Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace

Go down 
+6
Ilana Telak
Sigma Nu
Corman Stark
Chira Abols
Mira
Myree Grell
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 3:16 pm

Corman Stark wrote:
Stark blinked.  Once, then twice, wondering if he had heard Deacon correctly.  After realizing that, yes, indeed, he had...he frowned severely.  If that Bajoran would have seen him, the diplomat probably would have run for an escape pod.  "A Borg."  It wasn't that he didn't believe her, but...then again, such things weren't something that a rational flag officer said without reason.

"Permission to put the station on security alert," he said, quickly rocking on the balls of his feet.

[Meeting Hall]

Even though she wanted to agree with Stark and put out a security alert on the station for the Borg, she had to admit to herself that she had only caught a glimpse of the technologically enhanced being and, despite both of them looking, it hadn't made another appearance.

"No, not yet," she replied reluctantly. "The last thing we want to do is start a panic among the guests. I have yet to see it again, and I assume given your demeanour that you have not either. I will stay vigilant, but we should not jump to conclusions for something that could easily have been a malfunction of my VISOR."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 12:49 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Even though she wanted to agree with Stark and put out a security alert on the station for the Borg, she had to admit to herself that she had only caught a glimpse of the technologically enhanced being and, despite both of them looking, it hadn't made another appearance.

"No, not yet," she replied reluctantly.  "The last thing we want to do is start a panic among the guests.  I have yet to see it again, and I assume given your demeanour that you have not either.  I will stay vigilant, but we should not jump to conclusions for something that could easily have been a malfunction of my VISOR."

[Meeting Hall]

Well, it was, indeed, more logical to assume that there was a malfunction in the VISOR than there were invisible Borg slipping through their little dinner party. Still, he didn't like mysteries like this. His captain's soul appreciated the unknown, but not when it put his people in danger. Even if those people were annoying diplomats.

"Very well," he nodded, activating his commbadge while pretending to re-fill his glass. A few surreptitious words later, he put Shora and the security crew on a more elevated sense of alert. Not that they'd need it - the Andorian was good at her job, and events like this were always a soft target for someone who wanted to start something.
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 12:57 pm

[Meeting Hall]

The second glass of champagne really made Myree wish that she could afford to let herself go and get roaringly drunk to make this whole evening pass by in a nice, warm blur. However, she was on duty...so anything more than a polite buzz was out of the question.

Beaming a grin, she spotted Sigma and Mira cloistered off by themselves. The Orion set her glass down, sauntering up to the pair and throwing her arms around their shoulders. "Hey! What a wonderful party, right?" Myree rolled her pale blue eyes, chuckling. She turned her head toward Mira, allowing a playful smirk to settle on her lips. "I'm surprised to not see Kristen here with you, too!"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 1:04 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana hummed quietly, enjoying the feeling of his fingers in her hair, always so gentle with her even when she pushed him.  She reached up on her toes, nipping at his bottom lip.

"I w-w-would l-love t-t-to t-take y-you s-somewhere t-to c-continue t-to b-b-bite y-you until y-you b-b-begged f-for m-mercy," Ilana murmured quietly, for his ears only.  Blood rushed to her cheeks in a blush, still shy when it came to expressing herself in such a way.  "H-however, w-we h-have our orders.  After an evening of p-p-playing t-token officers, I b-b-believe w-we'll h-have earned s-some t-t-time t-together."

[Sickbay]

Eyes widening, Raynor's grin was so broad that it felt like it'd fall off his face. It was thrilling to hear Ilana say those things, but to say them in public...even if they were in relative privacy...well! The road to teaching his Cardassian to stand up for herself and be more assertive was a long one, but there was progress being made.

