Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 1:04 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin nodded as Zero laid out all the problems of 'storming the gates'.  All of which were very good points, true...but he was quite drunk.  "If...you went in, guns blazing, then, yes...you might not get out of there."  He knocked back his cup, draining it and setting the glass down, a bit too hard, but thankfully not smashing it.  

Leaning in, Gav brought himself closer to Zero, dropping his voice down quietly.  "But consider this.  I pretty much grew up around Starfleet Medical.  I know the building.  I know the people.  I can get you in.  I can help you!"

In a gesture that was obviously unfamiliar to the Augment, Zero reached over to the young officer and patted him on the head with a sad smile.

"I thank you for your enthusiasm, but it is unlikely to be possible. They monitor my location at all times and would be sure to pick up on the fact that I was on their premises. They would not let such a provocation go without punishment and..." here, the thought had bubbled up much to her surprise, "it would only serve to damage your career."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 3:05 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

In a gesture that was obviously unfamiliar to the Augment, Zero reached over to the young officer and patted him on the head with a sad smile.

"I thank you for your enthusiasm, but it is unlikely to be possible.  They monitor my location at all times and would be sure to pick up on the fact that I was on their premises.  They would not let such a provocation go without punishment and..." here, the thought had bubbled up much to her surprise, "it would only serve to damage your career."

Gavin rolled his eyes upward as he attempted to watch the Augment pat him on the head. His efforts earned him nothing much more than a wave of dizziness, so he quickly abandoned that train of thought. Still...it was a sweet gesture. Zero Alpha wasn't so big and bad as people made her out to be. At least, not unless she wanted to be. And he wouldn't dare utter that thought in her hearing. But...still.

"Oh. Yeah. I guess," he said, rather sullenly, pouring another drink. The small voice in his head that was still rational said he'd have a hell of a wine hangover in the morning. Drinking some more, Gavin frowned a little at the mention of his career. "As for my career...yeah. I guess I could run naked through the halls. That might do more damage than I've already done." Laughing at the thought, Gav put down some more wine. "I dunno what dad was more pissed off about...be blowing my assignment, or the fact that I've transferred out of Medical."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 3:17 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin rolled his eyes upward as he attempted to watch the Augment pat him on the head.  His efforts earned him nothing much more than a wave of dizziness, so he quickly abandoned that train of thought.  Still...it was a sweet gesture.  Zero Alpha wasn't so big and bad as people made her out to be.  At least, not unless she wanted to be.  And he wouldn't dare utter that thought in her hearing.  But...still.

"Oh.  Yeah.  I guess," he said, rather sullenly, pouring another drink.  The small voice in his head that was still rational said he'd have a hell of a wine hangover in the morning.  Drinking some more, Gavin frowned a little at the mention of his career.  "As for my career...yeah.  I guess I could run naked through the halls.  That might do more damage than I've already done."  Laughing at the thought, Gav put down some more wine.  "I dunno what dad was more pissed off about...be blowing my assignment, or the fact that I've transferred out of Medical."

Zero found one corner of her mouth tugging up in a smile. Perhaps it was time to start slowing down on the drink. Emotion was starting to leak around the corners of her mind.

"While I do not understand your reference to travelling rapidly on foot through geologically uneven terrain in a state of undress, I believe that it refers to your regret at having caused damage to your career through refusing to act as a spy for Starfleet Medical." Yes, she was definitely starting to feel the effects of drink. She could never imitate the way everyone else spoke when she was drunk. She reverted to the way Doctor Kincaede had taught her to speak. "I am not acquainted with your father, but perhaps if you explained the circumstances of your decisions, he may understand your reasoning?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 5:54 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero found one corner of her mouth tugging up in a smile.  Perhaps it was time to start slowing down on the drink.  Emotion was starting to leak around the corners of her mind.

"While I do not understand your reference to travelling rapidly on foot through geologically uneven terrain in a state of undress, I believe that it refers to your regret at having caused damage to your career through refusing to act as a spy for Starfleet Medical."  Yes, she was definitely starting to feel the effects of drink.  She could never imitate the way everyone else spoke when she was drunk.  She reverted to the way Doctor Kincaede had taught her to speak.  "I am not acquainted with your father, but perhaps if you explained the circumstances of your decisions, he may understand your reasoning?"

