Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!

Go down 
+10
Ilana Telak
NPC
Archangel T'Koris
Henriks Ābols
Pepper Wilson
Gabriel Arthur
Kintiss
Chira Abols
Tufezr Nefen
Thelos th'Zhela
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tufezr Nefen
Ensign
Ensign

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 3:02 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

[Main Engineering]

Sixteen? How does he even keep that straight? She thought to herself as he spoke and she continued to work on the power coupling. "Its amazing how much influence the Symbiont can have. I am the 8th host for Katz. Not all the hosts were engineers but I do have one Warp Engine Designer and another who was a Starship Designer. Truth be told, I didn't plan on joining Starfleet until joining."

Tufezr listened and nodded, watching her work on the power coupling. Well, her elbows anyway, since all he could see of her was from the stomach down. "It is indeed, my Symbiont prefers for it's name to not be known, but it does find you to be an agreeable personality. I myself find you to be a fine Engineer, with a real knack for creative thinking, rather than confining yourself to the ordinary and typical."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 6:18 pm

Tufezr Nefen wrote:

Tufezr listened and nodded, watching her work on the power coupling. Well, her elbows anyway, since all he could see of her was from the stomach down. "It is indeed, my Symbiont prefers for it's name to not be known, but it does find you to be an agreeable personality. I myself find you to be a fine Engineer, with a real knack for creative thinking, rather than confining yourself to the ordinary and typical."

[Main Engineering]

"Well thanks Tufezr. How so very..." Leela scrambled for a word. "...agreeable of you." Leela chuckled. He seemed to be such an odd individual to her. He seemed so stiff. She decided it was going to be her responsibility to loosen him up. Leela placed the cover back on the underside of the exposed console. "Alright, we're all done here." Leela said as she pushed herself out from under the console. She extended her hand to Tufezr requesting his assistance. "So tell me Ensign? Have you ever drank Vulcan liquor?"
Back to top Go down
Tufezr Nefen
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

[Main Engineering]

"Well thanks Tufezr. How so very..." Leela scrambled for a word. "...agreeable of you." Leela chuckled. He seemed to be such an odd individual to her. He seemed so stiff. She decided it was going to be her responsibility to loosen him up. Leela placed the cover back on the underside of the exposed console. "Alright, we're all done here." Leela said as she pushed herself out from under the console. She extended her hand to Tufezr requesting his assistance. "So tell me Ensign? Have you ever drank Vulcan liquor?"

Now, Tufezr wasn't exactly a strict person, nor was he some kind of anti-social busy body. But when it came time to work, he didn't know what else to be. He tried to be polite, to be someone you could talk to without feeling like his anti-socialness would rub off on you, but sometimes his attempt at a "let's get this done and talk later" attitude, tended to set people off. He was glad he hadn't been rude to Leela, and happily grasped her hand and carefully helped her out from underneath the console. "No, but I have heard of just how powerful it is."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 7:01 pm

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 Selva2_zpsclzjqqaz
Lieutenant Selva

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Henriks quickly read through the names, both brows going slightly upwards in surprise. Of the seven names listed, only three were really available. And Thelos was one of them. He gave the medical officer a brief look, but didn't actually say anything. "Have you approached any of the other names on the list?" Henriks asked. "Is there any chance a hologram program would work?" he asked, after pausing for a moment, the Vulcan Tuvok coming to mind.

[Sickbay]

"No. You are the first to hear of this. And believe me," the Vulcan said, glancing around the room, "you would not be hearing it if I had other avenues available to me." The 'meditation pose' of her fingertips morphed into a 'rubbing the stress at the temples' kind of look - one that wasn't often found on Vulcans. Selva took the padd back, glancing at the glowing text as if it would spawn an answer for her. "A physical sating is not ideal, as most of these pairings are in relationships. I fear that they, and their partners, may see this in emotional terms, rather than logical ones."

Selva quirked an eyebrow at Henriks as he mentioned a hologram. "It may, though what is truly needed is the telepathic bond of mating. However...it may hold the urge at bay long enough for our next stopover. Then again..." she shrugged. "It may exacerbate the need."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 11:24 pm

Tufezr Nefen wrote:

Now, Tufezr wasn't exactly a strict person, nor was he some kind of anti-social busy body. But when it came time to work, he didn't know what else to be. He tried to be polite, to be someone you could talk to without feeling like his anti-socialness would rub off on you, but sometimes his attempt at a "let's get this done and talk later" attitude, tended to set people off. He was glad he hadn't been rude to Leela, and happily grasped her hand and carefully helped her out from underneath the console. "No, but I have heard of just how powerful it is."

