Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Hark! (Open)

Go down 
+13
Jiseth
Andrew Sheridan
Thelos th'Zhela
Safefta Pardek
Raynor Hughes
Gavin Van Gelder
Gabriel Arthur
NPC
Ilana Telak
Chira Abols
Henriks Ābols
Rachel Deacon
Corman Stark
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 8:16 pm

[Starbase Athena - Reception Hall]

*Whose* idea was this, again?

Corman Stark, rear admiral (lower half) and executive officer of Starbase Athena, stood at a tall window, his back to laden banquet tables, thinking the same thought he'd been thinking for a while, now. He wasn't sure just whose idea this gathering had been, but...as much as he'd rather be doing...anything else, really...he had to admit that it wasn't that terrible of an idea.

In theory.

The crew of Aurora Fleet could use the break. Radio traffic had indicated that the April, the Appalachia, and the Phoenix were able to come in to make port. Phoenix's crew, especially. The reports from that merry little band were certainly...interesting...reading.

Garland of ground pine (replicated, naturally) decked the halls and windows, with long, red ribbons hanging down. Christmas itself wasn't that heavily celebrated on Earth anymore, and Corman knew that many other Federation cultures wouldn't have a clue as to what it was. The traditions - and the meaning - of the holiday were universal, though. Peace, joy, and remembrance.

At least there's liquor, Corman thought, taking another long pull of the bourbon. Real...and good.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 7:46 am

Stepping into the reception hall, Rachel Deacon, commanding officer of the starbase, was surprised to see that there weren't all that many people there quite yet. Then again, she was quite early.

Christmas wasn't all that familiar to the Admiral. Despite the effort made by her parents to emulate the holiday as it was back on Earth, bringing it to Vulcan just didn't work all that well. They had tried though, sitting awkwardly around the dinner table in silence.

Spotting the familiar figure of her second in command standing away from the small groups of people already gathered, Rachel made her way over.

"Not feeling the Christmas spirit, Corman? Or only feeling the liquid kind?" she asked, nodding to the glass in his hand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 7:55 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Stepping into the reception hall, Rachel Deacon, commanding officer of the starbase, was surprised to see that there weren't all that many people there quite yet.  Then again, she was quite early.  

Christmas wasn't all that familiar to the Admiral.  Despite the effort made by her parents to emulate the holiday as it was back on Earth, bringing it to Vulcan just didn't work all that well.  They had tried though, sitting awkwardly around the dinner table in silence.  

Spotting the familiar figure of her second in command standing away from the small groups of people already gathered, Rachel made her way over.

"Not feeling the Christmas spirit, Corman?  Or only feeling the liquid kind?" she asked,  nodding to the glass in his hand.

Corman was in the midst of re-filling is glass at one of the nearby tables when he heard his name called.  Raising an eyebrow, the he smiled at the admiral, nodding in greeting.  As far as he could remember, this was probably the first time his CO had called him by his first name.  A Christmas miracle? he wondered, amusedly.  "I've found that the liquid kind tends to help enhance the other," Stark said, his smile a bit rueful.  "I never was around my boy when he was growing up, so the holiday doesn't hold that much of a nostalgia for me."  

He realized, then, that it wasn't ever a good idea to start a party conversation on a down note, even if it was the truth.  "But," he continued, "it was...always a good time, growing up, for me and my sisters.  Dad was a traditionalist, with the tree and everything.  Can I get you anything to drink, ma'am?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 8:09 am

Corman Stark wrote:

Corman was in the midst of re-filling is glass at one of the nearby tables when he heard his name called. Raising an eyebrow, the he smiled at the admiral, nodding in greeting. As far as he could remember, this was probably the first time his CO had called him by his first name. A Christmas miracle? he wondered, amusedly. "I've found that the liquid kind tends to help enhance the other," Stark said, his smile a bit rueful. "I never was around my boy when he was growing up, so the holiday doesn't hold that much of a nostalgia for me."

