Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!

Go down 
+10
Ilana Telak
NPC
Archangel T'Koris
Henriks Ābols
Pepper Wilson
Gabriel Arthur
Kintiss
Chira Abols
Tufezr Nefen
Thelos th'Zhela
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 7:08 am

NPC wrote:
[Bridge]

Xarna was not at all surprised to see the entire command delegation come strolling onto the bridge. If these readings were correct, of course.  If they were...well, it was a troubling thought, no doubt.  

The Tellarite gave a quick nod in greeting, appreciating T'Koris' apparent desire to get to the point at hand.  It reminded her of her own captain, who often only bloviated for effect.  "In compiling the results of the Phoenix's scans with our own, we have found enough of an anomalous reading to register on the third planet from our dying star.  It is possible that these readings may be caused by something living on said planet...though what that 'something' may be is too early to tell.  You have a small laceration on your hand," she finished, turning back to the console.

[Bridge]

The lacerated hand clenched tightly at Archangel's side in an effort to hide the cut. It was more of an annoyance than anything that pained her, but she was aware that any one of the officers on the bridge would pick up on it and insist that she get it seen to by a medic. She was more interested in these anomalous readings than she was in getting a small cut healed.

"Living? You're picking up life signs?" she clarified before pinching the bridge of her nose. Just what I didn't want after the fiasco with that colony. "Pull all the resources you need to confirm those readings. We'll need to know quickly if we need to do an evacuation. How long before the supernova takes the planet?"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 10:48 am

Chira Abols wrote:

After helping Kintiss set the bone, Chira glanced up as Henriks entered Sickbay, little Teodors trailing behind him.  She burst out into a happy grin, despite the situation.  Henriks Abols had that effect.  "Hello, Doctor Abols...we started the party without you."

[Sickbay]

Henriks grin returned slightly, a brow going up slightly as he surveyed the situation. "It seems you have," he commented. Everything was well under control, as it should be. From a quick glance and the snid bits of conversation he had walked into, he knew that it leg fracture and that repairs were almost complete. "Did I at least make it time for some cake?" he joked.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 12:33 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

The lacerated hand clenched tightly at Archangel's side in an effort to hide the cut.  It was more of an annoyance than anything that pained her, but she was aware that any one of the officers on the bridge would pick up on it and insist that she get it seen to by a medic.  She was more interested in these anomalous readings than she was in getting a small cut healed.

"Living?  You're picking up life signs?" she clarified before pinching the bridge of her nose.  Just what I didn't want after the fiasco with that colony.  "Pull all the resources you need to confirm those readings.  We'll need to know quickly if we need to do an evacuation.  How long before the supernova takes the planet?"

[Bridge]

"Well sir, I'm not sure if I would describe the reading as lifesigns. What were picking up is biomolecular matter that could be life. Its definitely some kind of life but the readings could be indicative to anything from bacteria to intelligent life. None the less, we only have 7 hours until that star collapses and we'll need to get in closer to take a look. To be honest sir I'm not interested in making any speculations until I see some kore conclusive data." Although the readings indicated life Julia wasn't quite ready to sound the alarm bells but on the inside she was worried.
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

After helping Kintiss set the bone, Chira glanced up as Henriks entered Sickbay, little Teodors trailing behind him.  She burst out into a happy grin, despite the situation.  Henriks Abols had that effect.  "Hello, Doctor Abols...we started the party without you."

Setting bones was unpleasant business, but a necessary practice. Besides, if Kintiss continuously complained about unpleasantness, he wouldn’t have lasted long in Starfleet Medical. Besides, after Meclanti, he could handle a broken tibia.

As he set about applying the dermal regenerator-osteo stim combo device to the wound, the Chief Medical Officer came in. He didn’t let that distract him from the patient, though.

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Henriks grin returned slightly, a brow going up slightly as he surveyed the situation. "It seems you have," he commented. Everything was well under control, as it should be. From a quick glance and the snid bits of conversation he had walked into, he knew that it leg fracture and that repairs were almost complete. "Did I at least make it time for some cake?" he joked.

“Not quite, but you’re jusssst in time for the dermal regeneration.” He said as he kept his hands steady. It didn’t take long for the wound to heal up, and it soon appeared as if the lieutenant had never been injured. He began applying the osteo stim as the CMO’s comment about cake hung in his mind.