[Main Engineering]

Leela stood up and looked to Tufezr. "Thanks. I'll introduce you to Vulcan Brandy sometime." She chuckled and gave him a light slap on the shoulder. "You'll love it. Just make sure your off duty the next day. My last host was a diplomat on Vulcan for decades. He grew to love them and I feel like I have gained an interesting insight into their mysterious ways." She paused. "Like their liquor... Its something else." Leela want to make friends with Tufezr. He was the one bit of home millions of miles away.
Back to top Go down
Tufezr Nefen
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 6:11 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

[Main Engineering]

Leela stood up and looked to Tufezr. "Thanks. I'll introduce you to Vulcan Brandy sometime." She chuckled and gave him a light slap on the shoulder. "You'll love it. Just make sure your off duty the next day. My last host was a diplomat on Vulcan for decades. He grew to love them and I feel like I have gained an interesting insight into their mysterious ways." She paused. "Like their liquor... Its something else." Leela want to make friends with Tufezr. He was the one bit of home millions of miles away.

Tufezr was startled by the slap on the shoulder, but after a moment of thought he realized it was merely a social thing, and he relaxed. Sometimes things weren't the same as interacting with the Captain's daughter or being in a room full of Engineering students back on Trilius Prime. He had heard of alcohol and synthehol's many inhibiting effects, but needing a whole day of off duty time afterwards? That set his guard way up, and though he smiled politely he had no intention of taking Leela up on her offer. "I appreciate that, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline the drinks. I'll gladly spend any amount of time that the both of us can spare with you, as you seem to be a good sort, but I'm not quite as confident as you are with my ability to 'hold my liquor'."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 10:28 pm

Tufezr Nefen wrote:

Tufezr was startled by the slap on the shoulder, but after a moment of thought he realized it was merely a social thing, and he relaxed. Sometimes things weren't the same as interacting with the Captain's daughter or being in a room full of Engineering students back on Trilius Prime. He had heard of alcohol and synthehol's many inhibiting effects, but needing a whole day of off duty time afterwards? That set his guard way up, and though he smiled politely he had no intention of taking Leela up on her offer. "I appreciate that, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to decline the drinks. I'll gladly spend any amount of time that the both of us can spare with you, as you seem to be a good sort, but I'm not quite as confident as you are with my ability to 'hold my liquor'."

Leela looked to Tufezr. Oh my gosh, loosen up. Leela thought. "I'll have to take you up on that. How about dinner sometime?" Leela paused. "We can skip the wine." She was interested to get to know him and learn a little about his symbiont. The experiences are always so different. She loves getting to talk to other joined Trills. The experience had changed her so much. She always found it fascinating to she those experiences.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 2:26 am

NPC wrote:
Lieutenant Selva

[Sickbay]

"No.  You are the first to hear of this.  And believe me," the Vulcan said, glancing around the room, "you would not be hearing it if I had other avenues available to me."  The 'meditation pose' of her fingertips morphed into a 'rubbing the stress at the temples' kind of look - one that wasn't often found on Vulcans.  Selva took the padd back, glancing at the glowing text as if it would spawn an answer for her.  "A physical sating is not ideal, as most of these pairings are in relationships.  I fear that they, and their partners, may see this in emotional terms, rather than logical ones."

Selva quirked an eyebrow at Henriks as he mentioned a hologram.  "It may, though what is truly needed is the telepathic bond of mating.  However...it may hold the urge at bay long enough for our next stopover.  Then again..." she shrugged.  "It may exacerbate the need."

[Sickbay]

Thelos wracked his brain for any possible ideas on how to handle this situation that hadn't already been brought up. Unfortunately, while he knew enough about Pon Farr to carry him this far, he wasn't sure how much longer his knowledge went. Henrik's idea of a hologram... well, it could work- when again, it hadn't really been effective in some cases, and Selva was right- it could make it worse.

