Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Hark! (Open)

Go down 
+13
Jiseth
Andrew Sheridan
Thelos th'Zhela
Safefta Pardek
Raynor Hughes
Gavin Van Gelder
Gabriel Arthur
NPC
Ilana Telak
Chira Abols
Henriks Ābols
Rachel Deacon
Corman Stark
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Hark! (Open) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 3:54 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Arthur-T'Koris Quarters]

Gabe noted with satisfaction the pleased sounds his wife was making under the ministrations of his fingers.  There certainly was a hell of a lot of work for him to do - her shoulders and back often felt like working through steel cables.  Nevertheless, it made him feel good to make her feel good, and to take the stress of everything off of those shoulders...if only for a brief time.

"Hmm..." Gabriel said, still working at massaging.  "I seem to have nabbed something from the party."  Reaching into his back pocket, he pulled out a sprig of mistletoe.  Reaching over Archangel's shoulder, he held out the plant for her to see.  "Looks like we have to follow the unwritten Rules of Christmas," he said, his grin rather puckish.  

"Mmm?" Archangel opened one eye, one eyebrow raised in question as she looked up at what Gabriel was dangling over their heads. She frowned for a moment, working it out through the fog of relaxation that had settled in her mind from Gabriel's touches. Then, a slow smile spread over her face. "Mistletoe, Mr Arthur? How... sneaky of you," she said, turning to face him. "I suppose we'll just have to follow tradition, won't we?"

She reached up, trailing the backs of her fingers over his cheeks before cupping his jaw, applying a light pressure in the hope of drawing him closer for the slow, tender kisses they both enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 4:04 am

Jiseth wrote:

"Weeks..." she repeated softly. It broke her heart knowing that a single hour in their "care" was torture. Jiseth had been gone months which only added to the caustic atmosphere they seemed to be surrounded by. The powers that be seemed to enjoy the hardships they placed on the two.

It was bittersweet, to be thrown back into the turmoil, but that hand that held onto Jiseth's. She tugged at it and took Zero with her other arm. A brief moment to look into her eyes before pressing her lips to her Augment's.

"I love you... and we'll make something memorable out of this holiday."

[Outside Zero's Quarters]

Zero tensed at the light press of Jiseth's lips to hers, the action having become unfamiliar to her in the Romulan's absence. She forced herself to relax, to remember all of the intimate times that they had shared together. This was not new to her. She lifted a hand from where it was wrapped around Jiseth, reaching up to gently cradle the side of her head, a finger tentatively tracing the point of her ear.

From inside the quarters they were standing outside of came the sound of howling and claws scratching at metal. Apparently, Ghost was feeling left out.
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 9:49 am

Derek Black wrote:

"Cheers, Pardek. No thanks are necessary." Derek clinked glasses with her's, tapping it once against the bartop before taking a long sip. Scanning the room idyllically, he nodded towards Mrs.Claus. The remaining partygoers were slowly beginning to make their last rounds, most stopping to rub shoulders with the Admirals before leaving. "Looks like I got here a bit late. Who'd they get to dress up this year?"

Safefta's empty hand tapped briefly on top of her head. Finding nothing there, she shrugged at the chief petty officer. "At one point, someone put a hat on me and referred to me as an elf. I still do not know what an elf is," she said. "Other than that... I believe Q had enough ridiculousness to add without anyone else dressing up."

Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 9:52 am

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
USS PHOENIX - Arboretum

"Aye, I think I would love to," he whispered to her ever so softly after catching some of his breath back.  Emotions flooded him such as they never had before, and while the last part of his life had been with him being raised on Vulcan...he was still quite Human.

Something within swept him up in the emotions he was feeling...so powerful and potent....stronger than he had ever encountered.  In that instant, Andrew suddenly swept Sophie up in his arms, and carried her out of the Arboretum.  What was going to happen....he had no idea.  All he knew was he was going to carry her back to her quarters, and they would be happy.  He was nervous...which was to be expected all things considered.  His heart raced...his spirit soared....the possibilities before him seemed endless.

