day. Crew physicals, file sorting, etc, etc...

It was a good thing he had the Raktajino. What else was going to keep him awake through the menial business?
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 7:25 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Y'hhau, e'lev," Gabriel replied, grinning playfully as he overheard that little catch in her voice.  "Gonna be a long day, probably.  Back rub tonight?"  His grin was followed by a wink, this time, because he knew where those almost always led them...

As the young family said their goodbyes, Gabriel finished gathering up all the children's things, scooting them off to school, and getting himself to the engine room.  

[Bridge]

With the promise of a pleasant evening after her shift present in her mind, Archangel made her way to the command centre of her ship. Having to hand the reins of the vessel over to Admiral Stark, even with the knowledge that it was only a temporary measure until a new first officer could be determined, had been a difficult thing to do. At the time, it had felt like a demotion, a vote of no-confidence from Starfleet Command, but she had it back now, and now she had a duty to perform.

Arriving on the bridge, she nodded to the officers already present, the early birds who liked to get to their shifts before they actually started and the late workers who wanted to finish up whatever they were doing before going off duty.

"Commander Rellek, a word in my ready room, if you would?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 7:37 am

Kintiss wrote:
[Sickbay]

The assigned breakfast hour for the carnivores on the crew had just finished and Kintiss had arrived in sickbay. He had eaten well, and had more than enough energy for the day ahead. Even though he was full of energy and ready to go, he still procured a Raktajino for himself from the replicator. Had to keep that energy flowing, after all. His itinerary for the day seemed just as hum-drum as any other day. Crew physicals, file sorting, etc, etc...

It was a good thing he had the Raktajino. What else was going to keep him awake through the menial business?

[Sickbay]

It had felt like far longer than it had actually been since Zero had last been on duty. Her recovery from her stay with the Romulans was still far from complete, but being unable to do anything, having to sit around with her memories, had been doing harm ore harm than good. With that in mind, the ship's counsellor had allowed her to do a couple of hours on light duty per day to get her out of her quarters and moving around.

Today was going to be the first day of her light duty and, as she stepped into sickbay, she pulled nervously at the sleeves of her uniform. Her first foot in sickbay as a doctor again rather than a patient.

Seeing Kintiss already there, she offered him a faint smile. "Hello."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 9:05 am

Zero Alpha wrote:
It had felt like far longer than it had actually been since Zero had last been on duty.  Her recovery from her stay with the Romulans was still far from complete, but being unable to do anything, having to sit around with her memories, had been doing harm ore harm than good.  With that in mind, the ship's counsellor had allowed her to do a couple of hours on light duty per day to get her out of her quarters and moving around.

Today was going to be the first day of her light duty and, as she stepped into sickbay, she pulled nervously at the sleeves of her uniform.  Her first foot in sickbay as a doctor again rather than a patient.

Seeing Kintiss already there, she offered him a faint smile.  "Hello."

"Good to ssssee you back on your feet," Kintiss gave her an even wider smile. It was reassuring to know Alpha was making a good physical recovery, and quite a quick one, at that. Even though her recovery was reassuring to him, he still found it strange that it was so quick. Maybe there was more to her than what was written down in her file.

"We've got sssome sssimple tasssksss to get you usssed to working again," he said, handing her a PADD. It listed a few simple, low-stress jobs, such as sorting crew medical files and reprogramming tricorders. Simple things that wouldn't put her under too much duress. "You're to take asss much ressst asss you need. Don't force yourssself, underssstand?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 5:03 pm

Kintiss wrote:
"Good to ssssee you back on your feet," Kintiss gave her an even wider smile. It was reassuring to know Alpha was making a good physical recovery, and quite a quick one, at that. Even though her recovery was reassuring to him, he still found it strange that it was so quick. Maybe there was more to her than what was written down in her file.

"We've got sssome sssimple tasssksss to get you usssed to working again," he said, handing her a PADD. It listed a few simple, low-stress jobs, such as sorting crew medical files and reprogramming tricorders. Simple things that wouldn't put her under too much duress. "You're to take asss much ressst asss you need. Don't force yourssself, underssstand?"

