Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) Empty
PostSubject: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 5:19 pm

[Starbase Athena - Lounge]

'Round and 'round the liquid went, swirling in the glass, reflecting the dim overhead lights with a sparkling kind of movement that Gavin found a little bit hypnotizing. Granted, it could be the alcohol, too. His glass was filled with Bajoran springwine, something that was fast becoming one of his favorites. Gavin was glad for the fact that he'd been able to purchase some of the real thing from the civie barkeep, because this sure as hell wasn't the kind of day for synthehol. That, and...well. He was off-duty.

Gav still wore blue, but his Ensign's pip sat on the collar of a Science officer, and not a Medical one. He was now billeted as Biologist of the USS Phoenix. If the call from Starfleet Medical had been cold and curt, the call from his father that almost immediately had held enough heat to melt that ice. Gavin knew that his father was just mainly blowing off steam, but...it still had hurt. How could the man not understand? How could he want his own son to be used as a puppet, to spy on someone, acting like she wasn't even a human being?

Because she kind of isn't, he thought, taking another drink. Well, she was, but she was almost...beyond humanity. Something else. "She's late, that's what it is," he said, giggling a little bit. Zero Alpha was supposed to meet him about two minutes ago. Perhaps she'd been held up.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Zero knew that she was running late. She had had to take Ghost to sickbay to have a sore tooth seen to, which had taken longer than she had expected. Now, having left the canine to sleep off the sedative in her quarters, she made her way to the lounge where she had agreed to meet Gavin Van Gelder, the closest thing she had to family.

Stepping into the lounge, it didn't take her long to spot the young ensign sitting at the bar. She made her way over to him and took a seat on the neighbouring stool ordering a straight vodka.

"My apologies. Ghost's appointment took longer than I had anticipated."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero knew that she was running late.  She had had to take Ghost to sickbay to have a sore tooth seen to, which had taken longer than she had expected.  Now, having left the canine to sleep off the sedative in her quarters, she made her way to the lounge where she had agreed to meet Gavin Van Gelder, the closest thing she had to family.

Stepping into the lounge, it didn't take her long to spot the young ensign sitting at the bar.  She made her way over to him and took a seat on the neighbouring stool ordering a straight vodka.

"My apologies.  Ghost's appointment took longer than I had anticipated."

"Hey there, cuz," Gavin said, smiling as Zero approached. He raised his wineglass in a form of a salute, a pleasantly flushed feeling already spreading into his cheeks. "No prob. It's not like we're on duty, eh?" Gavin raised an eyebrow at the drink order. Straight and no chaser. She certainly wasn't a lightweight. His mind started rationalizing the probability of the fact that she had a vastly different metabolic structure than regular mortal beings. Then again, that felt kind of like work, so he abandoned that line of thinking.

Gavin waited until the barkeep brought Zero her drink before pouring himself another one. He held up the glass for a traditional toast, smiling softly. "Well. You're not my department head, anymore. I'm sorry I didn't last until at least our first mission together as a member of your staff..."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 5:49 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Hey there, cuz," Gavin said, smiling as Zero approached.  He raised his wineglass in a form of a salute, a pleasantly flushed feeling already spreading into his cheeks.  "No prob.  It's not like we're on duty, eh?"  Gavin raised an eyebrow at the drink order.  Straight and no chaser.  She certainly wasn't a lightweight.  His mind started rationalizing the probability of the fact that she had   a vastly different metabolic structure than regular mortal beings.  Then again, that felt kind of like work, so he abandoned that line of thinking.

Gavin waited until the barkeep brought Zero her drink before pouring himself another one.  He held up the glass for a traditional toast, smiling softly.  "Well.  You're not my department head, anymore.  I'm sorry I didn't last until at least our first mission together as a member of your staff..."

Lifting her glass slightly in the direction of Gavin, Zero then knocked back the alcohol in one go.  He was right in one respect.  She wasn't a lightweight when it came to drinking.  No, she drank like a Klingon and often did so in a manner that was almost angry.

"I am aware," she muttered when he told her about not being in her department anymore.  "I received a message this morning informing me of the matter.  I also received a message from Starfleet Medical demanding that I report to them at my earliest convenience."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 6:23 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Lifting her glass slightly in the direction of Gavin, Zero then knocked back the alcohol in one go.  He was right in one respect.  She wasn't a lightweight when it came to drinking.  No, she drank like a Klingon and often did so in a manner that was almost angry.

