Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run

Go down 
+11
Safefta Pardek
Persephone M'Rai
Leela Kaz
Conor Terell
Zero Alpha
Archangel T'Koris
Julia Rellek
Kintiss
Gabriel Arthur
Kejal Buris
T'Lara
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave

Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 12:29 pm

Chloé Lavigne wrote:

Chloé looked over at the man who had shouted at her across the bridge. 'How rude.' she thought as she noticed the yellow uniform. "I have been filling in for the vacant master at arms position Mr..." Since Chloé was filling in since she had boarded she was new to the rest of the crew. She continued to speak despite not knowing his name. "I am a tactical officer, Dr. Chloé Lavigne. Do you need any assistance?" She asked. 'I'm  sure he will come back with a sarcastic comment.' She thought, smiling at the man anyway and hoping for the best.

[Bridge - Tactical Station 2]

The sudden arrival of a new face to the bridge definitely threw off the air on the bridge... if it even could be any more than it already was, given that they'd already been careened into a different quadrant. Safefta felt she truly didn't have time for a proper greeting or reaction, and hoped for the Captain to deal with this new nuisance as soon as physically possible.

However, it seemed she'd have to. Conor had already fired off with the confusion that many of the bridge were feeling already, and now the new arrival had just introduced herself as a tactical officer... which mean she was going to be her own problem soon enough. Ah well. There had to be a way to approach the situation that confined the conversation to someone she knew already.

"Petty Officer." The Romulan rarely spoke, but when she did it was usually in an ice-laden tone. This was no exception. It really wasn't personal, just nature. "While I appreciate that this situation is tense, lease control your language when greeting officers on duty." A silent moment passed, and Safefta begrudgingly turned her attention to Chloé. "You have come to the bridge at an inconvenient time. Apologies for... any ill impressions." Her face read of no such sense of apologetic nonsense, but she went for it anyway for the sake of formality.
Back to top Go down
Chloé Lavigne
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 2:24 pm

Safefta Pardek wrote:

[Bridge - Tactical Station 2]

The sudden arrival of a new face to the bridge definitely threw off the air on the bridge... if it even could be any more than it already was, given that they'd already been careened into a different quadrant. Safefta felt she truly didn't have time for a proper greeting or reaction, and hoped for the Captain to deal with this new nuisance as soon as physically possible.

However, it seemed she'd have to. Conor had already fired off with the confusion that many of the bridge were feeling already, and now the new arrival had just introduced herself as a tactical officer... which mean she was going to be her own problem soon enough. Ah well. There had to be a way to approach the situation that confined the conversation to someone she knew already.

"Petty Officer." The Romulan rarely spoke, but when she did it was usually in an ice-laden tone. This was no exception. It really wasn't personal, just nature. "While I appreciate that this situation is tense, lease control your language when greeting officers on duty." A silent moment passed, and Safefta begrudgingly turned her attention to Chloé. "You have come to the bridge at an inconvenient time. Apologies for... any ill impressions." Her face read of no such sense of apologetic nonsense, but she went for it anyway for the sake of formality.

"Thank you lieutenant, would you require any assistance?" She asked smiling at the woman who seemed to apologise for the young lad instead from him doing it himself. Chloé walked towards the tactical station as she waited for a reply and stopped a couple of feet from the station. Slightly surprised that she had made such a racket on the ship she decided her presence should be kept to the tactical area. 'I can tell why they say this ship is renowned.' She thought grinning and then waiting once again for a job.
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 9:43 pm

Safefta Pardek wrote:

[Bridge]

A small twinge at his lips was the only outward indicator of Conor's current state of irritation over just about everything that was happening on the bridge. Pardek had been right, however - he had pretty much just snapped at an ostensibly superior officer. "Of course, Lieutenant Pardek." He declined to add any further quip about the Romulan scrubbing his mouth with soap. She'd probably do it.

He turned to Lavigne, offering a winning smile. Conor decided not to say anything else, however. The Chief of Security was no more than a few meters from him. If there was anything to add, she'd do it. Instead, he elected to take his place again by the captain.
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 4:32 am

Quote :
"This is fine."

[Bridge]

Buris looked over at the Helm panel that Jiseth had just efficiently dismantled, and winced at the amount of fried technology, and the acrid smell of smoke that filled the bridge (a reminder that the air filtration was at emergency levels). He stood up from the duty chair and took a step closer, peering in as he too took a knee before the now-useless console. The smoke was still clearing, but it was obvious that there had been a lot of strain on the flight computer from that little jaunt across the Galaxy. And with the library computer compromised, they didn't even have a real fix on where they were, except that it was a trinary system (unsafe in its own right).

