Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission

Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

If time seemed to slow during the first round of operations, having to endure the second procedure...

Raynor glanced up as T'Rann injected Ilana with the hypo.  Can I stay *with* her? he thought.  Of course he could.  I would probably strangle you if you tried to drag me away from this biobedside.  Raynor wasn't sure if that was an exaggeration or not.  Instead of threatening the Vulcan, though, he just gave a curt nod.  "I will be here."

And so he was, sitting beside of the bed, gently touching her hand.  "Lana," he simply said, wondering what the reaction would be.

Ilana's eyelids flickered slightly, then opened again. Her throat felt as if someone had gone at it with a sandblaster and her head ached. T'Rann nodded curtly and left the surgical bay to attend to what ever she had been doing before the emergency had been called.

The Cardassian looked down at her hand, then followed the line up to Raynor(s face. "It h-hurts."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana's eyelids flickered slightly, then opened again.  Her throat felt as if someone had gone at it with a sandblaster and her head ached.  T'Rann nodded curtly and left the surgical bay to attend to what ever she had been doing before the emergency had been called.

The Cardassian looked down at her hand, then followed the line up to Raynor(s face.  "It h-hurts."

Finally - finally - Ilana opened her eyes. Raynor wasn't sure how long ago the Vulcan doctor had left, since he'd forgotten about her not long after the doors to the surgical ward closed. "Yes, Lana...I know it hurts. Don't try to move, but we're going to have to keep you awake for a while. There were...complications. Hemorrhaging. Problems with the implants. T'Rann and I were able to get the swelling down."

Raynor pulled his chair a little closer, smiling. "You still remember who I am and who you are, don't you?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:10 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Finally - finally - Ilana opened her eyes.  Raynor wasn't sure how long ago the Vulcan doctor had left, since he'd forgotten about her not long after the doors to the surgical ward closed.  "Yes, Lana...I know it hurts.  Don't try to move, but we're going to have to keep you awake for a while.  There were...complications.  Hemorrhaging.  Problems with the implants.  T'Rann and I were able to get the swelling down."

Raynor pulled his chair a little closer, smiling.  "You still remember who I am and who you are, don't you?"

For a moment, Ilana stared at Raynor through her glazed-over eyes, as if trying to remember a far-off dream. The memory fragments weren't very forthcoming, and it took her far longer than it would have on a normal day, but they did at least provide her with a name to put to the face.

"R-Raynor," she murmured. "Y-you are Raynor. A-and... and I am y-your L-Lana."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

For a moment, Ilana stared at Raynor through her glazed-over eyes, as if trying to remember a far-off dream.  The memory fragments weren't very forthcoming, and it took her far longer than it would have on a normal day, but they did at least provide her with a name to put to the face.

"R-Raynor," she murmured.  "Y-you are Raynor.  A-and... and I am y-your L-Lana."

Raynor didn't like the glassy look in the Cardassian's green eyes, but they eventually unclouded with the sharpness of recognition. Her words, though, made his eight-chambered heart pound against his thick ribcage.

"Yes," the Klingon said, his voice low and intense. He wondered why his face seemed to be hurting...until he realized it was because he was smiling, his white teeth standing out against his ruddily dark skin. "That's who we are." Raynor ran his fingertips along her forearm, feeling that it was the only non-painful part of her to touch right now. What he wanted to do was to touch her face, to stand protectively over her, teeth bared, daring the world to try and take her from him again.

The Klingon took a breath, steadying his thoughts. They refused to be steadied, though, but he plowed on anyway. "You'll be up and moving again soon. And not soon enough...I'll need help transplanting some Aldeberan star-blooms."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor didn't like the glassy look in the Cardassian's green eyes, but they eventually unclouded with the sharpness of recognition.  Her words, though, made his eight-chambered heart pound against his thick ribcage.  