"I am aware," she muttered when he told her about not being in her department anymore.  "I received a message this morning informing me of the matter.  I also received a message from Starfleet Medical demanding that I report to them at my earliest convenience."

If Gavin had been a little surprised at Zero's choice of casual beverage, his eyes went a little wider when he saw how she drank it - quick and without hesitation. He liked an occasional vodka, too, but...wow. "Damn, Zero," he grinned, raising his glass in a form of a salute. "I don't think that Klingon botanist is anywhere close by, so you don't have to try and drink him under the table." Gavin hadn't consumed vodka for a while, though. It had been one of Grant's favorite mixers, and the taste of it reminded him too much of his ex.

Shaking his head, Gavin did his best to dispel the ghosts of the past. Grant had his own path, and Gav had his. "Well," he said, finishing off another glass, "Starfleet Medical can go screw. Too bad for them, we're about to go into deep space. Not like we can just make a milk run to San Fran, right?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 6:27 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

If Gavin had been a little surprised at Zero's choice of casual beverage, his eyes went a little wider when he saw how she drank it - quick and without hesitation.  He liked an occasional vodka, too, but...wow.  "Damn, Zero," he grinned, raising his glass in a form of a salute.  "I don't think that Klingon botanist is anywhere close by, so you don't have to try and drink him under the table."  Gavin hadn't consumed vodka for a while, though.  It had been one of Grant's favorite mixers, and the taste of it reminded him too much of his ex.

Shaking his head, Gavin did his best to dispel the ghosts of the past.  Grant had his own path, and Gav had his.  "Well," he said, finishing off another glass, "Starfleet Medical can go screw.  Too bad for them, we're about to go into deep space.  Not like we can just make a milk run to San Fran, right?"

"That is what they expect me to do," Zero muttered darkly as the bartender filled her glass again. He was familiar with the young Augment who drank like a fish and didn't like to be disturbed while doing so. "I have often observed that the main reason behind imbibing alcohol is in order to achieve a state known as 'drunk'. It takes me a significant amount of time and alcohol to achieve that state, therefore imbibing rapidly seems to be the best method."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 6:49 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

"That is what they expect me to do," Zero muttered darkly as the bartender filled her glass again.  He was familiar with the young Augment who drank like a fish and didn't like to be disturbed while doing so.  "I have often observed that the main reason behind imbibing alcohol is in order to achieve a state known as 'drunk'.  It takes me a significant amount of time and alcohol to achieve that state, therefore imbibing rapidly seems to be the best method."

Quirking an eyebrow, Gavin went to pour himself another glass of springwine, frowning a little as he found it empty. When had he consumed that much? He guessed time slipped away. The now-quite-tipsy Science officer ordered another one from a barkeep that eyed him skeptically. Thankfully, though, Zero's presence tended to shut down any argument. "You are right, my pale horse of the Apocalypse," he grinned, giggling a little. "The point is often to get drunk. Roaringly so, at times. It helps a lot."

He nodded again to the man, thanking him for the new bottle of wine, uncorking it with a muted pop sound. "If Starfleet Medical expects you do do it, Zero...then might I humbly suggest we do the opposite." He poured himself a little more, holding up the glass. "But...enough about all that. How's...how's things been? Y'know...with everything."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 6:55 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Quirking an eyebrow, Gavin went to pour himself another glass of springwine, frowning a little as he found it empty.  When had he consumed that much?  He guessed time slipped away.  The now-quite-tipsy Science officer ordered another one from a barkeep that eyed him skeptically.  Thankfully, though, Zero's presence tended to shut down any argument.  "You are right, my pale horse of the Apocalypse," he grinned, giggling a little.  "The point is often to get drunk.  Roaringly so, at times.  It helps a lot."  

He nodded again to the man, thanking him for the new bottle of wine, uncorking it with a muted pop sound.  "If Starfleet Medical expects you do do it, Zero...then might I humbly suggest we do the opposite."  He poured himself a little more, holding up the glass.  "But...enough about all that.  How's...how's things been?  Y'know...with everything."

