Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 2: Tell No Tales

Go down 
+8
Alexander Wu
Safefta Pardek
Archangel T'Koris
Andrew Sheridan
Ilana Telak
Thelos th'Zhela
Derek Black
Henriks Ābols
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 1:24 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Gym]

[Bridge]

After a quick shower and a run over with the dermal regenerator, Archangel headed for her domain:  the command center of the ship.

Stepping out of the turbolift, she took a moment to survey the activity before heading to the command chair, offering her husband a brief smile.  "You are relieved, Commander."  She then looked up at the Ensign at the operations station, nodding to him.  "Ensign Sheridan, keep eyes on the sensors as we approach.  I don't want to be caught out like last time."  Turning her attention then to the man sitting at the helm, she stepped forward to place a hand lightly on the back of his chair.  "Let me know when we get close, Chief."

[Bridge]

"Aye ma'am." Derek reported promptly, turning in his seat at her approach. "Navigational charts of the region we're entering are a little vague, I don't think even Starfleet Cartography were that interested in this patch of open space. I would suggest we keep an eye out for any spacial anomalies or disturbances."

Catching a glimpse of her hand as she laid it on the back of his chair, Derek instinctively assessed the damage. Old scars ravaged the Captain's knuckles, along with newly formed abrasions and scabs. The discolouration and puffiness from recent trauma only hinted at the bruising which would undoubtedly follow. Frowning slightly, he glanced up, meeting her eyes and asked quietly, "Do you want me to take a look at those?"
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 2:12 am

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Sickbay]

The young mans mind raced for a moment, then his gaze was cast first to Chira, then to Henriks. "For the love of god, just kill me." He thought to himself. Then a momentary solution came to him.

Closing his eyes he attempted to speak again. "Danger...punch me...you need to punch me as hard as you can...I need to believe you want to hurt me." Then a thought crossed his mind. "Good, some ability is returning to me. I can speak...not fluently, but I can speak now."

Thelos's single antenna was doing confused acrobatics on top of his head. His concern was quickly shifting from Thompson's physical health to his mental health- especially when he asked the doctor to strike him.

"You don't want me to hit you, Ensign," he said as a stalling method. Thelos wouldn't hit anyone like that as a matter of principle, but even if he would there was no way that Thompson would really want to be struck by an Andorian with a partial exoskeleton and high strength.

"If you insist, however..." he conceded, but rather than deliver a punch to the Ensign, he jabbed him in the neck with a hypospray that was filled with a powerful tranquilizer, with an arm held out to catch him before he could fall to the ground. Probably not the most orthodox manner of handling the situation, but his reasoning was that he was preventing any further harm to his patient until he could determine how to treat him.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 2:44 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos's single antenna was doing confused acrobatics on top of his head. His concern was quickly shifting from Thompson's physical health to his mental health- especially when he asked the doctor to strike him.

"You don't want me to hit you, Ensign," he said as a stalling method. Thelos wouldn't hit anyone like that as a matter of principle, but even if he would there was no way that Thompson would really want to be struck by an Andorian with a partial exoskeleton and high strength.

"If you insist, however..." he conceded, but rather than deliver a punch to the Ensign, he jabbed him in the neck with a hypospray that was filled with a powerful tranquilizer, with an arm held out to catch him before he could fall to the ground. Probably not the most orthodox manner of handling the situation, but his reasoning was that he was preventing any further harm to his patient until he could determine how to treat him.

[Sickbay]

Before he collapsed he mustered out one phrase. "This is why I don't like doctors. Even when you ask them to just hit you; they always do something devious. You just can't trust them." In that moment he fell to floor totally missing the mans arm. He did want hit, years of being a warrior made his mental capablity spike in the midst of battle.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 2:52 am

Derek Black wrote:

[Bridge]

"Aye ma'am." Derek reported promptly, turning in his seat at her approach. "Navigational charts of the region we're entering are a little vague, I don't think even Starfleet Cartography were that interested in this patch of open space. I would suggest we keep an eye out for any spacial anomalies or disturbances."