He realized, then, that it wasn't ever a good idea to start a party conversation on a down note, even if it was the truth. "But," he continued, "it was...always a good time, growing up, for me and my sisters. Dad was a traditionalist, with the tree and everything. Can I get you anything to drink, ma'am?"

"Even my father allowed his aides to call him by his first name at the Christmas party," Rachel admonished her second gently. When she had approved this gathering, she had wanted it to be an informal time, rather than the strict rank structure that was adhered to on duty. The replicators was working, the alcohol was flowing. They just had to hope that the Romulans or the Klingons didn't decide to mount an invasion force for a couple of hours.

"I'll have a small whisky," she said with a slight smile, remembering the time the two of them had passed out drunk on her office floor during the Spore incident.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 7:09 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

"Even my father allowed his aides to call him by his first name at the Christmas party," Rachel admonished her second gently.  When she had approved this gathering, she had wanted it to be an informal time, rather than the strict rank structure that was adhered to on duty.  The replicators was working, the alcohol was flowing.  They just had to hope that the Romulans or the Klingons didn't decide to mount an invasion force for a couple of hours.

"I'll have a small whisky," she said with a slight smile, remembering the time the two of them had passed out drunk on her office floor during the Spore incident.

"One whiskey, comin' up," Corman said, grinning and winking. As much as he respected and understood the chain of command, he still preferred to keep things mostly casual. Spit-and-polish certainly had its place - woe betide the green-eared ensign who thought his bridge was a mess hall back in the day - but...he'd rather have officers actually be afraid of him for a reason, rather than because the rules say they should.

Stark handed the drink to Deacon, nodding. "There you go. Oh, look...I think some of the Phoenix officers have started to arrive."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 7:21 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

Stark handed the drink to Deacon, nodding.  "There you go.  Oh, look...I think some of the Phoenix officers have started to arrive."

Zero was not particularly happy. She had been returned to active duty, even got Ghost back from Admiral Deacon, but she was constantly looking over her shoulder, waiting for a security officer to pop up out of no where and take her back to San Francisco.

According to her social tutors, it was important to attend at least the official Christmas gathering put together by the crew of her assigned ship, which was probably the only reason that she was slinking through the doors and into the recreation hall, trying to be as unobtrusive as possible. An hour, that was all the time she had to spend there in order to satisfy some idiotic sense of duty. She eyed the alcohol laid out on one of the tables, but avoided it. There was no sense in attracting unwanted attention to herself.
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 7:41 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero was not particularly happy.  She had been returned to active duty, even got Ghost back from Admiral Deacon, but she was constantly looking over her shoulder, waiting for a security officer to pop up out of no where and take her back to San Francisco.  

According to her social tutors, it was important to attend at least the official Christmas gathering put together by the crew of her assigned ship, which was probably the only reason that she was slinking through the doors and into the recreation hall, trying to be as unobtrusive as possible.  An hour, that was all the time she had to spend there in order to satisfy some idiotic sense of duty.  She eyed the alcohol laid out on one of the tables, but avoided it.  There was no sense in attracting unwanted attention to herself.

Taking another liberal drink of whiskey, Corman very nearly spat it out when he saw who had come walking through the softly-sliding doors. "I'll be damned," he muttered, setting his glass tumbler down on a convenient table. "Has Starfleet Medical gone schizo or what? I thought they rescinded her?"

Corman shrugged. "I guess I could actually find out," he said, nodding in Zero's direction and moving that way. "Hello, Zero," Stark said, inclining his head in greeting. "Glad to see you back again."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 10:58 pm

[Starbase]

Henriks had missed the starbase, the particular bustle and mix of people that only a starbase could claim. The halls were decked with holly, ornaments, and wreaths and other decorative greens. People seemed to be walking with an extra spring in their step, extra for a handful who were the very image of "Bah humbug". Henriks, however, was bristling with excitement, like a child on Christmas eve. Christmas eve was still days away, and for whether or not he was like a child... that was up for debate. Christmas was his favorite time of year.

