Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:13 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana winced as the Klingon's hand brushed against her neck and the tube that now ran between a point just above her ear down to nestle between one of the main muscles of her neck and her trachae.  The skin there was still very tender, adjusting to the new elements.

As he moved away, she looked at her hands, flexing her fingers before slowly pushed herself up into a sitting position and watching as she curled her toes around.  Good, that all still worked.  Still feeling tired, she keyed a command into the small panel on the side of the biobed to lift the top section so that she could still maintain a somewhat sitting position.  

She took the glass in both hands, lifting it to her lips and drinking a mouthful of the liquid.  "Sh-sh-short t-term m-m-memory is a l-little h-hazy, b-but I exp-pect th-that w-will g-get b-b-better.  I f-f-feel... s-slow.  M-my th-thoughts are n-not c-c-clear."

Nodding, Raynor watched with approval as Ilana was able to at least hold down some liquid. It stuck him as slightly amusing, in a gallows kind of way. Was this to be the entirety of their life? Him, looming over her, making sure she ate food and drank liquid?

"Your normal fucntions'll come back in time," the Klingon said, watching her over steepled fingers. "I see you can move your limbs and digits. Let's test out your short-term. What is my name? Yours? Your rank and serial number?" Leaning forward, Raynor cocked an eyebrow. "What stuffed animal do I keep in my quarters?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:20 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Nodding, Raynor watched with approval as Ilana was able to at least hold down some liquid.  It stuck him as slightly amusing, in a gallows kind of way.  Was this to be the entirety of their life?  Him, looming over her, making sure she ate food and drank liquid?  

"Your normal fucntions'll come back in time," the Klingon said, watching her over steepled fingers.  "I see you can move your limbs and digits.  Let's test out your short-term.  What is my name?  Yours?  Your rank and serial number?"  Leaning forward, Raynor cocked an eyebrow.  "What stuffed animal do I keep in my quarters?"

Raynor was asking some strange questions, but Ilana mentally shrugged, deciding to humour him since he generally tried to do what was best for her, even if she wasn't of the same opinion.

"Y-your n-name is R-Raynor," she stated, "I am Ensign I-Ilana T-Telak, Ch-Charlie Alpha R-Romeo th-three o-oh n-nine one, and y-you k-keep a..." she had to pause there, her brow scales furrowing slightly as she concentrated, prodding at her memory to reveal the secrets it was holding on to. "An o-octopus. S-Squee."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Raynor was asking some strange questions, but Ilana mentally shrugged, deciding to humour him since he generally tried to do what was best for her, even if she wasn't of the same opinion.

"Y-your n-name is R-Raynor," she stated, "I am Ensign I-Ilana T-Telak, Ch-Charlie Alpha R-Romeo th-three o-oh n-nine one, and y-you k-keep a..." she had to pause there, her brow scales furrowing slightly as she concentrated, prodding at her memory to reveal the secrets it was holding on to.  "An o-octopus.  S-Squee."

"Squee would be quite thrilled that you remembered him," Raynor said, smiling. Both his tone and his smile were soft. Ilana was one of the few people in existence to see that side of him - fully open, playful...and at his most human.

The octopus, of course, reminded him of one of the wildest, craziest nights in their lives...and that was in a career full of crazy things. It had been one progression of oddities, capped off by...well. They'd grown from childhood to adulthood together, complete with every urge that accompanies puberty. Everything after was elementary.

Raynor shook his memory back to the present. "You'll have to take a regular dosage of painkillers for a few days," he continued, glancing over at her biobed readings. "That'll taper off after a bit." Raynor placed a hand on her knee, figuring it was better than trying to touch at her face again. "When you're ready to try and walk, just let me know. I'll help you."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 6:15 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Squee would be quite thrilled that you remembered him," Raynor said, smiling.  Both his tone and his smile were soft.  Ilana was one of the few people in existence to see that side of him - fully open, playful...and at his most human.  

The octopus, of course, reminded him of one of the wildest, craziest nights in their lives...and that was in a career full of crazy things.  It had been one progression of oddities, capped off by...well.  They'd grown from childhood to adulthood together, complete with every urge that accompanies puberty.  Everything after was elementary.

