Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread

Go down 
+15
Sigma Nu
Ilana Telak
Arlan Opran
Kejal Buris
Leela Kaz
Gabriel Arthur
Safefta Pardek
Conor Terell
Persephone M'Rai
Julia Rellek
Bradley Miller
Kintiss
Zero Alpha
Archangel T'Koris
Raynor Hughes
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission

Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 7:17 pm

Kintiss wrote:
"I'll do what I can," Kintiss replied. "Take a sssseat on a biobed. I'll be back in a moment." He headed for the replicator with his now-empty Raktajino mug and keyed the matter reclamator. The cup disappeared instantly in a bright swirl of energy, and he returned with a hypospray loaded with nanoprobes, dashing aside momentarily to grab a tricorder with which he could perform the scan she requested.

"When did you sssstart noticing your sssspeech wasss getting worsssse?" he asked as he prepped the hypospray and pressed it to her neck.

[Sickbay]

Nodding in acknowledgement, Ilana took a seat on the biobed, bringing her legs up to sit in an almost child-like position while she watched Kintiss gather the necessary instruments for her injection and scan.  As a general rule, doctors made the worst of patients and Ilana was generally no exception to that rule.  The only thing she regularly went to sickbay for was to get the doses of nanoprobes essential for her implant.

"A-about a w-w-week ago," she admitted, tilting her head to one side to give him a better angle to press the hypo into, rubbing at the sting once it had been injected.
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 7:55 pm

Quote :
"Lieutenant Epath," Archangel corrected, raising one eyebrow pointedly. She could accept that some habits died hard, but this was one that she was determined to make sure was broken.

He gave her a look, but sighed. "Lieutenant, then."

Quote :
"Barring any unforseen circumstances, that should be fine. We're only due to scout this area, not engage," she replied. "I suspect that Commander Arthur will attend or send Ensign Kaz in his place if he needs to stay in the engine room. Judging by the feel of the ship, they have a little problem with the inertial dampeners. Bringing M'Rai up shouldn't be a problem either. I suggest you might want to bring in Lieutenant Hughes as well. Are you considering anyone from Medical?"

Buris thought for a moment and leaned on one of the chairs.  "So I'm not the only one feeling that twitch.  I just thought maybe my inner-ear wasn't adapting well from the Starbase back to the ship.  They feel misaligned - I'll contact Commander Arthur and get some of the guys .  As far as the Medical staff, I'm not familiar with anyone down there except for Doctor Kintiss.  Is there someone you'd suggest?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 8:17 pm

Kejal Buris wrote:
Buris thought for a moment and leaned on one of the chairs.  "So I'm not the only one feeling that twitch.  I just thought maybe my inner-ear wasn't adapting well from the Starbase back to the ship.  They feel misaligned - I'll contact Commander Arthur and get some of the guys .  As far as the Medical staff, I'm not familiar with anyone down there except for Doctor Kintiss.  Is there someone you'd suggest?"

[Ready Room]

"You're in the unfortunate position of having a former engineer as your captain as well as your Chief Engineering Officer having been trained by that same captain," Archangel remarked with a slight smile. "I may not be as familiar with the engines of this ship as I was with the Discovery's, but some instincts won't die. No doubt Commander Arthur's already aware of the problem and working to correct it."

The question about who to recommend from Medical gave her pause for thought as she mentally ran through the list of personnel serving in the department. "Doctor Kintiss is, of course, and excellent officer. I would suggest Doctor Telak, but I think I can predict your response to that one. Doctor th'Zhela would also be worth considering. I would, however, avoid asking Doctor Alpha. She's still on light duties at the moment and already irritated about not having enough time in the labs. It all depends on the ultimate goal of this briefing."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 8:31 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Engineering]

Gabriel accepted the offered padd, nodding.  "Go ahead and run the analysis, then.  I want to know if we need to take the time to re-calibrate anything.  This ain't exactly the friendliest region of space to have a problem in."  Gabriel knew he could trust Kaz to track down whatever it was.  The Trill girl was his unofficial second-in-command down here...a title that he knew he needed to make official with a promotion soon.

