Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 10: The Harvest

Go down 
+11
Conor Terell
Nelkar Epath
Gavin Van Gelder
Leela Kaz
Julia Rellek
NPC
T'Lara
Corman Stark
Kintiss
Persephone M'Rai
Gabriel Arthur
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Nodding once in acknowledgement, Zero went to replicate another set of cleaning materials and set to work alongside Kintiss.  Her perfectionist nature and attention to detail made her well suited to cleaning and sterilisation work in sickbay.  The movements pulled at her healing muscles, the aches still present in her healing body flaring back to life in protest, but she gritted her teeth and continued scrubbing.

After a few moments of silence, during which Zero dug deep into her admittedly shallow social knowledge, she spoke up again in a quiet voice:

"Are you keeping well?"

"I'm getting by jussst fine." Really, that was all he could say. His work kept him busy, and his time off kept him sane. He'd forgotten to eat a few times, though. Maybe he'd have to take a little more time off just to catch up on meals. The Counselor had already noted that his consumption of Raktajinos was greater than it needed to be.

"How about you?" Last he checked, she was physically healing well, although he wasn't privy to her psychological recovery. That wasn't his field of expertise.
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Kintiss wrote:
"I'm getting by jussst fine." Really, that was all he could say. His work kept him busy, and his time off kept him sane. He'd forgotten to eat a few times, though. Maybe he'd have to take a little more time off just to catch up on meals. The Counselor had already noted that his consumption of Raktajinos was greater than it needed to be.

"How about you?" Last he checked, she was physically healing well, although he wasn't privy to her psychological recovery. That wasn't his field of expertise.

[Sickbay]

Social skills, for someone who had been raised in isolation for the greater part of her formative years, was a difficult thing to master. What should have been learned instinctively by imitation of peers took close study, observation and memorisation. It was, however, a worthwhile endeavour and an important one.

Zero took a moment to think of her answer, unwilling to divulge too much information, yet knowing that telling Kintiss that she was fine would be a very transparent lie. She settled on a middle ground.

"I am recovering," she stated. The counsellor had assured her that, with time, patience and regular appointments, the tremours, nightmares and other assorted ills would eventually fade.

In a much quieter voice, she added: "I... I wish to thank you for your assistance in my healing."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 7:52 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
[

The Trill rushed through the large entrance to the engine room and slowed her pace as she approached the group near the center of the room. She looked towards Commander Arthur and then shifted her eyes quickly, avoiding direct eye contact. "Sorry sir." She admitted the fault hoping that Gabe would glaze over yet another tardy. Leela was lucky that she was such a highly regarded officer or all of these late mornings would be a serious problem.

[Engineering]

"Miss Kaz," Gabriel said, smiling as he looked up. "I think we can forego the court martial this time around." Leela seemed to take it hard on herself whenever she was late for anything, even though it wasn't something that happened enough for her to be placed on report. Gabe had always advocated switching to the four-shift duty schedule instead of the traditional three-shift, but some habits died very hard indeed. "Back when Captain T'Koris was my Chief Engineer, she used to threaten me with babysitting shifts..."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 12:58 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Ready Room]

"It means that I want you to take on the position of First Officer on this ship," Archangel replied evenly.  She watched Julia's actions carefully, noting the seriousness expression that had replaced the light.  However, she also saw that the young woman had picked up the uniform rather than pushing it away.  It was a good sign.

"Admiral Stark and I discussed potential candidates at length while he was here.  We came to the conclusion that you were green, yes, especially in areas of combat, but that's something we can work on and that this was an opportunity that would suit you well.  If you feel up to it, we'd like you to maintain your position as Chief Science Officer as well, at least until we can arrange for a replacement if you don't want to keep that title."