Raynor shook his memory back to the present.  "You'll have to take a regular dosage of painkillers for a few days," he continued, glancing over at her biobed readings.  "That'll taper off after a bit."  Raynor placed a hand on her knee, figuring it was better than trying to touch at her face again.  "When you're ready to try and walk, just let me know.  I'll help you."

It was starting to get difficult to hold her head up, so Ilana let it slip back to rest against the pillow. Her brain felt as if it was throbbing inside her skull. It was to be expected, she guessed. She just hoped that there wouldn't be any rejection of the Borg technology by her body.

The heat of Raynor's hand on her knee was a welcome on in the chill of sickbay and she turned a somewhat tired smile to him. Her hand strayed yet again to the section of her skull that had been shaved, as a finger returns to poke a bruise or a tongue to a sore tooth. It was hard to accept that she had her speech back, almost as if the time spent mute had been nothing but a bad dream.

"I p-probably sh-should n-not w-w-walk f-for a c-c-couple of d-days," she muttered, apparently not happy about that. She had never been one to be pinned down and not allowed to get on with her work and her life.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:16 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
It was starting to get difficult to hold her head up, so Ilana let it slip back to rest against the pillow.  Her brain felt as if it was throbbing inside her skull.  It was to be expected, she guessed.  She just hoped that there wouldn't be any rejection of the Borg technology by her body.

The heat of Raynor's hand on her knee was a welcome on in the chill of sickbay and she turned a somewhat tired smile to him.  Her hand strayed yet again to the section of her skull that had been shaved, as a finger returns to poke a bruise or a tongue to a sore tooth.  It was hard to accept that she had her speech back, almost as if the time spent mute had been nothing but a bad dream.

"I p-probably sh-should n-not w-w-walk f-for a c-c-couple of d-days," she muttered, apparently not happy about that.  She had never been one to be pinned down and not allowed to get on with her work and her life.

"Of course not," Raynor said, nodding. He often had to remind himself that the Klingon way of therapeutic recovery was rarely the best way. While Ilana certainly had the spirit of a warrior, the flesh was a different story. He knew that she must truly feel pain and the need for rest...considering how he had to sit on her (sometimes literally) to even get her to stop working long enough to eat and sleep.

He glanced up to where she was touching her bald spots. Probably out of habit, he thought. "We can get that grown back in, of course, with follicle stims. You can grow your hair back long to cover the implants, but...I wouldn't advise it. You are who you are...and damn anyone who fails to see it." He meant that in the general sense, but somehow made it sound like he'd personally damn them.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 8:38 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Of course not," Raynor said, nodding.  He often had to remind himself that the Klingon way of therapeutic recovery was rarely the best way.  While Ilana certainly had the spirit of a warrior, the flesh was a different story.  He knew that she must truly feel pain and the need for rest...considering how he had to sit on her (sometimes literally) to even get her to stop working long enough to eat and sleep.  

He glanced up to where she was touching her bald spots.  Probably out of habit, he thought.  "We can get that grown back in, of course, with follicle stims.  You can grow your hair back long to cover the implants, but...I wouldn't advise it.  You are who you are...and damn anyone who fails to see it."  He meant that in the general sense, but somehow made it sound like he'd personally damn them.

"R-Regrowing m-my h-h-hair is a d-discussion-for another d-day," Ilana replied softly. And it was true. There was no point in regrowing the hair just to have to shave it off again if something went wrong. But she smiled at him none the less, reassured by his constant presence at her side. He was always there for her, no matter what happened. She grimaced slightly as her head gave a particularly painful throb.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:05 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

"R-Regrowing m-my h-h-hair is a d-discussion-for another d-day," Ilana replied softly.  And it was true.  There was no point in regrowing the hair just to have to shave it off again if something went wrong.  But she smiled at him none the less, reassured by his constant presence at her side.  He was always there for her, no matter what happened.  She grimaced slightly as her head gave a particularly painful throb.  

Raynor flashed a quick grin to the Cardassian. "Right. What's the human idiom? Cart before the horse? Anyway." He took her now-empty glass and refilled it, handing the cup to Ilana before re-taking his seat. "One of the perks to my cultural exchange position is that I get to pretty much set my own schedule. Therefore...if you can stand me...I'm planning on being here during your recovery." Every step of the way, he thought. "Is there anything else I can get you right now?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:31 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor flashed a quick grin to the Cardassian.  "Right.  What's the human idiom?  Cart before the horse?  Anyway."  He took her now-empty glass and refilled it, handing the cup to Ilana before re-taking his seat.  "One of the perks to my cultural exchange position is that I get to pretty much set my own schedule.  Therefore...if you can stand me...I'm planning on being here during your recovery."  Every step of the way, he thought.  "Is there anything else I can get you right now?"