To his dismay, Gavin found that his second bottle of springwine was growing very empty.  He reached over for it, but then got distracted by Zero's questions, and forgot all about what he was doing.  "Uh," he said, frowning in concentration.  "Geologically uneven...no, no...halls, honey.  Not hills."  Gavin laughed happily, swaying gently in his seat.  Somewhere in the distance, a group of officers were playing Aldeberan pan flutes.  It was a beautiful sound.  

The thoughts of his father brought him back to the present, sadly leaving his drunken swaying behind.  "Nah...well, maybe.  He might.  I dunno.  We haven't really talked a hell of a lot."  Leaning heavily on the bar, Gavin cocked an eyebrow at his pseudo-cousin.  "He may understand, but I know he's still pissed.  At that, and at the strings he had to pull to keep me from having my ass yanked back down to cadet.  Now that would have been a splatter of mud on the Van Gelder name!"

He laughed, a hollow sound without any mirth.  Gavin stared at Zero, tapping his chin in thought.  "You know, I swear, you have to be the only person I've met whose diction actually improves as they get drunker."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 7:36 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

To his dismay, Gavin found that his second bottle of springwine was growing very empty.  He reached over for it, but then got distracted by Zero's questions, and forgot all about what he was doing.  "Uh," he said, frowning in concentration.  "Geologically uneven...no, no...halls, honey.  Not hills."  Gavin laughed happily, swaying gently in his seat.  Somewhere in the distance, a group of officers were playing Aldeberan pan flutes.  It was a beautiful sound.  

The thoughts of his father brought him back to the present, sadly leaving his drunken swaying behind.  "Nah...well, maybe.  He might.  I dunno.  We haven't really talked a hell of a lot."  Leaning heavily on the bar, Gavin cocked an eyebrow at his pseudo-cousin.  "He may understand, but I know he's still pissed.  At that, and at the strings he had to pull to keep me from having my ass yanked back down to cadet.  Now that would have been a splatter of mud on the Van Gelder name!"

He laughed, a hollow sound without any mirth.  Gavin stared at Zero, tapping his chin in thought.  "You know, I swear, you have to be the only person I've met whose diction actually improves as they get drunker."

The Augment frowned slightly as Gavin corrected her. Apparently, she was going to have to work on actually listening to what people say and not what her ears wanted her to hear. It was a difficult distinction to make at times, and certaiy a humanoid behaviour she had observed numerous times in her interactions with other humans.

She had been about to ask his meaning about further smearing of the Van Gelder name, but he continued on to question her speech.

"That is because it requires a greater effort on my part in order to imitate the unique patois that the majority of humans choose to utilise in their daily existance. This is my habitual mannr of speaking, the manner instructed to me by Doctor Kincaede. He did not allow me to make use of many of your colloquialisms. However, I have not yet reached the level of intoxication that will impair my eloquence."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 7:25 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

The Augment frowned slightly as Gavin corrected her.  Apparently, she was going to have to work on actually listening to what people say and not what her ears wanted her to hear.  It was a difficult distinction to make at times, and certaiy a humanoid behaviour she had observed numerous times in her interactions with other humans.

She had been about to ask his meaning about further smearing of the Van Gelder name, but he continued on to question her speech.

"That is because it requires a greater effort on my part in order to imitate the unique patois that the majority of humans choose to utilise in their daily existance.  This is my habitual mannr of speaking, the manner instructed to me by Doctor Kincaede.  He did not allow me to make use of many of your colloquialisms.  However, I have not yet reached the level of intoxication that will impair my eloquence."

Gavin blinked, rather owlishly, at the pale girl. "It sounds to me, love, that you need to be drinking more." He shook his head. Zero sounded funny, but it was rather tragic, at the heart of it. Raised in a lab, taught to speak like a computer. No growing up, playing with toys, throwing snowballs, first crushes and dances and baby pictures. None of it. "I don't think anything can impair your eloquence."

He shoved the glass away, knowing that he'd reached the point at which he'd probably go from 'drunk' to 'sick'. Besides, he was plenty of the former. "Look, Zero...I know...I know my name isn't exactly the most revered thing at Medical, right now. Well," he giggled, "my name, in particular. But...the Van Gelder name...now, that still carries weight. And I know a lot of people. We may not be able to storm the gates, but...if there's any way I can ever help you..." He gently placed his hand on her forearm, uncaring (or unaware) of the fact that she might bite it off. "I promise that I will."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin blinked, rather owlishly, at the pale girl.  "It sounds to me, love, that you need to be drinking more."  He shook his head.  Zero sounded funny, but it was rather tragic, at the heart of it.  Raised in a lab, taught to speak like a computer.  No growing up, playing with toys, throwing snowballs, first crushes and dances and baby pictures.  None of it.  "I don't think anything can impair your eloquence."