Catching a glimpse of her hand as she laid it on the back of his chair, Derek instinctively assessed the damage. Old scars ravaged the Captain's knuckles, along with newly formed abrasions and scabs. The discolouration and puffiness from recent trauma only hinted at the bruising which would undoubtedly follow. Frowning slightly, he glanced up, meeting her eyes and asked quietly, "Do you want me to take a look at those?"

[Bridge]

Archangel's expression closed off slightly as she listened to Black's report about the area of space they were entering. She didn't like the sound of going in with unreliable star charts. It was too similar to their last rescue mission.

"Acknowledged, Chief. Keep your eyes open."

Her expression softened slightly as he asked about her hand, resisting the urge to hide that same hand behind her back. "Thank you for the offer, but I'll be fine. I was just a little overenthusiastic with a punching bag and I would rather have your attention on the helm. We don't want any surprises."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 3:18 am

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Sickbay]

Before he collapsed he mustered out one phrase. "This is why I don't like doctors. Even when you ask them to just hit you; they always do something devious. You just can't trust them." In that moment he fell to floor totally missing the mans arm. He did want hit, years of being a warrior made his mental capablity spike in the midst of battle.

[Sickbay]

Thelos's heart jumped when, despite his best efforts, Thompson clunked to the ground. Damn these short arms, he thought irritably to himself. Hopefully, he didn't disturb anyone else in the room with the loud noise. He didn't find himself too affected my the ensign's words. He never had any intention of hitting him.

Awkwardly, but with practiced strength, Thelos tugged Thompson back up onto the biobed, laying him down in as comfortable-looking a position as he could. Well, that takes care of that...

He'd seen him glance over at Henriks before he'd turn the conversation to violence... Thelos decided he'd consult him about Matthew after he was finished with his conversation with Chira. For now, he picked his tricorder back up and began some basic scans to take note of his current vitals, as well as anything else that might lend a clue as to the events that had just taken place.

Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 11:35 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

[Sickbay]

Thelos's heart jumped when, despite his best efforts, Thompson clunked to the ground. Damn these short arms, he thought irritably to himself. Hopefully, he didn't disturb anyone else in the room with the loud noise. He didn't find himself too affected by the ensign's words. He never had any intention of hitting him.

Awkwardly, but with practiced strength, Thelos tugged Thompson back up onto the biobed, laying him down in as comfortable-looking a position as he could. Well, that takes care of that...

He'd seen him glance over at Henriks before he'd turn the conversation to violence... Thelos decided he'd consult him about Matthew after he was finished with his conversation with Chira. For now, he picked his tricorder back up and began some basic scans to take note of his current vitals, as well as anything else that might lend a clue as to the events that had just taken place.

[Sickbay]

If they weren't in sickbay, Henriks would have wrapped his arms around Chira and just held her for a long time. His head briefly rested atop hers, just long enough to kiss the top of it. He looked back around sickbay, certain he had seen Matt come in at some point, but now he was nowhere to be found... and then Henriks caught a glimpse of that all too familiar yellow being pulled up onto a biobed.

Henriks gave his lovely lady an apologetic look before whispering, "It looks like Thelos might need some help." By the time he reached the biobed, Theolos had managed to get Matt all the way atop. Theolos was stronger than he looked. "He exhaust himself?" Henriks asked. He knew of Matt's distrust of other doctors, how agitated he could get. "How are his vitals?"
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 1:01 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

Archangel's expression closed off slightly as she listened to Black's report about the area of space they were entering. She didn't like the sound of going in with unreliable star charts. It was too similar to their last rescue mission.

"Acknowledged, Chief. Keep your eyes open."

Her expression softened slightly as he asked about her hand, resisting the urge to hide that same hand behind her back. "Thank you for the offer, but I'll be fine. I was just a little overenthusiastic with a punching bag and I would rather have your attention on the helm. We don't want any surprises."

[Bridge]

"They do seem to find us, don't they?" Derek replied drily, turning back to face the viewscreen. In all reality, a starship helmsman's job was fairly redundant, with the computer equally capable in recognizing and entering flight commands. However, tradition and prudence had dictated that a biological mind remain behind the wheel, someone who could adapt and process to sudden and flexible changes in situation. Derek reckoned the day was coming when computers could fully take over the helm position, especially with the recently discovered advancements of Voyager's EMH. Derek sincerely hoped that when pilots were no longer needed, he'd be long dead. Or at least retired.