Julia flashed a slight smile at her captain and then quickly changed to a more resolute expression. "Yes, ma'am. I humbly accept your offer. I look forward to learning all I can from your years of experience in the field. I can certainly fill both roles in the interim." Julia couldn't help but realize, when the captain mentioned combat, that she was one of the very few aboard that was not actively engaged in combat operations during the war. She had spent the war working on a deep space research station. She knew that T'Koris would be the right person to broaden her horizons.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 1:01 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Engineering]

"Miss Kaz," Gabriel said, smiling as he looked up.  "I think we can forego the court martial this time around."  Leela seemed to take it hard on herself whenever she was late for anything, even though it wasn't something that happened enough for her to be placed on report.  Gabe had always advocated switching to the four-shift duty schedule instead of the traditional three-shift, but some habits died very hard indeed.  "Back when Captain T'Koris was my Chief Engineer, she used to threaten me with babysitting shifts..."

[Engineering]

Kaz let out a slight chuckle at the prospect of babysitting as punishment. "Well if that's the knew penalty, I plead guilty as charged. Those kids are a handful but they sure are fun." She glanced over at the console and caught a glimpse of the work assignemtns. "Looks like we have a full day ahead of us. What do you say we get moving, Gabe?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 9:07 am

Julia Rellek wrote:
Julia flashed a slight smile at her captain and then quickly changed to a more resolute expression. "Yes, ma'am. I humbly accept your offer. I look forward to learning all I can from your years of experience in the field. I can certainly fill both roles in the interim." Julia couldn't help but realize, when the captain mentioned combat, that she was one of the very few aboard that was not actively engaged in combat operations during the war. She had spent the war working on a deep space research station. She knew that T'Koris would be the right person to broaden her horizons.

[Ready Room]

With a smile, Archangel nodded to her new first officer. She had been slightly concerned that Julia wouldn't want to take on the new position and stay as strictly a science officer. It happened sometimes, that officers preferred to remain in their departments rather than switch to the command ranks.

"Very well, Commander. I'll leave you to change your uniform and see you on the bridge." Getting up from behind her desk, Archangel left the ready room, relieving Persephone from command and standing in front of the centre chair.

"Ensign Kejal, have we had any word from the science station yet?"
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 9:21 am

[Bridge]

It was almost disappointing when the captain returned from her ready room, but Persephone quickly left the centre chair and returned to the helm station, taking over from the officer who had relieved her.

Shortly after she had taken the station, however, a flashing indicator caught her attention:

"Captain, we have an incoming trrrransmission from Admirrral Starrrrk on Starrrbase Athena. Putting him on scrrrreen!"
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 10:22 am

Persephone M'Rai wrote:

"Captain, we have an incoming trrrransmission from Admirrral Starrrrk on Starrrbase Athena.  Putting him on scrrrreen!"

[On-Screen]

"Hello, Phoenix," Admiral Corman Stark said, his face filling the forward viewer.  "You know the bad thing about being close to the Athena's local space?  We get to chat in real-time."

His laconic smirk turned more serious, though, as the admiral continued.  Stark hadn't sent this as Eyes Only, mainly because it didn't really need to be...but also so he could get a glance at the bridge one more time.

"I am transferring a datapak to you containing coordinates.  We have been picking up strange transmissions consistent with what we know of how transwarp conduits work.  I know I don't need to dwell on what that could mean.  Go there, investigate, and report.  Your priority is observation."  He said that last bit with a small smile, knowing that he didn't have to add in that T'Koris had free reign to protect her ship and crew as needed.  "Good luck.  Stark out."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 10:41 am

Corman Stark wrote:
[On-Screen]

"Hello, Phoenix," Admiral Corman Stark said, his face filling the forward viewer.  "You know the bad thing about being close to the Athena's local space?  We get to chat in real-time."

His laconic smirk turned more serious, though, as the admiral continued.  Stark hadn't sent this as Eyes Only, mainly because it didn't really need to be...but also so he could get a glance at the bridge one more time.

"I am transferring a datapak to you containing coordinates.  We have been picking up strange transmissions consistent with what we know of how transwarp conduits work.  I know I don't need to dwell on what that could mean.  Go there, investigate, and report.  Your priority is observation."  He said that last bit with a small smile, knowing that he didn't have to add in that T'Koris had free reign to protect her ship and crew as needed.  "Good luck.  Stark out."