He shoved the glass away, knowing that he'd reached the point at which he'd probably go from 'drunk' to 'sick'.  Besides, he was plenty of the former.  "Look, Zero...I know...I know my name isn't exactly the most revered thing at Medical, right now.  Well," he giggled, "my name, in particular.  But...the Van Gelder name...now, that still carries weight.  And I know a lot of people.  We may not be able to storm the gates, but...if there's any way I can ever help you..."  He gently placed his hand on her forearm, uncaring (or unaware) of the fact that she might bite it off.  "I promise that I will."

Zero could feel the alcohol in her system going to her head. It was a nice feeling. It made her feel as if she was on the same intellectual level as everyone else around her. Well, maybe not everyone. There was only so many IQ points she could temporarily lose.

But the alcohol did allow her to feel a certain amount of an unfamiliar emotion towards Gavin. It was... warm, a little like adoration but not as intense, and an urge to perform some sort of favour for the young ex-medic. She cross-referenced the sensation in her mental files. Ah, that sounded right. Gratitude. But how did one go about expressing gratitude toward another individual? Previous research indicated a phrase that could be employed.

"I wish to thank you for your offer of assistance, Gavin,"she said carefully, hoping that she got it right. It was strange. This lanky youth was the only person apart from Jiseth that she found herself not wanting to insult or hurt in an emotional way. It was a most peculiar sensation.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:49 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero could feel the alcohol in her system going to her head.  It was a nice feeling.  It made her feel as if she was on the same intellectual level as everyone else around her.  Well, maybe not everyone.  There was only so many IQ points she could temporarily lose.

But the alcohol did allow her to feel a certain amount of an unfamiliar emotion towards Gavin.  It was... warm, a little like adoration but not as intense, and an urge to perform some sort of favour for the young ex-medic.  She cross-referenced the sensation in her mental files.  Ah, that sounded right.  Gratitude.  But how did one go about expressing gratitude toward another individual?  Previous research indicated a phrase that could be employed.

"I wish to thank you for your offer of assistance, Gavin,"she said carefully, hoping that she got it right.  It was strange.  This lanky youth was the only person apart from Jiseth that she found herself not wanting to insult or hurt in an emotional way.  It was a most peculiar sensation.

Was there a little flush in her cheeks? Maybe. She wasn't acting particularly drunk, but Gavin knew what to look for, and she was so pale, any trace of blushing had nowhere to hide. Then again, with the amount of hard liquor this kid had put away in such a short amount of time...Gavin imagined that, if their roles were reversed, he'd be on the floor.

"Of course, Zero," he grinned, swaying on the seat. It was getting very difficult to keep his balance on the narrow little chair. "We're family, right?" Gavin shrugged. "Well...only in the most clinical sense of the word. But...I'd like to be your friend, at least. I think we can start there, can't we?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 6:08 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Was there a little flush in her cheeks?  Maybe.  She wasn't acting particularly drunk, but Gavin knew what to look for, and she was so pale, any trace of blushing had nowhere to hide.  Then again, with the amount of hard liquor this kid had put away in such a short amount of time...Gavin imagined that, if their roles were reversed, he'd be on the floor.

"Of course, Zero," he grinned, swaying on the seat.  It was getting very difficult to keep his balance on the narrow little chair.  "We're family, right?"  Gavin shrugged.  "Well...only in the most clinical sense of the word.  But...I'd like to be your friend, at least.  I think we can start there, can't we?"

"I... believe I would be amenable to such an arrangement of relationships," Zero replied, frowning slightly at him. She was starting to see two Gavins, and knowing which one to focus on was becoming difficult.

Throwing back another drink, the Augment gave a hiccup, and looked a litte confused. That had never happened before. She gave another one and this time looked very confused. She shook her head, trying to clear it.

"How does one become friends with another individual? I have never been sure of the protocol involved. Is it as elementary as a spoken phrase or is there something more complex beneath it?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

"I... believe I would be amenable to such an arrangement of relationships," Zero replied, frowning slightly at him.  She was starting to see two Gavins, and knowing which one to focus on was becoming difficult.