[Engineering]

Leela nodded. "Sure thing Gabe." She looked down to the PADD and then back up. Her smile grew larger. This was just the type of challenge that she enjoyed. "Welcome to Engineering." She commented to Commander Miller as she stepped away to begin analyzing the diagnostic information. There was definitely something amiss with the dampeners and the resident trill was committee to finding it.
Back to top Go down
Bradley Miller
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 8:38 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
"Welcome to Engineering." She commented to Commander Miller as she stepped away to begin analyzing the diagnostic information.

"Thanks. I'm glad to be here." He said with his customary friendly smile and a deferent nod of his head. He would have invited additional conversation from the fellow Engineer, but it seemed as though she was busy and so he let things go for the moment.

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Turning back to Miller, Gabriel gave a slight smile.  "Been good.  Arch and I've been married for going on two years now...I don't suppose you've seen Seika lately, have you?"  Almost as if on cue, the little girl came wandering out of Gabriel's office, looking up curiously at the new arrival.  He knew that the last time Miller had been around, Seika had been in leg-braces from her injury aboard the Discovery.

"Hello, I'm Seika," she said in greeting.  "Do you think time-travel is real?  Could I come back in time to tell myself a secret?"

Bradley’s eyes went up in approval at the same time that his near-constant smile increased. “That’s good. I’m glad to see you two have worked out so well. And no, I can’t say that I have.”

Just as he finished speaking, the little one cautiously walked around him, looking up with her face that Bradley thought was far too adorable. Bradley’s own face softened, and he went down on one knee to be face to face with the young one. He’d always loved being around kids, having had plenty of babysitting jobs when he was a teenager, despite the fact that guys didn’t normally fill that role. For the most part, he’d be happy to report, the kids always liked him too.

“Well hi there Seika.” He said softly, before chuckling a bit in response to her question. “I do think time travel is real, but I don’t think it’d be a good idea to try it. It can be really dangerous, and I don’t think your parents would approve.”

Last edited by Bradley Miller on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding content)
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 8:50 pm

[Main Bridge]

Julia glanced around the bridge watching as the other officers interacted. Other than their slight issue with the inertial dampeners everything was relatively quiet. It was nice to see that Lieutenant Pardek and their young yeoman seemed to be striking up a professional relationship. The Romulan always seemed so distant. Perhaps she was finally going to let someone in.

With another slight buckle of the ship the grin disappeared from Julia's face. "Ensign M'Rai, do your best to compensate." She tapped her communicator. =/\="Bridge to Engineering. Commander Arthur, can you give me an ETA on these dampeners? The ride is starting to get a little shaky?"=/\=
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 11:04 am

Bradley Miller wrote:
“Well hi there Seika.” He said softly, before chuckling a bit in response to her question. “I do think time travel is real, but I don’t think it’d be a good idea to try it. It can be really dangerous, and I don’t think your parents would approve.”

[Engineering]

"No. I daresay we would not," Gabriel drawled, giving his little girl a lopsided smile. Understatement of the century, that. He and Archangel had had enough experience with time-traveling and time-travelers to last a dozen lifetimes. Even though, technically, it had been time-travel that had brought the two of them finally together. But that...that was a story for another time. Sure as hell not now.

Julia Rellek wrote:
=/\="Bridge to Engineering. Commander Arthur, can you give me an ETA on these dampeners? The ride is starting to get a little shaky?"=/\=

=^="Bridge, Arthur here. We're looking into it. Have Ops keep an eye on it topside, and we'll see what we can do. Engineering out."=^=

Turning to Seika, Gabriel knelt down. "Things are about to get busy here, lil' lady. I'm gonna need you to go with your sister. That means riding the transporter." Seika nodded, reaching up to kiss his cheek. "That's okay, daddy," she beamed. "The teachers need me to keep Arry from acting like a baby."