"Yes," the Klingon said, his voice low and intense.  He wondered why his face seemed to be hurting...until he realized it was because he was smiling, his white teeth standing out against his ruddily dark skin.  "That's who we are."  Raynor ran his fingertips along her forearm, feeling that it was the only non-painful part of her to touch right now.  What he wanted to do was to touch her face, to stand protectively over her, teeth bared, daring the world to try and take her from him again.  

The Klingon took a breath, steadying his thoughts.  They refused to be steadied, though, but he plowed on anyway.  "You'll be up and moving again soon.  And not soon enough...I'll need help transplanting some Aldeberan star-blooms."

Ilana managed to turn her head slightly looking down at the hand on her arm and frowning slightly. She couldn't feel the hand there, but her eyes were telling her that it definitely was.

Her attention was distracted, however, by the mention of transplanting Aldebaran star-blooms. She managed a faint upturning of the corners of her mouth. She always did enjoy repotting plants with Raynor. He tended to get upset with the other science officers assigned to the botanical bays, but he was remarkably patient with her.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:46 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana managed to turn her head slightly looking down at the hand on her arm and frowning slightly.  She couldn't feel the hand there, but her eyes were telling her that it definitely was.

Her attention was distracted, however, by the mention of transplanting Aldebaran star-blooms.  She managed a faint upturning of the corners of her mouth.  She always did enjoy repotting plants with Raynor.  He tended to get upset with the other science officers assigned to the botanical bays, but he was remarkably patient with her.

"You'll love them," Raynor said, his voice as soft as the touch on her forearm. "They only bloom by moonlight. We'll have to set up a darkroom greenhouse, with simulated nocturnal light. The dumbass kids they send to me to work with would screw that up, even if I held their hand the whole time."

He couldn't help but notice the way she was looking down at his hand on her arm. Raynor figured that moving her limbs was out of the question now, but he wondered about her digits. "Can you move your fingers? Don't try too hard. Just try and move one or two."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:54 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"You'll love them," Raynor said, his voice as soft as the touch on her forearm.  "They only bloom by moonlight.  We'll have to set up a darkroom greenhouse, with simulated nocturnal light.  The dumbass kids they send to me to work with would screw that up, even if I held their hand the whole time."

He couldn't help but notice the way she was looking down at his hand on her arm.  Raynor figured that moving her limbs was out of the question now, but he wondered about her digits.  "Can you move your fingers?  Don't try too hard.  Just try and move one or two."

She wanted to reach out to the Klingon, but her arm was unresponsive to her will. Whether it was simply exhaustion at that point, she didn't know, but it was still a disconcerting thought. Her eyes flicked back to Raynor's face, watching his expression as he spoke about his plans for the plants.

The subject changed as he looked down at her arm, and Ilana followed his gaze. She frowned slightly. She couldn't feel her hand, that was for sure, but that didn't mean anything. It was probably just because she had undergone such invasive surgery on her brain tissue.

It took her a few moments of concentration, but she managed to flex her slender, grey, fingers, much to her relief. She closed her eyes, taking as deep a breath as she dared so as to let it out in a relieved sigh.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 9:05 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

She wanted to reach out to the Klingon, but her arm was unresponsive to her will.  Whether it was simply exhaustion at that point, she didn't know, but it was still a disconcerting thought.  Her eyes flicked back to Raynor's face, watching his expression as he spoke about his plans for the plants.  

The subject changed as he looked down at her arm, and Ilana followed his gaze.  She frowned slightly.  She couldn't feel her hand, that was for sure, but that didn't mean anything.  It was probably just because she had undergone such invasive surgery on her brain tissue.

It took her a few moments of concentration, but she managed to flex her slender, grey, fingers, much to her relief.  She closed her eyes, taking as deep a breath as she dared so as to let it out in a relieved sigh.

"That's good!" Raynor said, smiling encouragingly as Ilana moved her fingers. It was certainly as much as she should be doing after major surgery. In truth, he was worried sick about the lingering after-effects of having your brain probed twice in one day. She seemed to be able to think and speak, though, so that was part of the battle. A big part of it.

