Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!

Go down 
+10
Ilana Telak
NPC
Archangel T'Koris
Henriks Ābols
Pepper Wilson
Gabriel Arthur
Kintiss
Chira Abols
Tufezr Nefen
Thelos th'Zhela
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 10:16 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia followed Arthur as he made his way to the turbo lift. "On the job training? Is that what were calling it Commander?" Julia laughed as they stepped on the turbo lift. "I'm sure the science officer is lovely." Julia shot a smile to the Commander. In that moment Julia felt, for the first time, that she had made it to the inner circle of the command level officers. It felt like she had joined a private club.

[Turbolift]

Nodding as Archangel stepped off to liaise with Captain Personality, Gabriel re-started the 'lift. A small silence stretched between him and Julia as the conveyance moved on. Gabe crossed his arms, leaning against the wall and feeling the soft, thrumming vibrations of the antigrav mech.

"We haven't had much of a chance to chat since the incident on Gorova's world," he quietly said, smiling softly at Julia. "You did good work, down there...I heard they took Hope into foster care, along with several other orphan children found in the Undercity."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 Salek2_zpststt2bts
Captain Salek

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

She greeted the transporter chief with a nod before turning to the pad, quietly dreading the Vulcan that was about to materialise there.

"Liaise with the April and energise when you're ready," she said, looking back over her shoulder at the Chief.

[USS Phoenix - Transporter Room One]

The environs of the Phoenix's transporter room resolved into reality around him as Captain Salek stepped off the pad, glancing around and taking in the surroundings.  Had he been inclined to some of the more baser emotions, he might have felt a slight twinge of jealousy at the more advanced hardware of this Nebula-class vessel.  It only served to heighten the dichotomy between a ship like this and the aging infrastructure of an Excelsior...something that no amount of refitting could fully cover.

Salek quashed the thought as something beneath him, which it was.  He glanced over at his companion, giving the Tellarite a slight nod as he approached Archangel.  "Captain T'Koris," the Vulcan said, clasping his hands behind his back an inclining his head.  "You appear to be in good health.  Allow me to introduce Lieutenant Commander Xarna, my Chief Science Officer."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 10:58 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Turbolift]

Nodding as Archangel stepped off to liaise with Captain Personality, Gabriel re-started the 'lift.  A small silence stretched between him and Julia as the conveyance moved on.  Gabe crossed his arms, leaning against the wall and feeling the soft, thrumming vibrations of the antigrav mech.  

"We haven't had much of a chance to chat since the incident on Gorova's world," he quietly said, smiling softly at Julia.  "You did good work, down there...I heard they took Hope into foster care, along with several other orphan children found in the Undercity."

[Turbolift]

Julia was relieved the moment he mentioned Hope's positive outcome. "Good that means I didn't lie to her. I'm thrilled to hear the outcome was positive." Julia had been nervous that she lied to Hope when she told her it would all be okay. "And thank you sir. Not just for the complement but thank you for your faith in me. That promotion meant a lot to me. I'm glad you see the potential. Truthfully, I'm very excited to be on this ship. You and the Captain have a reputation, don't worry its a good one." She leaned in and lowered the tone of her voice. "Truth be told, I requested this vessel for my field assignment. I had to have two years of field experience and I believe I can learn a lot from this team... But I think I want to stay here now. I don't want to work out my two years and go back to research... its so exciting out here."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 7:59 am

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 Selva2_zpsclzjqqaz
Lieutenant Selva

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Henriks gave a brief nod in agreement. There wasn't a phenomenal chance that it would work, but the only thing that could be worse would be to do nothing. He hoped that they could calm it down enough to be able to get help from a better source. "The captain should be notified," Henriks said, though he would not do so without the Vulcan's ok. But if the captain could be notified, then perhaps they could reach out to other Vulcans. No one would know better than the captain if there were any in the area.

After jotting a few things down on his padd, Henriks looked back to Selva. "Ready?"

