Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 10:09 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
Finally managing to bring her laughter back under control as Raynor flopped down next to her and wrapped his long arms around her again, bringing her in to lean against his broad chest once more.  It was a soothing place to be, where she could hear the intricate thudding of his mighty heart.  Their playing had reminded her of the short time that they had spent together as five-year-olds, playing in the snow on the holodeck together.

His arms shifted her easily from her place on the deck plates to lie on top of him in what she was guessing was becoming a favourite position for the Klingon.  A slight smile curved her lips as she found them claimed by the same Klingon.  Gently pulling away from him once the embrace had run its course, she placed a brief kiss to his head ridges.

"I b-believe you said th-that we would begin t-training this m-morning"

Raynor propped himself up on an elbow, giving the Cardassian a playful look as she kissed his ridges. While it imagined he could definitely go for another round of love-making with his par'Mach'kai, he also knew that they had a lot of work to do, today. And, besides...she had not yet eaten bite one of her breakfast.

"You are correct," he smiled, standing up and taking her with him, carrying the doctor in his arms over toward the table. "Training, however, begins with breakfast. And so we eat."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 11:31 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor propped himself up on an elbow, giving the Cardassian a playful look as she kissed his ridges.  While it imagined he could definitely go for another round of love-making with his par'Mach'kai, he also knew that they had a lot of work to do, today.  And, besides...she had not yet eaten bite one of her breakfast.  

"You are correct," he smiled, standing up and taking her with him, carrying the doctor in his arms over toward the table.  "Training, however, begins with breakfast.  And so we eat."

Ilana put up no protest as Raynor picked her up with all the ease that he usually displayed when he felt the need to move her bodily from one place to another, generally to her bed when he thought that she was working herself too hard.

Her eyebrow scales shifted slightly to form an expression of amusement. "You are d-determined to get m-me to eat," she pointed out, poking him in the side.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 12:44 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana put up no protest as Raynor picked her up with all the ease that he usually displayed when he felt the need to move her bodily from one place to another, generally to her bed when he thought that she was working herself too hard.

Her eyebrow scales shifted slightly to form an expression of amusement.  "You are d-determined to get m-me to eat," she pointed out, poking him in the side.

"Always," the Klingon replied, grinning broadly while cutting up a big chunk of pancake. He gulped it down, chewing while giving Ilana a thoughtful look. "Though, this time it goes beyond my personal desire for you to live a healthy life, dear doctor. One cannot train without the proper energy. All the training in the universe is useless if your body does not have the required nutrition to sustain it. So, in other words," he said, taking a gulp of juice, "get ready for more real breakfasts."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 12:54 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Always," the Klingon replied, grinning broadly while cutting up a big chunk of pancake.  He gulped it down, chewing while giving Ilana a thoughtful look.  "Though, this time it goes beyond my personal desire for you to live a healthy life, dear doctor.  One cannot train without the proper energy.  All the training in the universe is useless if your body does not have the required nutrition to sustain it.  So, in other words," he said, taking a gulp of juice, "get ready for more real breakfasts."

"You and y-your ulterior m-motives," Ilana grumbled as she looked at the food that Raynor had prepared, none of which was usually on her menu for breakfast. She was making a hard pass at the gagh, that was for sure. As much as she appreciated Raynor trying to offer her food from his culture, her stomach was not up to handling that kind of food in the morning. The pancakes, she was unsure about. With a soft sigh, she reached out and placed a piece of fish on her plate.

"W-will this s-suffice?" she asked before starting to carve out small bites with the precision of a surgeon.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

"You and y-your ulterior m-motives," Ilana grumbled as she looked at the food that Raynor had prepared, none of which was usually on her menu for breakfast.  She was making a hard pass at the gagh, that was for sure.  As much as she appreciated Raynor trying to offer her food from his culture, her stomach was not up to handling that kind of food in the morning.  The pancakes, she was unsure about.  With a soft sigh, she reached out and placed a piece of fish on her plate.

"W-will this s-suffice?" she asked before starting to carve out small bites with the precision of a surgeon.

Raynor beamed a happy smile in response to Ilana's declaration of his motives. Well...it was something close to a smile, though he probably showed too many teeth. "There is nothing ulterior about them, Lana," he said. "At least, not when you are concerned. You will never need to wonder about the contents of my heart." He looked down a the fish, nodding. "It will do for a start."