He gently patted the hand. "Alright. That's enough of that for now." She seemed to want to just relax and rest, and Raynor truly wanted to let her do that...but he also remembered T'Rann's admonition to keep the Cardassian awake. "I can turn the heat up in here, if you want. Any colder, and we'll have to start making snowmen again..."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 4:07 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"That's good!" Raynor said, smiling encouragingly as Ilana moved her fingers.  It was certainly as much as she should be doing after major surgery.  In truth, he was worried sick about the lingering after-effects of having your brain probed twice in one day.  She seemed to be able to think and speak, though, so that was part of the battle.  A big part of it.

He gently patted the hand.  "Alright.  That's enough of that for now."  She seemed to want to just relax and rest, and Raynor truly wanted to let her do that...but he also remembered T'Rann's admonition to keep the Cardassian awake.  "I can turn the heat up in here, if you want.  Any colder, and we'll have to start making snowmen again..."

She let the fingers relax back open again and sighed, her gaze shifting back to the ceiling until Raynor spoke again. Ilana's eyes flicked back to her best friend, turning her head round to look at him. The movement was slow, but her head felt as if it was full of liquid at that point. She didn't want to move to quickly for fear of sloshing things around too much.

The question about the temperature in sickbay confused her. Was it cold? She couldn't feel it. "If y-you t-t-turn th-the h-heat up, w-will y-you n-n-not b-be uncomfortable?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 6:32 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

She let the fingers relax back open again and sighed, her gaze shifting back to the ceiling until Raynor spoke again.  Ilana's eyes flicked back to her best friend, turning her head round to look at him.  The movement was slow, but her head felt as if it was full of liquid at that point.  She didn't want to move to quickly for fear of sloshing things around too much.

The question about the temperature in sickbay confused her.  Was it cold?  She couldn't feel it.  "If y-you t-t-turn th-the h-heat up, w-will y-you n-n-not b-be uncomfortable?"

Raynor leaned back in his chair a little, giving an amused half-smile. "A warrior feels not cowardice or pain or sensitivity to temperature," he said, winking. In truth, he was fairly amenable when it came to heat. Qo'noS was a bit warmer than Earth, in general, but he'd also grown up in the wilds of Alaska. "Computer, raise ambient temperature by ten degrees."

The computer beeped obediently, and Raynor started to feel the slow increase. The surgical ward wasn't as wide-open as main sickbay. "Wouldn't want to chill you too much...like that time we went rock climbing." It wasn't a particularly jolly memory, but...he knew he had to keep her talking.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 7:02 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor leaned back in his chair a little, giving an amused half-smile.  "A warrior feels not cowardice or pain or sensitivity to temperature," he said, winking.  In truth, he was fairly amenable when it came to heat.  Qo'noS was a bit warmer than Earth, in general, but he'd also grown up in the wilds of Alaska.  "Computer, raise ambient temperature by ten degrees."

The computer beeped obediently, and Raynor started to feel the slow increase.  The surgical ward wasn't as wide-open as main sickbay.  "Wouldn't want to chill you too much...like that time we went rock climbing."  It wasn't a particularly jolly memory, but...he knew he had to keep her talking.

There was a faint smile at the memory of that rock climbing expedition. It had been one of the first times that Raynor had forcibly dragged her out of her sickbay and made sure that she took some time off. It hadn't been a particularly fun time, between the cold of the Alaskan mountains and then the somewhat revealing athletics uniforms...

She hadn't particularly enjoyed it.

As the computer beeped to acknowledge the request for a temperature change, Ilana sighed quietly and let her head drop back against the biobed. She couldn't feel the surgical bay getting any warmer, but she shrugged that off.

