Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Search for Better Times

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Search for Better Times - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 7:46 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"It's very simple, Mr Arthur, we want you to talk her round to our point of view," Ikelos purred.  "Make her see that we're all working on the same side.  It saves us a lot of trouble and cleaning up."  He smiled at Gabriel, waiting to see what his reaction would be.  

"I...I see," Gabriel muttered, pressing his fingertips to his temples, feeling a pounding in there that was directly behind his eyes. "Let me ask you one thing, though...'Ikelos', is it? Let me ask you...do you all not know your agents well, or something?" He shook his head, pacing a little bit. "Have you ever tried to 'make her see' anything? I doubt it."

Tapping his lower lip, Gabriel smiled humorlessly. "I want you people out of our lives. I want you to find another puppet. I want you to die and go to hell. But...those things are out of my hands. I can tell you one thing, though...I won't be party to this brainwashing you're doing to her. And don't tell me about my duty to the Federation and the greater good and all that horseshit. You people do this because you get off on it, plain and simple. The secrets, the sanctioned murder, the black leather...all of it."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 7:54 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"I...I see," Gabriel muttered, pressing his fingertips to his temples, feeling a pounding in there that was directly behind his eyes.  "Let me ask you one thing, though...'Ikelos', is it?  Let me ask you...do you all not know your agents well, or something?"  He shook his head, pacing a little bit.  "Have you ever tried to 'make her see' anything?  I doubt it."

Tapping his lower lip, Gabriel smiled humorlessly.  "I want you people out of our lives.  I want you to find another puppet.  I want you to die and go to hell.  But...those things are out of my hands.  I can tell you one thing, though...I won't be party to this brainwashing you're doing to her.  And don't tell me about my duty to the Federation and the greater good and all that horseshit.  You people do this because you get off on it, plain and simple.  The secrets, the sanctioned murder, the black leather...all of it."

Had Ikelos not been S31 trained, a flash of anger might have been seen across his face. However, he simply straightened his uniform.

"I don't think you've quite grasped this situation, Mr Arthur," he said smoothly. "You see, no one leaves our little organisation. No one retires either. The only way out is to die. Let me put this another way. Unless we can bring Nemesis to heel, my superiors might just have to cut their losses with her and stage a little accident." His eyes took on a glint of enjoyment. "And we would make sure to tell her how you failed to save her life just before she dies."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Had Ikelos not been S31 trained, a flash of anger might have been seen across his face.  However, he simply straightened his uniform.

"I don't think you've quite grasped this situation, Mr Arthur," he said smoothly.  "You see, no one leaves our little organisation.  No one retires either.  The only way out is to die.  Let me put this another way.  Unless we can bring Nemesis to heel, my superiors might just have to cut their losses with her and stage a little accident."  His eyes took on a glint of enjoyment.  "And we would make sure to tell her how you failed to save her life just before she dies."

"And...there you go again," Gabriel said, sadly shaking his head. "That whole 'getting off on the power' thing. Don't stand any closer to me, or I'll make you buy me dinner, first." He sighed, a tired sound that utterly belied his glib tone. That tone changed to one much more darkly serious. "Tell her what you want, Ikelos. It wouldn't be nearly as painful for her as hearing that her own husband had worked against her. I don't think there's enough 'greater good' lies in the galaxy to counter that."

Gabe wasn't sure if Archangel remembered everything she experienced as Nemesis or not. She certainly remembered most of when Tre'el had tortured her, though...and that had been as Nemesis. "She knew the consequences when she got in bed with you snakes. And she'll deal with them as they come. We'll deal with them. The answer is no, Ikelos. I will not work against my wife."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 8:21 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"And...there you go again," Gabriel said, sadly shaking his head.  "That whole 'getting off on the power' thing.  Don't stand any closer to me, or I'll make you buy me dinner, first."  He sighed, a tired sound that utterly belied his glib tone.  That tone changed to one much more darkly serious.  "Tell her what you want, Ikelos.  It wouldn't be nearly as painful for her as hearing that her own husband had worked against her.  I don't think there's enough 'greater good' lies in the galaxy to counter that."

