Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Hark! (Open)

Go down 
+13
Jiseth
Andrew Sheridan
Thelos th'Zhela
Safefta Pardek
Raynor Hughes
Gavin Van Gelder
Gabriel Arthur
NPC
Ilana Telak
Chira Abols
Henriks Ābols
Rachel Deacon
Corman Stark
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

Hark! (Open) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 12:32 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

For the moment though, all of that was shoved to the back of his mind as he focused solely on his divinely beautiful date.  When they had beamed back to the PHOENIX and entered a lift; Andrew paused...suddenly realizing he was completely alone with her.  He suddenly had no idea of where they should go....to her quarters...to his...or perhaps to the Arboretum?  Gulping a bit, and blushing deeply; Andrew called the lift to Deck Seven...thinking a quiet walk with her in the Arboretum would be perfect.

In his pocket, he was fumbling with something he had crafted for her with the aid of the replicator.  It was her Christmas present, and he had crafted it just last week completely unaware of the party at the time.  He wondered if she would like it...

As the lift doors opened; Andrew led Sophie with his arm still around her waist to the Arboretum.  At this hour, and with the party going on...it was completely empty of anyone else present.  They had the entire place to themselves, and the lights were dimmed to match the evening hours.

"You look divine, Precious!" he whispered to her softly...his voice far warmer than it had ever been.

Hark! (Open) - Page 9 Sophie3_zps7c854272
SCPO Sophie Callan

[USS Phoenix - Arboretum]

The trip back to the ship from the Athena had passed by Sophie in a blur...caused both by the excitement of the night, and by the amount of alcohol that she'd consumed. Which, in honesty, hadn't been all that much, but she was used to synthehol and not the real thing.

It was a bit of a surprise, though, to find Andrew leading them not to his or her quarters, but to the arboretum? She quirked an eyebrow. "Alright, then...what's this? More surprises, Mr. Hero?" she asked, smiling at the feeling of his arm around her.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 12:50 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Although he was standing with Thelos, she made her way over to him and held out the two objects before saying words that took a great effort to admit to:

"Please, help me.  I do not comprehend."

Idly toying with the padd in his hand, Gavin didn't notice the white form of the Augment approaching them from the side. He glanced down at the padd, and back up to the Andorian, taking a breath. "Thel, I was wondering --" Gavin was able to say, before Zero Alpha suddenly appeared, shoving a commbadge and...a card? into his hands.

"Uhh..." Gavin said, his face a mask of puzzlement. "Hi, Zero. What..." Yes, it was definitely someone's badge. And then he read the card.

And then he understood. Genius-level intellect was good for something, after all.

Gavin gently closed the card, handing it back to Zero with a quiet sort of reverence. It almost felt like he was peeking in on an aspect of a relationship that he shouldn't be privy to. "She's trying to apologize to you."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 12:56 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Idly toying with the padd in his hand, Gavin didn't notice the white form of the Augment approaching them from the side.  He glanced down at the padd, and back up to the Andorian, taking a breath.  "Thel, I was wondering --" Gavin was able to say, before Zero Alpha suddenly appeared, shoving a commbadge and...a card? into his hands.

"Uhh..." Gavin said, his face a mask of puzzlement.  "Hi, Zero.  What..." Yes, it was definitely someone's badge.  And then he read the card.

And then he understood.  Genius-level intellect was good for something, after all.

Gavin gently closed the card, handing it back to Zero with a quiet sort of reverence.  It almost felt like he was peeking in on an aspect of a relationship that he shouldn't be privy to.  "She's trying to apologize to you."

Zero looked at her almost-cousin with a look of faint confusion written on her young features. She could get her head around the fact that Jiseth was apologising to her, but what she didn't know was how to take it from there.

"I do not know how to respond, Gavin," she replied. "Twice, she has abandoned me without any notification as to her location, nor an estimate of her return. I do not know if I can endure the emotional aspects of such a separation for a third time, yet I still crave her company. Is there a formula of some sort that can be used to calculate these variables? That can tell me what to do?"
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 1:20 pm

Arboretum

"I figured a nice quiet walk would be nice after all of that commotion at the party. Besides, it will give us some privacy with everyone else either at the party, or at parties of their own," Andrew said tenderly to her with a soft caress to her left hand.

