Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 1: The Price of Kindness

Go down 
+14
Raynor Hughes
T'Shar N'Vek
Ilana Telak
Andrew Sheridan
Jiseth
Robert Williams
Thelos th'Zhela
Harold Castor
Gabriel Arthur
NPC
Matthew Thompson
Archangel T'Koris
Jonathan Hart
Zero Alpha
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 7:18 pm

NPC wrote:

[Security Office]

"Well," Deela said, scrolling through her padd, "wherever you got it, I thank the Prophets for it.  Otherwise, I'd be sitting here and looking like a fool.  Anyway."  Setting the padd down, Deela stood from behind her desk, quietly glancing at the rows of computer screens she had behind her.  They continually processed and extrapolated streams of data, crunching and graphing and...everything.  

Turning back, the Bajoran fixed a steady look at Thompson.  "I'll be brief, Ensign.  With the recent Spore Incident on the Athena, we learned a lot about the security vulnerabilities on that station.  It doesn't take a genius to transfer those same concerns to a starship.  However," she said, leaning on the desktop, "what I'm most concerned about is how the crew is dealing with what happened during the incident.  Old grudges.  Unrequited loves.  Blood duels.  Those things...they're hard to forget, even when people understand the reasons they acted that way.  Quite simply put, I want you to keep an extra eye out for anyone nursing sore feelings or resentments.  And, if you see any...report directly to me."

He nodded. "Should I brief Hart? Or just relieve him on the bridge and send him to you?" He asked with a smile. His watch had a heart and brain monitor built in and he checked his brain activity. "Normal, good. Maybe the treatment is finally starting to help."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:55 pm

Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 DeelaAyora_zps3705da12
NPC
Lt. Commander Deela Ayora

Matthew Thompson wrote:

He nodded. "Should I brief Hart? Or just relieve him on the bridge and send him to you?" He asked with a smile. His watch had a heart and brain monitor built in and he checked his brain activity. "Normal, good. Maybe the treatment is finally starting to help."

[Security Office]

Ayora smiled faintly. It was more of an apparition of a smile, something that ghosted across her features, but was gone, like fog when the sun rose. "That won't be necessary, ensign. I'll do the briefing, and Mr. Hart will be filled in when he comes off shift." Well, she thought, this one certainly doesn't lack for confidence. Hopefully there's brains to back it up.

Standing, the Bajoran gave a short nod. "That'll be all, then, Thompson. Keep on your toes. We shouldn't encounter any hostiles while on this run, but...if things went how we expected them, we'd be out of a job. Dismissed."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 12:30 am

NPC wrote:
Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 DeelaAyora_zps3705da12
NPC
Lt. Commander Deela Ayora

[Security Office]

Ayora smiled faintly.  It was more of an apparition of a smile, something that ghosted across her features, but was gone, like fog when the sun rose.  "That won't be necessary, ensign.  I'll do the briefing, and Mr. Hart will be filled in when he comes off shift."  Well, she thought, this one certainly doesn't lack for confidence.  Hopefully there's brains to back it up.

Standing, the Bajoran gave a short nod.  "That'll be all, then, Thompson.  Keep on your toes.  We shouldn't encounter any hostiles while on this run, but...if things went how we expected them, we'd be out of a job.  Dismissed."

[Security Office]

"No matter how many time I hear 'shouldn't encounter hostiles' I always laugh inside. It seems like that's only true a third of the time. I have about..." He looked down to his watch. "Three hours before I'm on duty. I'll grab a bite to eat and standbye for further instructions in case I'm needed." He looked down at the black t-shirt, leather jacket, and jeans he was wearing. "I should probably change into my uniform before I go on duty too. I've got time." As he left he decided to hail his friend again.

=/\= Chira! Just got done with the briefing, heading back to the crew mess now. =/\=

[Crew Mess]

He walked to the replicator getting a New York Strip steak with a salad, baked potato, and water. Walking to the same table he had sat at before he took of his jacket and put it on the chair he then sat on as he began to eat.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 1:23 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Crew Mess]

He walked to the replicator getting a New York Strip steak with a salad, baked potato, and water. Walking to the same table he had sat at before he took of his jacket and put it on the chair he then sat on as he began to eat.

