Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run

Go down 
+11
Safefta Pardek
Persephone M'Rai
Leela Kaz
Conor Terell
Zero Alpha
Archangel T'Koris
Julia Rellek
Kintiss
Gabriel Arthur
Kejal Buris
T'Lara
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Reyaen 3
Cadet
Cadet

Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 11:36 pm

[Bridge]

As the turbolift door opened, a very confused Vorta plopped out onto her face. She quickly brought herself up on all fours and clambered her way over to the Ops station. The tremors of the ship made her movements more synonymous with seaside crustacean that took a nip of a beach-goer's tequila with grasping pincer hands to boot, trying to grasp something firm to hold on to.

She was still somewhat dazed from the impact to her nose and forehead, but luckily there was no blood and with any luck no shame since there seems to have been ample distractions. Like the view screen full of... she had no idea what. It felt as if the whole universe was imploding around them.

"C-Cadet Reyaen on station. Sensors are a mess... The ship is blind!"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 11:40 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Engineering]

Gabe made a noise that was somewhere between a groan and a growl as, once again, engineering went form 'zero' to 'full-blown panic' in milliseconds.  He'd barely had time to confirm via the bridge that, yes, there was a ship de-cloaking, and no, it didn't constitute an emergency.  

Then, of course, the real emergency hit.

"Looks like things just got a bit more academic," Gabriel shouted, dodging around the trouble table to the main display.  "Shunt power from the backups, everything but the most vital of systems.  This is an aperture, so...ideally...once we're through, we should be in one piece.  Mr. Kejal," he added, speaking as the called up commands, "if you're needed on the bridge, go ahead.  If not, make yourself busy."

"Aye sir." Leela focused on her work. During the last emergency her mind wondered, and it nearly cost her her life. "I've shunted everything to the shields and structural integrity. I have taken replicators, holodecks, transporters and science labs 2 through 9 offline and re-routed the power."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 11:51 pm

Jiseth wrote:

[Bridge]

"Impulse drives have spun to zero, not that they'll be of any use. We're passing through the bulk-the dimensions beyond our normal space. All we can do is enjoy the sights... and pray."

Right now Jiseth was not entirely sure there was an exit. Stuck in a forbidden realm accessible only through derelict Borg technologies. The Bajoran wormhole would be a welcome reprieve even if the other end lead to less than friendly stars.

Bracing her feet against the bottom of the console, Jiseth gripped the sides of her chair. It took a moment to realize that she was instinctively looking for an eject handle even though there was none to be had. Her training was kicking in and it belied the obvious fact: she was afraid.

Julia quickly moved across the bridge and found her position in her chair. Red alert had automatically been sounded. The feel of the bridge had shifted dramatically. Red lights flashed and the sirens seemed to fill the air and drown out Julia's thoughts. Just one normal mission... She thought. Then the continuation of the thought slipped out under her breathe. " That's all I ask." She adjusted her posture and attempted to portray composure through the tense situation. She tapped her communication panel.

=/\="Bridge to all hands, brace yourselves."=/\= As the ship felt to rock from side to side she feared the warning was too late.

"Captain, I recommend we evacuate the outer hull as a precaution. We have no way of knowing if our hull will exit this phenomena in tact!" She tried to talk normally but the alarms forced her voice to escalate in volume.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 8:27 am

Jiseth wrote:
"Impulse drives have spun to zero, not that they'll be of any use. We're passing through the bulk-the dimensions beyond our normal space. All we can do is enjoy the sights... and pray."

Reyaen 3 wrote:
"C-Cadet Reyaen on station. Sensors are a mess... The ship is blind!"

Julia Rellek wrote:
"Captain, I recommend we evacuate the outer hull as a precaution. We have no way of knowing if our hull will exit this phenomena in tact!" She tried to talk normally but the alarms forced her voice to escalate in volume.

[Bridge]

Archangel let out a swear in Romulan as Jiseth informed her that the engines were out. That was the last thing they needed while the conduit seemed to be determined to tear the ship apart. The debris that had been spotted by the conduit's aperture sprang to mind and it suddenly made sense as to why it was there, but she was determined not to let the Phoenix meet the same fate. The Vidiians had made it through, so there had to be some way of doing it.

"Keep trying, Jiseth," she said. "I'd rather not be completely at the mercy of this thing to get us through it."

The news from the operations station wasn't great either, but she was relieved to see that Cadet Reyaen had responded to the alerts far faster than Kejal had, even though she knew that a cadet wasn't supposed to hold down a station on their own during an alert. She cursed the Bajoran's name in her mind, slapping her commbadge, almost roaring down the comm line at him.

