Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 4: Behind the Mask

Go down 
+9
Safefta Pardek
Zero Alpha
Chira Abols
Archangel T'Koris
Gabriel Arthur
NPC
Tufezr Nefen
Alexander Wu
Gavin Van Gelder
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Mission 4: Behind the Mask Empty
PostSubject: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Captain's Log

Admiral Deacon has sent us on a diplomatic mission to perform the final investigation of a planet in the Alpha Leonis system which is in the final stages of Federation membership.  A human colony, established many generations ago who declared independence and now wished to become aligned.

President Gorova seems open and friendly in all the dealings so far and shore leave has been approved for all personnel not on duty.

[Planetside]

The weather control kept the planet warm and sunny as Archangel walked with the president of the planet through an immaculately kept park in the centre of the principle city.

She made a mental note to herself to bring her daughters down to play in the sunshine once she went off duty.  It was something that was sorely lacking on a starship.

"I have organised a formal dinner for you and your senior officers this evening," he was saying.  Archangel nodded in acknowledgement.  

"You honour us, Mr President," she replied.  This wasn't something that she was very good at, being diplomatic, but she would do her best to perform her duty.

Last edited by Archangel T'Koris on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 1:55 pm

[USS Phoenix - XO's Ready Room]

First Officer's Log, addendum. We've reached our planetary destination, and the captain has transported down, along with sufficient security in tow. The rest of us are cooling our heels above the planet, with all senior officers dreading the thought of dress whites and dinner manners, tonight.

Gabriel Arthur ended the log, leaning back a little in his desk chair. He'd requested two of the ship's newest crewmembers to stop by, but there'd probably be a few minutes passing before they arrived. On his desk was a stack of reports from the removal and damage control operations from the Gamm Thera colony. Unfortunately, it couldn't be helped, and Mills' operation would have to be relocated. Gabe knew what a pain in the ass that uprooting an entire colony was, especially over bird crap, but...the law was the law.

A slight movement caught his eye on the far edge of the desk. Moving the stack of padds, Gabriel grinned widely at the sight of one of his holophoto frames. Apparently, one of the padd corners had touched it and activated it. On the photo was Seika, his eldest daughter, carrying her little sister Aria in her arms. Say 'hello, daddy,' holo-Seika said, with holo-Aria giggling and burying her face in her sister's shoulder. She won't saaaay it, daddy! She's just *being* like this on purpose! The holographic Seika rolled her eyes, and Gabriel smiled. He hoped that the girls could get some time on the planet, too.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 2:49 pm

[USS Phoenix - Medical Lab]

Gav shuffled a few of the padds he was holding, wondering why the hell he hadn't taken the time to condense the information all onto one. It was a habit he had noticed more than a few officers doing. After all, the things had incredible information storage capacity. It reminded him of one of his high school science fair projects - a theoretical padd that downloaded data via subspace into a neighboring black hole. The end result was infinite storage space, but his principals had certainly thought it was too dangerous, and had taken the padd...along with his research. Despite all his pleading to the contrary, they'd decided that a thirteen-year-old should not be playing with black holes.

Grinning at the memory, Gav poked his head in the main medical lab. He was hoping that Thelos was around, but he was also curious about the latest readings dealing with the flagellate protozoans taken from the last mission.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 2:55 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gav shuffled a few of the padds he was holding, wondering why the hell he hadn't taken the time to condense the information all onto one.  It was a habit he had noticed more than a few officers doing.  After all, the things had incredible information storage capacity.  It reminded him of one of his high school science fair projects - a theoretical padd that downloaded data via subspace into a neighboring black hole.  The end result was infinite storage space, but his principals had certainly thought it was too dangerous, and had taken the padd...along with his research.  Despite all his pleading to the contrary, they'd decided that a thirteen-year-old should not be playing with black holes.

Grinning at the memory, Gav poked his head in the main medical lab.  He was hoping that Thelos was around, but he was also curious about the latest readings dealing with the flagellate protozoans taken from the last mission.

Despite the fact that she wished that she was back in her quarters with Jiseth and Ghost, but there were only so many days off that she could take before questions started to be asked, and questions were one thing she didn't need a lot of.

Since there wasn't much to be done in the main sickbay, she had, as usual, squirreled herself away in the lab to work on one of her pet projects, notably the Phage virus that Voyager had encountered.

