Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 1: The Price of Kindness

Go down 
+14
Raynor Hughes
T'Shar N'Vek
Ilana Telak
Andrew Sheridan
Jiseth
Robert Williams
Thelos th'Zhela
Harold Castor
Gabriel Arthur
NPC
Matthew Thompson
Archangel T'Koris
Jonathan Hart
Zero Alpha
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 12:12 am

NPC wrote:

=^="Deela to Thompson, Hart, and Harriman.  Report in to Security Office."=^=

He let out a sigh. "Damn. This is all to familiar. I'll contact you after whatever this is. My shift doesn't start for awhile and I should probably eat before shift." He stood grabbing his leather jacket from the back of the seat and throwing it on.

[Security Office]

The doors slid open admitting him. "Hello Lt. Commander.." He commented under his breath completely inaudible at the sight of the beautiful woman. His next words were led into with Matthew clearing his throught. "You wanted to see me madam?" He smiled, his eyes a beautiful shade of crystal blue.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 2:38 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Ready Room]

Gabriel gave a slight quirk of his eyebrow, but kept his amused look to himself.  He wouldn't dare tell Zero that her pouting rather reminded him of Seika, his daughter, when she didn't exactly get her way.  God, her birthday's coming up, isn't it? he thought.  Aria's, too.  Gonna have to start thinking about the party...

Nodding, Gabe thoughtfully tapped his lower lip.  "Well.  That's good to hear.  I know y'all will keep us apprised."  Smiling slyly, he turned to Henriks.  "We'll just need to keep an eye on it.  As far as the emotional aspect of the crew goes...feel free to collaborate with Ms. Arthur on that.  You two seem to work together pretty well."  Giving his future brother-in-law a wink, he nodded.  "Thanks, Abols.  Dismissed."

He turned to Alpha.  "If you've time for a quick word before you go, Zero?"

[First Officer's Ready Room]

As her colleague walked out of the door, Zero turned her pale gaze back to the first officer. Ghost had apparently given up begging and was now lying at her feet with his head on his paws, looking like a kicked puppy. The Augment waited until she had heard the doors close behind Henriks before leaning down and scratching the dog behind the hears. A tail thumped happily on the deck.

"What is it that you wish to discuss?" she asked warily. In her experience, senior officers asking her for 'a quick word' on her own never went down well.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 6:21 am

Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 DeelaAyora_zps3705da12
NPC
Lt. Commander Deela Ayora

Matthew Thompson wrote:

The doors slid open admitting him. "Hello Lt. Commander.." He commented under his breath completely inaudible at the sight of the beautiful woman. His next words were led into with Matthew clearing his throught. "You wanted to see me madam?" He smiled, his eyes a beautiful shade of crystal blue.

[Security Office]

Deela gave a polite nod and a small smile as Thompson entered her office.  "Ensign," she said, rising to offer a quick handshake.  Whatever else could be said about this troubled young man...he was punctual.  

The thought suddenly occurred to her that Hart was the sec/tac on bridge duty, this morning.  Inwardly, she rolled her eyes at herself.  

=^="Deela to Hart, belay your order and remain on-bridge.  I'll advise you of the meeting minutes.  Security out."=^=

Ah well.  "'Lieutenant Commander' will do just fine, Ensign Thompson.  Barring that, 'ma'am' also works, too."  She didn't offer the young man anything to drink or eat.  This wasn't a social call, it was a departmental meeting.  "We'll wait a moment for Harriman to arrive."  But not too damn long.  "I assume you've had a chance to get settled in well enough on the ship?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 7:15 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

As her colleague walked out of the door, Zero turned her pale gaze back to the first officer.  Ghost had apparently given up begging and was now lying at her feet with his head on his paws, looking like a kicked puppy.  The Augment waited until she had heard the doors close behind Henriks before leaning down and scratching the dog behind the hears.  A tail thumped happily on the deck.

"What is it that you wish to discuss?" she asked warily.  In her experience, senior officers asking her for 'a quick word' on her own never went down well.