[Bridge]

Although she would never admit it out loud, Archangel much preferred to be talking to Stark over a viewscreen rather than in person. She wasn't sure what it was about the man, perhaps the fact that he had taken over her command for a while, but she felt far less tension this way.

As he said that their mission was observation alone, she smiled slightly in return, reading between the lines of what he had said. Observation and data collection missions were undertaken at the captain's discretion depending on whether or not they considered it to be safe for the ship and crew to get that close to whatever anomaly they were investigating.

"Acknowledged, Admiral," she said once he had finished. "Phoenix out."

Turning her attention to the bridge in general, she addressed them: "We have our orders. Ensign Kejal, once you have the datapak downloaded, give the helm the coordinates so that we can set a course."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 2:57 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
In a much quieter voice, she added: "I... I wish to thank you for your assistance in my healing."

Being thanked for his medical work was something that Kintiss always appreciated, but it seemed strange getting it from someone who, as far as he knew, wasn't really the emotional type. It seemed a bit more genuine, coming from her. He didn't know her that well at first, having not interacted with her that much when he first arrived on board the Phoenix, but he felt like he'd gotten to know her a little better over the course of her recovery.

"No need to thank me," he replied in an attempt at modesty. "I only did what I'm good at. Besssidesss, you practically did half the healing yourssself." He was still impressed with her rate of healing. It seemed almost unnatural for a Human.
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 3:08 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Ready Room]

With a smile, Archangel nodded to her new first officer.  She had been slightly concerned that Julia wouldn't want to take on the new position and stay as strictly a science officer.  It happened sometimes, that officers preferred to remain in their departments rather than switch to the command ranks.

"Very well, Commander.  I'll leave you to change your uniform and see you on the bridge."  Getting up from behind her desk, Archangel left the ready room, relieving Persephone from command and standing in front of the centre chair.

"Ensign Kejal, have we had any word from the science station yet?"

[Ready Room]

Julia nodded as the Captain exited the office. Julia wasn't sure what the long term implications of this would be. She joined Starfleet several years ago, utilising Starfleet as the best possible avenue to work on her research. She never truly intended to seek a red uniform out. It never evened crossed her mind, until very recently. When Starfleet pulled the plug on her research something special was lost. She had been trying to fill this deep void ever since. Julia changed uniforms and placed her blue one back into the replicator. She then took her first steps onto the bridge as the ships Exrcutive Officer.

[Bridge]

The bridge seemed to feel different than it had only moments earlier. She stepped out and was able to catch most of Starks communique. A lump quickly developed in her throat. Julia feared that T'Koris was going to get to teach her those lessons of combat sooner rather than later. The young commander wasted little time. She stepped up to T'Koris and whispered. "We need to be ready, ma'am."

Julia gave those words a moment to settle in before she spoke again and then with a deep and uneasy breathe she turned and took a long look around the bridge.

"Alright team, you heard the man. This is primarily investigation but we aren't certain of what we'll find. We need to be prepared for anything. T'Lara, access the database of USS Voyager and learn everything you can about transwarp conduits and appetures. Security and tactical begin battle drills at once. Review the database and implement any recommended weapons and shield modification and Ensign M'Rai set course for maximum warp and engage in the captains orders. Also please hail Heather and let her know those field rations will have to hold out awhile longer."

Julia glance to her captain waiting for the final order.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 3:11 pm

Kintiss wrote:
"No need to thank me," he replied in an attempt at modesty. "I only did what I'm good at. Besssidesss, you practically did half the healing yourssself." He was still impressed with her rate of healing. It seemed almost unnatural for a Human.

[Sickbay]

"Perhaps that is true. I have been known to heal rapidly in comparison to many humans, but even my rate of regeneration would have made healing long and arduous had you not attended my injuries," Zero pointed out quietly. When Captain T'Koris had brought her back from the Romulan Empire, there would have been no way that Zero could have taken care of herself. It had taken a long time to repair what had been done, and Kintiss had been there for the majority of it, fueled by his regular Klingon coffees.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 3:54 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
The bridge seemed to feel different than it had only moments earlier. She stepped out and was able to catch most of Starks communique. A lump quickly developed in her throat. Julia feared that T'Koris was going to get to teach her those lessons of combat sooner rather than later. The young commander wasted little time. She stepped up to T'Koris and whispered. "We need to be ready, ma'am."

