Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Aurora Fleet : Quick Start Guide I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Aurora Fleet : Quick Start Guide I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Aurora Fleet : Quick Start Guide I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Aurora Fleet : Quick Start Guide I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Aurora Fleet : Quick Start Guide I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Aurora Fleet : Quick Start Guide I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Aurora Fleet : Quick Start Guide I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Aurora Fleet : Quick Start Guide I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Aurora Fleet : Quick Start Guide I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Aurora Fleet : Quick Start Guide I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Aurora Fleet : Quick Start Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Aurora Fleet : Quick Start Guide Empty
PostSubject: Aurora Fleet : Quick Start Guide   Aurora Fleet : Quick Start Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 11:51 am

Aurora Fleet
A Quick Start Guide

Welcome, traveller!

If you're reading this, chances are you're considering joining us on our adventure through the Star Trek universe.  Here's a quick run through of everything you need to know and links to the more in depth knowledge if you need it.

The Universe

Star Trek is a long running TV and film series, originally produced by Gene Roddenberry.  We're based at the end of the series DS9 and Voyager and determined to uphold the best ideals of the universe:  exploration and discovery.

But, like the series, things don't always go to plan…

Aurora Fleet, officially known as the Fifth Fleet, is attached to Starbase Athena.  Their mission: to keep an eye on the borders and tensions between the Klingon and Romulan Empires after the Dominion War left all three powers weakened.

Although we are an OC driven site with no canon characters, we do stick very strictly to the rules of the canon universe.

Our full mission statement can be found here.

The Star Trek RPer's online encyclopedia: Memory Alpha.  Any terms, species, episode references you need, they can all be found here.

Joining and Character Creation

We work on a 'one character per account' system, so sign up with a name that's going to help you identify which character account you're logging in to!

If you don't sign up with your character's name, don't worry.  We'll change the display name for you once your app has been approved.

If you're unaccustomed to the universe, we recommend that you start off with a human character or, if you're feeling adventurous, a Klingon or a Vulcan since there is a lot of information on the internet about how these species' physiology and behaviour.

For those more comfortable with the universe, we allow all Alpha and Beta quadrant species.  Be warned though, we don't allow Qs (or similar) or Delta Quadrant species, and the rarer species are restricted.  For more information on that, look at this page.

Once your app has been posted and approved, an Admiral will assign you to a ship or starbase depending on your department requests.  

Everyone starts out at the bottom of the promotion ladder to begin with, but stay active and it won't take long to climb up!  More information on promotions can be found here.

Posting

We don't have a word count here, we don't care to be known as basic/mid/advanced, but we do ask that you try to keep your post content spaced out so as to make it easier on the people reading it.  Where possible, it'd be nice to see posts more than two lines.  We do, however, expect a minimum of spelling, grammar and punctuation ability.  People make mistakes, that's understandable, but if it starts to be unreadable, big mistakes every other word, then we might ask you to start running your posts through a spell check/beta reader.

Staff

Staff members on this board are the Admiralty, myself and Corman Stark, as well as all command level officers (captains, first officers and SNCOs), whose names can be identified by their dark red colour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org

Aurora Fleet : Quick Start Guide
Page 1 of 1