[Sickbay]

Selva wasn't keen on notifying the captain at all, both due to her feelings of privacy, and...well.  Pon farr was intensely personal and very Vulcan...and not something that was for the perusal of Romulans.  However...Archangel T'Koris was her commanding officer, so in the end logic dictated that she be in on the situation.

It still wasn't a thrilling thought, though.

"Of course, doctor," she nodded, standing and brushing off the front of her uniform, her hands beginning to shake once again.  Even the tactile sensation of her own hands glancing across the material of her tunic sent tendrils of electric fire along her fingertips, her entire body wanting to shudder.  "Wh-when...whenever you are," she said, her eyes heavily dilated.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 8:43 am

NPC wrote:
The environs of the Phoenix's transporter room resolved into reality around him as Captain Salek stepped off the pad, glancing around and taking in the surroundings.  Had he been inclined to some of the more baser emotions, he might have felt a slight twinge of jealousy at the more advanced hardware of this Nebula-class vessel.  It only served to heighten the dichotomy between a ship like this and the aging infrastructure of an Excelsior...something that no amount of refitting could fully cover.

Salek quashed the thought as something beneath him, which it was.  He glanced over at his companion, giving the Tellarite a slight nod as he approached Archangel.  "Captain T'Koris," the Vulcan said, clasping his hands behind his back an inclining his head.  "You appear to be in good health.  Allow me to introduce Lieutenant Commander Xarna, my Chief Science Officer."

[USS Phoenix - Transporter Room 1]

The materialisation of Captain Salek on the transporter pad in one piece didn't do anything for Archangel's mood. She had been secretly hoping for a transporter malfunction of some sort, but she immediately chased that thought from her head. It wasn't appropriate. He had goaded her into losing her temper once, she wouldn't deign him with a repeat performance, especially since she was no longer an inexperienced cadet. She was a captain, and would act as her rank demanded.

Even if the sight of the Vulcan got her hackles up.

"Captain Salek," she said as she inclined her head to the pair, folding her arms behind her back, managing to keep the emotion from her voice. "Welcome to the Phoenix. If you'll follow me, my first officer and acting Chief Science Officer are waiting for us in the observation lounge."

Turning on her heel, she quickly left the transporter room, expecting them to follow her to the observation lounge.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 9:50 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The materialisation of Captain Salek on the transporter pad in one piece didn't do anything for Archangel's mood.  She had been secretly hoping for a transporter malfunction of some sort, but she immediately chased that thought from her head.  It wasn't appropriate.  He had goaded her into losing her temper once, she wouldn't deign him with a repeat performance, especially since she was no longer an inexperienced cadet.  She was a captain, and would act as her rank demanded.

Even if the sight of the Vulcan got her hackles up.

"Captain Salek," she said as she inclined her head to the pair, folding her arms behind her back, managing to keep the emotion from her voice.  "Welcome to the Phoenix.  If you'll follow me, my first officer and acting Chief Science Officer are waiting for us in the observation lounge."

Turning on her heel, she quickly left the transporter room, expecting them to follow her to the observation lounge.

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 Xarna_zpsenawiyf5
Lt. Commander Xarna

[USS Phoenix]

"Acting Science Officer?" Xarna frowned, a rather fierce expression that added to the casual fierceness of her default countenance. The Tellarite wasn't known for her good moods, and fell into the habitual argumentativeness of her species. "Captain T'Koris, is your CSO incapacitated? What's wrong with her? Is she sick or something? Did Starfleet not send you one?"