Noticing a rapidly flashing indicator light on his display, he made a slight course adjustment. "Approaching maximum visual range, ma'am."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Bridge

Andrew turned back to his station before answering his superior. "Not as yet. I suspect the problem has been dealt with. As for the distress beacon; it is still on, but there is still nothing on the other end. We should be in sensor contact already, but I haven't spotted anything," he reported quietly so as not to disrupt the rest of the operations of his fellow shipmates.

The helmsman next to him had mentioned that the area had not been well investigated by Starfleet as yet, and as such he adjusted his sensors accordingly. The last thing they needed was to run into a quantum filament or other such disaster hazard. It worried him that there was nothing on the sensors, but the signal of distress was continuing. The ship had already been lured into one trap...the one he had rescued them from before becoming an official member of the crew. The last thing the ship or crew needed was to have another trap.

Then, Andrew's suspicious mind took over. The PHOENIX had been taken with ease by an unknown hostile force. After interrogations, Andrew had discovered that the leader behind it all had not been among the prisoners. Now, here the same starship was on its way to another distress call, but the ship's sensors had discovered nothing...nothing at all.

Why?

Two assignments...both having distress calls, and this one feeling every bit like an ambush as the other one had been.

Starfleet's mandate was to aid any ship or planet in distress so long as it did not violate the Prime Directive. Someone could be using that against them. Or worse....

...someone was deliberately sending them on assignments where the ship and crew would be dealt with....

Both thoughts were quite disturbing.

The Captain had come on the Bridge to take command, and was checking things over with the helmsman.

Were they being setup...again? If so...by who? Who else knew the PHOENIX's route and missions? Where were the orders coming from? Or...was he just being overly cautious and paranoid? If he said nothing to the Captain, and it turned out to be true...then he would be negligent. If, however, he was wrong, no harm would be done, and he would simply be looked at as having a bit of paranoia. Andrew swiftly decided on the latter...better to say something and look like he was paranoid if wrong; rather than be right and say nothing.

"Captain, I don't like the feel of this. Sensors should have already picked up something by now at this range, and there hasn't been a single contact...not even from the signal's origin," Andrew stated.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Derek Black wrote:

[Bridge]

"They do seem to find us, don't they?" Derek replied drily, turning back to face the viewscreen. In all reality, a starship helmsman's job was fairly redundant, with the computer equally capable in recognizing and entering flight commands. However, tradition and prudence had dictated that a biological mind remain behind the wheel, someone who could adapt and process to sudden and flexible changes in situation. Derek reckoned the day was coming when computers could fully take over the helm position, especially with the recently discovered advancements of Voyager's EMH. Derek sincerely hoped that when pilots were no longer needed, he'd be long dead. Or at least retired.

Noticing a rapidly flashing indicator light on his display, he made a slight course adjustment. "Approaching maximum visual range, ma'am."

[Bridge]

Archangel felt the muscles in her jaw tighten at the mention of surprises finding them, but she forced herself to relax. Now was not the time to let the past creep up on her and cloud her judgement. She had to keep a clear head and make decisions based on that.

"Put it on the screen, Chief," she replied as the helmsman updated her on their distance from the distress signal.

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
"Captain, I don't like the feel of this. Sensors should have already picked up something by now at this range, and there hasn't been a single contact...not even from the signal's origin," Andrew stated.

Hearing someone address her, Archangel turned to look at their new operations officer. She considered his words, weighing them against the situation at hand. She wanted to agree with him, to take the ship and turn tail, but she was also aware of the fact that she had her orders to come out here and investigate, especially since the signal hadn't been of Federation origin. Command wanted it checked out.

And they said that the Romulans were paranoid.

"I agree, Mr Sheridan, but we have to go and take a look anyway. We might just be up against a crashed ship, or one whose crew is incapacitated. An automated distress call wouldn't respond to any hails."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 8:03 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

If they weren't in sickbay, Henriks would have wrapped his arms around Chira and just held her for a long time. His head briefly rested atop hers, just long enough to kiss the top of it. He looked back around sickbay, certain he had seen Matt come in at some point, but now he was nowhere to be found... and then Henriks caught a glimpse of that all too familiar yellow being pulled up onto a biobed.