Hearing the door slide open, Zero looked up from her microscope to see Gavin poking his head in. One pale eyebrow was raised.

"Good afternoon," she said after a moment to remember the social graces required.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Despite the fact that she wished that she was back in her quarters with Jiseth and Ghost, but there were only so many days off that she could take before questions started to be asked, and questions were one thing she didn't need a lot of.

Since there wasn't much to be done in the main sickbay, she had, as usual, squirreled herself away in the lab to work on one of her pet projects, notably the Phage virus that Voyager had encountered.

Hearing the door slide open, Zero looked up from her microscope to see Gavin poking his head in.  One pale eyebrow was raised.

"Good afternoon," she said after a moment to remember the social graces required.

[Medical Lab]

"Oh! Hey, Zero," Gavin said, dropping his padds on the tabletop. "I wasn't sure who would be here. Hope I'm not interrupting." It reminded him a little bit, actually, of the first time he'd ever met her, before he even knew about the tangential relationship he had with her, in the most distant of genetic senses. She'd been researching, and he had basically walked up and started a conversation. Despite all her efforts to the contrary. "I guess Thelos isn't around, yet. Not that I don't like you. You're like, easily, my second-favorite person in Medical," he said, grinning.

He looked around, noting that they were mostly alone. Gavin moved closer to her microscope station, dropping his voice. "I guess it's almost time to send some bread crumbs to Medical..."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:29 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[Medical Lab]

"Oh!  Hey, Zero," Gavin said, dropping his padds on the tabletop.  "I wasn't sure who would be here.  Hope I'm not interrupting."  It reminded him a little bit, actually, of the first time he'd ever met her, before he even knew about the tangential relationship he had with her, in the most distant of genetic senses.  She'd been researching, and he had basically walked up and started a conversation.  Despite all her efforts to the contrary.  "I guess Thelos isn't around, yet.  Not that I don't like you.  You're like, easily, my second-favorite person in Medical," he said, grinning.

He looked around, noting that they were mostly alone.  Gavin moved closer to her microscope station, dropping his voice.  "I guess it's almost time to send some bread crumbs to Medical..."

[Medical Lab]

Gavin's attempts to run over what might have been a social gaff completely flew over Zero's head. She blinked at him, one eyebrow raised for a moment before her cousin approached.

The mention of Starfleet Medical had Zero tensing up. Letting out a breath to calm herself, the nodded. There was logic in his words. "Yes, they will be expecting a report from you."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 4:09 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Gavin's attempts to run over what might have been a social gaff completely flew over Zero's head.  She blinked at him, one eyebrow raised for a moment before her cousin approached.

The mention of Starfleet Medical had Zero tensing up.  Letting out a breath to calm herself, the nodded.  There was logic in his words.  "Yes, they will be expecting a report from you."

[Medical Lab]

Was she going to make him drag it out? Of course she is, because she's Zero Alpha, and Zero Alpha does things like that. It was an unfair thought, yes, but Gavin had been in a particularly terrible mood of late. A lot of it had to do with how the last away mission had ended, where he'd unfairly taken the brunt of the blame for a Prime Directive breach...when the entire landing party was just as guilty! Not that it mattered, seeing as how his career was done, anyway.

"Yeah. I guess they will. The question is..." he asked, leaning against the desk next to Zero, "what do we wanna tell them?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 6:12 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[Medical Lab]

Was she going to make him drag it out?  Of course she is, because she's Zero Alpha, and Zero Alpha does things like that.  It was an unfair thought, yes, but Gavin had been in a particularly terrible mood of late.  A lot of it had to do with how the last away mission had ended, where he'd unfairly taken the brunt of the blame for a Prime Directive breach...when the entire landing party was just as guilty!  Not that it mattered, seeing as how his career was done, anyway.

"Yeah.  I guess they will.  The question is..." he asked, leaning against the desk next to Zero, "what do we wanna tell them?"

[Medical Lab]

Zero carefully set aside the petri dish she had been working on, neatly folding her hands on her lap as she considered Gavin's question. It was a difficult question, that was for sure. What did they tell Starfleet Medical that they would believe and wouldn't a, make them decide that she needed to go back for reeducation or b, make them suspicious and force her back anyway.