Once the proper call was made, Gabriel watched Seika de-materialize into the Family Life center, his commbadge beeping confirmation of her arrival. With a small sigh, Gabe turned back to Miller. Life with a family on a starship never got any easier.

"So. Since you're here, care to assist in some damper resurrection? Sounds like the knock is in calibration, so we might need to set the ship on backup while the mains re-jigger themselves."
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 11:40 am

[Ready Room]

Quote :
"You're in the unfortunate position of having a former engineer as your captain as well as your Chief Engineering Officer having been trained by that same captain," Archangel remarked with a slight smile. "I may not be as familiar with the engines of this ship as I was with the Discovery's, but some instincts won't die. No doubt Commander Arthur's already aware of the problem and working to correct it."

There was a first time for everything, even miracles. Buris couldn't help but find himself smiling back at the Captain and nodding. "Of all the 'unfortunate positions' that I've found myself in over the years, Captain, I'd take that one gladly - it certainly beats hanging upside-down over a clogged deuterium tank with a length of cable around my waist to support me and a hydrospanner. I'm certain the Engineering section is already working on it and hopefully making progress - but I believe it's a human saying, 'many hands make light work'. There are dampeners to be manually scanned in every section of the ship. If the automated systems were working, we wouldn't be having these errors."

Quote :
The question about who to recommend from Medical gave her pause for thought as she mentally ran through the list of personnel serving in the department. "Doctor Kintiss is, of course, and excellent officer. I would suggest Doctor Telak, but I think I can predict your response to that one. Doctor th'Zhela would also be worth considering. I would, however, avoid asking Doctor Alpha. She's still on light duties at the moment and already irritated about not having enough time in the labs. It all depends on the ultimate goal of this briefing."

"I just want to make sure everyone's on the same page, whether they're cross-assigned or not. One thing I've noticed since I came aboard that with the motley assortment that is the Ops section isn't working in sync well; I hope to fix that as time goes on. I also hope to work with some of the other sections and make sure that the shared areas of responsibility work together more efficiently over time. I'd also like to make sure that the Operations staff get a bit more respect among the crew regarding their duties - Ops is more than a 'fill-in-the-blanks' section. And... yes, you can predict the response to Telak well enough. As I said, I respect your orders regarding the past... but in all sincerity, I doubt it would be comfortable for either of us, knowing that I tried to kill her before. I think, in this case, Doctor Kintiss would be the best choice."
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 11:46 am

Safefta Pardek wrote:

Safefta was fairly certain that the appropriate response to his statement was 'none taken', but whether or not she could articulate that with an inflection appropriate for the scenario was another matter entirely, so she didn't bother. Overall, she chalked up the brief attempt at socializing to be a failure.

"Your father sounds to be of importance," she commented passively, visually scanning her side of the tactical panels. As if it had been waiting for Donor's words, the wayward blip she'd seen earlier was back, and this time, it was definite. "You seem to be very perceptive." Safefta's way of compliments were to state the rather obvious, if she gave them at all. She hoped it wouldn't be construed as sarcasm.

"That is a distress call. It is from that debris field, though I cannot pinpoint much else at this distance."

[Bridge]

Man of importance? Conor opened his mouth to say that, yes, Corman Stark was considered something of a hero of the Dominion War, but he stopped himself. Here he'd spent years keeping a safe distance from the Stark name. He wasn't about to go just blabbing around like a kid on the playground trying to convince everyone that his dad could beat up everyone else's.

Thankfully (well, at least for him, not so much for whoever was sending the signal), there was a distraction. Conor immediately slipped into 'work' mode, pushing the stray thoughts out of his mind to focus. "Captain's in meetings. Is it something we need to tell her about immediately?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 12:20 pm

Kejal Buris wrote:
There was a first time for everything, even miracles.  Buris couldn't help but find himself smiling back at the Captain and nodding. "Of all the 'unfortunate positions' that I've found myself in over the years, Captain, I'd take that one gladly - it certainly beats hanging upside-down over a clogged deuterium tank with a length of cable around my waist to support me and a hydrospanner.  I'm certain the Engineering section is already working on it and hopefully making progress - but I believe it's a human saying, 'many hands make light work'.  There are dampeners to be manually scanned in every section of the ship.  If the automated systems were working, we wouldn't be having these errors."

