Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin smiled softly, raising his glass up.  New connection?  Oh, yes.  He very much liked the sound of that.  "Health is as good a thing as any to wish for," he said, touching Thelos' glass with a soft clnk sound.  Gavin didn't know if Andorians toasted like that or not, or if he'd just made the poor man think that he was trying to break his cup.

Tipping his cup up, Gavin took a drink of the blue liquor.  It had a hell of a kick, somewhere between being punched in the throat and set on fire, but he managed not to cough.  Once the burn subsided, the aftertaste was actually...quite pleasant.  "Wow!" Gavin said, immediately feeling his cheeks flush with the rush.  "That...woah.  That's...strong?  But good!  I like it."  To show that he did, Gavin took another drink.  Not too fast, though.

Thelos raised an eyebrow, but didn't comment when Gavin clanked his glass against his. He was sure he'd seen that somewhere before... but couldn't recall where and didn't really remember what the appropriate response would be, if there was any. Gavin didn't see to be doing anything aside from going right at the drinking part, so he decided to just go along and pretend like he hadn't just been confused, there. Nope, not at all. Perfectly socially adept over here...

He couldn't help but notice how Gavin nearly sputtered when the liquor hit his throat. The Andorian laughed goodnaturedly before taking a sip of his own. The alcohol felt no less like fire down his own throat... but Thelos was quite used to it.

"It's strong, yeah... I think the Romulans are the only ones that can rival the alcoholic content of our ale," the doctor said. He knew that a glass or so later, he'd begin to feel a bit warm in the face... nothing like the synthol, of course.

"So, Thelos said a moment later, after a second generous swallow of liquor, "How has the science department been treating you? Feel it was the right switch?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos raised an eyebrow, but didn't comment when Gavin clanked his glass against his. He was sure he'd seen that somewhere before... but couldn't recall where and didn't really remember what the appropriate response would be, if there was any. Gavin didn't see to be doing anything aside from going right at the drinking part, so he decided to just go along and pretend like he hadn't just been confused, there. Nope, not at all. Perfectly socially adept over here...

He couldn't help but notice how Gavin nearly sputtered when the liquor hit his throat. The Andorian laughed goodnaturedly before taking a sip of his own. The alcohol felt no less like fire down his own throat... but Thelos was quite used to it.

"It's strong, yeah... I think the Romulans are the only ones that can rival the alcoholic content of our ale," the doctor said. He knew that a glass or so later, he'd begin to feel a bit warm in the face... nothing like the synthol, of course.

"So, Thelos said a moment later, after a second generous swallow of liquor, "How has the science department been treating you? Feel it was the right switch?"

"I wonder if warnog is any stronger," Gavin said, swirling the blue drink around in his thick-bottomed tumbler.  "You're right, though...it sure as hell isn't synthehol."  His second drink went down a lot smoother than the first, now that he'd had a chance to acclimate to the ale a bit.  Either that, or it's knocking me on my ass quicker than I would have thought...

Thelos' question about Sciences took Gavin by a bit of a surprise.  "It's...going well," he said, glancing over toward the common area of the room.  "Hey, let's get more comfortable," he suggested, taking up his glass and the bottle and moving from the kitchen table to the couch in the small lounge.  Which, for junior officer quarters, basically meant 'walking one meter'.  It was still a soft couch, though.  In reality, he was buying time.  What could he say about his reasons for leaving Medical?  How much did Thelos know about Zero?  The truth about her?  He wished he could just come out and ask.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 7:21 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"I wonder if warnog is any stronger," Gavin said, swirling the blue drink around in his thick-bottomed tumbler.  "You're right, though...it sure as hell isn't synthehol."  His second drink went down a lot smoother than the first, now that he'd had a chance to acclimate to the ale a bit.  Either that, or it's knocking me on my ass quicker than I would have thought...

Thelos' question about Sciences took Gavin by a bit of a surprise.  "It's...going well," he said, glancing over toward the common area of the room.  "Hey, let's get more comfortable," he suggested, taking up his glass and the bottle and moving from the kitchen table to the couch in the small lounge.  Which, for junior officer quarters, basically meant 'walking one meter'.  It was still a soft couch, though.  In reality, he was buying time.  What could he say about his reasons for leaving Medical?  How much did Thelos know about Zero?  The truth about her?  He wished he could just come out and ask.

"Warnog? Hmm... Eh. Never had it," Thelos said. He tended to stick with the alcohol he was familiar with and rarely was as adventurous as he'd been when Gavin had offered him springwine- which, probably was a mistake. He had really like the springwine, even in its synthol state. Branch out a bit, Thelos.

When Gavin decided to move instead of giving a really direct answer, th'Zhela raised an eyebrow, then shrugged and got up to move as well. When he glanced over sand saw how relatively small the couch was, he briefly debated dragging a seperate chair over... but a small part of his brain overrode and decided to sit right down next to Gavin anyway.

"Going well?" he parroted once he'd settled down, glass in hand. "We miss you in sickbay... well, I do," he teased. "You never really did tell me why you left it... I don't mean to pry... but..." he trailed off, single antenna bent politely forward.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:04 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

"Warnog? Hmm... Eh. Never had it," Thelos said. He tended to stick with the alcohol he was familiar with and rarely was as adventurous as he'd been when Gavin had offered him springwine- which, probably was a mistake. He had really like the springwine, even in its synthol state. Branch out a bit, Thelos.

When Gavin decided to move instead of giving a really direct answer, th'Zhela raised an eyebrow, then shrugged and got up to move as well. When he glanced over sand saw how relatively small the couch was, he briefly debated dragging a seperate chair over... but a small part of his brain overrode and decided to sit right down next to Gavin anyway.