Gabe wasn't sure if Archangel remembered everything she experienced as Nemesis or not.  She certainly remembered most of when Tre'el had tortured her, though...and that had been as Nemesis.  "She knew the consequences when she got in bed with you snakes.  And she'll deal with them as they come.  We'll deal with them.  The answer is no, Ikelos.  I will not work against my wife."

Ikelos sighed softly. Apparently, working with Gabriel Arthur wasn't going to be as easy as he thought it would be. That was fortunate. He enjoyed twisting people around to his point of view, the more twisted the better. He turned to Nemesis, who had been staring at the grey floor.

"Well, Nemesis, it would seem that husband doesn't care enough to help you out. Section 31 no longer has any need for your services." He unsheathed a knife from his sleeve, handing it to her hilt first. "You know what that means."

Looking at the knife, Nemesis took it, closing her eyes. Without Gabriel, Nemesis didn't have anything to live for, that much she knew. The tip of the knife rested against her side, where her heartbeat was strongest.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 10:00 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Ikelos sighed softly.  Apparently, working with Gabriel Arthur wasn't going to be as easy as he thought it would be.  That was fortunate.  He enjoyed twisting people around to his point of view, the more twisted the better.  He turned to Nemesis, who had been staring at the grey floor.  

"Well, Nemesis, it would seem that husband doesn't care enough to help you out.  Section 31 no longer has any need for your services."  He unsheathed a knife from his sleeve, handing it to her hilt first.  "You know what that means."

Looking at the knife, Nemesis took it, closing her eyes.  Without Gabriel, Nemesis didn't have anything to live for, that much she knew.  The tip of the knife rested against her side, where her heartbeat was strongest.

Gabriel didn't like the sound of that, not one damn bit. Fortunately, he was fairly close when Ikelos started ordering Arch to take the knife to herself. What kind of game was the man playing? He'd just gotten through talking about how 31 didn't like to kill operatives, and then he hands her a knife in Nemesis-mode?

He didn't waste time shouting out, yelling 'noo' or anything like that. No. It was just time for action. Though Arch was definitely his superior in hand-to-hand, he'd been trained in both Federation basic and Vulcan martial arts, and wasn't a slouch. Reaching out, Gabriel struck, intending to swerve the knife away from her body. He winced as his hand made contact with the blade, feeling it cut into his fingers.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 10:35 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabriel didn't like the sound of that, not one damn bit.  Fortunately, he was fairly close when Ikelos started ordering Arch to take the knife to herself.  What kind of game was the man playing?  He'd just gotten through talking about how 31 didn't like to kill operatives, and then he hands her a knife in Nemesis-mode?

He didn't waste time shouting out, yelling 'noo' or anything like that.  No.  It was just time for action.  Though Arch was definitely his superior in hand-to-hand, he'd been trained in both Federation basic and Vulcan martial arts, and wasn't a slouch.  Reaching out, Gabriel struck, intending to swerve the knife away from her body.  He winced as his hand made contact with the blade, feeling it cut into his fingers.

Ikelos was amused by this human's attempts to save his wife. The knife, kept keenly sharp, hadn't needed much encouragement to slide a couple of centimetres into Nemesis' side. As Gabriel leapt for it, Ikelos raised his voice to issue a sharp command in Romulan:

"Kroiha!"

Nemesis froze and looked down at Gabriel, at how close he was, but there was only a deep sorrow in her eyes, partially veiled by the cold steel of the facade she wore.

Ikelos clasped his hands behind his back, smirking. "You see, Mr Arthur, Nemesis learned the hard way that obedience is everything. We would like for Archangel to learn the easy way, and that, unfortunatly, requires your assistance."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 11:03 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Ikelos was amused by this human's attempts to save his wife.  The knife, kept keenly sharp, hadn't needed much encouragement to slide a couple of centimetres into Nemesis' side.  As Gabriel leapt for it, Ikelos raised his voice to issue a sharp command in Romulan:

"Kroiha!"