The Klingon rose, going back over to the replicator. "Training mixture Hughes-2," he commanded, as the terminal created a glass of something bluish-green. "This," he said, setting it on the tabletop close to her, "is a nutrient beverage I have programmed for you. Your physiology has a long way to go to catch up on everything you've denied it with your rest and eating habits," he said, not managing to keep all of the accusation out of his tone. "So you will have to supplement with these. Fortunately, I have programmed them to taste decent."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 1:18 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor beamed a happy smile in response to Ilana's declaration of his motives.  Well...it was something close to a smile, though he probably showed too many teeth.  "There is nothing ulterior about them, Lana," he said.  "At least, not when you are concerned.  You will never need to wonder about the contents of my heart."  He looked down a the fish, nodding.  "It will do for a start."

The Klingon rose, going back over to the replicator.  "Training mixture Hughes-2," he commanded, as the terminal created a glass of something bluish-green.  "This," he said, setting it on the tabletop close to her, "is a nutrient beverage I have programmed for you.  Your physiology has a long way to go to catch up on everything you've denied it with your rest and eating habits," he said, not managing to keep all of the accusation out of his tone.  "So you will have to supplement with these.  Fortunately, I have programmed them to taste decent."

Ilana wasn't sure what to make of Raynor's reply about the fish being 'a start'. She wasn't sure she wanted to know what else he had planned for her, but, as he got up to return to the replicator, she guessed that she was going to find out anyway.

She rolled her eyes at him for the jibe about her manner of living, or lack thereof. He was the only one who really knew just how hard she pushed herself. The only one who really cared. For that reason alone, she picked up the glass with the air of a first-year medical cadet handling his first organ and sniffed it. It took a lot of effort not to pull a face. It had a strange, sweet, fishy, vegetable scent. She glanced up at Raynor after a moment of observing it.

"It's green."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 11:36 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana wasn't sure what to make of Raynor's reply about the fish being 'a start'.  She wasn't sure she wanted to know what else he had planned for her, but, as he got up to return to the replicator, she guessed that she was going to find out anyway.

She rolled her eyes at him for the jibe about her manner of living, or lack thereof.  He was the only one who really knew just how hard she pushed herself.  The only one who really cared.  For that reason alone, she picked up the glass with the air of a first-year medical cadet handling his first organ and sniffed it.  It took a lot of effort not to pull a face.  It had a strange, sweet, fishy, vegetable scent.  She glanced up at Raynor after a moment of observing it.

"It's green."

"That, it is," Raynor chuckled, finishing off a his second cake. Ilana drinking the nutrient shake had assuaged some of his usual concerns about her diet, so he let her continue the breakfast at her own pace. It was damn near not enough to feed a kraw'za, but...a warrior must exercise patience as much as he exercised his body.

Not that it made it any easier.

[Holodeck]

Having finished breakfast, Raynor walked Ilana to a holodeck. His countenance practically dared anyone to look at the odd couple crossways, but fortunately (or unfortunately), nobody did. "Computer, program Hughes 1.1. And create appropriate gear." The gridded walls dissolved into a wide-open room with bright windows and a soft mat floor. In Raynor's hands were two folded suits of black cloth. "The gi. It will allow ease of motion," he said, handing her one.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 4:53 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

[Holodeck]

Having finished breakfast, Raynor walked Ilana to a holodeck.  His countenance practically dared anyone to look at the odd couple crossways, but fortunately (or unfortunately), nobody did.  "Computer, program Hughes 1.1.  And create appropriate gear."  The gridded walls dissolved into a wide-open room with bright windows and a soft mat floor.  In Raynor's hands were two folded suits of black cloth.  "The gi.  It will allow ease of motion," he said, handing her one.

Ilana had stuck close to Raynor during the walk to the holodeck, aware of just how odd their relationship would be in the eyes of pretty much everyone else on the station. Thankfully, the corridors were practically deserted, and they arrived at the 'deck without any problems.

The choice of program surprised her. The Cardassian had expected Raynor's training programs to be similar to the ones more commonly used by Klingons, who tended to favour dark, dank locations, most often caves or battlegrounds. Her observation of the brightly-light room was broken by Raynor handing her a pile of folded black cloth. Nodding in acknowledgement of his explanation, she pulled off her jumper, shrugging on the gi jacket over the shirt she wore underneath.

