Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] Empty
PostSubject: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:05 pm

[USS Phoenix - Medical Lab]

There were few things that made Zero happier than when she was working on a genetics project. Had she understood the significance of the act, she might even have been whistling as she worked. This project was so much more fascinating than the ones she was used to. After all, the DNA she was working with had not two strands, but three. Doctor Kincaede had introduced her to the particularities of Andorian DNA, but she had never really been given the chance to play with it.

And now she played. Oh, she played with it. She had picked up that Gavin and his mate Thelos were likely to be the subject of much scrutiny on the part of the Andorian's family due to their relationship and Zero had wanted to help one of the few people she truly respected.

She was crafting the genetic code and fertilisation plan that would allow Thelos and Gavin to have a child.

The Augment glanced up as the door into the lab slid open. She was expecting Thelos to arrive soon, having requested his presence and assistance on a project. She hadn't told him the specifics, of course, wanting to keep those as a surprise. She nodded to the blue-skinned medic from behind the console she was working on as she spotted him.

"Greetings, Ensign th'Zhela," she said, then paused, frowning slightly as she tried to remember the next section of the traditional greeting. "I trust that you are well?"
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
[USS Phoenix - Medical Lab]

There were few things that made Zero happier than when she was working on a genetics project.  Had she understood the significance of the act, she might even have been whistling as she worked.  This project was so much more fascinating than the ones she was used to.  After all, the DNA she was working with had not two strands, but three.  Doctor Kincaede had introduced her to the particularities of Andorian DNA, but she had never really been given the chance to play with it.

And now she played.  Oh, she played with it.  She had picked up that Gavin and his mate Thelos were likely to be the subject of much scrutiny on the part of the Andorian's family due to their relationship and Zero had wanted to help one of the few people she truly respected.

She was crafting the genetic code and fertilisation plan that would allow Thelos and Gavin to have a child.

The Augment glanced up as the door into the lab slid open.  She was expecting Thelos to arrive soon, having requested his presence and assistance on a project.  She hadn't told him the specifics, of course, wanting to keep those as a surprise.  She nodded to the blue-skinned medic from behind the console she was working on as she spotted him.

"Greetings, Ensign th'Zhela," she said, then paused, frowning slightly as she tried to remember the next section of the traditional greeting.  "I trust that you are well?"

[Medical Lab]

So. Zero Alpha, the woman who seemed to be the embodiment sentient arrogance itself, had asked for his assistance on a... what kind of project did she say it was, again? If i think about it... she did not mention anything about it at all. If he'd received more information, maybe he would have brought a PADD, or some data slides, or something.

His train of thought broke when Alpha actually greeted him. Number two on the list of strange things today... but, at least that one made a little sense. She was trying to learn social norms. "I am, Alpha. Thank you."

"So, er, what's this project you wanted me to help with?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
So. Zero Alpha, the woman who seemed to be the embodiment sentient arrogance itself, had asked for his assistance on a... what kind of project did she say it was, again? If i think about it... she did not mention anything about it at all. If he'd received more information, maybe he would have brought a PADD, or some data slides, or something.

His train of thought broke when Alpha actually greeted him. Number two on the list of strange things today... but, at least that one made a little sense. She was trying to learn social norms. "I am, Alpha. Thank you."

"So, er, what's this project you wanted me to help with?"

It seemed to Zero that the Andorian was uncomfortable in her presence, but she brushed that thought off without too much effort put into deciphering it. He wasn't the first, and he certainly wouldn't be the last to feel that way.

"I require your assistance with a project concerning Andorian genetic coding," she replied to his question, moving on to business. That was, after all, why she had called him there. She brought up the strands she had been working on, the mainly Andorian codes sprinkled with a few human elements. "I do not have much experience working on the three-strand helix and I do not believe that I have caught all of the intricacies that go with it."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:59 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

It seemed to Zero that the Andorian was uncomfortable in her presence, but she brushed that thought off without too much effort put into deciphering it.  He wasn't the first, and he certainly wouldn't be the last to feel that way.

"I require your assistance with a project concerning Andorian genetic coding," she replied to his question, moving on to business.  That was, after all, why she had called him there.  She brought up the strands she had been working on, the mainly Andorian codes sprinkled with a few human elements.  "I do not have much experience working on the three-strand helix and I do not believe that I have caught all of the intricacies that go with it."