Nemesis froze and looked down at Gabriel, at how close he was, but there was only a deep sorrow in her eyes, partially veiled by the cold steel of the facade she wore.  

Ikelos clasped his hands behind his back, smirking.  "You see, Mr Arthur, Nemesis learned the hard way that obedience is everything.  We would like for Archangel to learn the easy way, and that, unfortunatly, requires your assistance."

Holding his bleeding hand, Gabriel glared pure and icy death at the man. A day would come when this smug garbage wouldn't hold the upper hand. And on that day, Gabriel would not hesitate to end the threat to his wife. It was the right thing to do.

But...not today. "You've made your point. As I trust I've made mine. What you people did to her is deplorable, and something you can't even pretend that was within your 'greater good' directive. You created this Nemesis persona, something you can wake up and command to sleep at will. That's the mess you created. The deal you made...that Archangel and Nemesis would be two separate entities. I don't like it, and I swear on my breath that I'll find a way to remove it, one day. But I'll be god damned if I help you in this. Now...send us back and get the hell out of here."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 11:20 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Holding his bleeding hand, Gabriel glared pure and icy death at the man.  A day would come when this smug garbage wouldn't hold the upper hand.  And on that day, Gabriel would not hesitate to end the threat to his wife.  It was the right thing to do.

But...not today.  "You've made your point.  As I trust I've made mine.  What you people did to her is deplorable, and something you can't even pretend that was within your 'greater good' directive.  You created this Nemesis persona, something you can wake up and command to sleep at will.  That's the mess you created.  The deal you made...that Archangel and Nemesis would be two separate entities.  I don't like it, and I swear on my breath that I'll find a way to remove it, one day.  But I'll be god damned if I help you in this.  Now...send us back and get the hell out of here."

Ah, defiance. They all showed it to begin with, but they all learned in the end that defiance was punished. Obediance was the only thing that ruled in Section 31.

"Mr Arthur, you seem to be acting under the delusion that we created Nemesis, but that is a lie. We gave her a name, yes, and certain stresses allowed her to schism from Archangel's primary psychological profile to create a second, but Nemesis wasn't our creation. That was all Archangel's doing. All the dirty little secrets she didn't want anyone to know about, all the things she hid away from the world..." Ikelos was smirking now. "Sovereign certainly did a good job on this operative. I've seen the holographic recordings of her debriefing after the little incident on Romulus. Such a shame she had to do it the hard way, but Sovereign does so love it when they fight."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 11:50 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Ah, defiance.  They all showed it to begin with, but they all learned in the end that defiance was punished.  Obediance was the only thing that ruled in Section 31.

"Mr Arthur, you seem to be acting under the delusion that we created Nemesis, but that is a lie.  We gave her a name, yes, and certain stresses allowed her to schism from Archangel's primary psychological profile to create a second, but Nemesis wasn't our creation.  That was all Archangel's doing.  All the dirty little secrets she didn't want anyone to know about, all the things she hid away from the world..."  Ikelos was smirking now.  "Sovereign certainly did a good job on this operative.  I've seen the holographic recordings of her debriefing after the little incident on Romulus.  Such a shame she had to do it the hard way, but Sovereign does so love it when they fight."

Sovereign's a dead man walking, too, Gabriel thought, his expression staying dark as night. He knew all about what that Cardassian bastard did to his wife, though he was also sure that she'd left out some of the details when she'd told him about it.

