Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers

Go down 
+7
Thelos th'Zhela
Safefta Pardek
Ilana Telak
Julia Rellek
Alexander Wu
Jiseth
Andrew Sheridan
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page

Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 1:48 pm

Safefta Pardek wrote:

[Bridge]

Safefta too was calculating variables. How they were going to get the ship near enough to the enemy before they realized their intent... how she was going to break this idea to the captain, whether or not they'd be destroyed before they could even try... petty, simple things like that. Thin fingers idly tapped on the side of her console as she nodded in acknowledgement to Jiseth. Good talk, she thought boredly to herself.

She spent the next few minutes condensing everything she had into an orderly, constructive idea, which she then sent to the captain's PADD. Before she could continue her work with some examinations of the ship's cloaking technology, her sensors were alight again with a message of an approaching ship. Federation...?

The video message that came through a few seconds later was first over viewed by Pardek. She was about to alert Rellek, but paused when she noticed something odd. There was the slightest discrepancy in the audio frequency, one detectable only by Romulan ears and a dedicated sense of attention. Perhaps it was only a mistake of the transmission. However, as she glances over at the composition of the ship approaching, another nagging sense of unease was tugging on her.

It registered as a Federation vessel... but sensors had not picked up any in the area, and certainly none by that registry number. There was the possibility that they'd moved in range before they could determine it... but it was very, very suspicious. Still, as of yet this was all circumstantial. It could be an error to the sensor system, or simply her reading too far into it.

Then, one last thing caught her attention that gave her suspicion a little more weight. The warp signature of the 'Federation ship' was off. Not by much, but there were a few very key elements about it that seemed to indicate someone had been attempting to mask it. Either they changed their warp field matrix recently, or something was wrong. This was becoming more and more apparent as the ship drew closer. With this and a combination of everything else, Safefta wasn't taking any chances. She quickly ensured that the comm line was closed.

"Lieutenant Rellek," she called from her station. "There is an approaching vessel with a quasi-federation signature. It is claiming to be the USS Sovereign, closing fast. Ten minute ETA," she reported, then jumped right into her analysis of the situation. "Sir, there are numerous discrepancies in the hail they sent, and the actual constitution of the ship. There is an incredibly strong possibility that this is not a friendly vessel." With that came the implication that this could be the rouge ship they wished to destroy.

"If you wish to speak with him, I would advise caution. My recommendation would be to allow him to believe that we have bought the ruse. That way, even if I am incorrect we have not falsely accused anyone of mass murder, and if we are correct, we will maintain an element of surprise."

The Romulan then tapped her combadge. =/\=Lieutenant Jiseth, be advised in your work that there is a vessel approaching with questionable intentions. I suggest you expedite your task.=/\=

[Bridge]

Julia tapped through her console and pulled up the Ensign's readings. "I see it too Ensign. Good work." It was quite apparent this was the vessel they had been searching for. She pondered for a moment if she should alert the Captain but she also feared that allowing too much time to pass would show their hand. The Phoenix needed that ship to believe that they have fallen for this apparent ruse. She tapped a button and began to speak. "Acknowledged Sovereign. We await your arrival.

"Ensign Pardek. Transmit that signal to the ship. Lieutenant Jiseth. Hold our position but remain prepared to get us out of here if necessary."

=/\=Captain T'Koris. You may want to move you conference to the bridge. We believe the rogue ship is on an intercept course and we have made contact.=/\=
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 2:07 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Conference Room]

Folding her hands over her opposite forearms, Archangel turned to attention to her first officer.

"You have the bridge then, Commander. Make contact with that other ship and see what progress has been made with the anomaly. Have helmsman to ready an escape route until we formulate a countermeasure for this Terran ship."

Next she looked to the Klingon Captain. His ship was in no shape to act as a scout and his crew not much better in their condition. Still, he had something the commander of the destroyed warbird did not. He had survived.

"Captain Vor'char, please explain the sequence of events during your encounter with it."

Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 Unnamed_Klingon_Soldier_-4_ENT
Captain Vor'Char

Vor' Char growled. Belting asked to relive defeat was not something he pined for. "They came out of nowhere Captain. By the time we knew where they were our shields were down to 50% and the cloak was offline. We were able to get a few good shots in but their second barrage took our weapons offline and sent many of my crew to their final homes among the honored dead. We were left adrift with most of the crew dead and everything but life support offline. The they suddenly stopped and left the area. I do not know why they stopped. Other than to allow us to wait for rescue and dishonor." The Klingon paused for a moment and looked to his communications officer. He saw an opportunity to reclaim their honor. "If we engage the enemy. You stand a better chance if hey have another target to keep them distracted. My engineering teams are dead however, if your famed Starfleet engineers can work their magic. We may be able to get enough systems operational to engage them, if even for a few moments." He took a deep breathe and placed his hand on his communications officer's arm. "After all, today is a good day to die!"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 8:30 am

[Conference Room]

Archangel sat quietly in her seat at the head of the table, carefully listening to the Klingon officer. It still didn't make sense to her, none of this was making sense to her. In fact, all it was doing was making her headache worse.

Before she could respond to Vor'Char, however, a communication came in from the bridge. She set her jaw, tapping her commbadge to respond.

"Acknowledged, Lieutenant. We're on our way," she said before addressing the little meeting. "Well, it looks like we're going to get some answers after all. If you'll follow me please?"

Getting up, she also snagged her PADD, taking another glance at the message that had been transmitted and trying to figure out the code that had been used to scramble it as she stepped out of the conference room.

[Bridge]

As she reached the command centre, she dropped the PADD at the security station, nodding to Safefta. "Run this message through the program Alpha 15.8 in my database, please," she said in a low tone before looking to the viewscreen, and wondering what this rogue ship had to say for itself.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 2:35 pm

Bridge

Sheridan had come out of the conference room just before the call had come in about the pending arrival of their enemy. In the few moments he had to sit in his seat on the command deck; Andrew had briefly sent a subspace message to the Cardassian cruiser nearby as his Captain had instructed.

=/\= We are gathering together in order to fight the threat to us all in the form of Sovereign-class that has already attack you, the Klingons, and the Romulans. Your aid will be needed in order to balance the next engagement. ~Lt. Commander Sheridan, USS PHOENIX =/\=

With the possible approach of the enemy ship they had been after since discovering the Romulan warbird at the nebula; Andrew sent an update just as his Captain appeared next to him.

=/\= The approaching vessel to our current position is very likely the enemy ship we have been looking for. If you intend to help...now would be a good time to let us know ~Lt. Commander Sheridan, USS PHOENIX =/\=

With the new message sent, Andrew Sheridan studied his Captain briefly before turning to face the viewer. If it was indeed their enemy approaching; then there was no longer any real time to plan.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 3:05 pm

ISS TYRANNY

"I don't think they believe us, Captain. Their response seems good, but I just intercepted a subspace message to the Cardassian warship nearby. It appears there is some thought as to it being us who is approaching, and not the SOVEREIGN we claim to be," Julia stated from tactical. "We arrive in four minutes. Orders?"

Captain Sheridan scowled at the viewer and then at the back of his Second Officer: Wu. "It appears you were correct, Mr. Wu. Well then, so be it. Helm, come about to the Cardassian warship. Battle stations!" he barked, and soon the ship was alive with the klaxon alarm blaring. With pure military efficiency, the crew of the TYRANNY were at battle stations in less than three minutes. Part of this, of course, came from the heightened sense of alertness due to their mission.

"Dropping quantum mines to cover us from any pursuit of the PHOENIX or Romulan warbird," Julia announced from her station as the TYRANNY swung gracefully towards the Cardassian warship with less than thirty seconds to intercept. "Phasers armed...quantum torpedoes ready...target acquired."

"Remember, a Galor-has excellent frontal shields for assault, but her port and starboard are weaker. We dance to their port side, and let them have it," Andrew reminded them all even as the starship came out of warp with phaser strikes lancing out viciously at their foe. Lieutenant Marcus Jade spun ship ninety degrees to the enemy's port side smoothly just as Julia launched an array of quantum torpedoes and new phaser strikes against the Cardassian warship.