Henriks gave his lovely lady an apologetic look before whispering, "It looks like Thelos might need some help." By the time he reached the biobed, Thelos had managed to get Matt all the way atop. Thelos was stronger than he looked. "He exhaust himself?" Henriks asked. He knew of Matt's distrust of other doctors, how agitated he could get. "How are his vitals?"

As it turned out, Thelos didn't even have to wait long for Henriks to come over. He could tell by the CMO's demeanor that this was no surprise to him at all- which was interesting, considering it was damned well a surprise to Thelos. He glanced at Matthew on the biobed, then sighed and looked up at Henriks.

"Exhausted himself? No, not quite.. I put him under for the time being. I was concerned that he was going to hurt himself... or me," he explained. He turned his tricorder up so that Henriks could see the readout. "A little elevated, some increased levels of adrenaline- which doesn't surprise me, he was certainly working himself up quite a bit. Now, does all of this have to do with those treatments he's missed, or is there some underlying issue here?"

Read- psychological issue.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 11:24 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

As it turned out, Thelos didn't even have to wait long for Henriks to come over. He could tell by the CMO's demeanor that this was no surprise to him at all- which was interesting, considering it was damned well a surprise to Thelos. He glanced at Matthew on the biobed, then sighed and looked up at Henriks.

"Exhausted himself? No, not quite.. I put him under for the time being. I was concerned that he was going to hurt himself... or me," he explained. He turned his tricorder up so that Henriks could see the readout. "A little elevated, some increased levels of adrenaline- which doesn't surprise me, he was certainly working himself up quite a bit. Now, does all of this have to do with those treatments he's missed, or is there some underlying issue here?"

Read- psychological issue.

[Sickbay]

"Ah," Henriks said with a slight nod of the head. "Knowing Matt, I'm not surprised. To say he has an intense disliking for medics would be an understatement. He pulled a phaser on me and Chira the first time we met." Though somehow they became friends after that. While Henriks was glad for that, it was a bit of a strain as well because he couldn't get Matt to trust anyone else to help him. "He shows symptoms correlating to both parkinson's and alzheimers, and probably an anxiety disorder of sorts as well. Though that'd be a question to ask Chira. I can pull up his medical record." Sadly he hadn't had much time to work with it lately, given all that had been going on.
Back to top Go down
Derek Black
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 11:20 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

Archangel felt the muscles in her jaw tighten at the mention of surprises finding them, but she forced herself to relax.  Now was not the time to let the past creep up on her and cloud her judgement.  She had to keep a clear head and make decisions based on that.

"Put it on the screen, Chief," she replied as the helmsman updated her on their distance from the distress signal.

Hearing someone address her, Archangel turned to look at their new operations officer.  She considered his words, weighing them against the situation at hand.  She wanted to agree with him, to take the ship and turn tail, but she was also aware of the fact that she had her orders to come out here and investigate, especially since the signal hadn't been of Federation origin.  Command wanted it checked out.

And they said that the Romulans were paranoid.

"I agree, Mr Sheridan, but we have to go and take a look anyway.  We might just be up against a crashed ship, or one whose crew is incapacitated.  An automated distress call wouldn't respond to any hails."

[Bridge]

As per the Captain's orders, Derek targeted the sector in space with their bow imager, magnifying the region onto their viewscreen. Even with the maximum setting, all that appeared was staticky black space, sparsely dotted with distant stars. "We could still be too far out." He mentioned uneasily, straining to see if there was a small speck of light which reflected differently from the others. "30 minutes out, ma'am. Shall I notify main shuttlebay to prepare for a possible rescue sortie?"
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 11:41 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

"Ah," Henriks said with a slight nod of the head. "Knowing Matt, I'm not surprised. To say he has an intense disliking for medics would be an understatement. He pulled a phaser on me and Chira the first time we met." Though somehow they became friends after that. While Henriks was glad for that, it was a bit of a strain as well because he couldn't get Matt to trust anyone else to help him. "He shows symptoms correlating to both parkinson's and alzheimers, and probably an anxiety disorder of sorts as well. Though that'd be a question to ask Chira. I can pull up his medical record." Sadly he hadn't had much time to work with it lately, given all that had been going on.

