Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!

Go down 
+10
Ilana Telak
NPC
Archangel T'Koris
Henriks Ābols
Pepper Wilson
Gabriel Arthur
Kintiss
Chira Abols
Tufezr Nefen
Thelos th'Zhela
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 6:27 pm

Chira Abols wrote:
[Sickbay]

Chira strolled through sickbay, peeking into each of the workstations, somewhat-bewildered as to why things seemed so quiet and empty.  She'd heard word of a disturbance of some kind, primarily involving their Vulcan science officer, but as of yet she couldn't find her husband or Thelos to ask them.  The Vulcan, Selva, didn't seem to be around, either.  Perhaps they'd had to have taken her into quarantine?  Chira hoped that it wasn't something that serious.

She turned a corner, idly wondering if she could find Zero, when she stopped up short, nearly dropping the data padd that rested in the crook of her arm.  All her training, let alone all her experience working in space, had taught her not to be surprised by other species, and especially not to pre-judge them.  However, the sudden appearance of a walking...snake person? in sickbay just wasn't something you saw every day.

"Oh!  Hullo, you startled me...my mind was running at warp 10 in the opposite direction.  You must be new here?"  Chira beamed a small smile to the ophidian-looking fellow, holding out her hand.  "I'm Chira Abols, ship's counselor."

[Sickbay]

Since he’d enrolled in Starfleet Academy, Kintiss had been subject to looks from others regarding his ophidian appearance. He’d trained himself to simply disregard the looks of shock, surprise and sometimes fear that his classmates and co-workers sometimes gave him. He could only assume that there weren’t that many active Selay in Starfleet. At least, there were very few he knew about.

It was a refreshing sight, then, to see the ship’s counselor smiling at him. He returned the smile graciously, accidentally revealing his two prominent and sharp fangs to her.

“Ah, Counsssselor.” He replied. “Good to finally meet you.” Try as he might, he couldn’t keep the hiss out of his voice. It was a peculiarity of his race. “I only jusssst transsssfered here. I’m Kintiss.” He continued, shaking her hand. His skin was noticeably scaly, and cold to the touch. “Can I help you with sssssomething?”
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:05 pm

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 Xarna_zpsenawiyf5
Lt. Commander Xarna

[Bridge]

Following Julia through the corridors to the bridge, Xarna kept her eyes downcast on her padd, pointedly ignoring any passing crewmembers.  One, they weren't her crew, two, she wasn't there to be a touchy-feely counselor, and three...well, she just didn't quite care.  

"Ah," she said, once they got to the main Sciences terminal, scanning through the data as it moved across the screens.  The Tellarite pulled out a few more data crystals, inserting them into the terminal, waiting on the data from the April's sensor arrays to jive with that of the Phoenix.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:17 pm

Kintiss wrote:

Since he’d enrolled in Starfleet Academy, Kintiss had been subject to looks from others regarding his ophidian appearance. He’d trained himself to simply disregard the looks of shock, surprise and sometimes fear that his classmates and co-workers sometimes gave him. He could only assume that there weren’t that many active Selay in Starfleet. At least, there were very few he knew about.

It was a refreshing sight, then, to see the ship’s counselor smiling at him. He returned the smile graciously, accidentally revealing his two prominent and sharp fangs to her.

“Ah, Counsssselor.” He replied. “Good to finally meet you.” Try as he might, he couldn’t keep the hiss out of his voice. It was a peculiarity of his race. “I only jusssst transsssfered here. I’m Kintiss.” He continued, shaking her hand. His skin was noticeably scaly, and cold to the touch. “Can I help you with sssssomething?”

[Sickbay]

Chira returned the handshake, marveling at how markedly cooler the man's hand was. She knew that certain species, like Cardassians, were cold-natured, but it could be that a Selay was entirely ectothermic. Guess I have some research to do, she thought. "Nothing in particular, no. I just wanted to check in and see how you're getting settled on the ship. And, to be honest, I can't say as I've ever met a Selay."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 9:27 pm

NPC wrote:
Lt. Commander Xarna

[Bridge]

Following Julia through the corridors to the bridge, Xarna kept her eyes downcast on her padd, pointedly ignoring any passing crewmembers.  One, they weren't her crew, two, she wasn't there to be a touchy-feely counselor, and three...well, she just didn't quite care.  

"Ah," she said, once they got to the main Sciences terminal, scanning through the data as it moved across the screens.  The Tellarite pulled out a few more data crystals, inserting them into the terminal, waiting on the data from the April's sensor arrays to jive with that of the Phoenix.