[XO's Office]

A plaintive little whine sounded from Zero's feet as he glanced down.  "Oh, hey there, fella," Gabriel said, kneeling down to give the dog a rub.  "How rude of me, hm?  Don't put me on report, Ghost!"  Standing back up, Gabe was happy to see that he hadn't gotten any hair on his uniform.  "He seems to be fitting in quite well," Gabriel said, nodding to the dog.  "As are you, I hope."

Gabriel moved back to lean against the edge of his desk.  Reaching down, he pulled up the holophoto he kept there.  It was taken a few months ago, while he and Archangel had been on Centaurus for their honeymoon.  We actually had our clothing on for five minutes, he thought, amusedly.  A historic moment.  The photo showed his wife and their children, posing together and smiling.  Gabe turned the image toward the doctor, grinning as everyone in the photo moved a little.  Archangel had a serene look on her face, holding Aria close, who was reaching up for her mother's hair.  Seika was sticking her tongue out at the recorder - something that Gabriel swore that he hadn't taught her.

"The little sprout is growing up quickly.  Both of 'em, really.  Too damn fast."  After allowing Zero to see the photo, he set it back down.  "I can never thank you enough, Zero, for everything you did for us.  We owe you her life."  In everything but the biological sense, that much was true.  "I've been fully briefed by Starfleet Medical.  I just thought you should know."
Back to top Go down
Jonathan Hart
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 9:02 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
[USS Phoenix - Bridge]

Glancing over to the Tactical standing console, Gavin smiled at the man who'd reported.  He slid over a little bit, keeping his voice low.  "Hey, Gavin Van Gelder, Med - er, Sciences," he introduced himself, hand out for a shake.  "First time in deep space?"

[USS Phoenix-Bridge]

John looked down at the hand like it was a foreign object.  He'd never real been a "social" person.  All the years he spent studying had left him with no friends.  Even at the academy.  There were people he worked with, but he never hang out or made the connections that other did. Top of the class was his goal then.  And he knew he need to harder then anyone else to do it.  In the end, he got third. And it was a uphill battle the whole time.   He had no regrets. Now, he was faced with a new challenge.  Making friends.   He grabbed the hand in front of him giving it a quick shake.  Then let it go.  

"Jon Hart."  He said not looking the man in the eye.  He tapped a few keys on his console, double check the generators for the shields.  He realized then Gavin had also asked him a question.  

Jon looked up about to apologize for his rudeness, and paused for a heart beat, when he finally saw Gavin.   His heart stop.  His eyes dilated.  And when he spoked.  His voice cracked.

"Y..yes." He said, then cleared his throat.  

"Fresh out of the Academy." Jon want to crawl into a hole and hide. He was acting like a thirteen year old.  Lucky the Captain chimed in.

"Aye ma'am." He replied.  Then half look back to Gavin.  

"Well, better get back to it." As soon as the word left his mouth has felt like an idiot again.
Back to top Go down
Harold Castor
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 9:33 am

[USS Phoenix- Bridge]

Harold didn't know if he's being punished or praised.  He did know he'd rather be in engineering.  But the chief wanted him on the bridge.   So here he sat that the engineering console.  He smiled. Thinking about the chief, always gave him a warm feeling in his chest. And other parts.  His thought continued wandered as the captain walked in, and missed her presents completely.  

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"All stations report status."

Harold whipped his head around towards the captain then wipe it back to the console.  As his fingers did a quick tango on the display.

"The engines are purring like a kitten,  Captain." He said.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 1:44 pm

NPC wrote:
NPC

[Security Office]

Deela gave a polite nod and a small smile as Thompson entered her office.  "Ensign," she said, rising to offer a quick handshake.  Whatever else could be said about this troubled young man...he was punctual.  

The thought suddenly occurred to her that Hart was the sec/tac on bridge duty, this morning.  Inwardly, she rolled her eyes at herself.  