Throwing back another drink, the Augment gave a hiccup, and looked a litte confused.  That had never happened before.  She gave another one and this time looked very confused.  She shook her head, trying to clear it.

"How does one become friends with another individual?  I have never been sure of the protocol involved.  Is it as elementary as a spoken phrase or is there something more complex beneath it?"

"That's as good as a 'yes', then," Gavin beamed, drumming his fingertips on the tabletop. He gave an amused look as a strange sound emanated from Zero. After a few moments, he realized that she was hiccuping. "I'd tell you to slow down, but...you're honestly better off than me right now," he happily giggled.

Her next question floored him a little. Protocol for friends? It was far too easy to forget how many developmental experiences that she'd missed out on, no matter how many crash courses the doctors might have given her.

"Welllll..." he drawled, "it's...um. It's just something you do. You kinda...feel it. I can't really explain it. You just...uh." Gavin rustled his hair, closing his eyes against the spinning lights. "I imagine that you just kinda...let instinct take over, when you met Jiseth? When you realized that you liked being around her? It's like that." He frowned, tapping his lower lip. "Only...not exactly. Sorry," Gavin shrugged, looking somewhat sheepish. "I guess I'm probably being more confusing than helpful."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 2:26 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"That's as good as a 'yes', then," Gavin beamed, drumming his fingertips on the tabletop.  He gave an amused look as a strange sound emanated from Zero.  After a few moments, he realized that she was hiccuping.  "I'd tell you to slow down, but...you're honestly better off than me right now," he happily giggled.

Her next question floored him a little.  Protocol for friends?  It was far too easy to forget how many developmental experiences that she'd missed out on, no matter how many crash courses the doctors might have given her.  

"Welllll..." he drawled, "it's...um.  It's just something you do.  You kinda...feel it.  I can't really explain it.  You just...uh."  Gavin rustled his hair, closing his eyes against the spinning lights.  "I imagine that you just kinda...let instinct take over, when you met Jiseth?  When you realized that you liked being around her?  It's like that."  He frowned, tapping his lower lip. "Only...not exactly.  Sorry," Gavin shrugged, looking somewhat sheepish.  "I guess I'm probably being more confusing than helpful."

Zero hiccupped again, a faintly irritated expression crossing her pale face, but it dissipated rapidly. "I have a friend! This is a strange sensation. I do not believe that I have experienced the like before." She hiccupped again. "It is my understanding that friendship is simply a less intense form of the bond generally shared by those engaged in a romantic relationship.". Another hiccup passed through. "This is most irritating! How does one rid themselves of this affliction?!"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:37 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero hiccupped again, a faintly irritated expression crossing her pale face, but it dissipated rapidly.  "I have a friend!  This is a strange sensation.  I do not believe that I have experienced the like before." She hiccupped again.  "It is my understanding that friendship is simply a less intense form of the bond generally shared by those engaged in a romantic relationship.". Another hiccup passed through.  "This is most irritating!  How does one rid themselves of this affliction?!"

"Ummm..." Gavin said, scratching his head a little bit at Zero's rather clinical representation of the concept of friendship. "Well. I guess...yeah, you could put it that way. Though, sometimes, friendships cross over into romantic relationships, or the other way around. Also," he said, raising a finger in the timeworn manner of professors, "a friendship can have aspects of romantic relationships, namely the physical part, without fully forming into romantic attachments. Y'know. If you love and trust a friend, and want the physical sensations without the full..."

The young scientist trailed off, realizing that he was laying a huge infodump right into Zero's lap, without much context. It was hard, really, trying to sort out exactly how to do what he'd had a lifetime's experience (such as it was) in learning. That, and, of course, he was totally bent right at the moment.

Gavin had to grin at the hiccups, though. "Drink from the far side of a glass, eat a spoonful of sugar, get a good scare...well. Those are the traditional methods of dealing with hiccups. But...I don't think they're peer-reviewed." He giggled a little at his own joke. "Maybe we need to just move around a little. Wanna go for a walk?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 11:28 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Ummm..." Gavin said, scratching his head a little bit at Zero's rather clinical representation of the concept of friendship.  "Well.  I guess...yeah, you could put it that way.  Though, sometimes, friendships cross over into romantic relationships, or the other way around.  Also," he said, raising a finger in the timeworn manner of professors, "a friendship can have aspects of romantic relationships, namely the physical part, without fully forming into romantic attachments.  Y'know.  If you love and trust a friend, and want the physical sensations without the full..."