Zero's expression was distinctly darker as she threw back another two glasses of strong alcohol without a splutter. She could feel that pleasant feeling starting to form in her brain, tucking up her racing mind and putting it to bed.

"Jiseth is absent in order to work on a project, I have a sedated canine in my quarters and I have recently begun a new routine on the holodeck," she mumbled, looking into her glass. "Nothing much of interest has transpired. I assume that far more tantilizing events have occurred in your life?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 7:15 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero's expression was distinctly darker as she threw back another two glasses of strong alcohol without a splutter.  She could feel that pleasant feeling starting to form in her brain, tucking up her racing mind and putting it to bed.

"Jiseth is absent in order to work on a project, I have a sedated canine in my quarters and I have recently begun a new routine on the holodeck," she mumbled, looking into her glass.  "Nothing much of interest has transpired.  I assume that far more tantilizing events have occurred in your life?"

The sweet flavor of the springwine had long ago dulled in Gavin's tastebuds. Now he was just drinking to get drunk. It was a bit of a shame, really, for something as delicately tasteful as the Bajoran drink. "Yeah, I haven't seen her around for a while. Too damn bad...she's a lot of fun," he said, sipping a bit more wine. "As for my own life...heh," Gavin chuckled, shaking his head, rustling the hair that seemed to be in a perpetual state of being mussed up. "Not quite as exciting as you might think," he grinned, not caring if Zero was being ironic or not.

He leaned back a little, wishing that the stool had a back on it. Gavin leaned back a little too far, and had to grab hold of the edge of the bar to keep from tumbling right onto his ass. "I...I think I met someone," the newly-minted biologist said, his cheeks flushing from both embarrassment and emotion. "I mean...maybe. I don't know, really. I honestly don't know if I even like him. Like, like like him," Gavin said, sputtering with laughter at the tangle of words.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 7:21 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

The sweet flavor of the springwine had long ago dulled in Gavin's tastebuds.  Now he was just drinking to get drunk.  It was a bit of a shame, really, for something as delicately tasteful as the Bajoran drink.  "Yeah, I haven't seen her around for a while.  Too damn bad...she's a lot of fun," he said, sipping a bit more wine.  "As for my own life...heh," Gavin chuckled, shaking his head, rustling the hair that seemed to be in a perpetual state of being mussed up.  "Not quite as exciting as you might think," he grinned, not caring if Zero was being ironic or not.  

He leaned back a little, wishing that the stool had a back on it.  Gavin leaned back a little too far, and had to grab hold of the edge of the bar to keep from tumbling right onto his ass.  "I...I think I met someone," the newly-minted biologist said, his cheeks flushing from both embarrassment and emotion.  "I mean...maybe.  I don't know, really.  I honestly don't know if I even like him.  Like, like like him," Gavin said, sputtering with laughter at the tangle of words.

Zero snorted in mirth, downing another vodka. Humanoid relationships. Also, she was starting to think that Gavin couldn't hold his drink very well. He certainly seemed to be sliding rapidly down the slope into drunkenness.

"Do not ask me for advice," she grumbled. "Humanoid romantic relationships appear to be simple from the outside, but I am discovering that they are in fact a mess of contradictions and complex emotions and sensations." Another glass was downed. She was starting to feel quite pleasantly buzzed now. "I wasn't supposed to have romantic relationships. None of my tutors ever explained to me how they were supposed to work."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 8:12 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero snorted in mirth, downing another vodka.  Humanoid relationships.  Also, she was starting to think that Gavin couldn't hold his drink very well.  He certainly seemed to be sliding rapidly down the slope into drunkenness.  

"Do not ask me for advice," she grumbled.  "Humanoid romantic relationships appear to be simple from the outside, but I am discovering that they are in fact a mess of contradictions and complex emotions and sensations."  Another glass was downed.  She was starting to feel quite pleasantly buzzed now.  "I wasn't supposed to have romantic relationships.  None of my tutors ever explained to me how they were supposed to work."

Both of Gavin's eyebrows shot up in surprise at Zero's last comment. Did she actually think that people got instructions on relationships? Well. Yes...perhaps she did, at that. It was hard to tell just what Zero thought at times...especially when it came to interpersonal contact.