She sighed slightly. "It is not the question of what we wish to tell them, but what is it that they wish to hear?"
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 10:47 pm

[Arboretum]

One of the common misconceptions Safefta found that people had about her was that she did absolutely nothing outside of her job in security. It wasn't that hard to make that mistaken assumption... she didn't really go out of her way to socialize or anything like that... but spending all her time in her quarters with her loud and annoying roommate would probably be even less disarable.

One of the places she did frequent was the flora in the arboretum. Plants didn't talk or make too much noise- well, depending on the species, anyway. If you knew how to do it right you could even avoid the other people in the room, too.

It was while doing that she spotted someone familiar out of the corner of her eye next to a large window. Pardek turned. She almost missed him- the yellow uniform threw her off. I did hear you were transferred here, Alex... but I had almost thought it was just a rumor. Your are certainly playing the same stealth game, it seems.

He didn't particularly look like he wanted to be bothered, with a drink in his hand and a less-than happy expression on his face... but Safefta had never been a very good judge of what was socially acceptable or not.

"This is an interesting place to be having a drink, Alexander," she said blankly, glancing briefly to the starfield outside the transparent aluminium.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 11:26 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[USS Phoenix - XO's Ready Room]

First Officer's Log, addendum.  We've reached our planetary destination, and the captain has transported down, along with sufficient security in tow.  The rest of us are cooling our heels above the planet, with all senior officers dreading the thought of dress whites and dinner manners, tonight.

Gabriel Arthur ended the log, leaning back a little in his desk chair.  He'd requested two of the ship's newest crewmembers to stop by, but there'd probably be a few minutes passing before they arrived.  On his desk was a stack of reports from the removal and damage control operations from the Gamm Thera colony.  Unfortunately, it couldn't be helped, and Mills' operation would have to be relocated.  Gabe knew what a pain in the ass that uprooting an entire colony was, especially over bird crap, but...the law was the law.

A slight movement caught his eye on the far edge of the desk.  Moving the stack of padds, Gabriel grinned widely at the sight of one of his holophoto frames.  Apparently, one of the padd corners had touched it and activated it.  On the photo was Seika, his eldest daughter, carrying her little sister Aria in her arms.  Say 'hello, daddy,' holo-Seika said, with holo-Aria giggling and burying her face in her sister's shoulder.  She won't saaaay it, daddy!  She's just *being* like this on purpose!  The holographic Seika rolled her eyes, and Gabriel smiled.  He hoped that the girls could get some time on the planet, too.

[Corridor Outside XO's Ready Room]

As Julia approached Commander Arthur's ready room her nerves began to get the best of her and she began to fiddle with her com badge. Julia only fiddled with her com badge hen she was nervous. It was widely regarded as her tell. She wasn't sure why she was nervous. She had a strong resume leading into this assignment; a deep space assignment was a logical next step in her career. She was very concerned with fitting in. This was, however, her first posting out of the scientific research community. Julia made it to the door and hesitated as she reached for the door chime. She took a deep breathe and then pressed the button.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Wu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 11:45 pm

Safefta Pardek wrote:
[Arboretum]

One of the common misconceptions Safefta found that people had about her was that she did absolutely nothing outside of her job in security. It wasn't that hard to make that mistaken assumption... she didn't really go out of her way to socialize or anything like that... but spending all her time in her quarters with her loud and annoying roommate would probably be even less disarable.

One of the places she did frequent was the flora in the arboretum. Plants didn't talk or make too much noise- well, depending on the species, anyway. If you knew how to do it right you could even avoid the other people in the room, too.

It was while doing that she spotted someone familiar out of the corner of her eye next to a large window. Pardek turned. She almost missed him- the yellow uniform threw her off. I did hear you were transferred here, Alex... but I had almost thought it was just a rumor. Your are certainly playing the same stealth game, it seems.

He didn't particularly look like he wanted to be bothered, with a drink in his hand and a less-than happy expression on his face... but Safefta had never been a very good judge of what was socially acceptable or not.

"This is an interesting place to be having a drink, Alexander," she said blankly, glancing briefly to the starfield outside the transparent aluminium.

[Arboretum]

Never having really been interested in trees or flowers, Alex had been pleasantly surprised the first time he had taken the wrong turn and ended up in the large, mostly vacant bay. It was o'dark hundred, he had been heading back to his cabin after another long night at the local(only) watering hole, and the room was deserted, the lighting dimmed.