The young scientist trailed off, realizing that he was laying a huge infodump right into Zero's lap, without much context.  It was hard, really, trying to sort out exactly how to do what he'd had a lifetime's experience (such as it was) in learning.  That, and, of course, he was totally bent right at the moment.  

Gavin had to grin at the hiccups, though.  "Drink from the far side of a glass, eat a spoonful of sugar, get a good scare...well.  Those are the traditional methods of dealing with hiccups.  But...I don't think they're peer-reviewed."  He giggled a little at his own joke.  "Maybe we need to just move around a little.  Wanna go for a walk?"

"Interpersonnel relationships are complex," Zero muttered before another hiccup escaped. She glared at the vodka glass as if it had just widdled on her sickbay floor. "I do not believe that I will ever *hicc* come to truly understand their numerous *hicc* intricacies."

Going for a walk sounded like a good idea. It would take her away from alcohol, but she could live with that. She slipped off the bar stool, catching herself on the back of it as her legs moved a little slower than her brain, but soon stood up properly.

"A walk would be beneficial," she agreed.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

"Interpersonal relationships are complex," Zero muttered before another hiccup escaped.  She glared at the vodka glass as if it had just widdled on her sickbay floor.  "I do not believe that I will ever *hicc* come to truly understand their numerous *hicc* intricacies."

Going for a walk sounded like a good idea.  It would take her away from alcohol, but she could live with that.  She slipped off the bar stool, catching herself on the back of it as her legs moved a little slower than her brain, but soon stood up properly.

"A walk would be beneficial," she agreed.

Gavin reached over to help Zero off her chair, but was a bit too late. He very nearly took a tumble himself, catching the rim of the bar. "Don't beat yourself up over it too hard, Zero," he said, managing to stand up...which he immediately wished he hadn't, since the bar lights were rather actively swimming around in front of his vision. "Ugh. Wow. I am...wow. Drunk. Anyway. I mean, I'm twenty-two years old, so I'm not gonna pretend like I've had all these volumes of life experience, and you can count my serious relationships on one hand. But...I screw up, sometimes. I misjudge people. It happens...so don't be upset when it does."

Wow, he thought, I am...way too drunk. Gavin reached down, smoothing the front of his uniform tunic. "Here," he said, grabbing up the vodka bottle from the table, and slipping it down the front of his grey tunic with a conspiratorial giggle. "I'll keep this for you. God, can you imagine if we get caught by that stodgy admiral? Where do you wanna go!"

Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 2:34 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin reached over to help Zero off her chair, but was a bit too late.  He very nearly took a tumble himself, catching the rim of the bar.  "Don't beat yourself up over it too hard, Zero," he said, managing to stand up...which he immediately wished he hadn't, since the bar lights were rather actively swimming around in front of his vision.  "Ugh.  Wow.  I am...wow.  Drunk.  Anyway.  I mean, I'm twenty-two years old, so I'm not gonna pretend like I've had all these volumes of life experience, and you can count my serious relationships on one hand.  But...I screw up, sometimes.  I misjudge people.  It happens...so don't be upset when it does."

Wow, he thought, I am...way too drunk.  Gavin reached down, smoothing the front of his uniform tunic.  "Here," he said, grabbing up the vodka bottle from the table, and slipping it down the front of his grey tunic with a conspiratorial giggle.  "I'll keep this for you.  God, can you imagine if we get caught by that stodgy admiral?  Where do you wanna go!"

"Indeed," Zero replied, blinking as she tried to focus her sights on the exit. "I have completed scores of *hicc* research on the subject, and yet the nuances of *hicc* relationships *hicc* continues to elude my grasp."

She smiled at the sight of Gavin taking the bottle of vodka, knowing that they would probably end up finishing it off in the near future. "We are not *hicc* currently on duty. We are *hicc* within our rights to do as we *hicc* please." She paused for a moment, different pieces of their conversation making their way through her brain at different speeds. "Did you misjudge me?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 3:31 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

"Indeed," Zero replied, blinking as she tried to focus her sights on the exit.  "I have completed scores of *hicc* research on the subject, and yet the nuances of *hicc* relationships *hicc* continues to elude my grasp."