The battle had begun...

Elsewhere on the TYRANNY, Dhael T'Koris waited anxiously. The alert did not bode well for those this ship would be engaging. Had she been wrong? Had her counterpart not the same connections she once had? If she waited too long, the enemy...her enemy would wreck unholy havoc on them. Pursing her lips, she made her decision as she grabbed her PADD. She could only hope her counterpart messaged her soon. Swiftly, she moved among the crew as they rushed to their posts, but they were used to seeing her going about carrying out the Captain's duties. Most got out of her way; for it was rumored she was also the Captain's personal assassin when such was necessary. So, no one challenged her as she made her way to the shuttle bay.

With the crew at battle stations, there were only a couple of guards on duty to protect the bay. The rest had other duties now to deal with as the battle was joined against the Cardassian warship. Neither guard heard her approach, and with deadly grace...she reached behind the first to snap his neck with brutal swift ease. The second turned, but never had time to react to the dagger that slipped deep into his throat. Clutching at the wound, the man fell to the deck with a thud in a mess of his own blood, but T'Koris never paused to examine her handiwork.

Instead, she made her way over to the runabout sitting in the center of the shuttle bay, and entered it. What she intended to do would be a one shot deal...there would be no second chances. If it worked, she would be able to help her counterpart against their enemy...against the man that had enslaved her. Her fingers danced over the console as she prepped the runabout for launch, and soon was powering the ship up. She glanced back at her PADD for a moment...still no answer. Gulping hard, but having already gone too far to stop; Dhael set the ship to overloading the little warp core it carried, and armed a photon torpedo as well. The phasers she set to full power. It would be a massive explosion when it happened, and with all of that taking place at once...it would take place in the next two minutes. She could only hope no one came to stop her.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 6:09 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Bridge

Sheridan had come out of the conference room just before the call had come in about the pending arrival of their enemy.  In the few moments he had to sit in his seat on the command deck; Andrew had briefly sent a subspace message to the Cardassian cruiser nearby as his Captain had instructed.

=/\=  We are gathering together in order to fight the threat to us all in the form of Sovereign-class that has already attack you, the Klingons, and the Romulans.  Your aid will be needed in order to balance the next engagement.  ~Lt. Commander Sheridan, USS PHOENIX  =/\=

With the possible approach of the enemy ship they had been after since discovering the Romulan warbird at the nebula; Andrew sent an update just as his Captain appeared next to him.

=/\=  The approaching vessel to our current position is very likely the enemy ship we have been looking for.  If you intend to help...now would be a good time to let us know  ~Lt. Commander Sheridan, USS PHOENIX  =/\=

With the new message sent, Andrew Sheridan studied his Captain briefly before turning to face the viewer.  If it was indeed their enemy approaching; then there was no longer any real time to plan.

[Bridge]

Julia stared into her console as a lump developed in her throat. It was no secret that she had certain apprehensions about combat but as the situation progressed the likelihood of engaging the enemy seemed to increase exponentially. Readings funneled through the ships sensors and onto her screen. "Sir, I can't be certain because the nebula is interfering with sensors. But I believe I am detecting weapons fire in the vicinity of the Cardassian cruiser."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 11:34 am

[Bridge]

It all seemed so simple the moment she left tactical, but by the time she had returned to the helm, all hell had broken loose. The EPH disappeared from the seat as Jiseth took it and reemerged standing next to her. There was a look of great disappointment on his face.

"I'm sorry, my lady, but there just isn't enough time. That bird of prey out there is dead. Literally. The reactor scrammed. Half the EPS relays are ruptured. I can't even guarantee restoring the attitude control thrusters. There's nothing here for us and something wicked this way comes."

"There's always the tractor beam. Grab it in tow and swing it around like a giant, green cudgel."

"How barbaric! I suppose next you're going to suggest evacuating the pylon module and releasing it at them like some photon torpedo-carrying arrowhead?"