"Going well?" he parroted once he'd settled down, glass in hand. "We miss you in sickbay... well, I do," he teased. "You never really did tell me why you left it... I don't mean to pry... but..." he trailed off, single antenna bent politely forward.

Gavin was quite happy to note that Thelos opted not to bring his chair over with him. They were both quite small of frame, so the couch seated them comfortably. Quite comfortably, Gavin thought, enjoying the little spark of electricity that shot through him as their knees brushed. For once, he was glad for his lanky frame and long limbs.

"I miss it too," he said, after another drink, his voice subdued. "All my life, it's what I worked for...even if there were times I wasn't sure I wanted to follow the family profession. But it was my life." Gavin gave a sad little smile as he looked Thelos in the eyes. He really, really wanted to tell everything, but...he wasn't sure what he could exactly say. "I have a...a confidentiality. Not exactly doctor-patient, but...close enough. I wish I could tell you all of it, Thelos, but I can't betray a friend's trust. Suffice to say, I hold knowledge that a lot do not about a member of the crew. And certain elements wanted me to report on her. I...I couldn't do it. Not what they wanted me to do...to earn trust, and betray it."

Shrugging, Gavin finished off his tumbler. It was a statement that called for a drink. And a refilled glass.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:23 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin was quite happy to note that Thelos opted not to bring his chair over with him.  They were both quite small of frame, so the couch seated them comfortably.  Quite comfortably, Gavin thought, enjoying the little spark of electricity that shot through him as their knees brushed.  For once, he was glad for his lanky frame and long limbs.

"I miss it too," he said, after another drink, his voice subdued.  "All my life, it's what I worked for...even if there were times I wasn't sure I wanted to follow the family profession.  But it was my life."  Gavin gave a sad little smile as he looked Thelos in the eyes.  He really, really wanted to tell everything, but...he wasn't sure what he could exactly say.  "I have a...a confidentiality.  Not exactly doctor-patient, but...close enough.  I wish I could tell you all of it, Thelos, but I can't betray a friend's trust.  Suffice to say, I hold knowledge that a lot do not about a member of the crew.  And certain elements wanted me to report on her.  I...I couldn't do it.  Not what they wanted me to do...to earn trust, and betray it."

Shrugging, Gavin finished off his tumbler.  It was a statement that called for a drink.  And a refilled glass.

Thelos was silent, staring into his glass as Gavin laid out his explanation- well, half of one. The doctor felt he understood, or at least, he knew he could respect the idea of confidentiality. He was, of course, of the medical trade. (Although there were sometimes cases where even confidentiality had to be broken.) He didn't like the rest of it, though...

For the second time in the little get-togethers they'd had, Thelos took a sip from his glass that seemed to go on for ages. He blatantly ignored the growing burning sensation in his throat as he sorted through a few thoughts. The idea of anyone being forced out of a trade that they wanted by that sort of coercion was enough to justify any drink.

Only when he'd drained his glass did he stop, and coughed lightly in the back of his throat. "More ale?" he said first, having noticed that Gavin too had drained his tumbler.

Then, "I'm... sorry. No one should have to make that kind of decision." Thelos's heels bounced lightly, nervously on the bottom of the couch, as his feet were hovering a few inches off the floor. His voice said that he was sorry, but his antenna was pinned backward in irritation-not at Gavin, but really just directed at whomever had wanted Gavin or his friend under their thumb like that.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:40 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos was silent, staring into his glass as Gavin laid out his explanation- well, half of one. The doctor felt he understood, or at least, he knew he could respect the idea of confidentiality. He was, of course, of the medical trade. (Although there were sometimes cases where even confidentiality had to be broken.) He didn't like the rest of it, though...

For the second time in the little get-togethers they'd had, Thelos took a sip from his glass that seemed to go on for ages. He blatantly ignored the growing burning sensation in his throat as he sorted through a few thoughts. The idea of anyone being forced out of a trade that they wanted by that sort of coercion was enough to justify any drink.

Only when he'd drained his glass did he stop, and coughed lightly in the back of his throat. "More ale?" he said first, having noticed that Gavin too had drained his tumbler.

Then, "I'm... sorry. No one should have to make that kind of decision." Thelos's heels bounced lightly, nervously on the bottom of the couch, as his feet were hovering a few inches off the floor. His voice said that he was sorry, but his antenna was pinned backward in irritation-not at Gavin, but really just directed at whomever had wanted Gavin or his friend under their thumb like that.

"Oh yeah. More ale," Gavin said, his flushed cheeks looking quite apple-like. He didn't know exactly what all the Andorian antenna movements indicated, but Thelos wasn't too happy about something. That much seemed to be universal, indicated either through frowns or growls or pinned-back antennae. "Thanks," he beamed, clinking the Andorian's glass again. Their fingers touched for a brief moment. It was almost as intoxicating as the drink. "Well, I made a decision alright...a decision to walk away from Medical. I graduated dual-major in Biology as well, so I'm capable enough as a Science Officer. Plus...well, I'm kind of a genius." His cheeks flushed further. "I...I mean...I'm not bragging or anything, I really am. Dad had me tested."

If his cheeks got any rosier, Gavin assumed they'd catch fire...so he busied himself with another gulp of blue fire. The burn was really starting to lessen. Either that, or he was getting drunk very quickly.

A few more silent moments dragged on, and Gavin looked back up at the doctor. "Thelos...can I ask you something? Something real personal?"

Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:50 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Oh yeah.  More ale," Gavin said, his flushed cheeks looking quite apple-like.  He didn't know exactly what all the Andorian antenna movements indicated, but Thelos wasn't too happy about something.  That much seemed to be universal, indicated either through frowns or growls or pinned-back antennae.  "Thanks," he beamed, clinking the Andorian's glass again.  Their fingers touched for a brief moment.  It was almost as intoxicating as the drink.  "Well, I made a decision alright...a decision to walk away from Medical.  I graduated dual-major in Biology as well, so I'm capable enough as a Science Officer.  Plus...well, I'm kind of a genius."  His cheeks flushed further.  "I...I mean...I'm not bragging or anything, I really am.  Dad had me tested."

If his cheeks got any rosier, Gavin assumed they'd catch fire...so he busied himself with another gulp of blue fire.  The burn was really starting to lessen.  Either that, or he was getting drunk very quickly.  

A few more silent moments dragged on, and Gavin looked back up at the doctor.  "Thelos...can I ask you something?  Something real personal?"

"Oh, wow," Thelos said. For a moment, he reveled in how stupid a statement that was, before moving on. "I had a feeling that you were, uh... smarter than the average officer," the Andorian said. "I'm no genius, but clearly it doesn't take one to know one." He didn't think Gavin was being arrogant or anything, really. He was a little jealous, especially given how hard he'd had to work in med school to pull through his classes, but... really it was just a bit of awe.

The tension in his antenna had started to lax a bit during the ensuing silence, but it perked right up again in interest when Gavin spoke. What did he mean by... personal? Well, maybe he would have thought about it a bit more, but he was letting the alcohol go to his head and do a bit of the judging for him.

"Oh, er... yes. You can ask me anything," he insisted.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 12:15 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

"Oh, wow," Thelos said. For a moment, he reveled in how stupid a statement that was, before moving on. "I had a feeling that you were, uh... smarter than the average officer," the Andorian said. "I'm no genius, but clearly it doesn't take one to know one." He didn't think Gavin was being arrogant or anything, really. He was a little jealous, especially given how hard he'd had to work in med school to pull through his classes, but... really it was just a bit of awe.

The tension in his antenna had started to lax a bit during the ensuing silence, but it perked right up again in interest when Gavin spoke. What did he mean by... personal? Well, maybe he would have thought about it a bit more, but he was letting the alcohol go to his head and do a bit of the judging for him.

"Oh, er... yes. You can ask me anything," he insisted.

Well. Ball's in my court, now, Gavin thought, suddenly very hesitant. He knew, though, that...if this was going to continue, they'd be getting to know one another, knowing each other on a very personal level. He was hesitant only because he didn't want to make Thelos uncomfortable, not because he was uncomfortable himself. Gavin took that as a good sign.

"It's..." Sighing, Gavin took another long drink. As he set the glass down, he very nearly missed the table. Looking back up, Gavin gave a very small smile. "Can I ask you what happened to your antenna?"
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 12:26 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Well.  Ball's in my court, now, Gavin thought, suddenly very hesitant.  He knew, though, that...if this was going to continue, they'd be getting to know one another, knowing each other on a very personal level.  He was hesitant only because he didn't want to make Thelos uncomfortable, not because he was uncomfortable himself.  Gavin took that as a good sign.

"It's..."  Sighing, Gavin took another long drink.  As he set the glass down, he very nearly missed the table.  Looking back up, Gavin gave a very small smile.  "Can I ask you what happened to your antenna?"

And in an instant, Thelos fell silent. Oh, well that's one thing to ask. He had every intention of answering, though. He didn't want Gavin to think he was hiding it from him because he didn't trust him, but also because he felt he was ready to talk about it, anyway. The humilation of it was sort of brushed away by the mild intoxication he was feeling.

He took a short breath. "Yes, you can..." The Andorian then braced himself for what he was sure was going to be a long-winded and emotional explanation.

"Well, you see... the Chin'toka, my previous assignment... The last time I was on that ship, there was a normal mission going on like anything else, but something went wrong. Before anyone knew what had happened, the ship was, well, it was taken over. I really didn't know too much at first. I got into a little scuffle with one of the intruders in the halls and blacked out and woke up in a jefferies tube," Thelos began, explaining the easy part first, the backstory to fill in the picture of what he thought Gavin might already know.

"I got to the cargo bay, where a lot of other crewmen were locked up and guarded by the intruders. I was helping one of them when I was grabbed and taken to engineering." His voice was vaguely quavering by now, but he was determined to finish. "They had t'Koris there. They were roughing her up something nasty. They made me watch and weren't to nice with me either. I didn't like it, tried to speak out; and since they were angry with me for that and wanted to get her to talk... they... took it off." The doctor ended his sentence abruptly. Though he didn't want to squick out Gavin with any gory details, he figured he could get to that later, if Gavin really wanted to ask. He felt very strange, unloading like that, but he was glad he had.

Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 12:46 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
And in an instant, Thelos fell silent. Oh, well that's one thing to ask. He had every intention of answering, though. He didn't want Gavin to think he was hiding it from him because he didn't trust him, but also because he felt he was ready to talk about it, anyway. The humilation of it was sort of brushed away by the mild intoxication he was feeling.

He took a short breath. "Yes, you can..." The Andorian then braced himself for what he was sure was going to be a long-winded and emotional explanation.

"Well, you see... the Chin'toka, my previous assignment... The last time I was on that ship, there was a normal mission going on like anything else, but something went wrong. Before anyone knew what had happened, the ship was, well, it was taken over. I really didn't know too much at first. I got into a little scuffle with one of the intruders in the halls and blacked out and woke up in a jefferies tube," Thelos began, explaining the easy part first, the backstory to fill in the picture of what he thought Gavin might already know.