Julia gave those words a moment to settle in before she spoke again and then with a deep and uneasy breathe she turned and took a long look around the bridge.

"Alright team, you heard the man. This is primarily investigation but we aren't certain of what we'll find. We need to be prepared for anything. T'Lara, access the database of USS Voyager and learn everything you can about transwarp conduits and appetures. Security and tactical begin battle drills at once. Review the database and implement any recommended weapons and shield modification and Ensign M'Rai set course for maximum warp and engage in the captains orders. Also please hail Heather and let her know those field rations will have to hold out awhile longer."

[Bridge]

"I am aware," Archangel replied in a low tone of voice to Julia. Being ready was generally impossible when it came to the Borg, but they had to at least try. Thankfully, with Voyager's return from the Delta Quadrant, Starfleet's knowledge of the Borg had increased tenfold.

She kept quiet as Julia started to give out the orders to prepare for their arrival at the potential Borg conduit, observing how she handled it. Often, the worst part of the combat wasn't the fighting itself, but the unknown and the anticipation of the battle.

Once she had finished, Julia looked to her, as did several of the officers. "Well done, number one. I believe you covered most of the bases, except for one." Tapping her commbadge, the captain made another call. "Bridge to sickbay, we are approaching potentially hostile space. Prepare sickbay for triage in the event of combat."
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 9:43 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

Although she would never admit it out loud, Archangel much preferred to be talking to Stark over a viewscreen rather than in person.  She wasn't sure what it was about the man, perhaps the fact that he had taken over her command for a while, but she felt far less tension this way.

As he said that their mission was observation alone, she smiled slightly in return, reading between the lines of what he had said.  Observation and data collection missions were undertaken at the captain's discretion depending on whether or not they considered it to be safe for the ship and crew to get that close to whatever anomaly they were investigating.

"Acknowledged, Admiral," she said once he had finished.  "Phoenix out."

Turning her attention to the bridge in general, she addressed them:  "We have our orders.  Ensign Kejal, once you have the datapak downloaded, give the helm the coordinates so that we can set a course."

[Bridge - Tactical Station]

Though they'd long left the planet with its 'screaming shadows' and crystalline caverns, Safefta couldn't help but shake the feeling that the fear it had left with them had become stuck in her brain. It'd added itself to her usual nightmare repertoire, and now she was still trying to shake off its remnants.

As a result, the Romulan was even more quiet than usual for her, though that was difficult. It allowed her to remain quietly attentive while the bridge went about its duties.

Ideally, one would hope this day would be a quiet one.

The fatal mistake of uttering the word 'quiet', even in one's head, was immediately realized when the face of Admiral Stark filled the viewport. The meek officer's ears perked up as she listened to the details of some far-off readings that were probably nothing but trouble. Transwarp conduits... and it was already such a wonderful day.

If it even was transwarp conduits. Safefta silently tilted her head as she considered this possibility. Whatever it was, she decided, they'd need to be prepared. Julia seemed to have similar ideas. She tapped her combadge.

=/\=Pardek to active security personnel. Ready yourself for battle situations. Drills will commence shortly.=/\=

A general notification might have done well on its own, but Safefta had glanced at the roster and noticed a new name, so she took a moment to contact them separately.

=/\=Ensign Pardek to Petty Officer Terell. Be advised that battle drills will be commencing in five minutes. Be prepared to take an appropriate station and respond to scenarios present. Now would be an excellent time to ensure that all combat necessary equipment is in perfect order.=/\=

A 'please' should have fit in there somewhere. Pardek grimaced at her lack of conformity to human social norms, but quickly shrugged it off and returned to programming a sequence of drills for the tactical teams to handle. It was rather interesting to do so, being an Ensign and a bridge officer simultaneously. With new work to think about, her worries of her nightmare were far out the exhaust vent.

