Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page

A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth] Empty
PostSubject: A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth]   A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 10:14 pm

[Deck 9 Stellar Cartography]

Julia stood at the main console in the stellar cartography lab. "Computer time?" Julia commanded the computer. "The time is 0100 and 22 seconds." The computer stated in her obnoxiously cheerful voice. At least Julia found it too cheerful for 0100 hours.

Julia turned her attention to the two crewmembers assigned to help her. She stood to address the small team. "Okay team, we only have three hours to chart the latest scans. We will be utilizing the Main Deflector to verify the scans and make accurate star charts to add to the Starfleet database. This will help Starfleet maintain accurate charts for this region. Engineering has so gratefully volunteered to shunt power to the Main Deflector to enhance our accuracy. This will require taking replicators, sonic showers and the holodecks offline. Hence the 0100 start time." Julia laughed at her joke about the hour. "All of our readings will show up on this screen. Light will throw off the sensitive light put off by each star; so we're going dark in this room."

The team nodded to indicate that they understand the project.

=/\="Ensign Rellek to Engineering. We're all set. Implement program Rellek 4".=/\=

=/\= Acknowledged Ensign. Have fun tonight. Engineering out. Main Engineering replied.

Julia and the team spent the next hour toiling away on their consoles working diligently to accurately map this region of space. The time quickly slipped by at 0230 a small noise came from the entrance to the lab and before Julia could yell out the door slid open. Light flooded the dark room, illuminating their work.

Julia didn't turn around she laid her head on the desk and rolled her eyes. "I don't know who you are but you just ruined the last hour and a half worth of work. Computer Lights!" Julia scoffed out.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth]   A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 6:10 am

Jiseth had nearly frozen mid-step when the lights came on. She wished she had taken her personal cloaking device with her. She looked up from the PADD in her hand to see the disgruntled faces of the science team. As luck would have it none of them outranked her, but she did feel somewhat sympathetic. For a Romulan.

"Apologies. Lock the door next time, Ensign."

Now that she was here, there was no sense in leaving empty-handed. Meandering over to one of the open terminals near the wall, she pulled up the star charts for the Gamma Hromi system. The second planet would be a location for many future visits, but the dynamics of the four stars orbiting each other intrigued her greatly. One G-type star, roughly a hundred times brighter that the one in the Sol system, along with two K-dwarfs and an M-type red dwarf.

"I won't be long..."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth]   A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 5:07 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Jiseth had nearly frozen mid-step when the lights came on. She wished she had taken her personal cloaking device with her. She looked up from the PADD in her hand to see the disgruntled faces of the science team. As luck would have it none of them outranked her, but she did feel somewhat sympathetic. For a Romulan.

"Apologies. Lock the door next time, Ensign."

Now that she was here, there was no sense in leaving empty-handed. Meandering over to one of the open terminals near the wall, she pulled up the star charts for the Gamma Hromi system. The second planet would be a location for many future visits, but the dynamics of the four stars orbiting each other intrigued her greatly. One G-type star, roughly a hundred times brighter that the one in the Sol system, along with two K-dwarfs and an M-type red dwarf.

"I won't be long..."

[Stellar Cartography]

Julia let out an audible laugh. Lock the door? That's her solution. Apparently the ships log designating this time as mine wasn't enough. Julia thought. She restrained letting the words escape her mouth. "By all means lieutenant. Don't let us stop you..."

Julia turned her attention to her team. "Okay guys, you're dismissed. We'll have to pick this up another day. We should be able to get engineering to allow a system interruption sometime next week."

She moved closer to the Lieutenant who had interrupted her work. "Well, it's 0230 hours and I now have nothing to do. I guess I could give you a hand. I don't think we've been introduced yet. Ensign Rellek. I am one of the science officers." Julia was still annoyed by the whole situation but no reason to be rude. She extended her hand for a handshake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth]   A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Chance Encounter [Julia / Jiseth]
Page 1 of 1