For his part, Salek had the decency not to look amused, if such a thing were even a part of the standard set of Vulcan looks. But he allowed himself the indulgence of feeling it. "I am sure that Captain T'Koris has a...logical...explanation," he said, his voice quiet as ever.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 8:03 am

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia was relieved the moment he mentioned Hope's positive outcome. "Good that means I didn't lie to her. I'm thrilled to hear the outcome was positive." Julia had been nervous that she lied to Hope when she told her it would all be okay. "And thank you sir. Not just for the complement but thank you for your faith in me. That promotion meant a lot to me. I'm glad you see the potential. Truthfully, I'm very excited to be on this ship. You and the Captain have a reputation, don't worry its a good one." She leaned in and lowered the tone of her voice. "Truth be told, I requested this vessel for my field assignment. I had to have two years of field experience and I believe I can learn a lot from this team... But I think I want to stay here now. I don't want to work out my two years and go back to research... its so exciting out here."

[Observation Lounge]

"A reputation?"  Gabriel chuckled as the pair stepped off the 'lift and into the Observation Lounge.  "I'm sure we do."  He could well imagine the kind of rep that they'd garnered over the years, and especially in their short time as a command team.  That particular appointment had garnered quite a bit of friction (and no small amount of resentment) among many of the Powers That Be that had held Archangel back in the past.  

Leaning against the edge of the center table, Gabe crossed his arms and smiled.  "I'm glad to hear that you're fitting in, because you've been doing a hell of a job, so far.  And with the bump to jay-gee comes the move out of junior officer quarters.  Can't go wrong with your own space, huh?"  He remembered back to when he'd first earned his own cabin.  It had seemed a palace.  Now it seemed as if he and Archangel didn't have near enough room, even with connecting suites for the girls.

Gabriel glanced over as the door slid open, admitting Arch, Salek, and...a Tellarite that, according to her division color, must be the Science Officer.  He stood from the table, nodding in greeting.  Well...here we go.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 10:54 am

NPC wrote:
Lieutenant Selva
[Sickbay]

Selva wasn't keen on notifying the captain at all, both due to her feelings of privacy, and...well.  Pon farr was intensely personal and very Vulcan...and not something that was for the perusal of Romulans.  However...Archangel T'Koris was her commanding officer, so in the end logic dictated that she be in on the situation.

It still wasn't a thrilling thought, though.

"Of course, doctor," she nodded, standing and brushing off the front of her uniform, her hands beginning to shake once again.  Even the tactile sensation of her own hands glancing across the material of her tunic sent tendrils of electric fire along her fingertips, her entire body wanting to shudder.  "Wh-when...whenever you are," she said, her eyes heavily dilated.

[Sickbay]

With the CSO's reluctant reply, Henriks scrawled up a quick message to the Captain, explaining the situation as little as possible while still stressing the urgency of it all. Once sent, he turned back to the two blueshirts before him, reaching for a medkit as he said, "Let's be off to the holodeck then." The sooner the better. He did not look of how the Vulcan was shuddering, as well as what seemed to be a struggle to control the intense emotions that she must be feeling.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 1:57 pm

[Response to Captain Salek, Lieutenant Xarna, Commander Arthur, Lieutenant Junior Grade Rellek]

[Turbolift]

Archangel wasn't amused that this Tellarite felt herself able to question her with such insubordination, but kept that emotion off her face. An officer's conduct was a direct reflection of their commanding officer and Archangel was already all too familiar with Captain Salek.

"I was informed all of ten minutes ago by my Chief Medical Officer that Lieutenant Selva is currently unfit for duty. I can assure you, however, that Lieutenant Rellek is prefectly capable of taking her place temporarily," Archangel replied in as neutral a tone as she could manage, but she was relieved as the lift came to a halt and they could continue on her way tothe observation lounge.

[Briefing Room]

It was difficult to keep the smile from her face as Archangel stepped into the observation lounge and spotted Gabriel.

"Captain, my first officer, Commander Arthur, and my acting chief science officer, Lieutenant Rellek. Officers, Captain Salek and Lieutenant Xanra."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 6:42 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Observation Lounge]

"A reputation?"  Gabriel chuckled as the pair stepped off the 'lift and into the Observation Lounge.  "I'm sure we do."  He could well imagine the kind of rep that they'd garnered over the years, and especially in their short time as a command team.  That particular appointment had garnered quite a bit of friction (and no small amount of resentment) among many of the Powers That Be that had held Archangel back in the past.  

