Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 1: The Price of Kindness

Go down 
+14
Raynor Hughes
T'Shar N'Vek
Ilana Telak
Andrew Sheridan
Jiseth
Robert Williams
Thelos th'Zhela
Harold Castor
Gabriel Arthur
NPC
Matthew Thompson
Archangel T'Koris
Jonathan Hart
Zero Alpha
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness Empty
PostSubject: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 6:10 am

Captain's log, stardate 55762.8

The Phoenix left Starbase Athena two days ago now, and I am pleased to report only minor teething troubles so far in her shakedown cruise. nothing my engineering teams can't handle.

We are en route to a nearby binary star system in order to chart it after the loss of an unmanned probe several years ago. I have to admit that I am looking forward to a quiet mission to start out as a captain.

Archangel T'Koris stepped out of the turbolift at the beginning of Alpha shift and onto the bridge, a slight smile on her face. This was her bridge nowm an idea that apparently needed some time to get used to. This was her first command, and the fourth pip on her collar certainly felt heavy. So much responsibility...

Stepping down to the command chairs in the centre of the bridge, she inclined her head to the senior officer who had been in command during the Gamma shift.

"You are relived, commander," she said, maintaining a smile on her face. She didn't want to foster an air of severity on her bridge when she knew that allowing a little lightness and friendliness into the atmosphere made for a far easier time on shift.

She sat down in the captain's chair, the place that was now hers, and surveyed her crew at work. Only just out of dock at Starbase Athena, this was their shakedown cruise and she still had a lot to learn about her new crew.

"All stations report status."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 11:53 am

[USS Phoenix - First Officer's Ready Room]

Begin First Officer's log, stardate 55762.8.

With the starship en route to our destination, we've mainly had our attention on hunting down and squashing gremlins. Nothing major, thankfully. Just enough to keep the engineering and ops kids on their toes. This is the first outing in this
Nebula-class ship, aside from the occasional zip to Mercury and back, and the trip to the starbase.

Speaking of which, we have some guests on board - Admiral Deacon sent the majority of her officer crew on this shakedown with us. Her main reasoning was to give them a chance to bond away from the environment of the base, while they attempt to put the pieces together from the madness of the Beta spores. I don't envy Stark and Deacon in that regard. Thankfully, our mission should be a bit quieter.

Stretching, Gabriel stood up from his desk, returning his used glass to the reclamation unit. It was true enough that he didn't envy the task before the admirals of the Athena - having to deal with the cleanup sweeps, looking for those spores...and the emotional fallout they left in their wake. He had experienced that, personally, and the bones of the skeletons dug up still lay bleaching in the metaphorical sun.

Thinking about the spore incident brought to mind his next task. "My first come-to-my-office call," he mused to himself, grinning. "How thrilling."

=^="Arthur to Doctors Alpha and Abols, come to the First Officer's ready room at your soonest convenience. Arthur out."=^=
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 12:08 pm

[Phoenix - Sickbay]

Though he hadn't thought it would be possible, Henriks was beginning to miss the station. To remain in any given place for so long a period wasn't normally what he would have called fun, but the ever changing ebb and flow of people on the station more than made up for it. Henriks enjoyed the bustle and noise of people, something that a starship lacked. That and Teodors, his cat, enjoyed having free range on the station. Henriks missed his cat too, who was in the care of his friend Amos until he came back.

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[USS Phoenix - First Officer's Ready Room]
=^="Arthur to Doctors Alpha and Abols, come to the First Officer's ready room at your soonest convenience.  Arthur out."=^=

=/\=Aye, sir,=/\= Henriks automatically replied, touching his comm badge with a swift tap. The doors to sickbay slid apart to let him pass out and into the corridor. With a few brisk steps, he was in the turbolift. And moments later he was passing through those doors as well. "Reporting as ordered, sir," Henriks said to Gabe.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 12:09 pm

[Sickbay]

Another assignment, another set of quarters, another office and sickbay to get used to. Zero stood in the middle of her new domain, Ghost sitting at her side, wondering just how much longer she was going to have to do this before Starfleet Medical released their hold on her, if they ever did. Various nurses and junior officers darted around with the same air of business that meant that they were desperately trying not to be found lacking under the pale CMO's eye. Ghost looked up at her, leaning slightly against her leg,his white tail thumping against the ground.