"Unfortunately, most people would see it in an emotional light. I suppose you could try your luck with the single members on your list, but even then, there's no guarantee that they'll agree, and no guarantee that it will solve your problem." The Andorian doctor thought a bit more. "I know there's a combat option- though the details are a bit lost on me... but would finding someone to engage in that combat with be easier to find than a suitable mate?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 7:50 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Hrm," Gabriel grinned, slipping into the secondary chair.  "Fair enough...and being berated by the full lexicon of Vulcan terms of disappointment might take more time than we've got..."

An inter-departmental message came through to Gabriel's padd, and he opened it.  The message pertained to one Julia Rellek, their newly-promoted Lieutenant jay-gee.  "Interesting," he murmured, seeing that Archangel had received the very same.  Gabriel got up again, sidling over to the Sciences station.  "Some news, Julia," he said, showing her the padd.  "It seems that Lieutenant Selva has placed herself on immediate medical leave, pending the CMO's approval...that makes you acting Science Officer for now."  He smiled, placing a hand on the young girl's shoulder.  "I know you'll knock it out of the park."

Julia Rellek wrote:
"Aye sir. Thank you for your support. I will commit my best to you. Please send my regards to Lieutenant Selva. I wish her a speedy recovery." Julia said. Chief Science Officer. I'll be damned. Julia was apprehensive but excited at the same time. Although the circumstances were sad. She was genuinely concerned for Selva's well being, however, her CO wouldn't care to know that. Deep down Julia knew she could execute this assignment and she was ready to take it on.

[Bridge]

Archangel offered their temporary Chief Science Officer a reassuring smile after scanning the message on her PADD. Having to fill in the Vulcan's shoes was likely to be a challenging task, but the young woman had proven herself to be hard-working and intelligent. The Romulan was fairly sure that it wouldn't be all that long before Lieutenant JG Rellek was taking on the post of Chief Science Officer on a permanent basis.

"You'll do fine, Lieutenant. Think of it as a learning experience for your next promotion."

She felt a measure of concern over the sudden removal of Lieutenant Selva from duty though and made a mental note to get in touch with sickbay to find out why. Vulcans were so private in all their affairs that they very rarely ever went to sickbay with their concerns.

Looking up as she heard the officer at ops report an acknowledgement of their message to the April, Archangel nodded to him before looking back at Gabriel.

"Well, put on your best diplomatic face, Commander. We'll be rendez-vousing with Captain Salek within ten minutes, I expect."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 1:17 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel offered their temporary Chief Science Officer a reassuring smile after scanning the message on her PADD.  Having to fill in the Vulcan's shoes was likely to be a challenging task, but the young woman had proven herself to be hard-working and intelligent.  The Romulan was fairly sure that it wouldn't be all that long before Lieutenant JG Rellek was taking on the post of Chief Science Officer on a permanent basis.

"You'll do fine, Lieutenant.  Think of it as a learning experience for your next promotion."

She felt a measure of concern over the sudden removal of Lieutenant Selva from duty though and made a mental note to get in touch with sickbay to find out why.  Vulcans were so private in all their affairs that they very rarely ever went to sickbay with their concerns.  

Looking up as she heard the officer at ops report an acknowledgement of their message to the April, Archangel nodded to him before looking back at Gabriel.

"Well, put on your best diplomatic face, Commander.  We'll be rendez-vousing with Captain Salek within ten minutes, I expect."

[Bridge]

Gabriel's heart went out to the young science officer, having responsibility thrown onto her like that. He remembered well the first time that he'd been handed the stead of Main Engineering, as a newly-minted Ensign that had ridden mustang up from Maintenance Tech. It had been Archangel's job, then, but she'd been injured...and he had to balance a crisis situation with keeping Seika safe. Not much unlike the way things are now, he thought. The uniforms were different, and he was in a relationship that he'd never dreamed was possible at that time...but, yeah.

"This is my diplomatic face," he deadpanned, flopping down in the chair. Gabe knew very well that Command Officers should not flop, but...Salek. Why did it have to be *Salek*?
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 1:55 pm

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 Excelsior_zpsb4b051af

[USS Robert April, Excelsior-class refit]

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 Salek2_zpststt2bts
Captain Salek

"Minus thirteen minutes to rendezvous point, captain," Lieutenant Orix reported, the Triexian's wedge-like head turning to Salek.  Nodding, the captain stood from his center seat and idly wandered toward the conn.  Although, the Vulcan made even wandering seem to be done with a precise purpose.  "Acknowledged, Lieutenant," Salek said, his tone even and measured, with a quality of softness that made people often strain to hear what he said.  Some claimed that he did that on purpose, as a small bit of psychological warfare.  What people did not want to see, of course, was when he raised that voice.  Wet-eared ensigns quailed at the thought.

