Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers

Go down 
+7
Thelos th'Zhela
Safefta Pardek
Ilana Telak
Julia Rellek
Alexander Wu
Jiseth
Andrew Sheridan
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 2:19 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
The faint signals were very little but they were still something. "Aye sir. I'm redirecting the probe now and increasing the probes speed." Julia saw the readings spike on the probes readouts. "There." Julia pointed the spike to commander Sheridan. "Sir. A spike in the chroniton readings but I still am having trouble localizing it sir. I'm not sure if we're dealing with a temporal anomaly or not. I believe that we can safely utilize the probes data to go deeper within the nebula. I recommend we take the ship in."

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Andrew thought about Julia's recommendation, but shook his head a moment later a definitive no.

"If what I suspect is inside waiting; the last thing we want is to announce ourselves. Though the nebula would hide our ship for the most part...it will be harder to detect the probe...almost impossible. No, for now, we stay put and continue to get our signature masked before pursuing the vessel when the Captain is ready," he told her, and then realized he was still not explaining his suspicions. With a deep sigh, Andrew gave his theory, "A gateway...a temporal gate from the mirror universe," he added quietly. "Keep looking into the readings, and let me know what you find," Andrew stated before returning to his Captain's side.

"A word, Captain," he suggested quietly to Archangel...deep concern laced his voice.

[Bridge]

While she had been discreetly listening in on the conversation between her first officer and their chief science officer, Archangel had made the decision to let them get on with it and have them give her a report when they actually had any conclusions or plans of action drawn up. When she heard the plan to take them in closer to the anomaly, however, she decided to step in only to have Lieutenant Commander Sheridan come to the same decision as she had, that taking the ship in wasn't a good idea.

As he returned to her side, she turned her head to raise a questioning eyebrow at him. "Of course, Commander," she replied, nodding toward her ready room.
Back to top Go down
Safefta Pardek
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Star Cross
Post of the Month - Shore Leave

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 3:28 pm

NPC wrote:
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 Dc4301dc34f948ec0a29eaad9e6d30c6
IKS SuvwI'

[center]

=/\= To all vessels in the area, a starship masquerading as a Federation vessel has attacked a Romulan warbird.  We require any and all assistance in hunting this adversary down. =/\=

"Federation... They may be our allies. But I have learned to keep them at arms lengths. Many are honorable. I fought alongside several of them during the war." He sighed. "If it is our only option. Try to get them raise them. Send them a distress call. Its either that or we drift through space until a vessel passes by." The communication officer nodded indicating the line was open.

=/\="This is the IKS SuvwI' to unidentified Starfleet vessel. We have received your communication and believe that we encountered the vessel that you are pursuing. We met them in battle and were not victorious. We require... assistance.=/\= It was not easy for Klingon to ask for assistance. Especially following such a terrible defeat in battle. Defeat rang form his voice.

[Bridge]

With the tenseness of the bridge being as it was, Safefta had glued her eyes to her console for any sign of response from any ships that could be out there. No response was really expected... until the red flashing light on her display proved otherwise.

"Captain, there is an incoming transmission," she said aloud before allowing the audio to fill the bridge. She knew that Archangel was about to leave the bridge, but this was important.

"If they are requesting assistance, we should aid them," the Romulan said blankly. "I would bear in mind that it may involve bringing more casualties aboard, and given our current... patients... extra consideration may be required."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 9:42 pm

[Bridge]

Jiseth sat idly at the helm looking at the various scopes and displays. She was not going to move hundreds of people and millions of tons of metal without confirmed orders. How tracking the target ship was less safe than an unknown anomaly she had no idea, but that was of little concern at the moment.

Her right index finger tapped on the console about every two seconds. The Captain was near at least. Though coordinating with her crew mates on the bridge was... an uncomfortable position. At least Sheridan disagreed with entering the nebula. That much she was thankful for.

For a brief moment her mind flashed back to when she was on the runabout just as they began to cut through the hull. The life signs of the crew in the engineering compartment suddenly dropping to nothingness. She regretted looking out her view port and seeing their faces twisted in agony. It was a quick death, but more painful than she could imagine.

Shaking her head, Jiseth rubbed her eyes and felt a hand on her shoulder. The EPH was standing there with a fatherly look of concern. He functioned as the guardian angel of the whole department, but in particular for its chief officer. Moving around into the conference room, he fashioned a beverage from the replicator and returned to Jiseth with it.

"I've been monitoring your vital signs, my lady. This might help ease your mind. A hot chocolate."

"...Thank you, Otto. Any ideas for what to do?"

"We certainly won't survive a direct encounter alone. A single cruiser versus... some beast of a ship."

"They'll detect our communications if we try to link with the others out there... They'll be ready for us even if we have greater numbers."

"We still have greater numbers ever if we don't join them, my lady."

Jiseth was midway through sipping her hot chocolate when she suddenly stopped.

"...We could deploy the squadron. Hide in the nebula. Get the Phoenix to draw the target ship close... Shuttles could carry several photon torpedoes each. Fire them at once and then warp out to safety while the Phoenix finishes it off."