[Sickbay]

Back in her office, Zero scanned through the list of names of crewmembers who had yet to report in for their physicals and compared them to the current duty roster.  Ghost snoozed at her feet as he generally did while she worked at her desk.

Finding a name that had yet to report in and was currently not on duty, she tapped her commbadge.

=/\=Ensign Thompson, report to sickbay.=/\=
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 3:16 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

[Sickbay]

Back in her office, Zero scanned through the list of names of crewmembers who had yet to report in for their physicals and compared them to the current duty roster.  Ghost snoozed at her feet as he generally did while she worked at her desk.

Finding a name that had yet to report in and was currently not on duty, she tapped her commbadge.

=/\=Ensign Thompson, report to sickbay.=/\=

[Crew Mess]

He let out a sigh. =/\= Ey...give me a minute so I can finish my meal. =/\= He quickly devoured his food and stood placing his jacket on his back.

[Sickbay]

He walked into sickbay with a scowl on his face. "What.."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 3:42 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Crew Mess]

He let out a sigh. =/\= Ey...give me a minute so I can finish my meal. =/\= He quickly devoured his food and stood placing his jacket on his back.

[Sickbay]

He walked into sickbay with a scowl on his face. "What.."

[Sickbay]

Having moved into the main area of sickbay with Ghost still at her heels, Zero looked up from one of the consoles to see a scowling man wearing the yellow uniform of security.  She blinked at the abrupt greeting, her expression never changing from one of boredom.

"You are due a medical evaluation," the Augment replied equally curtly.  He looked to be a lot older than she was, but that could be said for about 90% of the crew since she still looked very much like a teenager.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

[Sickbay]

Having moved into the main area of sickbay with Ghost still at her heels, Zero looked up from one of the consoles to see a scowling man wearing the yellow uniform of security.  She blinked at the abrupt greeting, her expression never changing from one of boredom.

"You are due a medical evaluation," the Augment replied equally curtly.  He looked to be a lot older than she was, but that could be said for about 90% of the crew since she still looked very much like a teenager.

He let out a sigh. "No I am not. Everything is fine. Trust me. I monitor all systems from my watch. We done?" He asked somewhat impatiently. It had come to the point he wanted to spend his time relaxing.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 4:01 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

He let out a sigh. "No I am not. Everything is fine. Trust me. I monitor all systems from my watch. We done?" He asked somewhat impatiently. It had come to the point he wanted to spend his time relaxing.

This time, a pale eyebrow was raised. "The last time I was told to go through the rules and regulations of Starfleet, I clearly remember reading that all personnel must undergo regular medical evaluations and that these evaluations must be carried out by a member of the vessel's medical staff." Stepping out from behind the console, she murmured a word to the white Alsatian at her heels. The canine trotted off, taking a position between Thompson and the exit. Zero tilted her head to one side. "You are currently not on duty, nor will you be on duty for the length of time required to perform a physical. This is not an onerous task. I do not understand your reluctance."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 6:41 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

This time, a pale eyebrow was raised.  "The last time I was told to go through the rules and regulations of Starfleet, I clearly remember reading that all personnel must undergo regular medical evaluations and that these evaluations must be carried out by a member of the vessel's medical staff."  Stepping out from behind the console, she murmured a word to the white Alsatian at her heels.  The canine trotted off, taking a position between Thompson and the exit.  Zero tilted her head to one side.  "You are currently not on duty, nor will you be on duty for the length of time required to perform a physical.  This is not an onerous task.  I do not understand your reluctance."

"Then you haven't read my file." His eyes flared red. "I don't like doctors. A doctor is the reason my parents are dead. Plus there are things that simply must not be discovered about me." His voice slowly became more like a growl.