"T'Koris to Kejal, now ensign!"

As Julia spoke up, the young captain turned around, almost thrown off her feet by the shaking of the ship. Setting her face into a determined scowl, she ran the few paces back to the command centre of the bridge, almost flinging herself into the captain's chair before she could hit the deck.

"Acknowledged, Julia," she replied, hitting a switch on the arm of her chair to open a ship-wide communications channel. "All hands, evacuate the outer hull. I repeat, all hands, evacuate the outer hull!" Not for the first time, she was glad that the child care on board was nestled safely in the heart of the ship rather than toward the hull. She then looked to Cadet Reyaen. "Cadet, do we still have internal sensors?"
Back to top Go down
Reyaen 3
Cadet
Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 10:13 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
"All hands, evacuate the outer hull.  I repeat, all hands, evacuate the outer hull!"  Not for the first time, she was glad that the child care on board was nestled safely in the heart of the ship rather than toward the hull.  She then looked to Cadet Reyaen.  "Cadet, do we still have internal sensors?"

[Bridge]

Reyaen looked over her displays, many of which were flickering with static noise. The ships less vital systems were taking power from anything and everything to reinforce structural integrity, but as luck would have it the internal sensors were linked to damage control systems. If it were not for the chaos outside the ship, and the violent shaking and everyone worried about dying, it looked disturbingly mundane throughout the ship as far as functionality went.

"Yes, sir. All decks report green so far, no injuries reported yet."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 10:41 am

Kejal Buris wrote:

He glanced up at the main shield board and cursed in Bajoran as he started typing, trying to pull the shields back in line.  The gravity well and the transwarp slipstream weren't interacting well with them, but then again, the ship hadn't been under a warp field either.  "Commander, shield geometry is going unstable, attempting to compensate without blowing the damn relays!  I hope this is a quick ride, or it'll be a real short trip whether we like it or not!"

[Engineering]

Right now, Gabriel couldn't possibly have cared any less about wherever Ensign Kejal's proper duty assignment was. It could have been here, the bridge, or mopping no-tell motel floors on Risa. All that mattered was getting the Phoenix through whatever the hell was going on.

"Do what you have to do," he ordered, knowing that it was an incredibly wide field of options he'd just given the Bajoran free reign on, but getting hung up on procedure wasn't always the best idea in a time of crisis.

Leela Kaz wrote:
"Aye sir." Leela focused on her work. During the last emergency her mind wondered, and it nearly cost her her life. "I've shunted everything to the shields and structural integrity. I have taken replicators, holodecks, transporters and science labs 2 through 9 offline and re-routed the power."

"Good. I'm locking down the core," Gabriel replied, bringing up the security screens that would safely shunt away the main power source and keep it from being a danger to the ship...or from anyone who might possibly board them. Considering how last time went, it was a very real threat. Thankfully, being on yellow alert meant that the non-essentials and civilian component of the ship were already secured to quarters. He was thinking very specifically of two frightened little girls. "That should hold us until we ride this thing out."

=^="Engineering to bridge. We've put just about everything possible into the SIF and shielding. Core's shielded, hatches battened down as tight as we can get 'em. When the hell are we going to be out of this?"=^=
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 11:00 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
"Keep trying, Jiseth," she said.  "I'd rather not be completely at the mercy of this thing to get us through it."

How did La Forge describe it? Oh right, "like falling into a fast-moving river and being swept away by the current."

Jiseth kept her comment to herself though it did little to make her feel better about the situation. They would either be spat out or end up over a subspace waterfall to tumble into oblivion for all eternity. At this rate there was nothing to give her an idea of where or when they would appear.

A moment later she felt a jolt through her seat. The rumbling became less random and more steady, rhythmic almost. It was as if the ship had been put onto rails and was steaming along toward its destination. Rather than be pulled in many directions there was only forward. Then came what felt like being slung around a giant turn on a roller coaster as the stars began slow into fixed positions. For better or worse they were finally coming reaching the terminus.

Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 Tumblr_nkchquvptv1u97icho1_500

The Romulan lurched forward in her chair though she held on tightly to the sides of her chair. She took in a few short breaths before looking up to her display consoles. For a moment she could have sworn she dented the seat as her hands rose to the controls, still shaking however.