"Do you think the Captain would approve of a second sortie?"

"I think she would find the loss of a shuttle more tragic than that of her current chief flight officer."

"She probably wouldn't be the only one. True, Fornell would grieve your loss, but I might find myself thrilled to see Klara Meru as head of the department."

There was a sharp glare from the Romulan as she continued through the warm liquid in her cup. She knew he was joking, but all the same it could be a very likely outcome given the current situation.

"Be careful what you wish for."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 2:52 am

Safefta Pardek wrote:
[Bridge]
"Captain, there is an incoming transmission," she said aloud before allowing the audio to fill the bridge. She knew that Archangel was about to leave the bridge, but this was important.

"If they are requesting assistance, we should aid them," the Romulan said blankly. "I would bear in mind that it may involve bringing more casualties aboard, and given our current... patients... extra consideration may be required."

[Bridge]

Looking around at Safefta as she heard her fellow Romulan's voice, Archangel listened to the Klingon's message and considered it for a moment. It would seem that their unseen adversary was taking out all the ships in the area and doing a damn fine job of it. She couldn't help but wonder how long it was going to take before those rather efficient weapons would be turned on the Phoenix.

However, that wasn't the primary concern at that moment. It was a looming threat, but the Klingon vessel was in trouble because of an apparently Federation ship. They had to help.

Nodding once to Safefta, she turned to the helm, only to have her expression turn thunderous as she saw the state of affairs there and overheard the last few sentences of their conversation.

Striding the few steps to the helm station, she plucked the mug of liquid from Jiseth's grip, handing it off to a nearly ensign. "Computer, deactivate EPH," she said, glaring at the program. Her glower then turned to the pilot: "Lieutenant Jiseth, if you would be so kind as to plot a course for the Klingon vessel?" The tone of the captain's voice was cold, suggesting that the subject of her address had better not make any further transgressions or things could become unpleasant very, very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 1:50 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Nodding once to Safefta, she turned to the helm, only to have her expression turn thunderous as she saw the state of affairs there and overheard the last few sentences of their conversation.

Striding the few steps to the helm station, she plucked the mug of liquid from Jiseth's grip, handing it off to a nearly ensign.  "Computer, deactivate EPH," she said, glaring at the program.  Her glower then turned to the pilot:  "Lieutenant Jiseth, if you would be so kind as to plot a course for the Klingon vessel?"  The tone of the captain's voice was cold, suggesting that the subject of her address had better not make any further transgressions or things could become unpleasant very, very quickly.
[Bridge]

Jiseth suddenly felt like he was a small child being scolded after her officer dematerialized. It was humiliating to have the one thing that was bringing her some comfort swiped away. She knew the ghouls in black ops affairs operated differently than pilots. The latter group got by with jokes when working in dangerous situations, little comforts to maintain their focus in spite of all the stresses. The former usually were psychopaths and amoral lunatics. There was little pity among the military personnel in the Romulan empire for the high attrition rates in the Tal Shiar.

"It's already been done, ma'am."

The Lieutenant was only slightly warmer in her tone. She pointed to a screen on her left, showing the two warp jumps now with a destination solution to a fixed point which was the Klingon signal. Far faster than trying to navigate the nebula, a fact which was on her side at least. No one could deny the Romulan knew what she was doing. Not even an irate captain.

"My teams can administer first aid if Sickbay requires assistance."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 1:18 pm

Jiseth wrote:
[Bridge]

Jiseth suddenly felt like he was a small child being scolded after her officer dematerialized. It was humiliating to have the one thing that was bringing her some comfort swiped away. She knew the ghouls in black ops affairs operated differently than pilots. The latter group got by with jokes when working in dangerous situations, little comforts to maintain their focus in spite of all the stresses. The former usually were psychopaths and amoral lunatics. There was little pity among the military personnel in the Romulan empire for the high attrition rates in the Tal Shiar.

"It's already been done, ma'am."

The Lieutenant was only slightly warmer in her tone. She pointed to a screen on her left, showing the two warp jumps now with a destination solution to a fixed point which was the Klingon signal. Far faster than trying to navigate the nebula, a fact which was on her side at least. No one could deny the Romulan knew what she was doing. Not even an irate captain.

"My teams can administer first aid if Sickbay requires assistance."

[Bridge]

Archangel nodded once, curtly, to the pilot. Jiseth was definitely not in the captain's good books at that point and she was making no effort to conceal it. The distrust she had of the other Romulan could not be concealed in any case. The stunt she had pulled with the Tal Shiar rank... It sickened Archangel to think that one of their number could be on board the ship, watching her every move.

"Acknowledged, Lieutenant, I'll keep that in mind," she replied evenly before turning her attention back to her first officer, waiting for him to voice whatever concerns he seemed to have on his mind.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 8:43 pm

Bridge

Andrew watched the scene play out between Archangel and Jiseth without a word. He knew she had to still be reeling from seeing Jiseth as a Tal Shiar agent, but more seemed to be going on. Now, however, was not the time for this...not even a little bit. So, he remained quiet...for now.