Once dressed appropriately, she looked up at the Klingon, waiting for the next instructions.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 6:56 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana had stuck close to Raynor during the walk to the holodeck, aware of just how odd their relationship would be in the eyes of pretty much everyone else on the station.  Thankfully, the corridors were practically deserted, and they arrived at the 'deck without any problems.

The choice of program surprised her.  The Cardassian had expected Raynor's training programs to be similar to the ones more commonly used by Klingons, who tended to favour dark, dank locations, most often caves or battlegrounds.  Her observation of the brightly-light room was broken by Raynor handing her a pile of folded black cloth.  Nodding in acknowledgement of his explanation, she pulled off her jumper, shrugging on the gi jacket over the shirt she wore underneath.

Once dressed appropriately, she looked up at the Klingon, waiting for the next instructions.

Watching as Ilana changed, Raynor was impressed by the level of comfort that now existed between the two of them. Before, he knew that she would have been terrified of changing clothing in front of him, even though she was just in her teal undershirt.

Raynor took off his own tunic and undershirt, shrugging into the thin robe. "We will begin slowly," he said, smiling at the Cardassian. "It will build your strength, and give you the foundation from which to continue." He began to guide her through a series of stretches, then squats. "Groups of ten," he said, "and then into push-ups."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 7:11 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Watching as Ilana changed, Raynor was impressed by the level of comfort that now existed between the two of them.  Before, he knew that she would have been terrified of changing clothing in front of him, even though she was just in her teal undershirt.  

Raynor took off his own tunic and undershirt, shrugging into the thin robe.  "We will begin slowly," he said, smiling at the Cardassian.  "It will build your strength, and give you the foundation from which to continue."  He began to guide her through a series of stretches, then squats.  "Groups of ten," he said, "and then into push-ups."

Ilana carefully followed Raynor's instructions as to the stretches, identifying the groups of muscles she guessed were the ones supposed to be being stretched and adjusting her position where necessary for efficiency in the task.

While she had little difficulty with the stretching exercises, she began to struggle as they moved on to more physically demanding exercises, the pauses between her sets starting to grow longer and longer as fatigue set into her muscles. However, with a determined scowl set, she continued on, trying to match the Klingon.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 8:16 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana carefully followed Raynor's instructions as to the stretches, identifying the groups of muscles she guessed were the ones supposed to be being stretched and adjusting her position where necessary for efficiency in the task.  

While she had little difficulty with the stretching exercises, she began to struggle as they moved on to more physically demanding exercises, the pauses between her sets starting to grow longer and longer as fatigue set into her muscles.  However, with a determined scowl set, she continued on, trying to match the Klingon.

"Good," Raynor nodded encouragingly. He knew that they'd have to start small, considering the fact that the Cardassian got little to no exercise. "The tiredness is good. It lets you know that your body is responding. Rest," he said, handing her a Starfleet-issue aluminum bottle full of real water that he'd brought in with them. "There will be pain, at first. But you will grow stronger," he said, with a sense of finality that illustrated that he would accept nothing else. "When you have rested for a minute or so, we will begin the first steps of the mok'bara."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 5:10 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Good," Raynor nodded encouragingly.  He knew that they'd have to start small, considering the fact that the Cardassian got little to no exercise.  "The tiredness is good.  It lets you know that your body is responding.  Rest," he said, handing her a Starfleet-issue aluminum bottle full of real water that he'd brought in with them.  "There will be pain, at first.  But you will grow stronger," he said, with a sense of finality that illustrated that he would accept nothing else.  "When you have rested for a minute or so, we will begin the first steps of the mok'bara."

Despite the fact that she wanted to keep going, Ilana knew that there was sense in Raynor's words and sat down, thanking him as he handed her a bottle of water. She took a mouthful, letting her heart rate and breathing return to a level closer to normal. Her head was thudding and she subconsciously reached up to rub behind her ear, where she could almost feel the implant pressing against her skull with each beat of her pulse.

She set the bottle on the floor, getting back to her feet and squaring her shoulders as she looked up at Raynor. "I'm r-ready."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 9:38 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Despite the fact that she wanted to keep going, Ilana knew that there was sense in Raynor's words and sat down, thanking him as he handed her a bottle of water.  She took a mouthful, letting her heart rate and breathing return to a level closer to normal.  Her head was thudding and she subconsciously reached up to rub behind her ear, where she could almost feel the implant pressing against her skull with each beat of her pulse.  