When he woke up the next morning, curled up in a secluded corner and hidden from view without anyone having found or disturbed him, Alex knew he had found his new spot. Refreshments were easy enough to come by; a forgotten crate in cargo bay 3 and some handed down knowledge meant that he saved a considerable amount of latinum. Of course, he still visited the lounge on occasion. That was the downside of being recognized as a regular. As an added benefit, between the two locations, he managed to avoid most of the crew, in particular those he knew from the Tenth.

Unscrewing his flask, a memorabilia from his first trade course, Alex took a swig, staring out at the starfield slowly drifting past. From his vantage, the glow from the planet below was just enough to grace the window, but wasn't enough to drown out the pinpricks of light. Suze would love an image, he considered instinctively. Then, like a moth flying too close to a flame, reality burnt through his pipedream. Would have loved.

Closing his eyes briefly to stem the sudden wave of remorse, Alex was roughly grounded back to the present by a familiar voice. Damnit. I knew I couldn't hide from her forever, but why does it have to be now? "Not...really." He replied slowly, managing not to slur. "The trees...talk to me. Sometimes. Helps me think."

It had been months since they had last seen each other, and as Alex looked up at the lithe romulan, he couldn't help but wonder how she always seemed to stay exactly the same. Lucky genes...I guess. "Saf. Where've you been?"
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 12:05 am

Alexander Wu wrote:

[Arboretum]

Never having really been interested in trees or flowers, Alex had been pleasantly surprised the first time he had taken the wrong turn and ended up in the large, mostly vacant bay. It was o'dark hundred, he had been heading back to his cabin after another long night at the local(only) watering hole, and the room was deserted, the lighting dimmed.

When he woke up the next morning, curled up in a secluded corner and hidden from view without anyone having found or disturbed him, Alex knew he had found his new spot. Refreshments were easy enough to come by; a forgotten crate in cargo bay 3 and some handed down knowledge meant that he saved a considerable amount of latinum. Of course, he still visited the lounge on occasion. That was the downside of being recognized as a regular. As an added benefit, between the two locations, he managed to avoid most of the crew, in particular those he knew from the Tenth.

Unscrewing his flask, a memorabilia from his first trade course, Alex took a swig, staring out at the starfield slowly drifting past. From his vantage, the glow from the planet below was just enough to grace the window, but wasn't enough to drown out the pinpricks of light. Suze would love an image, he considered instinctively. Then, like a moth flying too close to a flame, reality burnt through his pipedream. Would have loved.

Closing his eyes briefly to stem the sudden wave of remorse, Alex was roughly grounded back to the present by a familiar voice. Damnit. I knew I couldn't hide from her forever, but why does it have to be now? "Not...really." He replied slowly, managing not to slur. "The trees...talk to me. Sometimes. Helps me think."

It had been months since they had last seen each other, and as Alex looked up at the lithe romulan, he couldn't help but wonder how she always seemed to stay exactly the same. Lucky genes...I guess. "Saf. Where've you been?"

[Arboretum]

"The trees... speak to you?" Safefta asked, not understanding. Must be a human metaphor or... something. Or maybe Alex was just drunk. That may not be too far off from the truth, she thought in passing as she took an observation of her friend's careful tone.

She had endless questions, of course. There were some things that she already knew, through one way or another... but there were so many gaps. She knew there'd been some kind of family tragedy or something, and then Alex had vanished for several months without warning. How or why or anything beyond that was a mystery to her.

"I have been..." I do not know how to answer this. "... Navigating the system since graduating the Academy I suppose the correct answer. Dare I ask the same of you?"
Back to top Go down
Alexander Wu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 12:23 am

Safefta Pardek wrote:

[Arboretum]

"The trees... speak to you?" Safefta asked, not understanding. Must be a human metaphor or... something. Or maybe Alex was just drunk. That may not be too far off from the truth, she thought in passing as she took an observation of her friend's careful tone.

She had endless questions, of course. There were some things that she already knew, through one way or another... but there were so many gaps. She knew there'd been some kind of family tragedy or something, and then Alex had vanished for several months without warning. How or why or anything beyond that was a mystery to her.

"I have been..." I do not know how to answer this. "... Navigating the system since graduating the Academy I suppose the correct answer. Dare I ask the same of you?"

[Arboretum]

"Eh. Speak...Listen. Same difference." Alex patted a clear spot next to him, sweeping some of the leaves away. "Here, free seat." His eyes flickered towards her collar, a passable smile crossing his face. "I'm proud of you, Saf. Dunno if I've told you that before."