"The thought had crossed my mind. We're out gunned and it looks like the Cardassians need our help..."

The Lieutenant looked over her shoulder to the Captain.

"Orders, ma'am?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 6:47 pm

[Bridge]

Archangel couldn't help but groan under her breath and pinch the bridge of her nose.  This was just her luck.  They were about to make contact with the rogue ship that was terrorising the sector, and there was apparently someone busy making a Cardassian vessel their target practise.

"Lieutenant Rellek, make sure that we're not looking at sensor ghosts attacking the Cardassians.  Lieutenant Jiseth, confer with Ensign Pardek.  I need options in case this rendez vous turns sour."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:33 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Bridge]

Archangel couldn't help but groan under her breath and pinch the bridge of her nose.  This was just her luck.  They were about to make contact with the rogue ship that was terrorising the sector, and there was apparently someone busy making a Cardassian vessel their target practise.

"Lieutenant Rellek, make sure that we're not looking at sensor ghosts attacking the Cardassians.  Lieutenant Jiseth, confer with Ensign Pardek.  I need options in case this rendez vous turns sour."

[Bridge]

Julia reacted quickly. She tried to focus her mind on her work rather than the encounter that seemed inevitable. "I don't think we're looking at a sensor ghost, ma'am. I'm detecting metallic compounds indicative of a vessel. I can see elements that conform to known cardassian design but I'm also picking up another compound. I think its the other vessel."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 2:03 pm

Bridge

Major Rhian watched from the right of Andrew Sheridan's chair...listening to the way the crew responded, watched how they reacted, and especially paid very close attention to Captain T'Koris and her two command staff on duty. If her information was correct, the one at the Science Station was known as Julia Rellek, and currently was serving as the ship's Second Officer. She saw another Romulan woman walk by, and knew without a doubt this would be Jiseth as the woman took the helm. It was well known to the Major of Jiseth having absolutely no love for the Tal Shiar. The one behind her at the ship's Tactical station was half-Romulan and half-Vulcan by the name of Safefta Pardek. She didn't know as much about this particular officer; which puzzled her some. Rhine did not like pieces of information missing. It would be something she would have to correct at some point.

Their Cardassian ally seemed to be under fire. Whatever trick the enemy had been attempting to accomplish with coming directly to them had changed. Now the enemy ship responsible for the destruction of one warbird, one Klingon warship, a Cardassian warship and outpost was now taking no chances in allowing them to join forces.

She thought about saying something to T'Koris, but that would have been wildly inappropriate. This was not her ship or crew. To make Dhael T'Koris feel slighted or challenged on her own bridge would not have gone well for Rhian later. No, it was best to stay silent. She looked down at the young Human male sitting in the XO chair to her left. It was just a glance...nothing more. A thought occurred to her...an opportunity she thought might later be exploited. Her left hand slipped inside her uniform pocket thinking.

Rhian knew she should return to her ship immediately. "Lieutenant Commander Sheridan, could you escort me back to the transporter room. I suspect my presence will be needed on my ship soon."

Sheridan looked up at the Romulan Major with a slight frown. His ship was about to enter combat, and his presence on the bridge was necessary. Yet, his Captain had all of her key people in position. There would be little for him to immediately do while the board was finished being set. With a nod to his Captain; Andrew swiftly left the bridge and was followed by Rhian out. The lightest of brushes with her left hand touched the back of Sheridan's shoulder after the turbolift doors closed.

"You know, I have heard much of you in your young career already, Andrew," she purred a tad silkily.

Andrew was thrown off by the Major's tone, and narrowed his eyes at her words. "I am sure the Tal Shiar have very good files on a great many officers of the Starfleet...or try to," he countered quietly. His voice, he realized, did not have the strength behind it he thought it should. Shaking his head as if to clear it; he looked over at the Major. "I am afraid I cannot say the same for you, Major Rhian. Of course, I am sure that is how the Tal Shiar like it. I am surprised the Romulans would even take note of me at all. I am, after all, just very young Lieutenant Commander learning to be a good Exec to my Captain," he continued more firmly, but with a tone that attempted to downplay his role with modesty.