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
=^="Arthur to Doctors Alpha and Abols, come to the First Officer's ready room at your soonest convenience. Arthur out."=^=

With another heavy sigh, she tapped her combadge to respond: "Acknowledged, Commander, I am on my way."

Turning on her heel and, much to the relief of several of her subordinates, left sickbay and headed for the bridge.

[Bridge]

Arriving on the bridge with Ghost still on her heels, she didn't bother acknowledging any of the other officers there, making her way to the First Officer's ready room and keying the chime.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 12:56 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

=/\=Aye, sir,=/\= Henriks automatically replied, touching his comm badge with a swift tap. The doors to sickbay slid apart to let him pass out and into the corridor. With a few brisk steps, he was in the turbolift. And moments later he was passing through those doors as well. "Reporting as ordered, sir," Henriks said to Gabe.

[First Officer's Ready Room]

Gabe glanced up as his doors chimed in their first visitor.  He cracked a wide grin at the mousy-haired man who entered.  Not long from now, Henriks would be his brother-in-law.  Chira was so genuinely happy with him, and it seemed like she couldn't have found a better match if she'd programmed one in a holosuite.

"Abols!" he said, taking up the man's hand and clapping him on the back.  "Hope you two are enjoying your luxury cruise here aboard the Phoenix," he said, laughing.  "I called you and -- "

Zero Alpha wrote:
Arriving on the bridge with Ghost still on her heels, she didn't bother acknowledging any of the other officers there, making her way to the First Officer's ready room and keying the chime.

"...Zero," he said, nodding toward the door.  "Come on in."  The door slid open, revealing the pale Augment.  Gabe smiled at her, too.  Though he was sure she didn't really consider him a friend, he'd been making strides toward being friendlier, at least, with the doctor.  After all, she'd delivered his daughter.  And...well, made Aria a possibility in the first place.  "Hullo, doc.  Glad you two could drop in.  Can I get you anything to drink?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 1:09 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"...Zero," he said, nodding toward the door.  "Come on in."  The door slid open, revealing the pale Augment.  Gabe smiled at her, too.  Though he was sure she didn't really consider him a friend, he'd been making strides toward being friendlier, at least, with the doctor.  After all, she'd delivered his daughter.  And...well, made Aria a possibility in the first place.  "Hullo, doc.  Glad you two could drop in.  Can I get you anything to drink?"

Inclining her head in greeting to the two men, Zero then frowned slightly as Ghost bounded up to the two of them. The canine sat up on his haunches, balancing with his paws tucked into his chest as he looked imploringly at Gabriel.

"I not require anything at this time," the Augment replied evenly. She wasn't sure how to behave with Gabriel now. Before, she had been of use to him in both the secondary conception and then birth of his daughter, but now that he was one of her commanding officers, he would have been informed as to her nature. Very few people knew, and their reactions had always differed. How would he take it? "What is the reason that you require our presence?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 2:07 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Inclining her head in greeting to the two men, Zero then frowned slightly as Ghost bounded up to the two of them.  The canine sat up on his haunches, balancing with his paws tucked into his chest as he looked imploringly at Gabriel.

"I not require anything at this time," the Augment replied evenly.  She wasn't sure how to behave with Gabriel now.  Before, she had been of use to him in both the secondary conception and then birth of his daughter, but now that he was one of her commanding officers, he would have been informed as to her nature.  Very few people knew, and their reactions had always differed.  How would he take it?  "What is the reason that you require our presence?"