"Uhh...Cousin Zero," he said, setting the glass down shakily on the table, "you said a mouthful right there. It's a mess of emotions, that's for sure. But...I mean, nobody tutors anyone about how to be in a relationship. Everything you do, you find out the hard way - by making mistakes. By screwing up. By getting hurt, and hurting people, even when you don't wanna do that, don't mean to do it." He shook his head, shoving the glass aside and drinking directly from the bottle, now. "There isn't any briefing, eh? No diploma you get before you become romantically attached for the first time. You just...do it. And you and Jiseth seem to be happy together."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Both of Gavin's eyebrows shot up in surprise at Zero's last comment.  Did she actually think that people got instructions on relationships?  Well.  Yes...perhaps she did, at that.  It was hard to tell just what Zero thought at times...especially when it came to interpersonal contact.

"Uhh...Cousin Zero," he said, setting the glass down shakily on the table, "you said a mouthful right there.  It's a mess of emotions, that's for sure.  But...I mean, nobody tutors anyone about how to be in a relationship.  Everything you do, you find out the hard way - by making mistakes.  By screwing up.  By getting hurt, and hurting people, even when you don't wanna do that, don't mean to do it."  He shook his head, shoving the glass aside and drinking directly from the bottle, now.  "There isn't any briefing, eh?  No diploma you get before you become romantically attached for the first time.  You just...do it.  And you and Jiseth seem to be happy together."

"You do not receive instruction on emotional matters and relationships?" Zero was very confused. She had received such instruction, even if it hadn't been particularly accurate, as she was finding out the hard way. Did people just... make it up as they went along? That would make some sort of sense.

"It does appear that way from the external point of view," Zero muttered. "Jiseth has not returned my messages, nor has she told me when she may be returning from her latest project. My research indicates that this is a sign that she may not wish to continue in our relationship."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 10:13 am

Zero Alpha wrote:
"You do not receive instruction on emotional matters and relationships?" Zero was very confused.  She had received such instruction, even if it hadn't been particularly accurate, as she was finding out the hard way.  Did people just... make it up as they went along?  That would make some sort of sense.

"It does appear that way from the external point of view," Zero muttered.  "Jiseth has not returned my messages, nor has she told me when she may be returning from her latest project.  My research indicates that this is a sign that she may not wish to continue in our relationship."

Shrugging, Gavin took another long pull from the bottle. The room was starting to get very warm, indeed. "I dunno, Zero. Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't. I don't know her well enough to say. But...you also have to factor in the factor...fact..." he said, stumbling over the word with a little giggle. "The fact that, maybe, she isn't in a position to get word to you. Or maybe she needs her space. You can love someone, and still need space from them." He gestured toward the viewport, with its inky blackness dotted by thousands of gleaming stars. "Space," he said, with playful gravitas, snickering again.

Gavin shook his head, immediately wishing that he hadn't, since the bar kept right on shaking. He picked up his bottle, only to find it empty. Now...when had that happened? Oh well. The young medic...biologist...whatever, glanced over at Zero. His drunkenness and the way the light played in the whiteness of her hair gave the girl a positively angelic look. "Jiseth is a lucky girl to have you," he said, resting his chin on a hand. "Did you know that, back before I found out we were...um...related? Yeah, I guess, related...back before then, when I first met you...I was wondering how to ask you out. Y'know. Out out."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 10:43 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Shrugging, Gavin took another long pull from the bottle.  The room was starting to get very warm, indeed.  "I dunno, Zero.  Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't.  I don't know her well enough to say.  But...you also have to factor in the factor...fact..." he said, stumbling over the word with a little giggle.  "The fact that, maybe, she isn't in a position to get word to you.  Or maybe she needs her space.  You can love someone, and still need space from them."  He gestured toward the viewport, with its inky blackness dotted by thousands of gleaming stars.  "Space," he said, with playful gravitas, snickering again.

Gavin shook his head, immediately wishing that he hadn't, since the bar kept right on shaking.  He picked up his bottle, only to find it empty.  Now...when had that happened?  Oh well.  The young medic...biologist...whatever, glanced over at Zero.  His drunkenness and the way the light played in the whiteness of her hair gave the girl a positively angelic look.  "Jiseth is a lucky girl to have you," he said, resting his chin on a hand.  "Did you know that, back before I found out we were...um...related?  Yeah, I guess, related...back before then, when I first met you...I was wondering how to ask you out.  Y'know.  Out out."