In the lift, Andrew saw her once again attired as a bride, but this time with him carrying her...even as he did so now. Then, the vision faded once more, and as they waited for the lift to deposit them to her deck; Andrew kissed Sophie again...deep and passionately just as she had him that last round.

Hark! (Open) - Page 10 Sophie3_zps7c854272
SCPO Sophie Callan

Sophie gave a delighted little squeak sound as Andrew actually picked her up and started to carry her into the turbolift. There wasn't really anyone around to give them strange looks...but, Sophie wouldn't have cared, anyway. Besides. Tonight seemed like the night for strange events.

What was not strange, however, were the pleasant sensations that Andrew's tenderness sent down her spine. She was in the process of running her fingers through his hair as the 'lift door opened. "Damn," Sophie playfully muttered. "Guess we're gonna have to continue this in privacy." Grinning mischievously, she laced her fingers through his, leading him to her quarters.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 9:53 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin ran a hand through his auburn mop of hair, letting out a breath.  This...could take some time.  He set his glass down, resisting the urge to re-fill it a third and fourth time.  Zero wasn't supposed to be drinking, per Starfleet Medical's directive, and so he didn't want to tempt her.  

What she said was very true, in the technical sense.  Yes, Jiseth had returned...but she'd done that one before, too.  Zero had talked about the time the Romulan had faked her death, too, during one of her and Gavin's all-night drinking sessions.  He couldn't even imagine the emotional trauma that something like that would cause.

So, then.  Was it even his place to say whether Zero should accept Jiseth back in her life?  How could he, in good conscience, do that?  Well...first thing's first.

"No, I'm afraid there isn't a formula," he said, with a completely straight face.  When one was a friend to someone like Zero, one got used to saying things like that.  "It's natural to feel like this, when you love someone.  Even if they do let you down.  It's...part of the process."  He realized that he wasn't doing that great of a job, but...what else was there to say?  "You just, sometimes...you have to decide if the reward is worth the risk."

Thelos had stayed very, very quiet when Zero had come over asking for advice. It wasn't just that he had nothing to offer- but the tall, ghost-like woman still scared him a bit and he didn't want a confrontation with her if she was upset or combative. Still, he did listen... and he felt bad, for both parties involved. He didn't know Jiseth, and he barely knew Alpha... but Thelos was a compassionate person by nature and just hoped it would work out between the two of them.

He watched the woman stride away without much of a goodbye, and Thelos breathed a sigh of relief. He turned back to Gavin, eyes now back on the PADD he had in his hand.

"I'm sorry... were you about to say something?" the Andorian asked.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 9:58 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

[Outside Zero's Quarters]

Zero tensed at the light press of Jiseth's lips to hers, the action having become unfamiliar to her in the Romulan's absence.  She forced herself to relax, to remember all of the intimate times that they had shared together.  This was not new to her.  She lifted a hand from where it was wrapped around Jiseth, reaching up to gently cradle the side of her head, a finger tentatively tracing the point of her ear.

From inside the quarters they were standing outside of came the sound of howling and claws scratching at metal.  Apparently, Ghost was feeling left out.

This had happened before. The feeling of going through the motions, but she knew better. A few kisses would not put behind them the damage she had already done. Selfish, stupid girl you are, Jiseth. She may be invisible to many, but not to this Human, this... angel who just needed her wings.

Taking Zero's hands in her own, Jiseth parted from her lover, "Why don't we take him for a walk? A holodeck perhaps?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 10:06 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Mmm?" Archangel opened one eye, one eyebrow raised in question as she looked up at what Gabriel was dangling over their heads.  She frowned for a moment, working it out through the fog of relaxation that had settled in her mind from Gabriel's touches.  Then, a slow smile spread over her face.  "Mistletoe, Mr Arthur?  How... sneaky of you," she said, turning to face him.  "I suppose we'll just have to follow tradition, won't we?"