For a time they walked in the soft light of the evening glow in the Arboretum, and only after they came to a small clearing in the flora and trees did Andrew stop. The way the light shone here made it seem as if the moon was gazing down on this spot. Smiling to himself, Andrew led Sophie over to the bench sitting there, and as the two sat...Andrew turned to her....brushing a lock of her hair to one side.

"As for surprises....Merry Christmas, Sophie," Andrew said a tad huskily as he handed her the small emerald velvet covered box.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero looked at her almost-cousin with a look of faint confusion written on her young features.  She could get her head around the fact that Jiseth was apologising to her, but what she didn't know was how to take it from there.

"I do not know how to respond, Gavin," she replied.  "Twice, she has abandoned me without any notification as to her location, nor an estimate of her return.  I do not know if I can endure the emotional aspects of such a separation for a third time, yet I still crave her company.  Is there a formula of some sort that can be used to calculate these variables?  That can tell me what to do?"

Gavin ran a hand through his auburn mop of hair, letting out a breath. This...could take some time. He set his glass down, resisting the urge to re-fill it a third and fourth time. Zero wasn't supposed to be drinking, per Starfleet Medical's directive, and so he didn't want to tempt her.

What she said was very true, in the technical sense. Yes, Jiseth had returned...but she'd done that one before, too. Zero had talked about the time the Romulan had faked her death, too, during one of her and Gavin's all-night drinking sessions. He couldn't even imagine the emotional trauma that something like that would cause.

So, then. Was it even his place to say whether Zero should accept Jiseth back in her life? How could he, in good conscience, do that? Well...first thing's first.

"No, I'm afraid there isn't a formula," he said, with a completely straight face. When one was a friend to someone like Zero, one got used to saying things like that. "It's natural to feel like this, when you love someone. Even if they do let you down. It's...part of the process." He realized that he wasn't doing that great of a job, but...what else was there to say? "You just, sometimes...you have to decide if the reward is worth the risk."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 2:31 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Arboretum

"I figured a nice quiet walk would be nice after all of that commotion at the party.  Besides, it will give us some privacy with everyone else either at the party, or at parties of their own," Andrew said tenderly to her with a soft caress to her left hand.

For a time they walked in the soft light of the evening glow in the Arboretum, and only after they came to a small clearing in the flora and trees did Andrew stop.  The way the light shone here made it seem as if the moon was gazing down on this spot.  Smiling to himself, Andrew led Sophie over to the bench sitting there, and as the two sat...Andrew turned to her....brushing a lock of her hair to one side.

"As for surprises....Merry Christmas, Sophie," Andrew said a tad huskily as he handed her the small emerald velvet covered box.

SCPO Sophie Callan

"Oh my," Sophie grinned, her heart-rate rising as Andrew pulled out a little box, the green velvet looking quite soft in the artificial night-time light. For half a second, a spike of alarm shot through her as she wondered if Sheridan was proposing to her. Granted, she liked him. A lot. But, they still had hardly spent any time together.

No...someone like Andrew Sheridan would obviously put more effort into a marriage proposal...when (if!) the time came for something like that. He was too wonderfully old-fashioned not to.

Her happiness was reflected in her large blue eyes as she opened the box, taking out a delicate ring of silver. It was crafted with a twin-dragon motif, and a brilliant emerald heart was set in it. "It's lovely," she breathed, slipping it on. "Thank you, Andrew." She drew him close, and their kiss was a nice, slow burn of passion. "Merry Christmas to you, too. Great Bird," she said, shaking her head. "You're just full of surprises."

Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 3:39 pm

USS PHOENIX - Arboretum

"I manage from time to time, Precious," Andrew stated with a warm smile. His mind was buzzing from the perfectly delicious kiss they had just shared. Andrew's heart was racing wildly....more than he had ever known before. He softly stroked the side of her face with one arm still around her lovely lower waistline.

