Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 4: Behind the Mask

Go down 
+9
Safefta Pardek
Zero Alpha
Chira Abols
Archangel T'Koris
Gabriel Arthur
NPC
Tufezr Nefen
Alexander Wu
Gavin Van Gelder
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tufezr Nefen
Ensign
Ensign

Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 12:49 pm

[Main Engineering]

"I really hate those Jeffries Tubes." The irritated Trill grumbled to himself as he managed to crawl out of the confoundedly small space. If he ever got his hands on one of those starship designers, so help the fool if they had designed the Phoenix's Jeffries tubes. He smoothed out his uniform's tunic as best as he could, then straightened it from the hem before making his way over the starboard power couplings readout. Tapping a few keys on the panel, he felt confident that this day of shore leave should go without a hitch.

Stepping away from the control panel and heading to the other side of Main Engineering, he checked on the warp core, just in case. Those dilithium crystals were always so temperamental, if one left them unchecked and bored for too long they got a little stir crazy. The host to an almost immeasurably old symbiont smiled, glad that he knew just where he was meant to be. The sound of the thrumming warp core, the rhythms of the catwalks as the crew walked along them, this was indeed the place for him.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 1:49 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"You honour us, Mr President," she replied.  This wasn't something that she was very good at, being diplomatic, but she would do her best to perform her duty.

Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 President_zps3b6599d1
President Anim Gorova

[Planetside]

"Very well," Gorova nodded, giving the captain one of his most winning smiles. It was a smile that had carried him through two election cycles. "I will expect to see you and whomever you choose to bring with you. You will have dinner prepared by my personal chefs. The best in the quadrant, if I may seem an utter braggart," the older man said, his eyes twinkling with merriment. "Until then, your crew may enjoy the pleasantness our little world has to offer."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 2:27 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[XO's Office]

Plus one for you, Gabriel thought, though he was far too professional to allow officers' opinions of his children to reflect in his opinion of them...it was nice to see that Ensign Rellek had such a positive reaction to Aria.  Though Starfleet had begun to make tentative steps toward allowing families back on vessels like the Phoenix and her sister classes, there was still a rather vocal contingent that were opposed to it.  In Gabe's opinion, having the girls on board wasn't ideal at all...but it was their life, and it was all his children had ever known.  

Aria turned her head from her father's shoulder, a little smile touching her chubby cheeks.  "Hullo," the toddler said, in almost near-imitation of her father's speech patterns.  Gabriel couldn't help but grin ear-to-ear.  "She's gonna be two next month.  Aria is our youngest...there's also Seika, who is turning five."

He set the little girl down, who grabbed ahold of the desk and began to toddle about the room.  "Well, it was good to meet you, ensign.  I didn't really have any purpose for the meeting other than to say 'hello', and to welcome you aboard.  We're puttin' in for leave on the planet soon, so I imagine you'll be wanting to head that way."

From where she was on the floor, little Aria waddled over to Rellek, her tiny hands giving a little tug on her uniform pant leg.  "Up?" she asked, her heterochromatic eyes looking up quizzically.

[XO Office]

Julia smiled when she noticed the toddler tugging on the leg of her uniform. "Well hello there." Julia said as she bent over to pickup the toddler. Julia then stood with Aria in her arms and began to address Arthur. "Yes sir. I am very glad to be aboard. I certainly hope I can add value to the team out here. It feels a little delayed in my career, sir, but perhaps I will finally get to exercise my space legs." The entire time Julia addressed the Commander she was dodging Arias finger. The toddler was making a solid attempt to place her fingers up Julia's nose. Julia finally grabbed Arias hand and guided it to her where she proceeded to make juvenile sounds. "num num num." Julia laughed. "If you don't stop trying to stick your finger up my nose I'm going to have to eat that hand." Aria laughed as Julia proceeded to pretend to eat her hand. She glanced over to Commander Arthur and gave him a slight smile as she continued to play with the child who was laughing uncontrollably in her arms.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 4:22 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia smiled when she noticed the toddler tugging on the leg of her uniform. "Well hello there." Julia said as she bent over to pickup the toddler. Julia then stood with Aria in her arms and began to address Arthur. "Yes sir. I am very glad to be aboard. I certainly hope I can add value to the team out here. It feels a little delayed in my career, sir, but perhaps I will finally get to exercise my space legs." The entire time Julia addressed the Commander she was dodging Arias finger. The toddler was making a solid attempt to place her fingers up Julia's nose. Julia finally grabbed Arias hand and guided it to her where she proceeded to make juvenile sounds. "num num num." Julia laughed. "If you don't stop trying to stick your finger up my nose I'm going to have to eat that hand." Aria laughed as Julia proceeded to pretend to eat her hand. She glanced over to Commander Arthur and gave him a slight smile as she continued to play with the child who was laughing uncontrollably in her arms.