"...We're out."
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 10:13 pm

Quote :
"Do what you have to do," he ordered, knowing that it was an incredibly wide field of options he'd just given the Bajoran free reign on, but getting hung up on procedure wasn't always the best idea in a time of crisis.

True to someone forged in this kind of crucible, Buris barely nodded before starting to take action to pull the shields back in line. Thankfully, some bright spark had decided to cut back on the warp power output from the bridge, so with the backups that Leela had just given him, they had enough that he could put magnetic banding fields under the shields and hold them in place with the ship - the flutters weren't going to kill them and he was passing the panel back to an Engineer, in an effort to get back to the Bridge before someone killed him or brigged him. "Commander! I have magnetic banding fields in place aligned against our SIF generators, shield geometry is stable, and the relays are holding! I have the override code for the turbolifts, I'll head back to the Bridge now."

He stood up and the shaking eased. And then the voice he'd been expecting for several moments now came through. He was glad he was turned away from the rest of the crew, so they couldn't see his grimace.

Quote :
T'Koris to Kejal, now ensign!"

He tapped his commbadge quickly, still keeping a hand on the bulkhead. =/\="Aye, Captain. Turbolifts were shut down, and shield geometry went off-kilter for a second there."=/\=

He left it unsaid that it was exactly what he'd expected to happen, but they didn't have time to plan, so he had to stay down here until the crisis was resolved. He keyed in the Ops override code for the Turbolift, which took him to Deck 1, though it didn't let him out without the kind of warnings he'd learned to blow off as an engineer. The trip felt like it was taking entirely too long, and he wanted to have someone query the acceleration sensors in this unit. He took a note of the car number with his tricorder and snapped it shut as he felt the subtle bump that meant he'd reached his destination.

He stepped out onto the Bridge, and looked to see M'Rai and how stressed out she was - and to congratulate them for getting them through alive... only to see a third Romulan woman on the Bridge. Was this what had happened with that Warbird decloaking before they'd entered the aperture? Was this the woman the scuttlebutt said was treasonous to the Federation? If she was, why was she on the Bridge, running the helm position? Why was she wearing a Lieutenant J-Grade Starfleet uniform?

In very short, all that was going through Buris' mind was, 'what the hell is going on around here?'. But he maintained his professionalism, moving carefully along the walkway at the edge of the bridge, consciously not letting his hand go to his phaser. If everything was copascetic, great. But he suddenly felt a wave of great distrust for this Captain and her Romulan command crew. And somehow, he knew that they weren't in comm range of Aurora or Admiral Stark.

He glanced at the Cadet who'd been holding down his position, and from a quick glance he could see she was doing pretty much the same thing he'd be doing in the situation - pulling together damage reports. Unlike him, though, there was no itch in her fingers to actually go and fix anything. But he continued to walk past the Ready Room door, staying out of the range of the sensors.

He finally turned and walked toward the Ops station. "Reporting, Captain."

He glanced at the Cadet, more concerned with the job she'd done than who or what she was. "Cadet, pending Captain's discretion, you're relieved."

There was a tone in his voice, one they might actually realize as an unspoken 'nice job', at least as appreciation. While he might be an ass to some of the people on the Bridge, looking over a subordinate's work, he was at least honest that she'd done the same job he would have.
Back to top Go down
Reyaen 3
Cadet
Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 11:40 pm

Kejal Buris wrote:
He glanced at the Cadet, more concerned with the job she'd done than who or what she was. "Cadet, pending Captain's discretion, you're relieved."  

There was a tone in his voice, one they might actually realize as an unspoken 'nice job', at least as appreciation.  While he might be an ass to some of the people on the Bridge, looking over a subordinate's work, he was at least honest that she'd done the same job he would have.

[Bridge]

"Yes, sir."

Scooting out of the alcove the Ops station was nestled in, Reyaen kept her eyes from looking towards the Ensign and focused through the far bulkhead. She could tell in the corner of her vision that he was Bajoran. During the war her ship was far from Bajor, but reports came her way that they could fight well... For a spiritual people.

Once past him, her gaze shifted over to the Captain. There was not a real need to inquire as to what she should do next. Engineering had their hands full and stellar cartography certainly did now as well. Even so, her pace toward the turbolift was not the swiftest to give time for T'Koris to perhaps give an order.

Something popped in her head though as she sneaked in a look of the view screen. Completely unfamiliar territory with constellations that she had never seen before. None of them had seem them before. Slowly an old Human song, "Polyushka Polye", popped into her head and came an attempt to mimic it by humming to herself. The Vorta had little knowledge or appreciation for music though she found it helpful to understand if she wanted to better immerse herself with the other crew.