Scars slowly began to show themselves as he became increasingly angry. "I am not one to trust anyone with my greatest secret."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

"Then you haven't read my file." His eyes flared red. "I don't like doctors. A doctor is the reason my parents are dead. Plus there are things that simply must not be discovered about me." His voice slowly became more like a growl.

Scars slowly began to show themselves as he became increasingly angry. "I am not one to trust anyone with my greatest secret."

The young Augment blinked again at the security officer in front of her. Was this really going to happen? She rolled her eyes at that thought. Of course it was. Insubordination seemed to be a way of life for many officers talking to her.

"I have read your file, and my memory is excellent, so I would thank you not to imply that I am negligent in my duties," she said in a tone of voice similar to that of a parent talking to a particularly dense child. "I also do not like doctors. Doctors are the reason I am here. Doctors are the reason that I am without my daughter. Doctors control hold my very existence in their hands."

Her expression remained bored, apparently unfazed by the announcement that there were some things that were not to be known about the ensign standing in front of her. She knew that one all too well. She was an Augment, an individual born as a result of genetic engineering in the attempt to make the perfect human. Starfleet Medical put her in the service in order to keep their eyes on her, controlling everything she did in case she suddenly got it into her head to follow in the footsteps of Khan Noonien Singh. If the knowledge became widespread, her life could be in danger.

"We all have secrets, Mr Thompson, some more secret than others. Unfortunately for you, I do not care. Take a seat on a biobed."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 1:40 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

The young Augment blinked again at the security officer in front of her.  Was this really going to happen?  She rolled her eyes at that thought.  Of course it was.  Insubordination seemed to be a way of life for many officers talking to her.

"I have read your file, and my memory is excellent, so I would thank you not to imply that I am negligent in my duties," she said in a tone of voice similar to that of a parent talking to a particularly dense child.  "I also do not like doctors.  Doctors are the reason I am here.  Doctors are the reason that I am without my daughter.  Doctors control hold my very existence in their hands."  

Her expression remained bored, apparently unfazed by the announcement that there were some things that were not to be known about the ensign standing in front of her.  She knew that one all too well.  She was an Augment, an individual born as a result of genetic engineering in the attempt to make the perfect human.  Starfleet Medical put her in the service in order to keep their eyes on her, controlling everything she did in case she suddenly got it into her head to follow in the footsteps of Khan Noonien Singh.  If the knowledge became widespread, her life could be in danger.

"We all have secrets, Mr Thompson, some more secret than others.  Unfortunately for you, I do not care.  Take a seat on a biobed."

[Sickbay]

His eyes were like piercing fire. "Fine. But the secret does not leave this room, if you manage to find it. I assume you, it does not impead my ability to do my job." He looked to the phaser in his holster. "Just know if you find my secret and attempt to report it bad things await." His voice had become a low growl; like that of a beast.

He looked around. "I'm not sitting. That's final. We do this, we do it my way."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 5:09 am

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Sickbay]

His eyes were like piercing fire. "Fine. But the secret does not leave this room, if you manage to find it. I assume you, it does not impead my ability to do my job." He looked to the phaser in his holster. "Just know if you find my secret and attempt to report it bad things await." His voice had become a low growl; like that of a beast.

He looked around. "I'm not sitting. That's final. We do this, we do it my way."

[Sickbay]

Once again, Zero rolled her eyes. "Ensign, so long as you do not pose a threat to the running of this ship or the performance of your duty, I am under obligation to tell no one of any personal details. There is such a rule for all medics known as 'doctor patient confidentiality'. I will thank you again not to imply that I do not perform my duty as expected."

The implied threat that he would use his sidearm made Zero uneasy though. She narrowed her eyes before speaking a soft command. "Ghost, disarm."

The white canine moved in a blur, having been tensed as a coiled spring in anticipation of her next command. All things considered, he was very gentle as he jumped past Matthew, grabbing the phaser in his teeth and bounding back to Zero, presenting her with his prize. The Augment took the weapon from his mouth, tapping it against her palm.