"Orders..." he rumbled, trailing his thumb along her lower lip. "Of course. We stick out in any crowd. I suppose we would be missed." Indulging himself in one more kiss, Raynor slipped his hand into Ilana's, leading her out of Sickbay. "I will behave. I mean to earn my bites..."
Back to top Go down
Mira

Mira

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 3:36 pm

Sigma Nu wrote:
Sigma saw the befuddlement on Mira's face, and laughed. "Doesn't make much sense, now does it?" they said. "The people who seem to be the pinnacle of interaction... falling flat on the most basic of polite conversations."

"We do. They don't know what to do with you, and they don't know what to do with me either. I guess we can only hope and wait to see if they get... over... themselves.." Sigma's voice slowed slightly, and the Deltan appeared distracted for a moment. Something felt slightly wrong... but they shook it off.

"Anyway... you can just stay over here with me if you want. I aim to avoid talking to everyone, even the starfleet admirals, so you're welcome to join me.... ugh. I have a headache... all this talking in this room, probably."

[Meeting Hall]

As the Deltan's voice trailed off, Mira zoned in on it, her head snapping around to look at Sigma. There were some thingss that her programming had been designed to pick up on, and it was apparent that something had disturbed her companion.

"Perhaps a trip to sickbay would help?" she offered.

Myree Grell wrote:
Beaming a grin, she spotted Sigma and Mira cloistered off by themselves. The Orion set her glass down, sauntering up to the pair and throwing her arms around their shoulders. "Hey! What a wonderful party, right?" Myree rolled her pale blue eyes, chuckling. She turned her head toward Mira, allowing a playful smirk to settle on her lips. "I'm surprised to not see Kristen here with you, too!"

Although she didn't jump as an arm was suddenly thrown around her holographic shoulders, she was distracted from whatever was bothering Sigma as she turned her head to look at the Orion. She looked nonplussed at the mention of Myree's surprise not to see Kristen there with her.

"I trust that, given your facial expression, you do not find this party wonderful?" she clarified. "Also, why would you be surprised that Kristen is not here? I am sure she is being kept busy with the demands for repairs."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Eyes widening, Raynor's grin was so broad that it felt like it'd fall off his face.  It was thrilling to hear Ilana say those things, but to say them in public...even if they were in relative privacy...well!  The road to teaching his Cardassian to stand up for herself and be more assertive was a long one, but there was progress being made.

"Orders..." he rumbled, trailing his thumb along her lower lip.  "Of course.  We stick out in any crowd.  I suppose we would be missed."  Indulging himself in one more kiss, Raynor slipped his hand into Ilana's, leading her out of Sickbay.  "I will behave.  I mean to earn my bites..."

[Sickbay]

Ilana found herself quite pleased at the reaction her words had gained from the Klingon. She was still learning how to read him, as well as what brought him joy and pleasure, A long project, certainly, but one she was willing to spend the rest of her life working on.

It was with reluctance that she left the warmth of Raynor's arms, partially mollified by the hand that took hers. Large social gatherings were not something that she enjoyed at all, but having him there definitely made her feel better about it.

"I h-h-have n-no d-doubt th-th-that y-you w-w-will," she replied, looking up at him with a smile. "And I w-will b-b-be g-glad t-to r-r-r-reward y-you once th-this is over."

[Meeting Hall]

Of course, when they arrived at the gathering, her courage suddenly ran up the white flag and she hesitated on the threshold, biting her lip.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 5:36 pm

[Sickbay - CMO's Office]

He wasn't sure how, but somehow Henriks had managed to worm his way out of going to the diplomatic function that seemed be to sucking such a large portion of the station's population to it like a black hole. Maybe that it was that he had recently become a father to two newborns that required a lot of care and attention. Or maybe it was that his desk was so littered with padds and information about the vast number of different species that were visiting, that his "invite", if he had one, had simply gotten lost in the mess. 

But either way, it didn't matter. He could do more good from sickbay, and in any event, the department already had someone in attendance. This left Henriks to sort through the padds and make sure all was in order in case some catastrophic event struck, however unlikely. Boy, did he have a lot to do. 