"I got to the cargo bay, where a lot of other crewmen were locked up and guarded by the intruders. I was helping one of them when I was grabbed and taken to engineering." His voice was vaguely quavering by now, but he was determined to finish. "They had t'Koris there. They were roughing her up something nasty. They made me watch and weren't to nice with me either. I didn't like it, tried to speak out; and since they were angry with me for that and wanted to get her to talk... they... took it off."  The doctor ended his sentence abruptly. Though he didn't want to squick out Gavin with any gory details, he figured he could get to that later, if Gavin really wanted to ask.  He felt very strange, unloading like that, but he was glad he had.

What was the old quote? 'Ask and you shall receive'? Just about sums it up, Gavin thought, trying not to look completely dumbfounded by the Andorian's story. He'd known that there had been an incident on the captain's former command, and that she'd been into an extended leave of absence after it. The rest was a subject of much speculation among officers of all levels. And here I am, learning a lot more about it than others, and... And he just wished he'd never asked. Still, though, it was brave of Thelos to tell it. From what he understood, the antennae had high significance among the Andorian people. To have Thelos trust him enough to relate the story...

Silently, Gavin reached down, taking the doctor's blue hand in his own, offering a comforting smile. "You don't have to go on any further if you don't wanna, Thelos. I can fill in the blanks myself." His hand acted almost of its own accord, bringing Thelos' to his lips, kissing the back of it. "It's no wonder the captain speaks so highly of you. You've very brave." His heart seemed to be palpitating at a thousand kph, the noise of it filling his head, distracting him enough so that he wasn't even embarrassed about kissing the Andorian's hand.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 2:09 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

What was the old quote?  'Ask and you shall receive'?  Just about sums it up, Gavin thought, trying not to look completely dumbfounded by the Andorian's story.  He'd known that there had been an incident on the captain's former command, and that she'd been into an extended leave of absence after it.  The rest was a subject of much speculation among officers of all levels.  And here I am, learning a lot more about it than others, and...  And he just wished he'd never asked.  Still, though, it was brave of Thelos to tell it.  From what he understood, the antennae had high significance among the Andorian people.  To have Thelos trust him enough to relate the story...

Silently, Gavin reached down, taking the doctor's blue hand in his own, offering a comforting smile.  "You don't have to go on any further if you don't wanna, Thelos.  I can fill in the blanks myself."  His hand acted almost of its own accord, bringing Thelos' to his lips, kissing the back of it.  "It's no wonder the captain speaks so highly of you.  You've very brave."  His heart seemed to be palpitating at a thousand kph, the noise of it filling his head, distracting him enough so that he wasn't even embarrassed about kissing the Andorian's hand.

Thelos hung his head. Despite the alcohol, the embarrassment was creeping up on him, and despite his best efforts, he found himself fighting to keep his eyes dry. Despite all the counseling, talking about had been a very strenuous experience for him. And he really couldn't fend off the nasty thoughts that were creeping into his head, either.

You should have been killed by that brute. No true Andorian would rather live with such an injury than die. But then again, you're not really acting like a true andorian, are you? he thought to himself as he glanced silently up at Gavin. Not with the people you see, or the lies you tell to your parents.

Oh, shut up... unexpectedly, Thelos found himself arguing internally. However, it didn't last long. There was that zing again, and he found himself with his hand in Gavin's and then a kiss pressed to the back of his hand. The Andorian immediately turned purple.
In that, he also felt a little bit better. Despite his self-doubt, he was really feeling happy being with Gavin, in any respect. Thelos's unoccupied hand trailed back through his hair, deliberately brushing against the rough stump of the antenna he'd lost.

"Thank you," he said, his voice hoarse both with emotion and from the copious amount of liquor he'd swallowed. Then, without another word, he dropped his other hand down and gripped onto Gavin's other hand before uncertainly leaning over and resting his head on Gavin's shoulder. His antenna drooped down slightly. "I'm... glad I told you."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 10:16 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos hung his head. Despite the alcohol, the embarrassment was creeping up on him, and despite his best efforts, he found himself fighting to keep his eyes dry. Despite all the counseling, talking about had been a very strenuous experience for him. And he really couldn't fend off the nasty thoughts that were creeping into his head, either.

You should have been killed by that brute. No true Andorian would rather live with such an injury than die. But then again, you're not really acting like a true andorian, are you? he thought to himself as he glanced silently up at Gavin. Not with the people you see, or the lies you tell to your parents.

Oh, shut up... unexpectedly, Thelos found himself arguing internally. However, it didn't last long. There was that zing again, and he found himself with his hand in Gavin's and then a kiss pressed to the back of his hand. The Andorian immediately turned purple.
In that, he also felt a little bit better. Despite his self-doubt, he was really feeling happy being with Gavin, in any respect. Thelos's unoccupied hand trailed back through his hair, deliberately brushing against the rough stump of the antenna he'd lost.

"Thank you," he said, his voice hoarse both with emotion and from the copious amount of liquor he'd swallowed. Then, without another word, he dropped his other hand down and gripped onto Gavin's other hand before uncertainly leaning over and resting his head on Gavin's shoulder. His antenna drooped down slightly. "I'm... glad I told you."

Feeling utterly terrible about having brought it up, a part of Gavin was still glad that he had. The question had to be asked at some point. Otherwise, how could this relationship truly continue? And yet, you held back on telling him all *your* secrets... Well. That was different. That involved the truth about Zero, which wasn't exactly information he could be liberal with.

