Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)

Go down 
+19
Arlan Opran
Corman Stark
Gabriel Arthur
Conor Terell
Safefta Pardek
Raynor Hughes
Mira
Rachel Deacon
Rama
Zero Alpha
Leela Kaz
Myree Grell
Kintiss
Julia Rellek
Nelkar Epath
Ilana Telak
Kejal Buris
Persephone M'Rai
Archangel T'Koris
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave

In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 5:55 am

NPC wrote:
In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 Salek2_zpststt2bts
Captain Salek

Well.  A Q.  Typical, Salek thought, though he wasn't sure if he meant 'typical' for Starfleet, or just for T'Koris and her crew.  Almost as if the unannounced presence of an extradimensional childlike god-king deity was her fault.  He was slightly unnerved that he felt the need to apply that blame without proper aforethought.

Like all commanding officers, Salek was well-briefed on the Q beings.  It was, of course, infinitely illogical to argue or fight them.  Does a fool stand outside and rail at the sandstorms that burnished the stones?  Of course not.  Instead, he sidled next to Lieutenant Pardek, hands clasped behind his ramrod-straight back.

"Does...this happen often?"

[Gathering]

Safefta was glad to note, in a glance to Archangel, that she was not the only person in the practice of carton concealed weaponry around. She cared not to brandish hers in front of this particular foe, however. To incite a Q's wrath would be a most foolhardy move.

She was pleased as well when she noticed the Vulcan captain moving over. From there, she could better protect him, as foolish as the notion was against a Q entity.

"It does not," she answered stiffly, but it was clear her mind was not focused on conversation. She was more concerned that this Q mentioned 'gifts'. She imagined they were not very pleasant.

"Since it is logical to assume you will give these gifts to us regardless of whether we care to receive them, I suppose you must deliver them," she said aloud to the entity. Her tone carried no inflection, but she was still highly suspicious.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 4:25 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Technically, there were no seasons in space. However, that didn't mean that he couldn't appreciate the Winter simulation that occurred around him. Winter was, of course, his favorite season, at least on more temperate planets. On his own, it got a little bitter. That didn't matter here, though. He enjoyed thoroughly spending it with Gavin here, either way. He could do without the sweater, but it made Gavin happy and wasn't that bad, so he wore it.

He eyed the odd glasses in Gavin's hand when he can back as he chastely returned the kiss. He had no idea what the thick white substance was, though he imagined that it was safe to consume. "What is it?"

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted the arrival on the other side of the room, and the guarded air that everyone was giving it. "Oh, no you don't," he said, more to himself than anyone else. The last time strange people came to a Christmas gathering, they started airing everyone's laundry. He didn't need that again. He most certainly would not get involved, and would much more happily devote his attention to his boyfriend instead.

Gavin's verbal treatise on the greatness of eggnog was cut mercilessly short by the arrival of Q and her elf. Or maybe just Q. The tag-alongs that showed up at Christmas tended to be visual hallucinations. Or...whatever they were.

Everyone seemed to be warily eyeing the thing, rectangular gift boxes that Q's elf was handing out. Without good reason, really, if you thought about it. The Q entity could smash the ship between her fingers if she truly wanted to hurt them. However, survival instincts being what they were...nobody really wanted a gift like that.

Gavin glanced at Thelos as the Andorian's body posture changed. He quietly reached down, gripping a blue hand in his, both in reassurance and to make sure Thelos didn't do anything rash. His boyfriend was a former guardsman, and Gavin knew that it was absurd to think that a skinny scientist like him could back Thelos in a fight.

But he'd be damned if he didn't try.

"Let's just be quiet," he breathed, "and hopefully it'll be over soon?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 7:57 pm

NPC wrote:
"Don't bother," Q replied, holding her hand out to Admiral Deacon without even looking at her.  "I'm not really that interested in hearing what you'd have to say, even if you could hold a conversation on my level."

Slowly turning, Q pursed her lips and allowed her gaze to take in the entire room, pulling off one of her thin, white gloves, finger by finger.  "Well.  You may...pretend...to have gained some manners," she said, turning to Archangel and cocking her head, a long-suffering look painted on her face. "But I know differently.  Look at you!"  She returned her attention to the room at large. "You're practically ready to bite my throat out.  Which one shoots first?  My poor elf is beside himself," she smirked, as the elfin companion slumped his green-and-red-clad shoulders.  