Leaning against the edge of the center table, Gabe crossed his arms and smiled.  "I'm glad to hear that you're fitting in, because you've been doing a hell of a job, so far.  And with the bump to jay-gee comes the move out of junior officer quarters.  Can't go wrong with your own space, huh?"  He remembered back to when he'd first earned his own cabin.  It had seemed a palace.  Now it seemed as if he and Archangel didn't have near enough room, even with connecting suites for the girls.

Gabriel glanced over as the door slid open, admitting Arch, Salek, and...a Tellarite that, according to her division color, must be the Science Officer.  He stood from the table, nodding in greeting.  Well...here we go.

[Observation Lounge]

Julia followed Gabe closely as they approached the observation lounge. "Why thank you sir. And yes, I'm looking forward to some peace and quiet." Julia laughed as the door swung open. She quickly removed the smirk from her face and nodded to acknowledge Arch, Captain Salek and the tellarite. Tellarite... Really. She has to be a tellarite. Julia had had some experience with Tellarites when she worked on a research station. A group of Tellarites used the station as shelter from a plasma storm. And it made for an interesting few days. She had never met a species so argumentative and rude. She sat across from this science officer bracing herself for the worst.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 6:52 pm

Lieutenant Selva

Henriks Ābols wrote:

With the CSO's reluctant reply, Henriks scrawled up a quick message to the Captain, explaining the situation as little as possible while still stressing the urgency of it all. Once sent, he turned back to the two blueshirts before him, reaching for a medkit as he said, "Let's be off to the holodeck then." The sooner the better. He did not look of how the Vulcan was shuddering, as well as what seemed to be a struggle to control the intense emotions that she must be feeling.

[Holodeck Three]

Selva glanced around the gridded walls of the holodeck, her mind wandering along those lines of yellow, stark against the gunmetal grey.  Idly, she began to count intersections of lines, and the small squares that they made, one, two, three...

It was an odd thing indeed for a Vulcan to find that she no longer could remember what came after three.

"Doctor Abols..." Selva said, her voice low and intense as the smoulder in her dark brown eyes.  She looked up over from the wall to him, her animal senses heightened by adrenalilne, her nasal passages open for the intake of more oxygen, smelling the scent of him, of the cleaning product he had used earlier in the morning, the pheromones of his mate, who was pregnant (should she congratulate her?  Was that what humans did?)  Was that what her future held?  Pregnancy, bringing a child into the world?  Would her parents be disappointed that her pon farr had begun early?  

Closing her eyes, Selva breathed in, her entire core seeming to shake.  "You should...perhaps...leave the area.  If your program is ready, that is."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia followed Gabe closely as they approached the observation lounge. "Why thank you sir. And yes, I'm looking forward to some peace and quiet." Julia laughed as the door swung open. She quickly removed the smirk from her face and nodded to acknowledge Arch, Captain Salek and the tellarite. Tellarite... Really. She has to be a tellarite. Julia had had some experience with Tellarites when she worked on a research station. A group of Tellarites used the station as shelter from a plasma storm. And it made for an interesting few days. She had never met a species so argumentative and rude. She sat across from this science officer bracing herself for the worst.

[Observation Lounge]

"Nice to meet you," Gabriel lied, as the officers from the April entered the room. He noted with some amusement the somewhat-gallows look on Julia's face, likely from the prospect of having to work with a Tellarite. Though a species vital in the history of the Federation, the Tellarites tended to stick to themselves. Mainly because nobody could stand to work with them. He did think back, though, to one Tellarite in particular that he'd served with in the Engineering department of a past ship...a Lieutenant Glizza. She'd been downright personable, even flirtatious at times. Perhaps there was hope for poor Julia, after all.

And then Xarna opened her mouth.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Lt. Commander Xarna

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

It was difficult to keep the smile from her face as Archangel stepped into the observation lounge and spotted Gabriel.  