She reached up, trailing the backs of her fingers over his cheeks before cupping his jaw, applying a light pressure in the hope of drawing him closer for the slow, tender kisses they both enjoyed.

Gabriel certainly didn't need any extra pressure from his wife's hands to draw him closer to her. A few moments later, they both had to come up for air. "And here," he said, his voice thick with both emotion and desire, "they said you weren't any good at following the rules..."

Standing, Gabriel held out his hand, pulling Archangel to her feet with him and into an embrace. The night had taken a dark turn at the party, but that was behind them. Right now, it was Christmas once again, and they had much to celebrate. Their daughter walking...all quiet on the ship and station...being together as a family, and having alone time together. There was nothing more to be asked for. "C'mon, e'lev," he said, kissing at her neck and ear. "Time for bed. I'll tuck you in..."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 10:44 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos had stayed very, very quiet when Zero had come over asking for advice. It wasn't just that he had nothing to offer- but the tall, ghost-like woman still scared him a bit and he didn't want a confrontation with her if she was upset or combative. Still, he did listen... and he felt bad, for both parties involved. He didn't know Jiseth, and he barely knew Alpha... but Thelos was a compassionate person by nature and just hoped it would work out between the two of them.

He watched the woman stride away without much of a goodbye, and Thelos breathed a sigh of relief. He turned back to Gavin, eyes now back on the PADD he had in his hand.

"I'm sorry... were you about to say something?" the Andorian asked.

Sighing, Gavin watched Zero go after her abrupt about-face. Well. Whatever she'd decided to do...he wasn't exactly sure it'd be the right thing to do, because one never knew when Zero was involved. But...it was something that she'd have to figure out, ultimately, on her own. It wasn't something he could do for her, much as he wanted to.

"Huh?" he asked, turning back to Thelos, and noticing that his boyfriend was looking at the padd. Of course, idiot...the reason you wanted to ask him? "Oh. Yeah...um." Gavin picked up his glass again, which was still full of green liquor. He downed it in one gulp, setting his innards on fire. "I...I wanted to ask you...I mean, if you thought...here," he said, handing the padd to the Andorian.

On it was a screen display of a Starfleet standard form 1259D, the formal request for permission for cohabitation between two officers. "I was...wondering...if you wanted to forward that on to the Captain and XO with me," Gavin said, his cheeks flushing a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 10:59 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Sighing, Gavin watched Zero go after her abrupt about-face.  Well.  Whatever she'd decided to do...he wasn't exactly sure it'd be the right thing to do, because one never knew when Zero was involved.  But...it was something that she'd have to figure out, ultimately, on her own.  It wasn't something he could do for her, much as he wanted to.  

"Huh?" he asked, turning back to Thelos, and noticing that his boyfriend was looking at the padd.  Of course, idiot...the reason you wanted to ask him?  "Oh.  Yeah...um."  Gavin picked up his glass again, which was still full of green liquor.  He downed it in one gulp, setting his innards on fire.  "I...I wanted to ask you...I mean, if you thought...here," he said, handing the padd to the Andorian.  

On it was a screen display of a Starfleet standard form 1259D, the formal request for permission for cohabitation between two officers.  "I was...wondering...if you wanted to forward that on to the Captain and XO with me," Gavin said, his cheeks flushing a little bit.

Thelos watched Gavin down a glass of liquor like it was a shot glass. I really hope that isn't an indicator that whatever he's about to ask me is a bad thing, he thought to himself. Well, it was Gavin... nothing his boyfriend ad ever given him had ever been a bad thing- save for maybe the Christmas sweaters. He took the small padd in his hands and quickly glanced over the header. Form 1259D... ....!