[Ready Room]

"I require..." Gabriel said, raising an eyebrow with a playful look, "you to not be so stiff around me, Zero. I think we all know each other well enough by now to drop the formalities. At least, while we're in my office, for God's sake," he said, winking. Not long ago, Gabriel had received a full briefing from Starfleet Medical on Zero Alpha's status as an Augment. It hadn't come as that much of a surprise to him, though - she halfway looked and talked like she wasn't quite human. Honestly, he wouldn't have batted an eye if they'd said she was an android. However, Zero had helped him and Archangel out more than anyone would ever, could ever, know. Distant and chilly as she was, he trusted her fully.

Starfleet Medical had already contacted him, with what seemed like a hundred questions a week. For the most part, he'd politely told them what to go do with themselves. Zero was his CMO, and, more importantly, a member of his crew.

Leaning against his desk, Gabe casually crossed his arms. "Basically, I'm curious about the state of the crew's health, especially after the whole...spore...incident. Have there been any adverse affects, holdovers, from the infections?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 2:55 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Ready Room]

"I require..." Gabriel said, raising an eyebrow with a playful look, "you to not be so stiff around me, Zero.  I think we all know each other well enough by now to drop the formalities.  At least, while we're in my office, for God's sake," he said, winking.  Not long ago, Gabriel had received a full briefing from Starfleet Medical on Zero Alpha's status as an Augment.  It hadn't come as that much of a surprise to him, though - she halfway looked and talked like she wasn't quite human.  Honestly, he wouldn't have batted an eye if they'd said she was an android.  However, Zero had helped him and Archangel out more than anyone would ever, could ever, know.  Distant and chilly as she was, he trusted her fully.  

Starfleet Medical had already contacted him, with what seemed like a hundred questions a week.  For the most part, he'd politely told them what to go do with themselves.  Zero was his CMO, and, more importantly, a member of his crew.

Leaning against his desk, Gabe casually crossed his arms.  "Basically, I'm curious about the state of the crew's health, especially after the whole...spore...incident.  Have there been any adverse affects, holdovers, from the infections?"

"I am not stiff!" Zero protested, a sign of her age coming through in the petulant tone she used as she folded her arms and came dangerously close to a pout. The expression soon slipped to one of slight embarrassment. "I find your colloquialisms to be very difficult and rather confusing. They are not always obvious in their meanings."

She shrugged one shoulder at the mention of the spore incident. She was still confused as to it, given that she hadn't been particularly affected by the plant pollen. Then again, she didn't have much in the way of inhibitions in the first place. "I have not observed any physical after effects, although there have been instances of emotional outbreaks."
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Hart
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Captain's log, stardate 55762.8

The Phoenix left Starbase Athena two days ago now, and I am pleased to report only minor teething troubles so far in her shakedown cruise. nothing my engineering teams can't handle.

We are en route to a nearby binary star system in order to chart it after the loss of an unmanned probe several years ago. I have to admit that I am looking forward to a quiet mission to start out as a captain.

Archangel T'Koris stepped out of the turbolift at the beginning of Alpha shift and onto the bridge, a slight smile on her face. This was her bridge nowm an idea that apparently needed some time to get used to. This was her first command, and the fourth pip on her collar certainly felt heavy. So much responsibility...

Stepping down to the command chairs in the centre of the bridge, she inclined her head to the senior officer who had been in command during the Gamma shift.

"You are relived, commander," she said, maintaining a smile on her face. She didn't want to foster an air of severity on her bridge when she knew that allowing a little lightness and friendliness into the atmosphere made for a far easier time on shift.

She sat down in the captain's chair, the place that was now hers, and surveyed her crew at work. Only just out of dock at Starbase Athena, this was their shakedown cruise and she still had a lot to learn about her new crew.

"All stations report status."

Jon saw the captain walk on to the bridge and his back stiffen. He hadn't seen her seen the the airlock. He wonder if she was ok now. If she held a grudge against him. But all those thoughts vanished, the moment she called for a report. He tuned into the tactical station double checking the readings.

"Tactical is a hundred percent. And I'm reading no vessels on long or short range sensors.", he said.

Last edited by Jonathan Hart on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 5:51 pm

[Mess Hall]

He sat alone his eyes glancing from one person to another. "These people must think me naught but a brute. As soon as they notice me they do no more but turn away." Bursts of red appeared in his eyes.