She set the bottle on the floor, getting back to her feet and squaring her shoulders as she looked up at Raynor.  "I'm r-ready."

Of course she was ready. Her spirit and fire was one of the things that Raynor had fallen in love with, and it didn't surprise him at all, here. But it did make him proud of her. "Qapla'," he grinned, nodding. "We begin with the form of the mok'bara. It is exercise...but it is also meditation. You will find comfort in the forms, in the motion by rote, the ceremony of it. Not that it is ceremony, mind you. Like so."

Raynor stood behind Ilana, his large form eclipsing her own slim one, his hands on her elbows and gently guiding her through the opening form. It was impossible to ignore just how close she was to him. She seemed to fit right into his arms...whether it be holding her safe and close, or guiding her through self-defense exercises. In truth, it was difficult to ignore the nearness of her, or how easy it would be to start kissing the back of her neck.

This, however, was both an honor and a duty, and he would perform it.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 6:02 am

Exercise and meditation, it seemed like such an odd thing to associate with the Klingons, but Ilana was had fount out that she was discovering a lot of elements about the Klingons that only those closely associated with one would be privy to.

She resisted the urge to turn to face him as he slipped behind her, relaxing her muscles so as not to be fighting against him as he slid his hands the length of her arms and moved them into the first position. It was hard to ignore his presence, the feel of his strength behind her, gentleness of his hands on her elbows that belied the truth of his strength. She wanted to lean into the embrace, but she had asked him to do this. She wanted to do this, and she would honour that he was willing to teach her.

Looking up, she caught sight of their faint reflection in one of the windows and tried hard not to burst out laughing. Not at the strangeness of their situation, but at the sight of them together, such polar opposites in appearance, in personality. It seemed impossible that the two of them be attracted to each other.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 7:14 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Exercise and meditation, it seemed like such an odd thing to associate with the Klingons, but Ilana was had fount out that she was discovering a lot of elements about the Klingons that only those closely associated with one would be privy to.  

She resisted the urge to turn to face him as he slipped behind her, relaxing her muscles so as not to be fighting against him as he slid his hands the length of her arms and moved them into the first position.  It was hard to ignore his presence, the feel of his strength behind her, gentleness of his hands on her elbows that belied the truth of his strength.  She wanted to lean into the embrace, but she had asked him to do this.  She wanted to do this, and she would honour that he was willing to teach her.  

Looking up, she caught sight of their faint reflection in one of the windows and tried hard not to burst out laughing.  Not at the strangeness of their situation, but at the sight of them together, such polar opposites in appearance, in personality.  It seemed impossible that the two of them be attracted to each other.

"You've got it, Lana," Raynor said, smiling happily as he helped his beloved move through her forms. Her motions were a bit clumsy, but as far as beginners went, she seemed to have an aptitude for it. He knew that the actual fighting would be a lot more difficult, though. "Think of mok'bara like an essential acid. It is a building block...a foundation."

He moved from around her, standing next to her and falling into his own forms, moving in stereo with his beloved. "You may wonder what all this has to do with fighting and training. If one does not know how to properly move, then all the weapons lore and fighting forms in the galaxy are useless as teats on a boar targ."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"You've got it, Lana," Raynor said, smiling happily as he helped his beloved move through her forms.  Her motions were a bit clumsy, but as far as beginners went, she seemed to have an aptitude for it.  He knew that the actual fighting would be a lot more difficult, though.  "Think of mok'bara like an essential acid.  It is a building block...a foundation."

He moved from around her, standing next to her and falling into his own forms, moving in stereo with his beloved.  "You may wonder what all this has to do with fighting and training.  If one does not know how to properly move, then all the weapons lore and fighting forms in the galaxy are useless as teats on a boar targ."

A pleased smile broke out on Ilana's face as Raynor complemented her grasp of the movements, although as he stepped away, she found that she missed his presence behind her. She kept her eyes on him as he moved so that she could copy the stances, but the distraction of watching the power of his muscles, the way the shifted and bunched under the gleam of his skin all made it quite difficult.

