Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers

Go down 
+7
Thelos th'Zhela
Safefta Pardek
Ilana Telak
Julia Rellek
Alexander Wu
Jiseth
Andrew Sheridan
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 10:54 am

Conference Room

"First Officer's Log: Stardate: 54861.02

Changes have come to the command staff of the USS PHOENIX since Commander Gabriel Arthur took sick during our previous assignment. In that time, Captain T'Koris has promoted myself to Lieutenant Commander and her new XO, and advanced Julia Rellek to Full Lieutenant and Second Officer while doubling as the Head of Science. It is hoped that Commander Arthur finds some measure of comfort on Earth where he was sent. In the meantime, things continue to move forward on the ship, and I am confident the crew will continue to work admirably.

Our exploration of the vast region of space continues; though the USS APRIL is no longer with us...having been diverted by Starfleet for a different assignment. There have been reports of other governments exploring this region...including the Romulans, Klingons, and Cardassians. I would not have thought the Cardassians would have any ships left to explore with considering the amount of destruction the Dominion War finale cost them, but perhaps it was part of an expansion program before the war. In either case, I have made sure all stations are aware of the possible presences of other powers in the area, and we will continue with our assignment. The last thing we need is for a misunderstanding to happen."

~Lt. Commander Andrew Sheridan
First Officer: USS PHOENIX

With the log recorded; Andrew swiveled in his chair to face the viewport. It was not as luxurious as that of Galaxy or Sovereign-class, but it was still a great view all the same. Perhaps, more importantly, it was his view at the moment, and that made it more special. The stars appeared to streak by as the cruiser continued on its journey at warp five doing what Starfleet intended...exploring. After the Dominion War, it had seemed almost impossible to think of exploring again, but then...he really hadn't been a part of that disaster. He had been watching the Borg take over in the reality he came from. Exploration had been a dream for Andrew...one he hoped Starfleet could continue as they seemed to be now, but ever in the back of his thoughts was his nemesis...the Borg.

He shook that away. Now was not the time to obsess over them. There would be time enough for that. Instead, he waited patiently for the Captain and Second Officer to arrive for their first command staff meeting. In this wait, Andrew took up his mug of hot chocolate, and took an appreciative sip of the tasty warm dark liquid...savoring the taste.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 11:27 am

Conference Room

There was utter silence, deafening, after the hiss of Jiseth entering. She noted the XO's reflection in the viewport. She hoped his ruminations were time well spent though she knew almost nothing about him. It was of little concern to her who was in charge. The flight department was hers. There was no ambition for rate or rank. Bring her boys and girls home in one piece. That was her only goal.

After a few moments she approached slowly. The PADD with her reinstatement orders in hand. Even after months of recovery, training and certification, she was finally ready in Starfleet's eyes to do what she was best at, but she could still overhear things. The Romulan who disappears. The probable spie.

Dominion War veterans seemed to all have the same hardened grimness in their eyes. Facing down violet fleets spitting azure beams that tore mighty warbirds and Galaxy-class ships alike with contemptuous ease. They took 60% losses on good days. In the man before her she saw something else. The eyes of a man who seemed to have survived a force of nature. A tidal wave that could not be stopped, only slowed. Stories abounded in the Empire of such a thing nearly destroying the Federation. Only fools cheered. How long before that wave hit Romulus she cared not to speculate. Eventually was soon enough.

"Lieutenant Jiseth, returning to duty, sir."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 11:40 am

Conference Room

Andrew had not yet met Lieutenant Jiseth; though he knew who she was. Swiveling around to face her; he found her standing ready to return to duty. His eyes cleared for a moment of the darkness as he focused on the duty at hand. A smile graced his face as he accepted the PADD from her with a nod.

"Welcome back, Lieutenant. I trust you have fully recovered. We have not formally been introduced. I'm Andrew Sheridan, the new XO," Andrew greeted her, and though he was smiling...his voice was still professional. It was a mix of inviting Jiseth home, and yet held the decorum one would expect from a senior officer...an openness that could be seen and heard.