[XO's Office]

"Whee!" Aria giggled happily as Rellek pretended to chomp at her fingers. "At's not food!" she said, squealing in delight. Gabriel laughed right along, shaking his head. Aria was quick to take to people. It reminded him a little bit of Seika, who had been about that age when he'd first met Archangel. Seika had taken right to him, too, tackling his knees and calling him 'Uncle Gabriel'.

"Careful, ensign. It looks like you might have made yourself a friend for life."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 4:31 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[XO's Office]

"Whee!" Aria giggled happily as Rellek pretended to chomp at her fingers.  "At's not food!" she said, squealing in delight.  Gabriel laughed right along, shaking his head.  Aria was quick to take to people.  It reminded him a little bit of Seika, who had been about that age when he'd first met Archangel.  Seika had taken right to him, too, tackling his knees and calling him 'Uncle Gabriel'.  

"Careful, ensign.  It looks like you might have made yourself a friend for life."

[XO Office]

Aria continued to giggle and Julia looked to Arthur and said. "I think you maybe right." Julia laughed as she stopped playing with the toddler and shifted her weight to pass the child back to her father. Julia leaned into Arthur. "Sir, is there anything in particular you need from me as I begin to settle in?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

Aria continued to giggle and Julia looked to Arthur and said. "I think you maybe right." Julia laughed as she stopped playing with the toddler and shifted her weight to pass the child back to her father. Julia leaned into Arthur. "Sir, is there anything in particular you need from me as I begin to settle in?"

[XO's Office]

"Nope, not a thing," Gabriel answered, holding out his hands in Aria's direction. The toddler squealed in delight, squirming back into his arms. "Just wanted to touch base, and welcome you on board. One of the little perks of being the department head of department heads." He shifted Aria on his hip so that she was facing Rellek. "Also, congratulations...you passed the baby test." As if on cue, Aria blurbled a smile, giving the ensign a little wave. "Bye!" she said, after her father's prompting. "Indeed," Gabriel agreed, setting the girl back in her playpen. "You can head on down to the surface, if you want to. Dismissed."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 11:02 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[XO's Office]

"Nope, not a thing," Gabriel answered, holding out his hands in Aria's direction.  The toddler squealed in delight, squirming back into his arms.  "Just wanted to touch base, and welcome you on board.  One of the little perks of being the department head of department heads."  He shifted Aria on his hip so that she was facing Rellek.  "Also, congratulations...you passed the baby test."  As if on cue, Aria blurbled a smile, giving the ensign a little wave.  "Bye!" she said, after her father's prompting.  "Indeed," Gabriel agreed, setting the girl back in her playpen.  "You can head on down to the surface, if you want to.  Dismissed."

[XO Office]

Julia smiled as Aria said bye. She then raised her hand and gave the child a wave and said "buh-bye sweetheart." Julia then turned her attention back to Arthur. "I don't remember mention of a baby test while at the academy." Julia laughed at her half-hearted attempt at a joke." She then turned direction and left the office. Once Julia arrived in the corridor she breathed a sigh of relief. You did it Julia! You made it over the first hurdle. This was the first time Julia found herself surrounded by people other then scientists. She was very nervous to meet everyone. As she worked her way through the corridor to the turbolift she couldn't help but to be grateful for her new friend Gavin who had helped her break the ice. He made at least one face familiar in this seeming field of unfamiliar faces. She entered the turbo lift. "Deck Six." She said to the computer.

[Transporter Room 1]

Julia entered the transporter room and smiled at the young crewman working. "I need beamed to the planet's surface crewman." Julia said with a smile. She then stepped on the pad and dematerialized.