[Sickbay]

When his adrenaline spiked anesthetics tended to ware off pretty quickly. Unfortunately for him it was because his system didn't handle adrenaline and anesthetics well when mixed, the first sign was his vital starting to spike. The second started about 5 minutes after and consisted violently seizures. As his watch began to beep his vitals began to rise. He was waking up.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 5:36 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

"All that, and he's not on some kind of medical leave?" Thelos inquired, dumbfounded. Security officers were expected to be very good physical condition. "Pulling up his record would be best... Has this been going on for a while?" If so, that again prompted the question as to why he was still actively serving.

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Sickbay]

When his adrenaline spiked anesthetics tended to ware off pretty quickly. Unfortunately for him it was because his system didn't handle adrenaline and anesthetics well when mixed, the first sign was his vital starting to spike. The second started about 5 minutes after and consisted violently seizures. As his watch began to beep his vitals began to rise. He was waking up.

Thelos didn't get a chance to question further before the readings on the tricorder spiked and within five minutes his patient began to violently convulse in what was clearly a sudden seizure.

"Doctor, it appears we have more important problems to be concerned with," he said hastily, as he fumbled for another hypospray. He couldn't give him too much of the same medication again without risking damage, but he was seriously wondering how Matthew had come out of unconsciousness so quickly. Even with his overactive body systems, it shouldn't have dissipated the tranquilizer so easily.

Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 7:46 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Henriks gave his lovely lady an apologetic look before whispering, "It looks like Thelos might need some help." By the time he reached the biobed, Theolos had managed to get Matt all the way atop. Theolos was stronger than he looked. "He exhaust himself?" Henriks asked. He knew of Matt's distrust of other doctors, how agitated he could get. "How are his vitals?"

[Sickbay]

Sighing to herself, Chira gave a soft little grunt of frustration as she tucked the padd away under her arm. It was the nature of her line of work - long stretches of nothing to do accentuated by full-bore panic. Still, did everything have to happen right as she was getting ready to deliver some of the most important news in her and Henriks' life? Such was the universe.

Should have known, she thought, as she approached the scene of mild insanity currently going on in sickbay. Thompson's continued antisocial behavior, especially toward medical personnel and his superior officers, was starting to become a problem. A big one. She felt trapped, in a way...she wanted to consider the man a friend, but she also knew that his multiple conditions and erratic behavior left him ill-suited for shipboard duty, let alone in the security field. Chira knew she needed to be as open, receptive, and sensitive as possible, but...what if he had a breakdown at a critical moment? What if someone got hurt because one of his complexes came to the surface at the wrong time, or his own body betrayed him? What if someone died? The blood would be as much on her hands as his.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 8:12 am

Derek Black wrote:

[Bridge]

As per the Captain's orders, Derek targeted the sector in space with their bow imager, magnifying the region onto their viewscreen. Even with the maximum setting, all that appeared was staticky black space, sparsely dotted with distant stars. "We could still be too far out." He mentioned uneasily, straining to see if there was a small speck of light which reflected differently from the others. "30 minutes out, ma'am. Shall I notify main shuttlebay to prepare for a possible rescue sortie?"

[Bridge]

Turning back to the helm station, Archangel scanned the viewscreen for a moment before making her way to a free console, bringing up a starchart of the system, her brow furrowed in slight concentration as she took in the information.

"We have a couple of class L planets in this system according to the charts. If we can't find a ship, maybe whoever sent the distress call managed to land."
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

"All that, and he's not on some kind of medical leave?" Thelos inquired, dumbfounded. Security officers were expected to be very good physical condition. "Pulling up his record would be best... Has this been going on for a while?" If so, that again prompted the question as to why he was still actively serving.

Thelos didn't get a chance to question further before the readings on the tricorder spiked and within five minutes his patient began to violently convulse in what was clearly a sudden seizure.