The young First Officer scanned over the PADD, and then signed her back into active duty. "Your presence has been missed, Lieutenant, and I am sure the helm has missed you as well. Starfleet has us exploring this region, but be mindful...there have been reports of Klingons, Romulans, and Cardassians in the area. Be on the lookout for them. While we are no longer at war; I have no desire to have any misunderstandings. Any questions or concerns before I send you back to duty?"
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 12:17 pm

Conference Room

Something he said sliced through her. A small betrayal. She was Romulan afterall. The war had changed things. Forever. None could remain in isolation, the empires would have to make peace. A piece of paper would not stop the Dominion should they change their minds. Changelings infiltrated once, they could do so again, but that was a dangerous type of thinking. How soon till the witch hunts? A decade ago she thought only a traitor would go to the Federation. The Dominion forced barriers to fall. Not just electromagnetic ones.

"With all due respect, sir..."

She took the PADD softly from his hand.

"Things won't go back to the way they were. At Chin'toka, the first wave was almost entirely suicide runs. The Klingons took the most losses. I watched ships I had feared, crewed by mongrels be massacred in seconds. Damn near their whole fleet... They turned to us next. We were so focused on the orbital defenses that other waves got through. An attack ship lined up to ram the bridge of our warbird. I thought I was prepared to die... None of us really were. We tried anyway. Target the bastards even though we knew there wasn't enough time. A Klingon bird swooped in and rammed it before it did us. I'm here because those... A former sworn enemy... Everyone of us on the command deck wished to be so brave that day. So what of the other ships out there, sir?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 1:29 pm

It was proving to be difficult for Archangel to move on after the departure of her family from the ship.  Her morning routine had been completely disrupted and turned on its head without the organised chaos of trying to get the girls ready to go to the ship's child care facilities, without even the gentle pushing of her husband to have more than just a cup of tea before bolting from their quarters to the bridge.  Everything now seemed so much... quieter.

It was probably for the best though.  When the spiders had started to come out of the walls for Gabriel, when he had finally decided that he couldn't deal with their lifestyle anymore, (a decision she had been waiting for for quite a while now, truth be told), the only choice had been for him to return to Earth with the girls where they would be safe and she could join them when various elements released their hold on her.

It was difficult, but she was Romulan, and Romulans got on with their duties without complaint.

[Conference Room]

Archangel had stepped through the doors into the conference room just in time to hear Jiseth's words and gave a soft, almost sad smile.  The pilot had a point, but they couldn't afford to live in such an idyllic universe where one didn't need to fear their enemies.

"Allies, acquaintances or enemies, Jiseth, we treat all who don't fly under the same flag as us with all the courtesy we would want to see in return, but we stay constantly vigilant," she stated, stepping into the room and folding her arms behind her back.  "It's an unfortunate state of affairs, but it's the truth.  While fighting the Dominion, we had the added security that we were all fighting a common enemy, and the old phrase 'my enemy's enemy is my friend' came in to play.  We no longer have that element to keep us united.  I'm sure that I don't have to remind you just how quickly a piece of paper can be forgotten if it so happens to be convenient."  She then offered the pair of them a humourless smile.  "My apologies.  I forgot to say 'good morning'."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 1:52 pm

[Conference Room]

Jiseth tensed at her Captain's words. She turned and moved back toward the viewport. Archangel looked somewhat dissimilar to how she remembered. What had transpired in her absence she would have to find out later.

"...I should not have spoken out of turn, ma'am."

Remorse was rare for Romulans, but the two seemed to have an abundant supply of it. One had given the other a second chance. Too much to lose. Still so far to go. One step at a time now. Back to the cold war between the quadrants.

"How many are out there, sir?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 2:18 pm

Jiseth wrote:
[Conference Room]

Jiseth tensed at her Captain's words. She turned and moved back toward the viewport. Archangel looked somewhat dissimilar to how she remembered. What had transpired in her absence she would have to find out later.

"...I should not have spoken out of turn, ma'am."

Remorse was rare for Romulans, but the two seemed to have an abundant supply of it. One had given the other a second chance. Too much to lose. Still so far to go. One step at a time now. Back to the cold war between the quadrants.

"How many are out there, sir?"

[Conference Room]

"You didn't speak out of turn, Jiseth. I need officers that aren't afraid to speak their minds," Archangel replied, looking to the other Romulan. "You know, perhaps more than most, why I'm cynical about relations with other powers in the quadrants, especially the Star Empire."