[Planet's Surface]

Julia rematerialized on the planet's surface. The sun struck her fair skin. Aw sunlight! This feels amazing! Julia thought to herself. It had been sometime since Julia stood in real sunlight. She had spent some time on the holodeck earlier that week but the holodeck never seemed to get that feeling quite right. The planet was picturesque. Filled with sunshine and trees. It reminded her of a postcard she had once received. Thank you planetary weather systems. She thought to herself. Now just to locate the others?
Back to top Go down
Tufezr Nefen
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 1:20 pm

[Main Engineering]

"Nefen! Do you have those warp relay readouts yet?!"

Tufezr sighed, not looking away from his console for the moment. The Chief of Engineering, SCPO Callan, was making it very clear that he was taking his time enjoying being an Engineer rather than just doing the job. But where was the fun in that? He smiled over at the Chief. "Not yet ma'am, I'll have it done shortly."

The Terran rolled her eyes, apparently not accustomed to such congeniality on the job. The Trill turned away with a sigh, glad that he had staved her off for the time being. He knew she was just anxious to get to the surface, everyone else in Engineering had already been cleared and left. Tufezr wasn't really interested in fine dining and entertainment, his joy came from listening to the engines, knowing he had done his job right and that all was well. Even though he hated the confounded tubes, an alert on his console told him that one of the Jeffries tubes control panels on deck seven still needed maintenance. He sighed and tapped out the readouts, sending them to the Chief's console.

"The warp relay readouts should be showing up by you now, chief. I'm going to Deck Seven to work on that control panel, have a good time on shore leave ma'am!" The human dismissively waved him off from afar, and he grabbed a tricorder and some basic tools before climbing into the infernal tubes designed by drunk starship designers, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 4:57 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

[Planet's Surface]

Julia rematerialized on the planet's surface. The sun struck her fair skin. Aw sunlight! This feels amazing! Julia thought to herself. It had been sometime since Julia stood in real sunlight. She had spent some time on the holodeck earlier that week but the holodeck never seemed to get that feeling quite right. The planet was picturesque. Filled with sunshine and trees. It reminded her of a postcard she had once received. Thank you planetary weather systems. She thought to herself. Now just to locate the others?

[Planetside]

Peeking out from around the corner of a building, a little girl watched as a woman in a strange uniform appeared in a shimmer of light.  She tilted her head to one side, curiosity clear in her expression.

The child was at complete opposites with her surroundings.  Thin pale, and scruffy, with a layer of dirt coating her skin and ragged clothing.  She was about as far removed from the city as she could be.  She seemed young, maybe four or five years of age.  A torn and tattered teddy bear with the stuffing hanging out of the hole where one of its arms dangled by a few threads was clutched in her hand.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Wu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 5:27 pm

Safefta Pardek wrote:

[Arboretum]

Safefta briefly lifted her hand to her eye level to look at the scars criss-crossing it. She sighed with a shrug. You have never asked before. Why would now be any different? It didn't occur to her that maybe he'd wanted to ask and just didn't. When she had a question, usually it was asked without thinking too much about the consequences.

Alex apparently decided to answer her question anyway. Of course, it just raised even more questions- Did he kill them? What did they say to incite his anger? But she condensed and revised it to more of a statement. "---There are few things worth doing that over... but I believe I know you well enough to say that whatever it was, it was important."

The suggestion to move to a different room prompted a raised eyebrow from Safefta, as did his heavy drinking. Have you always done this? I do not remember. If I had, I would have joined you more often.

"I would not be opposed... but are you intoxicated to the point of tripping if we attempt to walk there?"

[Arboretum]

"Pfft." Alex replied instantly, feigning insult to his pride. "I'm a sailor, takes alot more than a few wee drops of hooch t'set me three sheets to the wind." He was suddenly feeling much more cheerful, and clasped Safefta heartily on the shoulder. "Eh, an even better idea! What say we take a gander below? I recall hearing a fellow mention that the conn was open."

With an unexpected burst of energy revitalizing his body, Alex practically leapt to his feet, swaying as his legs remembered their function. "I'll walk it off." He reassured her, offering Saf a hand up. "Ready to go?"
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 6:57 pm

[Planetside]

"There are people who... race in these?" Jiseth asked a bit of disbelief in her voice.