Thelos listened politely, then glanced over at her work screens. There were some rotating strands of DNA that were visible, and off to the side he could see some sequence input codes... and... wait. He glanced over and immediately saw his and Gavin's files open on an adjacent screen.

Was she reading though his files?

Then again, he was probably the only andorian on board for her to model DNA off of (although that thought was still unnerving)... so that could be why his file was there. Gavin's was there because....? His mind drew a blank. Zero was close with him, but what file info did she need for this?

"Er, I see... Well, I'm no geneticist, but I'll help any way I can. What's.. the purpose of this project, lieutenant?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:08 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
Thelos listened politely, then glanced over at her work screens. There were some rotating strands of DNA that were visible, and off to the side he could see some sequence input codes... and... wait. He glanced over and immediately saw his and Gavin's files open on an adjacent screen.

Was she reading though his files?

Then again, he was probably the only andorian on board for her to model DNA off of (although that thought was still unnerving)... so that could be why his file was there. Gavin's was there because....? His mind drew a blank. Zero was close with him, but what file info did she need for this?

"Er, I see... Well, I'm no geneticist, but I'll help any way I can. What's.. the purpose of this project, lieutenant?"

Zero waited politely for Thelos to look over the data she had collected and the DNA model she had managed to put together. She was actually quite proud of the model. It was as close to natural as she could get it, or at least as far as she could tell.

As he asked about the purpose of the project, she spoke as if it was just any other sample that they had collected from a planet they had passed. "Gavin has spoken to me on the subject that a lack of offspring would be a source of apprehension amongst your parents. I have endeavoured to create the genetic coding of your possible offspring in order to attempt implantation in a suitable surrogate should you wish."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:37 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero waited politely for Thelos to look over the data she had collected and the DNA model she had managed to put together.  She was actually quite proud of the model.  It was as close to natural as she could get it, or at least as far as she could tell.

As he asked about the purpose of the project, she spoke as if it was just any other sample that they had collected from a planet they had passed.  "Gavin has spoken to me on the subject that a lack of offspring would be a source of apprehension amongst your parents.  I have endeavoured to create the genetic coding of your possible offspring in order to attempt implantation in a suitable surrogate should you wish."

Everything was going relatively well. Thelos was interested in what Zero had to say, even if genetics wasn't his strong suit. Unfortunately for him, however... when Zero explained her project, he wished he'd stayed in bed that morning.

More than that, the knowledge was a shock to the brain. Thelos's brain reeled for a moment. She was doing what? What she knew... or, what Gavin had told her- was technically correct... but she'd interpreted it incorrectly. A hybrid child no more solved the population crisis than a total lack of children.

But then, why had Gavin told her anything? Does *he* want children?

"I... er... uh..." Thelos was unable to articulate much more than that for a few moments.

"Did Gavin ask you do do this?" He was dumbfounded.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
Everything was going relatively well. Thelos was interested in what Zero had to say, even if genetics wasn't his strong suit. Unfortunately for him, however... when Zero explained her project, he wished he'd stayed in bed that morning.

More than that, the knowledge was a shock to the brain. Thelos's brain reeled for a moment. She was doing what? What she knew... or, what Gavin had told her- was technically correct... but she'd interpreted it incorrectly. A hybrid child no more solved the population crisis than a total lack of children.

But then, why had Gavin told her anything? Does *he* want children?

"I... er... uh..." Thelos was unable to articulate much more than that for a few moments.

"Did Gavin ask you do do this?" He was dumbfounded.

Thelos' reaction to her words was not the one that Zero would have predicted, had she been bothered enough to do those calculations. On the other hand, she had to wonder whether or not she could have done the calculations given how little she actually knew about the Andorian.

"No, he made no direct request of me. He simply articulated that a lack of heirs was likely to be a point of contention between yourselves and your respective parents. I wished to assist."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:17 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Thelos' reaction to her words was not the one that Zero would have predicted, had she been bothered enough to do those calculations.  On the other hand, she had to wonder whether or not she could have done the calculations given how little she actually knew about the Andorian.

"No, he made no direct request of me.  He simply articulated that a lack of heirs was likely to be a point of contention between yourselves and your respective parents.  I wished to assist."

Ok, that settles that, then... the Andorian's mind was racing, spinning, tripping over itself. Easy, Thelos... she didn't actually impregnate anyone with this... it's just an option available to you. Calm down.