“I could really go for ssssome cake, though.” He mused. Maybe when he was finished here.
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 6:53 pm

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 Salek2_zpststt2bts
Captain Salek

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The lacerated hand clenched tightly at Archangel's side in an effort to hide the cut.  It was more of an annoyance than anything that pained her, but she was aware that any one of the officers on the bridge would pick up on it and insist that she get it seen to by a medic.  She was more interested in these anomalous readings than she was in getting a small cut healed.

"Living?  You're picking up life signs?" she clarified before pinching the bridge of her nose.  Just what I didn't want after the fiasco with that colony.  "Pull all the resources you need to confirm those readings.  We'll need to know quickly if we need to do an evacuation.  How long before the supernova takes the planet?"

[Bridge]

Seven hours, Salek thought, reading through the information displayed on Lieutenant Rellek's sciences console. That wasn't near enough time to evacuate a planet, even if they had the resources.

Then again, the point would likely be moot to begin with.

"Captain T'Koris," the Vulcan said, his normally-quiet voice even softer, though it was still expressionless. "We may wish to adjourn this meeting to your ready room."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 7:06 pm

Kintiss wrote:

“Not quite, but you’re jusssst in time for the dermal regeneration.” He said as he kept his hands steady. It didn’t take long for the wound to heal up, and it soon appeared as if the lieutenant had never been injured. He began applying the osteo stim as the CMO’s comment about cake hung in his mind.

“I could really go for ssssome cake, though.” He mused. Maybe when he was finished here.

[Sickbay]

Chira grinned, flashing a quick wink at her husband. "You sure have great timing to crash the party, you know." She watched as Kintiss finished up the regeneration process, running over everything with a tricorder scan. And, just like that, their poor engineering lieutenant was patched up. "Let's allow Mr. Davis to join this party, too."

Touching a hypo to his neck, Chira stood back and waited for Davis to wake up. "So. Did someone mention cake? That sounds like a plan, to me...mainly because we can't drink. Well, you all can, at least."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 7:56 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
"Well sir, I'm not sure if I would describe the reading as lifesigns. What were picking up is biomolecular matter that could be life. Its definitely some kind of life but the readings could be indicative to anything from bacteria to intelligent life. None the less, we only have 7 hours until that star collapses and we'll need to get in closer to take a look. To be honest sir I'm not interested in making any speculations until I see some kore conclusive data." Although the readings indicated life Julia wasn't quite ready to sound the alarm bells but on the inside she was worried.

NPC wrote:
Seven hours, Salek thought, reading through the information displayed on Lieutenant Rellek's sciences console. That wasn't near enough time to evacuate a planet, even if they had the resources.

Then again, the point would likely be moot to begin with.

"Captain T'Koris," the Vulcan said, his normally-quiet voice even softer, though it was still expressionless. "We may wish to adjourn this meeting to your ready room."

[Bridge]

Looking between the other two command officers and the two science officers, Archangel thought hard about what their next move was going to be. Having the added pressure of Salek looking over her shoulder was certainly not helping matters any.

"I don't think there's any reason to move this conversation to the ready room yet," she replied evenly to the other captain before looking to her young science officer. "Lieutenant, do what you can to find out exactly what we're dealing with down on that planet. The more information we have, the better." She then tapped her commbadge.

"T'Koris to Engineering, we may have to go into close proximity to a supernova. I'm going to need options for reinforcing the shields and getting the hell out of here fast if we have to."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 10:39 am

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 Xarna_zpsenawiyf5
Lt. Commander Xarna

Julia Rellek wrote:

[Bridge]

"Vril'gaahg! Xarna said, biting off a particularly virulent Tellarite curse.  She assumed nobody would have a problem with it, mainly because they had much larger concerns, and she seriously doubted anyone on the bridge spoke Tellarite to begin with.

She looked mad enough to bite something, but attempted to keep her voice steady and calm.  "There are no warp signatures of any kind emanating from this world.  No subspace radio signals, no shield residue.  Whoever they are, they do not likely have a high level of technology.  How could our scans have missed this!"  The Tellarite stamped her foot in consternation.  "It's those stolf-heads at Starfleet Command, giving us re-fitted bloody antiques to use for patrol!"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 10:46 am

Kintiss wrote:

Chira Ābols wrote:

[Sickbay]

Chira grinned, flashing a quick wink at her husband. "You sure have great timing to crash the party, you know." She watched as Kintiss finished up the regeneration process, running over everything with a tricorder scan. And, just like that, their poor engineering lieutenant was patched up. "Let's allow Mr. Davis to join this party, too."