"Oh yes. It's one of the grander sporting events here. The course is set around the city and each pilot must complete three laps. The speeds are really quite impressive." The young attendant was so chipper she reminded the Romulan of Chira.

"And how do I enter this race?"

"Oh, just fill out the application and hope a sponsor chooses you to pilot one of their craft. Begs the question... Are you a pilot? What province are you from?"

Pulling back her hood, Jiseth noticed a slight look of shock on the attendant's face when she saw her ears. She filled what parts of the application she could. It was highly unlikely any of the natives had ratings for a Nebula-class starship. Or any other.

"I'm from Rateg. City on Romulus. Just a moment..."

"Y-yes. Of c-course."

=/\= Jiseth to Zero. May I partake in an event with the locals? =/\=
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 8:27 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero tapped a finger on the smooth, glassy surface of the workbench, considering how words.  One day, she wanted to be free of Medical's grasp and the sooner that day came, the better, but she was also aware that she was more likely to drop dead before it happened.

"It would be believable that you are unaware of the arrangements of Jiseth's return, simply that she has returned."  She then sighed slightly, shaking her head.  "It is difficult to tread the line between what they wish to hear and what will bring about my return to them."

[Med Lab]

"Fair enough," Gavin nodded, trying to banish the icy pit in his stomach. Just because Zero was in on the fact that they were collaborating on his reporting to Starfleet Medical...it didn't make it any easier, having to play this damn game, acting as if the person in front of him was a lab experiment instead of a human being! "I'll write something up and get it sent out. Then," he grinned, "I'm gonna find Thelos, and make him suffer in the warmth a little and hopefully go swimming. At least...that's my plan. Anything to remove clothing."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 8:38 pm

Tufezr Nefen wrote:

"The warp relay readouts should be showing up by you now, chief. I'm going to Deck Seven to work on that control panel, have a good time on shore leave ma'am!" The human dismissively waved him off from afar, and he grabbed a tricorder and some basic tools before climbing into the infernal tubes designed by drunk starship designers, no doubt.

[USS Phoenix - Jefferies Tubes]

There were many good things about having her mobility back after the years spent unable to move her legs, but playing in the jefferies tubes was definitely at the top of the list of things that Seika had missed. Back on the Discovery, she used to help her mother out in Engineering, including on the maintenance shifts. She was quite good at identifying tools and could even type things into the computer and replace a section of optical cabling!

Now, with her mother on the planet's surface on Starfleet business and Aria away with their father, Seika had become bored just sitting in the family's quarters with the holositter, so she had done what she always did. She took the holoemitter apart.

Now, she crawled through the tubes, moving easily due to her diminutive size, Seika played at being an Engineer. She had a toolbelt wrapped around her waist just like her mother did when she was working in Engineering, each pouch containing a different child-sized tool. She even held a tricorder in her hand, although it was an old model no longer used by the Fleet and barely worked.

She paused in her crawling, tilting her head to one side as she thought she heard someone crawling along to the junction just ahead of her. A wide grin split her face as she recognised the yellow-uniformed officer.

"Mr Spot!"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 8:51 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[Med Lab]

"Fair enough," Gavin nodded, trying to banish the icy pit in his stomach.  Just because Zero was in on the fact that they were collaborating on his reporting to Starfleet Medical...it didn't make it any easier, having to play this damn game, acting as if the person in front of him was a lab experiment instead of a human being!  "I'll write something up and get it sent out.  Then," he grinned, "I'm gonna find Thelos, and make him suffer in the warmth a little and hopefully go swimming.  At least...that's my plan.  Anything to remove clothing."  

[Medical Lab]

One pale eyebrow of Zero's rose slightly as Gavin told her of his plans with Thelos, but she didn't comment. There was no point in commenting on it given her own relationship with Jiseth.

"I will leave the contents of the report to your judgement," she replied evenly. "In the mean time, I will return to my research until my appointment with Counsellor Abols."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 12:35 am

NPC wrote:

[Planetside]

Peeking out from around the corner of a building, a little girl watched as a woman in a strange uniform appeared in a shimmer of light.  She tilted her head to one side, curiosity clear in her expression.

The child was at complete opposites with her surroundings.  Thin pale, and scruffy, with a layer of dirt coating her skin and ragged clothing.  She was about as far removed from the city as she could be.  She seemed young, maybe four or five years of age.  A torn and tattered teddy bear with the stuffing hanging out of the hole where one of its arms dangled by a few threads was clutched in her hand.