"Here," Alex took another quick swig before passing the flask to her, barely noticing the harsh burn traveling down his throat, or the brief rasp that tinged his voice. "Congratulations are long overdue, I think." He fell silent for a moment, musing on her query. Bugger it, not like I can hide it forever. "Prison." He stated abruptly, leaning back against a tree trunk, his gaze returning to the window.
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 12:39 am

Alexander Wu wrote:

[Arboretum]

"Eh. Speak...Listen. Same difference." Alex patted a clear spot next to him, sweeping some of the leaves away. "Here, free seat." His eyes flickered towards her collar, a passable smile crossing his face. "I'm proud of you, Saf. Dunno if I've told you that before."

"Here," Alex took another quick swig before passing the flask to her, barely noticing the harsh burn traveling down his throat, or the brief rasp that tinged his voice. "Congratulations are long overdue, I think." He fell silent for a moment, musing on her query. Bugger it, not like I can hide it forever. "Prison." He stated abruptly, leaning back against a tree trunk, his gaze returning to the window.

[Arboretum]

The trees listened? That didn't make sense to her either... but maybe there were some trees with ears, or something. Safefta found herself glancing around for such a plant before giving up. Besides, Alex was already carrying on the coversation in a different direction. She glanced at the clear patch of ground before sitting down, adjusting her lanky limbs until she was comfortable.

"Thank you," she said automatically. Truthfully, like everything else graduating from the Academy hadn't felt like much of an accomplishment- even if it had been literal hell at times. Alex's voice wasn't really all that convincing, either... but that could just be the alcohol again. She turned the flask over in her hand once before taking a brief swig. It was... well, she didn't know what it was... it didn't have the same intense burn of Romulan ale, but it was probably considered strong by human standards. Maybe she'd ask about it or-

Welp. Alex's answer came bluntly enough to cut that train of thought right away. It certainly was a surprise to her. That was not the answer I expected... She had a hard time picturing how Alex, her rather mild-mannered friend, had landed himself in prison.  "Ah.. well, as I have heard humans put it... I have been there, done that, and I did not like it. I doubt you did either. Are you going to be angry if I query as to why?" She replied evenly.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Wu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 12:59 am

Safefta Pardek wrote:

[Arboretum]

The trees listened? That didn't make sense to her either... but maybe there were some trees with ears, or something. Safefta found herself glancing around for such a plant before giving up. Besides, Alex was already carrying on the coversation in a different direction. She glanced at the clear patch of ground before sitting down, adjusting her lanky limbs until she was comfortable.

"Thank you," she said automatically. Truthfully, like everything else graduating from the Academy hadn't felt like much of an accomplishment- even if it had been literal hell at times. Alex's voice wasn't really all that convincing, either... but that could just be the alcohol again. She turned the flask over in her hand once before taking a brief swig. It was... well, she didn't know what it was... it didn't have the same intense burn of Romulan ale, but it was probably considered strong by human standards. Maybe she'd ask about it or-

Welp. Alex's answer came bluntly enough to cut that train of thought right away. It certainly was a surprise to her. That was not the answer I expected... She had a hard time picturing how Alex, her rather mild-mannered friend, had landed himself in prison.  "Ah.. well, as I have heard humans put it... I have been there, done that, and I did not like it. I doubt you did either. Are you going to be angry if I query as to why?" She replied evenly.

[Arboretum]

Filing away somewhere in the back of his mind to ask Safefta about what she meant about the 'been there, done that', Alex retorted, "Only if you don't mind me asking about those beauty marks", before chuckled humourlessly. "Apparently it's what happens when you think someone's a waste of oxygen. I decided to do something about it."

Taking the flask back from Saf's hand, Alex gave her a wink. "Angry...pfft. It's too late to be angry." He shook the near-empty flask hintingly, before tipping it back and draining the container. Belching quietly, he clumsily screwed the cap back on, tucking it back into his pocket. "What say we take this party to the lounge?"
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 1:13 am

Alexander Wu wrote:

[Arboretum]

Filing away somewhere in the back of his mind to ask Safefta about what she meant about the 'been there, done that', Alex retorted, "Only if you don't mind me asking about those beauty marks", before chuckled humourlessly. "Apparently it's what happens when you think someone's a waste of oxygen. I decided to do something about it."