Something rubbed against the doctor's leg, causing him to jump slightly in his seat. After the recent tribble infestation.... But when Henriks looked down, he was much relieved to see it was just Teo. "You silly cat. Come here."
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Mira wrote:

Although she didn't jump as an arm was suddenly thrown around her holographic shoulders, she was distracted from whatever was bothering Sigma as she turned her head to look at the Orion.  She looked nonplussed at the mention of Myree's surprise not to see Kristen there with her.

"I trust that, given your facial expression, you do not find this party wonderful?" she clarified.  "Also, why would you be surprised that Kristen is not here?  I am sure she is being kept busy with the demands for repairs."

[Meeting Hall]

"Uh-huh," Myree smirked, nodding. "I'm sure she is pretty damn busy. We all have been, what with the Tholians trying to draw and quarter us, and the corridors being stuffed with purring infestation. Still..." she drawled, shrugging. "I bet Kristen somehow ends up finding the time somewhere to be here."

She turned to Sigma, fully intent on ribbing her friend over something...but the thought was soon overcome by the shocked look that settled onto her features. There, right before her eyes...some of the cybernetic implants that covered the Deltan's fingers in a delicate lattice...well, they damn well came alive, whipping around and looking for all the world like Borg nanotubes.

Myree jumped back a little, her fight-or-flight instincts struggling to take over, when...just like that, the cybernetic tendrils were gone. The Orion blinked a few times, trying to clear her head.
Back to top Go down
Mira

Mira

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 6:27 pm

Myree Grell wrote:
"Uh-huh," Myree smirked, nodding.  "I'm sure she is pretty damn busy.  We all have been, what with the Tholians trying to draw and quarter us, and the corridors being stuffed with purring infestation.  Still..." she drawled, shrugging.  "I bet Kristen somehow ends up finding the time somewhere to be here."

She turned to Sigma, fully intent on ribbing her friend over something...but the thought was soon overcome by the shocked look that settled onto her features.  There, right before her eyes...some of the cybernetic implants that covered the Deltan's fingers in a delicate lattice...well, they damn well came alive, whipping around and looking for all the world like Borg nanotubes.

Myree jumped back a little, her fight-or-flight instincts struggling to take over, when...just like that, the cybernetic tendrils were gone.  The Orion blinked a few times, trying to clear her head.

[Meeting Hall]

Ah, yes, the problem with the Tholians. That had not been a particularly stellar episode, and the infestation of Tribbles had been an irritant. The other security personnel had been hearing purring for days after the creatures had been dealt with.

Before she could respond, she felt the Orion stiffen next to her, staring at Sigma's arm. Mira was instantly on alert, her tactical programming snapping to attention.

"What is it?" she asked, her tone low and urgent. "Is there a problem?"
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 8:00 pm

Mira wrote:

[Meeting Hall]

Ah, yes, the problem with the Tholians.  That had not been a particularly stellar episode, and the infestation of Tribbles had been an irritant.  The other security personnel had been hearing purring for days after the creatures had been dealt with.

Before she could respond, she felt the Orion stiffen next to her, staring at Sigma's arm.  Mira was instantly on alert, her tactical programming snapping to attention.

"What is it?" she asked, her tone low and urgent.  "Is there a problem?"

[Meeting Hall]

Sigma had been pleased to See Myree walk over. The more the merrier when avoiding a meeting hall full of the stuffiest people known to starfleet. Sigma was starting to consider the Orion their friend, especially since it was hard enough to make those when you were the oddball of the station.

Some light banter had been going back and forth, and Sigma was about to chime in themself, but then Myree seemed to jump away from them-- and it seemed to have something to do with their arm.

"What? What is it? Do I have a spider on me?" the Deltan asked urgently, immediately batting at their arm.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 9:22 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Of course, when they arrived at the gathering, her courage suddenly ran up the white flag and she hesitated on the threshold, biting her lip.