"Not that it matters," she continued.  "I am not here to list your transgressions, of which there are legion.  No...this is Christmas.  I've come bearing...gifts."

Even though she didn't trust the Q entity any more than she trusted, say, Ikelos, Archangel's hand slowly retreated back to her side from where it had been creeping toward the knife she kept up her sleeve. Reassurances from Q were hardly reliable, but they were the best thing she had to go on. Also, a knife was hardly going to make a dent in her.

"Gifts? Just strings are attached to them?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 8:16 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Even if his hawk-like Klingon vision wasn't good enough, Raynor would have been able to tell that something wasn't wrong from just the sensation running along the back of his neck and in the base of his spine.  Every warrior developed a sense about such things.

He recognized the being, both from the encounter last year and from "her" appearance as a figure from the mythology of his father's world.  It was almost as if this Q was a herald of coming changes, especially considering the fallout from last Christmas gathering.  It had been the night when he and Ilana had come to terms with their feelings for one another, the first time they'd made love as a couple.  Very eventful.  If he were given to philosophical musing, Raynor might dwell on all it meant to have Q here once again.

Unfortunately, he was just annoyed by the damnable woman.

Reaching behind his back, Raynor worked loose the d'k tahg he kept tucked there, glancing at Ilana.  "I wonder if they bleed."

Still unsettled by the Bajoran's comments, Ilana was keeping close to Raynor's side, seeking the sense of safety and security that she always felt around him. Even though he had been starting to teach her how to look after and defend herself, she knew that it was unlikely that she would ever have to fight if he was near her.

Seeing him reaching behind his back to where she knew he kept one of his d'k tahg, she grabbed his arm. Of course, she wouldn't be able to make a dent in his determination if he really wanted to attack the Q, but she was going to make an effort.

"P-p-please d-don't," she murmured urgently. "I d-d-don't w-w-want anything t-t-to h-h-happen t-to y-y-you."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 6:52 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin's verbal treatise on the greatness of eggnog was cut mercilessly short by the arrival of Q and her elf.  Or maybe just Q.  The tag-alongs that showed up at Christmas tended to be visual hallucinations.  Or...whatever they were.  

Everyone seemed to be warily eyeing the thing, rectangular gift boxes that Q's elf was handing out.  Without good reason, really, if you thought about it.  The Q entity could smash the ship between her fingers if she truly wanted to hurt them.  However, survival instincts being what they were...nobody really wanted a gift like that.

Gavin glanced at Thelos as the Andorian's body posture changed.  He quietly reached down, gripping a blue hand in his, both in reassurance and to make sure Thelos didn't do anything rash.  His boyfriend was a former guardsman, and Gavin knew that it was absurd to think that a skinny scientist like him could back Thelos in a fight.  

But he'd be damned if he didn't try.

"Let's just be quiet," he breathed, "and hopefully it'll be over soon?"
[Gathering]

Thelos was trying-- oh so valiantly trying-- not to be agitated by the situation at hand. It wasn't working. He couldn't help it-- all powerful entities with a sadistic streak tended to get his hackles up. Something about being a helpless doctor in a room with someone who thought hurting or upsetting people was funny.

Still, he remembered last time. His rash tendencies towards people like this had gotten him into trouble then. He didn't want to do that again. The squeeze to his hand was more than enough incentive to stay where we was. He played his other hand over Gavin's, and managed a chagrined smile.

"Don't worry, love. I've got no intention of drawing attention this time," he muttered back. Laying low seemed best. Why poke at the dragon?
Back to top Go down
Nelkar Epath
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Purple Heart
Posting Excellence

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 6:59 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Still unsettled by the Bajoran's comments, Ilana was keeping close to Raynor's side, seeking the sense of safety and security that she always felt around him.  Even though he had been starting to teach her how to look after and defend herself, she knew that it was unlikely that she would ever have to fight if he was near her.

Seeing him reaching behind his back to where she knew he kept one of his d'k tahg, she grabbed his arm.  Of course, she wouldn't be able to make a dent in his determination if he really wanted to attack the Q, but she was going to make an effort.