"Mr Thompson, I think you will find that I am in charge of this sickbay and that entails that we do things my way. A physical entails more than just scanning your person with a tricorder. Now. Sit. Down."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 6:50 am

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Airponics Bay]

"I did, indeed," Chira said, smiling and taking the Andorian's hand in a polite shake.  "But you certainly don't need to call me by rank.  I'm surely not going to bob my head and call you 'sir'!"  Her face was a mask of impish playfulness.  "A joke, of course.  But, foregoing formalities is a counselor's prerogative."  

Glancing around, Chira took in the scent of the flowers around them.  She also couldn't have missed the almost reverential wonder that Thelos seemed to hold the flora.  Of course, she reminded herself, Andoria is a frozen world.  Any plants the blue doctor might be familiar with would be subterranean, and grown in labs.  Not unlike this one, yes...but probably more homogeneous.

"It's wonderful, isn't it?  Of course, a single bay isn't a patch on the station's Arboretum, but...not bad for space."  One of the main reasons she'd asked him to meet here, aside from the fact that she loved flowers, was to gauge the Andorian's reaction around plants...considering the source of their recent shared madness.

To the notion of forgoing formalities, well, you'd get no argument from Thelos. His life was comprised of his 'yessirs' and 'nosirs' and it was always a pleasure to break free from that. So, a simple boring old meeting in the place that Thelos decided he would now mentally refer to as 'the plant room'.

He was distracted again from answering for a moment by a vibrantly red and purple flower to his left. Don't touch, he reminded himself. On his world, if plants were grown, they were a precious resource and were not to be touched, lest they be damaged. He figured that still applied here.

"Yes, they're really quite pretty," he agreed wholeheartedly. Despite the madness with the spores on the station, it hadn't dulled his appreciation for flora in the slightest. The doctor's blue eyes flickered from the bright flower back to the counselor in front of him.

"I don't suppose you're making more of an analysis of the plant than you are of me, are you?" he said with a careless smile.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 9:17 am

[Security and Tactical console on the Bridge]

The console bleeped, signalling an incoming message.

Please, is there anyone out there? This is President Marcus Williams of Daeus III! We're under attack! We need help!
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 10:10 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

[Sickbay]

Once again, Zero rolled her eyes.  "Ensign, so long as you do not pose a threat to the running of this ship or the performance of your duty, I am under obligation to tell no one of any personal details.  There is such a rule for all medics known as 'doctor patient confidentiality'.  I will thank you again not to imply that I do not perform my duty as expected."

The implied threat that he would use his sidearm made Zero uneasy though.  She narrowed her eyes before speaking a soft command.  "Ghost, disarm."

The white canine moved in a blur, having been tensed as a coiled spring in anticipation of her next command.  All things considered, he was very gentle as he jumped past Matthew, grabbing the phaser in his teeth and bounding back to Zero, presenting her with his prize.  The Augment took the weapon from his mouth, tapping it against her palm.

"Mr Thompson, I think you will find that I am in charge of this sickbay and that entails that we do things my way.  A physical entails more than just scanning your person with a tricorder.  Now.  Sit.  Down."

[Sickbay]

He snatched back his phaser and forced his way passed her. "I don't like people touching my stuff. It's no longer necessary to do a scan; I'll be gone soon enough it won't matter." He commented tapping a button on his watch.

[Quarters]

He gathered his things; his hands running along the inscription on his helmet. "It's time again old friend." He looked to his watch seeing how far his ship was. It was blazing forward and an insane speed on its way to pick him up.

[Security Office]

The room was empty as he entered. He sat a PADD containing his resignation and his comm badge on the table and left as quickly as he entered.

[Bridge]

A ship appeared out of nowhere matching their speed as Matthew walked on the bridge in his casual attire. "Lower shields. I'm beaming off." He had a bag packed and his quarters were empty. "I'm resigning my position officially. Goodbye."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 7:44 pm

[XO's Office]

Henriks couldn't help but grin at Gabe's amiable attitude, reminding how glad he was to be on good terms with the man would be his brother in a short time, when Henriks and Chira wed beneath an October sky. The day was so near at hand, that he was bristling with excitement. He gave a brief nod to both Gabe, and then to Zero, before exiting the doors and making his way to the nearest turbolift.