He was truly glad she loved it, and certainly this whole evening had not been expected. The warmth coming from Sophie was more than he could have hoped for...and more than he had ever experienced. A new kiss came...lasting longer, deeper, filled with slow, fiery passion, and delicious joy. Subconsciously, Andrew began to massage her lower waistline and hips with his long sleek fingers....totally unaware of what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin ran a hand through his auburn mop of hair, letting out a breath.  This...could take some time.  He set his glass down, resisting the urge to re-fill it a third and fourth time.  Zero wasn't supposed to be drinking, per Starfleet Medical's directive, and so he didn't want to tempt her.  

What she said was very true, in the technical sense.  Yes, Jiseth had returned...but she'd done that one before, too.  Zero had talked about the time the Romulan had faked her death, too, during one of her and Gavin's all-night drinking sessions.  He couldn't even imagine the emotional trauma that something like that would cause.

So, then.  Was it even his place to say whether Zero should accept Jiseth back in her life?  How could he, in good conscience, do that?  Well...first thing's first.

"No, I'm afraid there isn't a formula," he said, with a completely straight face.  When one was a friend to someone like Zero, one got used to saying things like that.  "It's natural to feel like this, when you love someone.  Even if they do let you down.  It's...part of the process."  He realized that he wasn't doing that great of a job, but...what else was there to say?  "You just, sometimes...you have to decide if the reward is worth the risk."

Zero looked almost crestfallen as Gavin told her that there wasn't a formula to determine how she was supposed to act in these instances. It would make things so much easier if there was. She looked down at the two objects in her hands, knowing that it was going to be difficult to know which path to take.

Apparently making a decision, she closed her hand over the commbadge, turning on her heel to leave. She paused for a moment, turning slightly to look at Gavin as she remembered the niceties of social encounters.

"Thank you for your assistance," she said before continuing on her path.

It wasn't difficult to follow Jiseth's path. The Romulan had all but blazed through the corridors, leaving several confused and disgruntled people in her wake. She found the woman she had loved, the first one to truly treat her as if she was more than just an Augment, leaning against one of the viewports, looking out at the stars. Zero hesitated for a moment, then timidly held out the commbadge to her.

"I do not wish you to leave me again."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 4:53 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

It wasn't difficult to follow Jiseth's path.  The Romulan had all but blazed through the corridors, leaving several confused and disgruntled people in her wake.  She found the woman she had loved, the first one to truly treat her as if she was more than just an Augment, leaning against one of the viewports, looking out at the stars.  Zero hesitated for a moment, then timidly held out the commbadge to her.

"I do not wish you to leave me again."

Jiseth had almost fallen asleep there, her legs about to give way when Zero arrived. For a moment she simply stared at her. It was not a mirage that stood there or any other figment of her imagination.

With an efforted breath she pushed off against the viewport. One hand swiftly took the commbadge and clipped it to her hip while the other slipped over and around the Augment's shoulder. Time seemed to skip around after that. Simply holding Zero in her arms and quietly, softly, letting out her grief. The tears came down steadily as her chin rested on the doctor's shoulder.

"I don't wish to leave... Ever."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Jiseth wrote:

Jiseth had almost fallen asleep there, here legs about to give way when Zero arrived. For a moment she simply stared at her. It was not a mirage that stood there or any other figment of her imagination.

With an efforted breath she pushed off against the viewport. One hand swiftly took the commbadge and clipped it to her hip while the other slipped over and around the Augment's shoulder. Time seemed to skip around after that. Simply holding Zero in her arms and quietly, softly, letting out her grief. The tears came down steadily as her chin rested on the doctor's shoulder.

"I don't wish to leave... Ever."

For a moment, Zero froze in place, as still as a statue as Jiseth hugged her. It took the young Augment a moment to remember that in these kinds of situations, one was supposed to reciprocate the affectionate gesture. Slowly, she shifted her arms to embrace the Romulan, relaxing as she remembered previous occasions, lying in their quarters at night, content in each other's presence.