Moving over to look out of the viewport alongside her new first officer, Archangel considered the question that had been asked. "It's difficult to tell with the Klingon and Romulan ships using their cloaking devices. The Cardassians are easier, but we're still waiting on a report from the tactical and operations department on what the sensors are picking up."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 2:40 pm

[Conference Room]

Julia entered the conference room with her coffee and several PADDs in hand. She had caught much of the exchange between Jiseth and the Captain. Julia was always surrounded by veterans on the war. There were few officers that were not touched by the actions of the war. Julia had always harbored a certain amount of guilt, at least since coming to the Phoenix. When her colleagues spoke of the war Julia often found it awkward. When war broke out she was just finishing her time in the academy and following graduation she was assigned to a deep space research station on the edges of the Beta quadrant. Unlike her colleagues, she had been spared the horrors of war. She lost many friends but was one of the few officers in Starfleet who never fired a shot.

Julia waited quietly for the appropriate opportunity to speak. She stepped from the corner smiled and took a sip of her coffees. "Good morning everyone. I apologize I am a little late. I was caught up in these reports." She held up the PADDs in her hands and placed them on the conference table. "Have I missed anything?"
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 3:04 pm

Conference Room

"My only point is what the Captain stated. With the war over; old agendas may come to the surface. I just want us aware. As for how many ships; the reports have only mentioned one of each power thus far. One Galor from the Cardassians, one D'deridex from he Romulans, and a K'vort from the Klingons. More than that would be speculation. And, good morning, Captain," Andrew stated with a smile for his Captain.

It wasn't long before he saw the new Second Officer walking in and greeting them. "Good morning, Lieutenant Rellek. I was only greeting our Flight Chief back to duty, and explaining that there were others out and about in the area other than ourselves. Apparently, the Klingons, Romulans, and Cardassians have at least one ship each out here exploring," Andrew continued with a nod and smile towards Julia.

Julia had apparently come quite prepared for the command meeting. The Captain, on the other hand, seemed just a tad off, but that was to be expected. She had gone through a lot of changes recently. It would take time to adjust, but she was strong...she would adapt and endure.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 3:17 pm

[Conference Room]

Archangel glanced up as their new second officer arrived, smiling faintly at the familiarity of the site. She had been the same the first time she had been invited to sit in on a senior staff meeting: bright-eyed and excited, PADDs in hand to take notes. She couldn't help but wonder what had happened to that young engineering officer who had loved her job so much.

"Good morning Lieutenant," she said to the young woman, nodding to her before glancing back to her first officer. "It might be a good idea to get all the department heads in here and brief them on the situation, make sure they're all prepared."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 3:21 pm

[Conference Room]

Nodding to the newcomer, Jiseth looked back to T'Koris. One from each sounded strange. Like a standoff in a human cowboy movie. Two of them cloaked and Cardassia was under the Federation. Perhaps only for the moment until reconstruction finished. That would be decades away, however.

No one thought much of the grey-skinned species until only a few, but long, years ago. Nestled South of the Federation, it was difficult for the empire to gain intelligence on them. With so much coming to light, the Bajoran genocide among the average atrocities in the galaxy, the Romulans seemed like saints.

"Speaking of... The Cardassian ship should be contacted with. Defuse any tension before it starts, at least with them."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 3:30 pm

Conference Room

"A valid point, Captain. I will call them together, Ma'am," Andrew said, "and I agree, Lieutenant Jiseth. That should be done soon."

=/\= All Department Heads to the Conference Room for briefing, =/\= Andrew called over the comm, after tapping the emblem on his chest. "Guess you get to have a seat, Lieutenant," the young First Officer said with a smile and nod to a seat for Jiseth to take.

He took another sip from his mug of hot chocolate...his mind switching gears to a full staff meeting, and the things he thus far knew of the immediate area they were exploring.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 3:30 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Conference Room]

Archangel glanced up as their new second officer arrived, smiling faintly at the familiarity of the site.  She had been the same the first time she had been invited to sit in on a senior staff meeting:  bright-eyed and excited, PADDs in hand to take notes.  She couldn't help but wonder what had happened to that young engineering officer who had loved her job so much.

"Good morning Lieutenant," she said to the young woman, nodding to her before glancing back to her first officer.  "It might be a good idea to get all the department heads in here and brief them on the situation, make sure they're all prepared."