[Meeting Hall]

Raynor knew that Ilana hadn't been looking forward to this event. Neither was he, though for very different reasons. He didn't give a single damn about any of these people, nor did he care to be Starfleet's token exchange officer. Though...of course, that was kind of what he was.

The Klingon drew Ilana a little closer to him. Her body language was as obvious as an alarm klaxon. "We will make an appearance, and then leave," he quietly said.

Suddenly, something caught the corner of his eye, sending his hunter's instincts into overdrive. There was a Bajoran in plain clothing, possibly a member of the station's service staff. The way the man was looking at Ilana...looking at him...almost as if he were sizing Raynor up. The change in his posture was immediate, from relaxed to tense.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 5:00 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Raynor knew that Ilana hadn't been looking forward to this event.  Neither was he, though for very different reasons.  He didn't give a single damn about any of these people, nor did he care to be Starfleet's token exchange officer.  Though...of course, that was kind of what he was.

The Klingon drew Ilana a little closer to him.  Her body language was as obvious as an alarm klaxon.  "We will make an appearance, and then leave," he quietly said.  

Suddenly, something caught the corner of his eye, sending his hunter's instincts into overdrive.  There was a Bajoran in plain clothing, possibly a member of the station's service staff.  The way the man was looking at Ilana...looking at him...almost as if he were sizing Raynor up.  The change in his posture was immediate, from relaxed to tense.  

[Meeting Hall]

The warm arm around her bringing her closer into Raynor's side immediately helped Ilana to relax. The gesture, his will to protect her, reassured her on both a conscious and subconscious level. A faint smile tugged at her lips.

At his assurance that they wouldn't have to spend a lot of time at the gathering, the young Cardassian looked up at him, but before she could answer his entire stance changed, tensing and prepared to act. It was a far cry from his normal, relaxed posture. She followed his line of sight, trying to tell what he was concerned about, but saw nothing.

"R-R-R-R-Raynor?" she asked, her stammer more pronounced in her own nervousness. "R-R-R-Raynor, wh-wh-what's w-w-wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 3:50 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The warm arm around her bringing her closer into Raynor's side immediately helped Ilana to relax.  The gesture, his will to protect her, reassured her on both a conscious and subconscious level.  A faint smile tugged at her lips.

At his assurance that they wouldn't have to spend a lot of time at the gathering, the young Cardassian looked up at him, but before she could answer his entire stance changed, tensing and prepared to act.  It was a far cry from his normal, relaxed posture.  She followed his line of sight, trying to tell what he was concerned about, but saw nothing.

"R-R-R-R-Raynor?" she asked, her stammer more pronounced in her own nervousness.  "R-R-R-Raynor, wh-wh-what's w-w-wrong?"

"I..." Raynor trailed, frowning severely as he scanned the area with eyes like hazel augers. The Bajoran, whoever he was, had disappeared. "I could swear I saw...never mind. Must've been my imagination." In honesty, the Bajoran had brought to Raynor's mind an incident in which renegade scientists had tried to abduct Ilana. The man had been someone that seemed to elude spotting, someone that could slip into a crowd and be as nondescript as anyone else. In other words...a perfect assassin.
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 4:05 pm

Sigma Nu wrote:

Sigma had been pleased to See Myree walk over. The more the merrier when avoiding a meeting hall full of the stuffiest people known to starfleet. Sigma was starting to consider the Orion their friend, especially since it was hard enough to make those when you were the oddball of the station.

Some light banter had been going back and forth, and Sigma was about to chime in themself, but then Myree seemed to jump away from them-- and it seemed to have something to do with their arm.

"What? What is it? Do I have a spider on me?" the Deltan asked urgently, immediately batting at their arm.