"Then we are in agreement," she murmured before drawing back a little, her expression closing off slightly. "Much has happened since your last departure."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 5:09 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

For a moment, Zero froze in place, as still as a statue as Jiseth hugged her.  It took the young Augment a moment to remember that in these kinds of situations, one was supposed to reciprocate the affectionate gesture.  Slowly, she shifted her arms to embrace the Romulan, relaxing as she remembered previous occasions, lying in their quarters at night, content in each other's presence.

"Then we are in agreement," she murmured before drawing back a little, her expression closing off slightly.  "Much has happened since your last departure."

"As on my end while away..."

With a long exhale she leaned in and kissed Zero's forehead. What exactly had occurred she was not quite ready to share. Flayed to the raw nerve and put back together. Every day forced her to dig deep within herself to keep going. The woman in her arms was the light at the end of the tunnel.

"What has been going on? Starfleet Medical? Our... Our daughter?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Jiseth wrote:

"As on my end while away..."

With a long exhale she leaned in and kissed Zero's forehead. What exactly had occurred she was not quite ready to share. Flayed to the raw nerve and put back together. Every day forced her to dig deep within herself to keep going. The woman in her arms was the light at the end of the tunnel.

"What has been going on? Starfleet Medical? Our... Our daughter?"

Taking Jiseth's hand, Zero moved off, heading back to her quarters with the Romulan in tow. Ghost would certainly be pleased to see her. The mention of Starfleet Medical and their daughter, however, caused her to tense up again.

"While you were away, I was recalled to Starfleet Medical, where I was required to undergo behavioural retraining. Even now, I am under intense scrutiny. All it will require is one transgression on my part and I will not be allowed to leave their facility for a significant amount of time," she replied softly. "Our daughter is still there, in stasis."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 5:53 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:

"I manage from time to time, Precious," Andrew stated with a warm smile.  His mind was buzzing from the perfectly delicious kiss they had just shared.  Andrew's heart was racing wildly....more than he had ever known before.  He softly stroked the side of her face with one arm still around her lovely lower waistline.

He was truly glad she loved it, and certainly this whole evening had not been expected.  The warmth coming from Sophie was more than he could have hoped for...and more than he had ever experienced.  A new kiss came...lasting longer, deeper, filled with slow, fiery passion, and delicious joy.  Subconsciously, Andrew began to massage her lower waistline and hips with his long sleek fingers....totally unaware of what he was doing.

SCPO Sophie Callan

Sophie closed her eyes, leaning into Andrew's kiss with a contented sound. That sound turned into something more akin to a kitten's purr as he began to move his hands along her waistline, and around her hips. Her next kiss was quite a bit more intense, leaving her to wonder just where this was going. Perhaps it was time to find out.

"Andrew," she said, her blue eyes looking into his. "Would you like to...walk me home?"
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Taking Jiseth's hand, Zero moved off, heading back to her quarters with the Romulan in tow.  Ghost would certainly be pleased to see her.  The mention of Starfleet Medical and their daughter, however, caused her to tense up again.

"While you were away, I was recalled to Starfleet Medical, where I was required to undergo behavioural retraining.  Even now, I am under intense scrutiny.  All it will require is one transgression on my part and I will not be allowed to leave their facility for a significant amount of time," she replied softly.  "Our daughter is still there, in stasis."

"When will they let up? What more do they want from you? I thought they would have eased up with me gone since I'm... A distracting influence."

It was a poor attempt to try to get a smirk out of her companion. A long shot considering their situation. Whatever effects the kali-fal had were swiftly vanquished. Sobering indeed, the thought of their daughter. Jiseth moved a little closer, hoping to comfort what was surely beyond the Romulan's abilities.

"Can I see her?"
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 6:06 pm

USS PHOENIX - Arboretum

"Aye, I think I would love to," he whispered to her ever so softly after catching some of his breath back. Emotions flooded him such as they never had before, and while the last part of his life had been with him being raised on Vulcan...he was still quite Human.