It would have been easy to just sit there and rest in the aftermath of the operation, but that had never been Ilana's way. Despite the assurances she had made to Raynor in the build up to the operation, she had no intention of resting now. A glance at the chronometre had told her how long she had been out, and in her eyes, that had been plenty of time.

She pushed herself up into a sitting position and swung her legs over the side of the biobed, slipping off to stand on her own two feet. Her legs shook, threatening to give way beneath her. They were sort of numb, but she ignored that, setting her expression into one of determination.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:56 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

It would have been easy to just sit there and rest in the aftermath of the operation, but that had never been Ilana's way.  Despite the assurances she had made to Raynor in the build up to the operation, she had no intention of resting now.  A glance at the chronometre had told her how long she had been out, and in her eyes, that had been plenty of time.

She pushed herself up into a sitting position and swung her legs over the side of the biobed, slipping off to stand on her own two feet.  Her legs shook, threatening to give way beneath her.  They were sort of numb, but she ignored that, setting her expression into one of determination.

Raynor stood up from his chair as Ilana made her attempt to move off of the biobed. He remained closer to her, ready to catch her should she fall, but also giving the Cardassian enough room to move on her own. He knew that, were the positions reversed, he'd hate to have someone coddling and helping him to stand. Some things just had to be done on your own.

"You're progressing nicely, Lana," he said. "But that doesn't mean it's time for you to run laps around the station. You still need a lot of rest. So...either you'll lie down on your own, or I'll have you sedated."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor stood up from his chair as Ilana made her attempt to move off of the biobed.  He remained closer to her, ready to catch her should she fall, but also giving the Cardassian enough room to move on her own.  He knew that, were the positions reversed, he'd hate to have someone coddling and helping him to stand.  Some things just had to be done on your own.

"You're progressing nicely, Lana," he said.  "But that doesn't mean it's time for you to run laps around the station.  You still need a lot of rest.  So...either you'll lie down on your own, or I'll have you sedated."

The Klingon was acting much like a nursemaid with a particularly fragile charge. Even if the latter was pretty accurate description of her, that didn't mean that she was prepared to be wrapped up in blankets and put somewhere safe.

Ok, maybe the blankets. It was pretty cold in sickbay, at least to her Cardassian physiology.

"I d-do n-not intend t-t-to r-run l-laps around th-the st-station," she protested. "I intend t-to w-walk t-t-to th-that c-console and s-sit d-d-down again."

Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The Klingon was acting much like a nursemaid with a particularly fragile charge.  Even if the latter was pretty accurate description of her, that didn't mean that she was prepared to be wrapped up in blankets and put somewhere safe.

Ok, maybe the blankets.  It was pretty cold in sickbay, at least to her Cardassian physiology.

"I d-do n-not intend t-t-to r-run l-laps around th-the st-station," she protested.  "I intend t-to w-walk t-t-to th-that c-console and s-sit d-d-down again."

"Oh? Is that all?" the Klingon said, face set in a rather unamused look. "And what are you planning to do when you sit down at that terminal? Check the stock market on Ferenginar?" He rolled his eyes. "You forget...I'm a meathead, but I'm also the smartest damned meathead on this station. No, I think you're going to get at least one day's full rest before you return to work. Damnation, woman! You just had major surgery!" Raynor crossed his arms over his massive chest, rather dwarfing the thin Cardassian. "Don't test me. I will sedate you."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Oh?  Is that all?" the Klingon said, face set in a rather unamused look.  "And what are you planning to do when you sit down at that terminal?  Check the stock market on Ferenginar?"  He rolled his eyes.  "You forget...I'm a meathead, but I'm also the smartest damned meathead on this station.  No, I think you're going to get at least one day's full rest before you return to work.  Damnation, woman!  You just had major surgery!"  Raynor crossed his arms over his massive chest, rather dwarfing the thin Cardassian.  "Don't test me.  I will sedate you."