"I just want to make sure everyone's on the same page, whether they're cross-assigned or not.  One thing I've noticed since I came aboard that with the motley assortment that is the Ops section isn't working in sync well; I hope to fix that as time goes on.  I also hope to work with some of the other sections and make sure that the shared areas of responsibility work together more efficiently over time.  I'd also like to make sure that the Operations staff get a bit more respect among the crew regarding their duties - Ops is more than a 'fill-in-the-blanks' section.  And... yes, you can predict the response to Telak well enough.  As I said, I respect your orders regarding the past... but in all sincerity, I doubt it would be comfortable for either of us, knowing that I tried to kill her before.  I think, in this case, Doctor Kintiss would be the best choice."

[Ready Room]

Archangel nodded, a slight smile on her lips. There were many uncomfortable positions that all engineers found themselves in at some point or another. When the ship needs fixed, an engineer thinks nothing of dignity, only the repairs needed.

"I just sent down our guest engineer to lend a hand. Commander Arthur should have enough people down there, but by all means ask him. He'll know better what the man power situation is."

Her attention turned to his comment about how the operations department worked aboard the ship, one eyebrow rising slightly.

"Kejal, the first goal on this ship is trying to get everyone to work together in the best example of Starfleet personnel, preferably without them ripping each others throats out. Surely you've heard how the Federation news sees us? The Phoenix is Starfleet's proving ground, where all the misfits are sent to show that they can be valued personnel.

"Right now, the ship works, and I'd rather keep it that way. Try not to put too many backs up, all right?"
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 12:41 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Nodding in acknowledgement, Ilana took a seat on the biobed, bringing her legs up to sit in an almost child-like position while she watched Kintiss gather the necessary instruments for her injection and scan.  As a general rule, doctors made the worst of patients and Ilana was generally no exception to that rule.  The only thing she regularly went to sickbay for was to get the doses of nanoprobes essential for her implant.

"A-about a w-w-week ago," she admitted, tilting her head to one side to give him a better angle to press the hypo into, rubbing at the sting once it had been injected.

[Sickbay]

"And isss it causssing you any dissscomfort?" Kintiss asked as he gave her a quick scan with the medical tricorder. He freely admitted to himself that implants and biotech were not his area of expertise. He left things like that to the folks down in Engineering. Luckily for him, he'd never really had to work with them. It seemed he could avoid them no longer.
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 12:56 pm

Kintiss wrote:
"And isss it causssing you any dissscomfort?" Kintiss asked as he gave her a quick scan with the medical tricorder. He freely admitted to himself that implants and biotech were not his area of expertise. He left things like that to the folks down in Engineering. Luckily for him, he'd never really had to work with them. It seemed he could avoid them no longer.

[Sickbay]

Sitting patiently as the tricorder ran its scans, Ilana glanced down at the tool briefly before looking up at the doctor.

"Th-th-th-the u-usual h-h-headaches," she admitted. "M-m-maybe a l-l-little w-w-worse th-than n-n-normal." She really should have checked up on it earlier, especially given the problems there had been at its installation, but other things had kept getting in the way. Raynor would not be happy if he knew that she had been gambling with it again, assuming that it was simply a loose connection rather than the beginnings of another round of rejection.
Back to top Go down
Bradley Miller
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 2:30 pm

\"Gabriel Arthur” wrote:

[Engineering]
"No.  I daresay we would not," Gabriel drawled, giving his little girl a lopsided smile.  Understatement of the century, that.  He and Archangel had had enough experience with time-traveling and time-travelers to last a dozen lifetimes.  Even though, technically, it had been time-travel that had brought the two of them finally together.  But that...that was a story for another time.  Sure as hell not now.