Touching a hypo to his neck, Chira stood back and waited for Davis to wake up. "So. Did someone mention cake? That sounds like a plan, to me...mainly because we can't drink. Well, you all can, at least."

[Sickbay]

Henriks observed as the ensign finished up the process of healing the broken bone, taking note of the new officer's steady hands. "Yes," Henriks replied, "we should definitely go for some cake. We need to properly welcome you aboard." His stomach rumbled quietly, reminding him that he hadn't had anything to eat for awhile, the padds on his desk taking up most of his attention earlier that morning. And as of yet, the only other pressing medical matter was the CSO, but there was little more they could do on that front.

He nodded in agreement to Chira, trying to suppress another grin. His eyes drifted briefly to the general area of her belly, where new life was growing.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 10:47 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Looking between the other two command officers and the two science officers, Archangel thought hard about what their next move was going to be.  Having the added pressure of Salek looking over her shoulder was certainly not helping matters any.

"I don't think there's any reason to move this conversation to the ready room yet," she replied evenly to the other captain before looking to her young science officer.  "Lieutenant, do what you can to find out exactly what we're dealing with down on that planet.  The more information we have, the better."  She then tapped her commbadge.

"T'Koris to Engineering, we may have to go into close proximity to a supernova.  I'm going to need options for reinforcing the shields and getting the hell out of here fast if we have to."

[Bridge]

Gabe nodded in silent agreement with his wife. Whatever was to be discussed, and he thought he had a pretty good idea of where the conversation was going to go...it would be something the whole crew should know about. He glanced over to the Vulcan, but the man's face was as inscrutable as the bulkheads around them. It didn't take a genius to know where this was leading, though he tried to keep a positive outlook. Perhaps the reading was an anomalous blip on the sensors. Maybe it was all just nothing, and they could get back to cataloging this star collapse.

Maybe this grouchy Tellarite might decide to bake us all a cake and recite nursery rhymes for Aria, too...
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 11:01 am

Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 DCDavis_zps318cd91e
Lieutenant Dwight-Charles Davis

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Henriks observed as the ensign finished up the process of healing the broken bone, taking note of the new officer's steady hands. "Yes," Henriks replied, "we should definitely go for some cake. We need to properly welcome you aboard." His stomach rumbled quietly, reminding him that he hadn't had anything to eat for awhile, the padds on his desk taking up most of his attention earlier that morning. And as of yet, the only other pressing medical matter was the CSO, but there was little more they could do on that front.

He nodded in agreement to Chira, trying to suppress another grin. His eyes drifted briefly to the general area of her belly, where new life was growing.

[Sickbay]

"Cake?  Sounds nice," DC Davis said, rubbing his forehead as he sat up in the biobed.  The last thing he remembered was shearing pain as he fell from the upper level of the warp core catwalk.  The stout man wiggled his toes in his boot, and tentatively moved the leg.  "Need a new pair of uniform pants, but she's good as ever.  Thanks."

Davis swung his legs over the edge of the bed, standing up.  "Nothing like feeling as if you've been hit by the old Long Island Expressway.  I was just kidding about the cake, though.  I gotta get back to work.  Well, after I get new pants."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 4:58 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

Looking between the other two command officers and the two science officers, Archangel thought hard about what their next move was going to be.  Having the added pressure of Salek looking over her shoulder was certainly not helping matters any.

"I don't think there's any reason to move this conversation to the ready room yet," she replied evenly to the other captain before looking to her young science officer.  "Lieutenant, do what you can to find out exactly what we're dealing with down on that planet.  The more information we have, the better."  She then tapped her commbadge.

"T'Koris to Engineering, we may have to go into close proximity to a supernova.  I'm going to need options for reinforcing the shields and getting the hell out of here fast if we have to."

[Bridge]

"Aye sir, let me see what I can come up with."

Julia turned her attention to her partner in this endeavor." Commander, If you checked the higher bands and didn't get anything... I'm calibrating to scan the lower band frequency." Julia reset her scanners and a confirming beep resonated from her console. "Captain... Captains?" Julia wasn't quite sure who to address this towards. "Sirs, I am picking something up. If I remember correctly its referred to as an Amplitude Modulation frequency." Where's an Engineer when you need one. Julia thought. "I'll take an educated guess that that means we're dealing with an intelligent life... Not warp capable but intelligent none the less." Julia's head dropped just a little. She was all to aware of the implications f this discovery.

[OOC: Post 100!!!! WOOT WOOT!]
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

"Aye sir, let me see what I can come up with."