"Doctor, it appears we have more important problems to be concerned with," he said hastily, as he fumbled for another hypospray. He couldn't give him too much of the same  medication again without risking damage, but he was seriously wondering how Matthew had come out of unconsciousness so quickly. Even with his overactive body systems, it shouldn't have dissipated the tranquilizer so easily.

[Sickbay]

As the seizures continued his eyes flared red like a demon. Matthew let out a horrible scream. Slowly he began to reclaim control of his body as he forced himself to grab the sides of the biobed as if to restrain himself.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 8:00 pm

Bridge

The Captain's information aided Ensign Sheridan on narrowing down his search for the elusive ship they were supposed to be investigating. The distress call was weaker now, but with the Class-L planets pointed out in the star system they were about to enter; Andrew had begun focusing his search on each of these in turn. It was the second one that he caught having the faintest trail of something.

"Captain, sensors picking up a rather weak trail leading to the second of the Class-L's. It is mainly made up of ion; which leads me to believe the engine system of this mysterious vessel in distress was using an ion-based drive system. The old original USS ENTERPRISE encountered a vessel using an ion drive, and was rather nimble and able to keep up with the flagship....if memory serves me correctly," he reported after going over the data from his Ops console. "Could be they are at least our equal in space travel technology or better," he added.

A scan of the second of the Class-L planets made Andrew frown. "This one isn't as barren as others I have heard about. There is actually a small area in the northern hemisphere that has a body of water equivalent to the India Ocean on Earth. There is an island in the near center of the body of water, but at this range...I can't get more specific than that."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 11:37 am

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
Bridge

The Captain's information aided Ensign Sheridan on narrowing down his search for the elusive ship they were supposed to be investigating.  The distress call was weaker now, but with the Class-L planets pointed out in the star system they were about to enter; Andrew had begun focusing his search on each of these in turn.  It was the second one that he caught having the faintest trail of something.

"Captain, sensors picking up a rather weak trail leading to the second of the Class-L's.  It is mainly made up of ion; which leads me to believe the engine system of this mysterious vessel in distress was using an ion-based drive system.  The old original USS ENTERPRISE encountered a vessel using an ion drive, and was rather nimble and able to keep up with the flagship....if memory serves me correctly," he reported after going over the data from his Ops console.  "Could be they are at least our equal in space travel technology or better," he added.

A scan of the second of the Class-L planets made Andrew frown.  "This one isn't as barren as others I have heard about.  There is actually a small area in the northern hemisphere that has a body of water equivalent to the India Ocean on Earth.  There is an island in the near center of the body of water, but at this range...I can't get more specific than that."

[Bridge]

Archangel looked over to the ops station as she heard Sheridan address her. She had heard of ion drives, even done a study on them at one point while attending the Academy a long time ago as a part of her specialisation in warp engines. She frowned slightly, searching her memory to try to remember who used such methods of propulsion. She couldn't think of any off hand, which was irritating, since it was the only clue so far that they had as to who they were dealing with.

The mention of an L-class planet having a less barren area gave her pause. That was highly unusual. "Send the coordinates to the helm, Mr Sheridan. We'll head there. Keep tracking the ion trail, I want to know the second you know something about it."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 11:49 am

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Sickbay]

As the seizures continued his eyes flared red like a demon. Matthew let out a horrible scream. Slowly he began to reclaim control of his body as he forced himself to grab the sides of the biobed as if to restrain himself.

[Sickbay]

Ilana hadn't expected the scene that she was confronted with as she stepped out of the medlab with a PADD in her hand, intending to file a report on a patient she had been treating, but dropped it at the sight of a man beginning to convulse on the biobed.

Knowing that her small frame wasn't up to the task of holding him down, she quickly enabled the biobed's restraining field, careful to keep the thin wire that ran from behind her ear to her neck out of his reach. The last thing she needed was someone to pull that out.

"E-easy," she said softly. "Try to r-relax."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Bridge

"At once, Captain," Andrew replied professionally...ever aware that his superior was still nearby watching his movements. Yet, such did not make him nervous. He had been used to people looking over his shoulder during his studies with his mother and father...in the timeline where the Borg ruled and slain them. Thus, Sophie's presence near him was not something he was nervous about...least wise not while he was focused on his duties.