[Planetside]

As Julia embraced the warmth of the sun something caught her eye. She immediately had the odd feeling that she was being watched. She began to move forward when something caught her eye. What's that? Julia thought. Julia then quickly realized that there was a small girl peering at her from around a nearby building. What is going on here? Julia was confused by the dichotomy. She felt herself being pulled to the child. The child did not appear to be in the best of shape. As Julia moved closer to the child she muttered; "Well hello there." Julia's tone was soft. She wasn't even certain that the child could hear her. She continued to move toward the child. Each step was gentle; as if Julia was calculating each movement of her muscles. The last thing she wanted was to frighten the little girl.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 6:59 am

[Planetside]

Not bad at all, Chira thought, waving goodbye to a few of her Medical-department colleagues as they went off toward one of the beaches. The crew seemed to be enjoying the pleasant warmth of the planet, heading off to swim or lie about in the fields...she could swear that someone even said that Jiseth was going to go racing? Figured.

She was still in uniform. Although the setting was picturesque, Chira still felt like she was on duty. Especially since the new directive from the captain had come down - Zero Alpha was to...'shadow'...her, for lack of a better term, when both of their schedules allowed it. It would, at least in theory, give the pale girl a better grip on emotions and interactions. Chira knew that Arch and her brother were doing all they could to aid in Zero's quest for full Federation citizenship. She was only glad to help, in any way that she could.

=^="Abols to Alpha. I'm down here, planetside. Whenever you finish up on the ship, feel free to meet me."=^=
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 7:25 am

Chira Abols wrote:

=^="Abols to Alpha.  I'm down here, planetside.  Whenever you finish up on the ship, feel free to meet me."=^=

[Medical Lab]

Hearing the communication come through from the Counsellor, Zero sighed.  She appreciated the fact that so many people were working to help her in her understanding of humanoid interactions, but there were times that she would have preferred to stay in isolation with her projects.

"Acknowledged, Counsellor.  I will be down presently."

Quickly tidying up her research station and going through the appropriate sterilisation procedures, Zero left the lab, dropping by her quarters to pick up Ghost before heading to the transporter room.  She didn't like having the canine in the lab when she was working with live viruses or diseases, but she was aware that he needed walked and she figured that going down planetside would do him some good.

[Planetside]

The Augment was beamed down directly to Chira's location.  Once she was fully materialised, she inclined her head to the Counsellor.  This was going to be the first time that she would shadow her.  If nothing else, it would be an interesting experiment to Zero.

"Greetings, Counsellor."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 7:48 am

Julia Rellek wrote:

[Planetside]

As Julia embraced the warmth of the sun something caught her eye. She immediately had the odd feeling that she was being watched. She began to move forward when something caught her eye. What's that? Julia thought. Julia then quickly realized that there was a small girl peering at her from around a nearby building. What is going on here? Julia was confused by the dichotomy. She felt herself being pulled to the child. The child did not appear to be in the best of shape. As Julia moved closer to the child she muttered; "Well hello there." Julia's tone was soft. She wasn't even certain that the child could hear her. She continued to move toward the child. Each step was gentle; as if Julia was calculating each movement of her muscles. The last thing she wanted was to frighten the little girl.

[Planetside]

As Julia approached, the little girl shrank back slightly, but didn't run. She stared at the officer, apparently caught between terror and fascination. She hugged her teddy bear closer to her skinny chest.

"Hello," she murmured in return before pausing, almost as if she was waging some internal battle before blurting out: "You're really pretty!"
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 8:05 am

Alexander Wu wrote:

[Arboretum]

"Pfft." Alex replied instantly, feigning insult to his pride. "I'm a sailor, takes alot more than a few wee drops of hooch t'set me three sheets to the wind." He was suddenly feeling much more cheerful, and clasped Safefta heartily on the shoulder. "Eh, an even better idea! What say we take a gander below? I recall hearing a fellow mention that the conn was open."

With an unexpected burst of energy revitalizing his body, Alex practically leapt to his feet, swaying as his legs remembered their function. "I'll walk it off." He reassured her, offering Saf a hand up. "Ready to go?"