[Meeting Hall]

Blinking owlishly, Myree then squinted. "Uh. No?" She ran her fingers over the tight bun her russet hair was tied in, shaking her head. "No spider...sorry." Myree forced a chuckle, though it sounded hollow in her own ears. "Guess that drink crept up on me...hit a little harder than I thought." Myree knew that it wasn't true, though - her tolerance for alcohol was high. In fact, it had been somewhat of a minor legend during her time at Starfleet Academy.

The other option was quite distasteful, but she wouldn't put it past some of these smarmy diplomats. Myree quickly retraced her steps back to the drink table, picking up her not-yet-taken glass and returning it to Mira. "Can you scan this for contaminants or hallucinogens?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 4:06 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"I..." Raynor trailed, frowning severely as he scanned the area with eyes like hazel augers.  The Bajoran, whoever he was, had disappeared.  "I could swear I saw...never mind.  Must've been my imagination."  In honesty, the Bajoran had brought to Raynor's mind an incident in which renegade scientists had tried to abduct Ilana.  The man had been someone that seemed to elude spotting, someone that could slip into a crowd and be as nondescript as anyone else.  In other words...a perfect assassin.  

[Meeting Hall]

Ilana didn't look particularly convinced by the thought that Raynor's imagination could be playing tricks on him. While she didn't doubt that he had an imagination, (he had proved that to her over the course of many pleasant evenings), but she had never known him to allow that imagination to affect how he behaved in this manner.

She scanned the gathered people, hoping to catch a glimpse of whatever had put him on edge, but couldn't see anything. Granted, there were many species milling around that she wasn't familiar with, as well as a handful of Bajorans, Klingons, Cardassians and Romulans, but they all seemed to be ignoring the strange couple.

Giving him what she hoped to be a reassuring smile, she nodded to the drinks table. "W-w-would y-y-you l-like a d-d-drink?"
Back to top Go down
Mira

Mira

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 4:15 pm

Myree Grell wrote:
Blinking owlishly, Myree then squinted.  "Uh.  No?"  She ran her fingers over the tight bun her russet hair was tied in, shaking her head.  "No spider...sorry."  Myree forced a chuckle, though it sounded hollow in her own ears.  "Guess that drink crept up on me...hit a little harder than I thought."  Myree knew that it wasn't true, though - her tolerance for alcohol was high.  In fact, it had been somewhat of a minor legend during her time at Starfleet Academy.  

The other option was quite distasteful, but she wouldn't put it past some of these smarmy diplomats.  Myree quickly retraced her steps back to the drink table, picking up her not-yet-taken glass and returning it to Mira.  "Can you scan this for contaminants or hallucinogens?"

[Meeting Hall]

Although she had a slight expression of confusion on her holographic face, Mira took the glass. Of course, her programming quickly joined the dots between the pieces of information and told her exactly why Myree wanted her to scan it. Such things, while almost unheard of in areas mainly populated by Federation species, unfortunately still occurred with alarming frequency in other, less reputable areas.

After a few moments consideration, she looked up at Myree, almost embarrassed to give her verdict. "I can confirm the presence of a hallucinogen in this glass, although not one that I am familiar with," she stated, keeping hold of it rather than giving it back to the Orion. It had been a somewhat confusing reading. Hazy and unclear as to the exact origin of the reading, but there was a concentration of it on the glass.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 7:39 pm

[Sickbay]

Chira had nodded politely to Dr. Telak and her Klingon guardian, Hughes, as she passed them on the way into sickbay. Well, she assumed Raynor's presence on the station was for more than being Ilana's shadow, but he seemed to play that role to a 't'. The pained look on their faces made it plain that neither was looking forward to the reception...a gathering that, fortunately, she was able to duck out of due to still being on maternity leave.

The reasons for that leave were clinging close to her chest, both of them comfortably nestled in a dual-holding sling, with Thomas on one side, and Kristina on the other. Just a few years ago, the image of her walking around with babies strapped to her would have seemed crazy. That was before meeting Henriks had turned all her priorities around...much for the better.