"Th-thank y-y-you."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 7:15 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

There was a faint smile at the memory of that rock climbing expedition.  It had been one of the first times that Raynor had forcibly dragged her out of her sickbay and made sure that she took some time off.  It hadn't been a particularly fun time, between the cold of the Alaskan mountains and then the somewhat revealing athletics uniforms...

She hadn't particularly enjoyed it.

As the computer beeped to acknowledge the request for a temperature change, Ilana sighed quietly and let her head drop back against the biobed.  She couldn't feel the surgical bay getting any warmer, but she shrugged that off.

"Th-thank y-y-you."

"Sure, Lana," Raynor said, immediately feeling the heat go up. Normally, she would have been shivering, wearing only her hospital gown. She was rail-thin enough as it was, with very little to spare on her bones. It was no damn wonder she got cold so easily.

Standing, Raynor went back over to the replicator, keying in another glass of water. "With a straw," he requested, as one appeared in the cup. Raynor looked to it, and to Ilana's reclined position. "Make it...make it a bended straw," he muttered. He carried the glass over to the Cardassian, setting it on the fold-out side table, should she need it.

"Jiseth's recovery is coming along well, from the last time I talked to her. Not long after the Phoenix left, she returned...can you believe those fools got their ship hijacked on their first mission?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Sure, Lana," Raynor said, immediately feeling the heat go up.  Normally, she would have been shivering, wearing only her hospital gown.  She was rail-thin enough as it was, with very little to spare on her bones.  It was no damn wonder she got cold so easily.  

Standing, Raynor went back over to the replicator, keying in another glass of water.  "With a straw," he requested, as one appeared in the cup.  Raynor looked to it, and to Ilana's reclined position.  "Make it...make it a bended straw," he muttered.  He carried the glass over to the Cardassian, setting it on the fold-out side table, should she need it.

"Jiseth's recovery is coming along well, from the last time I talked to her.  Not long after the Phoenix left, she returned...can you believe those fools got their ship hijacked on their first mission?"

Ilana watched Raynor's movements, how easily he carried his great mass on quiet feet. He had always moved with that grace, a true predator. She sighed softly, closing her eyes. She felt tired, so very tired. It was probably normal after having undergone double surgery on her brain, but still.

"Hmm?" The green eyes opened again as the Klingon spoke, then frowned and protested: "Th-th-they are n-not f-fools!"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 7:13 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana watched Raynor's movements, how easily he carried his great mass on quiet feet.  He had always moved with that grace, a true predator.  She sighed softly, closing her eyes.  She felt tired, so very tired.  It was probably normal after having undergone double surgery on her brain, but still.

"Hmm?"  The green eyes opened again as the Klingon spoke, then frowned and protested:  "Th-th-they are n-not f-fools!"

Chuckling lightly, Raynor rested his large hand over Ilana's. "Well. I meant 'fools' in the general sense. As in...'what fools these mortals be'." He shrugged. "Fortunate for them, it wasn't a Klingon vessel. They would have self-destructed before allowing the theft of a vessel." And Raynor was indeed happy...there were quite a few on board that ship that he considered a friend.

"Sasha will be happy to see you back."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 7:21 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Chuckling lightly, Raynor rested his large hand over Ilana's.  "Well.  I meant 'fools' in the general sense.  As in...'what fools these mortals be'."  He shrugged.  "Fortunate for them, it wasn't a Klingon vessel.  They would have self-destructed before allowing the theft of a vessel."  And Raynor was indeed happy...there were quite a few on board that ship that he considered a friend.

"Sasha will be happy to see you back."

Now that she knew that Raynor wasn't criticising people she considered to be friends of hers, Ilana relaxed again, a slight shiver passing over her body.

"Mm... I f-f-fed h-her y-y-yesterday. Sh-she w-will b-b-be s-sleeping it off," the Cardassian murmured sleepily, her eyelids drifting closed.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 7:44 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Now that she knew that Raynor wasn't criticising people she considered to be friends of hers, Ilana relaxed again, a slight shiver passing over her body.  