[Arboretum]

Safefta listened to Alex brush off her question. She didn't believe a word of what he was saying... but at least he didn't look or feel as forlorn as he had when she'd run across him- if the jolting grip on her shoulder was any indication. "We may go down there so long as you do not cause any issues," she said. What issues would he cause? she wondered a second later. Ah well, she'd already said it.

Pardek considered the offered hand for a moment before taking it and stand up. The minor telepathic link that could have started was aggressively shunted off by the Romulan, and she didn't give any outward sign that she'd done anything at all. That really wasn't a good idea.

"I am ready as I can be." she stated evenly. "...As for walking it off... I do not believe alcohol metabolization works quite that way." With that she lead her friend out of the Arboretum and into the empty hallway. "The nearest turbolift is that way," she prompted, silently eyeing the human to see if he'd actually regained his legs or not.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:24 am

NPC wrote:

[Planetside]

As Julia approached, the little girl shrank back slightly, but didn't run.  She stared at the officer, apparently caught between terror and fascination.  She hugged her teddy bear closer to her skinny chest.

"Hello," she murmured in return before pausing, almost as if she was waging some internal battle before blurting out:  "You're really pretty!"

Julia approached the child. Every step Julia took was light. As the child began to speak to her Julia edged in closer. At this point she stood about five feet from the child. "Hello there sweetheart." Julia smiled. "You're very pretty too? What's you're name?" Julia said as she knelt down. Julia's mind was racing. Poverty? She thought. Julia had never actually seen this before. Growing up on Earth this simply isn't something you find on Earth anymore.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Wu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 4:01 pm

Safefta Pardek wrote:

[Arboretum]

Safefta listened to Alex brush off her question. She didn't believe a word of what he was saying... but at least he didn't look or feel as forlorn as he had when she'd run across him- if the jolting grip on her shoulder was any indication. "We may go down there so long as you do not cause any issues," she said. What issues would he cause? she wondered a second later. Ah well, she'd already said it.

Pardek considered the offered hand for a moment before taking it and stand up. The minor telepathic link that could have started was aggressively shunted off by the Romulan, and she didn't give any outward sign that she'd done anything at all. That really wasn't a good idea.

"I am ready as I can be." she stated evenly. "...As for walking it off... I do not believe alcohol metabolization works quite that way." With that she lead her friend out of the Arboretum and into the empty hallway. "The nearest turbolift is that way," she prompted, silently eyeing the human to see if he'd actually regained his legs or not.

[Deck 7 Corridor]

"Oh, it works better than you think." Alex replied, following Safefta out of the arboretum and into the corridor. The short journey to the turbolift was unremarkable, without any falls or incidents. Once inside, Alex leaned against the bulkhead for support, observing the young Romulan idly. "Deck 6." He stated, keeping his feet firmly planted as the lift moved one deck upwards.

[Transporter Room 2]

Predictably, the duty controller was a young crewman who was more than a little anxious to finish his shift. Alex felt as though he were in no state to give orders, and simply stepped onto the pad, swaying minutely while waiting for Saf to direct the operator.
Back to top Go down
Tufezr Nefen
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 4:26 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[USS Phoenix - Jefferies Tubes]

There were many good things about having her mobility back after the years spent unable to move her legs, but playing in the jefferies tubes was definitely at the top of the list of things that Seika had missed.  Back on the Discovery, she used to help her mother out in Engineering, including on the maintenance shifts.  She was quite good at identifying tools and could even type things into the computer and replace a section of optical cabling!  

Now, with her mother on the planet's surface on Starfleet business and Aria away with their father, Seika had become bored just sitting in the family's quarters with the holositter, so she had done what she always did.  She took the holoemitter apart.

Now, she crawled through the tubes, moving easily due to her diminutive size, Seika played at being an Engineer.  She had a toolbelt wrapped around her waist just like her mother did when she was working in Engineering, each pouch containing a different child-sized tool.  She even held a tricorder in her hand, although it was an old model no longer used by the Fleet and barely worked.

She paused in her crawling, tilting her head to one side as she thought she heard someone crawling along to the junction just ahead of her.  A wide grin split her face as she recognised the yellow-uniformed officer.  

"Mr Spot!"