She smiled at the sight of Gavin taking the bottle of vodka, knowing that they would probably end up finishing it off in the near future.  "We are not *hicc* currently on duty.  We are *hicc* within our rights to do as we *hicc* please."  She paused for a moment, different pieces of their conversation making their way through her brain at different speeds.  "Did you misjudge me?"

Zero didn't particularly say where she wanted to go, so Gavin just started walking. He stopped a bit short, though, when she asked her question. "Huh? Misjudge? Of course not." He said, shrugging a little. "Quite the opposite, actually!" Gavin realized that he spoke a bit too loudly, and modulated his tone. It was hard to keep track of. Kinda hard to keep track of anything at all, right now. "I...I think I judged you properly the first time we met. When I was bothering you about something or other."

He continued on walking, trying to keep his feet in a straight line. "We don't need to talk about the initial reason I was making contact with you. But...when I met you, and I mean met you met you, I realized...that you're not an experiment. You're a person, Zero, and you have worth way far beyond what Starfleet Medical has allowed for you. So...um. I think I judged you correctly."

Gavin glanced around, realizing that the pair had moved up to the balcony area overlooking the station's promenade. "Hey! If you wanna study people...here's a place to do it," he said, nodding toward all the officers and civilians walking below.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 3:45 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Zero didn't particularly say where she wanted to go, so Gavin just started walking.  He stopped a bit short, though, when she asked her question.  "Huh?  Misjudge? Of course not."  He said, shrugging a little.  "Quite the opposite, actually!"  Gavin realized that he spoke a bit too loudly, and modulated his tone.  It was hard to keep track of.  Kinda hard to keep track of anything at all, right now.  "I...I think I judged you properly the first time we met.  When I was bothering you about something or other."

He continued on walking, trying to keep his feet in a straight line.  "We don't need to talk about the initial reason I was making contact with you.  But...when I met you, and I mean met you met you, I realized...that you're not an experiment.  You're a person, Zero, and you have worth way far beyond what Starfleet Medical has allowed for you.  So...um.  I think I judged you correctly."

Gavin glanced around, realizing that the pair had moved up to the balcony area overlooking the station's promenade.  "Hey!  If you wanna study people...here's a place to do it," he said, nodding toward all the officers and civilians walking below.

Given how much alcohol Zero had partaken of, it was hardly surprising that she didn't move with her usual grace, almost tripping over her own feet as they walked. She giggled quietly.

"Before I became acquainted with Jiseth, I used to frequent such establishments as that and endeavour to drink myself through the deck plates," she told Gavin, finding that her mouth didn't seem to want to stop talking. As they stopped walking, she made a rare gesture. She hugged the young Ensign. "I am glad that you believe so."

Drawing away from Gavin, the Augment looked down at the people milling around on the Promenade below them. A smile crossed her face. People watching. That was an acceptable passtime, was it not?

"Look, I can see Lieutenant Hughes!" she said, pointing out the unmistakable figure of the Klingon shouldering his way through the masses.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Given how much alcohol Zero had partaken of, it was hardly surprising that she didn't move with her usual grace, almost tripping over her own feet as they walked.  She giggled quietly.

"Before I became acquainted with Jiseth, I used to frequent such establishments as that and endeavour to drink myself through the deck plates," she told Gavin, finding that her mouth didn't seem to want to stop talking.  As they stopped walking, she made a rare gesture.  She hugged the young Ensign.  "I am glad that you believe so."

Drawing away from Gavin, the Augment looked down at the people milling around on the Promenade below them.  A smile crossed her face.  People watching.  That was an acceptable passtime, was it not?

"Look, I can see Lieutenant Hughes!" she said, pointing out the unmistakable figure of the Klingon shouldering his way through the masses.

"I imagine you could drink just about anyone under," Gavin said, smiling at the Augment. He suddenly found himself with thin white arms wrapped around him. "I certainly do believe so," Gavin grinned, stumbling a little as she pulled away from him.

Gavin chuckled at Zero's excitement at finding the Klingon. "You can see just about everyone and everything from up here," he said, leaning on the railing. The height was a little dizzying...along with the liquor. Gavin sad down on the edge of the platform, his legs dangling over the side, arms looped around the lower railing. Reaching into his uniform, he pulled out the vodka and set the bottle down, indicating that Zero should sit next to him.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"I imagine you could drink just about anyone under," Gavin said, smiling at the Augment.  He suddenly found himself with thin white arms wrapped around him.  "I certainly do believe so," Gavin grinned, stumbling a little as she pulled away from him.  