Tommy gave a little noise, opening his eyes as she made her way to her husband's office. "Hello, there," she said to him, and to Henriks as the door opened. "Hope we're not interrupting anything."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 1:33 pm

[Sickbay - CMO's Office]

Henriks just about had a heart attack when bent down to scoop up the cat, hearing a strange cooing sound that sounded nothing at all like Teo's usual purr. Teo tilted his head and mewed. Henriks scratched the cat below the chin, resulting in a warm, gentle purr from the feline.

Chira Abols wrote:
[Sickbay]
Tommy gave a little noise, opening his eyes as she made her way to her husband's office.  "Hello, there," she said to him, and to Henriks as the door opened.  "Hope we're not interrupting anything."

His heart was still racing when the door to his office slid aside to admit the eternally radiant and wonderful Chira, babes in arm. "Never," he replied with a grin. As it was, he was just reviewing information, nothing critical. 

Rising from his chair, he deposited Teo onto the desk, and the cat struggled not to slip and slide on the padds before jumping into the now vacant seat. Henriks gave his wife a peck on the cheek, then doing the same for both of his beautiful children. "And how are you feeling, my lovely lady?" he asked. Resisting the urge to simply run a scan instead, Henriks gently reached for one of the twins instead.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 7:24 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

His heart was still racing when the door to his office slid aside to admit the eternally radiant and wonderful Chira, babes in arm. "Never," he replied with a grin. As it was, he was just reviewing information, nothing critical. 

Rising from his chair, he deposited Teo onto the desk, and the cat struggled not to slip and slide on the padds before jumping into the now vacant seat. Henriks gave his wife a peck on the cheek, then doing the same for both of his beautiful children. "And how are you feeling, my lovely lady?" he asked. Resisting the urge to simply run a scan instead, Henriks gently reached for one of the twins instead.

[Sickbay]

Chira helped hand Thomas to his father, her trained psychologist's eye catching the flash of worry in his eye. "Stand down from medical alert, Dr. Apple," she smiled. "I'm not here in urgent capacity. The little ones wanted to be awake, but walking around often will help them go back to sleep." She gave a little chuckle, touching Kristina's cheek. "Of course they didn't sleep...but they do enjoy the walk. Aside from eating and pooping, I think it's the favorite thing."
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 7:29 pm

Mira wrote:

Although she had a slight expression of confusion on her holographic face, Mira took the glass.  Of course, her programming quickly joined the dots between the pieces of information and told her exactly why Myree wanted her to scan it.  Such things, while almost unheard of in areas mainly populated by Federation species, unfortunately still occurred with alarming frequency in other, less reputable areas.

After a few moments consideration, she looked up at Myree, almost embarrassed to give her verdict.  "I can confirm the presence of a hallucinogen in this glass, although not one that I am familiar with," she stated, keeping hold of it rather than giving it back to the Orion.  It had been a somewhat confusing reading.  Hazy and unclear as to the exact origin of the reading, but there was a concentration of it on the glass.

[Meeting Hall]

"...Huh," Myree said, her face screwing up in a puzzled frown. "Clear as mud." She could think of a few rather dark reasons that someone would want to drug her drink, but there were better things to use for than than hallucinogens. That left...well, she had no idea what that left. "I could swear I saw Sigma's arm implants come alive and flail around like a tentacle." The Orion smiled apologetically at her Deltan friend. "No offense, naturally. We...we should probably let Admiral Deacon know about this."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 8:24 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana didn't look particularly convinced by the thought that Raynor's imagination could be playing tricks on him.  While she didn't doubt that he had an imagination, (he had proved that to her over the course of many pleasant evenings), but she had never known him to allow that imagination to affect how he behaved in this manner.

She scanned the gathered people, hoping to catch a glimpse of whatever had put him on edge, but couldn't see anything.  Granted, there were many species milling around that she wasn't familiar with, as well as a handful of Bajorans, Klingons, Cardassians and Romulans, but they all seemed to be ignoring the strange couple.