"She has never before maintained a silence this long," Zero replied, looking into the depths of her glass.  "Even during a time when we were stationed on different ships."  She turned her head to watch Gavin with a quizzical expression, apparently amused at the human's ramblings.

Spying another bottle of wine being placed in front of the biologist, she carefully removed it from his reach.  "I believe you have reached a sufficient level of alcoholic intoxication," she observed dryly.  "When such elements that may cause danger to the speaker begin to pass the drinker's lips, my research indicates that that is the appropriate time to stop drinking."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 11:20 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

"She has never before maintained a silence this long," Zero replied, looking into the depths of her glass.  "Even during a time when we were stationed on different ships."  She turned her head to watch Gavin with a quizzical expression, apparently amused at the human's ramblings.

Spying another bottle of wine being placed in front of the biologist, she carefully removed it from his reach.  "I believe you have reached a sufficient level of alcoholic intoxication," she observed dryly.  "When such elements that may cause danger to the speaker begin to pass the drinker's lips, my research indicates that that is the appropriate time to stop drinking."

"Oh gawd, c'mon," Gavin said, giggling happily, his cheeks an appropriately cherubic shade of flushed, dark pink. He made one attempt to grab at the bottle, but gave up. Zero was right - he'd definitely had enough. "I didn't even know you were in a relationship at the time, let alone that we were...well, whatever we are." Related was too strong a word for it, yes...but, somewhere in her genetic profile was Van Gelder DNA. The ghost of Simon Van Gelder would not give up his haunting easily.

Gavin leaned his elbow on the bar, his chin propped up by his fist, cocking an eyebrow at the Augment. "I mean, can you blame me? I dunno how often you look in the mirror, Zero, but...somewhere, I'm sure there's a large Venn diagram of how many people on this station are attracted to something similar. And I'm sure your name is right in the middle of where those spheres intersect," he said, grinning.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 11:42 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Oh gawd, c'mon," Gavin said, giggling happily, his cheeks an appropriately cherubic shade of flushed, dark pink.  He made one attempt to grab at the bottle, but gave up.  Zero was right - he'd definitely had enough.  "I didn't even know you were in a relationship at the time, let alone that we were...well, whatever we are."  Related was too strong a word for it, yes...but, somewhere in her genetic profile was Van Gelder DNA.  The ghost of Simon Van Gelder would not give up his haunting easily.

Gavin leaned his elbow on the bar, his chin propped up by his fist, cocking an eyebrow at the Augment.  "I mean, can you blame me?  I dunno how often you look in the mirror, Zero, but...somewhere, I'm sure there's a large Venn diagram of how many people on this station are attracted to something similar.  And I'm sure your name is right in the middle of where those spheres intersect," he said, grinning.  

Zero blinked at her drinking companion. He had definitely drunk enough to reach that stage when an individual appears to lose all control over what comes tumbling out of their mouths, but she was also reaching the point where she no longer cared about much, so the mentally shrugged her shoulders.

"Doctor Kindaede intended me to be a physical embodiment of the perfection of the human race," she replied evenly. "Whether or not he managed, I have no understanding, but I believe that you may be correct in your assumptions. It can be difficult to walk through the station without several individuals staring at me."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 12:33 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero blinked at her drinking companion.  He had definitely drunk enough to reach that stage when an individual appears to lose all control over what comes tumbling out of their mouths, but she was also reaching the point where she no longer cared about much, so the mentally shrugged her shoulders.

"Doctor Kindaede intended me to be a physical embodiment of the perfection of the human race," she replied evenly.  "Whether or not he managed, I have no understanding, but I believe that you may be correct in your assumptions.  It can be difficult to walk through the station without several individuals staring at me."

"Well," Gavin said, turning his long-empty glass around in his hands.  "I guess one could consider it flattering, but...yeah, I guess I can see where it might get annoying, too.  Not that I have that problem, you don't see people's heads yanking around when I go for a stroll on the promenade," he grinned, shrugging, as the waiter took his glass away.  Gav frowned a little at his vacated hands, looking back to the doctor.  "I think...I think you're doing a good job of it, though, Zero.  I'm serious when I say that we don't get any special instruction."