Only once the two were in the Ready Room with the door closed did Andrew speak up. "I think we may have thought of this from the wrong point of view. The way this starship sounds...it makes me think of the details I have heard of the mirror universe, Captain. I would suggest that the vessel we are dealing with is none other than mirror universe Sovereign...not one of our's gone rogue. There is some chorniton particles Lieutenant Rellek and I discovered in the nebula...leading to the center area thus far. It is very possible they opened a gate in there, and the residual particles come from the enemy vessel traveling through the gate to us. We cannot, however, send the PHOENIX to investigate it directly. To do so would almost certainly be picked up if their gate is still open. That is why I have Lieutenant Rellek sending the probe to investigate. The probe, so small, and covered by the nebula will be almost impossible to find," the XO reported to his Captain calmly...his arms folded across his chest.

Though he had said all of this quite professionally; there was also a very distinct note of concern in his eyes...as well as compassion for his Captain. He was worried about her...a lot. Of course, there was also the recent revelation of just who Archangel T'Koris was, but that was another matter for another time.

"If she is a mirror universe vessel; she will be more powerful than even our own Sovereigns. Whatever her reason for being here causing this amount of chaos cannot be allowed to continue. Something tells me they are here for a single purpose...to wreck unholy havoc so they can come in unnoticed. Even if that is not their reason; we can't allow them to continue unchallenged. We have no other Federation starships close enough to call for aid. The warbird mentioned by the Centurion will be of a great deal of aid...assuming they wish to help. The wounded Klingon vessel was well...depending on if we can get them up to fighting power again. If not, the reports of the area said there was a second K'Vort patrolling around. Even with all three of us against such a vessel; the battle will be dire. They are made for battle," Andrew continued.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 10:02 am

[Captain's Ready Room]

Since she now had the proper opportunity, Archangel sat down behind her desk for what felt like the first time all day. It felt good to get off her feet, even if it was only going to be for a few minutes. It had already been a very long and eventful day, and it seemed to simply be getting longer and longer without any end in sight.

As Andrew told her of his suspicions, she leaned her elbows on the glossed surface of the desk, dropping her head into her hands so that her fingers pressed against her temples. By the Elements... Mirror universe? Chronitons? This wasn't her field of expertise, not even close. She had only barely scraped through those courses while she had been at the Academy.

"A Mirror Universe starship. Not just any kind of starship, but a Sovereign-class, is wandering around out there, trying to create chaos, and we're caught up in the middle of it," she said, more to herself than to Andrew as she tried to straighten things out in her head. "And on top of all that, I have a ship full of Romulans with a Tal Shiar ship of all things on the way as well as a Klingon ship in distress and Cardassians out there as well. This is turning into a diplomatic nightmare, Commander!"

Looking up, she noted the expression of concern on her first officer's face. She sighed heavily, rubbing her temples. "I'm sorry you had to find out about my connections that way, Andrew. When this is all over, I'll explain the situation to you, but I think you'll agree that we have larger matters to concern ourselves with now."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 10:16 am

Ready Room

"I completely agree, Captain," the First Officer stated with a nod as he took a brief seat across from her...the first time to do so since becoming her XO. He did not immediately comment on her outburst about the situation. After all, it was a very accurate statement. The mess this could turn into was absolutely mind boggling. He also knew Archangel hated dealing with temporal mechanics of any kind, but this was his field of expertise.

"Captain, that ship out there can tear us to shreds in single combat, but we are not alone. There must be a way to convince the others of what is going on, and soon. If that ship out there gets the chance to have us all turn on each other...then I believe...though I have no evidence...that it will be a prelude to invasion. With us weakened from the Dominion War...an all out conflict between the remaining powers would let them waltz right in here almost without challenge. That ship cannot be allowed to return!" Andrew stated firmly. His voice was low...dangerous...the seriousness of his tone clear. "No matter the cost...she can't be allowed to go home," he added for clarification.

True, he had no evidence that this was a prelude to invasion, but he could think of no other scenario in which a mirror universe senior line ship was presently causing havoc among the other powers and implicating the Federation while everyone was still reeling from the Dominion War.

"We must find a way to balance the battle more in our favor. Such a starship not only has the greater firepower and defenses, but greater agility than our vessel. The warbird has better firepower than we do, but still lacks the mobility. The extra K'Vort that is out here somewhere would help immensely to keep the enemy off balance, but I do not think the three of us together are enough without leveling the playing field through an advantage of terrain or something," Andrew continued as he gave her his assessment of the situation.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 10:35 am

Shuttle Bay

Some of the Romulans present in the shuttle bay began to look around quite unsure and afraid. The presence of the Dhael had been strange and even inspired them, but the memory of the attack on their ship...the loss of comrades still was fresh in many of their minds. Some even thought that perhaps the Dhael had betrayed them, but this was a very select few. The others were able to stop anything stupid from happening among their more hot-headed comrades.