But there was something extra special about Christmas for Henriks this year. It was his first with his lovely lady. He couldn't wait to decorate the quarters that they now shared, set up little tree, put up a few lights. Teo was already having fun batting at the pom pom that hung on every santa hat.

Henriks lightly squeezed Chira's hand, a gesture of affection. "Shall we find the others?" he mused to her, a smile on his lips.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:20 am

Corman Stark wrote:

Taking another liberal drink of whiskey, Corman very nearly spat it out when he saw who had come walking through the softly-sliding doors.  "I'll be damned," he muttered, setting his glass tumbler down on a convenient table.  "Has Starfleet Medical gone schizo or what?  I thought they rescinded her?"  

Corman shrugged.  "I guess I could actually find out," he said, nodding in Zero's direction and moving that way.  "Hello, Zero," Stark said, inclining his head in greeting.  "Glad to see you back again."

Zero jumped slightly as she heard a deep voice behind her, quickly turning around to see the station's first officer standing there, looking at her. She stood to attention, her arms folded behind her back. She wasn't sure, but Stark seemed to be the kind of person who would report back on her.

"Admiral," she replied carefully. "I am... glad to be back?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:41 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:
[Starbase]

Henriks had missed the starbase, the particular bustle and mix of people that only a starbase could claim. The halls were decked with holly, ornaments, and wreaths and other decorative greens. People seemed to be walking with an extra spring in their step, extra for a handful who were the very image of "Bah humbug". Henriks, however, was bristling with excitement, like a child on Christmas eve. Christmas eve was still days away, and for whether or not he was like a child... that was up for debate. Christmas was his favorite time of year.

But there was something extra special about Christmas for Henriks this year. It was his first with his lovely lady. He couldn't wait to decorate the quarters that they now shared, set up little tree, put up a few lights. Teo was already having fun batting at the pom pom that hung on every santa hat.

Henriks lightly squeezed Chira's hand, a gesture of affection. "Shall we find the others?" he mused to her, a smile on his lips.

"Doesn't look like there's a whole lot of 'em here to find, yet," Chira answered, gripping his hand tightly and pulling her husband closer to her as they walked. She knew how much he adored this time of year...in a lot of ways, he was like a big kid himself. Not that Henriks wasn't mature or anything, but he'd managed to hold on to his child-like sense of fun and wonder. It was one of the myriad things that she loved about him.

And, speaking of child...

Chira's hand rested on her own abdomen, as she found it doing often of late. It wasn't like she could actually feel anything, there. Not yet. It was much, much too soon for that. But she knew that there was a life growing there. She also hadn't told her husband yet. There just hadn't seemed like a good time to do it, not in the proper way that she'd wanted to. Some way...memorable.

The medical info, though, was on a padd, and the padd was wrapped in a gift box that she carried in tucked under her arm, green and tied with a red ribbon. She'd playfully refused to tell him what was in the box, insisting on waiting for tonight.

"Oh, look...there's Zero," she said. "Though, she looks rather preoccupied with the admirals. Should we go save her?"
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:47 am

Zero Alpha wrote:
Corman Stark wrote:

Taking another liberal drink of whiskey, Corman very nearly spat it out when he saw who had come walking through the softly-sliding doors.  "I'll be damned," he muttered, setting his glass tumbler down on a convenient table.  "Has Starfleet Medical gone schizo or what?  I thought they rescinded her?"  

Corman shrugged.  "I guess I could actually find out," he said, nodding in Zero's direction and moving that way.  "Hello, Zero," Stark said, inclining his head in greeting.  "Glad to see you back again."

Zero jumped slightly as she heard a deep voice behind her, quickly turning around to see the station's first officer standing there, looking at her.  She stood to attention, her arms folded behind her back.  She wasn't sure, but Stark seemed to be the kind of person who would report back on her.  

"Admiral," she replied carefully.  "I am... glad to be back?"

One look at Zero's reaction to him, and Corman immediately regretted not bringing his damn whiskey along. One of *those* days, huh? he thought, raising a hand toward the girl with a placating gesture. Even though she was an Augment, he knew she didn't have to act like an automaton.