=^="Deela to Hart, belay your order and remain on-bridge.  I'll advise you of the meeting minutes.  Security out."=^=

Ah well.  "'Lieutenant Commander' will do just fine, Ensign Thompson.  Barring that, 'ma'am' also works, too."  She didn't offer the young man anything to drink or eat.  This wasn't a social call, it was a departmental meeting.  "We'll wait a moment for Harriman to arrive."  But not too damn long.  "I assume you've had a chance to get settled in well enough on the ship?"

"It's a pleasure ma'am." He commented shaking the woman's hand. "May I?" He asked motioning to a seat. "Wait Harriman...as in John Harriman? I didn't get my punctuality from my dear brother." He commented with a slight laugh fixing his jacket.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 5:06 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[XO's Office]

A plaintive little whine sounded from Zero's feet as he glanced down.  "Oh, hey there, fella," Gabriel said, kneeling down to give the dog a rub.  "How rude of me, hm?  Don't put me on report, Ghost!"  Standing back up, Gabe was happy to see that he hadn't gotten any hair on his uniform.  "He seems to be fitting in quite well," Gabriel said, nodding to the dog.  "As are you, I hope."

Gabriel moved back to lean against the edge of his desk.  Reaching down, he pulled up the holophoto he kept there.  It was taken a few months ago, while he and Archangel had been on Centaurus for their honeymoon.  We actually had our clothing on for five minutes, he thought, amusedly.  A historic moment.  The photo showed his wife and their children, posing together and smiling.  Gabe turned the image toward the doctor, grinning as everyone in the photo moved a little.  Archangel had a serene look on her face, holding Aria close, who was reaching up for her mother's hair.  Seika was sticking her tongue out at the recorder - something that Gabriel swore that he hadn't taught her.

"The little sprout is growing up quickly.  Both of 'em, really.  Too damn fast."  After allowing Zero to see the photo, he set it back down.  "I can never thank you enough, Zero, for everything you did for us.  We owe you her life."  In everything but the biological sense, that much was true.  "I've been fully briefed by Starfleet Medical.  I just thought you should know."

[XO's Office]

With Ghost now happy that he had been appropriately greeted by the commander, Zero turned her attention back to Gabriel. The question about settling in well on the ship threw her a little. It was rare for people to take an interest in her as a person. Many tried to have at little as possible to do with her, but the Augment wasn't bothered by that. It just meant that she didn't have to deal with as many intellectual lightweights.

Before she could formulate an answer, the commander had moved on and pulled a holophoto from his desk. Much to her surprise, she found the corners of her mouth lifting up at the sight of the smallest child in the image, the blonde curls and mis-matched eyes that she had helped to create. Although the Arthur-T'Koris family were unaware of the fact, working on their child's genetic profile had created the bases for her own daughter. Creating a new life from two sets of DNA was easy compared to changing the already established DNA of an individual.

Her happy recollections of hours spent in the labs working on her daughter were abruptly dispersed by the mention of Starfleet Medical. She tensed, her jaw clenching. She couldn't imagine what they would have thought necessary to include in such a briefing. She was silent for a moment, collecting her thought before speaking in her usual measured tone.

"My apologies, Commander, if you believe that I have, what is the phrase? 'Followed you astray'? It was made evident to me that my condition was not to be made public, else I may find myself the subject of violent discrimination."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Harold Castor wrote:
[USS Phoenix- Bridge]

Harold didn't know if he's being punished or praised.  He did know he'd rather be in engineering.  But the chief wanted him on the bridge.   So here he sat that the engineering console.  He smiled.  Thinking about the chief, always gave him a warm feeling in his chest. And other parts.  His thought continued wandered as the captain walked in, and missed her presents completely.  

Harold whipped his head around towards the captain then wipe it back to the console.  As his fingers did a quick tango on the display.

"The engines are purring like a kitten,  Captain." He said.