Devushki plachut,
[The girls are crying]
Devushkam segodnya grustno,
[The girls are sorrowful today]
Milyy nadolgo uyekhal,
[Their sweethearts went away for a long time]
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 9:59 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
=^="Engineering to bridge. We've put just about everything possible into the SIF and shielding. Core's shielded, hatches battened down as tight as we can get 'em. When the hell are we going to be out of this?"=^=

Jiseth wrote:
"...We're out."

[Bridge]

There was nothing that could stop the faint sigh of relief that escaped Archangel's lips as they reached the other side of the conduit and the ship had stayed in one piece, although she wasn't sure she wanted to know how long the damage reports were going to be.

"Engineering, this is the bridge. We're out of it now. Put together a damage report and an estimated repair schedule please." Turning her attention to the helm station, she felt some measure of relief that she had a pilot she knew and trusted sitting there.

"Thank you, Jiseth.  Start running diagnostics and coordinate with Engineering on a damage report."  Getting up from the captain's chair, she moved back over to the helm station, simply glad that the deck plates weren't shuddering under her boots.  Putting her hand on Jiseth's shoulder, she said in a quiet voice, for Romulan ears only: "I'm glad you're back."

Kejal Buris wrote:
He finally turned and walked toward the Ops station. "Reporting, Captain."

Finally hearing the Bajoran's voice behind her, Archangel's features took on a slightly harder cast.  So he had finally decided to turn up, had he?  Better late than never, she supposed, but that didn't make it any better.  She turned to face him, her arms clasped smartly behind her, noting that Reyaen seemed to be making a rapid exit, not that she could blame her.

Reyaen 3 wrote:
"Yes, sir."

Scooting out of the alcove the Ops station was nestled in, Reyaen kept her eyes from looking towards the Ensign and focused through the far bulkhead. She could tell in the corner of her vision that he was Bajoran. During the war her ship was far from Bajor, but reports came her way that they could fight well... For a spiritual people.

Once past him, her gaze shifted over to the Captain. There was not a real need to inquire as to what she should do next. Engineering had their hands full and stellar cartography certainly did now as well. Even so, her pace toward the turbolift was not the swiftest to give time for T'Koris to perhaps give an order.

"Cadet Reyaen, thank you for your assistance during the emergency," she said before the Vorta could leave the bridge, making a mental note to log her actions on her Academy record.  "I think you should log some bridge time," she added.  "Also, could you tell me where an officer is supposed to be when an alert sounds?"
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 11:51 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Engineering, this is the bridge.  We're out of it now.  Put together a damage report and an estimated repair schedule please."  Turning her attention to the helm station, she felt some measure of relief that she had a pilot she knew and trusted sitting there.

"Thank you, Jiseth.  Start running diagnostics and coordinate with Engineering on a damage report."  Getting up from the captain's chair, she moved back over to the helm station, simply glad that the deck plates weren't shuddering under her boots.  Putting her hand on Jiseth's shoulder, she said in a quiet voice, for Romulan ears only: "I'm glad you're back."

"Khnai'ra..."

The response to T'Koris was equally quiet and soft though she found herself a touch uncomfortable by the closeness. Two Romulans talking privately never appeared to be a good thing to outsiders or even other Romulans. Still, there was not the sudden shock of a stun stick or clubbing back of a disruptor.

Jiseth's screens displayed what she had hoped. None of the thrusters or engines burnt out. It seemed she could still make a good decision in a quick situation. The decks were still filling out their reports, but the automatic ones from the computer showed no damage to the hull. The sensors coming back to life showed a more troubling concern which she put up on the main viewer.

"...Nothing of note so far. Just a enough shaking to knock over a few furniture pieces. A tragedy that must never be forgotten. There is however, a rapidly spinning trinary system which partially caused the gravity shifts. We're approximately five hundred thousand kilometers from the smaller pair. Shields are holding."

Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 HD188753_orbit
Back to top Go down
Reyaen 3
Cadet
Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 12:12 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Cadet Reyaen, thank you for your assistance during the emergency," she said before the Vorta could leave the bridge, making a mental note to log her actions on her Academy record.  "I think you should log some bridge time," she added.  "Also, could you tell me where an officer is supposed to be when an alert sounds?"

[Bridge]

The Vorta froze for a moment and the chorus in her mind did as well. At first she thought it a trick question. The answer seemed far too obvious. Perhaps the ensign left his post without proper permission, but that she could only speculate. Then again, she had been routinely barraged by inane questions as a cadet. The subtle reminders of her abilities and previous record found few admirers, however.