"At ease, lieutenant," Stark said, making mental note of the fact that she wore a jay-gee's rank, instead of her full two pips. It was irritating to know that someone had reduced her rank and not told him. Perhaps Deacon knew more about it, but...apparently, nobody had seen fit to inform him. Her whole 'recalled to Medical' and returned thing stank of many hands stirring one pot. The kind of thing that instantly pissed him off about Starfleet brass. "Glad that you are back. You should have seen the amount of grievance reports and outright demands that flooded my desk when you were recalled. I could have written Commander Arthur up for insubordination at some of the language that he used," he said, a soft smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:59 am

Corman Stark wrote:

One look at Zero's reaction to him, and Corman immediately regretted not bringing his damn whiskey along.  One of *those* days, huh? he thought, raising a hand toward the girl with a placating gesture.  Even though she was an Augment, he knew she didn't have to act like an automaton.

"At ease, lieutenant," Stark said, making mental note of the fact that she wore a jay-gee's rank, instead of her full two pips.  It was irritating to know that someone had reduced her rank and not told him.  Perhaps Deacon knew more about it, but...apparently, nobody had seen fit to inform him.  Her whole 'recalled to Medical' and returned thing stank of many hands stirring one pot.  The kind of thing that instantly pissed him off about Starfleet brass.  "Glad that you are back.  You should have seen the amount of grievance reports and outright demands that flooded my desk when you were recalled.  I could have written Commander Arthur up for insubordination at some of the language that he used," he said, a soft smile on his face.

The young woman's expression softened slightly as she listened to Stark joking about the complaints he had received about her sudden removal from active service by Starfleet Medical. Despite the fact that she still had a hard time wrapping her head around the concept, it would appear that she had more friends, or at least more people who considered her useful, than she had previously believed if they were complaining about her absence.

"Thank you, sir," she replied. "I have been able to be of service to that Arthur-T'Koris family on several occasions. I value their opinion of me.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 12:19 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

"Doesn't look like there's a whole lot of 'em here to find, yet," Chira answered, gripping his hand tightly and pulling her husband closer to her as they walked.  She knew how much he adored this time of year...in a lot of ways, he was like a big kid himself.  Not that Henriks wasn't mature or anything, but he'd managed to hold on to his child-like sense of fun and wonder.  It was one of the myriad things that she loved about him.

And, speaking of child...

Chira's hand rested on her own abdomen, as she found it doing often of late.  It wasn't like she could actually feel anything, there.  Not yet.  It was much, much too soon for that.  But she knew that there was a life growing there.  She also hadn't told her husband yet.  There just hadn't seemed like a good time to do it, not in the proper way that she'd wanted to.  Some way...memorable.

The medical info, though, was on a padd, and the padd was wrapped in a gift box that she carried in tucked under her arm, green and tied with a red ribbon.  She'd playfully refused to tell him what was in the box, insisting on waiting for tonight.

"Oh, look...there's Zero," she said.  "Though, she looks rather preoccupied with the admirals.  Should we go save her?"

Henriks walked merrily beside Chira, glad for the warmth of her hand in his as she pulled him closer. Henriks turned his head to see where she was looking to find the pale lieutenant standing with an admiral, just as Chira had said. "Why not?" he asked with a smile, turning his gaze back to his lovely lady, noting how her hand now rested on her abdomen. It seemed like she had been doing that more often lately, with this wonderful, serene look on her face. It was because they were married now, he surmised. That had to be it. Because he felt the same way.

As they made their way over to where Zero and the admiral stood talking, Henriks' eyes flitted briefly to the box that Chira had tucked under her arm, with a grin. He begged her all morning to tell him what was inside. He'd even tried shaking it gently to see if he could tell. But as of yet, he still had no idea. He would just have to wait until Chira decided to tell him, and the suspense... And so he began to humm, trying desperately to contain his excitement.
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

The young woman's expression softened slightly as she listened to Stark joking about the complaints he had received about her sudden removal from active service by Starfleet Medical.  Despite the fact that she still had a hard time wrapping her head around the concept, it would appear that she had more friends, or at least more people who considered her useful, than she had previously believed if they were complaining about her absence.