His fingers danced smoothly over the Ops console in order to send the coordinates to his counterpart at the helm, and with a nod to the officer in red sitting there...Andrew indicated the information was sent.

Andrew wondered what race could be using an ion drive, but so far as he knew...none of the primary players of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants used such technology for space travel. Only that one race the original ENTERPRISE had encountered had actually used such, and none that he knew of had been seen to use it since then. Which led to the question...what were they about to discover? Starfleet, though not in recent years, was dedicated to exploring strange new worlds and seeking out new life. That was as it had been established in the charter so many years ago. Now, it appeared the PHOENIX's crew might just get the chance to explore as she was supposed to.

Sadly, Andrew didn't think so. There was still the smell of a trap to this, and though he could admit to himself it might be paranoia from recent events...the feeling remained all the same. Sure, they would still be able to explore the ship...if anything of it remained, and of course there was the planet to explore. That was assuming they didn't run into trouble again.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

[Sickbay]

Ilana hadn't expected the scene that she was confronted with as she stepped out of the medlab with a PADD in her hand, intending to file a report on a patient she had been treating, but dropped it at the sight of a man beginning to convulse on the biobed.  

Knowing that her small frame wasn't up to the task of holding him down, she quickly enabled the biobed's restraining field, careful to keep the thin wire that ran from behind her ear to her neck out of his reach.  The last thing she needed was someone to pull that out.

"E-easy," she said softly.  "Try to r-relax."

[Sickbay]

As the kind voice rang out his eyes because a beautiful blue and he muttered out two words "Help me." His face was now pointed directly to the woman. It was impossible to tell if he was looking at her or through her, but for a moment his were with hers.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 1:19 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Sickbay]

As the kind voice rang out his eyes because a beautiful blue and he muttered out two words "Help me." His face was now pointed directly to the woman. It was impossible to tell if he was looking at her or through her, but for a moment his were with hers.

[Sickbay]

With the restraining field in place, the patient couldn't thrash around, but Ilana could tell that he was likely still straining against it. She picked up at hypospray, clicking a cartridge into place before leaning over him again.

"I am going t-to inject you with a m-m-muscle relaxant. It w-will help. J-just try to s-stay calm," she said softly, pressing the hypo to his neck and releasing its contents.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 1:32 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

[Sickbay]

With the restraining field in place, the patient couldn't thrash around, but Ilana could tell that he was likely still straining against it.  She picked up at hypospray, clicking a cartridge into place before leaning over him again.

"I am going t-to inject you with a m-m-muscle relaxant.  It w-will help.  J-just try to s-stay calm," she said softly, pressing the hypo to his neck and releasing its contents.

[Sickbay]

As they hypo got closer and closer he felt a since of panic. He couldn't fight it, but that didn't mean the medicine didn't scare him. Yet the fear of what was happening to him seemed to overcome the fear of the medicine. "They're just trying to help. Henriks is here, surely he'd stop them from doing anything that could hurt me." Matthew looked to Ilana with look something between fear and helplessness. Then they hypo touched his neck. His the strain his muscles were under began to fade and the look in his eyes became slightly more at peace.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 1:55 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Sickbay]

As they hypo got closer and closer he felt a since of panic. He couldn't fight it, but that didn't mean the medicine didn't scare him. Yet the fear of what was happening to him seemed to overcome the fear of the medicine. "They're just trying to help. Henriks is here, surely he'd stop them from doing anything that could hurt me." Matthew looked to Ilana with look something between fear and helplessness. Then they hypo touched his neck. His the strain his muscles were under began to fade and the look in his eyes became slightly more at peace.

[Sickbay]

Ilana could see the look in the patient's eyes, but she forced herself to ignore it.  She had to, as much as she wished that she didn't have to.  The drug was mild, intended to make him more comfortable rather than as limp as a damp sock.

As she watched his muscles relax, she let a gentle smile cross her face and she patted his arm lightly.  "It's g-going to be ok," the Cardassian said softly. "My n-name is Ilana. Ilana Telak."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 2: Tell No Tales   Mission 2: Tell No Tales - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 2: Tell No Tales
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next