"P-p-please d-don't," she murmured urgently.  "I d-d-don't w-w-want anything t-t-to h-h-happen t-to y-y-you."

Nelkar had done a fairly good job of ignoring the utter nonsense flittering about. Well, ignoring wasn't accurate. He was acutely aware of everything around him... He just chost not to be party to the ridiciuous man in his costume or the shrew of a woman that followed. He would have stayed along that path if he hadn't observed everyone's guarded reactions.

Clearly, something had happened here with this woman in the past. Whatever it was, it hadn't been pretty. Just what he needed-- a fight. Bad leg or no, however, the former Gul wasn't about to stand defenseless. In that, if nothing else, he and Raynor were of the same mind. This woman sounded cloying and irritating.

Superiority complexes didn't fit human faces.

He heard ilana., and paused. For someone who'd mention numerous times the strength of her clean on mate, she certainly seemed convinced that an attack here would be fruitless. How interesting. This enemy could be deceptively strong... Whatever it was.

"Perhaps she's correct," he said blandly. "I'd certainly be loathe to see anyone unduly injured."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 8:25 pm

In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 Q2_zps19016a65

Smirking, Q smugly surveyed the entirety of the room.  These crude beings amused 'her', though their manners approached something near naked barbarity.  "No strings," she nodded.  "What makes you even think I need...strings?  I'm subtle because I wish to be.  If I wanted to will you into the heart of a sun, I certainly could."

Q looked to the elf with an armload of packages, and back to everyone.  One moment, the packages were held by the elf.  The next, they were in the hands of the gathered Starfleet officers.  "There you have it.  No..."insults".  No pointing out the powder keg of personality conflicts you're sitting on while gleefully striking matches."  She turned a knowing smile to Kejal and the gathered Cardassians and Klingon.  "What do you even need me to point our your shortcomings for?  Talk about beating a dead horse," she said, rolling her eyes.  

And, just like that, Q and the elf vanished.

Leaving nothing but boxes containing slinky undergarments made from the finest Tholian silk.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 11:24 am

Leela moved towards the packages that were left behind. She moved cautiously through the room afraid that the being would reappear. She then lightly picked up one of the small string like garments and couldn't help but to laugh. Looking to T'Koris she laughed again. "Sir, hopefully these aren't the next round of uniforms." She chuckled again as she tossed the garment towards her friend Zero. "Here ya go Zero. I think this was one was for you." She mused as the flimsy garment flew through the air.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 6:16 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela moved towards the packages that were left behind. She moved cautiously through the room afraid that the being would reappear. She then lightly picked up one of the small string like garments and couldn't help but to laugh. Looking to T'Koris she laughed again. "Sir, hopefully these aren't the next round of uniforms." She chuckled again as she tossed the garment towards her friend Zero. "Here ya go Zero. I think this was one was for you." She mused as the flimsy garment flew through the air.

Zero, who had been skulking in the background when the Q showed up in an attempt to stay under the radar. Last Christmas had not been a fun time when the party had first been interrupted by the same Q. She had no intention of attracting attention to herself.

What did come as a surprise to her, however, was Leela lobbing at small gift box at her. It did indeed have her name on it although, when she opened it, she found garments that she had only come across when Jiseth had wanted to do so something extra special for her to try to tempt her to happy naked fun time.

Making a concerted effort to keep the embarrassment from showing on her face, she quickly placed the lid back on the box and tried not to think about it.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 6:22 pm

NPC wrote:

Leaving nothing but boxes containing slinky undergarments made from the finest Tholian silk.

Ilana looked down at the box in her hands, curious as to what it contained but apprehensive at the same time. Could she trust a gift from Q or would it likely blow up in her face?

Curiosity won out and she gingerly lifted the top of the box. Once she was sure that it wasn't rigged to explode or something, she slid it off completely, only to find the blood rushing to her cheeks in embarrassment as she slammed it back on again.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 6:28 pm

NPC wrote:
Smirking, Q smugly surveyed the entirety of the room.  These crude beings amused 'her', though their manners approached something near naked barbarity.  "No strings," she nodded.  "What makes you even think I need...strings?  I'm subtle because I wish to be.  If I wanted to will you into the heart of a sun, I certainly could."