"I understand," she said in reply to his explanation, the scales on her face shifting into a frown of concentration as she tried to move through a particularly complex stance. She paused for a moment, rubbing her implant with a grimace before turning her attention back to Raynor, picking up the motions again.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 10:09 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

A pleased smile broke out on Ilana's face as Raynor complemented her grasp of the movements, although as he stepped away, she found that she missed his presence behind her.  She kept her eyes on him as he moved so that she could copy the stances, but the distraction of watching the power of his muscles, the way the shifted and bunched under the gleam of his skin all made it quite difficult.

"I understand," she said in reply to his explanation, the scales on her face shifting into a frown of concentration as she tried to move through a particularly complex stance.  She paused for a moment, rubbing her implant with a grimace before turning her attention back to Raynor, picking up the motions again.

It was only a small motion, but Raynor's preternatural warrior's instincts had been trained to pick up on what people said and did...and what their non-verbal cues said about their condition. "What is it, Lana?" he asked, dropping out of form and moving close to her, his hand reaching out tentatively to touch the implant, but stopping short of doing so. "Is the implant bothering you?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Ilana wanted to pull away from Raynor as he lifted a hand as if to touch her implant, but managed not to stir a foot. She gave a slight smile, hoping to reassure him, putting a hand on his arm.

"It's ok, R-Raynor," she replied softly. "It's j-just a little uncomfortable w-with my b-blood pressure. A h-headache, th-that's all."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 2:33 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Ilana wanted to pull away from Raynor as he lifted a hand as if to touch her implant, but managed not to stir a foot.  She gave a slight smile, hoping to reassure him, putting a hand on his arm.

"It's ok, R-Raynor," she replied softly.  "It's j-just a little uncomfortable w-with my b-blood pressure.  A h-headache, th-that's all."

"Indeed," Raynor said, the expression on his face painting a clear picture of just how 'trivial' he thought the whole thing to be. Then again, he had literally seen her die during the implementation of the device. It had been in those desperate moments that the Klingon had realized that he truly loved Ilana...when the possibility of losing her forever had been a reality. "It is likely due to all the...intense...physical exertion of the last day or so. We should...I believe we have a good beginning. You need to rest."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Indeed," Raynor said, the expression on his face painting a clear picture of just how 'trivial' he thought the whole thing to be.  Then again, he had literally seen her die during the implementation of the device.  It had been in those desperate moments that the Klingon had realized that he truly loved Ilana...when the possibility of losing her forever had been a reality.  "It is likely due to all the...intense...physical exertion of the last day or so.  We should...I believe we have a good beginning.  You need to rest."

The Cardassian seemed to deflate a little in the face of Raynor's expression and she looked away from him. While their... exercise... had been intense, it had also been very enjoyable. Yes, she was far weaker, far less resistant than he was, but she still wanted to match him as much as she could.

"If you th-think that's best," she replied. She didn't want to rest though. She knew that a painkiller would sort the problem with her implant and she could continue, but she also knew that Raynor wouldn't see it that way.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 3:40 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The Cardassian seemed to deflate a little in the face of Raynor's expression and she looked away from him.  While their... exercise... had been intense, it had also been very enjoyable.  Yes, she was far weaker, far less resistant than he was, but she still wanted to match him as much as she could.

"If you th-think that's best," she replied.  She didn't want to rest though.  She knew that a painkiller would sort the problem with her implant and she could continue, but she also knew that Raynor wouldn't see it that way.

Raynor moved close to Ilana, holding her next to him and allowing her face to settle against his broad chest. It was difficult not to feel guilt, even though he knew damn well that the pair of them had enjoyed their first night together as a couple. "Balance, Lana," he said, whispering into her short hair. "Like the hand of the smith who forges the bat'leth. A blade without balance is useless, and just as dangerous as a life without one."

He kissed her, trailing his fingertips along the other side of her face, away from the implant. "I do not know what is best," he said, having not trouble admitting that to his love, if there was to be an openness between them. "In this partnership, you will need to be open with me in more than our emotions. You cannot ignore physical ailments, as you have done in the past."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 3:59 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor moved close to Ilana, holding her next to him and allowing her face to settle against his broad chest.  It was difficult not to feel guilt, even though he knew damn well that the pair of them had enjoyed their first night together as a couple.  "Balance, Lana," he said, whispering into her short hair.  "Like the hand of the smith who forges the bat'leth.  A blade without balance is useless, and just as dangerous as a life without one."