[Bridge]

"Welcome to the bridge." Julia said as she approached her station and took a seat. After Xarna entered the data crystals Julia gestured to an empty seat beside. "Please, Commander, take a seat. The link between the two ships may take a few moments." Julia was encouraged by their earlier interaction. She was hopeful for a strong working relationship between the two. There had been, however, a noticeably awkward silence on there way between the observation lounge and the bridge. Julia made an attempt to connect with the Tellarite. "So Commander, did you have a scientific internship in your time at the academy? I really learned a lot from mine. Starfleet always seems to be able to come up with very interesting assignments for Junior and Senior year cadets."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 12:05 pm

Chira Abols wrote:
Chira returned the handshake, marveling at how markedly cooler the man's hand was.  She knew that certain species, like Cardassians, were cold-natured, but it could be that a Selay was entirely ectothermic.  Guess I have some research to do, she thought.  "Nothing in particular, no.  I just wanted to check in and see how you're getting settled on the ship.  And, to be honest, I can't say as I've ever met a Selay."

[Sickbay]

"We're few and far between in Sssstarfleet." Kintiss shrugged as he let go of the counselor's hand. "I haven't met many otherssss in uniform either." When he was at the Academy, the only other Selay there was a couple of years ahead of him. He was also the only Selay on all three ships he'd served on.

"I think I'm ssssettling in well." he continued. "Medical work keepssss me busssy and my co-workersss have been welcoming."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 1:24 pm

Lt. Commander Xarna
Julia Rellek wrote:

"Welcome to the bridge." Julia said as she approached her station and took a seat. After Xarna entered the data crystals Julia gestured to an empty seat beside. "Please, Commander, take a seat. The link between the two ships may take a few moments." Julia was encouraged by their earlier interaction. She was hopeful for a strong working relationship between the two. There had been, however, a noticeably awkward silence on there way between the observation lounge and the bridge. Julia made an attempt to connect with the Tellarite. "So Commander, did you have a scientific internship in your time at the academy? I really learned a lot from mine. Starfleet always seems to be able to come up with very interesting assignments for Junior and Senior year cadets."

[Bridge]

Xarna impatiently tapped her foot as she waited for the data to correlate, casting a wary, sidelong look over at Rellek. It appeared that the girl was attempting to engage in diminutive language. Or, what was it that humans called it? Small talk, she thought, suppressing the urge to sigh mightily.

"Oh yes," the Tellarite said, her tone as acerbic as her countenance. "Starfleet Academy, what a wonderful time that was. I fit right in like a jor'la-skin glove, let me tell you. People took right to me, and never made references to domesticated, snout-nosed Earth animals. I learned later that pigs are a delicacy on your planet. So, yes, wonderful time, wear my ring proudly, can't stop wearing my Academy Debate Team letter jacket..." She did roll her eyes this time, still tapping her foot. "I completed a full cadet cruise for my senior year aboard the USS Antares."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Kintiss wrote:

"We're few and far between in Sssstarfleet." Kintiss shrugged as he let go of the counselor's hand. "I haven't met many otherssss in uniform either." When he was at the Academy, the only other Selay there was a couple of years ahead of him. He was also the only Selay on all three ships he'd served on.

"I think I'm ssssettling in well." he continued. "Medical work keepssss me busssy and my co-workersss have been welcoming."

[Sickbay]

"That's good to hear," Chira smiled, nodding at the Selay.  "I moonlight as a nurse, but I'm also the counselor aboard, so if you ever need to talk...my door's always open."  She glanced around Sickbay, wondering where everyone else was.  Usually, it was hard to pry Henriks' bony butt out of his office with a crowbar.  "Have you met Doctor Abols, yet?  He's -"

Her thought was interrupted by a priority hail from Engineering, which flashed across both of their datapadds and chirped their badges.  

Injury Report Status:  Non-Critical
Subject:  Terran Male, Age Thirty-Seven Earth Years
Casualty Report:  Compound Fracture of Left Tibia
Subject Status:  Incoming

"Looks like we've got company coming," Chira said, her voice turning more business-like.  "Could you please prep a biobed?  Sickbay to Transport," she said, throwing on a white jacket.  "Request acknowledged, transport when ready."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 2:09 pm

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 Salek2_zpststt2bts
Captain Salek

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Yes, that sounds like a good idea," Archangel replied to her first officer, quietly relieved that he had come up with it.  She refrained from glaring at the Tellarite as she threw the data that Lieuenant Rellek had gathered into doubt.  The young officer was going to have to learn to stand up for her own knowledge and information in this career.  Turning her attention to Rellek, the Romulan nodded once.