Gavin chuckled at Zero's excitement at finding the Klingon.  "You can see just about everyone and everything from up here," he said, leaning on the railing.  The height was a little dizzying...along with the liquor.  Gavin sad down on the edge of the platform, his legs dangling over the side, arms looped around the lower railing.  Reaching into his uniform, he pulled out the vodka and set the bottle down, indicating that Zero should sit next to him.

Zero watched her new friend in slight confusion as he sat down on the deck so that his legs dangled off the edge of the walk way and over the main Promenade. She slipped down to sit next to him, her expression wary at first, then softening into one of quiet delight as she swung her legs back an forth in the air.

"Lieutenant Hughes always appears preoccupied when he believes that no one is observing his actions," she remarked quietly before her attention was caught by another person cutting a large swath through the crowd: their VISORed admiral. "Look, Admiral Deacon!"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 5:19 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero watched her new friend in slight confusion as he sat down on the deck so that his legs dangled off the edge of the walk way and over the main Promenade.  She slipped down to sit next to him, her expression wary at first, then softening into one of quiet delight as she swung her legs back an forth in the air.

"Lieutenant Hughes always appears preoccupied when he believes that no one is observing his actions," she remarked quietly before her attention was caught by another person cutting a large swath through the crowd:  their VISORed admiral.  "Look, Admiral Deacon!"

Smiling, Gavin moved the bottle back so that it didn't accidentally get knocked off as Zero sat down beside him. As strange as they might have looked, he trusted his drunken self more being lower to the floor, hanging on to the railing, more than he would standing by the railing. He was kind of a lanky kid, and didn't trust himself not to tumble right over the edge.

"Oh yeah," he chuckled, watching the Klingon. Hughes turned his head in their direction, and Gavin froze. Certainly, he couldn't hear them from all the way up here...could he!? No...no. The Klingon continued looking for...whatever the hell it was he was looking for. "Have you heard the rumor about him and the Cardassian? In the Arboretum?" Well, Gavin couldn't really hold that against them, if it was true...he could very clearly remember babbling like an idiot, telling Thelos that he thought the Andorian was attractive. An embarrassing day for a lot of people.

Gavin jumped a little when Zero mentioned Admiral Deacon. "Oh...shiiiiiiii...it is her!" Reaching back, Gavin picked up the bottle, and stuffed it back in his tunic. Obviously, even if she was completely sighted, she couldn't see the bottle all the way up here. Still, though...he wasn't exactly at his most rational at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 5:35 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Smiling, Gavin moved the bottle back so that it didn't accidentally get knocked off as Zero sat down beside him.  As strange as they might have looked, he trusted his drunken self more being lower to the floor, hanging on to the railing, more than he would standing by the railing.  He was kind of a lanky kid, and didn't trust himself not to tumble right over the edge.

"Oh yeah," he chuckled, watching the Klingon.  Hughes turned his head in their direction, and Gavin froze.  Certainly, he couldn't hear them from all the way up here...could he!?  No...no.  The Klingon continued looking for...whatever the hell it was he was looking for.  "Have you heard the rumor about him and the Cardassian?  In the Arboretum?"  Well, Gavin couldn't really hold that against them, if it was true...he could very clearly remember babbling like an idiot, telling Thelos that he thought the Andorian was attractive.  An embarrassing day for a lot of people.

Gavin jumped a little when Zero mentioned Admiral Deacon.  "Oh...shiiiiiiii...it is her!"  Reaching back, Gavin picked up the bottle, and stuffed it back in his tunic.  Obviously, even if she was completely sighted, she couldn't see the bottle all the way up here.  Still, though...he wasn't exactly at his most rational at the moment.

Zero tilted her head to one side as the Klingon looked up, almost towards them. She wasn't bothered about being seen. She wasn't afraid of him, unlike many people she had met. She turned her head to look at Gavin as he mentioned the rumour about the Klingon and the Cardassian.

"Yes, I am aware of the rumour. I believe it to be true. I observed Ensign Telak's behaviour in the following days and it was certainly consistent with what my research indicates as typical actions after an ill-advised mating." Her head tilted to the side again. "Were you aware that he was Telak's first mating?"

She was more confused by Gavin's reaction to Admiral Deacon going past under their feet. "Why are you afraid? She does not often see more than that which she concentrates on."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero tilted her head to one side as the Klingon looked up, almost towards them.  She wasn't bothered about being seen.  She wasn't afraid of him, unlike many people she had met.  She turned her head to look at Gavin as he mentioned the rumour about the Klingon and the Cardassian.  