[Bridge]

Archangel smiled at the young officer sitting at the engineering console. Yes, the Chief Engineer had warned her about his... over-eagerness. She had pointed out that that wasn't an uncommon failing in many young officers during their first few tours of duty. The captain herself had been excited to start her work in engineering when she had first been assigned a deep space post.

And as a former engineer, there was nothing she liked better than to know that her ship was running in prime condition.

"Just what I like to hear, ensign," she replied, settling back in the chair. Maybe things would work out fine.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 8:58 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

With Ghost now happy that he had been appropriately greeted by the commander, Zero turned her attention back to Gabriel.  The question about settling in well on the ship threw her a little.  It was rare for people to take an interest in her as a person.  Many tried to have at little as possible to do with her, but the Augment wasn't bothered by that.  It just meant that she didn't have to deal with as many intellectual lightweights.

Before she could formulate an answer, the commander had moved on and pulled a holophoto from his desk.  Much to her surprise, she found the corners of her mouth lifting up at the sight of the smallest child in the image, the blonde curls and mis-matched eyes that she had helped to create.  Although the Arthur-T'Koris family were unaware of the fact, working on their child's genetic profile had created the bases for her own daughter.  Creating a new life from two sets of DNA was easy compared to changing the already established DNA of an individual.

Her happy recollections of hours spent in the labs working on her daughter were abruptly dispersed by the mention of Starfleet Medical.  She tensed, her jaw clenching.  She couldn't imagine what they would have thought necessary to include in such a briefing.  She was silent for a moment, collecting her thought before speaking in her usual measured tone.

"My apologies, Commander, if you believe that I have, what is the phrase?  'Followed you astray'?  It was made evident to me that my condition was not to be made public, else I may find myself the subject of violent discrimination."

[XO's Office]

The photo never failed to make Gabriel smile. He was glad to see, though, that Zero's face ghosting a smile, too. At least, until he mentioned Starfleet Medical. There definitely was something there...something that he should probably try and get to the bottom of. But...that was something for another day.

"Zero, there's nothing to apologize for. Your business is your own, and it sure as hell wasn't any of mine. But," he said, shrugging a little, "I'm the XO and you're one of my department heads, so...I guess they decided that it was my business."

Gabe took a slight breath, rubbing his chin a little, giving the Augment a considering look. "I'm not gonna lie, Zero...I always suspected something. But I'm also not going to pretend that I had a clue about the whole truth. The fact is, though...you're a part of my crew. And, for the help you've given my family, and the work you've done for us...I consider you a friend, too."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 9:25 pm

NPC

Matthew Thompson wrote:

"It's a pleasure ma'am." He commented shaking the woman's hand. "May I?" He asked motioning to a seat. "Wait Harriman...as in John Harriman? I didn't get my punctuality from my dear brother." He commented with a slight laugh fixing his jacket.

[Security Office]

Brother?  The Bajoran's gracefully-arched eyebrow quirked up a fraction of a millimeter, registering her surprise.  She'd read Thompson's personnel file, of course (she was sec/tac, it was second nature), but there'd been nothing in it about John Harriman being Matthew Thompson's brother.  Perhaps, then, it was a figure of speech.

"Yes, John Harriman.  He is posted at Starbase Athena, and on detached service to the Phoenix for the while.  I assume 'brother' is not meant in the literal sense?"
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 10:12 pm

NPC wrote:
NPC

[Security Office]

Brother?  The Bajoran's gracefully-arched eyebrow quirked up a fraction of a millimeter, registering her surprise.  She'd read Thompson's personnel file, of course (she was sec/tac, it was second nature), but there'd been nothing in it about John Harriman being Matthew Thompson's brother.  Perhaps, then, it was a figure of speech.

"Yes, John Harriman.  He is posted at Starbase Athena, and on detached service to the Phoenix for the while.  I assume 'brother' is not meant in the literal sense?"