"I... I see. As a general lesson for the future, people can be made to feel very awkward if you 'assist' without being asked. Sometimes this isn't the case, but if the intent is to create or give something alive, then it may be wise to ask them directly, first."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
Ok, that settles that, then... the Andorian's mind was racing, spinning, tripping over itself. Easy, Thelos... she didn't actually impregnate anyone with this... it's just an option available to you. Calm down.

"I... I see. As a general lesson for the future, people can be made to feel very awkward if you 'assist' without being asked. Sometimes this isn't the case, but if the intent is to create or give something alive, then it may be wise to ask them directly, first."

The Augment tilted her head to one side with an expression of some confusion on her face. This certainly was bizarre to Zero, but she decided that it was perhaps something that she needed to do a little more research into the topic.

"It is? I was unaware of this fact. Jiseth exhibited delight when I informed her that I had created a child for us, and there are many mentions in the cultural databases of humans and humanoids enjoying the 'surprise' of a child's conception."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:28 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

The Augment tilted her head to one side with an expression of some confusion on her face.  This certainly was bizarre to Zero, but she decided that it was perhaps something that she needed to do a little more research into the topic.

"It is?  I was unaware of this fact.  Jiseth exhibited delight when I informed her that I had created a child for us, and there are many mentions in the cultural databases of humans and humanoids enjoying the 'surprise' of a child's conception."

"That is certainly true for some. Not for all, however." Although I say this as a member of a species hell-bent on reproduction in its maximum capacity. Thelos wouldn't... well, it's not like he wouldn't mind a child... but this would just add another thick layer of hatred or guilt from his parents.

"This instance is a very particularly complicated one. The fact that Gavin knows nothing of this is not a good thing."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
"That is certainly true for some. Not for all, however." Although I say this as a member of a species hell-bent on reproduction in its maximum capacity. Thelos wouldn't... well, it's not like he wouldn't mind a child... but this would just add another thick layer of hatred or guilt from his parents.

"This instance is a very particularly complicated one. The fact that Gavin knows nothing of this is not a good thing."

Looking back down at her console, Zero considered the gently turning helix, then closed the program with a sigh. "I have much to learn that is not evident," she said in a heavy tone. "I did not wish Gavin to know of it until I was certain that it would generate a viable embryo. It is not as simple a task as it would appear when one attempts to create one from more than one species."

She looked up at Thelos with a contemplative expression on her face. "I had also considered a plan in which your biological make up could be altered temporarily in order to accommodate a child."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:44 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Looking back down at her console, Zero considered the gently turning helix, then closed the program with a sigh.  "I have much to learn that is not evident," she said in a heavy tone.  "I did not wish Gavin to know of it until I was certain that it would generate a viable embryo.  It is not as simple a task as it would appear when one attempts to create one from more than one species."

She looked up at Thelos with a contemplative expression on her face.  "I had also considered a plan in which your biological make up could be altered temporarily in order to accommodate a child."

She was right about one thing... modifying DNA like that took a hell of a lot of intensive gene splicing and swapping... it was totally out of Thelos's range of knowledge. "I see how you thought that. I...think you should inform him,anyway. I don't think I could do it justice in an explination."

Zero's next words blew right over his head. "Me? Are you attempting to turn me into a Zhavey? Is that even possible?" Such a strange mental image...
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:02 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
She was right about one thing... modifying DNA like that took a hell of a lot of intensive gene splicing and swapping... it was totally out of Thelos's range of knowledge. "I see how you thought that. I...think you should inform him,anyway. I don't think I could do it justice in an explination."

Zero's next words blew right over his head. "Me? Are you attempting to turn me into a Zhavey? Is that even possible?" Such a strange mental image...

"I am not sure that informing Gavin of my actions is a course of action that I wish to take," Zero replied. "It is a concept that appears to have been in error, and therefore it may cause offense to him. I do not wish to cause offense."

His next question caught her off guard in that he wasn't aware that it was possible. "I believe that it is possible, yes," she stated. "Many operations to change sexual gender have been performed over the past three hundred years."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:08 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

"I am not sure that informing Gavin of my actions is a course of action that I wish to take," Zero replied.  "It is a concept that appears to have been in error, and therefore it may cause offense to him.  I do not wish to cause offense."

His next question caught her off guard in that he wasn't aware that it was possible.  "I believe that it is possible, yes," she stated.  "Many operations to change sexual gender have been performed over the past three hundred years."