Something within swept him up in the emotions he was feeling...so powerful and potent....stronger than he had ever encountered. In that instant, Andrew suddenly swept Sophie up in his arms, and carried her out of the Arboretum. What was going to happen....he had no idea. All he knew was he was going to carry her back to her quarters, and they would be happy. He was nervous...which was to be expected all things considered. His heart raced...his spirit soared....the possibilities before him seemed endless.

In the lift, Andrew saw her once again attired as a bride, but this time with him carrying her...even as he did so now. Then, the vision faded once more, and as they waited for the lift to deposit them to her deck; Andrew kissed Sophie again...deep and passionately just as she had him that last round.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 6:07 pm

[USS Phoenix - Arthur-T'Koris Quarters - Later]

Gently bouncing Aria, Gabriel walked around the main living quarters. He idly glanced around, looking for a place for their possible Christmas tree to go. Now that Seika had gotten it in her mind that they had to have one...well, they pretty much had to have one. It made him smile, thinking of the trees from his own childhood.

Aria snuggled into his shoulder, warm in her soft, purple onesie. She was soon asleep, happily drooling on her father's shirt top. He grinned, taking her to the girls' room and tucking her in to the crib. Gabriel straightened, stretching and popping his back. He looked over to the wall before he left the room, grinning happily at the piece of paper that hanged there. It was something they'd all done as a family, not long ago. His own handprint was there in paint, with Archangel's on top of that. There was a smaller one atop Archangel's, along with an even tinier one atop them all.

Yawning, Gabriel tossed his shirt top off as he left the girls' room, stretching again. "What a night, e'lev," he said, grinning at his wife. "Certainly a Christmas to remember."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 6:08 pm

Jiseth wrote:

"When will they let up? What more do they want from you? I thought they would have eased up with me gone since I'm... A distracting influence."

It was a poor attempt to try to get a smirk out of her companion. A long shot considering their situation. Whatever effects the kali-fal had were swiftly vanquished. Sobering indeed, the thought of their daughter. Jiseth moved a little closer, hoping to comfort what was surely beyond the Romulan's abilities.

"Can I see her?"

Zero couldn't tell whether or not Jiseth was trying to make light of the situation with Starfleet Medical or not, but the subject was not one that she felt could be lightened by any measure of levity.

"I am forbidden to drink," she replied. "My studio program has been destroyed. The only reason that I am permitted to keep Ghost is because he was a gift from Admiral Deacon." She shook her head miserably as Jiseth asked if they would be allowed to see their daughter. "No. No one is permitted to see her."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 6:15 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[USS Phoenix - Arthur-T'Koris Quarters - Later]

Gently bouncing Aria, Gabriel walked around the main living quarters.  He idly glanced around, looking for a place for their possible Christmas tree to go.  Now that Seika had gotten it in her mind that they had to have one...well, they pretty much had to have one.  It made him smile, thinking of the trees from his own childhood.

Aria snuggled into his shoulder, warm in her soft, purple onesie.  She was soon asleep, happily drooling on her father's shirt top.  He grinned, taking her to the girls' room and tucking her in to the crib.  Gabriel straightened, stretching and popping his back.  He looked over to the wall before he left the room, grinning happily at the piece of paper that hanged there.  It was something they'd all done as a family, not long ago.  His own handprint was there in paint, with Archangel's on top of that.  There was a smaller one atop Archangel's, along with an even tinier one atop them all.

Yawning, Gabriel tossed his shirt top off as he left the girls' room, stretching again.  "What a night, e'lev," he said, grinning at his wife.  "Certainly a Christmas to remember."

Archangel quietly crept out of the girls' room, lute in hand after playing a quiet tune to help Seika drift off to sleep. The five-year-old hadn't required much encouragement, all things told. The excitement of the gathering and the effort of walking without her crutches for the first time had worn the little girl out. And it had been with no small measure of relief that Archangel had seen the doll that resembled her discarded in favour of Sally the Sehlat and her friends.