The Andorian turned purple, and even without the alcohol, he was feeling a little giddy. Oh wow... Yes. Yes. Most certainly yes. There was a nagging little thought at the back of his head that wanted to say that maybe he was rushing things, since they hadn't even told their parents about them. That part of him was blessedly trumped by the bounce of excitement that the Andorian gave.

"I'll be sure to submit it right away," he said. He was sure Solek would be pleased. The poor Vulcan had endured enough of Thelos's temperature preferences. I'll have to be a little more considerate for Gavin. With that, he pulled Gavin down and stood up on his toes to kiss him.
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 10:56 pm

Safefta Pardek wrote:

Safefta's empty hand tapped briefly on top of her head. Finding nothing there, she shrugged at the chief petty officer. "At one point, someone put a hat on me and referred to me as an elf. I still do not know what an elf is," she said. "Other than that... I believe Q had enough ridiculousness to add without anyone else dressing up."

Derek laughed uproariously, placing his drink in peril with spillage. Remedying this by polishing off the rye and ordering another, he was still chuckling as the barkeep handed him a fresh glass. "Another for her too. And with ears like yours, I can see the resemblance." He remarked, wiping the corner of his eyes mirthfully. "Although, I might be thinking of another type of...Sorry. Elves, the classic Christmas elves, are like...the worker bees of Santa's workshop. Old Earth children's legend. Story goes, Santa's elves build all the toys and games at the North Pole, and Santa flies around on a magic sleigh pulled by reindeer one night per year, delivering presents to all the good little boys and girls of the world."

Glimpsing an unused PADD over the counter, Derek deftly borrowed the device, accessing library files. "Picture paints a thousand words...that's an elf." He spun the tablet around to face Pardek.

Hark! (Open) - Page 10 Hermie+the+Elf
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 10:35 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos watched Gavin down a glass of liquor like it was a shot glass. I really hope that isn't an indicator that whatever he's about to ask me is a bad thing, he thought to himself. Well, it was Gavin... nothing his boyfriend ad ever given him had ever been a bad thing- save for maybe the Christmas sweaters. He took the small padd in his hands and quickly glanced over the header. Form 1259D...  ....!

The Andorian turned purple, and even without the alcohol, he was feeling a little giddy.  Oh wow... Yes. Yes. Most certainly yes. There was a nagging little thought at the back of his head that wanted to say that maybe he was rushing things, since they hadn't even told their parents about them. That part of him was blessedly trumped by the bounce of excitement that the Andorian gave.  

"I'll be sure to submit it right away," he said. He was sure Solek would be pleased. The poor Vulcan had endured enough of Thelos's temperature preferences. I'll have to be a little more considerate for Gavin. With that, he pulled Gavin down and stood up on his toes to kiss him.

Returning the kiss with delighted exuberance, Gavin smiled happily, still keeping contact with the Andorian's lips. They both rather tasted a bit of alcohol, but the drinking only accounted for a little bit of the warmth in his blood and the pleasing buzz in his brain. I love you, he thought, but was still too hesitant to speak. After all, the last person he'd said that to...it had not ended well. This night, crazy as it was, was too perfect to ruin. The words would come...in time.

"That sounds like a plan to me," Gavin said, grinning as he took Thelos' hand in his. "We should go to your quarters right away. Y'know," he said, kissing him again quickly and playfully, "to measure for drapes. Or...or something like that."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 11:02 am

Jiseth wrote:

This had happened before. The feeling of going through the motions, but she knew better. A few kisses would not put behind them the damage she had already done. Selfish, stupid girl you are, Jiseth. She may be invisible to many, but not to this Human, this... angel who just needed her wings.

Taking Zero's hands in her own, Jiseth parted from her lover, "Why don't we take him for a walk? A holodeck perhaps?"

As they drew apart, Zero keyed the entry code into her door, letting the bundle of white fur charge out to welcome them both back home. For Ghost, it didn't,matter how long either pf them had been away, he was just glad to have them back.