With her messages delivered, Safefta turned to the other half-Vulcan. "A collaboration will allow me to improve shield modifications by a substantial degree," came her monotone words to T'Lara.
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 10:37 pm

Safefta Pardek wrote:

=/\=Ensign Pardek to Petty Officer Terell. Be advised that battle drills will be commencing in five minutes. Be prepared to take an appropriate station and respond to scenarios present. Now would be an excellent time to ensure that all combat necessary equipment is in perfect order.=/\=

[Torpedo Bay One]

Conor raised a slight eyebrow at the incoming transmission, but dismissed it from his mind. Apparently, whatever the bridge was about...there was the possibility of running into trouble. Of course, that could be said of any day on a starship. Is that it, then, dad? he thought, tapping his badge. Is it the thrill of it all that made you listen to mom and stay away?

=^="Terell here. Torpedo bays on standby, ready to load on command. Modular sensor probe fittings also on standby. Simply put, we're ready down here. A secondary fire team assessment of the phaser arrays reports green."=^=

He'd not had much of a chance to meet with all of the security team beyond Chief Deela and a handful of others. Pardek's chilly aloofness was rather well-known, however. With any luck, he wouldn't have to find out if she had a Romulan temper under all of it.
Back to top Go down
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 11:17 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

[Ready Room]

Julia nodded as the Captain exited the office. Julia wasn't sure what the long term implications of this would be. She joined Starfleet several years ago, utilising Starfleet as the best possible avenue to work on her research. She never truly intended to seek a red uniform out. It never evened crossed her mind, until very recently. When Starfleet pulled the plug on her research something special was lost. She had been trying to fill this deep void ever since. Julia changed uniforms and placed her blue one back into the replicator. She then took her first steps onto the bridge as the ships Exrcutive Officer.

[Bridge]

After her encounter with the crystalline structures and the dark shadows, T'Lara had spent many hours in meditation. Naturally, the pain and weakness had disappeared very quickly, but the feelings of anger and dread she'd experienced were taking longer to forget. After her meditation, working on the sensor array on the bridge helped take her mind off it. She didn't think to question Gavin about his experience with the shadow entities. She'd started to consider him to be her friend, and she knew that since he was human he might appreciate having someone to talk to. But since her own experience had been so unsettling, she wasn't sure if she even wished to discuss it.

[Bridge]

Sitting at the science station, T'Lara monitored the sensors and checked on the efficiency of the modifications she and Gavin had made. Shortly after she sat down, a transmission came from Admiral Stark. She listened, and the mention of transwarp conduits particularly caught her interest, as she assumed it probably did for everyone else as well. It seemed that their plans to go to G12 were going to have to wait. Once the transmission was over, T'Lara quickly noticed that her DH was wearing a new uniform. She certainly deserved the promotion. Just as she suspected, Julia was as curious about the transmissions as she was. But if they were going to investigate, they would need to be very careful.

"Aye, Commander," she said as she started accessing the Voyager data banks.

Safefta Pardek wrote:
With her messages delivered, Safefta turned to the other half-Vulcan. "A collaboration will allow me to improve shield modifications by a substantial degree," came her monotone words to T'Lara.

T'Lara looked up and toward the voice of the tactical officer. "Ackowledged," she answered in a similarly straight tone before going back to her reading.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 1:23 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

"I am aware," Archangel replied in a low tone of voice to Julia.  Being ready was generally impossible when it came to the Borg, but they had to at least try.  Thankfully, with Voyager's return from the Delta Quadrant, Starfleet's knowledge of the Borg had increased tenfold.

She kept quiet as Julia started to give out the orders to prepare for their arrival at the potential Borg conduit, observing how she handled it.  Often, the worst part of the combat wasn't the fighting itself, but the unknown and the anticipation of the battle.

Once she had finished, Julia looked to her, as did several of the officers.  "Well done, number one.  I believe you covered most of the bases, except for one."  Tapping her commbadge, the captain made another call.  "Bridge to sickbay, we are approaching potentially hostile space.  Prepare sickbay for triage in the event of combat."