"Thank you, sir," she replied.  "I have been able to be of service to that Arthur-T'Koris family on several occasions.  I value their opinion of me.

Stark nodded, the silence filling the void left in the absence of conversation.  "Ah...yes.  They mentioned how you helped deliver their kid.  Ara, or whatever her name is.  Adorable little one, isn't she?"  He absently reached for his drink, remembering that he'd left it on the table.  "Well.  Can I get you anything to drink?" Corman noticed that a few more of the officers had started to fill in. A few of them, he remembered seeing on the station, before the Phoenix took a goodly chunk of their staff.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

Stark nodded, the silence filling the void left in the absence of conversation.  "Ah...yes.  They mentioned how you helped deliver their kid.  Ara, or whatever her name is.  Adorable little one, isn't she?"  He absently reached for his drink, remembering that he'd left it on the table.  "Well.  Can I get you anything to drink?"  Corman noticed that a few more of the officers had started to fill in.  A few of them, he remembered seeing on the station, before the Phoenix took a goodly chunk of their staff.

"Aria," Zero corrected softly. Names had been important to her ever since she had realised that, although she had a designation, she had never really had a true name. 'Zero Alpha' was just a play on her designation. It defined her in a sense, but not completely. "Yes, she is aesthetically pleasing for a child of her age."

As Stark gestured to the drinks table, she looked at the variety of alcoholic beverages with longing. She desperately wanted a drink, but she knew that any hint of that getting back to Starfleet Medical was another excuse for them to call her back.

"Water, please. I have been forbidden from partaking in alcohol."

Her gaze roamed over the other people starting to gather in the hall and recognised Chira and Henriks, family to the Arthur-T'Korises, making their way over. She inclined her head to them.

"Greetings," she said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:57 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Corman Stark wrote:

Stark nodded, the silence filling the void left in the absence of conversation.  "Ah...yes.  They mentioned how you helped deliver their kid.  Ara, or whatever her name is.  Adorable little one, isn't she?"  He absently reached for his drink, remembering that he'd left it on the table.  "Well.  Can I get you anything to drink?"  Corman noticed that a few more of the officers had started to fill in.  A few of them, he remembered seeing on the station, before the Phoenix took a goodly chunk of their staff.

"Aria," Zero corrected softly.  Names had been important to her ever since she had realised that, although she had a designation, she had never really had a true name.  'Zero Alpha' was just a play on her designation.  It defined her in a sense, but not completely.  "Yes, she is aesthetically pleasing for a child of her age."

As Stark gestured to the drinks table, she looked at the variety of alcoholic beverages with longing.  She desperately wanted a drink, but she knew that any hint of that getting back to Starfleet Medical was another excuse for them to call her back.

"Water, please.  I have been forbidden from partaking in alcohol."

Her gaze roamed over the other people starting to gather in the hall and recognised Chira and Henriks, family to the Arthur-T'Korises, making their way over.  She inclined her head to them.

Corman was surprised to hear that Zero wasn't "allowed" to have a drink, but he only nodded. "Very well. Water it is. Better for you anyway, right?" Turning to the table, the admiral poured a glass and handed it to the Augment. As a second thought, he poured one for himself. "Joie," Corman said, quirking an eyebrow and taking a drink of water.

Thankfully, the Abols family had arrived, saving him from further awkward conversation with the pale junior officer. She was too...everything...for Corman's comfort level. Too precise. Too beautiful. Too...perfect, in the other worldly sense, he thought. Which wasn't surprising, considering where she'd come from. Still...se was a good kid.