"We cannot simply attack her people," the Romulan physician explained to four of the worst hot-heads present. Not surprisingly, they were all four part of the security force, and were young still.

The four looked back at the strange Federation officer going from one comrade to another...helping each in turn. All four of them seemed to sigh in frustration as they watched.

"We lost so many, Maenek Arrhae!" one of them countered with quiet fury. "How can we be sure that she hasn't betrayed us? That this isn't some elaborate ploy to keep this sickening Federation from feeling our wrath?!"

"Nveid, stop!" the physician countered firmly, but in a whisper...hoping to not draw attention of the Starfleet personnel trying to help her people. She should have been over there helping, but here she was attempting to keep chaos from ensuing. "Will you keep me from helping the remainder of our comrades with you foolishness? The Dhael has been a great link from the Empire to the Federation, and she has never once acted against us...except when she has to deal with the Tal Shiar...which none of us care for, and even then she has done so with honor. Now, help your comrades, and stop being a thrice damn fool!" It was clear she was losing her patience with them, and her furious voice was now loud enough for the medics of Starfleet helping to hear.

All four staggered back under her tongue lashing, but their eyes remained angry and resentful...still wanting to avenge their fallen people.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 10:43 am

[Captain's Ready Room]

"I am aware of the fact that we're hopelessly outgunned and outmaneuvered here," Archangel replied with a heavy sigh. "I may be able to control the Romulans we currently have on the ship, but the Tal Shiar ship is likely to be far more difficult. I... have a rather complicated history with the Tal Shiar, one their commander is more than likely to know about. We can open communications with the Klingons, but given that they've just asked for help, I'm guessing that their ship isn't going to be in a condition to fight and we don't have time to repair it. The Cardassian ship patrolling the area is another option, but I'm not sure how strong they are right now."

She pushed herself to her feet, walking over to the view port and looking out at the swirling gases of the nebula. "We're en route to help the Klingons. Send a message out to Starfleet Command and any Federation ships even close to us. The Centurion might be able to get a message through to the Imperial Fleet as well, ask them if they could assist, maybe even the Klingons as well. The more ships we can throw at this thing, hopefully the better the odds. I don't want the shuttles sent after it though, they'd never stand a chance."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 11:12 am

Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 David.Elliott_-650x380

ISS TYRANNY

Captain Andrew Sheridan smiled grimly as his XO linked into the nearby Federation relay station. It was not an easy task. Since the Dominion War his counterparts had gone through; security had been upgraded, but Commander Rellek was one of the best at decryption and invading security systems. He had complete faith in her ability to hack into their counterpart's system. She was a very capable officer, and not overly ambitious...at least not openly. Still, he didn't trust her completely...that would be a mistake. It was the mistake his own Captain had made with him. Gabriel Arthur had trusted him just a bit too much, and when Andrew had killed him...well the look of pure surprise on his former CO's face was still something that Andrew relished in.

"The download is complete, Captain. We should now be able to manipulate the situation further. All voice ID's and codes have been taken care of. I estimate it will take them two...possibly three hours to figure out what I've done to them," Julia told him in her normally wicked and icy tone.

"Excellent. Time to proceed with the next part of this charade," Andrew stated calmly...though there was an undertone of satisfaction and eagerness to his voice.

It was at that moment that a Romulan woman strode on to the Bridge. She swept her eyes over Commander Rellek's tactical station so briefly none even noticed her glance. Instead, she seemed not to pause at all, but kept on descending to the command deck, and there waited with head bowed in silence to her Captain.

"Ah, if it isn't my beautiful Companion," Andrew stated as he looked up. "I trust you slept well, Archangel," he added. It was not really a question. He knew she only slept well when he wasn't around...which wasn't often.

"I did, yes, Captain," she answered without lifting her gaze to meet his. Had she done so...it would have been a mistake. For there was the briefest glimmer of hope there in her eyes. The name she had read in command of the Starfleet counterpart in the area had been none other than herself. Yet, she did not dare to let her wicked Captain know she knew. Long had she practiced in letting him in to only certain parts of her mind. This particular piece of information was stored away in an area not open to him...sealed behind a reserve of titanium Romulan will.

"Good. I am glad to hear that, My Dhael," he mocked with a wicked smile, and then turned back to the campaign at hand. "I should be along to our quarters shortly. Make sure all is ready," he told her firmly without looking back up at her.

"Of course, My Captain," Archangel stated sincerely...a ploy she had long been building on to cover her hatred of the man that thought he owned her. She left the bridge without a backward glance. There was only going to be one shot at this....just one, but it would be worth it.

"Helm, proceed to our next target. Commander Rellek, prepare our next surprise," Captain Sheridan ordered.

"At once, Captain," Julia answered.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 7:35 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Archangel nodded once, curtly, to the pilot.  Jiseth was definitely not in the captain's good books at that point and she was making no effort to conceal it.  The distrust she had of the other Romulan could not be concealed in any case.  The stunt she had pulled with the Tal Shiar rank...  It sickened Archangel to think that one of their number could be on board the ship, watching her every move.