Ilana opened her mouth, about to argue back, but then shut it again. She was starting to learn not to challenge the Klingon on the threats that he made. He was liable to carry them out. Instead, she sighed, lowering her green eyes to look at the deck plates between the two of them, a naturally non-aggressive stance.

Her body made the decision of what to do for her, and it decided that what it really needed was a meeting with the deck. All things considered, it was quite a graceful fall, each joint giving way in turn, from her ankles to her hips, as she folded up.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana opened her mouth, about to argue back, but then shut it again.  She was starting to learn not to challenge the Klingon on the threats that he made.  He was liable to carry them out.  Instead, she sighed, lowering her green eyes to look at the deck plates between the two of them, a naturally non-aggressive stance.

Her body made the decision of what to do for her, and it decided that what it really needed was a meeting with the deck.  All things considered, it was quite a graceful fall, each joint giving way in turn, from her ankles to her hips, as she folded up.

Unfolding his arms, Raynor watched with satisfaction as Ilana seemed to give up on her fool's course of going back to work the literal day of her surgery. It was something they would have to talk about in detail. He could understand being driven, but she often teetered on the point of obsessive stupidity!

Something was wrong in the stance she took, Raynor decided, turning his full attention to her. It was fortunate that his senses told him that she wasn't acting normally, since she started falling toward the floor like a collapsing house of cards. His hunter's brain immediately set his muscles into action, even before the Klingon could fully register what was happening. Moving with the preternatural speed of a predator cat, Raynor managed to crouch down along with Ilana, breaking her fall as he caught her in his long arms.

It took little exertion to lift her back up and onto the biobed, a look of pure concern coming over the Klingon's face as he picked up a medical tricorder and began to take readings.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Unfolding his arms, Raynor watched with satisfaction as Ilana seemed to give up on her fool's course of going back to work the literal day of her surgery.  It was something they would have to talk about in detail.  He could understand being driven, but she often teetered on the point of obsessive stupidity!  

Something was wrong in the stance she took, Raynor decided, turning his full attention to her.  It was fortunate that his senses told him that she wasn't acting normally, since she started falling toward the floor like a collapsing house of cards.  His hunter's brain immediately set his muscles into action, even before the Klingon could fully register what was happening.  Moving with the preternatural speed of a predator cat, Raynor managed to crouch down along with Ilana, breaking her fall as he caught her in his long arms.  

It took little exertion to lift her back up and onto the biobed, a look of pure concern coming over the Klingon's face as he picked up a medical tricorder and began to take readings.

There was a quiet groan as Ilana was laid back on the biobed, her eyes almost closed, as if she was struggling to keep a hold of consciousness.

"M-my h-head..." she murmured. "It hurts..."

The tricorder beeped and whirred as it picked up the data on her state of health, translating all of its readings into graphs and words that humanoids could understand.

And it showed massive internal haemmoraging in the skull and neck.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 3:06 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

There was a quiet groan as Ilana was laid back on the biobed, her eyes almost closed, as if she was struggling to keep a hold of consciousness.  

"M-my h-head..." she murmured.  "It hurts..."

The tricorder beeped and whirred as it picked up the data on her state of health, translating all of its readings into graphs and words that humanoids could understand.

And it showed massive internal haemmoraging in the skull and neck.

Raynor's eyebrows shot upward as the readings came back. "Shit!" he snarled, using one of his favorite human words. "Hughes to T'Rann, medical emergency, get your ass to sickbay!" he said, slapping his combadge so hard that it practically pressed through his black KDF undershirt.

He was not content to wait for the Vulcan's arrival, though, grabbing for the vascular regenerator to get the internal bleeding stopped. In his other hand was another hypo, one to put her back under.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 3:15 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor's eyebrows shot upward as the readings came back.  "Shit!" he snarled, using one of his favorite human words.  "Hughes to T'Rann, medical emergency, get your ass to sickbay!" he said, slapping his combadge so hard that it practically pressed through his black KDF undershirt.  

He was not content to wait for the Vulcan's arrival, though, grabbing for the vascular regenerator to get the internal bleeding stopped.  In his other hand was another hypo, one to put her back under.

Under the thin covering of skin over Ilana's skull, something appeared to be moving, leaving blossoming bruises in its wake. She was breathing shallowly until she coughed, a motion that brought dark blood to her lips from where it had been slowly leaking into her lungs. She could feel it getting harder to breathe, feeling short of breath even though she could inhale deeply. She stretched out a hand to Raynor, fingers reaching for him.