[Bridge]

Her world was already looking different through the shade of red that captain T'Koris had placed over her eyes. Julia gave a slight nod to Archangel as the crew began to react to the orders that she had issued. "Yes ma'am, hopefully we won't be needing the services of the kind doctors." She smiled and stepped down onto the lower part of the bridge and took a position behind the Catian at the helm. She looked down and said, "Ensign, set our course to the coordinates provided by Stark and engage at warp 7.5." Julia looked behind her, back to the captain. "Ma'am we should arrive at the coordinates in 3 hours and 17 minutes."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 12:56 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
Her world was already looking different through the shade of red that captain T'Koris had placed over her eyes. Julia gave a slight nod to Archangel as the crew began to react to the orders that she had issued. "Yes ma'am, hopefully we won't be needing the services of the kind doctors." She smiled and stepped down onto the lower part of the bridge and took a position behind the Catian at the helm. She looked down and said, "Ensign, set our course to the coordinates provided by Stark and engage at warp 7.5." Julia looked behind her, back to the captain. "Ma'am we should arrive at the coordinates in 3 hours and 17 minutes."

[Bridge]

"We always hope that the medical staff will have nothing better to do in such situations than sit around playing patience on their PADDs, but they do tend to get rather grumpy if they're not warned in advance of any possible hostile areas of space," Archangel replied with a nod.

She looked to the viewscreen, at the streaks of light left by the stars as the ship passed them at warp. They had more than three hours to prepare themselves for what may greet them at the coordinates. Theoretically, that would be plenty of time, but for some reason, Archangel had her doubts.
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 1:06 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
"Ensign, set our course to the coordinates provided by Stark and engage at warp 7.5."

[Bridge]

Glancing over her shoulder as she was addressed, Persephone quietly noted that Commander Rellek had changed uniform to a red collar. Interesting, she thought to herself, turning back to the console as it pinged to signal to her that the coordinates had been received.

"Acknowledged, Commanderrrrrr," she replied, tapping in the appropriate course changes. "Courrrse locked in."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 9:58 am

[Bridge - 1045 Hours]

The crew had done a fantastic job preparing the Phoenix for any contingency. Somewhere, deep down, Julia still clung to the hope that they would just scan and leave but things never had a tendency to go that easily, especially when the Borg were involved. Although the crew performed their duties exceptionally, Julia could sense the tension. It wasn't necessary to be a Betazoid to sense the nerves. She wasn't sure how everyone else coped but she focused on her work and tried to push her tension aside.

Julia glanced at her console and noticed their proximity to their destination. She took her seat next to Captain T'Koris.

"Ensign M'Rai, take us out of warp. Lets keep our distance from those coordinates. We don't want any surprises. Be prepared to jump to warp." Julia looked around the bridge, addressing the entire team. "If we do encounter the Borg we need to get the hell out fast. If we don't survive there won't be anyone to warn Athena or Starfleet of the threat."

"T'Lara, I need you and Lieutenant VanGelder to use the research you've done to ascertain if we are, in fact, near a transwarp conduit. Ensign Kejal and Pardek, work together. Scan the area for potential threats."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 10:19 am

Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 22%20-%20Vidiians

[Vidiian Bridge]

The Phage has taken its toll on their society over the last 5 years. There was almost no one left uninfected and attempts to cure the disease have been futile. This left them with few alternatives, harvesting organs. It was the only way they had learned to fight the Phage. Several Vidiians were working on exploring for new locations to extract organs. They had bled the Delta Quadrant dry and the species in their own quadrant were developing new strategies to combat them. That was when they discovered and unused Borg transwarp conduit that was stable and lead to the outer edges of the Alpha quadrant.

They were exploring the region when a Starfleet ship appeared on their sensors. They moved the ship into a nearby nebula to observe their actions before they decided how to proceed.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 8:27 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

"T'Lara, I need you and Lieutenant VanGelder to use the research you've done to ascertain if we are, in fact, near a transwarp conduit. Ensign Kejal and Pardek, work together. Scan the area for potential threats."