"Mm... I f-f-fed h-her y-y-yesterday.  Sh-she w-will b-b-be s-sleeping it off," the Cardassian murmured sleepily, her eyelids drifting closed.

"What'd you feed her, a Cardassian vole?" Raynor said, smiling. He glanced over at Ilana, his sense of alarm rising as he saw that she was drifting off to sleep.

Reaching up from her hand, Raynor gave Ilana's arm a little shake. "Lana! Eyes open. We need to keep you alert and your mind engaged. If I have to start singing Klingon battle hymns, I will..."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 7:58 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"What'd you feed her, a Cardassian vole?" Raynor said, smiling.  He glanced over at Ilana, his sense of alarm rising as he saw that she was drifting off to sleep.  

Reaching up from her hand, Raynor gave Ilana's arm a little shake.  "Lana!  Eyes open.  We need to keep you alert and your mind engaged.  If I have to start singing Klingon battle hymns, I will..."

"T-two v-voles," Ilana replied with a faint smile, knowing that he was probably teasing her and she enjoyed teasing him right back, the only person in the galaxy with whom she could act in a light-hearted manner.

Her eyes snapped open again as she felt her arm being shaken even if she couldn't feel the hand on it. She frowned slightly, looking over at the Klingon. "Th-this is a s-strange r-r-reversal of n-normal b-b-behaviour," she replied. "Y-you n-n-normally t-t-tell m-me t-to s-s-sleep."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 6:59 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
"T-two v-voles," Ilana replied with a faint smile, knowing that he was probably teasing her and she enjoyed teasing him right back, the only person in the galaxy with whom she could act in a light-hearted manner.  

Her eyes snapped open again as she felt her arm being shaken even if she couldn't feel the hand on it.  She frowned slightly, looking over at the Klingon.  "Th-this is a s-strange r-r-reversal of n-normal b-b-behaviour," she replied.  "Y-you n-n-normally t-t-tell m-me t-to s-s-sleep."

"Well," Raynor said, smiling softly, "we Klingons aren't as hard-headed as people think we are. We can change our minds." He quirked an eyebrow. "Well. On second thought, we are that hard-headed, and change our minds only when we damn well please."

Her skin was starting to feel a little warmer. That's good, he thought. At least the temperature increase was helping. Granted, it was nothing like a good heating stone, but..."We never truly know where life takes us, do we?" he mused, almost more to himself, and in a very human-like fashion. His touch was still light on her arm, but it felt like...like something he was loath to give up. "Never know how our thoughts and outlooks change. About...how things can suddenly become so important to us...that we cannot perceive a life without them."

Raynor realized that he'd been basically muttering to himself. He turned his attention back to his charge. "C'mon, Lana. We need you awake just a bit longer."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 7:08 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Well," Raynor said, smiling softly, "we Klingons aren't as hard-headed as people think we are.  We can change our minds."  He quirked an eyebrow.  "Well.  On second thought, we are that hard-headed, and change our minds only when we damn well please."

Her skin was starting to feel a little warmer.  That's good, he thought.  At least the temperature increase was helping.  Granted, it was nothing like a good heating stone, but..."We never truly know where life takes us, do we?" he mused, almost more to himself, and in a very human-like fashion.  His touch was still light on her arm, but it felt like...like something he was loath to give up.  "Never know how our thoughts and outlooks change.  About...how things can suddenly become so important to us...that we cannot perceive a life without them."  

Raynor realized that he'd been basically muttering to himself.  He turned his attention back to his charge.  "C'mon, Lana.  We need you awake just a bit longer."

The sound of Raynor's deep voice speaking softly to her had a very soothing effect on the young Cardassian, something that she hadn't really expected. She had started to drift off into sleep when his tone became slightly sharper, bringing her fully into the world of the conscious.