"Acknowledged, Lieutenant, I'll keep that in mind," she replied evenly before turning her attention back to her first officer, waiting for him to voice whatever concerns he seemed to have on his mind.

[Bridge]

I'm sure you will... Aaith llillealhono.

Turning her attention to the helm, Jiseth's mouth was still pleasantly warm and the taste of salted dark chocolate lingered. Her tongue slowly withdrew and went over her upper lip as her fingers danced over the controls more like a pianist than a pilot.

A chorus of bursts ignited from the ship's RCS thrusters into space. The Lieutenant's silent pipe organ. The stars in the view screen sank downward and then began to streak before slowing as the Phoenix pitched hard positive, aligning for the jump to warp. It would be only a short burst, but there would have to be a great amount of energy devoted to slowing down.

There came a rather zealous grin as she engaged the warp nacelles which flashed and sent the Nebula-class ship plowing through space-time like a superluminal freight train. The acceleration lasted what could be measured in seconds, but the coasting phase took several minutes. She was sure engineering was loving her at the moment.

Coming out of warp was not the difficult part. They still had a significant amount of momentum which was the only thing keeping the thrusters from overheating against the inertia of millions of tons of metal. Rather than slow to a stop and make the turn, Jiseth put the impulses engines to full deflection positive. From the nebula, it appeared as if the Phoenix were performing an inverted loop. Once aligned to the Klingon's location, Jiseth set the port impulse engine and RCS thrusters to full negative, rolling 180 degrees and engaged the warp nacelles for the second jump.

Content with herself that she could still manage the orchestra of devices for attitude control and locomotion, the Romulan began running her diagnostics to check for heat stresses. The size of a vessel mattered little to her. Given enough power and adequate room, even a Nebula-class could perform astrobatics.

"Approximately 5 minutes till we reach the Klingons, ma'am."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 2:34 am

IKS SuvwI'

Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 Unnamed_Klingon_Soldier_-4_ENT
Captain Vor'Char

Captain Vor'Char sat in his chair his head rested in his had as his ship sat adrift in space. Plasma vented from both nacells. Anyone in the area would certainly see him on their sensors. Most of his systems were offline. His warriors were beaten or dead. The ships weapons officer alerted the Captain to an approaching vessel. "Sir, the federation vessel is approaching off of starboard." The captain stood and began to address his crew. "Can we get shields online. This could be a trap." An engineering officer scanned his console. "Sir the shield generator was completely destroyed in the attack."

"Understood." The captain raised his head and turned to his communications officer. "Open a channel." She nodded indicating the channel was open.

=/\=Federation vessel. This is Captain Vor'Char. We have been attacked by the vessels that you warned of earlier. Given our current condition we are having difficulties isolating your precise location. Please respond.=/\=
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 2:44 am

NPC wrote:
IKS SuvwI'

Captain Vor'Char

Captain Vor'Char sat in his chair his head rested in his had as his ship sat adrift in space. Plasma vented from both nacells. Anyone in the area would certainly see him on their sensors. Most of his systems were offline. His warriors were beaten or dead. The ships weapons officer alerted the Captain to an approaching vessel. "Sir, the federation vessel is approaching off of starboard." The captain stood and began to address his crew. "Can we get shields online. This could be a trap." An engineering officer scanned his console. "Sir the shield generator was completely destroyed in the attack."

"Understood." The captain raised his head and turned to his communications officer. "Open a channel." She nodded indicating the channel was open.

=/\=Federation vessel. This is Captain Vor'Char. We have been attacked by the vessels that you warned of earlier. Given our current condition we are having difficulties isolating your precise location. Please respond.=/\=

Julias console began to light as she detected a fading transmission coming through on a Klingon frequency. She set her coffee cup down and began to attempt to isolate and clear up the signal. "Sir, I'm detecting a Klingon transmission. The nebula is interfering with the comm channel. Im attempting to clean it up now." A mixture of static and white noise came through the communication system on the bridge. "There it is... Ive almost got it." The sounds slowly transition into distinguishable words. "That should about do..." A powerful yet somber voice began to ring through the bridge.

Captain Vor'Char wrote:

It was apparent from the tone in his voice that he felt defeated. Julia knew that defeat never settled well with a Klingon. "Captain, this may sound terrible but im sure at this point they're angry and will be seeking revenge. This may be an incredible ally in helping us deal with this threat."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 11:53 am

Ready Room

Andrew nodded at his Captain's instructions. So far as last reports were concerned; the nearest Starfleet cruiser was two days away...the USS SOVEREIGN. While such a vessel would make for great support in hunting down the mirror universe vessel...assuming he was correct in his thinking...having her arrive would be pure stroke of luck. The other powers involved would certainly not wish for a mirror universe invasion, and despite the losses currently taken...they would be willing to help...he hoped.