"Hello," Corman said, greeting the doctors. "Haven't seen you pair since the wedding...congratulations."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Henriks walked merrily beside Chira, glad for the warmth of her hand in his as she pulled him closer. Henriks turned his head to see where she was looking to find the pale lieutenant standing with an admiral, just as Chira had said. "Why not?" he asked with a smile, turning his gaze back to his lovely lady, noting how her hand now rested on her abdomen. It seemed like she had been doing that more often lately, with this wonderful, serene look on her face. It was because they were married now, he surmised. That had to be it. Because he felt the same way.

As they made their way over to where Zero and the admiral stood talking, Henriks' eyes flitted briefly to the box that Chira had tucked under her arm, with a grin. He begged her all morning to tell him what was inside. He'd even tried shaking it gently to see if he could tell. But as of yet, he still had no idea. He would just have to wait until Chira decided to tell him, and the suspense... And so he began to humm, trying desperately to contain his excitement.

Chira noted how Henriks kept looking at the gift box, smiling at the thought of him climbing the walls trying to figure out what it was. She had a brief mental image of him as a young boy, shaking gifts under the tree. We'll have our own little ones, soon enough, she thought. And they'll be shaking gifts under the tree on their own.

Zero Alpha wrote:
Her gaze roamed over the other people starting to gather in the hall and recognised Chira and Henriks, family to the Arthur-T'Korises, making their way over. She inclined her head to them.

Corman Stark wrote:
"Hello," Corman said, greeting the doctors. "Haven't seen you pair since the wedding...congratulations."

Nodding and smiling at the greetings, Chira leaned up and gave the Augment a little peck on the cheek. "Hey Zero." She wasn't entirely sure what the girl thought of her, but Chira was genuinely glad to see the Augment again. Straightening, she nodded again to Admiral Stark. "Sir. Thank you. We got the bottle of springwine you sent...it was a fantastic vintage."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

Corman was surprised to hear that Zero wasn't "allowed" to have a drink, but he only nodded.  "Very well.  Water it is.  Better for you anyway, right?"  Turning to the table, the admiral poured a glass and handed it to the Augment.  As a second thought, he poured one for himself.  "Joie," Corman said, quirking an eyebrow and taking a drink of water.

Zero accepted the glass of water from Stark, casting another, brief look at the table laden with forbidden fluids. Maybe in a month or so, once she had proved that she could behave herself, she could start drinking again. Maybe.

Her expression turned slightly confused at the Admiral's use of what seemed to be a foreign word. She sighed inwardly, tucking it away in a corner of her mind to be analysed later. Stupid human customs and practices were so confusing.

Chira Abols wrote:
Nodding and smiling at the greetings, Chira leaned up and gave the Augment a little peck on the cheek. "Hey Zero." She wasn't entirely sure what the girl thought of her, but Chira was genuinely glad to see the Augment again. Straightening, she nodded again to Admiral Stark. "Sir. Thank you. We got the bottle of springwine you sent...it was a fantastic vintage."

It took a great deal of effort for the Augment not to flinch or pull a face at the frankly unhygenic practise that some humans had of kissing others in greeting. She didn't know where Chira had been, nor could Chira know where Zero had been. And surely using a gesture usually associated with romantic relationships would not sit well with her husband?

"Hello, Chira. How are you?" she said politely, tucking yet more confusion away to study later.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 8:36 pm

Christmas was a memory to Andrew Sheridan. It was a bitter sweet one considering that both of his beloved parents had been slain by the Borg. Since that time, he had never celebrated Christmas. That wasn't even quite true. After the fall of Earth to their nemesis...his nemesis...Christmas had become a thing of the past. It was linked forever to a more peaceful and joyous time in Andrew's life, but without his parents...he just hadn't bothered. It was as if losing them...losing the Earth he grew up on was just too much for him to celebrate the ancient holiday. Nor had it been required on Vulcan where he had been fostered.

He smiled slightly at the memory of their cat nearly knocking over the tree one year when they were all together. Mithrandir had been his name....named after one of Andrew's favorite characters from an old story written by Tolkien called The Lord of the Rings. The grey cat had always been mischievous, but Andrew had loved the little rascal dearly. His mother that year had actually not been in her Starfleet uniform...one of the rare times he had seen her in civilian clothing all relaxed. There had been hot chocolate, waffles with blueberry homemade topping, cool whip, scrambled eggs with colby jack cheese, and a feast later on with just the three of them...and Mithrandir.