This was Julia's first meeting as the newly assigned second officer. The sight of the team beginning to come together gave Julia a warm feeling. Over time this ship that she originally saw a career stepping-stone had become home. "The Klingons shouldn't be a problem and hopefully the Romulans have put old prejudices behind them." She turned to Jiseth and the Captain. "No offense of course."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 3:41 pm

Jiseth moved to the chair and sat, setting her PADD on the table. On one hand, the other Lieutenant's words seemed somewhat prejudiced in their own right. So skiddish to say something impolite even though the meaning was there. Plenty of contempt in her eyes when she looked to Julia, but her emerald gaze shifted soon enough to the PADD, skimming over the reports received thus far.

Typical...

Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 3:41 pm

Jiseth wrote:
"Speaking of... The Cardassian ship should be contacted with. Defuse any tension before it starts, at least with them."

Julia Rellek wrote:
This was Julia's first meeting as the newly assigned second officer. The sight of the team beginning to come together gave Julia a warm feeling. Over time this ship that she originally saw a career stepping-stone had become home. "The Klingons shouldn't be a problem and hopefully the Romulans have put old prejudices behind them." She turned to Jiseth and the Captain. "No offense of course."

[Conference Room]

"We should show caution in contacting the other ships," Archangel warned, taking a seat at the head of the conference table, resting her elbows on the surface and lacing her fingers together. "I don't forsee us having many problems with the Klingons as long as we keep out of each others' way and don't provoke them. We should probably be careful with the Cardassians. There may be some historical ill feeling toward one member of our crew. The Romulans, on the other hand, may be something of a problem once they figure out who's on board."

She raised a somewhat amused eyebrow at Julia. "I think you'll find that the Romulans don't let go of old fights easily, Lieutenant. We... They can be quite stubborn in that respect."

Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Conference Room]

"We should show caution in contacting the other ships," Archangel warned, taking a seat at the head of the conference table, resting her elbows on the surface and lacing her fingers together.  "I don't forsee us having many problems with the Klingons as long as we keep out of each others' way and don't provoke them.  We should probably be careful with the Cardassians.  There may be some historical ill feeling toward one member of our crew.  The Romulans, on the other hand, may be something of a problem once they figure out who's on board."

She raised a somewhat amused eyebrow at Julia.  "I think you'll find that the Romulans don't let go of old fights easily, Lieutenant.  We... They can be quite stubborn in that respect."

Julia immediately knew she had made a mistake. She could feel Jiseth's eyes. It was as if her eyes were peering straight into her soul. "Captain, I meant no offense. I was merely pointing out that the Federation and the Star Empire have a history that we shouldn't be quick to dismiss them. Their motives have not yet been revealed. Klingons are clearly our allies. The Cardassians are in no position to pose a threat. The Romulan Star Empire is the only force that stands to in a position to threaten us, if they so desire it."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
Julia immediately knew she had made a mistake. She could feel Jiseth's eyes. It was as if her eyes were peering straight into her soul. "Captain, I meant no offense. I was merely pointing out that the Federation and the Star Empire have a history that we shouldn't be quick to dismiss them. Their motives have not yet been revealed. Klingons are clearly our allies. The Cardassians are in no position to pose a threat. The Romulan Star Empire is the only force that stands to in a position to threaten us, if they so desire it."

[Conference Room]

A muscle beneath Archangel's eye twitched as she listened to the young lieutenant, using quite a lot of her self control not to completely lose her temper with her. It's not her fault. She doesn't know the whole history. She has no need to know the whole history. Keep it that way.

"Lieutenant Rellek. I can assure you that both myself and Lieutenant Jiseth are very aware of the threat that the Star Empire poses. On the other hand, my presence on the ship will serve as a deterrent toward any hostile intentions they may have."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Conference Room]

A muscle beneath Archangel's eye twitched as she listened to the young lieutenant, using quite a lot of her self control not to completely lose her temper with her.  It's not her fault.  She doesn't know the whole history.  She has no need to know the whole history.  Keep it that way.

"Lieutenant Rellek.  I can assure you that both myself and Lieutenant Jiseth are very aware of the threat that the Star Empire poses.  On the other hand, my presence on the ship will serve as a deterrent toward any hostile intentions they may have."

Julia shifted her eyes to her PADD, she didn't dare look her Captain directly in the eyes in that moment. "Understood sir." Julia retracted for a few moments. She was hoping the situation would merely pass by. She didn't want to let the focus be on her obvious mistake. It was the right concerns but expressed in the wrong tone.