"Captain, my first officer, Commander Arthur, and my acting chief science officer, Lieutenant Rellek.  Officers, Captain Salek and Lieutenant Xanra."

[Observation Lounge]

Captain Salek nodded to the gathered officers. "Lieutenant Rellek. Commander Arthur. Captain T'Koris' husband, I presume?" His tone left it open to interpretation just what he thought of that arrangement, although...it wasn't that difficult of an interpretation. He wondered, however, if Xarna would miss the fact that T'Koris had named her as the wrong rank.

Science Officers rarely missed anything.

"Lieutenant Commander Xarna," the Tellarite said, her expression as grouchy as the tone of her voice. "Not that anyone's counting." The diminutive woman stalked over closer to Rellek, taking out her padd and ticking through notes. "Acting CSO, huh? I hope you know your stuff, otherwise there wouldn't have been any reason for me to not have just done this over subspace."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 8:08 pm

NPC wrote:
Lieutenant Selva

[Holodeck Three]

Selva glanced around the gridded walls of the holodeck, her mind wandering along those lines of yellow, stark against the gunmetal grey.  Idly, she began to count intersections of lines, and the small squares that they made, one, two, three...

It was an odd thing indeed for a Vulcan to find that she no longer could remember what came after three.

"Doctor Abols..." Selva said, her voice low and intense as the smoulder in her dark brown eyes.  She looked up over from the wall to him, her animal senses heightened by adrenalilne, her nasal passages open for the intake of more oxygen, smelling the scent of him, of the cleaning product he had used earlier in the morning, the pheromones of his mate, who was pregnant (should she congratulate her?  Was that what humans did?)  Was that what her future held?  Pregnancy, bringing a child into the world?  Would her parents be disappointed that her pon farr had begun early?  

Closing her eyes, Selva breathed in, her entire core seeming to shake.  "You should...perhaps...leave the area.  If your program is ready, that is."

Thelos had followed behind the Vulcan and the CMO, tricorder in hand and stoutly concerned expression plastering his face. The readings didn't lie, and neither did Selva's behavior- there was a metaphorical floodgate that was about to burst in terms of the science officer's biochemistry... and he knew being around her when that happened would be very unwise.

Finding a program for Selva hadn't been all that difficult- there was a plethora of available data from which to build a pseudo-mate for the Vulcan. They even had blond hair.

"It seems about in order... you can activate the program as soon as we leave..." The Andorian glanced at Henriks with a very urgent 'we should leave now' expression.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 10:48 pm

NPC wrote:
Lt. Commander Xarna

[Observation Lounge]

Captain Salek nodded to the gathered officers.  "Lieutenant Rellek.  Commander Arthur.  Captain T'Koris' husband, I presume?"  His tone left it open to interpretation just what he thought of that arrangement, although...it wasn't that difficult of an interpretation.  He wondered, however, if Xarna would miss the fact that T'Koris had named her as the wrong rank.

Science Officers rarely missed anything.

"Lieutenant Commander Xarna," the Tellarite said, her expression as grouchy as the tone of her voice.  "Not that anyone's counting."  The diminutive woman stalked over closer to Rellek, taking out her padd and ticking through notes.  "Acting CSO, huh?  I hope you know your stuff, otherwise there wouldn't have been any reason for me to not have just done this over subspace."

Julia glared as the Tellarite questioned her competence. "Well Lieutenant... Oh my apologies. Lieutenant Commander... I'm certain you will find me to be a capable officer." Julia paused for a moment. She knew that she would need to win the favor of the Tellarite if they were to have any chance of working well together. "After all, Commander while you've been out, gallivanting around the galaxy, I've been doing real research. You know being a real scientist. Postulating the origins of the universe." Julia smirked as she glared to the Tellarite.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 4:00 am

Archangel mentally kicked herself as she realised that she had gotten the Tellarite's rank wrong, but refrained from actually letting anything show on her face. She was going to have to be,very careful with her emotions if she wanted to get through this with the minimum of carnage.