The minutes passed...well, as minutes.  What else could they be, to someone with an near-eidetic memory and perfect sense of time?  Soon, the image of the USS Phoenix filled the viewer.  Nebulas were some of the finest ships in the line, even with Starfleet's propensity toward warships, given the late conflict.  How, then, he wondered, had such a powerful vessel come under the command of such an inexperienced whelp like Archangel T'Koris?  Was Starfleet so desperate for the public relations coup of having a Romulan commanding officer, hybrid she may be?  Likely.  It was only logical, he supposed, since relations to his erstwhile cousins were thawing.

Salek nodded crisply to the Triexian.  "Very well, Orix.  Hail them.  Let us see what Captain T'Koris has been...up to."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 2:46 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

Archangel offered their temporary Chief Science Officer a reassuring smile after scanning the message on her PADD.  Having to fill in the Vulcan's shoes was likely to be a challenging task, but the young woman had proven herself to be hard-working and intelligent.  The Romulan was fairly sure that it wouldn't be all that long before Lieutenant JG Rellek was taking on the post of Chief Science Officer on a permanent basis.

"You'll do fine, Lieutenant.  Think of it as a learning experience for your next promotion."

Julia smiled and nodded towards her Captain. "Aye Captain. I'll look at it as training. Thank you ma'am." Learning experience, learning experience. The words kept revolving around and around in her mind. I guess we'll be learning on the fly. She thought as a slight smile kept onto her face. Julia new she could execute the role she was more worried about the social implications of this decision. Gavin had worked hard and done everything right. She was worried that her choice over him would cause friction. She hoped that wouldn't be the case but sometimes things change when a friend has to refer to you as sir. In that moment it hit Julia. That means I have a team. Up to this point she had lead little more then small research teams or a few crewmembers in stellar cartography. In one swift move by her Captain she now had dozens of officers under her leadership. Lab assistants, stellar cartographers, sensor analyst and several others.

She had worried in the beginning that life on a starship wasn't for her. Julia had grown accustomed to quiet and predictable research facilities. The more she learned about it over the previous weeks the more she learned that this just may be a strong fit for her after all. This had become exciting and challenging. Everyday seemed to bring something new. This was slowly becoming home and Julia was okay with that.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 5:37 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"This is my diplomatic face," he deadpanned, flopping down in the chair.  Gabe knew very well that Command Officers should not flop, but...Salek.  Why did it have to be *Salek*?

[Bridge]

Archangel turned an amused expression to her first officer as he flopped down in the chair to her right. She couldn't blame him for his reactions toward the Vulcan captain. Although she wasn't sure whether Gabriel had looked deep enough into her personnel files to look at her Academy records and her little… altercation with the other captain, but the Vulcan had a tendency to get people's backs up, even amongst his own kind. Given the choice, she would rather have worked with any other captain in the Fleet other than Salek, the pompous, overbearing, arrogant little…

Captain Salek wrote:
Salek nodded crisply to the Triexian. "Very well, Orix. Hail them. Let us see what Captain T'Koris has been...up to."

Her train of thought was disrupted by an officer reporting that the April was hailing them. Putting her own diplomatic face on, she asked him to open a channel before getting back to her feet, offering the Vulcan on the screen a faint smile.

"Captain Salek, my apologies for having to change the coordinates, but I'm sure that you can understand why," she said, knowing that his own science officer would have picked up on the supernova.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 8:46 am

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 Salek2_zpststt2bts
Captain Salek

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Her train of thought was disrupted by an officer reporting that the April was hailing them.  Putting her own diplomatic face on, she asked him to open a channel before getting back to her feet, offering the Vulcan on the screen a faint smile.

"Captain Salek, my apologies for having to change the coordinates, but I'm sure that you can understand why," she said, knowing that his own science officer would have picked up on the supernova.