"It was my duty and I would be happy to assist here, sir... As for an officer, they must be at their post when general quarters is sounded. Be it the bridge or other station, orders flow down the command structure and disruption in that leads to casualties."

The Starfleet structure confused her greatly. Why were there so many Ensigns? Or so many of any rank? On her ship, she was the Vorta and her Jem'Hadar were numbered. It was simple, orderly. Everyone knew their place and rank was earned, though usually due to the death of a superior. Technically, if the Fortieth were in the absolute rear compartment of an attack ship ramming another vessel, they would be field promoted to First as everyone else would be killed before them and could enjoy their rank privileges for roughly 0.05 seconds before they too exploded.

"May I continue working from the Science station, sir?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 3:20 pm

[Engineering]

Leela was still trying to grasp what had happened. The ship had made its way through the conduit. She moved to her console near the warp core and began to analyze the large quantities of data that the ship had collected. She could tell that they were entrenched in the delta quadrant and they had clearly survived their trip through the conduit, but it wasn't without scars. She brushed her hair back, out of her eyes. "Gabe, reports are coming in now. Significant damage along the outer hull." She tapped a few more buttons and her head fell into the palm of her hand. "And Gabe, the plasma injectors are fused. The EPS grid is down, we're not going anywhere soon."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela was still trying to grasp what had happened. The ship had made its way through the conduit. She moved to her console near the warp core and began to analyze the large quantities of data that the ship had collected. She could tell that they were entrenched in the delta quadrant and they had clearly survived their trip through the conduit, but it wasn't without scars. She brushed her hair back, out of her eyes. "Gabe, reports are coming in now. Significant damage along the outer hull." She tapped a few more buttons and her head fell into the palm of her hand. "And Gabe, the plasma injectors are fused. The EPS grid is down, we're not going anywhere soon."  

[Engineering]

"Reading them..." Gabriel replied, suppressing a sigh. Getting upset about things right now wasn't going to help any of them. "Yep, yep, and yep. Alright..." he said, turning to Leela, and the engineering bay at large. "I want repairs prioritized as red, yellow, and blue, in descending order of importance."

He tamped down the urge to sigh again, touching his commbadge. =^="Bridge, engineering here. We're performing full damage assessment. As for a timeline on those repairs? Best I have right now is...it'll be when it'll be. Think zen."=^=

Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 11:56 pm

[Bridge]

Julia looked around the bridge taking a moment to ensure that everything was in tact. She let out a deep sigh relief when she noticed that everyone seemed to be okay. There had been, however, one notable casualty. Julia's coffee had fallen from its perch near her chair and had been strewn across the deck plates. She let out a slight laughter, which she couldn't seem to contain. It was a particularly funny moment, but there was something about seeing that cup and new spot on the floor.

"Captain, it would appear we have one casualty." She pointed at her cup on the floor. "Let me call sickbay and make sure that is our only casualty."

She tapped her comm badge. =/\="Bridge to sickbay, Lieutenant Kintiss, casualty report please."=/\= She said holding back the impromptu laughter.
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 7:53 am

Julia Rellek wrote:
She tapped her comm badge. =/\="Bridge to sickbay, Lieutenant Kintiss, casualty report please."=/\= She said holding back the impromptu laughter.

[Sickbay]

The door to Sickbay had been wedged open to allow in a steady stream of injured crewmen. Thankfully, most of their injuries were minor. Cuts, bruises and broken bones were easier to mend than, say, a missing heart. Fortunately, nothing like that had happened yet. Even so, Kintiss had his hands full. He downed another Raktajino as he set about fixing a dislocated shoulder.

=/\="Only minor injuriessss, but there are a lot of them,"=/\= he replied. =/\="No fatalitiesss yet, but we've got our handssss full down here."=/\=
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Kintiss wrote:

[Sickbay]

The door to Sickbay had been wedged open to allow in a steady stream of injured crewmen. Thankfully, most of their injuries were minor. Cuts, bruises and broken bones were easier to mend than, say, a missing heart. Fortunately, nothing like that had happened yet. Even so, Kintiss had his hands full. He downed another Raktajino as he set about fixing a dislocated shoulder.

=/\="Only minor injuriessss, but there are a lot of them,"=/\= he replied. =/\="No fatalitiesss yet, but we've got our handssss full down here."=/\=

Julia's tone grew somber as she realized members of the crew had been injured in their trip through the conduit. She was, however, very confident in the abilities of the team in sickbay.