"W-want t-t-to s-s-sleep," she murmured, blinking rapidly. She then smiled slightly. "R-remember th-the l-l-last t-t-time y-you w-w-were in s-sickbay w-with m-me? After th-th-the B-Bajoran attacked m-m-me?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 7:19 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

The sound of Raynor's deep voice speaking softly to her had a very soothing effect on the young Cardassian, something that she hadn't really expected.  She had started to drift off into sleep when his tone became slightly sharper, bringing her fully into the world of the conscious.

"W-want t-t-to s-s-sleep," she murmured, blinking rapidly.  She then smiled slightly.  "R-remember th-the l-l-last t-t-time y-you w-w-were in s-sickbay w-with m-me?  After th-th-the B-Bajoran attacked m-m-me?"

A deep rumble sounded somewhere in the heart of Raynor's soul as he remembered the Bajoran who tried to hurt Ilana, once. The fact that the bastard had slipped a hypo into Raynor was the only thing, literally, that had kept him alive. "Of course I remember," he said, somewhat darkly. "I regret that I wasn't able to choke him to death right then and there, and that he was left alive to face...Federation justice." To him, getting to spend your days in a rehabilitation colony was tantamount to being rewarded with a posh life for a crime. Sometimes justice needed to be swift and simple, as it was in the days when the stars were young. When things were easier, he thought. It was a fallacious statement, of course...but a romantic thought. In days like that...a man could just end any threat to those he loved, and have their lives be better for it. "Speaking of Federation justice...that sham of a trial was a mockery of it."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

A deep rumble sounded somewhere in the heart of Raynor's soul as he remembered the Bajoran who tried to hurt Ilana, once.  The fact that the bastard had slipped a hypo into Raynor was the only thing, literally, that had kept him alive.  "Of course I remember," he said, somewhat darkly.  "I regret that I wasn't able to choke him to death right then and there, and that he was left alive to face...Federation justice."  To him, getting to spend your days in a rehabilitation colony was tantamount to being rewarded with a posh life for a crime.  Sometimes justice needed to be swift and simple, as it was in the days when the stars were young.  When things were easier, he thought.  It was a fallacious statement, of course...but a romantic thought.  In days like that...a man could just end any threat to those he loved, and have their lives be better for it.  "Speaking of Federation justice...that sham of a trial was a mockery of it."

Ilana pulled a slight face at the memory, or rather the memory of the pain of having her scales torn out by the assailant.  It had taken months for those scales to grow back and it hadn't been a very pleasant process either.

She sighed softly.  "At l-least it s o-over," she replied.  She smiled a little, her tone taking on a slow, babbling, slightly slurred quality.  "Y-you h-have always l-l-looked after m-me, R-R-Raynor, even wh-when y-you d-didn't h-have t-t-to.  S-Sometimes th-the other m-m-medics g-give m-me s-s-strange l-looks.  I kn-kn-know th-that they t-talk about y-you and about m-me.  Th-they think I c-can't h-h-hear th-them."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 7:03 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana pulled a slight face at the memory, or rather the memory of the pain of having her scales torn out by the assailant.  It had taken months for those scales to grow back and it hadn't been a very pleasant process either.

She sighed softly.  "At l-least it s o-over," she replied.  She smiled a little, her tone taking on a slow, babbling, slightly slurred quality.  "Y-you h-have always l-l-looked after m-me, R-R-Raynor, even wh-when y-you d-didn't h-have t-t-to.  S-Sometimes th-the other m-m-medics g-give m-me s-s-strange l-looks.  I kn-kn-know th-that they t-talk about y-you and about m-me.  Th-they think I c-can't h-h-hear th-them."

"Yes..." Raynor growled. "Over. And may his damn Prophets guide his path...the hell away from me. Because, if I ever see that man again..." He frowned sharply, shaking his head. "But, you're right - it's over."