"When I was 14 my parents were murdered. His parents adopted me. I could've survived on my own but they insisted. I stayed with them until I was 18 and moved back to New York." He smiled to the woman. "I think you'll find a lot of my history didn't make the file."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:43 am

Jonathan Hart wrote:

John looked down at the hand like it was a foreign object.  He'd never real been a "social" person.  All the years he spent studying had left him with no friends.  Even at the academy.  There were people he worked with, but he never hang out or made the connections that other did. Top of the class was his goal then.  And he knew he need to harder then anyone else to do it.  In the end, he got third. And it was a uphill battle the whole time.   He had no regrets.  Now, he was faced with a new challenge.  Making friends.   He grabbed the hand in front of him giving it a quick shake.  Then let it go.  

"Jon Hart."  He said not looking the man in the eye.  He tapped a few keys on his console, double check the generators for the shields.  He realized then Gavin had also asked him a question.  

Jon looked up about to apologize for his rudeness, and paused for a heart beat, when he finally saw Gavin.   His heart stop.  His eyes dilated.  And when he spoked.  His voice cracked.

"Y..yes." He said, then cleared his throat.  

"Fresh out of the Academy." Jon want to crawl into a hole and hide.  He was acting like a thirteen year old.  Lucky the Captain chimed in.

"Aye ma'am." He replied.  Then half look back to Gavin.  

"Well, better get back to it." As soon as the word left his mouth has felt like an idiot again.

[Bridge]

"I suppose we'd better, at that," Gavin said, his face carrying a bare hint of wryness. This poor guy looks ready to jump out of an airlock, he thought. Then again...if it was his first trip into deep space...perhaps there was reason. "It's my first trip, too, Jon," he said, with a small smile. Gavin did have one big advantage over most green newbies - he'd practically grown up around Starfleet and officers and brass, so, by and large, it wasn't that intimidating to him.

Still smiling, Gavin went back to his console, continuing to monitor readings. Poor Hart looked like he could use a drink, but there wasn't much else to do now but work.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 6:00 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[XO's Office]

The photo never failed to make Gabriel smile.  He was glad to see, though, that Zero's face ghosting a smile, too.  At least, until he mentioned Starfleet Medical.  There definitely was something there...something that he should probably try and get to the bottom of.  But...that was something for another day.

"Zero, there's nothing to apologize for.  Your business is your own, and it sure as hell wasn't any of mine.  But," he said, shrugging a little, "I'm the XO and you're one of my department heads, so...I guess they decided that it was my business."

Gabe took a slight breath, rubbing his chin a little, giving the Augment a considering look.  "I'm not gonna lie, Zero...I always suspected something.  But I'm also not going to pretend that I had a clue about the whole truth.  The fact is, though...you're a part of my crew.  And, for the help you've given my family, and the work you've done for us...I consider you a friend, too."  

Nothing to apologise for? That was surprising. Starfleet Medical had always told her that she had a lot to apologise for in her nature. She lifted one shoulder and let it drop, an element of body language she had seen used many times to indicate indifference.

"If a member of the crew is considered to be a danger to the rest, then the command staff is given a full briefing on the subject so as to prepare them for any eventualities," she explained. At least, that's what Starfleet Medical had told her.

She blinked at the announcement that Gabriel considered her to be a friend. That was... odd. She had acquaintances, yes, a lover and many people she didn't get on with, but friends? They were almost unknown to her.

"I... uh... thank you?" she replied cautiously. This kind of social interaction was still very new to her. It would be easy to mess is up.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 8:40 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Nothing to apologise for?  That was surprising.  Starfleet Medical had always told her that she had a lot to apologise for in her nature.  She lifted one shoulder and let it drop, an element of body language she had seen used many times to indicate indifference.

"If a member of the crew is considered to be a danger to the rest, then the command staff is given a full briefing on the subject so as to prepare them for any eventualities," she explained.  At least, that's what Starfleet Medical had told her.

She blinked at the announcement that Gabriel considered her to be a friend.  That was... odd.  She had acquaintances, yes, a lover and many people she didn't get on with, but friends?  They were almost unknown to her.

"I... uh... thank you?" she replied cautiously.  This kind of social interaction was still very new to her.  It would be easy to mess is up.