Gavin felt his other hand taken up, and a contented smile settled on his face as the Andorian leaned in against him. He could feel the subtle brush of Thelos' antenna against his own hair, making him almost forget what he had to do next, and...Oh, right. 'Breathe', that's what it is. "I'm glad you trust me enough to talk about it," he said, his voice barely above a whisper. "The antenna will grow back, won't it? After a period of time?" From what he had studied of Andorian physiology back in his medical courses, he remembered that to be true.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Feeling utterly terrible about having brought it up, a part of Gavin was still glad that he had.  The question had to be asked at some point.  Otherwise, how could this relationship truly continue?  And yet, you held back on telling him all *your* secrets...  Well.  That was different.  That involved the truth about Zero, which wasn't exactly information he could be liberal with.

Gavin felt his other hand taken up, and a contented smile settled on his face as the Andorian leaned in against him.  He could feel the subtle brush of Thelos' antenna against his own hair, making him almost forget what he had to do next, and...Oh, right.  'Breathe', that's what it is.  "I'm glad you trust me enough to talk about it," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.  "The antenna will grow back, won't it?  After a period of time?"  From what he had studied of Andorian physiology back in his medical courses, he remembered that to be true.

Overall, Thelos was heavily relieved after telling Gavin about his traumatic injury. It probably would have become a roadblock in their well-forming relationship... which was the opposite of what he wanted.

Gavin was right- he did trust him with the information- even more than some of the counselors he'd seen after the incident. It made him feel very happy, and a little nervous at the same time.

"It's.... well, by technicality, it's.. supposed to," Thelos said, then fell silent. He'd been doubly embarrassed by the as of yet extremely slow regeneration. Eventually, the doctors had told him. Eventually he'd have it back, but how long was that? "As I'm sure you've noticed, it hasn't improved too much... maybe an inch longer now than it was then. There was something said about some compound on the blade that might be stunting it... but at least it wasn't halted completely."

The Andorian was then silent. He could feel Gavin's hiar tangled lightly around his antenna again, bringing back the memory of their hallways kiss not so long ago. Human kisses were still strange to him, but he wouldn't mind doing it again, and the thought had occurred to him already. Still, that would be very strange to do right now, even he knew.

"Ehhrm... Anything else on your mind?" he asked instead.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Overall, Thelos was heavily relieved after telling Gavin about his traumatic injury. It probably would have become a roadblock in their well-forming relationship... which was the opposite of what he wanted.

Gavin was right- he did trust him with the information- even more than some of the counselors he'd seen after the incident. It made him feel very happy, and a little nervous at the same time.

"It's.... well, by technicality, it's.. supposed to," Thelos said, then fell silent. He'd been doubly embarrassed by the as of yet extremely slow regeneration. Eventually, the doctors had told him. Eventually he'd have it back, but how long was that? "As I'm sure you've noticed, it hasn't improved too much... maybe an inch longer now than it was then. There was something said about some compound on the blade that might be stunting it... but at least it wasn't halted completely."

The Andorian was then silent. He could feel Gavin's hiar tangled lightly around his antenna again, bringing back the memory of their hallways kiss not so long ago. Human kisses were still strange to him, but he wouldn't mind doing it again, and the thought had occurred to him already. Still, that would be very strange to do right now, even he knew.

"Ehhrm... Anything else on your mind?" he asked instead.

"There's always something on my mind," Gavin said, his voice akin to a purr. The sensation of Thelos' antenna playfully moving through his shaggy auburn hair felt comforting, especially after the heavy information they'd just shared. "It kinda goes with being a boy-genius, right?" Grinning, he reluctantly sat up a little, reaching for the glass and re-filling it, topping the Andorian's off as well.

The warm buzz of the ale had settled in for the long haul, making his movements a little sluggish, his vision swimming a bit. He had achieved a nearly-perfect level of buzz, but the ale no longer burned. "Thanksgiving usually isn't this interesting," he said, giggling a little.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 4:02 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"There's always something on my mind," Gavin said, his voice akin to a purr.  The sensation of Thelos' antenna playfully moving through his shaggy auburn hair felt comforting, especially after the heavy information they'd just shared.  "It kinda goes with being a boy-genius, right?"  Grinning, he reluctantly sat up a little, reaching for the glass and re-filling it, topping the Andorian's off as well.  

The warm buzz of the ale had settled in for the long haul, making his movements a little sluggish, his vision swimming a bit.  He had achieved a nearly-perfect level of buzz, but the ale no longer burned.  "Thanksgiving usually isn't this interesting," he said, giggling a little.

Heh, Thelos thought, I suppose there is always something ticking in your brain. He sometimes wished he had a mind like that. Sometimes. Usually he realized that having so much information to process at once and having one's brain go all the time was much too complex for him to think abut as a good way for him to be. Still, he lauded Gavin for his brainpower, and for his achievements.  "You're a genius alright," he said brightly.

When Gavin shifted, Thelos found himself having to adjust where he sat, since his previous support was gone. His knees had drawn themselves up onto the couch and under him, though his feet hung off the sides a bit. For a few moments, he didn't say anything as his glass was topped off and he took a drink. Though he had a stronger tolerance for alcohol, he was definitely feeling the soft buzz from the liquor in his system.

"What," he said after a moment, antenna bent forward curiously. "All your Thanksgivings don't end up in soulful discussion?" He was teasing, but it wasn't the same lively tone as before. It was mellowed by his slight intoxication, but it was also because he was suddenly concerned that he'd made the night awkward again by explaining things that he had.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 8:49 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Heh, Thelos thought, I suppose there is always something ticking in your brain. He sometimes wished he had a mind like that. Sometimes. Usually he realized that having so much information to process at once and having one's brain go all the time was much too complex for him to think abut as a good way for him to be. Still, he lauded Gavin for his brainpower, and for his achievements.  "You're a genius alright," he said brightly.