Julia turned her attention to her partner in this endeavor." Commander, If you checked the higher bands and didn't get anything... I'm calibrating to scan the lower band frequency." Julia reset her scanners and a confirming beep resonated from her console. "Captain... Captains?" Julia wasn't quite sure who to address this towards. "Sirs, I am picking something up. If I remember correctly its referred to as an Amplitude Modulation frequency." Where's an Engineer when you need one. Julia thought. "I'll take an educated guess that that means we're dealing with an intelligent life... Not warp capable but intelligent none the less." Julia's head dropped just a little. She was all to aware of the implications f this discovery.

"Oh, fvadt."

Archangel was familiar with the Prime Directive. All Starfleet personnel were. The non-interference order that forbid them from interacting with or in any way influencing pre-warp civilisations. Even letting themselves be seen by such a society was a big no-no.

Stepping closer to the console, she cast an eye over the signal that the sensors were picking up, nodding once as she recognised it. "Definitely artificial radiowaves. They're too stable for anything natural." Even as she said it, her heart was sinking lower. The Prime Directive dictated that they do nothing to alter the fate of this planet about to be overtaken by a supernova, but her own conscience refused to accept that. This society seemed to be barely out of its infancy and they were going to sit back and watch it be destroyed? She glanced up at Gabriel, trying to get a reading on his thoughts from his expression. Was he thinking along the same lines as she was? That they had to try to evacuate this planet?

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 5:25 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Leela had been taking advantage of this time stalled to recalibrate the warp engines when a communiqué came through from the bridge.

=/\=Captain this is Kaz in Engineering. Let me confer with colleagues. We'll have options to you within a few minutes. We may be able to recalibrate the main deflector array to reinforce the shield grid and structural integrity. One thing is for sure, Captain, we can't go surfing through a supernova and come out unscathed... but we should be able to come out alive. Let me talked with Nefen and I'll get back to you, Kaz out.=/\=

Leela turned to Nefen and started to speak. "So what do you think... can we scavenge enough power from the deflector? We may have to blow a few systems in the process but it might work."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 7:38 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Oh, fvadt."

Archangel was familiar with the Prime Directive.  All Starfleet personnel were.  The non-interference order that forbid them from interacting with or in any way influencing pre-warp civilisations.  Even letting themselves be seen by such a society was a big no-no.  

Stepping closer to the console, she cast an eye over the signal that the sensors were picking up, nodding once as she recognised it.  "Definitely artificial radiowaves.  They're too stable for anything natural."  Even as she said it, her heart was sinking lower.  The Prime Directive dictated that they do nothing to alter the fate of this planet about to be overtaken by a supernova, but her own conscience refused to accept that.  This society seemed to be barely out of its infancy and they were going to sit back and watch it be destroyed?  She glanced up at Gabriel, trying to get a reading on his thoughts from his expression.  Was he thinking along the same lines as she was?  That they had to try to evacuate this planet?

[Bridge]

Right now, Gabriel wanted to be nowhere else but down in that engine room, helping his staff figure out the shielding, or inertial dampening, or...anything else, other than being right here and now. The damn pips on his collar never felt heavier.

He quietly stepped closer to Archangel, eyes on the science station readouts, but lowering his voice. "We can't. We can't just sit here and watch this happen."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 8:11 pm

Captain Salek

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Right now, Gabriel wanted to be nowhere else but down in that engine room, helping his staff figure out the shielding, or inertial dampening, or...anything else, other than being right here and now.  The damn pips on his collar never felt heavier.

He quietly stepped closer to Archangel, eyes on the science station readouts, but lowering his voice.  "We can't.  We can't just sit here and watch this happen."

[Bridge]

Vulcan hearing being what it was, Captain Salek didn't even need to strain to pick up what Arthur was telling his wife. The man's reaction was typical for a human, though Salek did not completely disagree with the sentiment. Not allowing one's emotions to rule oneself did not mean that those emotions were not present, or a foreign concept.

"I am afraid we certainly can, Commander Arthur," he said, his voice still quiet. The Vulcan looked directly at Archangel, his dark eyes unyielding. "Can, and must. Is there any way that this is not a clear Prime Directive case? This star is about to die, and the world around it. Whether or not we are here to watch it...it would still unfold."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 12:34 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Right now, Gabriel wanted to be nowhere else but down in that engine room, helping his staff figure out the shielding, or inertial dampening, or...anything else, other than being right here and now.  The damn pips on his collar never felt heavier.