"I'm not here to play words with you. Can you dance on the head of a pin, as well?" Gabriel snarled at the man, shaking his head. "She did what she had to do, and you made her do it. You have what you want from her, but you're getting greedy. You're tipping your hand, going to the damn well once too often. Now." Gabe crossed his arms, blood still dripping down his side. "We're done here."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 11:58 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Sovereign's a dead man walking, too, Gabriel thought, his expression staying dark as night.  He knew all about what that Cardassian bastard did to his wife, though he was also sure that she'd left out some of the details when she'd told him about it.  

"I'm not here to play words with you.  Can you dance on the head of a pin, as well?"  Gabriel snarled at the man, shaking his head.  "She did what she had to do, and you made her do it.  You have what you want from her, but you're getting greedy.  You're tipping your hand, going to the damn well once too often.  Now."  Gabe crossed his arms, blood still dripping down his side.  "We're done here."

"Once again, you are mistaken, Mr Arthur," Ikelos replied. "We have complete control over Nemesis, that much is true. Fear and belief are such powerful tools when wielded correctly, but in order for her to be of any use to us, my superiors require that she submits to us as Archangel as well. While we have far harsher means of ensuring that submission, it would be so much easier on everyone if you simply helped us." He stepped around Nemesis, taking the knife from her unresisting hand and wiping the mix of green and red blood on his sleeve before sheathing the weapon again.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 1:31 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Once again, you are mistaken, Mr Arthur," Ikelos replied.  "We have complete control over Nemesis, that much is true.  Fear and belief are such powerful tools when wielded correctly, but in order for her to be of any use to us, my superiors require that she submits to us as Archangel as well.  While we have far harsher means of ensuring that submission, it would be so much easier on everyone if you simply helped us."  He stepped around Nemesis, taking the knife from her unresisting hand and wiping the mix of green and red blood on his sleeve before sheathing the weapon again.

Gabriel still kept his expression lifeless and cold, looking almost to match the one his wife wore. "I'm sure it would be much easier for you. I'm not going to be party to this. You people have your Nemesis. You leave Archangel out of it. Yell, scream, cry, threaten all you want. I will not be your collaborator."

Stepping up close to the man, Gabriel stared him in the face. "So either do one of two things - kill me now for my insolence, or let us go."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 1:41 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabriel still kept his expression lifeless and cold, looking almost to match the one his wife wore.  "I'm sure it would be much easier for you.  I'm not going to be party to this.  You people have your Nemesis.  You leave Archangel out of it.  Yell, scream, cry, threaten all you want.  I will not be your collaborator."  

Stepping up close to the man, Gabriel stared him in the face.  "So either do one of two things - kill me now for my insolence, or let us go."

"As you wish, Mr Arthur, you may return to your ship," Ikelos sighed with a wave of his hand. "Nemesis is due for an assessment, so she will remain here for the time being." Reaching up to his neck, the operative tapped out a series of code, signalling to his colleagues to beam Gabriel out of the room and back to his quarters.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 2:01 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"As you wish, Mr Arthur, you may return to your ship," Ikelos sighed with a wave of his hand.  "Nemesis is due for an assessment, so she will remain here for the time being."  Reaching up to his neck, the operative tapped out a series of code, signalling to his colleagues to beam Gabriel out of the room and back to his quarters.  

Gabriel's first instinct was to grasp on to Archangel as the transport took effect, taking her with him. However, he stopped at the last second, realizing that he didn't know how to shut off the Nemesis persona. How could he take her back to the ship, back to their babies, as a cold-hearted S31 monster?

And so he silently allowed himself to be sent back.

[Quarters]

Their quarters were quiet, as lifeless as his heart and soul felt. It was quite fitting. Gabriel deactivated the holositter, quietly slipping into the girls' room. They were still asleep, thankfully. After watching them sleep for a few moments, he went off to find a dermal regenerator from the first aid kid.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 2:22 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabriel's first instinct was to grasp on to Archangel as the transport took effect, taking her with him.  However, he stopped at the last second, realizing that he didn't know how to shut off the Nemesis persona.  How could he take her back to the ship, back to their babies, as a cold-hearted S31 monster?  