Gavin drummed his fingertips on the bar top, giving the Augment a considering look.  "Um.  Was...is Jiseth...your first relationship?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 12:39 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Well," Gavin said, turning his long-empty glass around in his hands.  "I guess one could consider it flattering, but...yeah, I guess I can see where it might get annoying, too.  Not that I have that problem, you don't see people's heads yanking around when I go for a stroll on the promenade," he grinned, shrugging, as the waiter took his glass away.  Gav frowned a little at his vacated hands, looking back to the doctor.  "I think...I think you're doing a good job of it, though, Zero.  I'm serious when I say that we don't get any special instruction."

Gavin drummed his fingertips on the bar top, giving the Augment a considering look.  "Um.  Was...is Jiseth...your first relationship?"

Observing the young man next to her for a moment, she slid her glass across to him. Apparently, if he was managing to string a coherent thought together, the effects of the alcohol were starting to wear off on him. That was not a desirable thing at that moment in time.

"You do receive instruction, simply not in a manner you recognise," she corrected. "You learn through your parents and your peers, through mimicry and trial and error, from the youngest age." When he brought up Jiseth again, she looked down at her hands, picking at a bit of dirt trapped under one nail. "Yes, she is," she said quietly before looking back at Gavin. "You have implied that you have had previous engagements of a romantic nature. How do they work?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Observing the young man next to her for a moment, she slid her glass across to him.  Apparently, if he was managing to string a coherent thought together, the effects of the alcohol were starting to wear off on him.  That was not a desirable thing at that moment in time.

"You do receive instruction, simply not in a manner you recognise," she corrected.  "You learn through your parents and your peers, through mimicry and trial and error, from the youngest age."  When he brought up Jiseth again, she looked down at her hands, picking at a bit of dirt trapped under one nail.  "Yes, she is," she said quietly before looking back at Gavin.  "You have implied that you have had previous engagements of a romantic nature.  How do they work?"

Gavin nodded, taking the glass with a quick smile. "That...that's a very fair point," he said, taking up the bottle that was now back in his reach and pouring another glass. "You should try this...it's very sweet."

He was a bit sorry to have brought Jiseth back into the conversation, since it made her uncomfortable. In a way, he was glad that she turned the question back on him. Gav waggled his brows, giving a playful grin. "How do romantic engagements work? Well. They generally start with dinner and a holofilm, and then you go to their place or your place..." Waving a hand, Gavin chuckled, his cheeks pleasantly warm. "I'm joking. Well, not really, that really is how a lot of it happens, but...I get what you're asking."

Staring into his springwine, Gavin gave a long and considering pause before answering. "I wouldn't say that I'm a paragon of experience, when it comes to relationships. I guess my first serious one was back in secondary school. Andrea Howe. I used to say '...And How!' around her. It made her laugh," he said, chuckling a little at the memory.

"We lasted a while. Some time into my senior year, I became aware that I was just as attracted to boys as I was to girls. So...yeah. Through most of that year, Thomas Alden and I were a thing. We were on the track team together." Gavin tipped the wine cup back, emptying the liquid with a contented sound. "I won't bore you with tales of my romantic exploits all through the year I started at University, and then got accepted into SFA. Though...there was one. Grant Wellman. He and I met during my junior year, and were...inseparable."

Gavin's expression changed, his face falling as his next words came out quietly. "I thought he was the one, y'know? We did everything together, went everywhere. We talked about getting our commission on the same ship. To explore the cosmos with each other. I...I told him I loved him. I guess he wasn't ready for that." He was surprised to feel the sensation of a hot, fat tear trailing down his cheek. "...I was ready for it, though."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 1:31 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin nodded, taking the glass with a quick smile.  "That...that's a very fair point," he said, taking up the bottle that was now back in his reach and pouring another glass.  "You should try this...it's very sweet."

He was a bit sorry to have brought Jiseth back into the conversation, since it made her uncomfortable.  In a way, he was glad that she turned the question back on him.  Gav waggled his brows, giving a playful grin.  "How do romantic engagements work?  Well.  They generally start with dinner and a holofilm, and then you go to their place or your place..."  Waving a hand, Gavin chuckled, his cheeks pleasantly warm.  "I'm joking.  Well, not really, that really is how a lot of it happens, but...I get what you're asking."