He quietly stepped closer to Archangel, eyes on the science station readouts, but lowering his voice.  "We can't.  We can't just sit here and watch this happen."

NPC wrote:
Vulcan hearing being what it was, Captain Salek didn't even need to strain to pick up what Arthur was telling his wife. The man's reaction was typical for a human, though Salek did not completely disagree with the sentiment. Not allowing one's emotions to rule oneself did not mean that those emotions were not present, or a foreign concept.

"I am afraid we certainly can, Commander Arthur," he said, his voice still quiet. The Vulcan looked directly at Archangel, his dark eyes unyielding. "Can, and must. Is there any way that this is not a clear Prime Directive case? This star is about to die, and the world around it. Whether or not we are here to watch it...it would still unfold."

[Bridge]

Archangel smiled softly at Gabriel, glad that he was following her line of thought about the planet's inhabitants, but that smile rapidly disappeared at Salek's words. She turned to the other captain, her expression dark. Generally, she wouldn't have minded input from other officers. It just happened to be that this one got her hackles up at all times.

"Are you so concerned with the rules that you'll let everyone die?" she countered. "I've just had one bollocking from Starfleet Command. I'm sure I can take another one."
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 2:59 pm

Captain Salek

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel smiled softly at Gabriel, glad that he was following her line of thought about the planet's inhabitants, but that smile rapidly disappeared at Salek's words.  She turned to the other captain, her expression dark.  Generally, she wouldn't have minded input from other officers.  It just happened to be that this one got her hackles up at all times.

"Are you so concerned with the rules that you'll let everyone die?" she countered.  "I've just had one bollocking from Starfleet Command.  I'm sure I can take another one."

[Bridge]

T'Koris' hyper-emotional reaction was not a surprise, though Salek still flinched slightly. Of course he did not want to watch a world die, but the rules...the first rule of Starfleet's General Orders, to be exact, were clear. "It is not an issue of what you or I may want, captain," he said, his voice quiet for more reasons than affectation. In fact, it was grim as the grave.

"The Prime Directive exists for a reason, and I do not need to lecture you. We are explorers and observers, and not self-appointed gods."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 4:16 pm

NPC wrote:
T'Koris' hyper-emotional reaction was not a surprise, though Salek still flinched slightly.  Of course he did not want to watch a world die, but the rules...the first rule of Starfleet's General Orders, to be exact, were clear.  "It is not an issue of what you or I may want, captain," he said, his voice quiet for more reasons than affectation.  In fact, it was grim as the grave.  

"The Prime Directive exists for a reason, and I do not need to lecture you.  We are explorers and observers, and not self-appointed gods."

[Bridge]

It wasn't easy, keeping a lid on her temper, but Archangel couldn't afford to let herself lose control. Not here, not again with Salek so that he could use it as yet more ammunition against her. Once again glancing to Gabriel first so as to include him in her statement, the Romulan looked to the Vulcan and responded in a tone similar to the one he had just used on her.

"My ready room. Now."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 6:14 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

It wasn't easy, keeping a lid on her temper, but Archangel couldn't afford to let herself lose control.  Not here, not again with Salek so that he could use it as yet more ammunition against her.  Once again glancing to Gabriel first so as to include him in her statement, the Romulan looked to the Vulcan and responded in a tone similar to the one he had just used on her.

"My ready room.  Now."

[Bridge]

Gabriel and Archangel seemed to be on the same page, as they tended to be...both about the planetary issue, and about wanting to jam a boot into Captain Salek's ass. He fought back a little sigh, nodding quickly at the captain. "Mr. Sheridan, the bridge is yours. Again."

He gave an apologetic smile at Julia, following the other two CO's into the ready room.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 6:18 pm

Captain Salek

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

It wasn't easy, keeping a lid on her temper, but Archangel couldn't afford to let herself lose control.  Not here, not again with Salek so that he could use it as yet more ammunition against her.  Once again glancing to Gabriel first so as to include him in her statement, the Romulan looked to the Vulcan and responded in a tone similar to the one he had just used on her.

"My ready room.  Now."

[Bridge]

If Salek were inclined to sigh, he would have done so. However, it was not a very Vulcan-like thing to do, so he kept silent, following Captain T'Koris and her husband off the bridge and into the ready room.