"My apologies, Commander Xarna," she said formally, but her hackles were already up at the tone of voice he had used to address Gabriel, her posture becoming a little more rigid and forced as she fought not to smash this arrogant, self assured Vulcan's face in... Again.

The apparent tension already building between Lieutenant Rellek and Commander Xarna was certainly not doing her blood pressure any favour and she glanced at them, hoping that she would be able to form some kind of working relationship with the Tellarite. Her gaze then flicked to Gabriel, looking for his reaction to their guests.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 5:04 pm

Lt. Commander Xarna

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia glared as the Tellarite questioned her competence. "Well Lieutenant... Oh my apologies. Lieutenant Commander... I'm certain you will find me to be a capable officer." Julia paused for a moment. She knew that she would need to win the favor of the Tellarite if they were to have any chance of working well together. "After all, Commander while you've been out, gallivanting around the galaxy, I've been doing real research. You know being a real scientist. Postulating the origins of the universe." Julia smirked as she glared to the Tellarite.  

[Observation Lounge]

Turning to Archangel, Xarna gave the most perfunctory of nods, curt and quick, in acknowledgement of the captain correcting her mistake. She turned back to Rellek, holding a padd up. "I imagine you're capable enough to fill in for an emergency, but you are untested as a Chief Science Officer. Which, as you may know, involves much...gallivanting. Here," the Tellarite growled. "This padd is open for data transfer download. We will share information, and see what you missed."

Inwardly, Xarna smiled. Apparently, Rellk had either dealt with Tellarites before, or she had a spine. Either way, it was a hopeful sigh. Her blunt features crinkled in thought, already ignoring both captains and Commander Arthur. She was in her element, now.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 1:22 am

NPC wrote:
Lt. Commander Xarna

[Observation Lounge]

Turning to Archangel, Xarna gave the most perfunctory of nods, curt and quick, in acknowledgement of the captain correcting her mistake.  She turned back to Rellek, holding a padd up.  "I imagine you're capable enough to fill in for an emergency, but you are untested as a Chief Science Officer.  Which, as you may know, involves much...gallivanting.  Here," the Tellarite growled.  "This padd is open for data transfer download.  We will share information, and see what you missed."

Inwardly, Xarna smiled.  Apparently, Rellk had either dealt with Tellarites before, or she had a spine.  Either way, it was a hopeful sigh.  Her blunt features crinkled in thought, already ignoring both captains and Commander Arthur.  She was in her element, now.

The young Lieutenant was pleased with Xarna's reaction. She knew that the fact that she had honed in on insulting her meant that Xarna liked her. Tallarites? If you can't beat 'em you may as well join in on the fun. Julia thought as a slight smirk kept onto her face. "Well Commander." Julia began. "I may be a mere acting Science Officer but I assure you. You will find my scans and analysis to be both complete and accurate. I would be more then happy to have a second opinion. Even if that second opinions smells of a Tarcalion Dog..." Julia was worried that she had gone too far but Xarna's reaction would be the judge of that.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 10:41 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos had followed behind the Vulcan and the CMO, tricorder in hand and stoutly concerned expression plastering his face. The readings didn't lie, and neither did Selva's behavior- there was a metaphorical floodgate that was about to burst in terms of the science officer's biochemistry... and he knew being around her when that happened would be very unwise.

Finding a program for Selva hadn't been all that difficult- there was a plethora of available data from which to build a pseudo-mate for the Vulcan. They even had blond hair.

"It seems about in order... you can activate the program as soon as we leave..." The Andorian glanced at Henriks with a very urgent 'we should leave now' expression.