Staring into his springwine, Gavin gave a long and considering pause before answering.  "I wouldn't say that I'm a paragon of experience, when it comes to relationships.  I guess my first serious one was back in secondary school.  Andrea Howe.  I used to say '...And How!' around her.  It made her laugh," he said, chuckling a little at the memory.

"We lasted a while.  Some time into my senior year, I became aware that I was just as attracted to boys as I was to girls.  So...yeah.  Through most of that year, Thomas Alden and I were a thing.  We were on the track team together."  Gavin tipped the wine cup back, emptying the liquid with a contented sound.  "I won't bore you with tales of my romantic exploits all through the year I started at University, and then got accepted into SFA.  Though...there was one.  Grant Wellman.  He and I met during my junior year, and were...inseparable."  

Gavin's expression changed, his face falling as his next words came out quietly.  "I thought he was the one, y'know?  We did everything together, went everywhere.  We talked about getting our commission on the same ship.  To explore the cosmos with each other.  I...I told him I loved him.  I guess he wasn't ready for that."  He was surprised to feel the sensation of a hot, fat tear trailing down his cheek.  "...I was ready for it, though."

Zero was aware that he hadn't exactly answered his question, but was smart enough to know that now was not a time to press him on that matter. She was, however, questioning her motives in having handed him a glas so as to continue drinking.

"I was still a cadet when I encountered Jiseth in a bar on Earth. I was never quite certain of why she was attracted to me, but her entrance into my life was similar to that of a hurricane hitting a major city. Turned everything upside down and taught me that what I thought to be normal behaviour and actions weren't." She took a gulp of vodka. "During a time when we were stationed on the same ship, she pretended to commit suicide in order to expose a member of the crew. I believed that my world was falling apart. I had never experienced such emotions before... I thought that I had failed her in some manner, whether professionally in that I had not seen the signs, or personally in that I had not showed her adequate affection."

The Augment sighed heavily, propping her head up with one hand. "Once I knew that she was alive, I researched manners in which humanoids generally express their affection for one another. I discovered that a child was the ultimate declaration of love, and so I created one, an infusion of her DNA with my own with which I impregnated myself."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero was aware that he hadn't exactly answered his question, but was smart enough to know that now was not a time to press him on that matter.  She was, however, questioning her motives in having handed him a glas so as to continue drinking.

"I was still a cadet when I encountered Jiseth in a bar on Earth.  I was never quite certain of why she was attracted to me, but her entrance into my life was similar to that of a hurricane hitting a major city.  Turned everything upside down and taught me that what I thought to be normal behaviour and actions weren't."  She took a gulp of vodka.  "During a time when we were stationed on the same ship, she pretended to commit suicide in order to expose a member of the crew.  I believed that my world was falling apart.  I had never experienced such emotions before...  I thought that I had failed her in some manner, whether professionally in that I had not seen the signs, or personally in that I had not showed her adequate affection."  

The Augment sighed heavily, propping her head up with one hand.  "Once I knew that she was alive, I researched manners in which humanoids generally express their affection for one another.  I discovered that a child was the ultimate declaration of love, and so I created one, an infusion of her DNA with my own with which I impregnated myself."

Gavin nodded along with Zero, smiling softly as she recounted her first meeting with Jiseth. He looked forward to getting to know the Romulan girl, especially since his pseudo-cousin seemed to think so highly of her. "That's...a big part of relationships, really. Hoping that we don't fail the ones we love, and wondering if we'll do the right thing by them. We --"

Suddenly, he stopped, peering intently at Zero. "Wait. Did you say...a child? You and Jiseth have a baby? When...I mean...nobody has ever mentioned it, and...I mean, you've never mentioned it...?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin nodded along with Zero, smiling softly as she recounted her first meeting with Jiseth.  He looked forward to getting to know the Romulan girl, especially since his pseudo-cousin seemed to think so highly of her.  "That's...a big part of relationships, really.  Hoping that we don't fail the ones we love, and wondering if we'll do the right thing by them.  We --"

Suddenly, he stopped, peering intently at Zero.  "Wait.  Did you say...a child?  You and Jiseth have a baby?  When...I mean...nobody has ever mentioned it, and...I mean, you've never mentioned it...?"