Taking the flask back from Saf's hand, Alex gave her a wink. "Angry...pfft. It's too late to be angry." He shook the near-empty flask hintingly, before tipping it back and draining the container. Belching quietly, he clumsily screwed the cap back on, tucking it back into his pocket. "What say we take this party to the lounge?"

[Arboretum]

Safefta briefly lifted her hand to her eye level to look at the scars criss-crossing it. She sighed with a shrug. You have never asked before. Why would now be any different? It didn't occur to her that maybe he'd wanted to ask and just didn't. When she had a question, usually it was asked without thinking too much about the consequences.

Alex apparently decided to answer her question anyway. Of course, it just raised even more questions- Did he kill them? What did they say to incite his anger? But she condensed and revised it to more of a statement. "---There are few things worth doing that over... but I believe I know you well enough to say that whatever it was, it was important."

The suggestion to move to a different room prompted a raised eyebrow from Safefta, as did his heavy drinking. Have you always done this? I do not remember. If I had, I would have joined you more often.

"I would not be opposed... but are you intoxicated to the point of tripping if we attempt to walk there?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 1:34 am

Julia Rellek wrote:

As Julia approached Commander Arthur's ready room her nerves began to get the best of her and she began to fiddle with her com badge. Julia only fiddled with her com badge hen she was nervous. It was widely regarded as her tell. She wasn't sure why she was nervous. She had a strong resume leading into this assignment; a deep space assignment was a logical next step in her career. She was very concerned with fitting in. This was, however, her first posting out of the scientific research community. Julia made it to the door and hesitated as she reached for the door chime. She took a deep breathe and then pressed the button.

[XO's Ready Room]

"C'mon in," Gabriel called out, standing up from behind his desk and wondering which one it was. He could have easily had the computer tell him, but...where was the fun in that?

He was pleasantly surprised to see their new Sciences ensign step into the room. Gabe had heard good things about her, and her SR had commendations from her previous assignment. It honestly felt good to be getting more research personnel than soldiers...like a reaffirmation of what they were even out here to do in the first place.

"Hullo, Ensign Rellek," he said, offering his hand for a shake. "Commander Gabriel Arthur, XO of this august vessel. Glad to have you on board...can I get you anything from the replicator?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 1:55 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero carefully set aside the petri dish she had been working on, neatly folding her hands on her lap as she considered Gavin's question.  It was a difficult question, that was for sure.  What did they tell Starfleet Medical that they would believe and wouldn't a, make them decide that she needed to go back for reeducation or b, make them suspicious and force her back anyway.

She sighed slightly.  "It is not the question of what we wish to tell them, but what is it that they wish to hear?"

[Medical Lab]

"Yeah...well, I wish that we could tell them that you're adjusting fine, and to butt the hell out of your life," Gavin said, smiling softly at the Augment.  "But I guess that isn't really on the table."  He picked up a padd, idly scrolling through the screens.  Some people thrived on sensory deprivation to encourage thought.  Gavin, however, often found that sensory inundation helped jumpstart his imagination.

"I think, at this stage in the game, we can still get away with some middle-of-the-road reports.  The usual stuff - 'Subject Alpha 01419 continues to assimilate into communal living aboard the starship setting.  Subject shows hesitation in her social interactions, but performs assigned duties with expert capability.  Subject has shown no overtly violent or sociopathic tenancies.'"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 2:12 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[Medical Lab]

"Yeah...well, I wish that we could tell them that you're adjusting fine, and to butt the hell out of your life," Gavin said, smiling softly at the Augment.  "But I guess that isn't really on the table."  He picked up a padd, idly scrolling through the screens.  Some people thrived on sensory deprivation to encourage thought.  Gavin, however, often found that sensory inundation helped jumpstart his imagination.

"I think, at this stage in the game, we can still get away with some middle-of-the-road reports.  The usual stuff - 'Subject Alpha 01419 continues to assimilate into communal living aboard the starship setting.  Subject shows hesitation in her social interactions, but performs assigned duties with expert capability.  Subject has shown no overtly violent or sociopathic tenancies.'"

[Medical Lab]

Zero sighed softly, rubbing the back of her neck. It was an element of body language that she had picked up from her colleagues. She had to admit that it did feel right to use it at times like this when she was tired or fed up with a subject.