[Bridge]

Grinning, Gabriel nodded. "You're welcome," he said. "That'll be all, then, doc. I'm sure you'll keep in top of things, with all this Spore nonsense." Gabe quirked an eyebrow, giving the Augment a slight smile. "You know...Arch and I would like to have you and Jiseth over for dinner, soon. If you'd like that, that is." He held up his hand. "You don't have to answer right now. But...think about it."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 9:27 pm

NPC

Matthew Thompson wrote:

"When I was 14 my parents were murdered. His parents adopted me. I could've survived on my own but they insisted. I stayed with them until I was 18 and moved back to New York." He smiled to the woman. "I think you'll find a lot of my history didn't make the file."

[Security Office]

Nodding, Deela kept her face fairly poker-straight.  The murder of Thompson's parents was, indeed, in her notes, but it was still highly shocking.  To think, that someone could still be capable of such acts, in this modern day and age of Earth...from what she understood of the Federation homeworld, that was. It reminded her of an old Klingon proverb about barbarism being the natural state, and civilization being unnatural.

Damn... she thought.  I think that's enough brooding for one day.  "The Harrimans sound like good people, then.  Your history, of course, is your own...until it isn't.  But, that's how sec/tac works.  I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 10:01 pm

[Airponics Bay - A Bit Later]

Strolling along the rows of plants, Chira lightly hugged herself a little bit...if only to keep from touching the flowers. One, she didn't know what most of them were, and two...this wasn't the Athena, so they weren't in the domain of the Klingon floraculturalist. But...still. It was probably considered rude to poke at foreign flowers.

After Thompson had been called in by his department head, Chira had finished up her water and left the crew mess, putting a call in to one Ensign Thelos. She'd met Thelos before, on the station, but she hadn't had a chance to catch up ever since the madness. And, so, she'd made a decision to rectify that.

Chira stopped by a rather vibrantly-colored orange Bajoran lily. Thelos should be along shortly.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 10:42 pm

NPC wrote:
NPC

[Security Office]

Nodding, Deela kept her face fairly poker-straight.  The murder of Thompson's parents was, indeed, in her notes, but it was still highly shocking.  To think, that someone could still be capable of such acts, in this modern day and age of Earth...from what she understood of the Federation homeworld, that was.  It reminded her of an old Klingon proverb about barbarism being the natural state, and civilization being unnatural.

Damn... she thought.  I think that's enough brooding for one day.  "The Harrimans sound like good people, then.  Your history, of course, is your own...until it isn't.  But, that's how sec/tac works.  I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that."

"Of course not ma'am. The Harrimans are great people. Took me in like a son. Despite how troubling my life even before that was. They are my family." He said with a weak and almost forced smile as he remembered everyone he had lost. "My only family."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 2:18 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

Grinning, Gabriel nodded.  "You're welcome," he said.  "That'll be all, then, doc.  I'm sure you'll keep in top of things, with all this Spore nonsense."  Gabe quirked an eyebrow, giving the Augment a slight smile.  "You know...Arch and I would like to have you and Jiseth over for dinner, soon.  If you'd like that, that is."  He held up his hand.  "You don't have to answer right now.  But...think about it."

[XO's ready room]

Zero inclined her head to the second in command, acknowledging what he had said about working with the spores. Well, the spores themselves would be dealt wiith by those actually trained in botany. She just got to deal with the fallout and after effects.

"It is my intention to enforce that all those affected by the spores attend a minimum of one counselling session," she replied. "I am aware, of course, that our current counsellor is a member of your family. In the interests of objectivity in this matter, it would be prudent that you speak to a diferent member of the medical staff who is capable of fulfilling the position."

His next words confused the Augment greatly. Have them over for dinner? That was not a request that she was familiar with in any manner!