"Oh, it's just fine. Think we should go get out and push? Not that we know where we'd be headed anyway."

He ran a hand down his face and pulled out his tricorder after a moment's thought, keeping it closed and thinking as the Engineer came out in him. Right now, it didn't matter whether she was "Another Romulan" on the Bridge. She was at the Helm and they needed to get somewhere safe relatively soon. His expression was serious, a small change from the sarcasm he'd displayed moments before. "Back at the Academy, did you ever run the Christopher 2000 sim? Or have you flown one of the old Workbees, with the articulated arms?"

To mention an Earth-Romulan War vessel like the Christopher to Jiseth was probably less than sensitive, but it was what he needed to know - both of those devices didn't fly with modern control schemes - in fact, they flew with less instrumentation than his Tricorder would give her, but if she could handle it, they might be able to get to a safer place - a stable Lagrange point in this system at least. He opened his tricorder, scanning to see just how much damage was done. "I'm going to need a phaser, to pull the field inverter. I'm not sure how much you'll get out of it as we are, but I'm sure I can give you attitude thruster control. Please, spare the snide comments." This he directed sidelong at the Captain, but informally - it was part of his conversation with Jiseth, after all.

He had mostly ignored the kerfuffle of the new Tactical girl waltzing onto the Bridge... first they had one too few people, now it was one too many. Wasn't that dandy. So he just glanced up at Conor, trying to cut the man out of the Gordian situation he'd gotten into. "Petty, your phaser, please."

It wasn't the dismissive way other commissioned folk treated the man; but still. He was a PO3; Buris had only outranked him by one before being pulled up to Commission. So Buris was expecting the man to hand over his weapon without an argument, because without that phase inverter, there was no way to do a patch from the panel's ODN trunk to his tricorder... which would leave Petty Officer Terell down a phaser and him down a tricorder for the moment, but those were a dime a dozen and they had plenty to spare. Helm controls, on the other hand, were far rarer.
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 8:08 am

Kejal Buris wrote:

He had mostly ignored the kerfuffle of the new Tactical girl waltzing onto the Bridge... first they had one too few people, now it was one too many.  Wasn't that dandy.  So he just glanced up at Conor, trying to cut the man out of the Gordian situation he'd gotten into.  "Petty, your phaser, please."

It wasn't the dismissive way other commissioned folk treated the man; but still.  He was a PO3; Buris had only outranked him by one before being pulled up to Commission.  So Buris was expecting the man to hand over his weapon without an argument, because without that phase inverter, there was no way to do a patch from the panel's ODN trunk to his tricorder... which would leave Petty Officer Terell down a phaser and him down a tricorder for the moment, but those were a dime a dozen and they had plenty to spare.  Helm controls, on the other hand, were far rarer.

[Bridge]

Conor blinked a few times, taking in the exchange going on between the Romulan and the Bajoran. He knew of Jiseth by reputation only, and that reputation was far from stellar, so that already put her on his 'no trust' list. And then the Ops officer suddenly demanding he turn his weapon over?

"Negative, sir," was Conor's quick but curt reply. He stood at ease near the captain's chair, but his hazel-brown eyes betrayed nothing. "My sidearm is my own, and will not be handed over unless my CSO orders it so." Sure, it was probably dancing on the head of a pin, but Conor was irritated, and there was a chain of command, after all.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 9:59 am

Kejal Buris wrote:

"Oh, it's just fine.  Think we should go get out and push?  Not that we know where we'd be headed anyway."

He ran a hand down his face and pulled out his tricorder after a moment's thought, keeping it closed and thinking as the Engineer came out in him.  Right now, it didn't matter whether she was "Another Romulan" on the Bridge.  She was at the Helm and they needed to get somewhere safe relatively soon.  His expression was serious, a small change from the sarcasm he'd displayed moments before.  "Back at the Academy, did you ever run the Christopher 2000 sim?  Or have you flown one of the old Workbees, with the articulated arms?"

To mention an Earth-Romulan War vessel like the Christopher to Jiseth was probably less than sensitive, but it was what he needed to know - both of those devices didn't fly with modern control schemes - in fact, they flew with less instrumentation than his Tricorder would give her, but if she could handle it, they might be able to get to a safer place - a stable Lagrange point in this system at least.  He opened his tricorder, scanning to see just how much damage was done.  "I'm going to need a phaser, to pull the field inverter.  I'm not sure how much you'll get out of it as we are, but I'm sure I can give you attitude thruster control.  Please, spare the snide comments."  This he directed sidelong at the Captain, but informally - it was part of his conversation with Jiseth, after all.