=^="Bridge, Arthur here.  We're looking into it.  Have Ops keep an eye on it topside, and we'll see what we can do.  Engineering out."=^=

Turning to Seika, Gabriel knelt down.  "Things are about to get busy here, lil' lady.  I'm gonna need you to go with your sister.  That means riding the transporter."  Seika nodded, reaching up to kiss his cheek.  "That's okay, daddy," she beamed.  "The teachers need me to keep Arry from acting like a baby."  

Once the proper call was made, Gabriel watched Seika de-materialize into the Family Life center, his commbadge beeping confirmation of her arrival.  With a small sigh, Gabe turned back to Miller.  Life with a family on a starship never got any easier.

"So.  Since you're here, care to assist in some damper resurrection?  Sounds like the knock is in calibration, so we might need to set the ship on backup while the mains re-jigger themselves."

He really did have a way with words Bradley thought as Arthur described the situation to him.

With his usual friendly smile and a quick nod of his head: “Of course. I’d be happy to help. Where do you want me?”

Back in the day, Bradley had been Chief Engineer of two separate Starfleet vessels, granted his transfer had been because the captain of one of them had managed to blow the ship up, but that was all history now.

He’d even once been considered for a promotion into the command chain, although it had never actually happened.

Last edited by Bradley Miller on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formatting fix.)
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 8:49 pm

Arlan Opran wrote:
[Tactical Pod, Deck C, Torpedo Room]

Arlan wasn't sure that he liked being in charge around here, but his experience on the Phoenix's sister ship made him one of the better candidates, at least for half-shifts.  And now he was sitting in front of a rather boring panel which showed all-clear.  Still and all, the entire torpedo room had been complaining about strange vibrations and minor gravity changes.  He wasn't sure what it was, but decided to go ahead and ask Engineering anyway.

He tapped his commbadge. "Uh, Engineering, this is Ensign Opran in the Torpedo Room on Deck C.  Can you send someone up to the pod to check the umbilical connectors?  Some of us up here have been noticing some strange vibrations ever since we passed through that transwarp conduit.  Hate to be a pest on this one, but it'd make all of us up here feel a lot safer."

He sat and waited for the response.  Up here, it was really just a matter of maintenance and waiting - and then frenzied motion when the real fighting started.  They'd rarely get a call to fire from up here just for a debris field; phasers were far more effective at that than torpedoes.  As such, patience was expected, and vigilance necessary.

[Engineering]

Leela sat at her diagnostic panel to begin the analysis of the diagnostics they had run when she heard a chirp come through the engine rooms communication system. Following the chirp came a request for engineering assistance in the torpedoe room. "Acknowledged Ensign, we're kind of busy down here but I'll do my best to get someone to come and put your fears at ease. Engineering out." She tapped her panel and discontinued the communication. The first person she saw walk by happened to be ensign Larson. Leela pointed at her stopping he ring her tracks. "Larson, can you go to the torpedoe room and re-assure them that the ship isn't falling apart." She let out a slight chuckle as Larson grabbed her kit and left the engine room.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 8:55 pm

Safefta Pardek wrote:

[Bridge]

Safefta was fairly certain that the appropriate response to his statement was 'none taken', but whether or not she could articulate that with an inflection appropriate for the scenario was another matter entirely, so she didn't bother. Overall, she chalked up the brief attempt at socializing to be a failure.

"Your father sounds to be of importance," she commented passively, visually scanning her side of the tactical panels. As if it had been waiting for Donor's words, the wayward blip she'd seen earlier was back, and this time, it was definite. "You seem to be very perceptive." Safefta's way of compliments were to state the rather obvious, if she gave them at all. She hoped it wouldn't be construed as sarcasm.

"That is a distress call. It is from that debris field, though I cannot pinpoint much else at this distance."