Damn it Julia get it together!
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:32 pm

[Sickbay]

It was strange to the young Cardassian, being back on a starship assignment. When Raynor had been called back to the Empire, she had briefly toyed with the idea of going back to her colony and setting up practise as a civilian doctor, but the idea had just seemed... wrong. It wasn't the right time to go back home. Not yet.

Ilana filed the report on the ship's inventory of medical supplies. They had just taken on a shipment of various medications, including the nanoprobes necessary to maintain her vocal sub-processor, and that meant inventory. Hours and hours of inventory.

She looked around sickbay and spotted a new face in a blue uniform. A Selay, by the look of him (or her, she wasn't sure), which was rather rare. For a moment, she wrestled with her own shyness before finally creeping over to the other scaled humanoid, offering her a faint smile.

"H-h-hi, I h-haven't s-s-seen y-you around b-before," she stammered. "I'm... I'm Ilana."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:34 pm

"Clearly our allies... That's what some said before the Klingons started firing on DS9. How many Starfleet officers met their end to an ally's blade? Did they not tell what was going on at the academy? What reason do you have to see one as more hostile than the other? One ship. That's it. As said, any thing more would be speculation. Their intentions especially..."

There was ice in the Romulan's veins. Baleful and cold. Maybe Breen reproduced by assimilation. She did not look to Julia, she did not want to give what she thought would be satisfaction to the human woman. The Romulan was remembering why Zero had such issues with others of her kind.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
Julia shifted her eyes to her PADD, she didn't dare look her Captain directly in the eyes in that moment. "Understood sir." Julia retracted for a few moments. She was hoping the situation would merely pass by. She didn't want to let the focus be on her obvious mistake. It was the right concerns but expressed in the wrong tone.

Damn it Julia get it together!

Jiseth wrote:
"Clearly our allies... That's what some said before the Klingons started firing on DS9. How many Starfleet officers met their end to an ally's blade? Did they not tell what was going on at the academy? What reason do you have to see one as more hostile than the other? One ship. That's it. As said, any thing more would be speculation. Their intentions especially..."

There was ice in the Romulan's veins. Baleful and cold. Maybe Breen reproduced by assimilation. She did not look to Julia, she did not want to give what she thought would be satisfaction to the human woman. The Romulan was remembering why Zero had such issues with others of her kind.

[Conference Room]

Archangel groaned quietly and pinched the bridge of her nose. Apparently, they had just wandered into territory that she would much rather avoid. On the other hand, it would be easier for the green officer to find out now rather than in the middle of a firefight, or an awkward communication with the Romulan vessel.

"Julia..." she started with a faint sigh before she gathered herself and continued. "Jiseth has served with the Imperial Fleet. I am... let's just say part of a political alliance on the Homeworld and leave it at that. We've both seen the ugly side of the Tal Shiar. I think it's safe to say that we know that the Romulans are a threat, but my status on the Homeworld should keep the ship safe.

"Jiseth is right in saying that we should never feel safe enough with any of the three out there. We saw during the Dominion War just how fast the Klingons will withdraw from the Khitomer Accords as soon as it suits them. We maintain a precarious balance with the Romulans that has to be tread carefully. And the Cardassians? Well, they're thankfully still piecing themselves back together after what the Dominion did to them, but we should never underestimate them."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:56 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

It was strange to the young Cardassian, being back on a starship assignment.  When Raynor had been called back to the Empire, she had briefly toyed with the idea of going back to her colony and setting up practise as a civilian doctor, but the idea had just seemed... wrong.  It wasn't the right time to go back home.  Not yet.

Ilana filed the report on the ship's inventory of medical supplies.  They had just taken on a shipment of various medications, including the nanoprobes necessary to maintain her vocal sub-processor, and that meant inventory.  Hours and hours of inventory.

She looked around sickbay and spotted a new face in a blue uniform.  A Selay, by the look of him (or her, she wasn't sure), which was rather rare.  For a moment, she wrestled with her own shyness before finally creeping over to the other scaled humanoid, offering her a faint smile.

"H-h-hi, I h-haven't s-s-seen y-you around b-before," she stammered.  "I'm... I'm Ilana."