Following his Captain back out onto the Bridge; Andrew gazed steadily at the view screen. There before them now was the wrecked Klingon K'vort. Julia had managed to clear up the transmission. If ever he had heard a resentful angry Klingon...it was then and there. The Klingon Captain clearly wanted nothing more than to blast away at something...anything. Knowing Klingons, he would actually more like a nice bat'leth match to sate his anger and thirst for blood. Allowing his Captain some breathing room to think on the situation; Andrew answered the Klingon signal.

=/\= Captain Vor'char, this is the USS PHOENIX, First Officer Andrew Sheridan speaking. My Captain is engaged in tactical plans to decisively deal with the vessel that dishonorably attacked you and your valiant crew. Is your ship repairable at all? =/\= Sheridan answered firmly, but respectfully. A single glance at Safefta was enough to question the amount of damage the Klingons had taken.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 3:22 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Ready Room

Andrew nodded at his Captain's instructions.  So far as last reports were concerned; the nearest Starfleet cruiser was two days away...the USS SOVEREIGN.  While such a vessel would make for great support in hunting down the mirror universe vessel...assuming he was correct in his thinking...having her arrive would be pure stroke of luck.  The other powers involved would certainly not wish for a mirror universe invasion, and despite the losses currently taken...they would be willing to help...he hoped.

Following his Captain back out onto the Bridge; Andrew gazed steadily at the view screen.  There before them now was the wrecked Klingon K'vort.  Julia had managed to clear up the transmission.  If ever he had heard a resentful angry Klingon...it was then and there.  The Klingon Captain clearly wanted nothing more than to blast away at something...anything.  Knowing Klingons, he would actually more like a nice bat'leth match to sate his anger and thirst for blood.  Allowing his Captain some breathing room to think on the situation; Andrew answered the Klingon signal.

=/\= Captain Vor'char, this is the USS PHOENIX, First Officer Andrew Sheridan speaking.  My Captain is engaged in tactical plans to decisively deal with the vessel that dishonorably attacked you and your valiant crew.  Is your ship repairable at all? =/\= Sheridan answered firmly, but respectfully.  A single glance at Safefta was enough to question the amount of damage the Klingons had taken.

IKS SuvwI'

Captain Vor'Char

The Captain sat in his chair. Smoke filling the bridge, meter by meter, it seemed to encase everything in its path in a thick layer. Blood continued to drip down the Captain's face and fall to the floor below. His communications officer began to speak. "Sir incoming transmission from the Starfleet ship."

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
=/\= Captain Vor'char, this is the USS PHOENIX, First Officer Andrew Sheridan speaking. My Captain is engaged in tactical plans to decisively deal with the vessel that dishonorably attacked you and your valiant crew. Is your ship repairable at all? =/\=

"Open the channel Lieutentant." She nodded indicating the channel was open.

=/\=Commander, this is Captain Vor'Char; I can hear you. I am unsure if our vessel can be salvaged. Most of the main systems are offline. Life support is failing. We don't have weapons or engines. We are adrift. We may be able to better assess the situation from your vessel. I do not have internal scanners. And most of my crew is dead. There were only 26 survivors." The captain sighed as he had to ask an inevitable question. "Commander, permission to have the survivors transported aboard your vessel. Together we can defeat this ship. They have no honor."=/\=

He looked around at his crew on the bridge. Bodies carpeted the bridge. The bodies of heroes. The survivors were covered in cuts some injuries were severe but they never stopped fighting and he knew they will continue to fight until they have their revenge or die trying.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 9:34 pm

Bridge

=/\= Of course, Captain. Please standby for transport, =/\= Andrew informed Vor'char. =/\=Medical, standby to receive twenty-six Klingon casualties. Transporter Room Three, transport Klingon survivors to the Cargo Bay, except for those Medical tags as in need of immediate attention. Those beam directly to Sickbay, =/\= the First Officer ordered over the comm to the two sections.

At that moment, he turned to his Captain. "Ma'am, I think I should go greet our Klingon Captain. You already have one guest to deal with. I'll bring him up to the Conference Room for a meeting. No doubt, we have some notes to compare," he said with a slight nod to the D'hael...his Captain...a woman he respected highly, but now had a lot to think about. Now, however, was simply not the time. He had a sense things were coming together...a sense of new challenges awaiting him....awaiting them all.

Having informed his Captain that he would take care of the Klingon guests; Andrew began to stride away to the turbo lift. "Ops, lets get a good scan of the K'vort. I want to know if our Engineers can help them get the ship back up to some kind of battle readiness within a reasonable amount of time," and with that last order given to help his Captain...Andrew left to meet Vor'char down in the Cargo Bay.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 11:42 am

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Bridge

=/\= Of course, Captain.  Please standby for transport, =/\= Andrew informed Vor'char.  =/\=Medical, standby to receive twenty-six Klingon casualties.  Transporter Room Three, transport Klingon survivors to the Cargo Bay, except for those Medical tags as in need of immediate attention.  Those beam directly to Sickbay, =/\= the First Officer ordered over the comm to the two sections.