"I... uh... I thank you for the invitation. I will discuss it with Jiseth." She clicked her tongue to Ghost, the dog springing back to his paws and looking up to her in anticipation if the next command. Nodding to the commander once again, Zero turned and walked out of the ready room with Ghost trotting at her heels.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 2:51 am

Chira Arthur wrote:
[Airponics Bay - A Bit Later]

Strolling along the rows of plants, Chira lightly hugged herself a little bit...if only to keep from touching the flowers.  One, she didn't know what most of them were, and two...this wasn't the Athena, so they weren't in the domain of the Klingon floraculturalist.  But...still.  It was probably considered rude to poke at foreign flowers.

After Thompson had been called in by his department head, Chira had finished up her water and left the crew mess, putting a call in to one Ensign Thelos.  She'd met Thelos before, on the station, but she hadn't had a chance to catch up ever since the madness.  And, so, she'd made a decision to rectify that.

Chira stopped by a rather vibrantly-colored orange Bajoran lily.  Thelos should be along shortly.

[Airponics Bay]

Thelos had little idea why he'd been called down. It's not as though he was doing anything particularly important- not unless aimlessly wandering the halls was considered productivity- but he didn't really know the person on the other end of the commline beyond a professional name he'd heard on board.

He wasn't exactly making good time through all these plants, either... For the simple reason that he just kept getting distracted. Andorian simply didn't have flowers... or many plants at all for that matter.

Still, eventually he did locate the woman he was looking for. Is this a professional meeting or more casual? ...Aim for in-between.

"Ah, hello, Petty Officer," the doctor greeted. "You wanted to see me?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos had little idea why he'd been called down. It's not as though he was doing anything particularly important- not unless aimlessly wandering the halls was considered productivity- but he didn't really know the person on the other end of the commline beyond a professional name he'd heard on board.

He wasn't exactly making good time through all these plants, either... For the simple reason that he just kept getting distracted. Andorian simply didn't have flowers... or many plants at all for that matter.

Still, eventually he did locate the woman he was looking for. Is this a professional meeting or more casual? ...Aim for in-between.

"Ah, hello, Petty Officer," the doctor greeted. "You wanted to see me?"

[Airponics Bay]

"I did, indeed," Chira said, smiling and taking the Andorian's hand in a polite shake. "But you certainly don't need to call me by rank. I'm surely not going to bob my head and call you 'sir'!" Her face was a mask of impish playfulness. "A joke, of course. But, foregoing formalities is a counselor's prerogative."

Glancing around, Chira took in the scent of the flowers around them. She also couldn't have missed the almost reverential wonder that Thelos seemed to hold the flora. Of course, she reminded herself, Andoria is a frozen world. Any plants the blue doctor might be familiar with would be subterranean, and grown in labs. Not unlike this one, yes...but probably more homogeneous.

"It's wonderful, isn't it? Of course, a single bay isn't a patch on the station's Arboretum, but...not bad for space." One of the main reasons she'd asked him to meet here, aside from the fact that she loved flowers, was to gauge the Andorian's reaction around plants...considering the source of their recent shared madness.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:03 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero inclined her head to the second in command, acknowledging what he had said about working with the spores.  Well, the spores themselves would be dealt wiith by those actually trained in botany.  She just got to deal with the fallout and after effects.

"It is my intention to enforce that all those affected by the spores attend a minimum of one counselling session," she replied.  "I am aware, of course, that our current counsellor is a member of your family.  In the interests of objectivity in this matter, it would be prudent that you speak to a diferent member of the medical staff who is capable of fulfilling the position."

His next words confused the Augment greatly.  Have them over for dinner?  That was not a request that she was familiar with in any manner!

"I... uh... I thank you for the invitation.  I will discuss it with Jiseth." She clicked her tongue to Ghost, the dog springing back to his paws and looking up to her in anticipation if the next command.  Nodding to the commander once again, Zero turned and walked out of the ready room with Ghost trotting at her heels.  