[Bridge]

"...I have a pretty good idea where we are."

Jiseth kept here eyes on the view screen as she sat upright in her chair. The system itself was one of many billions that were without name or even identification though it reminded her of EZ Aquarii. Except for the fact those stars were a little over 11 light years from Sol and their current location was... many more than that. It would be easier to just point on the galactic map rather than give a number.

She would have to wait until the Vorta finished her work from the science station, but in her head she was looking at the relative positions of Andromeda, the Large Magellanic Cloud, and the Sagittarius Dwarf. The only place that fell within the proper angles was the Delta Quadrant. Least known. Least explored. Open for rent since the Borg went away with no sign of them coming around to get their deposit back. She was somewhat snapped out of her thoughts by the Bajoran's comments. From an Ensign no less.

Jiseth replied with silence.

Then came his request to spare snide comments after he had essentially made his own and all she cared to consider was how thoroughly she could give the man a colonoscopy with the workbee's highly articulated arms. Sliding out of her chair, she stood and moved to the far end displays of her helm controls so she could turn her back to Kejal. The manner in which the stars were positioned gave them a fair bit of chance to find a stable orbit. With minimal thruster input they would naturally fall into the L5 point within a few days.

With somewhat of a sigh, she hit her commbadge.

"Helm, to Sheerhan... Are the birds still safe in the nest?"

She could hear the channel open, but just mumbling and whispers came through.

"...Was that Jiseth?"

"The cadence and tone would imply it was."

"I don't have to respond, I don't take orders from prisoners."

"The Helm didn't give an order, simply inquired to the status of the shuttle craft. It could very well be someone else."

"It's not. I can hear you just fine. When you reply with uncertainty, it provokes Night Owl into responding. Which on an open channel leads to everyone hearing it. Which leads to me being annoyed."

"...Maybe if we don't respond, she'll just go away?"

"The shuttles shifted slightly and a few holding clamps broke. No damage otherwise."

"That's not going to make her-"

Jiseth stabbed her index finger into her commbadge and closed the channel. She stared blankly at the far bulkhead as if staring straight at Sheerhan and T'Mir. The latter was forgivable, but right now all the Romulan wanted to do was take a warm, bubbly jacuzzi bath in the former's blood. A glass of merlot would make a lovely pairing.

"M'Rai, come with me. We're going on an EVA to inspect the engines and thrusters."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 11:52 am

[Bridge]

As the chaos surrounding their impromptu voyage through the conduit started to turn into the only marginally more organised chaos of damage reports and teams. Archangel stayed quiet for a moment, taking the time to absorb all of the information being thrown her way in order to try to come up with a plan.

Her thoughts were disrupted by Kejal coming back to the bridge and giving his reasons for his tardy return and the measures he had taken while in Engineering. She jumped to her feet, rounding on the junior operations officer with fury sparking in her dark eyes.

"You did what? Of all the idiotic, foolish things to do!" She held up a hand to him, a silent gesture indicating that she didn't actually want an answer to that question. She had far greater things to worry about than the urge to kick his backside across the bridge.

Taking a deep breath, the young captain pinched the bridge of her nose, bringing her thoughts back to order and considering a plan of action. She was vaguely aware of Conor Terell coming to stand next to her, taking his place as her yeoman. She gave him a slight nod of confirmation as he refused to surrender his sidearm to Kejal, preferring him to keep a hold of it in the case that someone found their crippled vessel.

"Jiseth, your reunion with your flight crew is going to have to be postponed. I need you to pilot this ship into a quiet corner of space, possibly a planet we can set down on so that we can conduct repairs. I know you can fly the Phoenix without the computers to help you. Take all the time you need.
"Operations and Engineering, report to Commander Arthur for your assignments. I'm sure he's already working on a repair schedule.
"Security, keep as many eyes as you can on the surrounding space. I don't want any unwanted surprises. If you have anyone crosstrained in engineering or medical, send them out to lend a hand.
"Sciences, try to get the sensors back online. We don't want to be blind out here."

Sitting down in the captain's chair again, she let out a heavy sigh, resting her elbows on the arms of the chair and pressing her fingertips together, looking over them at the blank viewscreen, and the inhospitable Quadrant beyond it.

Mission End
Season End

If anyone wants to continue their character interactions, feel free to open a thread on the shore leave boards in order to do so!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5