"Use all the resources you need, Lieutenant.  If you have any problems with authorisation, let me know."  Looking back to Gabriel and their other unfortunate guest, she gestured with one arm to the door.  "Shall we?"

[Conference Room]

Politely declining the offer of anything other than a light Vulcan spice tea from the replicator, Salek moved over toward the large bay window. He felt the heat of the tea through the thin, false porcelain of his cup, judging when the beverage would be the optimal temperature. Not hot enough to dull the tastebuds, but enough to give the spice its proper bite. It was a bit of epicuriean superfluousity, of course...but what other Vulcans didn't know wouldn't hurt them.

"So, Captain T'Koris," he finally said, after taking the first sip. His voice was as soft as ever, like velvet sliding across a piece of uncured leather. "You seem to be doing well for yourself. I dare say that more than a few of your Academy tutors would be surprised." Coming from anyone else, that would likely have been meant as an insult, but the Vulcan was simply speaking the truth as he saw it.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 2:17 pm

NPC wrote:
Lt. Commander Xarna

[Bridge]

Xarna impatiently tapped her foot as she waited for the data to correlate, casting a wary, sidelong look over at Rellek.  It appeared that the girl was attempting to engage in diminutive language.  Or, what was it that humans called it?  Small talk, she thought, suppressing the urge to sigh mightily.  

"Oh yes," the Tellarite said, her tone as acerbic as her countenance.  "Starfleet Academy, what a wonderful time that was.  I fit right in like a jor'la-skin glove, let me tell you.  People took right to me, and never made references to domesticated, snout-nosed Earth animals.  I learned later that pigs are a delicacy on your planet.  So, yes, wonderful time, wear my ring proudly, can't stop wearing my Academy Debate Team letter jacket..."  She did roll her eyes this time, still tapping her foot.  "I completed a full cadet cruise for my senior year aboard the USS Antares."

[Bridge]

The Tellarite propensity for making the worst out of everything. Julia though as her head slightly sank. So much for small talk. "I'm sorry to hear you had such a tough time at the academy."

"COmmander, the data is coming through. I'm processing it through the Phoenix'scomputer now. I'm going to consolidate all of the data into one file. Should be easier for us to analyze." Julia's fingers moved across the console with an intense purpose.
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 2:44 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

"That's good to hear," Chira smiled, nodding at the Selay.  "I moonlight as a nurse, but I'm also the counselor aboard, so if you ever need to talk...my door's always open."  She glanced around Sickbay, wondering where everyone else was.  Usually, it was hard to pry Henriks' bony butt out of his office with a crowbar.  "Have you met Doctor Abols, yet?  He's -"

Her thought was interrupted by a priority hail from Engineering, which flashed across both of their datapadds and chirped their badges.  

Injury Report Status:  Non-Critical
Subject:  Terran Male, Age Thirty-Seven Earth Years
Casualty Report:  Compound Fracture of Left Tibia
Subject Status:  Incoming

"Looks like we've got company coming," Chira said, her voice turning more business-like.  "Could you please prep a biobed?  Sickbay to Transport," she said, throwing on a white jacket.  "Request acknowledged, transport when ready."

"Undersssstood." Kintiss moved to the nearest biobed and began preparing it for use. He'd been expecting something like this to happen all day. The CMO of the Meclanti had always said that a ship wasn't a true ship unless there was one medical emergency a day.

A bleep from the biobed alerted him to its completed prep. "Biobed'ssss ready, Counsssselor." He called. He raced across sickbay surprisingly quickly, but when he returned with a medical tricorder, he was visibly exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 3:24 pm

NPC wrote:
[Conference Room]

Politely declining the offer of anything other than a light Vulcan spice tea from the replicator, Salek moved over toward the large bay window.  He felt the heat of the tea through the thin, false porcelain of his cup, judging when the beverage would be the optimal temperature.  Not hot enough to dull the tastebuds, but enough to give the spice its proper bite.  It was a bit of epicuriean superfluousity, of course...but what other Vulcans didn't know wouldn't hurt them.