[Sickbay]

It felt a little odd, being on friendly terms with the Selay medic. Zero considered that she had very few friends and tended to be extremely guarded around others, even hostile toward them. Kintiss, however, had been and continued to be the primary medic following her ordeal. It was strange to her that, given that he had seen her in such a vulnerable state, he could still be friendly to her.

The hand that reached out to take the PADD still shook, but the tremours were getting better. It annoyed her to be assigned what were considered to be the easiest tasks in sickbay, she was aware that it was for a good reason. That didn't stop her looking a little dejected at the gentle admonishment about taking it easy, dropping her eyes to the deck plates.

"Understood."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 6:07 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

It felt a little odd, being on friendly terms with the Selay medic.  Zero considered that she had very few friends and tended to be extremely guarded around others, even hostile toward them.  Kintiss, however, had been and continued to be the primary medic following her ordeal.  It was strange to her that, given that he had seen her in such a vulnerable state, he could still be friendly to her.

The hand that reached out to take the PADD still shook, but the tremours were getting better.  It annoyed her to be assigned what were considered to be the easiest tasks in sickbay, she was aware that it was for a good reason.  That didn't stop her looking a little dejected at the gentle admonishment about taking it easy, dropping her eyes to the deck plates.

"Understood."

[Sickbay]

"Good," Kintiss said as he gave her another smile. "Now, if you need me, I'll be ssscrubbing out the ssssurgical ward." Of all the tasks he could be given, that was the one he detested the most. Though it was a necessary task, he would have rather not done it. He was a Doctor, not a janitor. With a grimace, he rolled up his sleeves and replicated some cleaning equipment. This was going to take a while.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 8:14 pm

Kintiss wrote:
"Good," Kintiss said as he gave her another smile. "Now, if you need me, I'll be ssscrubbing out the ssssurgical ward." Of all the tasks he could be given, that was the one he detested the most. Though it was a necessary task, he would have rather not done it. He was a Doctor, not a janitor. With a grimace, he rolled up his sleeves and replicated some cleaning equipment. This was going to take a while.

[Sickbay]

And that was that. Zero was back on duty with tasks to complete and deadlines to meet. Ok, the tasks and deadlines weren't all that important ones, but the fact that they existed was enough. She stepped away, intending to use one of the consoles to start organising the patient records, but faltered. It was almost as if she was suddenly... afraid, although what of she couldn't be sure.

Attempting to conceal her sudden insecurity, she turned back to the Selay. "These tasks do not require a significant amount of time to complete. Do you wish assistance with the cleansing of the surgical bay?"
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 11:46 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

With the promise of a pleasant evening after her shift present in her mind, Archangel made her way to the command centre of her ship.  Having to hand the reins of the vessel over to Admiral Stark, even with the knowledge that it was only a temporary measure until a new first officer could be determined, had been a difficult thing to do.  At the time, it had felt like a demotion, a vote of no-confidence from Starfleet Command, but she had it back now, and now she had a duty to perform.

Arriving on the bridge, she nodded to the officers already present, the early birds who liked to get to their shifts before they actually started and the late workers who wanted to finish up whatever they were doing before going off duty.

"Commander Rellek, a word in my ready room, if you would?"

[Bridge]

"Aye sir." Julia stood from chair at the centre of the room and moved to follow the Captain. As she a walked she glanced down to the front of the bridge. "Ensign M'Rai, you have the bridge. Maintain present course and speed."

She wasn't certain why the captain wanted to speak with her about. She figured that T'Koris merely wanted a status update. As the pair entered the room Julia took a position across from the Captains desk. With a cup of coffee still in the grasp of her hand she began to address the captain. "Ma'am, we are still on course for Station G12. Our estimated time of arrival is about 0715. I relieved Lieutenant Markum at 0400 and took over his watch. I had a few things I wanted to catch up on before we reached our destination."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 12:54 am

[Corridor]

Leela rushed through the corridor struggling to pull her hair up as she ran. "Not again Leela, get it together." She muttered as she bumped a fellow officer in the corridor. She flashed a slight smile and nod as an apology as she continued on her way.

"Computer, time?" Leela inquired.

The current time o's 0609 hours. The computer replied in its seemingly taunting emotionless voice.

"Damn it, damnit, damn it! Late again." Punctuality has never been a strength of hers, or Kaz.