[Bridge]

Julia's ears seemed to perk up as she heard the passing mention of a distress call. Perhaps these slight engine problems would be the least of their worries. She straightened her posture in the seat and set her coffee down as she glanced toward tactical.

"Lieutenant Pardek... Something to report?"
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 10:44 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

[Bridge]

Julia's ears seemed to perk up as she heard the passing mention of a distress call. Perhaps these slight engine problems would be the least of their worries. She straightened her posture in the seat and set her coffee down as she glanced toward tactical.

"Lieutenant Pardek... Something to report?"

[Bridge]

Safefta shook her head stiffly at Conor. "Negatory. Protocol would have this matter directed to the person currently in command of the bridge," she explained briefly. She'd irritated enough people before she'd learned that herself.

As if on cue, Julia turned her head and addressed her. Safefta raised her tone. "Affirmative. I am detecting a distress call in sector Beta Five of the debris field. We are currently at too great a distance to determine much beyond that."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 8:34 am

Bradley Miller wrote:

He really did have a way with words Bradley thought as Arthur described the situation to him.

With his usual friendly smile and a quick nod of his head: “Of course. I’d be happy to help. Where do you want me?”

Back in the day, Bradley had been Chief Engineer of two separate Starfleet vessels, granted his transfer had been because the captain of one of them had managed to blow the ship up, but that was all history now.

He’d even once been considered for a promotion into the command chain, although it had never actually happened.

[Engineering]

"You can come along with me," Gabriel replied, grinning slightly. "Consider yourself drafted." He quickly darted over toward the equipment lockers, tossing Miller an engineering vest. It was full of the various hand tools that someone in their line of work needed. He also scooped up a large toolkit, tapping his commbadge at the same time.

=^="Bridge, Engineering here. We're going to have the dampers running on their backup reserves for a brief time. The SIF and the contents of my innards would thank you not to attempt warp until everything's back online."=^=

Turning back to the room, Gabriel nodded at Leela. "Kaz, Engineering is yours. Field teams one and four, you're with us." Gabe passed out more instructions, sending various fire teams to generator locations, allowing the group to work as one. "Forward dampers for us," he said to Miller. "I don't much like being in this kind of space without full warp capability, so let's hit it."
Back to top Go down
Bradley Miller
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 10:35 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Engineering]
"You can come along with me," Gabriel replied, grinning slightly.  "Consider yourself drafted."  He quickly darted over toward the equipment lockers, tossing Miller an engineering vest.  It was full of the various hand tools that someone in their line of work needed.  He also scooped up a large toolkit, tapping his commbadge at the same time.

=^="Bridge, Engineering here.  We're going to have the dampers running on their backup reserves for a brief time.  The SIF and the contents of my innards would thank you not to attempt warp until everything's back online."=^=

Turning back to the room, Gabriel nodded at Leela.  "Kaz, Engineering is yours.  Field teams one and four, you're with us."  Gabe passed out more instructions, sending various fire teams to generator locations, allowing the group to work as one.  "Forward dampers for us," he said to Miller.  "I don't much like being in this kind of space without full warp capability, so let's hit it."

Bradley chuckled as Gabriel made the comment about him being drafted. “It’s an honor sir.” He said through a small fit of laughter.

He caught and quickly donned the Engineering vest that was more thrown to him than handed to him, and his hands immediately and subconsciously came to rest on their all too old and familiar standard places. One was on the Engineering tricorder, and the other had just its thumb tucked inside the left pocket of the vest, which contained three or four tools that may come in handy later on.

As Bradley watched Gabriel orchestrate the Engine room, he couldn’t help but admire how well the fellow Engineer did his job, knowing that he also maintained a near-constant rate of intense humor as well.

So she’s the second in command … or at least the highest in command that’s in the room. Bradley thought, as Gabriel instructed Kaz to take over in his absence.

Bradley did indeed miss being on a starship and in control of his own engine room, but at the very least he was able to enjoy being a part of the action for the time being. As Gabriel approached him and their squad began to move, Bradley followed.