[Corridors]

He whistled merrily as he walked through the corridor, occasionally snapping his fingers rhythmically as it swung by his side. Before he knew it, he was greeted by the doors to the temporary quarters he'd been assigned for his short stay on the Phoenix. The doors slowly parted for him, and a silent room greeted him. Teodors was still on the station, being cared for by Amos, and Chira was off and about, making her rounds. Because of the aftereffects of the spores, her services were in high demand. So Henriks shrugged off his teal-blue tunic, and plopped down onto the bed.

[Sickbay]

Every sickbay was different, shaped by the ship it was on and officer who led it. Having been on more than a few starships, and starbases, Henriks knew this to be true. But this one had a familiar ring to it. Zero Alpha reigned here. "Sveika, ma'am," he said quietly in passing, before stepping up to one of the nearby work stations.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 8:05 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

To the notion of forgoing formalities, well, you'd get no argument from Thelos. His life was comprised of his 'yessirs' and 'nosirs' and it was always a pleasure to break free from that. So, a simple boring old meeting in the place that Thelos decided he would now mentally refer to as 'the plant room'.

He was distracted again from answering for a moment by a vibrantly red and purple flower to his left. Don't touch, he reminded himself. On his world, if plants were grown, they were a precious resource and were not to be touched, lest they be damaged. He figured that still applied here.

"Yes, they're really quite pretty," he agreed wholeheartedly. Despite the madness with the spores on the station, it hadn't dulled his appreciation for flora in the slightest. The doctor's blue eyes flickered from the bright flower back to the counselor in front of him.

"I don't suppose you're making more of an analysis of the plant than you are of me, are you?" he said with a careless smile.

[Airponics Bay]

It wasn't hard to notice Thelos' hesitation at touching the plants. Chira knew that, on Earth, at least, that 'red' in nature often meant 'poison'. She wasn't sure how it was on Andoria, but one thing was for sure - they didn't have an overabundance of flora. She did have to chuckle a little, though, as his keen mind sliced right to the heart of the reason she was here.

"Alright, you've caught me. Why is it everyone immediately gets suspicious when the counselor is around?" she mused, winking. "In all seriousness, though...how are you feeling? And I'm asking as a fellow officer and, hopefully, as a friend...and not just as a counselor."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 8:20 pm

[Corriors]

Having been relived by Sonak from the Sciences console on the Bridge, Gavin had gratefully taken his leave of the ship's main hub of activity. It wasn't that he didn't like being on the Bridge, it was just...okay, yeah, he pretty much didn't like it. Once Sonak had returned from his departmental briefing, Gavin was more than happy to give up the chair.

And so, here he was, moving quickly along the corridors, on to Sickbay. This was to be one of Gavin's first trips into Sickbay as a member of another department...and it still felt a little odd. His new billet, however, still would give him ample opportunities to hang around his old haunts. The only reason he'd ever given up his past billet was to be out from under Starfleet Medical's thumb...and to raise a middle finger to what everyone else seemed to expect him to be.

[Sickbay]

The bay doors opened, expelling a sour-faced goldshirt who stalked by. Raising an eyebrow, Gavin shook his head and entered. It must be physical day.

He fully expected to see Zero here, but Abols was a pleasant surprise...and a stroke of fortune. Henriks had been one of the ones who had taken the full effect of the Beta Spores. "Hey, Doctor Abols," Gavin said, grinning. "What's up?"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 9:09 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
[Sickbay]

The bay doors opened, expelling a sour-faced goldshirt who stalked by.  Raising an eyebrow, Gavin shook his head and entered.  It must be physical day.