When Gavin shifted, Thelos found himself having to adjust where he sat, since his previous support was gone. His knees had drawn themselves up onto the couch and under him, though his feet hung off the sides a bit. For a few moments, he didn't say anything as his glass was topped off and he took a drink. Though he had a stronger tolerance for alcohol, he was definitely feeling the soft buzz from the liquor in his system.

"What," he said after a moment, antenna bent forward curiously. "All your Thanksgivings don't end up in soulful discussion?" He was teasing, but it wasn't the same lively tone as before. It was mellowed by his slight intoxication, but it was also because he was suddenly concerned that he'd made the night awkward again by explaining things that he had.

"I guess that's what my paperwork says," Gavin smiled. "I don't often feel like a genius, though. I don't know if graduating college and becoming a doctor by age seven or something would have made dad happy, but it sure as hell seems like the 'genius' title doesn't do much for him."

Sighing, he drank more of the ale. Well, 'threw back' would be a more apt descriptor, since the blue liquid disappeared with shocking rapidity. Gavin resolved to push thoughts of his father out of his mind. He wouldn't let the bearded old tyrant ruin this evening.

Gavin set the glass down on the coffee table, trying to emulate Thelos' pose. It was a little more difficult for him, though, since his legs were a bit lankier. Finally, with some drunken fumbling, he settled in, grinning happily at the Andorian. "No," he said, taking up Thelos' hands in his. They were delicately tapered. A doctor's hands. "Most Thanksgivings certainly are not this interesting."

He wondered if the shaking in his hands was his own, or if it was something he was feeling from the Andorian. Or maybe a little bit of both. "So...um. Since we're all in...uh...question mode..." Gavin wondered why his throat felt so dry, since he'd been drinking for a while. "How...how about us? Where do you see us going?"
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 12:02 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"I guess that's what my paperwork says," Gavin smiled.  "I don't often feel like a genius, though.  I don't know if graduating college and becoming a doctor by age seven or something would have made dad happy, but it sure as hell seems like the 'genius' title doesn't do much for him."

Sighing, he drank more of the ale.  Well, 'threw back' would be a more apt descriptor, since the blue liquid disappeared with shocking rapidity.  Gavin resolved to push thoughts of his father out of his mind.  He wouldn't let the bearded old tyrant ruin this evening.  

Gavin set the glass down on the coffee table, trying to emulate Thelos' pose.  It was a little more difficult for him, though, since his legs were a bit lankier.  Finally, with some drunken fumbling, he settled in, grinning happily at the Andorian.  "No," he said, taking up Thelos' hands in his.  They were delicately tapered.  A doctor's hands.  "Most Thanksgivings certainly are not this interesting."  

He wondered if the shaking in his hands was his own, or if it was something he was feeling from the Andorian.  Or maybe a little bit of both.  "So...um.  Since we're all in...uh...question mode..."  Gavin wondered why his throat felt so dry, since he'd been drinking for a while.  "How...how about us?  Where do you see us going?"

The brief couch shuffling took a little coordinating, but Thelos didn't mind... he was much closer to Gavin now. The ale bottle was quickly diminishing between the two of them, and even Thelos had begun to sunk into a drunken, happy state. He was all to quick to lace his fingers with Gavin's, a rather lopsided smile on his face.

Thelos gave pause at Gavin's question, though. For a moment, he blinked while his buzzed mine took its time processing it. Where do I see us going? he thought to himself. He then felt very sad, which wasn't shown by his expression, but his antenna bent downward as if in defeat. I see us going a lot of places that I know won't be permitted. Not even the ale could let him forget the ever-present weight of his parent's judgement hanging over his head.

What did he want? He wanted to continue this with Gavin. He wanted to develop an even stronger relationship with him, because he knew he had to admit to himself that he'd fallen head over heels for this young science officer, and there was no denying that. However, if his parents knew he was in a relationship not only with another male, that he'd consider it monogamous as well, but that he was with a human, a mostly incompatible species, they'd probably... I don't even want to think about it.

Despite that, he didn't even begin to know how to explain it to Gavin.

"I see... well, I don't see this stopping, not at all... I don't want it to, and I doubt you do either. Well, I really hope you don't, anyway, and uh..." the Andorian trailed off for a moment, to see if he really was making an ass of himself, or whether he was just drunk. "I really like you. I just don't know... how much, how public.. no, that's not right." Too much ale. There was no easy way to say 'my family might disown me if they knew about you, no big' without sounding horrible, even if you were stone sober.

Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 8:05 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

The brief couch shuffling took a little coordinating, but Thelos didn't mind... he was much closer to Gavin now. The ale bottle was quickly diminishing between the two of them, and even Thelos had begun to sunk into a drunken, happy state. He was all to quick to lace his fingers with Gavin's, a rather lopsided smile on his face.

Thelos gave pause at Gavin's question, though. For a moment, he blinked while his buzzed mine took its time processing it. Where do I see us going? he thought to himself. He then felt very sad, which wasn't shown by his expression, but his antenna bent downward as if in defeat. I see us going a lot of places that I know won't be permitted. Not even the ale could let him forget the ever-present weight of his parent's judgement hanging over his head.

What did he want? He wanted to continue this with Gavin. He wanted to develop an even stronger relationship with him, because he knew he had to admit to himself that he'd fallen head over heels for this young science officer, and there was no denying that. However, if his parents knew he was in a relationship not only with another male, that he'd consider it monogamous as well, but that he was with a human, a mostly incompatible species, they'd probably... I don't even want to think about it.