“Sir yes sir.”
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 11:07 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
Sitting patiently as the tricorder ran its scans, Ilana glanced down at the tool briefly before looking up at the doctor.  

"Th-th-th-the u-usual h-h-headaches," she admitted.  "M-m-maybe a l-l-little w-w-worse th-than n-n-normal."  She really should have checked up on it earlier, especially given the problems there had been at its installation, but other things had kept getting in the way.  Raynor would not be happy if he knew that she had been gambling with it again, assuming that it was simply a loose connection rather than the beginnings of another round of rejection.

[Sickbay]

Setting aside the tricorder, Kintiss noted Telak's symptoms on a PADD.

"Well, you ssssit tight, and I'll have ssssomeone up asss sssoon asss possssible," he said, hoping that there was someone...anyone...in Engineering that had knowledge of implants and how to fix them, since his own knowledge of them was sorely lacking in several areas. Namely, all of them.

=/\="Ssssickbay to Engineering, I need ssssomeone with expertissse on bio-implantssss for conssssultation purpossssesss." =/\=
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 12:03 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
=^="Bridge, Engineering here. We're going to have the dampers running on their backup reserves for a brief time. The SIF and the contents of my innards would thank you not to attempt warp until everything's back online."=^=

Julia sighed. The timing couldn't have been worse. =/\="Acknowledged Commander. Lets get it back as soon as possible please. Use whatever resources you need."=/\=

Safefta Pardek wrote:

[Bridge]

Safefta shook her head stiffly at Conor. "Negatory. Protocol would have this matter directed to the person currently in command of the bridge," she explained briefly. She'd irritated enough people before she'd learned that herself.

As if on cue, Julia turned her head and addressed her. Safefta raised her tone. "Affirmative. I am detecting a distress call in sector Beta Five of the debris field. We are currently at too great a distance to determine much beyond that."

[Bridge]

Julia nodded as Lieutenant Pardek gave an overview her report. "Thank you Lieutenant." She confirmed. "Ensign M'Rai, tap into the sensors and set a course for that distress call. Engage at maximum impulse when ready. We'll go to warp as soon as engineering gives us the all clear. Ensign Pardek, keep and eye on that distress signal. See if you can get additional data as we get closer. I'll get the captain."

Julia tapped her communicator. =/\="Bridge to ready room. Captain, I hate to bother you but we could use your presence on the bridge. And Lieutenant Kejal should join us as well."=/\=
Back to top Go down
Persephone M'Rai
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 12:45 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
Julia sighed. The timing couldn't have been worse. =/\="Acknowledged Commander. Lets get it back as soon as possible please. Use whatever resources you need."=/\=

Julia nodded as Lieutenant Pardek gave an overview her report. "Thank you Lieutenant." She confirmed. "Ensign M'Rai, tap into the sensors and set a course for that distress call. Engage at maximum impulse when ready. We'll go to warp as soon as engineering gives us the all clear. Ensign Pardek, keep and eye on that distress signal. See if you can get additional data as we get closer. I'll get the captain."

Julia tapped her communicator. =/\="Bridge to ready room. Captain, I hate to bother you but we could use your presence on the bridge. And Lieutenant Kejal should join us as well."=/\=

[Bridge]

Persephone had been listening in on the conversation between Julia and security while keeping an eye on her console. The ship was definitely being a little tempermental in her handling, but it was well within her control to compensate for the time being. With any luck, the Engineering department would be able to track down the problem with the dampeners sooner rather than later, before half the ship had to report to sickbay for space sickness shots.

"Acknowledged, Commanderrrrr," the Caitian replied, plotting a course in the direction of the Beta Five sector. "Courrrse laid in and engaged. Estimated time of arrrrrrival, forrrrrty minutes at maximum impulse."
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 2:15 pm

Kintiss wrote:

[Sickbay]

Setting aside the tricorder, Kintiss noted Telak's symptoms on a PADD.