At that moment, he turned to his Captain.  "Ma'am, I think I should go greet our Klingon Captain.  You already have one guest to deal with.  I'll bring him up to the Conference Room for a meeting.  No doubt, we have some notes to compare," he said with a slight nod to the D'hael...his Captain...a woman he respected highly, but now had a lot to think about.  Now, however, was simply not the time.  He had a sense things were coming together...a sense of new challenges awaiting him....awaiting them all.

Having informed his Captain that he would take care of the Klingon guests; Andrew began to stride away to the turbo lift.  "Ops, lets get a good scan of the K'vort.  I want to know if our Engineers can help them get the ship back up to some kind of battle readiness within a reasonable amount of time," and with that last order given to help his Captain...Andrew left to meet Vor'char down in the Cargo Bay.

[Bridge]

Having followed her first officer back out on to the main bridge, Archangel gave Sheridan a short nod of acknowledgement of his plans to see to the Klingons. It made sense that he try to handle them given that she was going to be quite occupied with the Romulans on the ship and those soon to arrive.

As he left for the turbolift, she pinched the bridge of her nose. Just what was she doing, thinking that she could have Klingons, Romulans and Cardassians on the ship, in as confined a space as the conference room? She was going to be lucky if all the people who went in came out again still breathing.

"Keep me informed, Commander," she called over her shoulder to him before turning her attention back to the viewscreen, thinking for a moment. "Ensign Pardek, if you catch this other ship on sensors, try to open a communication channel to it. I'd like to see if I can resolve this without the need to bring weapons into it."
Back to top Go down
Kahlandra Aneamu
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 11:49 am

Cargo Bay

Ensign Kahlandra Aneamu had followed her instincts in setting up a triage area in the Cargo Bay considering the amount of casualties Sick Bay was already dealing with. When the call came through from the ship's First Officer; she was even more glad to have it setup and ready.

=/\= Commander Sheridan, Cargo Bay is already set for triage, =/\= she reported after tapping her comm badge. Being aboard less than two weeks; Kahlandra realized that she had just given her first report to the XO for a mission. It made her gulp a bit, but she shook the anxiety away.

"Can't be worse than the time the Breen bombed us at Starfleet a couple of years ago," Kahlandra whispered to herself as she went about with a couple of Ops personnel to make sure all was indeed ready. Though she was technically assigned as the Ship's Counselor; Kahlandra had plenty of nursing experience from her days during the Dominion War while at Starfleet Academy. Her time there had not shielded her from the war...especially after the Breen bombed Earth. This wasn't her first time dealing with casualties...it would not likely be her last.

Sick Bay was already having to deal with so much from the Romulans they had rescued earlier; that having twenty-six Klingons coming up for medical aid was going to overwhelm the small cruiser's medical resources. That was why she came from her office to help. There was just no sense in putting her nursing talents away when the ship needed her at the moment. Besides, she didn't quite feel comfortable enough going to the Bridge to be her new CO's counsel during a crisis. She hadn't really seen her much since being welcomed aboard.

"Make sure those that the transporter scanners mark as critical are sent directly to Sick Bay. We will deal with the rest," she told the med tech working with the Ops woman at the transporter.

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 12:54 pm

[Bridge]

The helm officer remained tense with the Captain nearby. No longer fear, but something deeper. Boiling. Surely this is what volcanoes felt like if they could do so. Rage always had a way of bringing out images of fire and rivers of molten rock flowing down like vicious tendrils in Jiseth's mind.

As the counter began to tick down on her console, the Romulan dragged her hand down the throttle of the warp nacelles. The automated deceleration protocols would take care of the rest. The streaks of stars seemed to stop and even move backwards on the viewscreen as they returned to being pinpricks of light.

A growing image of a battered bird of prey was the only real indication of forward motion without looking at instruments. Jiseth glanced to the sensor readings as she set the warp engines to standby mode. How a plucky little thing like a bird of prey even survived a single shot from whatever attacked the warbird was beyond her. Maybe they were actually quite cunning-no. She had seen Klingon ships in action for years. Their enemy wanted to leave survivors. Faces added more to the dread reputation than wreckage. That look in the eye of someone who had lived with not only the memory, but the so much more damaging guilt. One's own soul tearing itself apart to the point one wished to have died with their comrades. Jiseth knew the feeling well, but damned if there were a welcome pair of ears now.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 2:17 pm

[Cardassian Ship Aldara]

Gul Alket sat on his bridge, watching the viewscreen as his mind replayed the message and logs he had received from his superiors, the warning about the ruthless Federation attack on their outpost and then the hail that had gone out afterward warning of a rogue starship. He wasn't convinced though. It could all be a Federation trick. While his original mission had been to render assistance to the outpost, it was now to find out whether or not the Federation was truly responsible, or whether they were telling the truth. Whatever the answer was, he knew that the Cardassian Union wasn't ready to go back to war.

"We have the Federation ship Phoenix on sensors, Gul Alket," his helm officer announced. "They are alongside a damaged Klingon Bird of Prey."

The Gul took a moment to think about how he was going to approach this situation. Firing on them was out of the question, that was just asking for trouble, but did he hail them or did he wait to see what they were going to do?