=/\= Chira, are you on board? If so, meet me in the mess hall. =/\=

He seemed to be a devouring darkness amidst the light.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 6:12 pm

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

Reports, reports...more reports...

Sighing, Chira glanced at the padd she was working on, handing it off to Ensign Falor. "There you go, Jaxa," she grinned, winking at the young Bajoran girl. "I'm sure you'll find it just as thrilling reading as I did." Though the girl outranked her as an officer, Chira had come to know the Phoenix's medical staff fairly well in the past few weeks, ever sine the incident on the station. She'd worked more than one of them through what they'd found out about themselves, or their situations, while under the control of the madness spores.

She moved back over toward her own temporary workstation, pulling out a padd. This contained something as equally important as the inventories of anetrizine. No...more so. It contained a few designs that she'd been agonizing over, often collaborating late into the night with her mother and grandmother over subspace. These designs were for the dress she would wear soon, on that day when she married Henriks Abols. A day that couldn't com soon enough.

Matthew Thompson wrote:

=/\= Chira, are you on board? If so, meet me in the mess hall. =/\=

Chira jumped a little when her name was called, quickly switching the padd off. No, she hadn't been caught writing notes in class, but she was still surprised to hear someone calling for her. As an adjunct to this crew, she was really here only in a cross-training capacity.

=^="Chira here. Yeah, I'm on board! I think Sickbay can spare me, here. I'm on my way. Arthur out."=^=

[Crew Mess]

As she entered the crew mess a few minutes later, Chira nodded to a handful of people that she'd come to know. The person she approached, however, she definitely knew, from back in her days on the Churchill. Honestly, Chira had wondered how Thompson was settling in, but she'd not had a chance to catch up with him since coming on board.

"Hey, Matt. What's up?" Chira asked, taking a lemon water from the wall-mounted replicator unit.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 6:27 pm

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Crew Mess]

As she entered the crew mess a few minutes later, Chira nodded to a handful of people that she'd come to know.  The person she approached, however, she definitely knew, from back in her days on the Churchill.  Honestly, Chira had wondered how Thompson was settling in, but she'd not had a chance to catch up with him since coming on board.

"Hey, Matt.  What's up?" Chira asked, taking a lemon water from the wall-mounted replicator unit.

His eyes suddenly jolted to a crystal-like blue and a smile appeared on his face. "I thought I had heard you were here! It's been a very long time my friend. I wanted to catch up with you." The joy of seeing his old friend almost masked the emotional pain he was in.

In front of him was an empty bottle that he seemed to quickly and shamefully hide away. "I've heard the good news about you and Henriks by the way. I'm very excited for you."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

His eyes suddenly jolted to a crystal-like blue and a smile appeared on his face. "I thought I had heard you were here! It's been a very long time my friend. I wanted to catch up with you." The joy of seeing his old friend almost masked the emotional pain he was in.

In front of him was an empty bottle that he seemed to quickly and shamefully hide away. "I've heard the good news about you and Henriks by the way. I'm very excited for you."

[Crew Mess]

Of course Chira had noticed the bottle, but she decided not to say anything. Thompson appeared to be off-duty at the moment. If he wasn't, then it was an issue for his superior to look into. Then it would probably be shunted up to the XO. While her baby brother was pretty easy-going, his wife would eat someone's cookies and drink their milkshake if they were drunk on duty. So...she decided to give Thompson the benefit of doubt.

"Thanks," she smiled, taking a sip of her water. "We're looking at around Halloween for the wedding date. Earth-time, that is. The official invites will be going out on the intra- and outer-net before too long, but I hope we see you there. Give you a chance to see Riga in the fall." She herself had never been there in the fall, either...at least not in person. But the holoimages had taken her breath away. "So, Matt. It has been a while. How're things going? Settling in with the ship okay?"
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 10:11 pm

Chira Arthur wrote:
[Crew Mess]

Of course Chira had noticed the bottle, but she decided not to say anything.  Thompson appeared to be off-duty at the moment.  If he wasn't, then it was an issue for his superior to look into.  Then it would probably be shunted up to the XO.  While her baby brother was pretty easy-going, his wife would eat someone's cookies and drink their milkshake if they were drunk on duty.  So...she decided to give Thompson the benefit of doubt.