And so he silently allowed himself to be sent back.

[Quarters]

Their quarters were quiet, as lifeless as his heart and soul felt.  It was quite fitting.  Gabriel deactivated the holositter, quietly slipping into the girls' room.  They were still asleep, thankfully.  After watching them sleep for a few moments, he went off to find a dermal regenerator from the first aid kid.

[Several Hours Later]

The transporter beam was quiet as it coalesced into the form of Archangel. She braced herself against the back of a chair, breathing heavily. The black uniform was no longer immaculate, but scuffed and torn in several places. A handful of superficial injuries were still apparent, bruises and scrapes.

For a moment, she just stood there, half bowed over the chair as she tried to compose herself. How was she going to explain this one to Gabriel?
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 3:16 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Several Hours Later]

The transporter beam was quiet as it coalesced into the form of Archangel.  She braced herself against the back of a chair, breathing heavily.  The black uniform was no longer immaculate, but scuffed and torn in several places.  A handful of superficial injuries were still apparent, bruises and scrapes.  

For a moment, she just stood there, half bowed over the chair as she tried to compose herself.  How was she going to explain this one to Gabriel?

[Later]

Gabriel set his padd down on the dining room table. It had been dry reading - reports upon reports - but it still hadn't been enough to put him to sleep. And so he'd sat. For hours. Waiting.

He wasn't all that surprised when the sound of a transporter beam filled the room. Sliding the padd over, Gabe stood, walking over to where she was. Gabriel knew that he should be horrified at her condition, having done god-knows-what for those sons of bitches. Well, he was...horrified, angry, hurt...everything. But, what good would it to do rage and rail against it? Should be be furious? Yes.

Then, why did he just feel...numb?

Silently, he wrapped her in an embrace. "The girls will be awake, soon."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 3:27 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Later]

Gabriel set his padd down on the dining room table.  It had been dry reading - reports upon reports - but it still hadn't been enough to put him to sleep.  And so he'd sat.  For hours.  Waiting.

He wasn't all that surprised when the sound of a transporter beam filled the room.  Sliding the padd over, Gabe stood, walking over to where she was.  Gabriel knew that he should be horrified at her condition, having done god-knows-what for those sons of bitches.  Well, he was...horrified, angry, hurt...everything.  But, what good would it to do rage and rail against it?  Should be be furious?  Yes.

Then, why did he just feel...numb?

Silently, he wrapped her in an embrace.  "The girls will be awake, soon."

It was a relief that Gabriel felt that he could still touch her, despite everything that he had just seen, and Archangel finally relaxed, wrapping her arms around her husband. Pulling back slightly, she briefly rested her forehead against his, then pulled away completely.

"I had better tidy up. There's no point worrying them," she said quietly, turning and heading for the bathroom in search of a dermal regenerator to take care of what S31 had deemed unimportant.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 3:42 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

It was a relief that Gabriel felt that he could still touch her, despite everything that he had just seen, and Archangel finally relaxed, wrapping her arms around her husband.  Pulling back slightly, she briefly rested her forehead against his, then pulled away completely.

"I had better tidy up.  There's no point worrying them," she said quietly, turning and heading for the bathroom in search of a dermal regenerator to take care of what S31 had deemed unimportant.

"No," he said, as she went off to the bathroom. "We shouldn't worry them."

Quietly, Gabriel sank down on the edge of their bed. He was utterly exhausted, body, mind, spirit, soul...but there was no time to sleep, now...even if he could have. Sighing, Gabriel ran his fingers through his hair, almost as if he could scrub the exhaustion away.

A few moments later, he quietly slipped into the bathroom area, watching as his wife worked the regenerator over her wounds. "Here, Angel," he said, reaching for it. "Let me help."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"No," he said, as she went off to the bathroom.  "We shouldn't worry them."  