[Engineering]

The Trill rushed through the large entrance to the engine room and slowed her pace as she approached the group near the center of the room. She looked towards Commander Arthur and then shifted her eyes quickly, avoiding direct eye contact. "Sorry sir." She admitted the fault hoping that Gabe would glaze over yet another tardy. Leela was lucky that she was such a highly regarded officer or all of these late mornings would be a serious problem.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 5:40 am

Julia Rellek wrote:
"Aye sir." Julia stood from chair at the centre of the room and moved to follow the Captain. As she a walked she glanced down to the front of the bridge. "Ensign M'Rai, you have the bridge. Maintain present course and speed."

She wasn't certain why the captain wanted to speak with her about. She figured that T'Koris merely wanted a status update. As the pair entered the room Julia took a position across from the Captains desk. With a cup of coffee still in the grasp of her hand she began to address the captain. "Ma'am, we are still on course for Station G12. Our estimated time of arrival is about 0715. I relieved Lieutenant Markum at 0400 and took over his watch. I had a few things I wanted to catch up on before we reached our destination."

[Ready Room]

Seeing that Julia already had her coffee, Archangel didn't offer her the use of the replicator as she usually did, but instead took her seat behind the desk to listen to the status report. She hadn't actually asked for one, but it never hurt to get oneself up to speed before taking over command.

"Thank you, Commander. However, I asked you in here to inform you that you're wearing the wrong uniform."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 10:41 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Ready Room]

Seeing that Julia already had her coffee, Archangel didn't offer her the use of the replicator as she usually did, but instead took her seat behind the desk to listen to the status report.  She hadn't actually asked for one, but it never hurt to get oneself up to speed before taking over command.

"Thank you, Commander.  However, I asked you in here to inform you that you're wearing the wrong uniform."

[Ready Room]

With the captain taking a seat Julia proceeded to do the same and sat in the chair across from T'Koris. She looked down checking her uniform and a look of some alarm flooded her face momentarily. She had gotten ready in a hurry but she had no reason to doubt that her uniform was to standard. Then the revelation hit her, the subtlety in the Captains tone, she wanted her to put on an entirely new uniform. Julia was beginning to see where this was heading but still not 100% certain she decided to utilise humorous to elicit more information from her CO.

"Well, as long as we're not going back to the dresses. I don't have the legs for that." She chuckled. It was the kind of thing that could only be said woman to woman. Any male officer would of been uncomfortable, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 12:37 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
With the captain taking a seat Julia proceeded to do the same and sat in the chair across from T'Koris. She looked down checking her uniform and a look of some alarm flooded her face momentarily. She had gotten ready in a hurry but she had no reason to doubt that her uniform was to standard. Then the revelation hit her, the subtlety in the Captains tone, she wanted her to put on an entirely new uniform. Julia was beginning to see where this was heading but still not 100% certain she decided to utilise humorous to elicit more information from her CO.

"Well, as long as we're not going back to the dresses. I don't have the legs for that." She chuckled. It was the kind of thing that could only be said woman to woman. Any male officer would of been uncomfortable, to say the least.

[Ready Room]

A smile crossed Archangel's face at the thought of switching out the standard trouser uniform design for the dress version, but shook her head. She was, in general, pretty lax about the uniform code on her ship. She didn't mind whether her personnel went with the dress or the trousers as long as they were in uniform, the Caitians were excused the discomfort of wearing boots, and a discreet cultural jewellery was permitted.

"No, I don't think I'll be making that mandatory any time soon," she agreed. "I think it would annoy the Engineering and Security personnel for a start." Reaching down, she opened a drawer in her desk and pulled something out, setting it in front of the young Commander. A red uniform shirt, replicated to Julia's recorded measurements.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 2:50 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Ready Room]

A smile crossed Archangel's face at the thought of switching out the standard trouser uniform design for the dress version, but shook her head.  She was, in general, pretty lax about the uniform code on her ship.  She didn't mind whether her personnel went with the dress or the trousers as long as they were in uniform, the Caitians were excused the discomfort of wearing boots, and a discreet cultural jewellery was permitted.

"No, I don't think I'll be making that mandatory any time soon," she agreed.  "I think it would annoy the Engineering and Security personnel for a start."  Reaching down, she opened a drawer in her desk and pulled something out, setting it in front of the young Commander.  A red uniform shirt, replicated to Julia's recorded measurements.