The glass in Zero's hand shattered, making the Augment flinch.  She hadn't intended to squeeze it that hard, but she always got a little... tense when she thought about her daughter, and why that daughter wasn't sharing her life at that minute.

She took a deep breath, flicking the fragments of glass from her fingers.  "That is because I no longer have her.  Medical took her from me while she was still developing inside my womb and maintains her in stasis on Earth.  They called her 'insurance', supposedly against any movements towards freedom that I may make."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 8:03 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
The glass in Zero's hand shattered, making the Augment flinch.  She hadn't intended to squeeze it that hard, but she always got a little... tense when she thought about her daughter, and why that daughter wasn't sharing her life at that minute.

She took a deep breath, flicking the fragments of glass from her fingers.  "That is because I no longer have her.  Medical took her from me while she was still developing inside my womb and maintains her in stasis on Earth.  They called her 'insurance', supposedly against any movements towards freedom that I may make."

Gavin nearly jumped out of his uniform as Zero shattered her glass. "God!" he yelped, catching himself before he fell backward out of the stool. The real surprise, however, came after Zero explained the reason that she'd never mentioned the baby. Gavin had to physically push his slack jaw back into place - a product of both his shock, and his advanced drunkenness.

"Noooo freakin' waaaay," he said, sea-green eyes widening. The young doctor dropped his voice down low. "Nobody in Starfleet Medical mentioned that when they were setting me up to be your mole. Holy crap, Zero...I...damn. I'm sorry," he trailed off, staring at the bar.

It made Gavin feel sick to his stomach to hear how they treated Zero. If only these doctors could see her as a real person, and not an abstraction. He'd come to realize that she was just that...and was glad to have abandoned Medical's plan to have him report on her movements. They'd promised him the fast promotion track for his assistance. Full lieutenant in under a year. Of course he'd jumped at it.

But, now...

"Zero," he said, looking back up from the tabletop. "We have to get her back. Your baby? We can't leave her there. She can't grow up like that, surrounded by that...we have to get her back!"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 2:42 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin nearly jumped out of his uniform as Zero shattered her glass.  "God!" he yelped, catching himself before he fell backward out of the stool.  The real surprise, however, came after Zero explained the reason that she'd never mentioned the baby.  Gavin had to physically push his slack jaw back into place - a product of both his shock, and his advanced drunkenness.

"Noooo freakin' waaaay," he said, sea-green eyes widening.  The young doctor dropped his voice down low.  "Nobody in Starfleet Medical mentioned that when they were setting me up to be your mole.  Holy crap, Zero...I...damn.  I'm sorry," he trailed off, staring at the bar.

It made Gavin feel sick to his stomach to hear how they treated Zero.  If only these doctors could see her as a real person, and not an abstraction.  He'd come to realize that she was just that...and was glad to have abandoned Medical's plan to have him report on her movements.  They'd promised him the fast promotion track for his assistance.  Full lieutenant in under a year.  Of course he'd jumped at it.

But, now...

"Zero," he said, looking back up from the tabletop.  "We have to get her back.  Your baby?  We can't leave her there.  She can't grow up like that, surrounded by that...we have to get her back!"

"What would you have me do?" Zero asked, her tone bitter. She would have liked nothing more than to storm into Starfleet Medical and retrieve her daughter, but she knew that was an impossible dream. "If I return, I will not leave, it is as simple as that. They look for any excuse in order to recall me, to maintain the belief that I am not prepared to live as an individual without danger to the Federation."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 12:44 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

"What would you have me do?" Zero asked, her tone bitter.  She would have liked nothing more than to storm into Starfleet Medical and retrieve her daughter, but she knew that was an impossible dream.  "If I return, I will not leave, it is as simple as that.  They look for any excuse in order to recall me, to maintain the belief that I am not prepared to live as an individual without danger to the Federation."

Gavin nodded as Zero laid out all the problems of 'storming the gates'. All of which were very good points, true...but he was quite drunk. "If...you went in, guns blazing, then, yes...you might not get out of there." He knocked back his cup, draining it and setting the glass down, a bit too hard, but thankfully not smashing it.

Leaning in, Gav brought himself closer to Zero, dropping his voice down quietly. "But consider this. I pretty much grew up around Starfleet Medical. I know the building. I know the people. I can get you in. I can help you!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next