Quietly, Gabriel sank down on the edge of their bed.  He was utterly exhausted, body, mind, spirit, soul...but there was no time to sleep, now...even if he could have.  Sighing, Gabriel ran his fingers through his hair, almost as if he could scrub the exhaustion away.  

A few moments later, he quietly slipped into the bathroom area, watching as his wife worked the regenerator over her wounds.  "Here, Angel," he said, reaching for it.  "Let me help."

Having discarded the outer layers of the uniform, Archangel stood in the small bathroom in only the regulation underwear, running a dermal regenerator over a large bruise that was starting to form on her knee. She looked up at Gabriel as he stepped in, then looked at the deck. Hesitantly, she let go of the regenerator, letting him take it.

"I'm sorry," she murmured. "I should have known that they'd try to take you as well."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 4:48 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Having discarded the outer layers of the uniform, Archangel stood in the small bathroom in only the regulation underwear, running a dermal regenerator over a large bruise that was starting to form on her knee.  She looked up at Gabriel as he stepped in, then looked at the deck.  Hesitantly, she let go of the regenerator, letting him take it.

"I'm sorry," she murmured.  "I should have known that they'd try to take you as well."

"Don't," Gabriel said, taking the regenerator. "Don't apologize for them. Not now...not ever." He took up the tool, diligently running the knitting beam over her injuries. "I'm surprised it's taken them this long to try and get to me that way."

He didn't let on, but yes...it scared the living hell out of Gabriel, knowing how vulnerable most aspects of his life were. His family, the girls...everything, wide open for the taking from these anti-social little black-coated sons of bitches. This isn't the life we signed up for. Not the reason we're out here, he thought. He didn't even have the energy to argue against the thought.

Gabe wondered what she had done, but he would never ask. And so he went on, quietly finishing up and kissing her on the back of the neck. "Can I get you something for breakfast?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Don't," Gabriel said, taking the regenerator.  "Don't apologize for them.  Not now...not ever."  He took up the tool, diligently running the knitting beam over her injuries.  "I'm surprised it's taken them this long to try and get to me that way."

He didn't let on, but yes...it scared the living hell out of Gabriel, knowing how vulnerable most aspects of his life were.  His family, the girls...everything, wide open for the taking from these anti-social little black-coated sons of bitches.  This isn't the life we signed up for.  Not the reason we're out here, he thought.  He didn't even have the energy to argue against the thought.  

Gabe wondered what she had done, but he would never ask.  And so he went on, quietly finishing up and kissing her on the back of the neck.  "Can I get you something for breakfast?"

The silence that settled between them was uneasy, or at least it seemed that way to Archangel as she sat quietly, letting Gabriel take care of all the scrapes and bruises that were the evidence of her assessment at the hands of Section 31. Oh, they had taken care of the larger injuries, the broken bones and larger cuts, but the rest of it was up to the operative to deal with.

As he finished, she turned, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him tightly, needing a moment just to reassure herself that he was there and that he was real.

She took a deep breath as she let him go. "I'm not hungry," she said, but then held up a hand to forestall any response on his part. "I will try to eat something. Toast, perhaps." She pushed herself to her feet, taking the cane that she had remembered to lay out, relying on it once again as she made her way out of the bathroom, her head held low.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 7:32 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The silence that settled between them was uneasy, or at least it seemed that way to Archangel as she sat quietly, letting Gabriel take care of all the scrapes and bruises that were the evidence of her assessment at the hands of Section 31.  Oh, they had taken care of the larger injuries, the broken bones and larger cuts, but the rest of it was up to the operative to deal with.

As he finished, she turned, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him tightly, needing a moment just to reassure herself that he was there and that he was real.  

She took a deep breath as she let him go.  "I'm not hungry," she said, but then held up a hand to forestall any response on his part.  "I will try to eat something.  Toast, perhaps."  She pushed herself to her feet, taking the cane that she had remembered to lay out, relying on it once again as she made her way out of the bathroom, her head held low.