[Ready Room]

Julia chuckled along with the captain as she seemed to continues right along with the joke. Then her eyes met that deep red fabric. She immediately stopped chuckling and set her coffee on the captains desk as she leaned forward to examine the garment more carefully. She wants me in command? Julia thought. There was a sudden onset of different emotions and feelings. The young commander wasn't certain that she was ready, but rarely did captains wait until you were completely prepared.

She pulled the garment in closer and then looked up to T'Koris. "What exactly does this mean, ma'am?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
Julia chuckled along with the captain as she seemed to continues right along with the joke. Then her eyes met that deep red fabric. She immediately stopped chuckling and set her coffee on the captains desk as she leaned forward to examine the garment more carefully. She wants me in command? Julia thought. There was a sudden onset of different emotions and feelings. The young commander wasn't certain that she was ready, but rarely did captains wait until you were completely prepared.

She pulled the garment in closer and then looked up to T'Koris. "What exactly does this mean, ma'am?"

[Ready Room]

"It means that I want you to take on the position of First Officer on this ship," Archangel replied evenly. She watched Julia's actions carefully, noting the seriousness expression that had replaced the light. However, she also saw that the young woman had picked up the uniform rather than pushing it away. It was a good sign.

"Admiral Stark and I discussed potential candidates at length while he was here. We came to the conclusion that you were green, yes, especially in areas of combat, but that's something we can work on and that this was an opportunity that would suit you well. If you feel up to it, we'd like you to maintain your position as Chief Science Officer as well, at least until we can arrange for a replacement if you don't want to keep that title."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 4:15 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
And that was that.  Zero was back on duty with tasks to complete and deadlines to meet.  Ok, the tasks and deadlines weren't all that important ones, but the fact that they existed was enough.  She stepped away, intending to use one of the consoles to start organising the patient records, but faltered.  It was almost as if she was suddenly... afraid, although what of she couldn't be sure.

Attempting to conceal her sudden insecurity, she turned back to the Selay.  "These tasks do not require a significant amount of time to complete.  Do you wish assistance with the cleansing of the surgical bay?"

It was an arduous task, but a necessary one. There was something about this sort of work that was good for the soul, however dull it was. Once Kintiss had gotten into the rhythm of it, he found it fairly easy. He looked over at Zero as he heard her ask to help him.

"I think I'll be alright on my..." he began, but then he took another look around the surgical bay, and saw how much more he had done, and everything else he had to clean. "Actually, a bit of help would be great. Grab ssssome equipment and ssstart where you can sssee blood."
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 4:17 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

[Bridge]

She wants me to take the conn?

Persephone looked up with some trepidation, but acknowledged the order, getting up from the pilot's chair and ceding it to the relief officer for the ship. By preference, she would have rather stayed at the helm station, but it wasn't really done for the officer in charge of the bridge to continue at another station unless they were particularly short staffed. However, to be in charge of the ship, no matter how nominal it was, was an exciting prospect.

Even though she still felt a flutter of nervousness, she padded the short distance to the centre chair, tail flicking behind her, taking a seat while trying not to let on that, inside, she was jumping up an down in her excitement.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Kintiss wrote:
It was an arduous task, but a necessary one. There was something about this sort of work that was good for the soul, however dull it was. Once Kintiss had gotten into the rhythm of it, he found it fairly easy. He looked over at Zero as he heard her ask to help him.

"I think I'll be alright on my..." he began, but then he took another look around the surgical bay, and saw how much more he had done, and everything else he had to clean. "Actually, a bit of help would be great. Grab ssssome equipment and ssstart where you can sssee blood."

[Sickbay]

Nodding once in acknowledgement, Zero went to replicate another set of cleaning materials and set to work alongside Kintiss. Her perfectionist nature and attention to detail made her well suited to cleaning and sterilisation work in sickbay. The movements pulled at her healing muscles, the aches still present in her healing body flaring back to life in protest, but she gritted her teeth and continued scrubbing.

After a few moments of silence, during which Zero dug deep into her admittedly shallow social knowledge, she spoke up again in a quiet voice:

"Are you keeping well?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next