[Deck Seven Jeffries Tubes]

Deja vu, as many Terran humans tended to term the circumstances, as Tufezr's alarm at being called towards so suddenly caused his head to fly up and hit the ceiling of the already narrow tube. Groaning in both pain and a bit of irritation, Tufezr reached up to rub the top of his exposed head, wondering if there would be any blood. HE didn't detect an open wound of any size, though a small lump indicated a potential bruise, and he glanced forward of the junction to see just who had called out to him.

His demeanor changed quickly when he saw the dark hair young girl, smiling as he recognized the Captain's five-year-old daughter.

"Hello Seika, what brings you to the Jeffires tubes? Getting a head start on outranking your mother?" He joked with the child gladly, happy to have some kind of diversion from what he usually had to deal with in the Jeffires tubes. A friendly and familiar face went a long way, and any truly innocent child's smile can dash away the cold hearted and the gloomy feelings of anyone or anything. At least, in Ensign Nefen's personal opinion.

He crawled forward into the junction carefully, then leaned against the maintenance tunnel wall and smiled at Seika again as they talked.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 4:29 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia approached the child. Every step Julia took was light. As the child began to speak to her Julia edged in closer. At this point she stood about five feet from the child. "Hello there sweetheart." Julia smiled. "You're very pretty too? What's you're name?" Julia said as she knelt down. Julia's mind was racing. Poverty? She thought. Julia had never actually seen this before. Growing up on Earth this simply isn't something you find on Earth anymore.

[Planetside]

Hugging the bear even tighter, the little girl appeared to want to disappear behind it. The strange officer was standing pretty close to her now, and she still didn't know whether she wanted to stay or run.

"My name's Hope," she replied shyly. "Do you know where my mommy is?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 6:49 pm

[Planetside - Later]

It was, indeed, a nice world. With all the pleasant sunshine, Gabriel was glad that the petitioning world wasn't some kind of...land of perpetual frost...or something. Considering that Andoria had been a charter member of the Federation, a frostball planet wasn't exactly something out of the range of possibility.

After dropping Aria off at the ship's child-care center, Gabe had beamed down to the surface, moving toward where his wife was meeting with the president or supreme mugwhump or whatever the leader of this world was called. Seika had still been with her holositter, but it was good to give the girls a little time away from one another. Their babies were a joy, but even the most well-behaved of children needed a break from a sibling. Just ask Chira how many times I tried to tie her braids into a bow when we were kids...

A group of off-duty officers waved to him, heading toward the beachside. At least, he hoped they were off-duty, considering how very little clothing they were wearing.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 7:15 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Planetside - Later]

It was, indeed, a nice world.  With all the pleasant sunshine, Gabriel was glad that the petitioning world wasn't some kind of...land of perpetual frost...or something.  Considering that Andoria had been a charter member of the Federation, a frostball planet wasn't exactly something out of the range of possibility.

After dropping Aria off at the ship's child-care center, Gabe had beamed down to the surface, moving toward where his wife was meeting with the president or supreme mugwhump or whatever the leader of this world was called.  Seika had still been with her holositter, but it was good to give the girls a little time away from one another.  Their babies were a joy, but even the most well-behaved of children needed a break from a sibling.  Just ask Chira how many times I tried to tie her braids into a bow when we were kids...

A group of off-duty officers waved to him, heading toward the beachside.  At least, he hoped they were off-duty, considering how very little clothing they were wearing.

[Planetside]

Sometimes, Archangel really cursed her position as Captain of the Phoenix, and this was definitely one of those times. Here she was, wandering around with the president of the planet giving her a tour of the city while being shadowed by both a detachment of her own security department and the president's detail, listening to him trying to worm his way into her good books in the hope that the final report about the planet's admission, written by Archangel, would be a positive one.

They were walking along the causeway that ran the length of the beach, the president still chatting away about the various achievements of the planet and its people, Archangel only listening with half an ear as she walked with the very rigid, upright posture she generally adopted when she was uncomfortable with a situation, her arms folded behind her back.

Spotting a familiar man in a red uniform, a smile spread over her face. Lengthening her stride a little, she made her way over to him.

"President Gorova, allow me to introduce my husband and first officer, Gabriel Arthur."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 4: Behind the Mask   Mission 4: Behind the Mask - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 4: Behind the Mask
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next