"We will have to include different elements with each report. They may become suspicious if your reports on my behaviour do not include my... less than successful endeavours." She paused for a moment, thinking over what had happened since Gavin's last report. "We will need to include Jiseth's return. Not to do so would be a warning that we are not sincere."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 8:29 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[XO's Ready Room]

"C'mon in," Gabriel called out, standing up from behind his desk and wondering which one it was.  He could have easily had the computer tell him, but...where was the fun in that?

He was pleasantly surprised to see their new Sciences ensign step into the room.  Gabe had heard good things about her, and her SR had commendations from her previous assignment.  It honestly felt good to be getting more research personnel than soldiers...like a reaffirmation of what they were even out here to do in the first place.

"Hullo, Ensign Rellek," he said, offering his hand for a shake.  "Commander Gabriel Arthur, XO of this august vessel.  Glad to have you on board...can I get you anything from the replicator?"

[XO's Ready Room]

Julia snapped to full attention and entered Commander Arthur's office. She approached the desk and her back was fully straightened with her hands firmly place at each side. Julia extended her right hand to exchange a handshake with the Commander. "Thank you sir. Ensign Julia Rellek reporting as ordered." Julia said as shaking his hand. Her hand quickly snapped back to it's place at her right side. "I do not need anything at this time but thank you sir."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 10:34 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

[XO's Ready Room]

Julia snapped to full attention and entered Commander Arthur's office. She approached the desk and her back was fully straightened with her hands firmly place at each side. Julia extended her right hand to exchange a handshake with the Commander. "Thank you sir. Ensign Julia Rellek reporting as ordered." Julia said as shaking his hand. Her hand quickly snapped back to it's place at her right side. "I do not need anything at this time but thank you sir."

[XO's Ready Room]

"Alright," Gabriel said, leaning against the rounded metal corner of the desk.  The poor girl looked strung tight enough that he wondered if she'd vibrate if he plucked her nose.  Ensigns, he thought, remembering back to his own time as a junior officer.  He'd never been too into the spit-and-polish...riding mustang up from the Enlistee ranks tended to leave that attitude.  "It's good to meet you, Ms. Rellek.  I guess you kinda have to call me 'sir', but you don't need to stand at attention with me.  I hope you're finding the ship to your liking, ensign."

A small noise sounded from the far corner of the office, and Gabriel grinned.  "One moment," he said, moving over to the little playpen that had been set up there, pulling the two-year-old out.  She had heavy blonde curls dangling to her shoulders, thick and wavy, and was wearing a dark purple jumper.  Gabriel normally wouldn't have had his daughter at his duty station, but the majority of the ship was getting ready to head out on planetside leave.  He was just wrapping a few things up in the office before going...and Aria and her sister had been spatting in the morning. "This is Aria, my daughter. Can you say 'hullo' to Ensign Rellek?" he asked the little girl, who smiled happily, and then promptly buried her face into her father's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 12:52 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero sighed softly, rubbing the back of her neck.  It was an element of body language that she had picked up from her colleagues.  She had to admit that it did feel right to use it at times like this when she was tired or fed up with a subject.

"We will have to include different elements with each report.  They may become suspicious if your reports on my behaviour do not include my... less than successful endeavours."  She paused for a moment, thinking over what had happened since Gavin's last report.  "We will need to include Jiseth's return.  Not to do so would be a warning that we are not sincere."

[Med Lab]

"S'pose we will, at that," Gavin nodded.  He would have volunteered to work at her neck a little bit, but the young ensign continued to have visions of Jiseth popping out of the walls, dressed in Tal Shiar black and lodging a dagger in his chest.  So he abstained.  

"We should mention her, yes...but the amount of information given is up to you, really.  I think that the distance at which we're out here gives us some plausible deniability and wiggle room to work with.  What we're really doing is using Medical's own confirmation bias against them - telling them what they expect to hear, even if they don't know it.  They only think they need every detail of your life."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 11:05 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[XO's Ready Room]

"Alright," Gabriel said, leaning against the rounded metal corner of the desk.  The poor girl looked strung tight enough that he wondered if she'd vibrate if he plucked her nose.  Ensigns, he thought, remembering back to his own time as a junior officer.  He'd never been too into the spit-and-polish...riding mustang up from the Enlistee ranks tended to leave that attitude.  "It's good to meet you, Ms. Rellek.  I guess you kinda have to call me 'sir', but you don't need to stand at attention with me.  I hope you're finding the ship to your liking, ensign."