Despite that, he didn't even begin to know how to explain it to Gavin.

"I see... well, I don't see this stopping, not at all... I don't want it to, and I doubt you do either. Well, I really hope you don't, anyway, and uh..." the Andorian trailed off for a moment, to see if he really was making an ass of himself, or whether he was just drunk. "I really like you. I just don't know... how much, how public.. no, that's not right." Too much ale. There was no easy way to say 'my family might disown me if they knew about you, no big' without sounding horrible, even if you were stone sober.

Thelos' points were fair enough, though they weren't really ones that Gavin had been hoping to hear. He wasn't surprised by them, though. He'd aced basic xenobio, and knew that Andorian couplings actually weren't couplings at all - they required a group of four. He also knew about the reproduction crises that plagued the Andorian people, and that they were at risk of possible extinction in a few generations. It was heavy stuff, especially for such a duty- and honor-bound people.

And yet...was not part of the experience of life about having freedom? Free to choose your partner, your life, who you loved? God, he thought, don't start throwing that 'l' word around already. You'll scare him under a rock for sure. That was what had happened with Grant, his last serious relationship, right after graduation.

"It's okay," Gavin smiled, reaching over to touch the Andorian on the face, softly trailing his fingers along the jaw. "You don't have to explain to me about family...and disappointing them. Though you," he said, giving an impish grin, "couldn't possibly disappoint anyone. You're kind, you're funny, brilliant, beautiful..."

Just like that, the space between them had rapidly closed, and he found himself with his fingers running through snow-white hair, with his lips closing on the doctor's azure ones, a repeat of what they'd shared in the corridor not so long ago.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 2:57 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Thelos' points were fair enough, though they weren't really ones that Gavin had been hoping to hear.  He wasn't surprised by them, though.  He'd aced basic xenobio, and knew that Andorian couplings actually weren't couplings at all - they required a group of four.  He also knew about the reproduction crises that plagued the Andorian people, and that they were at risk of possible extinction in a few generations.  It was heavy stuff, especially for such a duty- and honor-bound people.  

And yet...was not part of the experience of life about having freedom?  Free to choose your partner, your life, who you loved?  God, he thought, don't start throwing that 'l' word around already.  You'll scare him under a rock for sure.  That was what had happened with Grant, his last serious relationship, right after graduation.

"It's okay," Gavin smiled, reaching over to touch the Andorian on the face, softly trailing his fingers along the jaw.  "You don't have to explain to me about family...and disappointing them.  Though you," he said, giving an impish grin, "couldn't possibly disappoint anyone.  You're kind, you're funny, brilliant, beautiful..."

Just like that, the space between them had rapidly closed, and he found himself with his fingers running through snow-white hair, with his lips closing on the doctor's azure ones, a repeat of what they'd shared in the corridor not so long ago.  

[#stealthpost]

Thelos breathed a heavy sigh of relief as Gavin seemed to understand even what the Andorian hadn't explained. Oh, how great it would be if his family problems could just get tossed aside.... well, even is whole planet's problems, since it seemed like those were weighing on him too. It was hard not to feel responsible for the fate of his entire species... but at the moment, Thelos was getting the feeling that he was too drunk to care.

Really though, could he have asked for a better response from Gavin? Thelos had figured that most would have backed off, unwilling to face the stigma that had mostly been eradicated in most parts of the quadrant. The fact that he hadn't... well, that was a good show of Gavin's intentions, Thelos thought. He supposed that also came of having what seemed to be a near tyrant of a father in terms of expectations on Gavin's part. Maybe this doesn't have to be as stressful as I thought...

The string of compliments left the doctor's already flushed face a practically royal shade of purple. "I'm far from... from.." Thelos paused in the middle of his sentence as he felt fingers tangled in his hair and saw that Gavin was leaning towards him in a very familiar fashion. Unlike in the corridor, Thelos was a bit more prepared. By the time their kiss connected, Thelos had a blue hand gently resting at the base of Gavin's neck, and he had none of the hesitant stilted actions of last time.

Maybe it was the liquor, or maybe it was just the weight being off his chest, but as Thelos snuck an arm around Gavin's waist to draw him closer he felt that he didn't find anything wrong at all.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 10:11 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos breathed a heavy sigh of relief as Gavin seemed to understand even what the Andorian hadn't explained. Oh, how great it would be if his family problems could just get tossed aside.... well, even is whole planet's problems, since it seemed like those were weighing on him too. It was hard not to feel responsible for the fate of his entire species... but at the moment, Thelos was getting the feeling that he was too drunk to care.

Really though, could he have asked for a better response from Gavin? Thelos had figured that most would have backed off, unwilling to face the stigma that had mostly been eradicated in most parts of the quadrant. The fact that he hadn't... well, that was a good show of Gavin's intentions, Thelos thought. He supposed that also came of having what seemed to be a near tyrant of a father in terms of expectations on Gavin's part. Maybe this doesn't have to be as stressful as I thought...

The string of compliments left the doctor's already flushed face a practically royal shade of purple. "I'm far from... from.." Thelos paused in the middle of his sentence as  he felt fingers tangled in his hair and saw that Gavin was leaning towards him in a very familiar fashion. Unlike in the corridor, Thelos was a bit more prepared. By the time their kiss connected, Thelos had a blue hand gently resting at the base of Gavin's neck, and he had none of the hesitant stilted actions of last time.

Maybe it was the liquor, or maybe it was just the weight being off his chest, but as Thelos snuck an arm around Gavin's waist to draw him closer he felt that he didn't find anything wrong at all.

Alright... Gavin thought, ...this is happening. This is a thing. This is real. And then, the next thought. The most important one. Don't screw it up.