Now, he stood there at the entrance to the party uncertain if he should even attend. After all, he hadn't bothered in several years since the assimilation of his Earth...so why start now...

The answer came in two forms...

First, the crew of the PHOENIX had become family...or at least good companions. They had been through an awful lot already just in the first two assignments he had been on...only one of which he had been officially assigned to the starship for. This would be a good way to know more of them...something he believed to be key to working better with them in the future.

The second part was to honor the memory of his parents. He had realized that by not celebrating; he was denying a part of their teachings, and thus a part of them. That, to the young Ops officer, was unacceptable.

And so, Andrew Sheridan found himself surveying the beginnings of merriment, decorations, food, and so forth. The two Admirals were already present...neither of which he had met as yet. Some of the Medical staff had also arrived; which reminded him to get his physical done at the next opportunity. None of them he had as yet spoken with; though he recalled that one of them had been saved during their capture from some rock slide or cave-in. He had been a tad busy to even talk to them at the time considering the ship was in peril, and they had been trying to secure her.

Well, here we go...
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 8:50 pm

It had been a task and a half to get her family out of their quarters on the ship and onto the station, but Archangel finally had both of her daughters and her husband in tow as they headed for the reception hall where the Fleet Christmas gathering was taking place.

For the first time in years, Seika was walking without the aid of crutches or braces and, although her movement remained stiff and uncoordinated, it was movement that could only get better now that she could do it on her own. Aria was perched on Archangel's hip, giggling and clapping her hands. The pair of them knew what Christmas traditions entailed, and both of them were jumping around with excitement even though the day itself was still a week or so away.

As the family arrived at the hall, Archangel spotted one of her crew standing close to the door, apparently frozen there. She recognised him as Andrew Sheridan, one of her operations officers. She had read about his particular case in his file and her maternal side immediately started to feel sorry for him. She wondered about inviting him to share Christmas with her family.

"Hello, Andrew," she greeted him warmly, shifting the toddler on her hip as Aria wriggled and waved at the young man. "Are you planning on joining the party or standing in the doorway?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 10:36 pm

[Elsewhere - Habitat Ring]

The habitation section of Starbase Athena was fairly deserted, with many off either on the skeleton Beta Shift, attending the crew party, or off doing their own thing. Raynor knew from experience that the 'lower decks' would not at all be comfortable going to an 'officer's' party, even though there were no specific prohibitions against it. It was...different...from the Klingon way. On Klingon ships, one of the main stratifications at gatherings was your drinking prowess.

Raynor walked along the corridors, his boots making a racket, as they tended to do, along with the clink sound of the bottles in his bundle. Whatever was going to be served at this gathering, he was sure that real warnog wouldn't be on the menu. And so he'd decided to fix that oversight himself.

Once the Klingon arrived, he reached over and keyed the chime for Ilana's door. Raynor would have preferred to skip this gathering altogether, but as exchange officer, one of his duties was to partake in cultural events...such as the celebration of the Ancient Earth traditions. Christmas itself had never been that important to his childhood. It was not that popular, even among the human settlements of Arcanis. Ah, well, he thought. At least she'll be suffering through this foolishness with me. That was one of the things about Ilana...the Cardassian could make anything bearable.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 6:30 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
[Elsewhere - Habitat Ring]
Once the Klingon arrived, he reached over and keyed the chime for Ilana's door.  Raynor would have preferred to skip this gathering altogether, but as exchange officer, one of his duties was to partake in cultural events...such as the celebration of the Ancient Earth traditions.  Christmas itself had never been that important to his childhood.  It was not that popular, even among the human settlements of Arcanis.  Ah, well, he thought.  At least she'll be suffering through this foolishness with me.  That was one of the things about Ilana...the Cardassian could make anything bearable.