He silently stood, hands clasped behind his back, ready for the barrage that was coming. Salek assumed that he could guess what it would be. "I suggested that we hold his conversation here in the first place," Salek quietly added.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 6:39 pm

NPC wrote:
If Salek were inclined to sigh, he would have done so.  However, it was not a very Vulcan-like thing to do, so he kept silent, following Captain T'Koris and her husband off the bridge and into the ready room.

He silently stood, hands clasped behind his back, ready for the barrage that was coming.  Salek assumed that he could guess what it would be.  "I suggested that we hold his conversation here in the first place," Salek quietly added.

[Ready Room]

Archangel waited in silence for the three command officers to be standing in her ready room and the doors to be closed behind them before she glared at Salek.

"We wouldn't need to have this conversation in my ready room if you didn't call my authority into question in front of my bridge crew," she ground out. "I'm pretty sure that it's an unwritten rule between captains that we don't undermine each other in front of the crew!" Taking a deep breath in the hope of controlling herself and not punching the smug Vulcan in the face, she continued in a somewhat calmer tone. "What you do on your ships is up to you. I give the orders here, understood?"
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 7:45 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

"No argument here." Kintiss smiled, showing off his fangs again. There was just something about today that he couldn't put a finger on, but he really wanted some cake. He'd sampled some of the baked food on the Gygax, and it was one of the better foods he'd eaten in his life.

NPC wrote:

"Cake?  Sounds nice," DC Davis said, rubbing his forehead as he sat up in the biobed.  The last thing he remembered was shearing pain as he fell from the upper level of the warp core catwalk.  The stout man wiggled his toes in his boot, and tentatively moved the leg.  "Need a new pair of uniform pants, but she's good as ever.  Thanks."

Davis swung his legs over the edge of the bed, standing up.  "Nothing like feeling as if you've been hit by the old Long Island Expressway.  I was just kidding about the cake, though.  I gotta get back to work.  Well, after I get new pants."

"Feel free to ussse our replicator." he said. "But firssst, Lieutenant, you sssshould resssst." He threw the remains of the Lieutenant's pants in the replicator and keyed the matter reclamator. With a swirl of light, the replicator deconstructed the material and absorbed the particles. "Jussst to be sssafe."
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 8:05 pm

Captain Salek

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel waited in silence for the three command officers to be standing in her ready room and the doors to be closed behind them before she glared at Salek.

"We wouldn't need to have this conversation in my ready room if you didn't call my authority into question in front of my bridge crew," she ground out.  "I'm pretty sure that it's an unwritten rule between captains that we don't undermine each other in front of the crew!"  Taking a deep breath in the hope of controlling herself and not punching the smug Vulcan in the face, she continued in a somewhat calmer tone.  "What you do on your ships is up to you.  I give the orders here, understood?"

[Ready Room]

Ah, the barrage. It was almost as if he'd written it himself. True, it was considered poor form to criticize another captain on her own bridge. Salek himself knew he would not appreciate it. However...

"I am not the one doing any undermining, Captain T'Koris," the Vulcan said, implacable as a stone in a thunderstorm. "You did that the moment you tossed your training aside. I assume that you took the Kobayashi Maru test? Antiquated as it may be, the lessons imparted are the true takeaway. Yes, you give the orders. However, no order of yours was given to countermand. We were merely discussing the issue. A captain needs must consider all options."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 12:34 pm

NPC wrote:
[Ready Room]

Ah, the barrage.  It was almost as if he'd written it himself.  True, it was considered poor form to criticize another captain on her own bridge.  Salek himself knew he would not appreciate it.  However...

"I am not the one doing any undermining, Captain T'Koris," the Vulcan said, implacable as a stone in a thunderstorm.  "You did that the moment you tossed your training aside.  I assume that you took the Kobayashi Maru test?  Antiquated as it may be, the lessons imparted are the true takeaway.  Yes, you give the orders.  However, no order of yours was given to countermand.  We were merely discussing the issue.  A captain needs must consider all options."

[Ready Room]

"Of course I took the Kobayashi Maru," Archangel countered. "All captains do. You undermine me when you question my judgement. That's not your job, that's Gabriel's, understood?"

Backing down from the physical confrontation she could sense was brewing, the Romulan moved away to sit behind her desk, propping her chin up on one hand with her elbow resting on the desk as she surveyed them. "We have a planet of apparently intelligent beings about to be vapourised by their sun. For all we know, they're on the brink of discovering space flight, or they're already aware of warp technology, but choose not to use it. Who are we to decide that we're more important than they are?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!   Mission 5:  Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission 5: Let This Line Be Drawn Between Us!
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next