"Thanks," she smiled, taking a sip of her water.  "We're looking at around Halloween for the wedding date.  Earth-time, that is.  The official invites will be going out on the intra- and outer-net before too long, but I hope we see you there.  Give you a chance to see Riga in the fall."  She herself had never been there in the fall, either...at least not in person.  But the holoimages had taken her breath away.  "So, Matt.  It has been a while.  How're things going?  Settling in with the ship okay?"  

He smiled. "You couldn't keep me away. I always look for an excuse to put on a suit. Riga is breathtaking in the fall, I just wish my last visit would've been more than just business." Suddenly his eyes faded to a deep shade of green. "Do you remember me telling you about my fiancé a long time ago? S-she died..because of me."

He shook his head. "I actually just got on board right before we departed. I almost had to beam aboard from my ship." He let out a slight laugh as a slight smile appeared on his face and his eyes began to fade back to blue.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 10:15 pm

[USS Phoenix - Bridge]

Gavin looked up as Captain T'Koris entered the bridge, calling off for a station report.  He took a second or two to try and gauge the Romulan's mood, but came up with nothing.  Gavin hadn't met her beforehand, but Thelos had, and spoke fairly high of her...Gavin knew that T'Koris had been present for the incident that had injured the Andorian.  Thinking of Thelos made him miss Sickbay, but more specifically, it made him miss working closely with the blue-skinned young man.  So here I sit, Gav thought, wondering if he knows if I'm even around.  I might as well be on Mars.

Yes, indeed, he might as well, for all the attention he was paying.  Snap to it!  Way to make an impression on your CO...  "Sciences reports green, ma'am," he said, tapping a few readings up.  "Realspace is as normal as it can be.  Sensors are aligned and calibrated.  Life and Medical Sciences also reports nominal, Sickbay ready on standby."

Jonathan Hart wrote:
Jon saw the captain walk on to the bridge and his back stiffen. He hadn't seen her seen the the airlock. He wonder if she was ok now. If she held a grudge against him. But all those thoughts vanished, the moment she called for a report. He tuned into the tactical station double checking the readings.

"Tactical is a hundred percent. And I'm reading no vessels on long or short range sensors.", he said.

Glancing over to the Tactical standing console, Gavin smiled at the man who'd reported.  He slid over a little bit, keeping his voice low.  "Hey, Gavin Van Gelder, Med - er, Sciences," he introduced himself, hand out for a shake.  "First time in deep space?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

He smiled. "You couldn't keep me away. I always look for an excuse to put on a suit. Riga is breathtaking in the fall, I just wish my last visit would've been more than just business." Suddenly his eyes faded to a deep shade of green. "Do you remember me telling you about my fiancé a long time ago? S-she died..because of me."

He shook his head. "I actually just got on board right before we departed. I almost had to beam aboard from my ship." He let out a slight laugh as a slight smile appeared on his face and his eyes began to fade back to blue.

[Crew Mess]

Indeed, Chira did recall Thompson telling her about his fiancee's death. It was a tragedy...one of what seemed like an endless list of them in his life. She wondered how one person could have so much awfulness heaped upon their life. Then again, she knew that the universe rarely played favorites...either way.

Chira reached over, giving Matthew's forearm a quick squeeze, smiling. "New ship, new start, right? Have you met any of the command staff, yet? I think you'll like them. Then again," she said, giving a self-deprecating little chuckle, "I guess I am pretty biased."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 1:44 am

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Crew Mess]

Indeed, Chira did recall Thompson telling her about his fiancee's death.  It was a tragedy...one of what seemed like an endless list of them in his life.  She wondered how one person could have so much awfulness heaped upon their life.  Then again, she knew that the universe rarely played favorites...either way.  