Gabe quietly put the regenerator away, following his wife out of the bathroom. She had resorted back to the cane, he saw...and walked like a woman defeated. They made a great pair, in that regard...since he felt just as defeated.

It shouldn't be this way.

The thought continued to race through his mind as he began to put on breakfast for the girls. Their marriage was only a few months old, and their command even younger. Surely, the most exciting of times. And yet, here they were, possibly as distant as they'd ever been, commanding officers on the eve of a new journey of exploration. And all we can think about is the trash from 31. All the small-minded, arrogant filth. Ikelos and Sovereign and whoever-the-hell else. She had been right - they'd never leave their family alone. Her actions had damned herself and three other souls, two of them innocents. And here you sit, blaming her. Well, maybe. Was he 'blaming' her? Or was it just a recitation of fact? The thought scared the hell out of him, since it was dangerously close to what he'd felt back when they'd all lost their senses. Only now...now there were no spores to blame. Now there was only the hole he felt in his heart. He was losing her in this war of Pyrrhic victories of attrition.

Fiddle while it burns, Arthur. Put on your big stupid smile and pretend it's all going to be okay, that you can make it better, that she isn't going to be your death, possibly for the girls. Who else? Your parents? Grandparents? Chira or Garen? Who else dies because you thought you could save her?

Gabriel sat down at the kitchen table, hard, his vision swimming. It was going to be a long day, and he was already feeling the lack of sleep.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 2:49 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabe quietly put the regenerator away, following his wife out of the bathroom.  She had resorted back to the cane, he saw...and walked like a woman defeated.  They made a great pair, in that regard...since he felt just as defeated.

It shouldn't be this way.

The thought continued to race through his mind as he began to put on breakfast for the girls.  Their marriage was only a few months old, and their command even younger.  Surely, the most exciting of times.  And yet, here they were, possibly as distant as they'd ever been, commanding officers on the eve of a new journey of exploration.  And all we can think about is the trash from 31.  All the small-minded, arrogant filth.  Ikelos and Sovereign and whoever-the-hell else.  She had been right - they'd never leave their family alone.  Her actions had damned herself and three other souls, two of them innocents.  And here you sit, blaming her.  Well, maybe.  Was he 'blaming' her?  Or was it just a recitation of fact?    The thought scared the hell out of him, since it was dangerously close to what he'd felt back when they'd all lost their senses.  Only now...now there were no spores to blame.  Now there was only the hole he felt in his heart.  He was losing her in this war of Pyrrhic victories of attrition.

Fiddle while it burns, Arthur.  Put on your big stupid smile and pretend it's all going to be okay, that you can make it better, that she isn't going to be your death, possibly for the girls.  Who else?  Your parents?  Grandparents?  Chira or Garen?  Who else dies because you thought you could save her?

Gabriel sat down at the kitchen table, hard, his vision swimming.  It was going to be a long day, and he was already feeling the lack of sleep.

Instead of sitting down at the table, Archangel stood by the large viewport in their quarters, leaning heavily on the cane, looking out at the stars. She wasn't sure what she was looking for, answers to her situation perhaps. She sighed softly, closing her eyes and resting her forehead against the transparasteel. When was this war going to end?

Turning her head slightly, she watched Gabriel out of the corner of her eye, at the defeat in his posture. There were some things worth fighting for.

Moving over to stand behind him, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "Take the day off, Gabriel. We're only on patrol. I can handle the bridge."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 12:30 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Instead of sitting down at the table, Archangel stood by the large viewport in their quarters, leaning heavily on the cane, looking out at the stars.  She wasn't sure what she was looking for, answers to her situation perhaps.  She sighed softly, closing her eyes and resting her forehead against the transparasteel.  When was this war going to end?

Turning her head slightly, she watched Gabriel out of the corner of her eye, at the defeat in his posture.  There were some things worth fighting for.

Moving over to stand behind him, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders.  "Take the day off, Gabriel.  We're only on patrol.  I can handle the bridge."