"A walk would be agreeable," Zero replied as she stroked Ghost's happy, wriggling body. "I think that we have much to talk about."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 3:31 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

As they drew apart, Zero keyed the entry code into her door, letting the bundle of white fur charge out to welcome them both back home.  For Ghost, it didn't,matter how long either pf them had been away, he was just glad to have them back.

"A walk would be agreeable," Zero replied as she stroked Ghost's happy, wriggling body.  "I think that we have much to talk about."

Agreeable... That word had a certain sting to it. The captain of the Discovery used it a fair amount. A Betazoid and Vulcan hybrid, it was an interesting aspect, but to Jiseth, it was his only interesting aspect.

She was in no short supply of apologies, however. So simple it was to have the forgiveness of a canine. The Romulan somewhat wished her crew mates could be so... well, happy, to see her. So far it had been shock and anger. Sadness. She had been missed, but perhaps next time a body or some permanent promise to not return would be preferred.

Going down the corridor, Jiseth had only a vague idea of where the holodeck was. Compared to the lengthening quiet, it seemed a minute concern. Time to start pealing away at the galaxy's most potent onion.

"The Tal'Shiar picked me up while I was on my way to the Romulan Embassy. They wanted to know about our Captain, but I didn't have any information they didn't already know. Then they wanted to know about you... I tried to resist. I sware to you I tried... They got in deep into my head. I couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't. It only stopped because I genuinely had nothing of value to them. Even right now... I have to test myself to make sure this, all of this... I have to know that I'm not back there and this is just a facade."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 5:58 pm

Jiseth wrote:
She was in no short supply of apologies, however. So simple it was to have the forgiveness of a canine. The Romulan somewhat wished her crew mates could be so... well, happy, to see her. So far it had been shock and anger. Sadness. She had been missed, but perhaps next time a body or some permanent promise to not return would be preferred.

Going down the corridor, Jiseth had only a vague idea of where the holodeck was. Compared to the lengthening quiet, it seemed a minute concern. Time to start pealing away at the galaxy's most potent onion.

"The Tal'Shiar picked me up while I was on my way to the Romulan Embassy. They wanted to know about our Captain, but I didn't have any information they didn't already know. Then they wanted to know about you... I tried to resist. I sware to you I tried... They got in deep into my head. I couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't. It only stopped because I genuinely had nothing of value to them. Even right now... I have to test myself to make sure this, all of this... I have to know that I'm not back there and this is just a facade."

[Corridors]

Having grabbed a lead from just inside the door and clipped it onto Ghost's collar, Zero followed the Romulan as she made her way down the corridor. There was a lot to say, and a lot that had to be said between them. If nothing else, they had to establish the terms of their relationship once again. The Augment wasn't sure what those terms would be.

As Jiseth began to relate what had happened to her during her absence, Zero scowled and took a few steps faster than her companion, turning and placing herself in front of the Romulan, halting their progress.

"You should report to Captain T'Koris or Admiral Deacon," she said. "While I believe that there is nothing that I can do in order to assure you that I am not a facsimile of myself, I am sure that one or other will wish to debrief you on the subject." Her expression softened slightly and she reached out to lay her fingers against Jiseth's cheek. "If it reassures you, the captain has been through similar in her time. She may be able to help you more than I."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 10:48 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

[Corridors]

Having grabbed a lead from just inside the door and clipped it onto Ghost's collar, Zero followed the Romulan as she made her way down the corridor.  There was a lot to say, and a lot that had to be said between them.  If nothing else, they had to establish the terms of their relationship once again.  The Augment wasn't sure what those terms would be.

As Jiseth began to relate what had happened to her during her absence, Zero scowled and took a few steps faster than her companion, turning and placing herself in front of the Romulan, halting their progress.

"You should report to Captain T'Koris or Admiral Deacon," she said.  "While I believe that there is nothing that I can do in order to assure you that I am not a facsimile of myself, I am sure that one or other will wish to debrief you on the subject."  Her expression softened slightly and she reached out to lay her fingers against Jiseth's cheek.  "If it reassures you, the captain has been through similar in her time.  She may be able to help you more than I."