"So, Captain T'Koris," he finally said, after taking the first sip.  His voice was as soft as ever, like velvet sliding across a piece of uncured leather.  "You seem to be doing well for yourself.  I dare say that more than a few of your Academy tutors would be surprised."  Coming from anyone else, that would likely have been meant as an insult, but the Vulcan was simply speaking the truth as he saw it.

[Conference Room]

Archangel had wanted to decline anything from the replicator as they settled into the conference room.  At the best of times, she didn't eat much, but having Captain Salek in front of her again was definitely not helping her appetite any.  However, as he accepted a cup of tea, she took one at the same time in order to be polite.

And of course, he wasn't helping her any in keeping her temper in check as soon as he opened his mouth.  From her place standing by the viewports, at the opposite end of the room to the Vulcan, she looked at him out of the corner of her eye.

"I'm sure that they would," she said carefully.  "All of them barring my Engineering tutors, probably.  Your promotion to captain was to be expected, of course."

Last edited by Archangel T'Koris on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 8:20 pm

Kintiss wrote:

"Undersssstood." Kintiss moved to the nearest biobed and began preparing it for use. He'd been expecting something like this to happen all day. The CMO of the Meclanti had always said that a ship wasn't a true ship unless there was one medical emergency a day.

A bleep from the biobed alerted him to its completed prep. "Biobed'ssss ready, Counsssselor." He called. He raced across sickbay surprisingly quickly, but when he returned with a medical tricorder, he was visibly exhausted.

[Sickbay]

Chira gave a quick nod and an appreciative smile at the ophidian's promptness. One thing was for certain...at least the ensign knew his way around a sickbay. Not that she'd assume Starfleet would send them anyone who wouldn't, but it was easy enough to freeze up in an unfamiliar emergency situation. She couldn't help but note, however, that the man seemed...a bit winded. That'll likely change up once the adrenaline kicks in, Chira thought, as a gold-shirted, prone form materialized on the biobed.

The man had, indeed, broken his left tibia. Blood was soaking through his uniform pants leg already. "Go ahead and scalpel the pants material off, if you would," Chira said, rooting through her medical supplies. "It's going to be alright, just hold still and it'll be over before you know it," she said to the poor engineer. She recognized the man as Dwight-Charles Davis, a popular lieutenant who was also the Assistant Chief Engineer. "Rest easy, DC," she said, pressing a hypo to his neck.

Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 10:54 am

Lt. Commander Xarna

Julia Rellek wrote:

The Tellarite propensity for making the worst out of everything. Julia though as her head slightly sank. So much for small talk. "I'm sorry to hear you had such a tough time at the academy."

"COmmander, the data is coming through. I'm processing it through the Phoenix'scomputer now. I'm going to consolidate all of the data into one file. Should be easier for us to analyze." Julia's fingers moved across the console with an intense purpose.

[Bridge]

Xarna snorted a derisive laugh, shaking her head. "Oh, I don't need your pity, ensign. I didn't need anything but my work and studies then, and I do not need anything more than them now."

She nodded as the data came through, watching the cascading information as it consolidated with what the Phoenix had. "Indeed. We have a rare opportunity before us, ensign. We need to not screw this up." Even Xarna didn't recognize the subtle shift in her language - we and not you. "Be aware of any anomalous readings."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 12:23 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

Chira gave a quick nod and an appreciative smile at the ophidian's promptness.  One thing was for certain...at least the ensign knew his way around a sickbay.  Not that she'd assume Starfleet would send them anyone who wouldn't, but it was easy enough to freeze up in an unfamiliar emergency situation.  She couldn't help but note, however, that the man seemed...a bit winded.  That'll likely change up once the adrenaline kicks in, Chira thought, as a gold-shirted, prone form materialized on the biobed.

The man had, indeed, broken his left tibia.  Blood was soaking through his uniform pants leg already.  "Go ahead and scalpel the pants material off, if you would," Chira said, rooting through her medical supplies.  "It's going to be alright, just hold still and it'll be over before you know it," she said to the poor engineer.  She recognized the man as Dwight-Charles Davis, a popular lieutenant who was also the Assistant Chief Engineer.  "Rest easy, DC," she said, pressing a hypo to his neck.

Kintiss grabbed a scalpel and carefully cut around the material on Mr. Davis' left leg. He kept his hand steady as he cut the material away. He threw it to the side, making a mental note to put it in a matter reclamator as soon as they were finished with the engineer.