He fully expected to see Zero here, but Abols was a pleasant surprise...and a stroke of fortune.  Henriks had been one of the ones who had taken the full effect of the Beta Spores.  "Hey, Doctor Abols," Gavin said, grinning.  "What's up?"

[Sickbay]

With all the people walking in and out of sickbay within the last half hour, Henriks had stopped looking up every time the doors parted. A mass round of physicals had begun, a task better left to the ship's medical staff, who knew their crewmates better than he. Besides, he had another task to keep him occupied. There was still a considerable amount of data that from the recent spores incident on the station that needed to be reviewed. Henriks had collated all the reports from those who had been infected, himself included.

It wasn't until he heard his name that his head popped up. "Sveiks," he said by way of greeting as Gavin approached. Though he wasn't sure why, the question what's up? was a really annoying one. He knew what it meant, but still... Even so, one corner of his mouth curled into a slight smile as he replied, "Nothing much. Just a ceiling. I've mostly been going over data from the spores. How have you been?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 10:29 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

With all the people walking in and out of sickbay within the last half hour, Henriks had stopped looking up every time the doors parted. A mass round of physicals had begun, a task better left to the ship's medical staff, who knew their crewmates better than he. Besides, he had another task to keep him occupied. There was still a considerable amount of data that from the recent spores incident on the station that needed to be reviewed. Henriks had collated all the reports from those who had been infected, himself included.

It wasn't until he heard his name that his head popped up. "Sveiks," he said by way of greeting as Gavin approached. Though he wasn't sure why, the question what's up? was a really annoying one. He knew what it meant, but still... Even so, one corner of his mouth curled into a slight smile as he replied, "Nothing much. Just a ceiling. I've mostly been going over data from the spores. How have you been?"

[Sickbay]

"The ceiling, huh?" Gavin asked, a playful smirk on his lips.  "What're you a doctor of, philology?"  He winked, gesturing expansively.  "If you don't watch it, next time I'll come in and ask, 'Eh...what's up, Doc?'"

Mention of the spores brought Gav back to the reason he was here.  "I've been in the spore data myself, and there's a craptonne of it to be going through.  We'll have enough data to crunch for the next year, at least."  He handed Abols a padd, which contained a full holographic scan of one of the spores.  "Thousands of 'em, floating all through the station.  They attach themselves to the brain itself, though, fortunately, there seems to be a small grace period during which they're susceptible to any slowing down of body functions, relaxation...in short, the little guys get bored, and move on."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Airponics Bay]

It wasn't hard to notice Thelos' hesitation at touching the plants.  Chira knew that, on Earth, at least, that 'red' in nature often meant 'poison'.  She wasn't sure how it was on Andoria, but one thing was for sure - they didn't have an overabundance of flora.  She did have to chuckle a little, though, as his keen mind sliced right to the heart of the reason she was here.

"Alright, you've caught me.  Why is it everyone immediately gets suspicious when the counselor is around?" she mused, winking.  "In all seriousness, though...how are you feeling?  And I'm asking as a fellow officer and, hopefully, as a friend...and not just as a counselor."

"I think even the possibility of being psychoanalyzed tends to unnerve the majority of people," Thelos said, his tone a natural, easy teasing one that he'd developed when talking to humans for so long. He was sure that his friends back in the Imperial Guard would laugh at him for how carelessly he spoke around 'pinkskins' nowadays.

The question, he was sure, was asked due to his unfortunately recently decorated medical file. He was going to have to make sure he got across that he was well and fine- starfleet medical had made sure of that, aside from his antenna, which as of yet had refused to grow back.

"I'm feeling fine, really. Maybe a bit tired after Athena. Excited, I guess, for the upcoming missions and such," the doctor replied. "...Don't worry, I know how it is to get patients to tell you anything but the bare minimum as a doctor. You'll get no resistance from me."
Back to top Go down
Robert Williams
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 5:20 pm

[Quarters]

It was time for him to get his mandatory physical. Seemed silly since he could do it himself but it was regulation so he began towards sickbay.