Jiseth leaned her head towards the warm and pale palm. The faint scent of her companion was reassuring. She took her own hand and squeezed Zero's, kissing it softly. She savor end the moment. It was precious.

"Whenever I returned to you in their world, you offered no resistance to taking me back. You were more glad than hurt. I had... Hope. Everything would work out. They found all the things that I wanted. They offered them like a feast. It was tempting. So very tempting. All I had to do was accept the lie, but... I'm glad I didn't."

She looked steely-eyed to her partner. She had to know just how far she had fallen in the Augment's eyes. How much she had been hurt and was still hurting. What was her fault and what was not mattered little.

"What about you, e'lev?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 11:05 pm

[Reception Hall]

With the madness over (she hoped) for the night, things seemed to be quietening down. A good number of officers had filtered out of the reception hall, back toward their respective quarters. Many more were hitting the liquor stations pretty hard. Chira had never wanted to down kali-fal harder in her life. It was going to be a long nine months.

"I think I saw Jiseth," she said, leaning close to Henriks. She was happy to see the Romulan back, but also knew that there was a mountain of issues to work through with Zero. Chira foresaw that her office chairs would be full for a while to come. But...there wasn't much she could do about it right now. All she wanted to do was go home and curl up with her husband. "I want to run some in-depth scans and tests, first thing tomorrow," she said, twining his hand into hers. Something the Q had said about 'both' of her children. Could it be possible that she carried twins? It was probably far along enough in her pregnancy to tell.

Suddenly, Chira glanced at Henriks with a playful look on her face. "Hey, Apple," she purred, her lips close to his ear. "I didn't say that my news was my only gift for you, tonight..."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 4:14 am

Jiseth wrote:

Jiseth leaned her head towards the warm and pale palm. The faint scent of her companion was reassuring. She took her own hand and squeezed Zero's, kissing it softly. She savor end the moment. It was precious.

"Whenever I returned to you in their world, you offered no resistance to taking me back. You were more glad than hurt. I had... Hope. Everything would work out. They found all the things that I wanted. They offered them like a feast. It was tempting. So very tempting. All I had to do was accept the lie, but... I'm glad I didn't."

She looked steely-eyed to her partner. She had to know just how far she had fallen in the Augment's eyes. How much she had been hurt and was still hurting. What was her fault and what was not mattered little.

"What about you, e'lev?"

[Corridors]

Zero remained silent, thinking carefully about Jiseth's question. While it was evident that they had both endured hardships in each other's absence, both physical and mental, she couldn't say for sure how much of the blame she could rest at Jiseth's feet.

Keying a standard program into the holodeck as they reached it, she finally said: "There is no simple answer to that question."

(Moving this plotline to a separate thread so that we can close the Christmas Gathering)
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 7:48 am

[Reception Hall]

Stark shook his head, re-filling his drink. He'd lost count of how many times he'd done just that very action, tonight...considering that it was pretty much all he'd done during the Q encounter. Corman was a twenty-five year veteran of the service, and had sat for nearly a decade in the big chair. He'd had his encounters with the Continuum, too. As much as it galled, he knew that the best thing to do was keep quiet and hope the bastards got bored enough to find someone else to irritate.

You got your hands full, no doubt about that, he thought, watching as Arthur and T'Koris left with their kids. He'd hope that that particular phase of Starfleet philosophy - having families on board - was over and done with, but apparently the brass was trying it again. Brave words from someone who never had a family of his own, he thought, downing the bourbon in a single swig. He'd had enough of this party.

"Admiral," he said, approaching Deacon. "Peace and good will and all that other bullshit. I think I'm going to bed." Corman stopped, turning to Deacon and smiling. "And...Merry Christmas, Rachel," he said, before leaving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hark! (Open)
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10