Hanging her instrument on its place on the wall, she smiled at her husband. It had certainly been a memorable Christmas gathering, that was for sure. Even if one ignored the Q encounter, it was still memorable simply for the fact that they had all been together, and all standing on their own two feet.

"I can't disagree with you there," she replied with a soft smile. "I think the girls will remember it for a long time as well. Or at least, Seika will."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 6:28 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero couldn't tell whether or not Jiseth was trying to make light of the situation with Starfleet Medical or not, but the subject was not one that she felt could be lightened by any measure of levity.

"I am forbidden to drink," she replied.  "My studio program has been destroyed.  The only reason that I am permitted to keep Ghost is because he was a gift from Admiral Deacon."  She shook her head miserably as Jiseth asked if they would be allowed to see their daughter.  "No.  No one is permitted to see her."

"So much for me choosing the lesser evil..." Jiseth mumbled to herself. The life she wanted with Zero could only blossom within the Federation. There were freedoms. Mostly from fear. Jiseth had stories, many infact, of the Tal Shiar and their methods.

Some considered her a traitor, but she had done her duty. She survived the war when so many burned on dying Warbirds. A long life in peace was not too much to ask for. There were strings attached, but nothing that could not wait.

"How long... has it been like this?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 6:32 pm

Jiseth wrote:

"So much for me choosing the lesser evil..." Jiseth mumbled to herself. The life she wanted with Zero could only blossom within the Federation. There were freedoms. Mostly from fear. Jiseth had stories, many infact, of the Tal Shiar and their methods.

Some considered her a traitor, but she had done her duty. She survived the war when so many burned on dying Warbirds. A long life in peace was not too much to ask for. There were strings attached, but nothing that could not wait.

"How long... has it been like this?"

Zero's sensitive hearing picked up on Jiseth's muttered sentence, but she couldn't understand the context, nor the meaning of the phrase, so she ignored it. Had it been important for her to hear, Jiseth would have spoken more clearly.

The question, though, caused her to look away from her beloved. "I returned to this station only a few days ago. I had been resident at Starfleet Medical for several weeks."
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 6:32 pm

Safefta Pardek wrote:

"And some for the worse," the Romulan said, offering a shrug. When Derek mentioned the last away mission, for a moment Pardek didn't know what he was talking about.

Safefta just blinked before a look of recognition crossed her face. He memory of the incident was a little hazy after she'd been hit, especially from the telepathic painkillers that the Deltan had given her. it was just another scar, now, aside from a little aching. "Ah, yes. You were the one who likened it to a sting from a venomous insect.... not an altogether accurate comparison," she said pointedly, pausing for a sip of ale. "I suppose I should thank you, then, if that was you."

"Safefta Pardek.. Security and Tactical," she said, having realized that she'd neglected to return the introduction.

"Cheers, Pardek. No thanks are necessary." Derek clinked glasses with her's, tapping it once against the bartop before taking a long sip. Scanning the room idyllically, he nodded towards Mrs.Claus. The remaining partygoers were slowly beginning to make their last rounds, most stopping to rub shoulders with the Admirals before leaving. "Looks like I got here a bit late. Who'd they get to dress up this year?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel quietly crept out of the girls' room, lute in hand after playing a quiet tune to help Seika drift off to sleep.  The five-year-old hadn't required much encouragement, all things told.  The excitement of the gathering and the effort of walking without her crutches for the first time had worn the little girl out.  And it had been with no small measure of relief that Archangel had seen the doll that resembled her discarded in favour of Sally the Sehlat and her friends.

Hanging her instrument on its place on the wall, she smiled at her husband.  It had certainly been a memorable Christmas gathering, that was for sure.  Even if one ignored the Q encounter, it was still memorable simply for the fact that they had all been together, and all standing on their own two feet.

"I can't disagree with you there," she replied with a soft smile.  "I think the girls will remember it for a long time as well.  Or at least, Seika will."