Q looked to the elf with an armload of packages, and back to everyone.  One moment, the packages were held by the elf.  The next, they were in the hands of the gathered Starfleet officers.  "There you have it.  No..."insults".  No pointing out the powder keg of personality conflicts you're sitting on while gleefully striking matches."  She turned a knowing smile to Kejal and the gathered Cardassians and Klingon.  "What do you even need me to point our your shortcomings for?  Talk about beating a dead horse," she said, rolling her eyes.  

Rachel wasn't all that sure that Q was finished with them, but there was still a sense of relief as the omnipotent being vanished and took her elf with her. With any luck, that would be the last she saw of the Continuum for at least another year, but she still hoped that this wasn't going to become an annual appearance.

Her next concern was the small boxes that all of the gathered personnel were holding, having been distributed by the Q's elf. She herself was holding one. A scan with her VISOR showed her that there were not triggers in the box, but she was getting a strange reading that she wasn't all that sure about identifying. Warily opening the box and slipping her hand inside, she touched a fabric she had only touched once or twice before. Turning her head to Stark, she spoke in a quiet voice:

"Is this Tholian silk?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 6:35 pm

NPC wrote:

With the Q vanishing, Archangel finally relaxed. Or at least mostly. Qs were well known for popping in and out as they pleased and she wasn't about to completely let her guard down. Instead, she went in search of Gabriel, slipping up to him and taking his hand, placing a kiss on his cheek before ruffling her girls' hair.

"I'm glad that's over."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana looked down at the box in her hands, curious as to what it contained but apprehensive at the same time.  Could she trust a gift from Q or would it likely blow up in her face?

Curiosity won out and she gingerly lifted the top of the box.  Once she was sure that it wasn't rigged to explode or something, she slid it off completely, only to find the blood rushing to her cheeks in embarrassment as she slammed it back on again.

The entire incident with Q was over almost as soon as it began. Raynor was grateful that the entity had decided not to stick around for very long this time. He remembered last year, when Q got off on airing everyone's laundry. For Ilana's sake, at least...he was relieved.

Raynor cocked an eyebrow as Ilana opened her gift box. He caught only a glimpse of the material, but recognized it as Tholian silk. Not that there was much of it to actually see. A small smile touched his lips, though he kept it under control. "Well," he quietly rumbled. "Let's not toss that out wholesale."
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 10:04 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Blinking, Conor opened the gift box. A frown creased his brow as he pulled out what could only be described as a thin strip of silk. It was too small to be a handkerchief, let alone a pair of underwear.

He noticed Leela throwing the stringy garments at Zero Alpha. A brief image flashed in his mind - one of the Trill wearing those strings. He looked to Leela, then to Zero, shaking his head. "Christ," he muttered, unknowingly echoing exactly what his father would probably say. Turning back to Opran, he grabbed another flute of drink. "I think we all need this..." he sighed, throwing back more alcohol.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 10:11 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

With the Q vanishing, Archangel finally relaxed.  Or at least mostly. Qs were well known for popping in and out as they pleased and she wasn't about to completely let her guard down.  Instead, she went in search of Gabriel, slipping up to him and taking his hand, placing a kiss on his cheek before ruffling her girls' hair.

"I'm glad that's over."

Nodding, Gabriel echoed his wife's sentiment. As unnerving as Q's visit was, Gabriel conceded that things could be worse, everything considered. Aria frowned, the features looking out-of-place on her cherubic face. "That's not real Santa," she said, with all of a toddler's conviction. "Real Santa has a beard and makes people smile."

Gabe watched in pure bemusement as Seika reached down, picking up an errant Tholian silk bikini bottom, settling the underpants on her head. "Look, Mummy!" she shouted. "I have a hat!"
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 10:15 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Her next concern was the small boxes that all of the gathered personnel were holding, having been distributed by the Q's elf.  She herself was holding one.  A scan with her VISOR showed her that there were not triggers in the box, but she was getting a strange reading that she wasn't all that sure about identifying.  Warily opening the box and slipping her hand inside, she touched a fabric she had only touched once or twice before.  Turning her head to Stark, she spoke in a quiet voice:

"Is this Tholian silk?"