Giving him what she hoped to be a reassuring smile, she nodded to the drinks table.  "W-w-would y-y-you l-like a d-d-drink?"

[Meeting Hall]

A hunter's instincts were to be honed as sharp as his blade, and Raynor prided himself on both. He always had. One aspect of a hunter's instinct that Raynor was not used to, however, was not being able to trust his own senses. "Of course," the Klingon said, grinning happily. No matter what he was seeing, one sense he could always trust was his love for Ilana.

He turned toward the drink table, catching a flash of motion from the corner of his eye once again. Yes! There it was! The Bajoran slid along the edge of the room, eyes boring on Ilana like a stalking ridgecat. "Down!" he hissed, his voice one of soft command. Raynor reached behind his belt, cursing once he realized that decorum had demanded he leave his blades in his quarters. Oh well, his bare hands would do well enough for these bastards!
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 8:37 pm

[Meeting Hall]

As Stark moved away, most probably to get himself another drink, Rachel took a moment to resituate herself in the large room.  Catching sight of a Borg, whether it had been a VISOR malfuntion or not, had shaken her.  Wolf 359 had been a traumatic event for all personnel involved, barring the Borg of course, who were beyond that kind of thing.  For a junior officer, it had certainly left its mark.

She turned her attention to the diplomats mixing and mingling, listening to the calls as they greeted acquaintances they hadn't seen since the last time such a gathering had been hosted.  Someone brushed past her, jostling her arm, but before she could turn to see who it had been, she froze.  Something cold had just slid itself between her ribs, narrowly missing her heart, easily insinuating itself through her dress uniform and the armour she wore under it as if there were no barrier other than her flesh.

Just as easily as it went in, it was pulled out again.  Rachel managed to stay upright for a moment, a faint expression of shock breaking through her usual stoic features as her hand went to the wound, before swaying slightly and sinking to her knees with a wet cough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
A hunter's instincts were to be honed as sharp as his blade, and Raynor prided himself on both.  He always had.  One aspect of a hunter's instinct that Raynor was not used to, however, was not being able to trust his own senses.  "Of course," the Klingon said, grinning happily.  No matter what he was seeing, one sense he could always trust was his love for Ilana.  

He turned toward the drink table, catching a flash of motion from the corner of his eye once again.  Yes!  There it was!  The Bajoran slid along the edge of the room, eyes boring on Ilana like a stalking ridgecat.  "Down!" he hissed, his voice one of soft command.  Raynor reached behind his belt, cursing once he realized that decorum had demanded he leave his blades in his quarters.  Oh well, his bare hands would do well enough for these bastards!

[Meeting Hall]

Ilana relaxed slightly as Raynor seemed to turn his attention back to her rather than whatever he had seen or thought he had seen in the dense gathering of people in the hall. The happy grin that settled on his face was mirrored by a contented smile on hers.

Before they reached the drinks table, however, she felt him tense again, hissing at her to take cover before reaching behind him to where he generally kept his weapons. The young Cardassian gasped, her gaze instantly following his to where he seemed to be watching whatever danger was there. She grabbed his arm, wrapping her own around it even though she knew that there was nothing her slight frame could do if he decided to go after whatever he thought he had seen.

"R-R-Raynor!" she pleaded. "R-R-Raynor, th-there's n-n-n-nothing th-th-there!"
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:
[Meeting Hall]

As Stark moved away, most probably to get himself another drink, Rachel took a moment to resituate herself in the large room.  Catching sight of a Borg, whether it had been a VISOR malfuntion or not, had shaken her.  Wolf 359 had been a traumatic event for all personnel involved, barring the Borg of course, who were beyond that kind of thing.  For a junior officer, it had certainly left its mark.