A small noise sounded from the far corner of the office, and Gabriel grinned.  "One moment," he said, moving over to the little playpen that had been set up there, pulling the two-year-old out.  She had heavy blonde curls dangling to her shoulders, thick and wavy, and was wearing a dark purple jumper.  Gabriel normally wouldn't have had his daughter at his duty station, but the majority of the ship was getting ready to head out on planetside leave.  He was just wrapping a few things up in the office before going...and Aria and her sister had been spatting in the morning.  "This is Aria, my daughter.  Can you say 'hullo' to Ensign Rellek?" he asked the little girl, who smiled happily, and then promptly buried her face into her father's shoulder.

[XO Ready Room]

Julia realized that she was probably overdoing it and quickly pulled her hands behind her back to stand at ease. "Yes sir, she seems to be a great ship. I can't wait to see the labs. I have yet to make it down to deck 25." Then Commander Arthur motioned towards his daughter. Julia had been so caught up in everything that she hadn't noticed the little one. When Arthur picked her up all protocol immediately went out the nearest airlock. Julia loved kids. She had yet to decide if she wanted any of her own but she loved gushing over other peoples kids. "Oh my gosh; she's adorable." As she buried her head into Arthur's shoulder Julia looked to the child and said "I bet you're not really shy. This is just for show isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 11:56 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[Med Lab]

"S'pose we will, at that," Gavin nodded.  He would have volunteered to work at her neck a little bit, but the young ensign continued to have visions of Jiseth popping out of the walls, dressed in Tal Shiar black and lodging a dagger in his chest.  So he abstained.  

"We should mention her, yes...but the amount of information given is up to you, really.  I think that the distance at which we're out here gives us some plausible deniability and wiggle room to work with.  What we're really doing is using Medical's own confirmation bias against them - telling them what they expect to hear, even if they don't know it.  They only think they need every detail of your life."

[Medical Lab]

Zero tapped a finger on the smooth, glassy surface of the workbench, considering how words. One day, she wanted to be free of Medical's grasp and the sooner that day came, the better, but she was also aware that she was more likely to drop dead before it happened.

"It would be believable that you are unaware of the arrangements of Jiseth's return, simply that she has returned." She then sighed slightly, shaking her head. "It is difficult to tread the line between what they wish to hear and what will bring about my return to them."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia realized that she was probably overdoing it and quickly pulled her hands behind her back to stand at ease. "Yes sir, she seems to be a great ship. I can't wait to see the labs. I have yet to make it down to deck 25." Then Commander Arthur motioned towards his daughter. Julia had been so caught up in everything that she hadn't noticed the little one. When Arthur picked her up all protocol immediately went out the nearest airlock. Julia loved kids. She had yet to decide if she wanted any of her own but she loved gushing over other peoples kids. "Oh my gosh; she's adorable." As she buried her head into Arthur's shoulder Julia looked to the child and said "I bet you're not really shy. This is just for show isn't it?"

[XO's Office]

Plus one for you, Gabriel thought, though he was far too professional to allow officers' opinions of his children to reflect in his opinion of them...it was nice to see that Ensign Rellek had such a positive reaction to Aria.  Though Starfleet had begun to make tentative steps toward allowing families back on vessels like the Phoenix and her sister classes, there was still a rather vocal contingent that were opposed to it.  In Gabe's opinion, having the girls on board wasn't ideal at all...but it was their life, and it was all his children had ever known.  

Aria turned her head from her father's shoulder, a little smile touching her chubby cheeks.  "Hullo," the toddler said, in almost near-imitation of her father's speech patterns.  Gabriel couldn't help but grin ear-to-ear.  "She's gonna be two next month.  Aria is our youngest...there's also Seika, who is turning five."

He set the little girl down, who grabbed ahold of the desk and began to toddle about the room.  "Well, it was good to meet you, ensign.  I didn't really have any purpose for the meeting other than to say 'hello', and to welcome you aboard.  We're puttin' in for leave on the planet soon, so I imagine you'll be wanting to head that way."

From where she was on the floor, little Aria waddled over to Rellek, her tiny hands giving a little tug on her uniform pant leg.  "Up?" she asked, her heterochromatic eyes looking up quizzically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 4: Behind the Mask
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next