Seconds later, though, he came to realize that his worrying was for nothing. Thelos seemed to be genuinely enjoying the contact...if the gently-guiding blue arm around this waist was any indicator at all. Gavin's hand trailed along the Andorian's jaw and down his neck, resting on his chest, jolts of excitement firing along his nerves the whole way.

Unfortunately, oxygen was a necessity for the both of them, no matter how much they might want to defy it. When their lips finally separated, Gavin gave a slightly-punch-drunk smile, giving another one of those playful nips at Thelos' lower lip. "You were saying, blue boy? I think you're every one of those things." Oxygen break's over, he gleefully thought.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:28 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Alright... Gavin thought, ...this is happening.  This is a thing.  This is real.  And then, the next thought.  The most important one.  Don't screw it up.

Seconds later, though, he came to realize that his worrying was for nothing.  Thelos seemed to be genuinely enjoying the contact...if the gently-guiding blue arm around this waist was any indicator at all.  Gavin's hand trailed along the Andorian's jaw and down his neck, resting on his chest, jolts of excitement firing along his nerves the whole way.

Unfortunately, oxygen was a necessity for the both of them, no matter how much they might want to defy it.  When their lips finally separated, Gavin gave a slightly-punch-drunk smile, giving another one of those playful nips at Thelos' lower lip.  "You were saying, blue boy?  I think you're every one of those things."  Oxygen break's over, he gleefully thought.

Unknowingly, Thelos was coming to the same realization as Gavin- that he didn't have to worry about whether he was saying the right things, making the right moves. Everything seemed to be falling... almost miraculously into place. Son of ice on Andoria... I'm not.. breaking things again?

The Andorian was breathless once the duo parted, deep and heavy breaths pushing up against the hand on his chest. It left a sense of regret to be parted, but... the need to breathe was paramount. Thelos was a doctor, of all people knowing the importance of oxygen to the brain. Wouldn't want to faint, he thought amusedly.

He wanted to go right back to what he was doing, but... the moment of air to clear his head brought a little bit of doubt back at him. The Andorian's head tilted, antenna bent to the side as he leaned closer. Before he did anything else, or went any further, he had to ask: "--You good?"

[OOC- Impending fade to black, possibly. Up to you. :)]
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Unknowingly, Thelos was coming to the same realization as Gavin- that he didn't have to worry about whether he was saying the right things, making the right moves. Everything seemed to be falling... almost miraculously into place. Son of ice on Andoria... I'm not.. breaking things again?

The Andorian was breathless once the duo parted, deep and heavy breaths pushing up against the hand on his chest. It left a sense of regret to be parted, but... the need to breathe was paramount. Thelos was a doctor, of all people knowing the importance of oxygen to the brain. Wouldn't want to faint, he thought amusedly.

He wanted to go right back to what he was doing, but... the moment of air to clear his head brought a little bit of doubt back at him. The Andorian's head tilted, antenna bent to the side as he leaned closer. Before he did anything else, or went any further, he had to ask: "--You good?"

"Never been better," Gavin breathed, his forehead resting against the Andorian's and his eyes heavy-lidded. Gav wondered if Thelos could feel the vibration of his thudding heart through their contact. Gently, carefully, he reached up and moved to touch the antenna, his courage failing him at the last second as he decided to run his fingers through the Andorian's white hair instead, drawing him back in for another round of full-contact lip sport.

Gavin broke off once again, his cheeks flushed and pupils dilated. "Would..." he started, swallowing the lump back in his throat. It's not too fast, he thought. Both of us know what we're doing. "Would you like to stay here, tonight?"

[OOC: I'll leave F2B for your next post. ^_-]
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 12:24 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Never been better," Gavin breathed, his forehead resting against the Andorian's and his eyes heavy-lidded.  Gav wondered if Thelos could feel the vibration of his thudding heart through their contact.  Gently, carefully, he reached up and moved to touch the antenna, his courage failing him at the last second as he decided to run his fingers through the Andorian's white hair instead, drawing him back in for another round of full-contact lip sport.

Gavin broke off once again, his cheeks flushed and pupils dilated.  "Would..." he started, swallowing the lump back in his throat.  It's not too fast, he thought.  Both of us know what we're doing.  "Would you like to stay here, tonight?"

Thelos's relief at Gavin's confirmation that he was, in fact, alright was stayed by a flicker of motion in the corner of his eye. He nearly forgot to breathe as his blue eyes tracked the movement of a hand toward his antenna.  Automatically, the flexible appendage had bent backwards, not as an insult to Gavin but out of ingrained trepidation. On the opposite side of things, Thelos very much wanted Gavin to continue... If only for selfish reasons, despite the instinctual unease. However, almost as though Gavin knew- or maybe he just didn't want to poke at trauma- the hand altered its tragectory and wound up tangled in his hair instead.

When they parted again, Thelos breathlessly paused inches from Gavin's face. His eyes were cast downward, but as soon as he heard Gavin's question he glanced up, eyes alight with interest and a rather pleased and almost hopeful smile spread across his face. It wasn't an expression that was particularly common on the doctor's face. Oh, jeez.... I'm actually doing this, aren't I?

"I'd... Love to," the Andorian said, his slender fingers already working their way up Gavin's neck again. He pulled the science officer's lips to his once more, but his time he found himself leaning forward, eventually almost losing his balance and all but falling on top on Gavin- for sure not accidentally at all. A slight flustered Thelos looked down at Gavin with an impish expression. "Ah.... Computer... Lights down."

[Fade to black]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)   Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cold Turkey (Gavin/Thelos)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2