"H-help m-m-me," she managed to get out.

T'Rann was next to the Klingon in less than two minutes, dark eyes scanning the biobed readings. "Internal haemorrage. We should have expected this."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 3:42 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Under the thin covering of skin over Ilana's skull, something appeared to be moving, leaving blossoming bruises in its wake.  She was breathing shallowly until she coughed, a motion that brought dark blood to her lips from where it had been slowly leaking into her lungs.  She could feel it getting harder to breathe, feeling short of breath even though she could inhale deeply.  She stretched out a hand to Raynor, fingers reaching for him.

"H-help m-m-me," she managed to get out.

T'Rann was next to the Klingon in less than two minutes, dark eyes scanning the biobed readings.  "Internal haemorrage.  We should have expected this."

Ilana's piteous tone of voice shot through Raynor's heart like an assassin's blade, cutting as quickly and as deadly. His head whipped over as the Vulcan doctor appeared by his side, her cold voice making the assessment. "Should have expected - ? Well! What in the hell can we do about it!" he said, his voice raising somewhere close to a roar.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Ilana's piteous tone of voice shot through Raynor's heart like an assassin's blade, cutting as quickly and as deadly.  His head whipped over as the Vulcan doctor appeared by his side, her cold voice making the assessment.  "Should have expected - ?  Well!  What in the hell can we do about it!" he said, his voice raising somewhere close to a roar.

The Vulcan doctor didn't respond to Raynor, moving forward to check Ilana's eyes and then the tricorder readings before pursing her lips for a second, making a decision.

"We will return to the surgical bay. The implant appears to have damaged several blood vessels. We must relieve the pressure inside the skull before permanent damage occurs. The lungs will also need to be drained. Prepare the patient for such procedures."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The Vulcan doctor didn't respond to Raynor, moving forward to check Ilana's eyes and then the tricorder readings before pursing her lips for a second, making a decision.

"We will return to the surgical bay.  The implant appears to have damaged several blood vessels.  We must relieve the pressure inside the skull before permanent damage occurs.  The lungs will also need to be drained.  Prepare the patient for such procedures."

Raynor grunted in return, gathering up tools as he assisted the Vulcan in taking the biobed along with them to the surgical ward. He fought away the crushing feeling of despair...the despair of defeat, and having victory within their grasp, and then stolen right from under them. Right from the jaws of victory.

As the group re-entered the surgery ward, Raynor immediately snapped into 'work' mode, re-partitioning his brain into the stone-cold outlook of the warrior. The war he had to fight was a quiet war, and a delicate one...but it was a battle nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 4:19 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor grunted in return, gathering up tools as he assisted the Vulcan in taking the biobed along with them to the surgical ward.  He fought away the crushing feeling of despair...the despair of defeat, and having victory within their grasp, and then stolen right from under them.  Right from the jaws of victory.

As the group re-entered the surgery ward, Raynor immediately snapped into 'work' mode, re-partitioning his brain into the stone-cold outlook of the warrior.  The war he had to fight was a quiet war, and a delicate one...but it was a battle nonetheless.

T'Rann enabled the sterile fields over the biobed and activated the cortical monitor, settling into the mindset necessary for the surgery ahead. Moving quickly, she cut into the skin and then the bone of the skull. Blood poured from the incision, more than had done before, but the Vulcan barely blinked.

"Vascular regenerator. Maintain watch over her neural functions. She may not be getting enough oxygen to her brain tissue."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

T'Rann enabled the sterile fields over the biobed and activated the cortical monitor, settling into the mindset necessary for the surgery ahead.  Moving quickly, she cut into the skin and then the bone of the skull.  Blood poured from the incision, more than had done before, but the Vulcan barely blinked.

"Vascular regenerator.  Maintain watch over her neural functions.  She may not be getting enough oxygen to her brain tissue."

"Got it," Raynor said, his voice clipped and intense. He was thankful again for his warrior's mind, since it allowed him to watch things like all the blood welling from Ilana's head, dark and bilious. A part of him wished nothing more than to despair over seeing his friend in such a state. That part was silenced as efficiently as a Romulan political killing.