Chira reached over, giving Matthew's forearm a quick squeeze, smiling.  "New ship, new start, right?  Have you met any of the command staff, yet?  I think you'll like them.  Then again," she said, giving a self-deprecating little chuckle, "I guess I am pretty biased."

"Had a run in with that...tark, T'Koris." As the last two words left his mouth a sudden and quick pulse of red swept over the color in his eyes only to fade back to blue. "It's why I almost left Starfleet. But it's irrelevant, I served under Booth on two separate ships I can deal with anything."

His eyes scanned the room. "All I've come to know is rage. Rage and bloodlust it seems. I thirst for revenge against the assassins that killed Amanda. But after years as a bounty hunter I learned revenge isn't the way...despite how good it can feel." An almost disturbing grin crossed his face for a moment. "I suppose it's time to let the dead rest."

He walked to the replicator getting a glass of water. He suddenly seemed at peace. "I suppose that's all I can do now. Let her rest. It's what she would have wanted. Not to be avenged, but for me to live life without regret. Time to listen I suppose." He raised his glass.

Last edited by Matthew Thompson on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 2:48 am

Jonathan Hart wrote:

Jon saw the captain walk on to the bridge and his back stiffen.  He hadn't seen her seen the the airlock.  He wonder if she was ok now.  If she held a grudge against him.  But all those thoughts vanished, the moment she called for a report.  He tuned into the tactical station double checking the readings.  

"Tactical is a hundred percent.  And I'm reading no vessels on long or short range sensors.", he said.  

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Sciences reports green, ma'am," he said, tapping a few readings up. "Realspace is as normal as it can be. Sensors are aligned and calibrated. Life and Medical Sciences also reports nominal, Sickbay ready on standby."

[Bridge]

Archangel listened carefully as two reports were given, inclining her head to each of the speakers as they finished. Ah, just what she wanted to hear, good news.

"Thank you. We're not expecting company on this mission, but the Science department will need to be on their toes since they're the ones doing the charting of this star system. I'll need tactical to be ready as well. The last probe that went in there didn't come back, so be on your guard."

She vaguely recognised the ensign at tactical as being the one who had stopped her in the airlock during the regrettable incident with the spores. While she wasn't sure how he would take her now, she felt no ill will towards him for doing his job.

Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 7:08 am

Matthew Thompson wrote:

"Had a run in with that...tark, T'Koris." As the last two words left his mouth a sudden and quick pulse of red swept over the color in his eyes only to fade back to blue. "It's why I almost left Starfleet. But it's irrelevant, I served under Booth on two separate ships I can deal with anything."

His eyes scanned the room. "All I've come to know is rage. Rage and bloodlust it seems. I thirst for revenge against the assassins that killed Amanda. But after years as a bounty hunter I learned revenge isn't the way...despite how good it can feel." An almost disturbing grin crossed his face for a moment. "I suppose it's time to let the dead rest."

He walked to the replicator getting a glass of water. He suddenly seemed at peace. "I suppose that's all I can do now. Let her rest. It's what she would have wanted. Not to be avenged, but for me to live life without regret. Time to listen I suppose." He raised his glass.

[Bridge]

Chira's eyebrow shot up quite sharply at her sister-in-law being called a 'targ', but she said nothing. She wasn't here to judge what Thompson thought of his command staff. Besides, Archangel didn't need anyone picking fights for her. She could fight those battles well enough on her own.

"I think," Chira said, as he returned to the table, "that letting the dead alone in peace is always a good idea. We can...remember, and honor, those we love, and those we lost. But can you honestly think that our lamented ones would want us to live our own lives in the past? Would they be happy to see us unable to move on because of our memories? I can't speak for the lost, but I would say not."

Quite frankly, Chira did not like the look that crossed Thompson's face when he'd mentioned revenge. She made a mental note to look a bit deeper into his psych profile. She rather liked this troubled young man, and hoped that Starfleet hadn't sent them someone who would be a danger.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 2:25 pm

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

Chira's eyebrow shot up quite sharply at her sister-in-law being called a 'targ', but she said nothing.  She wasn't here to judge what Thompson thought of his command staff.  Besides, Archangel didn't need anyone picking fights for her.  She could fight those battles well enough on her own.