=/\="Acknowledged Lieutenant. Keep us apprised of the situation and let us know if you need any additional resources."=/\=
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 11:42 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Engineering]

"Reading them..." Gabriel replied, suppressing a sigh.  Getting upset about things right now wasn't going to help any of them.  "Yep, yep, and yep.  Alright..." he said, turning to Leela, and the engineering bay at large.  "I want repairs prioritized as red, yellow, and blue, in descending order of importance."

He tamped down the urge to sigh again, touching his commbadge.  =^="Bridge, engineering here.  We're performing full damage assessment.  As for a timeline on those repairs?  Best I have right now is...it'll be when it'll be.  Think zen."=^=

Leela chuckled at Gabe's conversation with the Bridge. As he spoke she began to analyze and prioritize their tasks. When he closed the channel he walked up and handed him a PADD.

"Here is a rough draft of a repair schedule for you to review." She passed him the PADD. "At least I avoided sickbay this time."
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 8:03 pm

[Bridge]

Buris was standing next to the Ops station when T'Koris tried to give him an embarrassing dressing-down.  However, he stood stoically next to the chair and station, biting his lip.  If he didn't, he was going to start really going off on this woman.  However, he took a breath, and reminded himself - the Cadet was still here.  The potentially treasonous Romulan bridge crew aside, there was a Starfleet Cadet here.  So he responded with as soft a voice as he could muster - probably not even carrying beyond the Captain herself.

"I went down to Engineering to resolve the shield issue with permission from Lieutenant Rellek.  By the time it would have been necessary or possible to return, the turbolift to Main Engineering was on automated security alert due to an enemy vessel decloaking outside.  And then, of course, we were sucked into the aperture, and the turbolifts were fully locked down to prevent casualties.  Had I attempted to return to the Bridge, I would have very likely been injured; and during uncontrolled transit, it's counter-regulation to either use site-to-site transport or turbolifts, because of the danger.  And I'm certain that you're not suggesting that a Starfleet officer violate Fleet regulation and put themselves in unnecessary danger, are you, Captain?"

He looked at her... again, he was toeing the line.  But specifying 'a Starfleet officer', rather than 'a member of your crew' was entirely intentional.  She relied on her Romulan crew heavily, and frankly Buris didn't trust them - and they probably didn't trust him either.

He chose not to sit, but turned to his station, tapping a few buttons.  Whether they got along or not, they were pretty well lost.  And with the EPS grid offline, it was only a matter of time before they ran out of air and gravity.  So regardless of personal issues, they each had a job to do if they didn't want to become so much space junk.  He took another breath, his voice returning to normal.  "Captain, thanks to restocking at Aurora, we have a full repair complement of plasma injectors, EPS conduit shielding, and ODN patch cable in Cargo Bay 3.  Systems along the outer hull are severely compromised, and both turboshafts and Jeffries' tubes are out of alignment between the main vessel and the Pod.  Deck E is completely dark on my screens, and decks A through D are having instabilities as well.  Thankfully, hitting the backup taps worked with the magnetic banding, so the shields held just long enough, we have stresses along the entire spaceframe but no breaches - the umbilical coming loose notwithstanding.  Deck 27 reporting in, life-support systems are fully operational, though like everything else, running on emergency power."

He thought for a moment, and actually sat down when he saw a piece of data come across his screen.  With the skill of a man who'd been doing this all his life, his hands flew over the board, cross-checking data.  He was doing everything he could not to curse as he confirmed it from every direction.  "Oh, no... Captain, more bad news.  The secondary computer core got hit with a massive power surge somewhere in there; I'm trying to check the error log now.  LCARS OS itself is online, and we have our active records... but I don't even know if it was writing between the cores when everything happened."

He looked up at her, sighing. "We need a team to go down there before we can do anything but basic physical repairs.  If we're lucky, we might be able to pull the isolinear platters out, put a new head-and-spindle on it, and be on our way.  If we aren't, well... EPS plasma could have slipped past any gap in the head.  And because of the Grid being down, internal sensors aren't functioning at capacity."

His expression had changed completely from when he'd been standing.  If she'd been paying any attention, she'd notice that there were two sides to him.  When there was no crisis, he was disagreeable and untrusting toward just about anyone - which meant, in this case, the crew of the Phoenix.  And then a crisis hit and something shifted.