"Christ," Stark muttered, almost in a complete mirror of his son. There just didn't seem to be any other interjection. Of course, being a Christmas party, the irony of it wasn't lost on him. Corman just chose not to give a damn. "It certainly is," he replied, taking up what was basically a night gown. "It's exquisite, of course...but what the hell does it mean? I can't imagine Q would come here just to pass out slinky negligees to improve our sex lives."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos was trying-- oh so valiantly trying-- not to be agitated by the situation at hand. It wasn't working. He couldn't help it-- all powerful entities with a sadistic streak tended to get his hackles up. Something about being a helpless doctor in a room with someone who thought hurting or upsetting people was funny.

Still, he remembered last time. His rash tendencies towards people like this had gotten him into trouble then. He didn't want to do that again. The squeeze to his hand was more than enough incentive to stay where we was. He played his other hand over Gavin's, and managed a chagrined smile.

"Don't worry, love. I've got no intention of drawing attention this time," he muttered back. Laying low seemed best. Why poke at the dragon?

Opening his box, Gavin held up the thin piece of Tholian silk, watching as it glittered in the ambient light, reflecting the purplish holographic snow.  Gavin wondered just what it was intended to cover, because the little slip certainly didn't look like it was intended to obfuscate to leave anything to the imagination.

A boyish, puckish grin slid onto his face as he eyed Thelos sideways.  "Don't even think about not keeping these..." he said, tossing the silken strip at the Andorian.  "I always say, it's not a party until childish gods lob unmentionables at you."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 7:20 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
The entire incident with Q was over almost as soon as it began.  Raynor was grateful that the entity had decided not to stick around for very long this time.  He remembered last year, when Q got off on airing everyone's laundry.  For Ilana's sake, at least...he was relieved.

Raynor cocked an eyebrow as Ilana opened her gift box.  He caught only a glimpse of the material, but recognized it as Tholian silk.  Not that there was much of it to actually see.  A small smile touched his lips, though he kept it under control.  "Well," he quietly rumbled.  "Let's not toss that out wholesale."

Ilana's blush deepened as Raynor commented on the contents of the gift box. She really shouldn't have been surprised that he liked the look of the underwear. That put her in quite the dilemma since, if she was only concerned by her own feelings, the underwear would be recycled before midnight. Never in her life would she choose to wear such a thing of her own accord. Raynor's interest in them, and most probably in the thought that she would model them for him, was enough to give her a crisis of indecision. How long they would stay on was another question all together.

"I g-g-guess," she murmured in reply, the blush on her face still in effect.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 7:34 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Nodding, Gabriel echoed his wife's sentiment.  As unnerving as Q's visit was, Gabriel conceded that things could be worse, everything considered.  Aria frowned, the features looking out-of-place on her cherubic face.  "That's not real Santa," she said, with all of a toddler's conviction.  "Real Santa has a beard and makes people smile."

Gabe watched in pure bemusement as Seika reached down, picking up an errant Tholian silk bikini bottom, settling the underpants on her head.  "Look, Mummy!" she shouted.  "I have a hat!"

Archangel couldn't stop the faint smile that spread over her face as she picked Aria up, settling the toddler on her hip and nuzzling her soft, blonde curls.

"You're right, kila, that wasn't the real Santa. That was a just a woman who likes to cause trouble for no reason," she replied. "The real Santa should be here soon to say hello to you and all the other children."

She followed Gabriel's bemused gaze downwards to see her eldest proudly modeling a new 'hat'. "Um, sweetheart, that's not a hat..."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 7:41 am

Corman Stark wrote:
"Christ," Stark muttered, almost in a complete mirror of his son.  There just didn't seem to be any other interjection.  Of course, being a Christmas party, the irony of it wasn't lost on him.  Corman just chose not to give a damn.  "It certainly is," he replied, taking up what was basically a night gown.  "It's exquisite, of course...but what the hell does it mean?  I can't imagine Q would come here just to pass out slinky negligees to improve our sex lives."

Having not actually realised what the garment in the box was beyond what it was made of, Rachel slid the lid back onto the box, doing her best not to let any reaction to it show on her face. A negligee? That was something that she had never even thought about getting or wearing. They never seemed to be particularly comfortable to sleep in.