[XO's Office]

Gabriel stayed leaning against his desk for a good few minutes after Zero left. He hadn't a clue what had possessed him to ask the Augment and her partner over to dinner, but he didn't regret it, either. Of course, he hadn't asked Archangel about it, but he knew that his wife and Jiseth got along well. Besides...Zero truly was a part of his crew, and one of the most important roles that someone could fill on a starship. It was past time that she started to feel like a member of this large and amazingly diverse family.

He liked the idea of having everyone affected by the Spore Incident speak to a counselor. And, of course, that'd probably be Chira, while she was on board. From what he could tell, his sister was already following up with some of those affected of her own volition. Too bad she doesn't want pips. She'd make a hell of an officer. Of course, his big sister was too smart for that. There were plenty of times Gabriel wished he'd avoided a commission like the Phage.

What, however, would he talk about, when it came time to spill things out to a counselor? He didn't like to think about it. Just gonna have to avoid that day, probably, Gabe thought, putting his glass back into the reclamation unit on the wall and exiting the office.

[Bridge]

Gabriel gave in to his natural inclination and headed for the Engineering console, first thing. He'd not had much of a chance to meet with the russet-haired man that sat there, but he knew his name. "Mr. Castor," Gabriel smiled. "I trust the gremlins aren't giving you too much of a hassle?"
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:10 am

NPC

Matthew Thompson wrote:

"Of course not ma'am. The Harrimans are great people. Took me in like a son. Despite how troubling my life even before that was. They are my family." He said with a weak and almost forced smile as he remembered everyone he had lost. "My only family."

[Security Office]

"Family," Ayora softly quoted, "is said to be a haven in a heartless world." She shrugged a little. "I don't know who said it, but it's true enough. However," the Bajoran frowned, casting a quick glance at her computer terminal's chronometer, "that doesn't mean they get to operate on their own time."

Deela sighed, shrugging again. "Well. I think we've given your wayward brother plenty of time to arrive at this get-together." Gently lacing her fingers together, Deela laid them on the tabletop, giving the young man in front of her a level look. "Shall we begin this meeting, officially?"
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 2:59 pm

NPC wrote:
NPC

[Security Office]

"Family," Ayora softly quoted, "is said to be a haven in a heartless world."  She shrugged a little.  "I don't know who said it, but it's true enough.  However," the Bajoran frowned, casting a quick glance at her computer terminal's chronometer, "that doesn't mean they get to operate on their own time."  

Deela sighed, shrugging again.  "Well.  I think we've given your wayward brother plenty of time to arrive at this get-together."  Gently lacing her fingers together, Deela laid them on the tabletop, giving the young man in front of her a level look.  "Shall we begin this meeting, officially?"

He did a half bow acknowledging the woman. "As I said, I did not get my punctuality from my brother." He let out a slight laugh. Most people didn't see him like this anymore. Happy, quirky; being like this scared him. It was in moments like these he got hurt.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 4:11 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

He did a half bow acknowledging the woman. "As I said, I did not get my punctuality from my brother." He let out a slight laugh. Most people didn't see him like this anymore. Happy, quirky; being like this scared him. It was in moments like these he got hurt.

[Security Office]

"Well," Deela said, scrolling through her padd, "wherever you got it, I thank the Prophets for it. Otherwise, I'd be sitting here and looking like a fool. Anyway." Setting the padd down, Deela stood from behind her desk, quietly glancing at the rows of computer screens she had behind her. They continually processed and extrapolated streams of data, crunching and graphing and...everything.

Turning back, the Bajoran fixed a steady look at Thompson. "I'll be brief, Ensign. With the recent Spore Incident on the Athena, we learned a lot about the security vulnerabilities on that station. It doesn't take a genius to transfer those same concerns to a starship. However," she said, leaning on the desktop, "what I'm most concerned about is how the crew is dealing with what happened during the incident. Old grudges. Unrequited loves. Blood duels. Those things...they're hard to forget, even when people understand the reasons they acted that way. Quite simply put, I want you to keep an extra eye out for anyone nursing sore feelings or resentments. And, if you see any...report directly to me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 1: The Price of Kindness
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next