He looked up at her. "Should I dispatch a team from Science department, Captain?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 12:00 am

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela chuckled at Gabe's conversation with the Bridge. As he spoke she began to analyze and prioritize their tasks. When he closed the channel he walked up and handed him a PADD.

"Here is a rough draft of a repair schedule for you to review." She passed him the PADD. "At least I avoided sickbay this time."

[Engineering]

"The sign of a good officer," Gabriel said, giving a smile that he didn't quite feel right now. "Always avoiding sickbay." Even the hollowest of smiles fell as he read what may as well have been a damned casualty report. "Goddamn," he muttered. "We got our teeth kicked in going through whatever...that...was." Once, just once, he'd like to cruise their extremely high-tech piece of Federation flag-waving hardware without everything blowing up. It was like the ship got a refit every two months.

He brought up several screens, shunting the full report up to the bridge. It was, of course, a work in progress. "I hope we don't try to go back through it again. The best thing we can do now is find a quiet corner of space and wait to get all these repairs done." Gabriel didn't know if any ships were in range to assist, but he assumed the bridge would handle all that. Arch had her job, he had his. It did bring him no small measure of pride, however, to hear reports starting to come back from the variously-dispatched repair teams, already beginning to work on priority jobs.
Back to top Go down
Chloé Lavigne
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 5:37 pm

Junior Officer shared quarters

Chloé had been running the night shift for a while, filling in for the master of arms who had been reassigned to a different fleet. The fleet had finally found a replacement for the man and Chloé was finally back to normal shifts. Putting down her cane onto her bed she stood up and straightened her uniform before exiting then walked for the turbolift. On the way to the bridge she thought about family back in Bordeaux. She was wondering how they were coping since only her parents lived their now, she was worried they'd grow lonely in their old age. Chloé entered the turbolift in a professional manner and proceeded to speak. "Bridge." The single word caused the turbolift to fire into action, taking her to her requested location.

Bridge

Walking onto the bridge, Chloé made her way towards the captain in the command chair. "Captain-" she said as she arrived at the captains chair. "Je suis Ensign Dr. Chloé Lavigne, reporting in." She said with her mix of French and English. She was waiting for the captain to question where she had been since she got assigned on the ship, she had been asked the same question by a few other people. "I have been running the night shift for the once vacant master of arms position."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 5:50 pm

Kejal Buris wrote:
"I went down to Engineering to resolve the shield issue with permission from Lieutenant Rellek.  By the time it would have been necessary or possible to return, the turbolift to Main Engineering was on automated security alert due to an enemy vessel decloaking outside.  And then, of course, we were sucked into the aperture, and the turbolifts were fully locked down to prevent casualties.  Had I attempted to return to the Bridge, I would have very likely been injured; and during uncontrolled transit, it's counter-regulation to either use site-to-site transport or turbolifts, because of the danger.  And I'm certain that you're not suggesting that a Starfleet officer violate Fleet regulation and put themselves in unnecessary danger, are you, Captain?"

[Bridge]

...Is that what I sound like?

Jiseth leaned her head back and turned it from side to side as her neck let out several small cracking noises. A rolling of her shoulders followed after she took a deep breath. The Genorex was not an enemy vessel though it might have turned into one if the Phoenix refused to take her aboard. Or they might have just beamed her into outer space and then been without a ship while being pulled into the aperture.

This coming from the guy whose race welcomed the Cardassians with open arms and then needed the Federation to supply arms to get them out of a jam. Except the jam was genocide. A semantic different to the Romulan. Or according to a Bajoran, an enemy. The First Officer once said similar things so she could not solely pin it on his species though it did prove that Bajorans were as equally worthless as Humans with scant exceptions.

Something distracted her from a scathing reply, however. After overhearing the damage reports from other stations she began to wonder why her console kept registering all green. Or updating with any different information. With a swift kick to the panel beneath the console, she bent over and pulled it aside. A cloud of noxious smoke escaped out and the sight of several fried router hubs came into view. So here they were, on the other side of the worst highway to nowhere, in a highly eccentric star system and now with the gift of a damaged flight computer.

"...This is fine."
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 10:19 pm

[Bridge]

Conor momentarily recalled the image of a bouncing racquetball, carooming off a gymnasium wall. It was certainly what his attention felt light, right now...

First off was the Bajoran, Kejal, and the ever-increasing mountain of tension building between him and the captain. While T'Koris had so far given Conor the cold shoulder, the fact remained that he was her yeoman, and a trained security officer to boot. He surreptitiously took a few steps closer to the man, ready to spring into action should it be required. Conor had, of course, studied the profiles of every bridge officer. Kejal was a fighter in the Resistance back in the Cardassian oppression, and would be a flinty and dangerous opponent. Conor had youth and firearms on his side, though.

