Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller Empty
PostSubject: Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller   Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 7:24 am

Bradley Miller

[IMAGE]

Basics

Name: Bradley Miller
Species: Human
Date of Birth: 44970.67

Appearance

Height: 167.6 cm
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown
Characteristic elements: Can sometimes have a beard if he hasn't shaved due to laziness. His hair is medium length for a male human, and he has birthmarks in the form of red spots on his left arm.

General:

Backstory

Bradley Miller was born on the star date 44970.67 in a small rural area on Jupiter’s moon called Europa. Born to his Biological parents Valerie and Hector, he had two younger biological brothers as well, one two years younger, and one nine years younger.

Although his biological family only included five people (including himself) his family lived mostly apart from civilization with the exception of two other families. These three families lived in close proximity with each other, both in the physical sense where their houses were nearly touching, and in the emotional sense. The total occupancy of these three houses was 23 people.

Because of these circumstances, Bradley always considered his family to include his neighbors as well. Still to this day, in his eyes he has 5 sisters, 10 brothers, 6 parents, and 1 grandparent.

At the age of 14 years, one of his sisters (non-biological) named Bailey died while in the city nearest them. The circumstance of the death was a murder, although the motive was never determined. It is speculated that perhaps the perpetrator of the crime was mentally ill. The death came as a shock to Bradley and his family, and still to this day referencing her or the event brings great discomfort to Bradley.

At a very young age Bradley began to show an interest in the field of mathematics and mechanical science. Mathematics, mechanical engineering, and computer sciences were his favorite topics in school, whereas Biology and History often bored him, and sometimes even physically put him to sleep.

He was never recognized for his physical talents, but his mental talents were well above average. He was very successful in school and exceeded in every class that he put his mind to, even if it bored him. Physically however he did not reach the same success. He was very lightweight, and couldn’t lift more than about half of what he weighed. Due to his body structure however he was a runner. Not exceptionally fast, he also couldn’t run exceptionally far, however it was enough for him to express a desire to join his school’s track team. He never made varsity, but enjoyed himself none-the-less.

In school he was once placed into the hospital after fainting from an unknown cause during swim class. Upon further investigation, it was determined that he actually had acute fear of water. Not quite a phobia, but any body of water larger than a bathtub peaked his fears. Upon further investigation it was also determined that large insects had the same effect.

Outside of his studies Bradley had a hobby for 21st century sports. He enjoyed watching archived videos of Motor Racing, Football, and Gridiron Football, and whenever he found an available holodeck he would attempt to create and play a game of his own. In addition to his schoolwork, he studied these topics to a great depth as well.

Bradley is rather outgoing, likes to make friends and have conversations with them. He does his best not to judge people, and is quick to forgive small offenses. He appears confident, but his thoughts betray otherwise. He is an extremely emotional individual, who often lacks self-confidence and self-respect.

Bradley, like one of his older (non-biological) brothers named Charlie, was born with a strong sense of duty and a desire to help people. This was his motivation to join Starfleet at the age of 18. Though he dearly misses his family, and writes them a letter every 14 days, he feels he has an obligation to help those around him, and to try to contribute something to the universe, though he often questions where this obligation originates from, and often questions if his entire existence is somehow flawed.

Career

Enlisted or Officer?: Either or, I've done both. *Winky face*
Department preference 1: Engineering
Department Preference 2: Flight Control

Sample Post

Bradley set down his simple (and small) duffle bag on the deck as the door closed behind him. A lot had happened recently, and Bradley had once again gotten a transfer order from Starfleet ... it seemed like he may be cursed to forever being a nomadic officer in space ... which seemed more like a good sitcom than a good lifestyle. He looked around his temporary quarters as he stood just inside the room, his gaze sweeping from left to right and then back again.

He was impressed. The room was huge ... that was the first thing he noticed. It was exactly 67.4 square meters, though Bradley's mental observation of it wasn't quite as exact, opting for 'very large' instead of the numerical measurement. He also noticed the doors on either end of the room, one presumably opening into a separate bedroom and another opening into ... somewhere else? The room was very well decorated, with the generic pictures (there were two, both of which were huge in and of themselves, 1.4 square meters) of the starbase that they were on. There were five plants spaced through out the room, Bradley guessing that they were supposed to generate and promote calm and peaceful thoughts in humanoids, though without having an education in botany and psychology it was just a guess. Two separate couch like pieces sat next to a huge window looking out into the stars, and a dining table for four (or two) sat closer to the door and the replicator.

Bradley sucked in a quiet sigh of awe. Starbase Athena was new, so new in fact that not all of the exterior had been painted yet ... but that apparently meant they had the latest and greatest in quarters and other technology/amenities. Bradley took just a few more moments to take it all in ... and then he took his first step into his future.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller   Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 2:06 pm

Welcome to Aurora Fleet, Mr Miller!

Your application is exceptional and, since we have no played engineers at the moment, I have no problems appointing you Chief Engineer with the rank of Lieutenant.

Please reply to this message with your choice of whether you would like to serve on the USS Phoenix or Starbase Athena.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org

PostSubject: Re:   Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:
Welcome to Aurora Fleet, Mr Miller!

Your application is exceptional and, since we have no played engineers at the moment, I have no problems appointing you Chief Engineer with the rank of Lieutenant.  

Please reply to this message with your choice of whether you would like to serve on the USS Phoenix or Starbase Athena.

Thank you very much!

I have no preference as to either the Phoenix or Athena. As with my time in Shadow Fleet, I'll go where I'm needed most.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller   Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 5:58 am

Bradley Miller wrote:

Thank you very much!

I have no preference as to either the Phoenix or Athena. As with my time in Shadow Fleet, I'll go where I'm needed most.

In which case, I am delighted to assign you to the USS Phoenix!

We're still working on finalising our first few missions, so until then, feel free to interact with the other characters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller   Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reporting for Duty - Bradley Miller
Page 1 of 1