He kissed her, trailing his fingertips along the other side of her face, away from the implant.  "I do not know what is best," he said, having not trouble admitting that to his love, if there was to be an openness between them.  "In this partnership, you will need to be open with me in more than our emotions.  You cannot ignore physical ailments, as you have done in the past."

Balance.  It was easy to say that, but it was far harder to put that balance into practise.  Ilana let the Klingon pull her to him, resting her head against his chest.  The beat of his heart, familiar to her now, helped her to relax.

As she looked up at him, she found his lips against hers, the gentleness of his fingers against the scales on the side of her face.  His next words, however, caused her to look away with a guilty expression on her face.  "Th-that will not be easy..." she warned. "I do n-not think you w-will enjoy it."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Balance.  It was easy to say that, but it was far harder to put that balance into practise.  Ilana let the Klingon pull her to him, resting her head against his chest.  The beat of his heart, familiar to her now, helped her to relax.

As she looked up at him, she found his lips against hers, the gentleness of his fingers against the scales on the side of her face.  His next words, however, caused her to look away with a guilty expression on her face.  "Th-that will not be easy..." she warned.  "I do n-not think you w-will enjoy it."

Raynor commanded a bench-like seat to appear, and the computer dutifully responded. Settling his hand low on her waist, Raynor guided Ilana to sit down, carefully considering his next words. It seemed as if he was always saying the wrong thing with her. It occurred to him, right then and there, that Ilana was one of the first real relationships that he'd ever been in. More than the endgame of a drinking session, or the frenzied carnality that he'd experienced on the Homeworld. There had been Jiseth, of course, but...that ship had warped long ago.

In some ways, he was just as inexperienced as Ilana.

"What do you mean, I won't enjoy it?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 6:47 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor commanded a bench-like seat to appear, and the computer dutifully responded.  Settling his hand low on her waist, Raynor guided Ilana to sit down, carefully considering his next words.  It seemed as if he was always saying the wrong thing with her.  It occurred to him, right then and there, that Ilana was one of the first real relationships that he'd ever been in.  More than the endgame of a drinking session, or the frenzied carnality that he'd experienced on the Homeworld.  There had been Jiseth, of course, but...that ship had warped long ago.

In some ways, he was just as inexperienced as Ilana.

"What do you mean, I won't enjoy it?"

Sitting astride the bench so that she was facing Raynor, Ilana looked down at her hands, fidgetting as she tried to find the words. Raynor knew that she had been raised, for the most part, in the cargo bay of a freighter, without adequate food, exercise or daylight, real or artificial.

"Ph-physical ailments are p-p-part of d-daily life f-for me," she said slowly. "I am f-far more f-fragile th-than the average C-C-Cardassian. Th-than m-most humans, even. I kn-know this." She looked up at him for a moment, then back down at her hands. "Kn-knowing about every ailment w-will only d-distress you, and I d-don't want th-that."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 7:47 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Sitting astride the bench so that she was facing Raynor, Ilana looked down at her hands, fidgetting as she tried to find the words.  Raynor knew that she had been raised, for the most part, in the cargo bay of a freighter, without adequate food, exercise or daylight, real or artificial.

"Ph-physical ailments are p-p-part of d-daily life f-for me," she said slowly.  "I am f-far more f-fragile th-than the average C-C-Cardassian.  Th-than m-most humans, even.  I kn-know this."  She looked up at him for a moment, then back down at her hands.  "Kn-knowing about every ailment w-will only d-distress you, and I d-don't want th-that."

Raynor took a drink of his water, and gave the Cardassian a level gaze. "You believe, somehow, that I cannot handle being stressed?" he asked, his voice containing a playful tone of severity. "Though I am not a doctor, I am trained in medicine as well as the hard sciences. Holding back information from me might be dangerous to you, Lana, especially when you push yourself too hard. Which," he said, his expression actually growing serious, "we will see an end to."

Reaching over, Raynor ran the backs of his fingers along the side of her face, through her soft, short hair. "You seem to forget, Lana...that who I fell in love with is who sits before me. You speak as if your physical ailments will repulse me, but they are who you are. Some of them will be repaired with proper nutrition and exercise, but some will not. I am not ignorant of this, nor have I ever been. I love you...not an ideal that you think would be more suitable for me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)   Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of Wolf and Lamb (Raynor/Ilana)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next