"Well, you ssssit tight, and I'll have ssssomeone up asss sssoon asss possssible," he said, hoping that there was someone...anyone...in Engineering that had knowledge of implants and how to fix them, since his own knowledge of them was sorely lacking in several areas. Namely, all of them.

=/\="Ssssickbay to Engineering, I need ssssomeone with expertissse on bio-implantssss for conssssultation purpossssesss." =/\=

[Engineering]

With their recent transfer to the Operations department, Sigma had found that the vast majority of their activities were now separate from the little group of Engineers that they'd gotten to know, forcing them to etch outnew friendships as soon as possible. That wasn't going to be too hard. What was an unknown factor was the exact nature of the higher up Ops person they'd heard rumors about.

Bajoran... Former resistance in a conflict Sigma had been little more than a baby for. Theyd noticed that such things made people act differently... But they hardly had time to worry about all that.

They were in the middle of tuning up an EPS conduit on their daily maintence run when the call came in for a bio-implant specialist. The cybernetically enhanced Deltan practically whooped for joy. Such things were their specialty-- and not because they were practically more machine than person in some respects.

"Heyyyy crewman," Sigma said to a nearby working Andorian. "Take over my job here? I've got to go up to sickbay." The quiet woman nodded her approval and Sigma was off.

[Sickbay]

Toolkits weren't as necessary when your hands had tool attachments to your fingers, but Sigma brought one anyway. They didn't know what this consultation was about, but figured that they'd better be prepared for anything.

Their face split into a wide grin when they saw Telak next to Kintiss. "My two favourite doctors!" They exclaimed. To be fair, they were the only two they'd met yet, bu it was the thought that counted. "What can I do you for?"

Back to top Go down
Jaden Terak
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Jaden stood at a tactical station, having only just arrived onboard before the ship set course, being just one of the officers keeping an eye on the sensors for any signs of trouble. He noticed his spots were itching slightly, but shrugged it off as being something very minor, though he couldn't help but scratch a few times and he wondered if it was obvious to the other crew members.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:16 pm

Sigma Nu wrote:
Toolkits weren't as necessary when your hands had tool attachments to your fingers, but Sigma brought one anyway. They didn't know what this consultation was about, but figured that they'd better be prepared for anything.

Their face split into a wide grin when they saw Telak next to Kintiss. "My two favourite doctors!" They exclaimed. To be fair, they were the only two they'd met yet, bu it was the thought that counted. "What can I do you for?"

[Sickbay]

Although she stayed sat on the biobed as Kintiss had told her to, Ilana couldn't help but fidget. This wasn't where she wanted to be, a patient. She was supposed to be on the other side of the relationship, helping her patients and getting on with her research projects.

Thankfully, a yellow-shirted crewmember arrived quickly. The young Cardassian offered them a faint smile, recognising Sigma from the operations department, another transfer from the Athena. It made sense that they would send the Deltan down. After all, Sigma was pretty much half and half when it came to organic parts and biotechnology.

"H-h-h-hello, S-S-Sigma," she replied to their greeting. "I've b-b-b-been h-h-having p-p-problems w-w-with m-m-my implant. M-m-my s-s-speech h-has b-b-been d-d-degenerating."
Back to top Go down
Mira

Mira

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:53 pm

Jaden Terak wrote:
Jaden stood at a tactical station, having only just arrived onboard before the ship set course, being just one of the officers keeping an eye on the sensors for any signs of trouble. He noticed his spots were itching slightly, but shrugged it off as being something very minor, though he couldn't help but scratch a few times and he wondered if it was obvious to the other crew members.

[Bridge]

Seeing their new tactical officer standing at the console while the Chief dealt with passing around information about the distress call they had picked up, Mira stepped up to the newcomer, offering him a smile.

"First shift?" she asked. "I'm Mira, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread   Season 2, Mission 2:  Ariadne and Her Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 2, Mission 2: Ariadne and Her Thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next