The scent of blood was stronger the closer he got to the wound. Kintiss could feel a slight carnivorous hunger as he examined it. A little willpower was enough to suppress that instinct, though he had a feeling he'd be taking his next meal earlier than usual. "Lookssss like a sssstandard break." he mused as he looked over the injury. "He'll need dermal regeneration, but it'ssss fixable."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 Salek2_zpststt2bts
Captain Salek

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel had declined anything from the replicator as they settled into the conference room.  At the best of times, she didn't eat much, but having Captain Salek in front of her again was definitely not helping her appetite any.  

And of course, he wasn't helping her any in keeping her temper in check as soon as he opened his mouth.  From her place standing by the viewports, at the opposite end of the room to the Vulcan, she looked at him out of the corner of her eye.

"I'm sure that they would," she said carefully.  "All of them barring my Engineering tutors, probably.  Your promotion to captain was to be expected, of course."

[Conference Room]

Watching his own ship from the conference room window, Salek couldn't help but note the discrepancy between the two vessels. The April was...well, venerable could be used to describe it, if one were willing to be needlessly romantic, which Vulcans were not. Salek knew that his ship was one of the oldest classes in the Fleet, and while it still served admirably and well (if one were to fall into the peculiar human notion of anthropomorphism), it had also be re-fitted several times.

And here they were, sitting on a comparatively new model, and Starfleet had delivered it into the hands of a relative child.

"Indeed," Salek said, setting his teacup on the edge of the conference table. "My assuming of a command post was a logical progression of my career. Your career, however, has been the subject of much speculation...and hope, if I dare say. Once you proved yourself to be more than a public relations showpiece for Starfleet Command, that is. There are elements that believe it will lead to better relations with all of Vulcan's erstwhile cousins."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 4:09 pm

Kintiss wrote:

Kintiss grabbed a scalpel and carefully cut around the material on Mr. Davis' left leg. He kept his hand steady as he cut the material away. He threw it to the side, making a mental note to put it in a matter reclamator as soon as they were finished with the engineer.

The scent of blood was stronger the closer he got to the wound. Kintiss could feel a slight carnivorous hunger as he examined it. A little willpower was enough to suppress that instinct, though he had a feeling he'd be taking his next meal earlier than usual. "Lookssss like a sssstandard break." he mused as he looked over the injury. "He'll need dermal regeneration, but it'ssss fixable."

[Sickkbay]

Nodding along, Chira finished up with a few more of the preliminary scans of the break. With Lieutenant Davis anesthetized, they had a little more time to play with. Still, she wanted to get this wrapped up as soon as possible.

Chira took up the regenerator, keying the device on. "This is one of the new models," she said, handing it to the Selay. "Osteo stim and dermal regen all in one. However...we'll have to set the bone. Can you help me with that?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 4:11 pm

NPC wrote:
[Conference Room]

Watching his own ship from the conference room window, Salek couldn't help but note the discrepancy between the two vessels.  The April was...well, venerable could be used to describe it, if one were willing to be needlessly romantic, which Vulcans were not.  Salek knew that his ship was one of the oldest classes in the Fleet, and while it still served admirably and well (if one were to fall into the peculiar human notion of anthropomorphism), it had also be re-fitted several times.

And here they were, sitting on a comparatively new model, and Starfleet had delivered it into the hands of a relative child.

"Indeed," Salek said, setting his teacup on the edge of the conference table.  "My assuming of a command post was a logical progression of my career.  Your career, however, has been the subject of much speculation...and hope, if I dare say.  Once you proved yourself to be more than a public relations showpiece for Starfleet Command, that is.  There are elements that believe it will lead to better relations with all of Vulcan's erstwhile cousins."

[Conference Room]

In Archangel's hand, the teacup shattered, sending pieces of china exploding outward. Taking a deep breath, she flicked the last drops from her fingers, and picked up the shards, taking them to the replicator for recycling. It was a good thing that they didn't really have plates and dishes that mattered given her tendency to break them when she became emotional.

Trying to get herself back under control again, she looked back up at Captain Salek. "Whether or not there has been speculation, I have earned this position," she replied in a neutral tone of voice. Damn Vulcan. He always tries to show me up!
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 4:36 pm

NPC wrote:
Lt. Commander Xarna

[Bridge]

Xarna snorted a derisive laugh, shaking her head.  "Oh, I don't need your pity, ensign.  I didn't need anything but my work and studies then, and I do not need anything more than them now."  