The Klingon raised an eyebrow as Ilana mentioned the other medics. "Of course I look after you. It's because I want to, and to hell with anyone who thinks differently." He took up her hand, holding it lightly in his own large palm. "What kind of things to people say? Not that I've ever really cared about what others thought..."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Yes..." Raynor growled.  "Over.  And may his damn Prophets guide his path...the hell away from me.  Because, if I ever see that man again..."  He frowned sharply, shaking his head.  "But, you're right - it's over."  

The Klingon raised an eyebrow as Ilana mentioned the other medics.  "Of course I look after you.  It's because I want to, and to hell with anyone who thinks differently."  He took up her hand, holding it lightly in his own large palm.  "What kind of things to people say?  Not that I've ever really cared about what others thought..."

Ilana was silent for a moment, her expression one of concentration as she tried to coax her memory to release the fragments of recollection from her healing brain.

"Th-they d-don't l-l-like y-you. Th-they s-said th-that y-y-you w-w-were t-taking advantage of m-m-me, th-that y-you w-w-were n-nothing b-but a v-violent K-Klingon. Th-they s-said th-that I w-was a t-t-tramp f-for s-spending t-t-time w-with y-you, th-that I w-was 'b-begging f-for it'." She frowned slightly. "I d-do n-n-not kn-know wh-what th-th-that m-means."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 7:30 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana was silent for a moment, her expression one of concentration as she tried to coax her memory to release the fragments of recollection from her healing brain.

"Th-they d-don't l-l-like y-you.  Th-they s-said th-that y-y-you w-w-were t-taking advantage of m-m-me, th-that y-you w-w-were n-nothing b-but a v-violent K-Klingon.  Th-they s-said th-that I w-was a t-t-tramp f-for s-spending t-t-time w-with y-you, th-that I w-was 'b-begging f-for it'."  She frowned slightly.  "I d-do n-n-not kn-know wh-what th-th-that m-means."

"Well, if it matters...I don't like them, either," he snarled, shaking his head. For Ilana's sake, he said nothing else toward that. The Klingon decided, however, that if they continued to say such things to her, then he would pay them a discreet visit. Probably brandishing a knife.

He turned his attention back to her. "You're an adult, and a grown woman," Raynor said, his voice muted. "Your decisions are your own to make." Unless they're not, and controlled by outside forces. Well. There was always that. He tried to bury the old feelings that were brought up by that line of thinking - feeling that he had taken advantage of her...that he had hurt her, and that he was a danger. There were times when he believed all of the above. It's why you'd leave, if you weren't such a coward, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 7:37 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Well, if it matters...I don't like them, either," he snarled, shaking his head.  For Ilana's sake, he said nothing else toward that.  The Klingon decided, however, that if they continued to say such things to her, then he would pay them a discreet visit.  Probably brandishing a knife.

He turned his attention back to her.  "You're an adult, and a grown woman," Raynor said, his voice muted.  "Your decisions are your own to make."  Unless they're not, and controlled by outside forces.  Well.  There was always that.  He tried to bury the old feelings that were brought up by that line of thinking - feeling that he had taken advantage of her...that he had hurt her, and that he was a danger.  There were times when he believed all of the above.  It's why you'd leave, if you weren't such a coward, he thought.  

The Cardassian squinted up at her best friend as he spoke, thinking that she heard some kind of inflection in his voice that meant that his mind was elsewhere, but she couldn't be sure about it. She couldn't be sure about much that her senses told her at that point.

"Th-they th-think that C-C-Cardassians are almost d-d-deaf. Th-they d-d-don't t-take m-m-much c-care about h-h-how th-they s-s-speak." She frowned slightly again. "Wh-why d-d-do th-they s-s-say th-things l-like th-that? Y-y-you are m-my b-b-best f-friend in the wh-whole g-g-galaxy." Her voice had taken on that tired edge again, speaking without control. "I d-d-don't w-want t-t-to l-lose y-y-you. I d-don't understand. What d-does 'b-b-begging for it' m-mean? Or 't-t-taking advantage'? S-so m-much I d-don't understand. Wish I knew m-more. T-tired... Why s-so tired?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next