Between handing medical tools to T'Rann, Raynor kept sharp watch over the neural readouts. Having to watch this happen all over again made it seem even longer.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Got it," Raynor said, his voice clipped and intense.  He was thankful again for his warrior's mind, since it allowed him to watch things like all the blood welling from Ilana's head, dark and bilious.  A part of him wished nothing more than to despair over seeing his friend in such a state.  That part was silenced as efficiently as a Romulan political killing.

Between handing medical tools to T'Rann, Raynor kept sharp watch over the neural readouts.  Having to watch this happen all over again made it seem even longer.

T'Rann worked quickly and quietly to save her patient's life, knowing that the slightest mistake could cause a snowball effect very quickly and that life could easily be lost. She ran the regenerator over the damaged blood vessels, the tool working to repair them. The blood flow out of the wound slowed, then stopped.

Leaving the skull open so as to keep an eye on it for any further leakages, she moved on to her patient's neck and chest. A quick incision to the side of the neck allowed the gathered blood to escape and relieve the pressure before an application of the vascular regenerator healed the damage done to the blood vessels.

"Prepare for an aspiration," the doctor told her assistant, referring to a thin tube that would be inserted into the lungs via the throat in order to vacuum the fluid gathered there. "She has lost too much blood to make an incision into the lung cavity a possibility."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
T'Rann worked quickly and quietly to save her patient's life, knowing that the slightest mistake could cause a snowball effect very quickly and that life could easily be lost.  She ran the regenerator over the damaged blood vessels, the tool working to repair them.  The blood flow out of the wound slowed, then stopped.  

Leaving the skull open so as to keep an eye on it for any further leakages, she moved on to her patient's neck and chest.  A quick incision to the side of the neck allowed the gathered blood to escape and relieve the pressure before an application of the vascular regenerator healed the damage done to the blood vessels.

"Prepare for an aspiration," the doctor told her assistant, referring to a thin tube that would be inserted into the lungs via the throat in order to vacuum the fluid gathered there.  "She has lost too much blood to make an incision into the lung cavity a possibility."

Nodding, Raynor turned to prepare the aspiration tube. The increasingly dire situation was starting to become more and more intense. Raynor knew that there was a chance that something terrible could happen to Ilana, but...he somehow had convinced himself that it wouldn't happen to her. Not on his watch. But, here they were, sweeping the blood from her lungs...and Raynor Hughes had to come face-to-face with the reality that his best friend might die.

"Ready," he said, as the tube was prepared for application.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 7:28 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Nodding, Raynor turned to prepare the aspiration tube.  The increasingly dire situation was starting to become more and more intense.  Raynor knew that there was a chance that something terrible could happen to Ilana, but...he somehow had convinced himself that it wouldn't happen to her.  Not on his watch.  But, here they were, sweeping the blood from her lungs...and Raynor Hughes had to come face-to-face with the reality that his best friend might die.  

"Ready," he said, as the tube was prepared for application.

T'Rann carefully positioned Ilana's head on the rest before taking the aspiration tube and starting the procedure. Thick, dark fluid flowed through it.

After a few minutes, it was over. The tube was pulled out. The incisions were sealed. T'Rann prepared a hypo of triox compound and a mild stimulant to bring Ilana around, injecting it into her patient's arm before stepping away.

"She will need to remain conscious for the next few hours in order to ensure that there is no further hemorrhaging. Can you stay with her?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 7:35 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

T'Rann carefully positioned Ilana's head on the rest before taking the aspiration tube and starting the procedure.  Thick, dark fluid flowed through it.

After a few minutes, it was over.  The tube was pulled out.  The incisions were sealed.  T'Rann prepared a hypo of triox compound and a mild stimulant to bring Ilana around, injecting it into her patient's arm before stepping away.

"She will need to remain conscious for the next few hours in order to ensure that there is no further hemorrhaging.  Can you stay with her?"

If time seemed to slow during the first round of operations, having to endure the second procedure...

Raynor glanced up as T'Rann injected Ilana with the hypo. Can I stay *with* her? he thought. Of course he could. I would probably strangle you if you tried to drag me away from this biobedside. Raynor wasn't sure if that was an exaggeration or not. Instead of threatening the Vulcan, though, he just gave a curt nod. "I will be here."

And so he was, sitting beside of the bed, gently touching her hand. "Lana," he simply said, wondering what the reaction would be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]   Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turning Back Time [Raynor/Ilana]
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next