"Perhaps, but there are many such young officers in your Starfleet that have gone on to make some very large names for themselves. Picard, Sisko, Riker, Kirk, Spock, and many others started as young officers before becoming the legends they are today in the quadrant," Rhian purred back.

"I very much doubt I will be named among such elite officers, Major. Or, if I do, it will be after I learn a great deal more...many years away," Andrew stated. Her tone was really throwing him off. What was Rhian playing at?

The lift doors opened, and he found himself hurrying out of the confined space with the Major before taking a breath to slow down. When the two of them entered the transporter room; Andrew couldn't break the sensation that something was terribly wrong. Yet, the Major simply ascended the transporter pad and faced him.

"We will meet again, I am sure, Andrew Sheridan," Rhian whispered to him. "Energize," and a moment later the blue haze of light swept her away back to her own ship.

"Major, the signal is ready and caught everything we need," her own Exec stated as she rematerialized on her own bridge.

"Not right now. Cloak the ship. We are going into battle. Prepare to coordinate with Captain T'Koris," Major Rhian said as she took her chair. Soon, her ship was alive with the alert sounding, and her crew readied for battle...the warbird cloaking, and spinning around to face the direction of the attacking enemy ship on the Cardassian Galor. They were some three minutes away, but she would not sweep in until she heard from T'Koris. Yet, the Galor was in trouble. She could tell from her combat display the fight was not going well for the Cardassian warship, but the vessel was fighting back with everything it had.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 5:52 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
Julia reacted quickly. She tried to focus her mind on her work rather than the encounter that seemed inevitable. "I don't think we're looking at a sensor ghost, ma'am. I'm detecting metallic compounds indicative of a vessel. I can see elements that conform to known cardassian design but I'm also picking up another compound. I think its the other vessel."

[Bridge]

Hearing a note of something disconcerting in her second officer's voice, Archangel's head snapped around to look at the young woman, her expression concerned, but it also seemed a little angry.

"Understood Lieutenant..." she replied, still frowning a little as she tried to sort through the information in her mind in order to plan their next move. She had a feeling that the Lieutenant was uncomfortable, but she couldn't spare the time to think of that now.

"Ok, Lieutenant Jiseth, bring the Phoenix about. We need to protect the Cardassians. Ensign Pardek, get a message to the Major to tell her our plans. I hope the pair of you have an idea, because we're about to engage the rogue."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 10:41 am

[Bridge]

Protect. The word gave a strange chill down the Romulan's spine. A hospital ship charging in rarely ended with anything more than an amusing distraction to be unceremoniously swatted into a fiery cloud of debris.

Jiseth, the conductor of an RCS thruster symphony, worked her hands over the console. Yaw was group of humming strings and woodwinds. Pitch was the steady drumming percussion. Roll was the brass bellowing away as the Phoenix maneuvered around the dead bird of prey.

Swiping both her hands across the screen in opposite directions, the thrusters went silent. Now came the warp nacelles. They were her pipe organ. Their long notes were streams of subatomic particles blasting into the space-time that had been curved to her will. When they spooled ready, charged with the furious energies of the warp core, there was a slight sense of disappointment that she was not thrust back into her seat as her fingers flicked up the throttle bars. Pinpoints of light streaked by following the blue blur that heralded the transition to warp.

"2 minutes to target, Captain."

Next came the barricade that stuck at her heart like a thorny bush.

"...Remotely commanding the Klingon ship won't work. It's too poorly damaged. The pylon module is fitted with thrusters and it contains a good portion of our photon torpedoes... Ensign Pardek could guide it to target while I keep flying the ship, sir."

Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 3:32 pm

[Bridge]

Archangel stood in silence while Jiseth carried out her orders, keeping her face carefully stoic. What she really wanted to do was start to chew on the end of her plait given how nervous she was, but she knew that that would send the wrong message to her crew.