[USS April - Bridge]

Ah. And there she is, Salek thought, his face as impassive as it usually was. T'Koris' first officer was also in the picture, looking as if he'd rather be anywhere else. The girl had gone and married that man...and whoever in Starfleet had signed off on a married command team...well. Needless to say, it would not have happened on a Vulcan vessel. Romantic notions and logical decision making were not bedfellows.

"Captain T'Koris. It is not an insignificant event to which we may bear witness, so the course modification is understandable." Now came the difficult part...the diplomacy. "If you will have me, myself and my Science Officer will transport over to confer on the readings." He'd rather attend a Romulan orgy, but some concessions were called for in the line of duty.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 9:06 am

NPC wrote:
[USS April - Bridge]

Ah.  And there she is, Salek thought, his face as impassive as it usually was.  T'Koris' first officer was also in the picture, looking as if he'd rather be anywhere else.  The girl had gone and married that man...and whoever in Starfleet had signed off on a married command team...well.  Needless to say, it would not have happened on a Vulcan vessel.  Romantic notions and logical decision making were not bedfellows.

"Captain T'Koris.  It is not an insignificant event to which we may bear witness, so the course modification is understandable."  Now came the difficult part...the diplomacy.  "If you will have me, myself and my Science Officer will transport over to confer on the readings."  He'd rather attend a Romulan orgy, but some concessions were called for in the line of duty.

[USS Phoenix - Bridge]

The amount of time Archangel would rather have gone not hearing that irritating voice of Salek's was infinite, but she had to work with the Vulcan, and work she would, despite the lukewarm reception she was sensing from him. Unfortunately, that brought out the rebellious teenager in her, something that she had to stamp down on. This was not the time.

"Of course, Captain. I'll have my officers send the coordinates through and will meet you in the transporter room," she said, nodding to the operations officer to do so. "I will see you shortly."

Cutting the transmission, she turned to Gabriel and Lieutenant Rellek. "If you two head for the observation lounge, I'll bring Captain Salek and his science officer up."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 9:48 am

Lieutenant Selva

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos wracked his brain for any possible ideas on how to handle this situation that hadn't already been brought up. Unfortunately, while he knew enough about Pon Farr to carry him this far, he wasn't sure how much longer his knowledge went. Henrik's idea of a hologram... well, it could work- when again, it hadn't really been effective in some cases, and Selva was right- it could make it worse.

"Unfortunately, most people would see it in an emotional light. I suppose you could try your luck with the single members on your list, but even then, there's no guarantee that they'll agree, and no guarantee that it will solve your problem." The Andorian doctor thought a bit more. "I know there's a combat option- though the details are a bit lost on me... but would finding someone to engage in that combat with be easier to find than a suitable mate?"

[Sickbay]

An eyebrow shot up archly, the outward display of surprise a testament to the beginning stages of plak tow. Selva usually wouldn't let herself go like that. "I see Starfleet Medical's knowledge of our intimate shame has improved over the centuries," she said, softly and under her breath. "You are correct," Selva continued, looking back up at the Andorian. "There is a combat option, though it is usually a ceremonial challenge between males. I am unsure if it would work for me."

Selva glanced down at her hands, which were starting to shake involuntarily. "It is...also...to the death. Traditionally."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 10:47 am

NPC wrote:

Selva quirked an eyebrow at Henriks as he mentioned a hologram. "It may, though what is truly needed is the telepathic bond of mating. However...it may hold the urge at bay long enough for our next stopover. Then again..." she shrugged. "It may exacerbate the need."
Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

NPC wrote:

An eyebrow shot up archly, the outward display of surprise a testament to the beginning stages of plak tow. Selva usually wouldn't let herself go like that. "I see Starfleet Medical's knowledge of our intimate shame has improved over the centuries," she said, softly and under her breath. "You are correct," Selva continued, looking back up at the Andorian. "There is a combat option, though it is usually a ceremonial challenge between males. I am unsure if it would work for me."

Selva glanced down at her hands, which were starting to shake involuntarily. "It is...also...to the death. Traditionally."

[Sickbay]

Henriks barely resisted the urge to run a hand through his hair, something he often did without thinking when he was trying to think. The Chief Science Officer was in quite the pickle and wasn't giving them many options, if any, for them to help her get through it safely. Had she come to them sooner, there would be a lot more that could be done. But who knew how much time was left to them before they reached the point of no return.