[Sickbay]

The doors swished open as the Doctor entered. "I'm here for my physical. Figured it had to be done some time; why no now?" Robert commented expecting to see the ships CMO but instead seeing Henriks whom he knew to be aboard Starbase Athena. "Ah good, now I don't have to redo it when we get back aboard the Starbase."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[Sickbay]

"The ceiling, huh?" Gavin asked, a playful smirk on his lips.  "What're you a doctor of, philology?"  He winked, gesturing expansively.  "If you don't watch it, next time I'll come in and ask, 'Eh...what's up, Doc?'"

Mention of the spores brought Gav back to the reason he was here.  "I've been in the spore data myself, and there's a craptonne of it to be going through.  We'll have enough data to crunch for the next year, at least."  He handed Abols a padd, which contained a full holographic scan of one of the spores.  "Thousands of 'em, floating all through the station.  They attach themselves to the brain itself, though, fortunately, there seems to be a small grace period during which they're susceptible to any slowing down of body functions, relaxation...in short, the little guys get bored, and move on."

[Sickbay]

"And then I'd probably look to see if you had a carrot in hand," Henriks laughed. "Haha, no. Though psychology is one of my hobbies." He grinned, the thought making him think of Chira. He glanced down at the padd as Gav handed slid it into his hand. "Fascinating little things," he mused with a smile, thankful to have a visual of the pesky little spores that had caused so much mayhem.

"Likely they traveled through the nose along the scent path, bypassing a whole ton of stuff and going straight to the brain." Henriks paused, scrolling through some of the data listed below. Some overlapped with the data he had collected, but that sort of thing tended to happen when science and medical teamed up.

Robert Williams wrote:

[Sickbay]

The doors swished open as the Doctor entered. "I'm here for my physical. Figured it had to be done some time; why no now?" Robert commented expecting to see the ships CMO but instead seeing Henriks whom he knew to be aboard Starbase Athena. "Ah good, now I don't have to redo it when we get back aboard the Starbase."

For the second time in a short while, Henriks heard his name again. He looked over to find a new blueshirt patiently standing by. It was a face he vaguely recognized, so it was likely one of his. Otherwise he would have looked for another nurse to conduct the physical. But he wanted to get to know the man better. "If you'll take a seat on a biobed, I'll be with you in just a moment."
Back to top Go down
Robert Williams
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

"And then I'd probably look to see if you had a carrot in hand," Henriks laughed. "Haha, no. Though psychology is one of my hobbies." He grinned, the thought making him think of Chira. He glanced down at the padd as Gav handed slid it into his hand. "Fascinating little things," he mused with a smile, thankful to have a visual of the pesky little spores that had caused so much mayhem.

"Likely they traveled through the nose along the scent path, bypassing a whole ton of stuff and going straight to the brain." Henriks paused, scrolling through some of the data listed below. Some overlapped with the data he had collected, but that sort of thing tended to happen when science and medical teamed up.

For the second time in a short while, Henriks heard his name again. He looked over to find a new blueshirt patiently standing by. It was a face he vaguely recognized, so it was likely one of his. Otherwise he would have looked for another nurse to conduct the physical. But he wanted to get to know the man better. "If you'll take a seat on a biobed, I'll be with you in just a moment."

He walked the biobed and took a seat. "No rush. I've got the time." As he waited for Henriks to get to him.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 10:04 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

"You're pretty much right on the money," Gavin said, nodding. "At least, if it happens again...we'll be in a better position to do something about it." He shrugged, laughing a little. "One more 'unknown' is turned into a 'known'. I guess that's one of the things we're here for."

Gavin looked up as someone else entered Sickbay - apparently another doctor. He was mildly annoyed at being interrupted, but...there wasn't a whole lot more he needed to talk with Abols about. "Ah. Right...I'll just pop back to the lab. Seeya, Henriks." Gavin nodded to the new member of the medical staff, turning to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 1: The Price of Kindness   Mission 1:  The Price of Kindness - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 1: The Price of Kindness
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next