[Holodeck 3]

Henriks took a few last readings as Thelos readied the holodeck program, taking special note of the science officers change in behavior. When she asked them to leave, Henriks gave a brief nod in reply, though he almost wished he could stay. He wanted to monitor her biochemistry, to be on hand should anything go awry, but any such notions vanished when he saw the look on Thelos' face. Turning back to Selva, Henriks said, "Call us if you need. We won't be far." Not that they could go far on a starship. That said, Henriks began to make his way to leave.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 7:43 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Archangel mentally kicked herself as she realised that she had gotten the Tellarite's rank wrong, but refrained from actually letting anything show on her face.  She was going to have to be,very careful with her emotions if she wanted to get through this with the minimum of carnage.

"My apologies, Commander Xarna," she said formally, but her hackles were already up at the tone of voice he had used to address Gabriel, her posture becoming a little more rigid and forced as she fought not to smash this arrogant, self assured Vulcan's face in... Again.

The apparent tension already building between Lieutenant Rellek and Commander Xarna was certainly not doing her blood pressure any favour and she glanced at them, hoping that she would be able to form some kind of working relationship with the Tellarite.  Her gaze then flicked to Gabriel, looking for his reaction to their guests.

[Observation Lounge]

The urge to sigh and roll his eyes made a valiant sortie against Gabriel's sense of officerly duty, but he managed to hold firm. Barely. Lots of casualties.

Instead, he nodded graciously to their guests, hiding a chuckle at the prickly nature of the Tellarite. If anyone was going to be a stickler for their rank (and pick a fight over it), it was likely one of them. More concerning, however, was the slow-boiling expression that Archangel was masking so well. If he didn't know her any better, he'd assume she was all-too-pleased to be hosting Captain Salek...and not fantasizing about de-Gaussing the transporter pads with the man's face.

"Uh. Perhaps we should leave our Sciences crew to it, and head for the conference room? I'm sure they've got plenty to keep themselves occupied with..."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 7:59 am

Lt. Commander Xarna

Julia Rellek wrote:

The young Lieutenant was pleased with Xarna's reaction. She knew that the fact that she had honed in on insulting her meant that Xarna liked her. Tallarites? If you can't beat 'em you may as well join in on the fun. Julia thought as a slight smirk kept onto her face. "Well Commander." Julia began. "I may be a mere acting Science Officer but I assure you. You will find my scans and analysis to be both complete and accurate. I would be more then happy to have a second opinion. Even if that second opinions smells of a Tarcalion Dog..." Julia was worried that she had gone too far but Xarna's reaction would be the judge of that.

[Observation Lounge]

Xarna quirked a thick eyebrow, rolling her porcine eyes and shaking her head.  "I suppose we'll see what you...act like.  Though, if you're smelling Tarkalean dog, I suggest you scrub your upper lip better."  

The Tellarite nodded curtly at Commander Arthur, hefting her padd once again.  "Yes.  I am eager to go over the data.  Of course, I will also be willing to help you correct any mistakes."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 8:05 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Observation Lounge]

The urge to sigh and roll his eyes made a valiant sortie against Gabriel's sense of officerly duty, but he managed to hold firm.  Barely.  Lots of casualties.  

Instead, he nodded graciously to their guests, hiding a chuckle at the prickly nature of the Tellarite.  If anyone was going to be a stickler for their rank (and pick a fight over it), it was likely one of them.  More concerning, however, was the slow-boiling expression that Archangel was masking so well.  If he didn't know her any better, he'd assume she was all-too-pleased to be hosting Captain Salek...and not fantasizing about de-Gaussing the transporter pads with the man's face.

"Uh.  Perhaps we should leave our Sciences crew to it, and head for the conference room?  I'm sure they've got plenty to keep themselves occupied with..."

NPC wrote:
Xarna quirked a thick eyebrow, rolling her porcine eyes and shaking her head. "I suppose we'll see what you...act like. Though, if you're smelling Tarcalion dog, I suggest you scrub your upper lip better."

The Tellarite nodded curtly at Commander Arthur, hefting her padd once again. "Yes. I am eager to go over the data. Of course, I will also be willing to help you correct any mistakes."