[Officer's Quarters]

For once, Ilana had actually been resting when the door chime sounded. Half-curled on her heating rock, her favourite place to snooze, she sighed quietly and called for the computer to let her guest in, knowing that it would be Raynor.

She gave a wide yawn, shifting herself into a sitting position and scratching at a scale. She wasn't sure if he knew about her most recent visit to the Starbase's medical facility, when she had returned from the Phoenix's most recent mission and had to go and get the wire that linked her implants replaced. The operation had been quick and relatively easy when compared to the initial installation of the implants, but it had still thrown her slightly.

Knowing that her best friend was going to be coming by to meet her so that they could go to the Christmas gathering together, the Cardassian had taken care to change out of her uniform into civilian attire before taking a nap so that she would be ready to go when he arrived.

She smiled at Raynor, slipping off the rock and stretching. "H-hello, Raynor!" she greeted him warmly.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 7:37 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

It took a great deal of effort for the Augment not to flinch or pull a face at the frankly unhygenic practise that some humans had of kissing others in greeting.  She didn't know where Chira had been, nor could Chira know where Zero had been.  And surely using a gesture usually associated with romantic relationships would not sit well with her husband?

"Hello, Chira.  How are you?" she said politely, tucking yet more confusion away to study later.

Chira noted, with not small bit of unease, how awkward Zero seemed about the greeting. She was well aware of how abbreviated the Augment's experience with interpersonal relationships was. When Zero and Jiseth had been together, the Romulan had definitely taken charge of things. Chira had the feeling that Zero had just kind of...followed along, and tried to keep up.

Still. Wherever Zero had gone to in her abrupt LOA, it seemed like it set her back quite a bit. "I'm good," Chira smiled, holding up her husband's hand. Since they were off-duty, they'd elected to wear the wedding rings. "I have to say, though, we were surprised to find you gone once we returned from Bajor."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 7:56 am

Chira Abols wrote:

Still.  Wherever Zero had gone to in her abrupt LOA, it seemed like it set her back quite a bit.  "I'm good," Chira smiled, holding up her husband's hand.  Since they were off-duty, they'd elected to wear the wedding rings.  "I have to say, though, we were surprised to find you gone once we returned from Bajor."

Spotting the wedding rings, Zero had a brief flash of panic as she tried to remember the appropriate phrases and protocol in dealing with a newlywed couple. With most other people, she wouldn't have bothered, but Chira had always been kind to her.

"I offer my congratulations on your nuptials?" she said cautiously before looking down at her boots as Chira brought up her abrupt departure. "My return to Earth was not foreplanned. I received a message and was obliged to leave immediately." Shifting nervously, she searched her rather limited bank of small talk for another subject to bring up. "I have heard that you are attempting to add members to your family unit by means of procreation. You have my assistance, should you need it."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 8:16 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Spotting the wedding rings, Zero had a brief flash of panic as she tried to remember the appropriate phrases and protocol in dealing with a newlywed couple.  With most other people, she wouldn't have bothered, but Chira had always been kind to her.

"I offer my congratulations on your nuptials?" she said cautiously before looking down at her boots as Chira brought up her abrupt departure.  "My return to Earth was not foreplanned.  I received a message and was obliged to leave immediately."  Shifting nervously, she searched her rather limited bank of small talk for another subject to bring up.  "I have heard that you are attempting to add members to your family unit by means of procreation.  You have my assistance, should you need it."

"And I accept your congratulations," Chira smiled, though all this talk about being 'obliged' to return to Earth was discomforting. She knew that Starfleet Medical did not fully think of Zero as a real person, with her own ideas and thoughts and goals. It was sickening.

The comment about the family, though, caught Chira completely by surprise. Had she been drinking something, she probably would have spit it up. "Ah...well. Yes. We're...attempting...to procreate." Chira could swear that Admiral Stark was covering up a laugh. If she had that same drink, she probably would have thrown it at him. "I think we're fine with old-fashioned methods for now," Chira murmured.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hark! (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hark! (Open)
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next