She listened to her helmsman's thoughts about the Klingon vessel and sighed quietly. It was a good thing that they had evacuated the vessel's entire crew to the Phoenix.

"No. Attach a tractor beam. We're going to use it as a weapon in its entirety."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 11:39 pm

The EPH was right. It was barbaric. There was deviousness in the finesse of using the pylon module. Jiseth had tried it once on a simulation and the program shut down due to insufficient data. No one had tried it before. Perhaps she was well on her way to losing her mind.

Then again, there she sat dragging a bird of prey through warp like a neanderthal pulling along its club. There was an awkward unpleasantness to it. She could just as well damage the Phoenix with an improper maneuver. The physics became quite Newtonian with the smaller ship in tow.

Unfortunately, without the reactor functioning, there would be a substantially less effective detonation. Even so, there was plenty of kinetic energy behind the thing. Slinging a small ship at a much larger one. Quite the David and Goliath situation at hand. Or equally as crude, a wrecking ball coming in to smash an unsightly building.

"We can try to arm any warheads remotely in the Klingon ship's magazine. There's little else on board that can be of use, ma'am."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 2:11 pm

Bridge

Andrew came onto the Bridge just in time to hear the suggestion from Jiseth. He thought about it for a moment, but there was no way to know for sure if it would work. There was, however, a very certain way to make sure, but doing so would take great risk.

"Perhaps we the Captain and I should go over to personally arm the warheads. It would be dangerous, but we could make sure it happened. If nothing else, the two of us could rig the entire torpedo bay to go off," Andrew added as he stepped up next to the Klingon Captain and clapped him hard on the back. It was also his way of making sure the proud warrior wasn't left out of the battle...to help him be a part of destroying the enemy whom had wrecked his ship and crew. "What do you say, Captain Vor'char. Ready to make your vessel into a weapon against the dishonorable foe we have out there."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 2:23 pm

[Bridge]

"Acknowledged, Lieutenant," Archangel replied. Even if it wasn't active, the Klingon ship's power source should still put out enough of a bang to do some kind of damage. If that was added to the full warhead complement remaining on the ship, as well as the Phoenix's own phasers and torpedoes and the Romulan vessel's...

Her thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of her first officer, and she listened to his suggestion before shaking her head. "No, Commander. I don't want anyone going back onto that ship. We'll be engaging in less than two minutes and I'm not taking the risk that you'll still be on board the Klingon vessel when we launch the attack."

Turning to the tactical station, she nodded to her friend. "Pardek, arm the warheads on the derelict and prepare to use the tractor beam to throw it at the rogue. Arm our own phasers and photons as well. We're going in with guns blazing in this thing."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 12:10 am

Captain Vor'Char

[Bridge]

The Klingon stepped in between the Captain and the Commander. "Captain, my communications officer and I will go arm the warheads. That ship is powerful, you will need a tactical edge. We can discharge the remaining warheads and then ram the vessel. That should disable the vessel." He placed a hand on his colleagues shoulder. "It would be an honorable death, a death worthy of song." He looked to the deck plates and then back to the Captain. "Captain T'Koris, they stole our honor. Let us go earn it back."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 12:52 pm

NPC wrote:
[Bridge]

The Klingon stepped in between the Captain and the Commander. "Captain, my communications officer and I will go arm the warheads. That ship is powerful, you will need a tactical edge. We can discharge the remaining warheads and then ram the vessel. That should disable the vessel." He placed a hand on his colleagues shoulder. "It would be an honorable death, a death worthy of song." He looked to the deck plates and then back to the Captain. "Captain T'Koris, they stole our honor. Let us go earn it back."

[Bridge]

As the Klingon captain spoke to her, Archangel turned her head to look at him, keeping her expression neutral in an attempt to keep him from discerning what her answer may be before she even knew herself. Klingons were well known for being able to read the intentions of their enemies in her faces.

As much as she wanted to deny the request for the Klingon to return to his ship and therefore be aboard it when it was rammed into the side of the rogue ship, she could also tell that there would be a lot of friction if she did deny it. To a Klingon, having their honour stolen was just about the worst thing that could possibly happen to them.