"Analysis of their posture?"

"Their shield are down, weapons idle. They are scanning surrounding space continuously, sir."

Gul Alket sat back in his chair, pressing his fingertips together as he contemplated the scene playing out on the viewscreen. "I think we'll stay here for the time being, wait and see what they do. Keep our shields in place, but keep weapons offline for the moment."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 4:32 pm

SHAENHA'ELH STELAM

Major Rhian had been paying close attention to the situation as it unfolded.  The destruction of the Cardassian listening post:  Nightshade had been unexpected, but it also had apparently attracted the attention of the lone Galor left in the sector:  ALDARA.  While such a ship was no match for the current challenge; it was at least one more to help should the four powers decide to come together against this particular foe.

That, however, was the question.  Dhael T'Koris was the PHOENIX's Captain...an honorable Romulan, but one who had no love for the Tal Shiar.  Still, to not aid her was a foolish move.  To leave this rogue Federation ship unchallenged could hurt not only her Empire, but the rest of the healing quadrant.  No, it was best to help.

"Decloak, Sub-Commander, and open a channel to Captain T'Koris," the Major instructed.

"Of course, Major," Aerv stated, and soon the dark Romulan D'deridex warbird began to materialize some 750,000 kilometers from the smaller Federation cruiser off the starboard side.

=/\= Captain T'Koris, this is Major Rhian Hwersuil.  We have come at your invitation in aiding the capture or destruction of this dishonorable Federation battlecruiser.  I trust our comrades from the fallen warbird have been well tended to.  A conference might not be a bad idea.  The Cardassians have a ship nearby, but they may need an actual...invitation before coming closer, =/\= Rhian began once the audio came up.[/i]
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 6:09 pm

NPC wrote:
=/\= Captain T'Koris, this is Major Rhian Hwersuil.  We have come at your invitation in aiding the capture or destruction of this dishonorable Federation battlecruiser.  I trust our comrades from the fallen warbird have been well tended to.  A conference might not be a bad idea.  The Cardassians have a ship nearby, but they may need an actual...invitation before coming closer, =/\= Rhian began once the audio came up.[/i]

[USS Phoenix - Bridge]

Archangel could tell that Jiseth was still as tense as a Ferengi facing the FCA, but she couldn't allow herself to be concerned with that right now. She had a ship full of Romulans, Klingons about to be arriving, and a Cardassian ship hanging off to the side. She couldn't afford to lose her nerve now, nor drop her façade.

She stiffened her spine again as a Romulan commander appeared on the viewscreen, keeping her expression as neutral and impassive as possible.

"Major," she replied evenly. "Thank you for coming, your assistance is most welcome in this unfortunate situation. We have all of the survivors from the destroyed warbird on board and are currently rendering assistance to those on the bird of prey. My tactical officer will forward transporter coordinates to you so that you may come aboard. I will contact the Cardassian ship and invite them to join us."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 11:18 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Bridge

=/\= Of course, Captain.  Please standby for transport, =/\= Andrew informed Vor'char.  =/\=Medical, standby to receive twenty-six Klingon casualties.  Transporter Room Three, transport Klingon survivors to the Cargo Bay, except for those Medical tags as in need of immediate attention.  Those beam directly to Sickbay, =/\= the First Officer ordered over the comm to the two sections.

At that moment, he turned to his Captain.  "Ma'am, I think I should go greet our Klingon Captain.  You already have one guest to deal with.  I'll bring him up to the Conference Room for a meeting.  No doubt, we have some notes to compare," he said with a slight nod to the D'hael...his Captain...a woman he respected highly, but now had a lot to think about.  Now, however, was simply not the time.  He had a sense things were coming together...a sense of new challenges awaiting him....awaiting them all.

Having informed his Captain that he would take care of the Klingon guests; Andrew began to stride away to the turbo lift.  "Ops, lets get a good scan of the K'vort.  I want to know if our Engineers can help them get the ship back up to some kind of battle readiness within a reasonable amount of time," and with that last order given to help his Captain...Andrew left to meet Vor'char down in the Cargo Bay.

IKS SuvwI'

Captain Vor'Char

A console exploded during the exchange with Commander Sheridan. The first officer was thrown to the floor. The final death aboard the IKS SuvwI'. His head sank as he replied to the Phoenix. "Thank you Commander." A blue cloud appeared as the Captain dematerialized. He re-materialized in the cargo bay. He stood in front of a tall man adorned in a red uniform. "Commander Sheridan, I presume." The captain didn't await a reply. "My executive officer was killed in an explosion just before we transported out. My second officer and weapons officer are dead. They are among the honored dead. May I present Lieutenant Grelkira. Our communications officer and now my first officer." A medical officer came over and began to scan Vor'Char's face and hand. The Klingon quickly swatted as if insects were buzzing in his face. "I am fine. Tend to the others please." He turned back to commander Sheridan. "Shall we make our way to the bridge. I would like to begin to plan the attack. Victory will be ours Commander."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next