[Sickbay]

Kintiss recognised the Cardassian ensign. He’d been in sickbay when her vocal sub-processor had stopped functioning before. He didn’t know much about cybernetic implants, but he’d glossed over her file, as well as a select few briefings from Starfleet Medical about the Borg and how their technologies worked.

He’d come into sickbay feeling a little more fatigued than normal. He had been awake in the night, feeling restless and agitated. That meant he only had a few short hours of sleep before he went on duty, and the result was not a happy Selay. A half-full cup of iced Raktajino rested by a biobed, the ice cubes almost fully melted. It had evidently been there a while

“I only recently transsssferred here.” He said in an unintentionally brusque manner, noting her stammer. “I’m Kintissss.”
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 5:06 pm

Kintiss wrote:
[Sickbay]

Kintiss recognised the Cardassian ensign. He’d been in sickbay when her vocal sub-processor had stopped functioning before. He didn’t know much about cybernetic implants, but he’d glossed over her file, as well as a select few briefings from Starfleet Medical about the Borg and how their technologies worked.

He’d come into sickbay feeling a little more fatigued than normal. He had been awake in the night, feeling restless and agitated. That meant he only had a few short hours of sleep before he went on duty, and the result was not a happy Selay. A half-full cup of iced Raktajino rested by a biobed, the ice cubes almost fully melted. It had evidently been there a while

“I only recently transsssferred here.” He said in an unintentionally brusque manner, noting her stammer. “I’m Kintissss.”

[Sickbay]

Ilana took an unintentional step back at the way the Selay spoke, her feet moving without having the good manners of asking her brain first. She immediately dropped her gaze to the ground, hugging her PADD to her chest. Maybe I shouldn't have disturbed him, she thought to herself.

"Oh... um... W-w-well, w-welcome t-to th-th-the Ph-Phoenix?" she offered, looking at the console beside them rather than up at the Selay. "L-Let m-m-me know if th-there's anything I c-c-can d-do t-t-to h-help you s-s-settle in."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana took an unintentional step back at the way the Selay spoke, her feet moving without having the good manners of asking her brain first.  She immediately dropped her gaze to the ground, hugging her PADD to her chest.  Maybe I shouldn't have disturbed him, she thought to herself.  

"Oh... um... W-w-well,  w-welcome t-to th-th-the Ph-Phoenix?" she offered, looking at the console beside them rather than up at the Selay.  "L-Let m-m-me know if th-there's anything I c-c-can d-do t-t-to h-help you s-s-settle in."

[Sickbay]

And now it seemed like he'd scared her or been angry. It was probably the way he spoke. He didn't mean to come across as rude as he did. Lack of sleep made him cranky. He knew it was the same with his more mammalian co-workers.

"Ssssorry about that." he replied, making a concerted effort to sound more friendly. "Didn't get much ssssleep lasssst night." He picked up the Raktajino and swiftly drained its contents, ice cubes and all. He found it strange that, despite his dislike of cold conditions, he found cold drinks infinitely more refreshing and comforting than any heated beverage. Maybe he was just an oddity among his species.
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 5:15 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Conference Room]

Archangel groaned quietly and pinched the bridge of her nose.  Apparently, they had just wandered into territory that she would much rather avoid.  On the other hand, it would be easier for the green officer to find out now rather than in the middle of a firefight, or an awkward communication with the Romulan vessel.

"Julia..." she started with a faint sigh before she gathered herself and continued.  "Jiseth has served with the Imperial Fleet.  I am... let's just say part of a political alliance on the Homeworld and leave it at that.  We've both seen the ugly side of the Tal Shiar.  I think it's safe to say that we know that the Romulans are a threat, but my status on the Homeworld should keep the ship safe.  

"Jiseth is right in saying that we should never feel safe enough with any of the three out there.  We saw during the Dominion War just how fast the Klingons will withdraw from the Khitomer Accords as soon as it suits them.  We maintain a precarious balance with the Romulans that has to be tread carefully.  And the Cardassians?  Well, they're thankfully still piecing themselves back together after what the Dominion did to them, but we should never underestimate them."

[Conference Room]

Julia's hope that this would just pass over has clearly had not come to fruition. "Understood sir." She decided to attempt to diffuse the situation by changing the subject to something different. "Captain on our present course there are several opportunities for scientific exploration. There is a twin star system. Common enough but it may be worth a peek. There is also a nebula that may be classified as a Stellar Nursery. Definitely worth checking out and cataloging.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next