Great, just great. I'm caught betwreen a Klingon and his honour.

"Acknowledged, Captain. I'm sure that songs will be sung of this day for many years to come. Go forth and ensure your entrance to Sto Vo Kor."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 12:13 am

Captain Vor'Char

The finality of the moment overcame the Klingon captain. His head was held high and he was prepared to die. But not just die, he was prepared to die as a Klingon warrior. "Thank you captain. I am sure songs will be sung of the victory we will achieve here. May our Children's children know of the deeds done today. It will live on forever. And may all those in Sto Vo Kor tremble in fear. For Klingon warriors will join them soon."

The Klingon reached into his uniform and pulled out a small data recording device. He looked to captain T'Koris and reached out to hand her the device. "Captain, please see that this makes it back to Kronos. This contains the history of my vessel and it's crew. It will recount their victories in battle so all Klingons will know of the victories won today."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 8:26 am

NPC wrote:
The finality of the moment overcame the Klingon captain. His head was held high and he was prepared to die. But not just die, he was prepared to die as a Klingon warrior. "Thank you captain. I am sure songs will be sung of the victory we will achieve here. May our Children's children know of the deeds done today. It will live on forever. And may all those in Sto Vo Kor tremble in fear. For Klingon warriors will join them soon."

The Klingon reached into his uniform and pulled out a small data recording device. He looked to captain T'Koris and reached out to hand her the device. "Captain, please see that this makes it back to Kronos. This contains the history of my vessel and it's crew. It will recount their victories in battle so all Klingons will know of the victories won today."

[Bridge]

Taking the data chip from the Klingon captain, Archangel nodded once to him. Ensuring that the chip got back to the Klingon Empire wouldn't be too difficult, but she would make sure that it did. The captain and his crew deserved that recognition, and it would certainly help them petition their entries into Sto Vo Kor if their heroics were known.

"I'll make sure it gets to Qo'nos," she assured him. "The transporter room is waiting for you. Q'apla, captain."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 2:50 am

Captain Vor'Char

"Q'apla Captain." He lifted his right arm across his chest as a sign of respect. He turned and entered the turbo lift with his communications officer.

[Klingon Bridge]

The pair materialized on the smoke filled bridge of the beaten Klingon vessel. The red emergency lights still flashed from the earlier battle. Corpses still littered the bridge and the deck plates seemed to be painted red with the blood of his fallen crew. He looked to the young communications officer. "We don't have a lot of time." He proclaimed. "You must get to the torpedoes bay and arm and jettison the remaining shells. Then once we have exhausted out supply I will initiate a ramming maneuver from the bridge." The Lieutenant nodded and expeditiously left the bridge.

Vor' Char sat at the operations console and monitored the movements of the enemy vessel upon the vessel entering firing range the Captain hit his communicator and uttered a single command.

=/\= "En' Cha"=/\=

The communications officer let loose a fury of warheads at the vessel. She was forced to target each one manually and explosions littered the hull of the enemy vessel. The captain scanned the vessel and realized they were little more than a distraction. The enemy locked its weapons back onto the Klingon cruiser and let out a barrage of fire. An explosion rattled the Klingon ship and the fire from the weapons ceased. He reached for his communicator.

=/\= Lieutenant, report."=/\= He commanded.

He received no reply and assumed that she had met her demise. He set a course towards the vessels engine core and engaged at full impulse. As the Klingon ship approached his enemy visions of the afterlife began to swarm through Vor' Char's mind. The hull of the ship quickly enveloped the view of the Klingon captain. He took a deep breathe. "Today is a good day to die." He uttered. A hail of flames filled the bridge. The Klingon cruiser was destroyed in a fury of blasts that seemed to ricochet throughout the nebula.

The Klingon captain gave the last full measure. He lived a warrior and in one last heroic act he and his companion died a warrior. It was certainly a moment worthy of song. A moment that his grandchildren would surely here of.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 12:34 pm

ISS TYRANNY

Captain Sheridan was taken by surprise when the ship shook violently, and he could tell it had not come from the weak defense of the Cardassian ship his crew was battling.