[Arthur-T'Koris Quarters]

Curling up on the small couch with Archangel, Gabriel draped an arm around her, holding her close.  "Yes, she will," he smiled.  "She did a hell of a job, tonight."  Gabe took up his wife's hand, kissing the back of it.  He found himself at a crossroads, then...wondering if there needed to be more said about what Q had told them.  All the talk about them not being able to be there for their babies.  The strange dolls.  No, he thought, cupping her jaw in his hand and kissing her.  Nothing more needs to be said about that.

"Girls seem quiet," he said, positioning himself so that his hands rested on Archangel's shoulders.  "Lil' ladies are tuckered out."  He began to work his hands into her shoulder muscles, kneading away at the tightness and tension that was there.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 7:00 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Curling up on the small couch with Archangel, Gabriel draped an arm around her, holding her close.  "Yes, she will," he smiled.  "She did a hell of a job, tonight."  Gabe took up his wife's hand, kissing the back of it.  He found himself at a crossroads, then...wondering if there needed to be more said about what Q had told them.  All the talk about them not being able to be there for their babies.  The strange dolls.  No, he thought, cupping her jaw in his hand and kissing her.  Nothing more needs to be said about that.

"Girls seem quiet," he said, positioning himself so that his hands rested on Archangel's shoulders.  "Lil' ladies are tuckered out."  He began to work his hands into her shoulder muscles, kneading away at the tightness and tension that was there.

Just taking time to sit on the couch without having to worry about ship's business or what the next conference with whatever admiral was going to bring was a joy for Archangel, and having her e'lev there just made it all the better.

"Hmm, she's progressing well. She'll be running around and getting into trouble again before we know it," she agreed. "It's no wonder they're tire-" The rest of her sentence was lost in a low purr as she felt Gabriel's skilled hands on her shoulders. He often did this for her, relieving the tension that settled into her muscles as a result of various factors. And he was good at it. Very good. He knew exactly how to turn her into a puddle of purring Romulan within the space of a minute.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero's sensitive hearing picked up on Jiseth's muttered sentence, but she couldn't understand the context, nor the meaning of the phrase, so she ignored it.  Had it been important for her to hear, Jiseth would have spoken more clearly.

The question, though, caused her to look away from her beloved.  "I returned to this station only a few days ago.  I had been resident at Starfleet Medical for several weeks."

"Weeks..." she repeated softly. It broke her heart knowing that a single hour in their "care" was torture. Jiseth had been gone months which only added to the caustic atmosphere they seemed to be surrounded by. The powers that be seemed to enjoy the hardships they placed on the two.

It was bittersweet, to be thrown back into the turmoil, but that hand that held onto Jiseth's. She tugged at it and took Zero with her other arm. A brief moment to look into her eyes before pressing her lips to her Augment's.

"I love you... and we'll make something memorable out of this holiday."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 9:17 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Just taking time to sit on the couch without having to worry about ship's business or what the next conference with whatever admiral was going to bring was a joy for Archangel, and having her e'lev there just made it all the better.

"Hmm, she's progressing well.  She'll be running around and getting into trouble again before we know it," she agreed.  "It's no wonder they're tire-"  The rest of her sentence was lost in a low purr as she felt Gabriel's skilled hands on her shoulders.  He often did this for her, relieving the tension that settled into her muscles as a result of various factors.  And he was good at it.  Very good.  He knew exactly how to turn her into a puddle of purring Romulan within the space of a minute.

Gabe noted with satisfaction the pleased sounds his wife was making under the ministrations of his fingers. There certainly was a hell of a lot of work for him to do - her shoulders and back often felt like working through steel cables. Nevertheless, it made him feel good to make her feel good, and to take the stress of everything off of those shoulders...if only for a brief time.

"Hmm..." Gabriel said, still working at massaging. "I seem to have nabbed something from the party." Reaching into his back pocket, he pulled out a sprig of mistletoe. Reaching over Archangel's shoulder, he held out the plant for her to see. "Looks like we have to follow the unwritten Rules of Christmas," he said, his grin rather puckish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hark! (Open)   Hark! (Open) - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hark! (Open)
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next