She turned her attention to the diplomats mixing and mingling, listening to the calls as they greeted acquaintances they hadn't seen since the last time such a gathering had been hosted.  Someone brushed past her, jostling her arm, but before she could turn to see who it had been, she froze.  Something cold had just slid itself between her ribs, narrowly missing her heart, easily insinuating itself through her dress uniform and the armour she wore under it as if there were no barrier other than her flesh.

Just as easily as it went in, it was pulled out again.  Rachel managed to stay upright for a moment, a faint expression of shock breaking through her usual stoic features as her hand went to the wound, before swaying slightly and sinking to her knees with a wet cough.

[Meeting Hall]

"Found some Dom, 2300 vintage," Stark said, carrying back two glass flutes of champagne to Deacon.  "Did someone bring it, or have we had this?  And if it's the latter...why have I never known this until now?"

He frowned at the odd expression on Deacon's face.  She seemed to be deciding whether or not she had swallowed a bad plum.  And then he noticed the blood on her hands...and everything else was a blur.

=^="Stark to security, lock down the meeting hall.  Nobody in or out that isn't Starfleet!"=^=

Stark had seen stab wounds before.  He'd taken and given quite a few over the years...and this was what he was looking at right now.  "Easy, ma'am," he murmured, deciding on the quick that there was little he could do while on an installation with a full medical department.

=^="Two for emergency transport to sickbay!"=^= he commanded, hoping that everyone could keep things under control here...at least for a brief moment.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 11:17 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

[Sickbay]

Chira helped hand Thomas to his father, her trained psychologist's eye catching the flash of worry in his eye.  "Stand down from medical alert, Dr. Apple," she smiled.  "I'm not here in urgent capacity.  The little ones wanted to be awake, but walking around often will help them go back to sleep."  She gave a little chuckle, touching Kristina's cheek.  "Of course they didn't sleep...but they do enjoy the walk.  Aside from eating and pooping, I think it's the favorite thing."

[Sickbay - CMO's Office]

Henriks beamed, taking the little one into his arms. He still marveled at the fact that he was indeed a father. It wasn't something he had thought a lot about when he was younger. His head had always been filled with medical textbooks or mucking around with his twin. He had always thought his older brother Juris would have kids first, but in a surprise turn of events, Henriks had been the first of his siblings to marry. Everything changed when he met Chira, in the most wonderful way, and now he couldn't imagine things being any different.

Chira smiled at him, and that did more for him than any medicine ever could. But a trace of anxiety lingered, for some reason that he just couldn't put his finger on. He pushed that thought to the back of his mind, smiling back at his wife. "Well, I'm glad it's one of their favorite things to do," he replied. He rocked Thomas gently in his arms, hoping this would lull the child into a slumber, but Thomas continued to stare up at his father, mouth agape in a smile. "Babies seem to have a mind of their own when it comes to sleep," Henriks chuckled, "or anything else for that matter."

Corman Stark wrote:

=^="Two for emergency transport to sickbay!"=^= he commanded, hoping that everyone could keep things under control here...at least for a brief moment.

A chime at the door brought an end to the long ambient atmosphere in sickbay. Before Henriks could make any reply, one of the nurses came barging in.

"I'm so sorry to barge in, sir," the nurse began, "but Admirals Stark and Deacon have just beamed to sickbay through emergency transport. Deacon appears to have blood down the front of her dress uniform from the upper left section of her torso."

"Thank you, nurse. I'll be right out," Henriks replied. The nurse gave a kurt nod and ran back out. Henriks quickly and gently handed Thomas back to Chira. "So sorry, mana saulīte, duty calls." He gave her a quick kiss before rushing after the nurse and into the fray.

Ensign Maya Stone was already present and assisting the admiral onto a biobed when Henriks came out. "What have we got?" he asked, reaching for his tools.

"A stab wound between the third and fifth coastal cartilages, just narrowly missing the heart," the ensign quickly replied.

Henriks turned to Admiral Stark. "Do we know what caused this?" The next step would depend on his answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace   Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 1 - Mission 4: Illusions of Peace
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next