Chloe Lavigne wrote:
Walking onto the bridge, Chloé made her way towards the captain in the command chair. "Captain-" she said as she arrived at the captains chair. "Je suis Ensign Dr. Chloé Lavigne, reporting in." She said with her mix of French and English. She was waiting for the captain to question where she had been since she got assigned on the ship, she had been asked the same question by a few other people. "I have been running the night shift for the once vacant master of arms position."

The doors to the bridge opened, and Conor's attention bounced once again. His hazel-brown eyes widened slightly as he didn't recognize the young woman at all. "Who...in the blue hell are you?" he blurted out, before adding a 'ma'am' at the end of it. Gotta just bite the bullet and get sponsored for OCS. Enough of this 'sir' and 'ma'am' crap for every random on the ship. "We're on red alert, Ensign. Where is your post?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 11:31 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Engineering]

"The sign of a good officer," Gabriel said, giving a smile that he didn't quite feel right now.  "Always avoiding sickbay."  Even the hollowest of smiles fell as he read what may as well have been a damned casualty report.  "Goddamn," he muttered.  "We got our teeth kicked in going through whatever...that...was."  Once, just once, he'd like to cruise their extremely high-tech piece of Federation flag-waving hardware without everything blowing up.  It was like the ship got a refit every two months.  

He brought up several screens, shunting the full report up to the bridge.  It was, of course, a work in progress. "I hope we don't try to go back through it again.  The best thing we can do now is find a quiet corner of space and wait to get all these repairs done."  Gabriel didn't know if any ships were in range to assist, but he assumed the bridge would handle all that.  Arch had her job, he had his.  It did bring him no small measure of pride, however, to hear reports starting to come back from the variously-dispatched repair teams, already beginning to work on priority jobs.  

"I always try to avoid sickbay. But, what can I say, sometimes Dr Zero gets lonely." Leela let out a raucous laugh at the prospect of Zero being lonely. It was well-known that the kind Doctor enjoyed her solitude.

She turned her attention to the work at hand. "There is no way we're going back throught that thing anytime soon. Well, unless we're feeling particularly suicidal. But I, for one, have a preference to go on living. We better convince T'Koris to find a cozy spot and setup home for a bit. I'll leave that in your capable hands, Gabe. Maybe you could convince her to land the ship somewhere. Repairs may be more easily, assuming we can bring the damned landing systems online." She turned back to her console and began analyzing the incoming data from the first repair teams. Then one last thought popped into her ever-turning mind. "And tell her your team requests a planet with a beach! And maybe some liquor..."
Back to top Go down
Chloé Lavigne
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 12:09 pm

Conor Terell wrote:
[Bridge]

Conor momentarily recalled the image of a bouncing racquetball, carooming off a gymnasium wall.  It was certainly what his attention felt light, right now...

First off was the Bajoran, Kejal, and the ever-increasing mountain of tension building between him and the captain.  While T'Koris had so far given Conor the cold shoulder, the fact remained that he was her yeoman, and a trained security officer to boot.  He surreptitiously took a few steps closer to the man, ready to spring into action should it be required.  Conor had, of course, studied the profiles of every bridge officer.  Kejal was a fighter in the Resistance back in the Cardassian oppression, and would be a flinty and dangerous opponent.  Conor had youth and firearms on his side, though.

The doors to the bridge opened, and Conor's attention bounced once again.  His hazel-brown eyes widened slightly as he didn't recognize the young woman at all.  "Who...in the blue hell are you?" he blurted out, before adding a 'ma'am' at the end of it.  Gotta just bite the bullet and get sponsored for OCS.  Enough of this 'sir' and 'ma'am' crap for every random on the ship.  "We're on red alert, Ensign.  Where is your post?"

Chloé looked over at the man who had shouted at her across the bridge. 'How rude.' she thought as she noticed the yellow uniform. "I have been filling in for the vacant master at arms position Mr..." Since Chloé was filling in since she had boarded she was new to the rest of the crew. She continued to speak despite not knowing his name. "I am a tactical officer, Dr. Chloé Lavigne. Do you need any assistance?" She asked. 'I'm  sure he will come back with a sarcastic comment.' She thought, smiling at the man anyway and hoping for the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run   Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 1 - Misison 11: Nowhere to Run
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next