She nodded as the data came through, watching the cascading information as it consolidated with what the Phoenix had.  "Indeed.  We have a rare opportunity before us, ensign.  We need to not screw this up."  Even Xarna didn't recognize the subtle shift in her language - we and not you.  "Be aware of any anomalous readings."

We...We...??? Julia was perplexed. Xarna actually just admitted that she can make a mistake.

Julia quickly shifted her focus on the data as it trickled across her console. Something from the April wasn't correlating with the data she had collected on the phoenix. She quickly recognized the bio-molecular structures she was seeing. "Xarna. Do you see that?" Julia pointed to she screen. "It's emitting from the 3rd planet in the system. We better get the Commander."

Julia tapped her comma badge...

=/\=Lieutenant Rellek to Commander Arthur. Can you please join Commander Xarna and I on the bridge.=/\=
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

Nodding along, Chira finished up with a few more of the preliminary scans of the break.  With Lieutenant Davis anesthetized, they had a little more time to play with.  Still, she wanted to get this wrapped up as soon as possible.

Chira took up the regenerator, keying the device on.  "This is one of the new models," she said, handing it to the Selay.  "Osteo stim and dermal regen all in one.  However...we'll have to set the bone.  Can you help me with that?"

Ah, the wonders of Starfleet medical technology. It certainly made Kintiss' job a lot easier. Taking the device from Chira, he turned it over briefly in his hands, quickly familiarising himself with it. He looked forward to actually using it on a patient.

"Gladly." he nodded, rolling his sleeves up, so as not to get blood on his uniform, and taking a firm hold of the Lieutenant's leg. He was grateful for Lieutenant Davis being anesthetized, or else he'd be in a lot more pain soon. "Sssshall we?"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 12:00 pm

NPC wrote:
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 Selva2_zpsclzjqqaz
Lieutenant Selva

[Holodeck]
By the moons of Nibia! she swore.  Slowly, the Vulcan turned to the departing pair.  "Th-thank...thank you.  You...your partners," she said, her voice strained and distant-sounding.  "They are...f-fortunate.  To have someone like you in their lives.  You should leave, now."

[Holodeck]

As much as he hated to leave a patient, to let them out of his sight, Henriks knew that it was probably for the best. He and Thelos had done all they could, and now the matter was out of their hands. To remain would only make the situation more dangerous for the patient, and themselves. Henriks had one foot out the door when the Vulcan's voice  called out briefly. "Paldies," he replied, thanking her before giving a brief nod and leaving.

[Sickbay]

Teo was sitting in the corridor as Henriks approached sickbay's doors. "There you are," he told the cat. "Were you waiting for me?" The cat simply flicked his tail, and when Henriks reached down to scratch him behind the ears, the cat trotted off.

Bemused, Henriks stepped through the open doors and into sickbay. He grinned instantly at the sight of Chira. And then he scanned the rest of the room, taking note of a patient, as well as a new doctor.

"Sveiki," Henriks said to the room at large. Reaching for a padd, he asked, "What do we have here?"
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 2:17 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
We...We...??? Julia was perplexed. Xarna actually just admitted that she can make a mistake.

Julia quickly shifted her focus on the data as it trickled across her console. Something from the April wasn't correlating with the data she had collected on the phoenix. She quickly recognized the bio-molecular structures she was seeing. "Xarna. Do you see that?" Julia pointed to she screen. "It's emitting from the 3rd planet in the system. We better get the Commander."

Julia tapped her comma badge...

=/\=Lieutenant Rellek to Commander Arthur. Can you please join Commander Xarna and I on the bridge.=/\=

Lt. Commander Xarna

As soon as the young officer had pointed out the readings, Xarna all but pushed her away from the console so that she could take a better look at the data.  With a few tapped commands, she zeroed in on what she had been afraid of:  life signs on one of the planets in the supernova's path.

"Captain Salek, we have a situation," she stated after hitting her commbadge.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 6:25 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

[Conference Room]

Gabriel had suffered the pomposity of Captain Salek in silence, because...well, because it was pretty much what he had to do. He and Archangel weren't husband and wife when they were on duty...they were captain and subordinate. If he went around socking other CO's in the nose because they made his wife upset, it'd only play right into Salek's pre-conceived notions about their command relationship.

Still, when she shattered her cup...enough was enough. Gabriel jumped up from where he'd been quietly standing, not exactly rushing to Archangel's side, but moving with alacrity...until the call came in from Julia on the bridge.