"I think," Chira said, as he returned to the table, "that letting the dead alone in peace is always a good idea.  We can...remember, and honor, those we love, and those we lost.  But can you honestly think that our lamented ones would want us to live our own lives in the past?  Would they be happy to see us unable to move on because of our memories?  I can't speak for the lost, but I would say not."

Quite frankly, Chira did not like the look that crossed Thompson's face when he'd mentioned revenge.  She made a mental note to look a bit deeper into his psych profile.  She rather liked this troubled young man, and hoped that Starfleet hadn't sent them someone who would be a danger.

"I took revenge against the man that killed my parents and tortured me; even though it felt good at the time nothing has eaten away at me worse." Suddenly a smile crossed his face that radiated warmth. "I'm letting go. I'm not going to hunt down the assassins. While they deserve to suffer; it will not be by my hand."

He took a drink of the water. "After all, I want to be a good man. It's time I start trying to become one." His eyes had changed back to the color they were when he first saw her, he seemed happy and at peace for a change.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 7:54 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Abols!" he said, taking up the man's hand and clapping him on the back.  "Hope you two are enjoying your luxury cruise here aboard the Phoenix," he said, laughing.  "I called you and -- "

"I require..." Gabriel said, raising an eyebrow with a playful look, "you to not be so stiff around me, Zero. I think we all know each other well enough by now to drop the formalities. At least, while we're in my office, for God's sake," he said, winking.

Leaning against his desk, Gabe casually crossed his arms. "Basically, I'm curious about the state of the crew's health, especially after the whole...spore...incident. Have there been any adverse affects, holdovers, from the infections?"

Henriks was not a very verbal sort of person, preferring to listen intently, gathering information and observing before taking time to speak. Gabe greeted him with a wide smile and a brotherly clap to the back. This man was to be his brother soon, on All Hallow's eve, when he would wed the most wonderful lady in all the galaxy.

Zero was her usual cold and distant self, giving no indication that she held a grudge for the events that had transpired on the station. She had also been rather direct, getting straight to the point of their meeting. In this, she reminded him of a Vulcan, but without the ears. It was a trait that he both greatly respected and found some annoyance in.

"I haven't noted any after effects either," Henriks concurred. "Just a few minor things due to slight paranoia for a few people, but no real incidents."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 8:43 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

"I am not stiff!" Zero protested, a sign of her age coming through in the petulant tone she used as she folded her arms and came dangerously close to a pout.  The expression soon slipped to one of slight embarrassment.  "I find your colloquialisms to be very difficult and rather confusing.  They are not always obvious in their meanings."

She shrugged one shoulder at the mention of the spore incident.  She was still confused as to it, given that she hadn't been particularly affected by the plant pollen.  Then again, she didn't have much in the way of inhibitions in the first place.  "I have not observed any physical after effects, although there have been instances of emotional outbreaks."

Henriks Abols wrote:
Henriks was not a very verbal sort of person, preferring to listen intently, gathering information and observing before taking time to speak. Gabe greeted him with a wide smile and a brotherly clap to the back. This man was to be his brother soon, on All Hallow's eve, when he would wed the most wonderful lady in all the galaxy.

Zero was her usual cold and distant self, giving no indication that she held a grudge for the events that had transpired on the station. She had also been rather direct, getting straight to the point of their meeting. In this, she reminded him of a Vulcan, but without the ears. It was a trait that he both greatly respected and found some annoyance in.

"I haven't noted any after effects either," Henriks concurred. "Just a few minor things due to slight paranoia for a few people, but no real incidents."

[Ready Room]

Gabriel gave a slight quirk of his eyebrow, but kept his amused look to himself.  He wouldn't dare tell Zero that her pouting rather reminded him of Seika, his daughter, when she didn't exactly get her way.  God, her birthday's coming up, isn't it? he thought.  Aria's, too.  Gonna have to start thinking about the party...