"I don't think I want to think about what it means," she grumbled. "It could be that she's just trying to throw us off, playing with us as the Continuum are wont to do."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 3:59 pm

NPC wrote:

Kintiss stood silently by the sidelines as the Q entity appeared, made her speech, and then vanished, leaving everyone with gift boxes. At first, he suspected it was a drunken hallucination, but the box in his free hand felt all too real. He didn’t even need to peek at his own box to know that it was going to embarrass him, since it was having a similar effect on the rest of the crew. Deciding to bite the bullet, he opened the box.

It may as well have been empty. The Tholian Silk undergarments he’d been given were barely enough to cover his entire waist. There was no way he was either willing or even able to wear this. Perhaps the Q had anticipated that, and expected him to bare himself completely for her amusement. If that was the case, then at least the entity had good taste.
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 5:01 pm

Suddenly feeling the need to either leave the gathering or at least find something to drink that wouldn't put her out for the rest of the evening, Ilana turned around to see if there was a crowd at the drinks table or not. What she saw was that, although there were only one or two people currently helping themselves, she was now face to face with the Bajoran who had been mouthing off about her father earlier. Her eyes grew wide and, although she tried to saw 'hello' to him, all she managed to make were a few stammered, unintelligible syllables.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2016 9:11 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Suddenly feeling the need to either leave the gathering or at least find something to drink that wouldn't put her out for the rest of the evening, Ilana turned around to see if there was a crowd at the drinks table or not.  What she saw was that, although there were only one or two people currently helping themselves, she was now face to face with the Bajoran who had been mouthing off about her father earlier.  Her eyes grew wide and, although she tried to saw 'hello' to him, all she managed to make were a few stammered, unintelligible syllables.

All of a sudden, nobody really seemed to know what to do.

Of course, Raynor couldn't properly blame them. It was often hard to pick up the pieces after a visit from a Q being. He couldn't remember any documented contact between the Continuum and the Klingon Empire, though something told Raynor that such a being would find Klingons to be...less than fun after one or two tormentings.

Raynor glanced down, noting that Ilana had drifted slightly away from him and back toward one of the drink tables. That in and of itself wasn't problematic, but his eyebrows raised at seeing who was close to her - the Bajoran goldshirt from what he assumed was the Phoenix crew. The Klingon felt a surge in his blood, especially considering the trash the yIntagh had been speaking about Ilana's father earlier. Granted, the Bajoran obviously was talking about a different Telak, but his naturally-present protective instincts were kicking in.

Shifting his belt, Raynor felt the heft of the bladed weapon stuck into the back of it. He didn't plan on making a bloody mess of this gathering, but matters of honor were often taken out of the hands of the participants.
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 2:36 am

Buris looked up, having moved in to defend against the Q being, but now he looked up and saw... her in front of him. He tried to close his eyes and look away, but she tried to talk to him. Something like a 'hello'. He looked up in spite of himself and paled, his eyes widening. He opened his mouth and took a step back. He took a deep breath.

His fists tightened as he looked at her, his voice cold as he looked her over - the markings that indicated family relation in Cardassians stood out at her neck, her forehead, even her eyes and nose. "You're dead. We killed you, and your bastard family. We dropped a bomb on that compound, wiped it off the face of Bajor. How did you survive?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 3:11 am

Ilana took a step back as she read the hostility in the Bajoran's stance, clear as the stars visible out of the large viewports. A part of her mind couldn't help but wonder if this Bajoran, or others from his terrorist group, could have been responsible for the deaths of her siblings all those years ago. She didn't devote much thought to that point, far more concerned with the immediate.

Once again, it seemed that she was going to be unable to string together any coherent words, but she finally mamaged to get out through her heavy stammer:

"M-m-m-my f-f-father b-b-b-b-bartered f-f-f-for p-p-p-passage o-on a f-f-f-freighter a-away f-f-f-from B-B-Bajor f-f-for th-th-the C-C-Cardassians wh-wh-who w-w-wanted t-t-to f-f-f-flee. H-h-he w-w-wanted t-t-t-to t-t-take m-m-y m-m-m-mother a-and I s-s-s-somewhere w-w-w-we w-w-ould b-b-be s-s-safe."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)   In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the Bleak Mid-Winter (Open)
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next