A hologram program was all but out, most of her list probably wouldn't be suitable, and now Thelos made the suggestion of combat. But that idea quickly met the same fate. A fight to the death would not be acceptable. Perhaps they could fake the death of her opponent, like when Spock fought Kirk. Henriks didn't voice this thought. If Selva heard, then a fake death wouldn't be possible. They probably wouldn't do it anyway.

The Vulcan's hands had started to shake. Henriks pulled out a medkit, rooting around for something particular. "Would a hologram be suitable until we can make contact with other Vulcans?"
Back to top Go down
Tufezr Nefen
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela looked to Tufezr. Oh my gosh, loosen up. Leela thought. "I'll have to take you up on that. How about dinner sometime?" Leela paused. "We can skip the wine." She was interested to get to know him and learn a little about his symbiont. The experiences are always so different. She loves getting to talk to other joined Trills. The experience had changed her so much. She always found it fascinating to she those experiences.

Tufezr smiled in as friendly a way as he could, relaxing as visibly as possible without becoming lazy. He wasn't sure if this was what was called a 'date' among humans, but it certainly was starting to sound like it. Still, he could be misinterpreting the situation, and knowing that he simply hoped that he was wrong and that it was simply being friendly. Because he didn't know what to do if it was something else. "That sounds great, wherever and whenever you like."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 7:36 pm

Lieutenant Selva

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Henriks barely resisted the urge to run a hand through his hair, something he often did without thinking when he was trying to think. The Chief Science Officer was in quite the pickle and wasn't giving them many options, if any, for them to help her get through it safely. Had she come to them sooner, there would be a lot more that could be done. But who knew how much time was left to them before they reached the point of no return.

A hologram program was all but out, most of her list probably wouldn't be suitable, and now Thelos made the suggestion of combat. But that idea quickly met the same fate. A fight to the death would not be acceptable. Perhaps they could fake the death of her opponent, like when Spock fought Kirk. Henriks didn't voice this thought. If Selva heard, then a fake death wouldn't be possible. They probably wouldn't do it anyway.

The Vulcan's hands had started to shake. Henriks pulled out a medkit, rooting around for something particular. "Would a hologram be suitable until we can make contact with other Vulcans?"

[Sickbay]

"I share your frustration, Doctor Abols," Selva said. It seemed the appropriate thing to say, since the man was wearing that particular emotion in a manner that was plain for all to see. The Vulcan looked down at her own hands. They'd stopped their tremor, but she knew it would return. Soon, the blood fever would claim all her faculties. And there would be no going back. "A hologram may work, yes, and it may not...it is uncertain. What is certain, however, is what will happen if we try nothing. Proceed with the program."

Selva cast a furtive look around Sickbay, her voice dropping to a soft whisper. "I have always found blondes...agreeable."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 7:50 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The amount of time Archangel would rather have gone not hearing that irritating voice of Salek's was infinite, but she had to work with the Vulcan, and work she would, despite the lukewarm reception she was sensing from him.  Unfortunately, that brought out the rebellious teenager in her, something that she had to stamp down on.  This was not the time.

"Of course, Captain.  I'll have my officers send the coordinates through and will meet you in the transporter room," she said, nodding to the operations officer to do so.  "I will see you shortly."

Cutting the transmission, she turned to Gabriel and Lieutenant Rellek.  "If you two head for the observation lounge, I'll bring Captain Salek and his science officer up."

[Bridge]

Wish that jackass'd speak up, Gabriel thought, as he sprang up out of the XO's chair and fell in behind his wife. Apparently, Archangel and Salek had attended the Academy together, with the Vulcan being an upperclassman at the time. And, apparently, there had been some kind of altercation with him. Or something. Gabriel had only heard rumors, but he'd never asked her about it.

"Ready for some on-the-job training?" Gabriel asked Julia as they made their way to the turbolift. "At least his Science Officer likely ain't a Klingon." He laughed, thinking about the one stationed on the Athena.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 8:55 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Bridge]

"Ready for some on-the-job training?" Gabriel asked Julia as they made their way to the turbolift. "At least his Science Officer likely ain't a Klingon." He laughed, thinking about the one stationed on the Athena.