Nodding, Gabe thoughtfully tapped his lower lip.  "Well.  That's good to hear.  I know y'all will keep us apprised."  Smiling slyly, he turned to Henriks.  "We'll just need to keep an eye on it.  As far as the emotional aspect of the crew goes...feel free to collaborate with Ms. Arthur on that.  You two seem to work together pretty well."  Giving his future brother-in-law a wink, he nodded.  "Thanks, Abols.  Dismissed."

He turned to Alpha.  "If you've time for a quick word before you go, Zero?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

"I took revenge against the man that killed my parents and tortured me; even though it felt good at the time nothing has eaten away at me worse." Suddenly a smile crossed his face that radiated warmth. "I'm letting go. I'm not going to hunt down the assassins. While they deserve to suffer; it will not be by my hand."

He took a drink of the water. "After all, I want to be a good man. It's time I start trying to become one." His eyes had changed back to the color they were when he first saw her, he seemed happy and at peace for a change.

[Crew Mess]

The talk of 'revenge' made Chira a bit uncomfortable. Honestly, it reminded her a little of her other brother, Garen. She knew from bits and pieces that Gabe had told her that he had been known to smuggle. Gabriel was pretty sure Garen also had done work with the Orion Syndicate, too.

"A...lot of people in this universe deserve to suffer, Matt," she said, shrugging. "I don't think I'm letting any particularly...shocking...cats outta the bag when I say that there's some real scum out there. But...we can't go out being the arbiter of that." She took another sip of her water, considering the liquid for a moment. "There's an old saying from the days of Ancient Earth. 'If you seek revenge, dig two graves'."

Shrugging, Chira gave a small smile. "Rather barbarous, but...true. We all try to be good, Matt. That's part of the reason we're out here. For the record, I think you're a good person."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 9:45 pm

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Crew Mess]

The talk of 'revenge' made Chira a bit uncomfortable.  Honestly, it reminded her a little of her other brother, Garen.  She knew from bits and pieces that Gabe had told her that he had been known to smuggle.  Gabriel was pretty sure Garen also had done work with the Orion Syndicate, too.  

"A...lot of people in this universe deserve to suffer, Matt," she said, shrugging.  "I don't think I'm letting any particularly...shocking...cats outta the bag when I say that there's some real scum out there.  But...we can't go out being the arbiter of that."  She took another sip of her water, considering the liquid for a moment.  "There's an old saying from the days of Ancient Earth.  'If you seek revenge, dig two graves'."

Shrugging, Chira gave a small smile.  "Rather barbarous, but...true.  We all try to be good, Matt.  That's part of the reason we're out here.  For the record, I think you're a good person."

He raised his glass and took a drink of water. "I am pretty great aren't I?" He suddenly seemed like his old self. He let out a laugh and smiled. "Thank you for showing up on short notice. I needed it. My days have been very dark, I only hope the future holds light." He was happy, not a feeling he had felt in a long time.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 11:05 pm

Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness DeelaAyora_zps3705da12
NPC
Lt. Commander Deela Ayora

[USS Phoenix - Security Office]

Ayora sat at her chair, idly scrolling through the crew manifests.  She wasn't entirely thrilled about have a boatload of strangers on board, but...well.  They were Starfleet crew, after all.  No, it wasn't their behavior she was worried about.  It was where they'd come from.

The incident with the spores on the Athena had become something of a minor legend of late, with all the Federation news channels chock full of the lurid details.  While she believed that the situation had been taken care of, Ayora still felt that healthy dose of paranoia that went part and parcel with being a security chief.  Better than poor Shora, she thought, referring to the station's Andorian sec chief.  She got bloody *stabbed*.

Drumming her fingertips across the desk, the Bajoran made up her mind.  Everyone needed to be on the same page.  

=^="Deela to Thompson, Hart, and Harriman.  Report in to Security Office."=^=

It was a matter of courtesy, including Harriman in on this briefing, since he technically wasn't a part of her staff.  For the purposes of this trip, though, he was.  And so she sat back, waiting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 1: The Price of Kindness
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next