Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15) I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15) I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
T'Lara
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15) Empty
PostSubject: T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15)   T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 2:03 pm

T'Lara

T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15) Suize2

Basics

Name: T'Lara
Species: Vulcan/Human
Date of Birth: 21 October, 2358; Stardate 35803.9

Appearance

Height: 5' 7''
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Characteristic elements: Pointed ears and eyebrows, skin has slightly greenish tinge

Backstory

T'Lara was born on October 21st, 2358 in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Her parents are Christopher Fletcher, a retired Starfleet captain, and T'Rena, a Vulcan who served as a Vulcan ambassador of Starfleet aboard her husband's starship. T'Lara was named after a Vulcan Starfleet flag officer who was T'Rena's friend when she was at the Academy. Shortly after T'Lara's birth, Christopher and T'Rena traveled to Vulcan where they resided in Shi'Kahr because T'Rena disliked the frigid winter temperatures. A year later, T'Lara's sa-kai Simik was born. The two of them grew up immersed in Vulcan culture. Their father felt alienated by his wife's people and he often wished he could be captain of a starship again. T'Lara struggled with the formalities of Vulcan culture and often thought of what her life could be like if she returned to the planet where she was born. Most of her spare time was spent reading textbooks or playing the Vulcan lyre, which she was introduced to by her m'aih. She envied her sa-kai for his effortless ability to control his emotions.  When the two of them came of age, they went their separate ways. Simik continued his Vulcan training and later attended the Vulcan Science Academy. T'Rena saw that her ko-fu (daughter) was much like her father; she was unable to restrain her constant flood of emotions. She allowed her to return to Earth with her father to enlist in Starfleet. T'Lara was interested in the same subjects as her sa-kai, science in particular. She chose to apply for the science officer position. Despite her interest in the science field, T'Lara had her father's personality and often debated with herself whether she'd made the right decision in following the logical path of utilizing the skills she had instead of the ones she had the potential of unveiling.    

Career

Enlisted or Officer?: Enlisted, but hope to be an officer in the near future
Department preference 1: Science
Department Preference 2: Medical

Sample Post

You have arrived at your newest assignment...

T'Lara stepped out of the turbolift and was greeted by a sight she had waited four years to see. Somehow being on a starship was so much more freeing than the open valleys of Vulcan. She straightened her uniform and adjusted the strap on her bag before she continued down the long hallway of the deck, the turbolift door swishing shut behind her.

Once she found the right door, she entered her quarters and began to unpack immediately. She wanted to begin integrating with the other crewmembers as soon as possible. Being Vulcan, she did find it a bit difficult to accept the Human's open personalities. The only Human she'd ever really understood was her father. On Vulcan she was so used to shutting out her emotions. She only hoped that her crew would eventually understand. Sitting at her desk T'Lara took out her PADD and began composing a letter to her father who was currently working in Starfleet Command. Later she would write another letter to her brother and mother in Vulcan. When she finished the letter she sent it over subspace and began to meditate, centering all her thoughts and then pushing them away so there was nothing left.

After a few minutes of this she felt confident enough to leave, and hoped, even though she wasn't allowed to hope, that everything would go well. Logically, she would be fine. Now if only she could control her nervous heart...

Behind the Mask

Have you done textbased RP before?: Yes

How did you find Aurora?:  A bunch of people in Shadow Fleet do it, so I thought I'd check it out.

Additional notes about yourself or your character?:  I was wondering if there were any other Vulcans in Aurora Fleet? I glanced at the members list and didn't catch any Vulcan-sounding names...
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15) Empty
PostSubject: Re: T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15)   T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 3:15 pm

Welcome to Aurora Fleet!

I'm delighted to be able to offer you the position of an enlisted officer in the science department aboard the USS Phoenix with the starting rank of Petty Officer 3rd Class.

The current mission should be drawing to a close soon, hopefully, but in the meantime, feel free to get to know your crewmates on the shore leave board!

So far, we've only got one half-Vulcan registered, but there are a few Vulcan characters being floated by a few of the existing members.

Hoping to see you around,
Rachel Deacon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org

T'Lara - Reporting In (6/25/15)
Page 1 of 1