"Yes, I am aware of the rumour.  I believe it to be true.  I observed Ensign Telak's behaviour in the following days and it was certainly consistent with what my research indicates as typical actions after an ill-advised mating."  Her head tilted to the side again.  "Were you aware that he was Telak's first mating?"

She was more confused by Gavin's reaction to Admiral Deacon going past under their feet.  "Why are you afraid?  She does not often see more than that which she concentrates on."

"I...um. Well, I guess," Gavin muttered, carefully slipping the alcohol out of his tunic and handing it back over to the Augment. "I suppose I just got...uh. Spooked." He continued to kick his heels in the open space over the edge of the balcony level. "Wait, did you say her first...uh, time?" Gavin ran his fingers through his hair, shaking his head. His thoughts were a jumble, and seemed to have to fight each other to make it out of his mouth. "That'd certainly be...um. An ill-advised mating, yes," he said, using her own term for lack of anything better to say. "I think I could use a drink on that note."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"I...um.  Well, I guess," Gavin muttered, carefully slipping the alcohol out of his tunic and handing it back over to the Augment.  "I suppose I just got...uh.  Spooked."  He continued to kick his heels in the open space over the edge of the balcony level.  "Wait, did you say her first...uh, time?"  Gavin ran his fingers through his hair, shaking his head.  His thoughts were a jumble, and seemed to have to fight each other to make it out of his mouth.  "That'd certainly be...um.  An ill-advised mating, yes," he said, using her own term for lack of anything better to say.  "I think I could use a drink on that note."

Zero found herself giggling again at Gavin. It was strange sensation. Unfortunately, she could feel the effects of the alcohol starting to wear off. She took a couple of long pulls on the bottle before handing it over to Gavin.

"Yes, very ill-advised. I have seen the medical files." She folded her arms on top of the lower railing, resting her chin on them as she scanned the people creating ebbs and flows on the Promenade below them. She pointed out another figure in the mass. "There is Captain T'Koris!"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 6:18 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero found herself giggling again at Gavin.  It was strange sensation.  Unfortunately, she could feel the effects of the alcohol starting to wear off.  She took a couple of long pulls on the bottle before handing it over to Gavin.  

"Yes, very ill-advised.  I have seen the medical files."  She folded her arms on top of the lower railing, resting her chin on them as she scanned the people creating ebbs and flows on the Promenade below them.  She pointed out another figure in the mass.  "There is Captain T'Koris!"

"Oh, yep, look at that," Gavin exclaimed, giggling right alongside Zero. It felt good to see the Augment smiling and happy, and also to know that he helped her get to that point. "I haven't really had a chance to meet her, except for a passing-by here and there. God, she looks serious! I wonder who pooped in the punch bowl?" The comment, and the mental image that accompanied it, sent him into a paroxysm of laughter.

Still shaking with giggles, he wiped a tear from his eye. "Heh. I...I'm sorry. Anyway. Yeah...I heard Captain T'Koris straight-up stabbed someone during the Spore Incident. You and her used to serve together on another ship, didn't you?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Oh, yep, look at that," Gavin exclaimed, giggling right alongside Zero.  It felt good to see the Augment smiling and happy, and also to know that he helped her get to that point.  "I haven't really had a chance to meet her, except for a passing-by here and there.  God, she looks serious!  I wonder who pooped in the punch bowl?"  The comment, and the mental image that accompanied it, sent him into a paroxysm of laughter.  

Still shaking with giggles, he wiped a tear from his eye.  "Heh.  I...I'm sorry.  Anyway.  Yeah...I heard Captain T'Koris straight-up stabbed someone during the Spore Incident.  You and her used to serve together on another ship, didn't you?"

Zero watched as the Romulan captain made her way through the crowd, an expression of faint concern evident on her face. "Yes, she was the one who stabbed the station's chief of security. I believe that there was a stand off between them." She shrugged one shoulder. "I was involved in the prenatal care and birthing of her youngest daughter." She remembered the day she had begun the process of genetically modifying the Romulan's little girl, changing the father's identity. It had gone well, and a healthy baby girl had been born to the couple. "Her eldest daughter was paralysed during an incident on the Discovery."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)   Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Medicinal Use Only (Gavin/Zero)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next