=^="Arthur here, acknowledged. I'm on my way."=^=

"Captain..." he said, stopping short of grabbing up her assuredly-cut hand in his, "I believe you should join me on the bridge." He'd be damned if he was going to leave her here with this windbag. Unfortunately, his own officer called him to the bridge, too. Oh well. Gabriel had never assumed that the man would spend the entirety of this trip cooling his heels in the guest room.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 6:50 pm

Kintiss wrote:
Ah, the wonders of Starfleet medical technology. It certainly made Kintiss' job a lot easier. Taking the device from Chira, he turned it over briefly in his hands, quickly familiarising himself with it. He looked forward to actually using it on a patient.

"Gladly." he nodded, rolling his sleeves up, so as not to get blood on his uniform, and taking a firm hold of the Lieutenant's leg. He was grateful for Lieutenant Davis being anesthetized, or else he'd be in a lot more pain soon. "Sssshall we?"

[Sickbay]

"Absolutely...and I believe Davis' leg is ready, too." Truth told, she didn't exactly enjoy doing things like this. Although she was adequately trained and up-to-date on all certifications, Chira much preferred to stick with the mental aspects of the crew's health. Still, when something was required, it was.

Henriks Abols wrote:
Bemused, Henriks stepped through the open doors and into sickbay. He grinned instantly at the sight of Chira. And then he scanned the rest of the room, taking note of a patient, as well as a new doctor.

"Sveiki," Henriks said to the room at large. Reaching for a padd, he asked, "What do we have here?"

After helping Kintiss set the bone, Chira glanced up as Henriks entered Sickbay, little Teodors trailing behind him. She burst out into a happy grin, despite the situation. Henriks Abols had that effect. "Hello, Doctor Abols...we started the party without you."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 6:27 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Conference Room]

Gabriel had suffered the pomposity of Captain Salek in silence, because...well, because it was pretty much what he had to do.  He and Archangel weren't husband and wife when they were on duty...they were captain and subordinate.  If he went around socking other CO's in the nose because they made his wife upset, it'd only play right into Salek's pre-conceived notions about their command relationship.

Still, when she shattered her cup...enough was enough.  Gabriel jumped up from where he'd been quietly standing, not exactly rushing to Archangel's side, but moving with alacrity...until the call came in from Julia on the bridge.

=^="Arthur here, acknowledged.  I'm on my way."=^=

"Captain..." he said, stopping short of grabbing up her assuredly-cut hand in his, "I believe you should join me on the bridge."  He'd be damned if he was going to leave her here with this windbag.  Unfortunately, his own officer called him to the bridge, too.  Oh well.  Gabriel had never assumed that the man would spend the entirety of this trip cooling his heels in the guest room.

[Conference Room]

Looking over at Gabriel, then at Salek, Archangel realised that she was secretly relieved that something had obviously come up on the bridge that needed at least one command officer to deal with. Unfortunately, it seemed that Salek's Chief Science Officer also needed her captain on the bridge as well. The Romulan just had to pray that Salek wouldn't try to show her up in front of her crew.

Nodding to her first officer and the other captain, Archangel left the conference room, heading for the ship's command centre and the science station currently occupied by Rellek and Xarna.

"What have you found?" she asked, cutting straight to the chase.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 6:55 am

Lt. Commander Xarna

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Looking over at Gabriel, then at Salek, Archangel realised that she was secretly relieved that something had obviously come up on the bridge that needed at least one command officer to deal with.  Unfortunately, it seemed that Salek's Chief Science Officer also needed her captain on the bridge as well.  The Romulan just had to pray that Salek wouldn't try to show her up in front of her crew.

Nodding to her first officer and the other captain, Archangel left the conference room, heading for the ship's command centre and the science station currently occupied by Rellek and Xarna.

"What have you found?" she asked, cutting straight to the chase.

[Bridge]

Xarna was not at all surprised to see the entire command delegation come strolling onto the bridge. If these readings were correct, of course.  If they were...well, it was a troubling thought, no doubt.  

The Tellarite gave a quick nod in greeting, appreciating T'Koris' apparent desire to get to the point at hand.  It reminded her of her own captain, who often only bloviated for effect.  "In compiling the results of the Phoenix's scans with our own, we have found enough of an anomalous reading to register on the third planet from our dying star.  It is possible that these readings may be caused by something living on said planet...though what that 'something' may be is too early to tell. You have a small laceration on your hand," she finished, turning back to the console.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next