"I feel as though Gavin has the right to know, even if his reaction is a negative one," Thelos reasoned. There was a tiny bit of him that hoped that Gavin would take the notion better than he had...no matter how ridiculous the prospect was. I really don't know how I'm supposed to react to this.

"... Well yes," he said to the notion of sex-change operations. "I am aware of that much... but not typically for this purpose. it is... an interesting concept."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:12 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
"I feel as though Gavin has the right to know, even if his reaction is a negative one," Thelos reasoned. There was a tiny bit of him that hoped that Gavin would take the notion better than he had...no matter how ridiculous the prospect was. I really don't know how I'm supposed to react to this.

"... Well yes," he said to the notion of sex-change operations. "I am aware of that much... but not typically for this purpose. it is... an interesting concept."

Thankfully, Zero was not one to squirm when faced when something that she didn't want to do. If anything, she stamped her foot and threw a temper tantrum. Fortunately for Thelos, she was learning how not to do that.

"I still do not wish to tell him," she muttered. "He may find some form of hilarity in the situation that I will not understand, or he may take it as a slight, in which case I will have lost a friend that I treasure."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 1:42 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Thankfully, Zero was not one to squirm when faced when something that she didn't want to do.  If anything, she stamped her foot and threw a temper tantrum.  Fortunately for Thelos, she was learning how not to do that.

"I still do not wish to tell him," she muttered.  "He may find some form of hilarity in the situation that I will not understand, or he may take it as a slight, in which case I will have lost a friend that I treasure."

Thelos forced himself to actually consider her words. He didn't think Gavin would react like that, but... this issue was so out of the ordinary that he couldn't be sure. Then again, he really couldn't feel morally conscious about leaving his boyfriend in the dark over something like this.

"While I'm sure he wouldn't do anything like that... if... you believe it better... I could tell him myself," the Andorian offered. Regret sank in a moment later, but he didn't say anything about it.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 5:37 am

The Augment considered Thelos' words for a moment, but then shook her head. "If you were to inform Gavin of my activities, it would not be unexpected for him to believe that you were aware of the project from its inception. That would likely do irreparable damage to your relationship. I do not wish to be the cause of such." She pulled a face. "Gavin has taught me that there will be moments such as this that I will not wish to encounter, but he was absolute in his belief that I may not avoid them."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 12:24 am

Zero Alpha wrote:
The Augment considered Thelos' words for a moment, but then shook her head.  "If you were to inform Gavin of my activities, it would not be unexpected for him to believe that you were aware of the project from its inception.  That would likely do irreparable damage to your relationship.  I do not wish to be the cause of such."  She pulled a face.  "Gavin has taught me that there will be moments such as this that I will not wish to encounter, but he was absolute in his belief that I may not avoid them."

Thelos was beginning to feel very stressed. He could feel the hot waves of unease creeping up on him as he desperately searched for a way out of this catch-22 situation. "Miss Alpha, by telling me of this project, you've already involved both of us. If I do not tell him, he will be upset that I kept it from him." He knew he'd be upset in Gavin's shoes.

Taking a deep breath, Thelos rubbed his face before speaking again. "Well, he's right about that... this isn't a good situation and there's no way to avoid it. But... I don't think Gavin should be kept in the dark. If he's upset with it, then so be it... but I won't hide things from him."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 6:13 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
Thelos was beginning to feel very stressed. He could feel the hot waves of unease creeping up on him as he desperately searched for a way out of this catch-22 situation. "Miss Alpha, by telling me of this project, you've already involved both of us. If I do not tell him, he will be upset that I kept it from him." He knew he'd be upset in Gavin's shoes.

Taking a deep breath, Thelos rubbed his face before speaking again. "Well, he's right about that... this isn't a good situation and there's no way to avoid it. But... I don't think Gavin should be kept in the dark. If he's upset with it, then so be it... but I won't hide things from him."

Taking a mental step back from the situation, Zero observed it for a moment, trying to get a reading on the Andorian. In a sense, they were easier to read than humans because of their antennae, but it wasn't a definite marker. She could tell that there was stress there and possibly frustration given the manner that he rubbed his face. Not that she could blame him for that though, they did seem to be going in circles.

Sighing slightly, she tapped her commbadge. "Alpha to Van Gelder. I require your presence in the medical laboratory," she said before closing the channel and looking back to Thelos. "Is there not a human expression: 'sooner is more desirable'?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 7:30 pm

[Medical Lab]

Whatever Zero had on her mind, it was surely more interesting than the comparative analysis of amoebic cultures that he'd been working on...so Gavin didn't waste much time in moving on to the main medical laboratory.

What he didn't expect, however, was for Thelos to be there, too. As the doors slid open, Gavin stopped up short, his surprised countenance turning from Zero to Thelos and back again. "Uh...hi? What's going on?"
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
[Medical Lab]

Whatever Zero had on her mind, it was surely more interesting than the comparative analysis of amoebic cultures that he'd been working on...so Gavin didn't waste much time in moving on to the main medical laboratory.

What he didn't expect, however, was for Thelos to be there, too.  As the doors slid open, Gavin stopped up short, his surprised countenance turning from Zero to Thelos and back again.  "Uh...hi?  What's going on?"

[Medical Lab]

Well, then. Gavin had certainly wasted no time in coming down to to the lab. Thelos didn't know whether to be pleased, or damn terrified. How did one explain this kind of thing, anyway? He hadn't exactly had time to prepare.

The Andorian look frozen for a moment, before he took a breath and, with as neutral a mask for a face as he could manage, began to speak. "Well... Doctor Alpha has come up with a rather.. interesting.. manner of allowing us to... propagate." He was attempting to choose his words carefully, but he quickly realized there was no way he was going to be able to explain this without sounding crazy.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 7:22 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

What he didn't expect, however, was for Thelos to be there, too.  As the doors slid open, Gavin stopped up short, his surprised countenance turning from Zero to Thelos and back again.  "Uh...hi?  What's going on?"

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
Well, then. Gavin had certainly wasted no time in coming down to to the lab. Thelos didn't know whether to be pleased, or damn terrified. How did one explain this kind of thing, anyway? He hadn't exactly had time to prepare.

The Andorian look frozen for a moment, before he took a breath and, with as neutral a mask for a face as he could manage, began to speak. "Well... Doctor Alpha has come up with a rather.. interesting.. manner of allowing us to... propagate." He was attempting to choose his words carefully, but he quickly realized there was no way he was going to be able to explain this without sounding crazy.

Zero looked between the two males, wondering why they were dodging around the subject. It was an odd humanoid behaviour that she had been irritated to find herself having adopted when it came to matters concerning Jiseth and their new relationship status.

Shaking off thoughts of her own, somewhat unpredictable and circular, relationship, she let out a short huff of breath. "What Ensign th'Zhela is attempting to express is that I have used both of your genetic patterns to generate offspring that would be viable as well as researching how to modify his biology to allow him to carry the child," she said bluntly. "I was aware that you would both be facing difficulty from your familial units concerning the fact that you would be unable to procreate in your relationship."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 6:01 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Gavin's face split into a huge grin whenever he saw Thelos.  He couldn't help it, the way his blue boy made his heart sing.  There were damn few other times in his life that Gavin could recall being happier with someone.  His grin faded a little, though, at the expressions with which he was greeted.  What in the utter hell was going on?

Zero Alpha wrote:
Shaking off thoughts of her own, somewhat unpredictable and circular, relationship, she let out a short huff of breath. "What Ensign th'Zhela is attempting to express is that I have used both of your genetic patterns to generate offspring that would be viable as well as researching how to modify his biology to allow him to carry the child," she said bluntly. "I was aware that you would both be facing difficulty from your familial units concerning the fact that you would be unable to procreate in your relationship."

The old adage, 'be careful what you wish for', immediately sprang to mind once Zero piped in.  Gavin found himself with buckling knees, reaching out for something to hold him up.  Unfortunately, the lab table was a little further away than he thought, so he went stumbling backwards, falling flat on his behind, never once losing the stunned expression on his face.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 7:54 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
The old adage, 'be careful what you wish for', immediately sprang to mind once Zero piped in.  Gavin found himself with buckling knees, reaching out for something to hold him up.  Unfortunately, the lab table was a little further away than he thought, so he went stumbling backwards, falling flat on his behind, never once losing the stunned expression on his face.

Gavin's reaction was not one that Zero had anticipated for in her calculations of probability upon finding out what she had been doing with her time. Grabbing a tricorder from a nearby workbench, she scanned the fallen human. Finding nothing amiss in his readings, she sat back on her heels, looking at him with a puzzled expression before looking up at Thelos.

"I understand that simply passing out is not to be the cause for concern in humans. However, are you aware of any other elements that could be the cause of his collapse?"
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 3:12 pm

-Null-

Last edited by Safefta Pardek on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next