[Observation Lounge]

"Yes, that sounds like a good idea," Archangel replied to her first officer, quietly relieved that he had come up with it.  She refrained from glaring at the Tellarite as she threw the data that Lieuenant Rellek had gathered into doubt.  The young officer was going to have to learn to stand up for her own knowledge and information in this career.  Turning her attention to Rellek, the Romulan nodded once.

"Use all the resources you need, Lieutenant.  If you have any problems with authorisation, let me know."  Looking back to Gabriel and their other unfortunate guest, she gestured with one arm to the door.  "Shall we?"
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 8:24 am

Lieutenant Selva

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Henriks took a few last readings as Thelos readied the holodeck program, taking special note of the science officers change in behavior. When she asked them to leave, Henriks gave a brief nod in reply, though he almost wished he could stay. He wanted to monitor her biochemistry, to be on hand should anything go awry, but any such notions vanished when he saw the look on Thelos' face. Turning back to Selva, Henriks said, "Call us if you need. We won't be far." Not that they could go far on a starship. That said, Henriks began to make his way to leave.

[Holodeck]

Touching the tips of her fingers together, Selva barely acknowledged Henriks and Thelos taking their leave. If she did look at them, she feared what may befall them. They were both able doctors, with ample intelligence, their attractive qualities different from one another, but nonetheless...

The Vulcan froze, a wash of hyper-emotional terror forcing the inappropriate thoughts out of her plak tow-addled mind. This was no time at all to be musing at what was surely the rippling play of muscle beneath the doctors' uniform tunics.

By the moons of Nibia! she swore. Slowly, the Vulcan turned to the departing pair. "Th-thank...thank you. You...your partners," she said, her voice strained and distant-sounding. "They are...f-fortunate. To have someone like you in their lives. You should leave, now."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:39 pm

NPC wrote:
Lt. Commander Xarna

[Observation Lounge]

Xarna quirked a thick eyebrow, rolling her porcine eyes and shaking her head.  "I suppose we'll see what you...act like.  Though, if you're smelling Tarkalean dog, I suggest you scrub your upper lip better."  

The Tellarite nodded curtly at Commander Arthur, hefting her padd once again.  "Yes.  I am eager to go over the data.  Of course, I will also be willing to help you correct any mistakes."

Archangel t'koris wrote:
"Use all the resources you need, Lieutenant. If you have any problems with authorisation, let me know." Looking back to Gabriel and their other unfortunate guest, she gestured with one arm to the door. "Shall we?"

Julia shot a quick look to Xarna. "I look forward to reviewing the data with you." She then turned her attention to Captain T'Koris. "Aye Captain. We'll get to work right away."

Julia knew that Xarna was a capable officer and she was looking forward to working with her for that reason. Trading jabs and insults was purely for show. She needed Xarna on her good side. "Commander, if you don't mind, I moved all of the data from Stellar Cartography to the science station on the bridge. I figured it would be easier to work there." Julia stood up and gestured to the door. "Would you care to join me Commander?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 6:55 am

[Sickbay]

Chira strolled through sickbay, peeking into each of the workstations, somewhat-bewildered as to why things seemed so quiet and empty. She'd heard word of a disturbance of some kind, primarily involving their Vulcan science officer, but as of yet she couldn't find her husband or Thelos to ask them. The Vulcan, Selva, didn't seem to be around, either. Perhaps they'd had to have taken her into quarantine? Chira hoped that it wasn't something that serious.

She turned a corner, idly wondering if she could find Zero, when she stopped up short, nearly dropping the data padd that rested in the crook of her arm. All her training, let alone all her experience working in space, had taught her not to be surprised by other species, and especially not to pre-judge them. However, the sudden appearance of a walking...snake person? in sickbay just wasn't something you saw every day.

"Oh! Hullo, you startled me...my mind was running at warp 10 in the opposite direction. You must be new here?" Chira beamed a small smile to the ophidian-looking fellow, holding out her hand. "I'm Chira Abols, ship's counselor."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next