He jumped a little as Archangel slipped in behind him, wrapping him in a hug. Had he been in such a stupor that he didn't even hear? Probably. In spite of it all, though, Gabriel managed a small smile. "Y'know," he quietly said, "I'm supposed to be the one that puts the comforting arms around you." Gabe reached up, holding her hand and resting it against his cheek, uncaring of how much blood was probably on it not that long ago. "I'm fine e'lev. There's a lot of things I can liaise with Engineering on." No, sitting alone in their quarters all day was not something he looked forward to.

The quiet sound of a door opening drew Gabriel's attention, as he watched a toddling little blonde-haired girl come out of her room, dressed in footed pajamas covered in planets and stars. Aria approached the table, holding her arms out. Gabe glanced up at his wife, smiling. "I think she wants you to pick her up."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

He jumped a little as Archangel slipped in behind him, wrapping him in a hug.  Had he been in such a stupor that he didn't even hear?  Probably.  In spite of it all, though, Gabriel managed a small smile.  "Y'know," he quietly said, "I'm supposed to be the one that puts the comforting arms around you."  Gabe reached up, holding her hand and resting it against his cheek, uncaring of how much blood was probably on it not that long ago.  "I'm fine e'lev.  There's a lot of things I can liaise with Engineering on."  No, sitting alone in their quarters all day was not something he looked forward to.

The quiet sound of a door opening drew Gabriel's attention, as he watched a toddling little blonde-haired girl come out of her room, dressed in footed pajamas covered in planets and stars.  Aria approached the table, holding her arms out.  Gabe glanced up at his wife, smiling.  "I think she wants you to pick her up."

Archangel leaned forwards, touching her forehead briefly to his, taking in the comforting feel of his smooth skull against her ridges. She always took the upmost care when she did this so as not to hurt him with those same ridges.

She pulled away as she heard a door open and smiled at the sight of her youngest daughter toddling into the room. Little Aria was only just starting to walk, and the sight of her in her pyjamas and hugging her favourite stuffed starship never failed to lift her mother's spirits.

Setting the cane to rest against the table, she picked up the little girl, perching her on her hip. "Good morning, Aria!"

"Goo morng!" The toddler responded. Most of Aria's speech for the moment was based on repetition, but Archangel was determined to be patient with the little girl. The young mother kissed the blond curls, looking to her baby's father with that same smile.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 1:54 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Archangel leaned forwards, touching her forehead briefly to his, taking in the comforting feel of his smooth skull against her ridges.  She always took the upmost care when she did this so as not to hurt him with those same ridges.  

She pulled away as she heard a door open and smiled at the sight of her youngest daughter toddling into the room.  Little Aria was only just starting to walk, and the sight of her in her pyjamas and hugging her favourite stuffed starship never failed to lift her mother's spirits.  

Setting the cane to rest against the table, she picked up the little girl, perching her on her hip.  "Good morning, Aria!"

"Goo morng!" The toddler responded.  Most of Aria's speech for the moment was based on repetition, but Archangel was determined to be patient with the little girl.  The young mother kissed the blond curls, looking to her baby's father with that same smile.

"And a goo morng to you, too," Gabriel said, grinning broadly and happily at his baby girl. He also couldn't help but feel the warmth radiating from his wife as she held Aria up. Together like this, it was easy to forget all the terrible crap they'd been through in the night. Just four happy people, four members of a young family.

Just everything he dreamed about.

The bedroom door slid open again as Seika came out, pushing herself by the use of her crutches. She was getting better and better with them, and Gabriel had a feeling that they day was on the horizon that she'd not need them altogether. "Hey there, lil' lady," he beamed. "You and your sister ready to eat?" He'd learned one thing early on - feed them before you cleaned them up...because it doesn't really work the other way around...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Search for Better Times   Search for Better Times - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Search for Better Times
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Archives :: Holodeck Archives-
Jump to: