Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 3:13 pm

When Gavin promptly flopped backward, Thelos was at first moved to try and catch him. Unfortunately, with how he'd pinwheeled backwards there wasn't much he really could have done on that front. He still winced when he fell, though.

Thankfully, Zero seemed to have had the right idea by going up to him. Her question, however, nearly wanted to make him facepalm hard enough to knock himself out. "He fainted because the information we gave him was more than he was able to process in one moment," he explained simply to the naive woman.

He then knelt down by Gavin himself and gently prodded his shoulder. "Gavin? Can you hear me?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 8:22 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
When Gavin promptly flopped backward, Thelos was at first moved to try and catch him. Unfortunately, with how he'd pinwheeled backwards there wasn't much he really could have done on that front. He still winced when he fell, though.

Thankfully, Zero seemed to have had the right idea by going up to him. Her question, however, nearly wanted to make him facepalm hard enough to knock himself out. "He fainted because the information we gave him was more than he was able to process in one moment," he explained simply to the naive woman.

He then knelt down by Gavin himself and gently prodded his shoulder. "Gavin? Can you hear me?"

Brightness filled Gavin's vision, and it took him a moment to realize that he wasn't standing at the fabled pearl gates. No, they were the work lights in the medical lab. Where he had been, standing upright and functional until someone had said something...someone...something...

And then it hit him, making him want to close his eyes again. "Oh...hi, Thel," he grinned weakly, reaching up to touch his boyfriend's blue face. "I had the strangest dream. I could swear some goddamn lunatic was talking about you carrying a child."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

"'The information we gave him was more than he was able to process in one moment'?" the Augment repeated in a low tone of disbelief. "He has a mental capacity close to my own. There is little in the way of information that we are unable to process in a single dose."

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
Brightness filled Gavin's vision, and it took him a moment to realize that he wasn't standing at the fabled pearl gates.  No, they were the work lights in the medical lab.  Where he had been, standing upright and functional until someone had said something...someone...something...

And then it hit him, making him want to close his eyes again.  "Oh...hi, Thel," he grinned weakly, reaching up to touch his boyfriend's blue face.  "I had the strangest dream.  I could swear some goddamn lunatic was talking about you carrying a child."

Gavin's apparent awakening distracted Zero from saying anything else to the Andorian and she looked down at him with her head tilted slightly to one side. She then scowled, sitting back on her heels and turning her head away to glare to the side. Lunatic? Was that what he really thought of her? She pushed herself back to her feet, moving back to her workbench in a huff.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 11:17 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Gavin's apparent awakening distracted Zero from saying anything else to the Andorian and she looked down at him with her head tilted slightly to one side.  She then scowled, sitting back on her heels and turning her head away to glare to the side.    Lunatic?  Was that what he really thought of her?  She pushed herself back to her feet, moving back to her workbench in a huff.

Blinking slowly, Gavin got to his feet. He rubbed his fingers through his mop of auburn hair, sighing deeply. It was obvious that he'd hurt Zero's feelings, even if she likely didn't fully understand the sensation. Some best friend you are... he thought, quietly approaching the work station.

"Uh...Zero? Look...I didn't mean to call you a lunatic. It just...it's a lot to take in, at once. And this is the kind of thing that makes people uncomfortable, when you just randomly suggest that that people get genetically spliced to carry children."

Was he even ready for children? God, no. Not even close. He felt the world want to spin out of control again.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 7:20 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Blinking slowly, Gavin got to his feet.  He rubbed his fingers through his mop of auburn hair, sighing deeply.  It was obvious that he'd hurt Zero's feelings, even if she likely didn't fully understand the sensation.  Some best friend you are... he thought, quietly approaching the work station.

"Uh...Zero?  Look...I didn't mean to call you a lunatic.  It just...it's a lot to take in, at once.  And this is the kind of thing that makes people uncomfortable, when you just randomly suggest that that people get genetically spliced to carry children."

Was he even ready for children?  God, no.  Not even close.  He felt the world want to spin out of control again.

While Gavin talked with Zero, Thelos stood in the back and wrung his hands. He was just as uncomfortable, and really didn't know how to handle everything that had happened in the bast ten minutes or so.

He appreciated everything that Zero had done, but... how did someone even react to that? The Andorian walked up beside Gavin and gave him a strained smile. "Not what you expected... sorry."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 7:44 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
Blinking slowly, Gavin got to his feet.  He rubbed his fingers through his mop of auburn hair, sighing deeply.  It was obvious that he'd hurt Zero's feelings, even if she likely didn't fully understand the sensation.  Some best friend you are... he thought, quietly approaching the work station.

"Uh...Zero?  Look...I didn't mean to call you a lunatic.  It just...it's a lot to take in, at once.  And this is the kind of thing that makes people uncomfortable, when you just randomly suggest that that people get genetically spliced to carry children."

Was he even ready for children?  God, no.  Not even close.  He felt the world want to spin out of control again.

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
While Gavin talked with Zero, Thelos stood in the back and wrung his hands. He was just as uncomfortable, and really didn't know how to handle everything that had happened in the bast ten minutes or so.

He appreciated everything that Zero had done, but... how did someone even react to that? The Andorian walked up beside Gavin and gave him a strained smile. "Not what you expected... sorry."

Zero looked up at the couple, meeting their gazes easily. She had no regrets for doing what she had done, only that she had apparently made several errors in the more social aspects. Knowing what was right and wrong, acceptable and unacceptable, between humanoids was so very complicated.

"You are correct. By your standards, I am a... 'lunatic'," she stated. "I will not apologise for what I wished to do as I believe that I was not in error. I hoped to alleviate any pressures you may experience from your respective family units due to a lack of offspring in your relationship. I had hoped that it would... make you... happy, even if the project was not to come to fruition in the near future, but that it was possible."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 8:04 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero looked up at the couple, meeting their gazes easily.  She had no regrets for doing what she had done, only that she had apparently made several errors in the more social aspects.  Knowing what was right and wrong, acceptable and unacceptable, between humanoids was so very complicated.

"You are correct.  By your standards, I am a... 'lunatic'," she stated.  "I will not apologise for what I wished to do as I believe that I was not in error.  I hoped to alleviate any pressures you may experience from your respective family units due to a lack of offspring in your relationship.  I had hoped that it would... make you... happy, even if the project was not to come to fruition in the near future, but that it was possible."

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Gavin smiled softly at Thelos, touching his fingertip along the Andorian's cheek. "No, it's not at all what I expected. But that doesn't mean I don't like the idea of it, love."

He turned back to Zero, shaking his head slightly. His grin had a touch of wistful sadness to it. "lunatic is actually an obscure colloquialism, referring to apocryphal stories of madness brought on by the phases of the moon, and to a lesser extent, the pull of tides. Medicine's come a long way since then, Zero. No, I don't think you're a lunatic. In fact, I think you're sweet for attempting to help us. It's...a big step. Huge. And not something I'm ready for."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 4:09 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
Gavin smiled softly at Thelos, touching his fingertip along the Andorian's cheek.  "No, it's not at all what I expected.  But that doesn't mean I don't like the idea of it, love."

He turned back to Zero, shaking his head slightly.  His grin had a touch of wistful sadness to it.  "lunatic is actually an obscure colloquialism, referring to apocryphal stories of madness brought on by the phases of the moon, and to a lesser extent, the pull of tides.  Medicine's come a long way since then, Zero.  No, I don't think you're a lunatic.  In fact, I think you're sweet for attempting to help us.  It's...a big step.  Huge.  And not something I'm ready for."

It was difficult for the Augment to keep up with Gavin. First he was shocked by it, then somewhat disapproving, now he considered it to be 'sweet'? She mentally shook her head, deciding to think through it further when she was on her own.

"It is not yet complete in any case," she replied, looking away from the couple. "I... I will place this project on hold until such a time that you feel that you may wish to use it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]   Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Logical Deduction [Thelos/Zero]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2