"Massive explosion in the shuttle bay, Captain. One of the shuttles exploded inside. Impulse drive is wiped out, and we have breaches all along the main to secondary sections! Warp drive is out, and we are spinning out of control!" Wu shouted over the internal alarms, and Sheridan knew then who had caused such damage...even as he was flung from his command chair. When he attempted to regain his footing; it was to see his First Officer flying over the tactical station, and landing savagely against the back of his command chair. She didn't move after that.

"Try to regain control!" Andrew shouted over the alarms even as he managed to gain his seat. On the screen; it showed stars swirling around, and among them was the image of a black D'deridex warbird decollating and firing upon his ship. Another flash of image showed a Klingon warbird...the same one he had left for dead deliberately....racing towards his ship on a ramming maneuver. In that moment, he knew there would be no escape. Good as his ship was; against such internal damage...and the now gathered forces arrayed against him...he was dead...they all were.

The last scene he saw was of the USS PHOENIX bearing down on them hard with weapons blazing.

A weak cursed escaped Sherdian's lips as his ship continued to spin out of control with consoles sparking around him. A moment later, the ship exploded upon contact with the wounded K'vort as it slammed directly into the same damaged area of the TYRANNY as the shuttle explosion had caused.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 12:57 pm

Bridge

Lt. Commander Sheridan had watched the battle unfold, but had not really said much.  His Captain was in command, and there was no need to hand out orders over her own decisions.  She was an exceptional line officer, and so he remained quiet for the most part...keeping an eye on any damages they took from the enemy vessel.  Surprisingly, their damage was rather light.  The enemy warship had bitten off more than it could chew.  The Galor had put up a valiant defense before the arrival of the Romulan warbird, and the PHOENIX.  In addition, there apparently had been a new internal problem for their foe to deal with as one of their own shuttles exploded in their docking bay.  This was the same bay on a Sovereign that would be near the impulse drive, and it caused unparalleled damage to their dire foe.  It spun the enemy vessel completely out of control, and nearly sheared the ship in half.  One of the nacelles broke off and swept past the PHOENIX just barely missing his ship.  With such a blow, it was only a matter of time before they destroyed her.

And destroy her they did.  The ramming of the Klingon ship by Captain Vor'char was the final blow, and Sheridan watched the mirror universe warship explode in a fury from the collision.  He took a deep breath of relief, and checked over their own damage.  It was superficial, at best, and rather surprising.  They had certainly been more successful than he had anticipated.

Afterwards, once the reports were done; Sheridan went to go get some sleep.  It had been a very long day.  He didn't even bother to change out of his uniform, but crashed on his bunk front first.  His mind was filled with battle reports, alarm sounds, and what-ifs.  It had been a blessing when he had found out the rift had closed according to the probe they had in the nebula.  With the destruction of the enemy ship; the Terran Empire had abandoned their attempt to invade.  Still, as Sheridan closed his eyes...he wondered if they would make such an attempt again at another time.  He was not looking forward to the report he would have to write for Admiral Deacon.

Even as he slept deeply; a very quiet hum of a transporter accompanied by soft blue light carried him away.

Major Rhian, at the same time, ordered her warbird to head back to their Tal Shiar base.  She had a lot of work ahead of her.  Having tagged Lt. Commander Sheridan had been a stroke of pure genius.  Having tapped into the Federation cruiser's own transporter system to perform the operation was perfect, and then having the usage wiped from the transporter log was just epic.  It would take Captain T'Koris a while to figure out she was missing her First Officer.  She might immediately suspect  Rhian, and the Major was aware of this, but...it was worth the risk.  She had a feeling the young Human First Officer was going to provide her with a lot of interesting things, and might even be able to be used against the one dire thorn in the Tal Shiar's side....Dhael T'Koris.

End Mission
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers   Mission #6:  Rattle of Sabers - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission #6: Rattle of Sabers
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8