[Bridge]

"It certainly looks like a transwarp aperture to me," Gavin said, frowning, as he barreled through the turbolift doors, entering the bridge area and making a beeline for T'Lara's station. He nodded at Safefta as he did so, smiling a greeting to the Romulan. For some reason, he always felt like she and Thelos would get along, if they ever became friends. "The readings are consistent with what we know about them." He didn't have to say what that meant. The threat of the Borg returning was something in the back of everyone's mind. If anyone could find a way, it would be those monsters.

Gavin suddenly stopped, cocking an eyebrow as he turned from T'Lara's science station, turning slowly to examine the maroon collar around Julia's neck. "Uh...did I miss something?" He grinned, not passing up a chance to rib his CSO. "Should I kneel?"
Back to top Go down
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 9:12 pm

Quote :

"Yes, Commander." T'Lara began a scan, but before she could confirm anything her colleague appeared on the bridge.

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[Bridge]

"It certainly looks like a transwarp aperture to me," Gavin said, frowning, as he barreled through the turbolift doors, entering the bridge area and making a beeline for T'Lara's station.  He nodded at Safefta as he did so, smiling a greeting to the Romulan.  For some reason, he always felt like she and Thelos would get along, if they ever became friends.  "The readings are consistent with what we know about them."  He didn't have to say what that meant.  The threat of the Borg returning was something in the back of everyone's mind.  If anyone could find a way, it would be those monsters.

Gavin suddenly stopped, cocking an eyebrow as he turned from T'Lara's science station, turning slowly to examine the maroon collar around Julia's neck.  "Uh...did I miss something?"  He grinned, not passing up a chance to rib his CSO.  "Should I kneel?"

As Gavin made a comment about Julia's new rank, T'Lara looked at the readings and found that she agreed with him. They were in fact near a transwarp aperture.
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 12:29 pm

[Bridge]

Transwarp aperture.

Swallowing a sigh, Conor stepped onto the bridge. He'd checked and re-checked the phase rifle in his hand. It was a mean machine, some true top-of-the-line stuff - type 3b compression rifle - its frequencies set to the widest range of oscillation. In the years since the first Borg incursion into Federation space, Starfleet vowed not to be caught with their pants down again.

He took a breath, holding it for a moment and letting it out slowly. That was a little trick he'd learned to control his nerves when drawing a bead on a target, and it felt appropriate today. It wasn't that he was exactly nervous, but it was his first real assignment. Added to that the possibility of facing the Borg, and...well. Who wouldn't be nervous? Probably the Vulcan, Conor thought, glancing toward the sciences console. But...did Vulcans ever feel anything? His best smile would probably be wasted on her, too.

Conor quietly stood beside the door, the rifle slung across his back. He'd rather have held it at the ready, but things weren't a combat zone. Yet.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 2:37 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[Bridge]

"It certainly looks like a transwarp aperture to me," Gavin said, frowning, as he barreled through the turbolift doors, entering the bridge area and making a beeline for T'Lara's station.  He nodded at Safefta as he did so, smiling a greeting to the Romulan.  For some reason, he always felt like she and Thelos would get along, if they ever became friends.  "The readings are consistent with what we know about them."  He didn't have to say what that meant.  The threat of the Borg returning was something in the back of everyone's mind.  If anyone could find a way, it would be those monsters.

Gavin suddenly stopped, cocking an eyebrow as he turned from T'Lara's science station, turning slowly to examine the maroon collar around Julia's neck.  "Uh...did I miss something?"  He grinned, not passing up a chance to rib his CSO.  "Should I kneel?"

[Bridge]

Julia flashed a slight smile to her partner in the science department. "I don't think kneeling is necessary, but should the need arise I will ensure that you are the first to know." It seemed odd to chuckle in such a tense situation, but Gavin had an ability to bring that out in her.

"Scan for Borg..." A proximity alarm went off. "...Report, is it Borg?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 10: The Harvest   Mission 10: The Harvest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 10: The Harvest
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next