Julia followed Arthur as he made his way to the turbo lift. "On the job training? Is that what were calling it Commander?" Julia laughed as they stepped on the turbo lift. "I'm sure the science officer is lovely." Julia shot a smile to the Commander. In that moment Julia felt, for the first time, that she had made it to the inner circle of the command level officers. It felt like she had joined a private club.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 9:06 pm

Tufezr Nefen wrote:

Tufezr smiled in as friendly a way as he could, relaxing as visibly as possible without becoming lazy. He wasn't sure if this was what was called a 'date' among humans, but it certainly was starting to sound like it. Still, he could be misinterpreting the situation, and knowing that he simply hoped that he was wrong and that it was simply being friendly. Because he didn't know what to do if it was something else. "That sounds great, wherever and whenever you like."

[Main Engineering]

Leela smiled. It was slightly forced but it was a smile nonetheless. "Sounds like a plan. We'll set something up soon." She glanced at the engineering command console behind them and noted the time. "Times ticking Tufezr, we better get on those diagnostic reports Commander Arthur requested.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:31 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Wish that jackass'd speak up, Gabriel thought, as he sprang up out of the XO's chair and fell in behind his wife.  Apparently, Archangel and Salek had attended the Academy together, with the Vulcan being an upperclassman at the time.  And, apparently, there had been some kind of altercation with him.  Or something.  Gabriel had only heard rumors, but he'd never asked her about it.

"Ready for some on-the-job training?" Gabriel asked Julia as they made their way to the turbolift.  "At least his Science Officer likely ain't a Klingon."  He laughed, thinking about the one stationed on the Athena.

Julia Rellek wrote:
Julia followed Arthur as he made his way to the turbo lift. "On the job training? Is that what were calling it Commander?" Julia laughed as they stepped on the turbo lift. "I'm sure the science officer is lovely." Julia shot a smile to the Commander. In that moment Julia felt, for the first time, that she had made it to the inner circle of the command level officers. It felt like she had joined a private club.

[Turbolift]

Calling her destination to the computer as she stepped into the turbolift, Archangel observed Gabriel and one of their newer officers interacting, a faint smile on her face. She kept quiet, simply listening in. It was always good to just observe how potential senior officers interacted with the command team, and Gabriel was always a good person to start them off with rather than the somewhat more intimidating captain.

As the 'lift stopped on her deck, the Romulan inclined her head to the other two officers and stepped out.

[Transporter Room]

She greeted the transporter chief with a nod before turning to the pad, quietly dreading the Vulcan that was about to materialise there.

"Liaise with the April and energise when you're ready," she said, looking back over her shoulder at the Chief.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 10:55 am

NPC wrote:
Lieutenant Selva

[Sickbay]

"I share your frustration, Doctor Abols," Selva said.  It seemed the appropriate thing to say, since the man was wearing that particular emotion in a manner that was plain for all to see.  The Vulcan looked down at her own hands.  They'd stopped their tremor, but she knew it would return.  Soon, the blood fever would claim all her faculties.  And there would be no going back.  "A hologram may work, yes, and it may not...it is uncertain.  What is certain, however, is what will happen if we try nothing.  Proceed with the program."

Selva cast a furtive look around Sickbay, her voice dropping to a soft whisper.  "I have always found blondes...agreeable."

[Sickbay]

Henriks gave a brief nod in agreement. There wasn't a phenomenal chance that it would work, but the only thing that could be worse would be to do nothing. He hoped that they could calm it down enough to be able to get help from a better source. "The captain should be notified," Henriks said, though he would not do so without the Vulcan's ok. But if the captain could be notified, then perhaps they could reach out to other Vulcans. No one would know better than the captain if there were any in the area.

After jotting a few things down on his padd, Henriks looked back to Selva. "Ready?"
Back to top Go down
Tufezr Nefen
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 1:24 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

[Main Engineering]

Leela smiled. It was slightly forced but it was a smile nonetheless. "Sounds like a plan. We'll set something up soon." She glanced at the engineering command console behind them and noted the time. "Times ticking Tufezr, we better get on those diagnostic reports Commander Arthur requested.

Tufezr glanced over to where she had been looking and nodded, moving over to a different panel and tapping a few keys to begin the diagnostics. "Right, I think we can cut our time in half if you take the starboard reports and I take the port side. It won't look good for the two relatively new Engineering Ensigns to turn these reports in late." That, and then they'd be pulling more double shifts than was comfortable to think about, though he didn't mention these thoughts in the spirit of optimism.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next