Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 12:08 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

It took a lot of effort for Ilana not to jump back as Raynor decided to punch her desk, but she managed to hold her ground, still glaring at the Klingon.

For my good?  Did you not think to consult me on what was good for me?  She had picked up on his slip of the tongue.  You are running because you think that you can keep from doing harm, but I hate to burst your bubble.  Stay or go, you will do harm.  That is the course of life!  You have problems, whether you are willing to admit them or not, and they will follow you wherever you go!

Frowning fiercely, Raynor stepped back from the far side of the desk, rounding on Ilana, standing closer to her. He did not attempt to make himself larger or more fearful. In fact, he consciously relaxed his posture, to appear less intimidating. Still, he loomed over her.

"You're only partially right, Lana," the Klingon said, his voice low. "It is not my problems that I run from. They hold no fear for me. Nor am I just trying to keep from hurting people. I am not a child, to think that running away solves everything. It will not."

Carefully, gently, he reached out, cupping the side of her face in one of his large hands. "I'm not concerned with those things. I am...only concerned with one of them. You." The Klingon's voice was very quiet, now. "I won't be your problem. I won't hurt you. And that is...all that matters. I don't give a damn about anyone else."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 12:16 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Frowning fiercely, Raynor stepped back from the far side of the desk, rounding on Ilana, standing closer to her.  He did not attempt to make himself larger or more fearful.  In fact, he consciously relaxed his posture, to appear less intimidating.  Still, he loomed over her.

"You're only partially right, Lana," the Klingon said, his voice low.  "It is not my problems that I run from.  They hold no fear for me.  Nor am I just trying to keep from hurting people.  I am not a child, to think that running away solves everything.  It will not."

Carefully, gently, he reached out, cupping the side of her face in one of his large hands.  "I'm not concerned with those things.  I am...only concerned with one of them.  You."  The Klingon's voice was very quiet, now.  "I won't be your problem.  I won't hurt you.  And that is...all that matters.  I don't give a damn about anyone else."

Green eyes still blazing in anger yet without any particular knowledge of why she was so angry, Ilana raised her hands knocked the Klingon's from where they held her face.

Do I not get to choose what are my problems and what are not? I do not care that you hurt me. It was not intentional and I know that you would not hurt me while in possession of all your faculties. Her anger was receding now, a simmer rather than a raging boil, exhaustion starting to creep into her bones again. Could he not see just how much she valued his presence here, close to her?
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 2:19 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Green eyes still blazing in anger yet without any particular knowledge of why she was so angry, Ilana raised her hands knocked the Klingon's from where they held her face.

Do I not get to choose what are my problems and what are not?  I do not care that you hurt me.  It was not intentional and I know that you would not hurt me while in possession of all your faculties.  Her anger was receding now, a simmer rather than a raging boil, exhaustion starting to creep into her bones again.  Could he not see just how much she valued his presence here, close to her?

Raynor frowned slightly as Ilana slapped his hand away from her. Normally, that kind of fire would have been something delightful to see, and it would have made him happy to have brought that out in her.

However, right now...why could she not just see that he was doing this for her own damn good? "Lana," he said, his hand still hovering close to her. "I don't believe that you don't care. I'll never forget...never forget the look in your eyes, after our first time together. The hurt. The fear. I swear on the blood pumping through my heart...you will never have reason to fear me again."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor frowned slightly as Ilana slapped his hand away from her.  Normally, that kind of fire would have been something delightful to see, and it would have made him happy to have brought that out in her.

However, right now...why could she not just see that he was doing this for her own damn good?  "Lana," he said, his hand still hovering close to her.  "I don't believe that you don't care.  I'll never forget...never forget the look in your eyes, after our first time together.  The hurt.  The fear.  I swear on the blood pumping through my heart...you will never have reason to fear me again."

That was then. Look at me now. Do you still see fear?

The look on the Cardassian's face was challenging, daring Raynor to say that she was afraid of him now. The truth was that she had been afraid of him then, but with the distance and detachment that came with time, she had been able to objectify what had happened. No, she wasn't afraid of him any more.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 2:47 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

That was then.  Look at me now.  Do you still see fear?  

The look on the Cardassian's face was challenging, daring Raynor to say that she was afraid of him now.  The truth was that she had been afraid of him then, but with the distance and detachment that came with time, she had been able to objectify what had happened.  No, she wasn't afraid of him any more.

Smiling, Raynor ran his hand through his hair, shaking his head. "No, Lana. I know you're not afraid. I don't see fear." He reached over again, taking her by the shoulders with a bit of gentle pressure. Raynor wasn't sure if she was going to slap him away again, or maybe punch him again, but...she definitely wasn't the same person he'd met long ago. That timid doctor would never dream of punching a Klingon.

"Look...maybe I'm not sure of what I want to do. Maybe leaving is the best thing, maybe not. Let's...let's just take this one day at a time." He reached up, running his thumb along her jawline, and close to her ear. "When I look at you, Ilana Telak...I see one of the bravest people I've ever known."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 2:58 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Smiling, Raynor ran his hand through his hair, shaking his head.  "No, Lana.  I know you're not afraid.  I don't see fear."  He reached over again, taking her by the shoulders with a bit of gentle pressure.  Raynor wasn't sure if she was going to slap him away again, or maybe punch him again, but...she definitely wasn't the same person he'd met long ago.  That timid doctor would never dream of punching a Klingon.

"Look...maybe I'm not sure of what I want to do.  Maybe leaving is the best thing, maybe not.  Let's...let's just take this one day at a time."  He reached up, running his thumb along her jawline, and close to her ear.  "When I look at you, Ilana Telak...I see one of the bravest people I've ever known."

Finally calming down, Ilana managed a small smile at Raynor, closing her eyes and leaning her head a little against his hand. Without the use of words, she had to use her actions in order to convey her emotions. She wanted him to know how much she valued his presence. She sighed softly.

I do not want you to go.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Finally calming down, Ilana managed a small smile at Raynor, closing her eyes and leaning her head a little against his hand.  Without the use of words, she had to use her actions in order to convey her emotions.  She wanted him to know how much she valued his presence.  She sighed softly.

I do not want you to go.

"I don't want to go, either," Raynor said, smiling broadly as she typed out her message to him. He waited until she was finished, and then wrapped her up in a long-limbed hug again. "You can't imagine how much you mean to me...how you keep me centered. Keep me sane," he grinned.

Once again, the Klingon found himself with her cheeks in his hands. They stood, with naught but a handsbreadth of distance between them. Her eyes were calmer, now, but still full of emotion. As were his. Raynor reached up and brushed some of her short hair out of her face, silken and dark as one of the moonless nights he remembered as a boy in Alaska.

And, just like that, he wasn't sure of what to do next...not sure of what he should do...or wanted to do. All the Klingon knew was that he was drawing her closer to him, either consciously or not, their faces growing so dangerously close, and...

Quickly, Raynor shifted his trajectory, kissing her lightly on the forehead, right in the little spoon-shaped ridge. It was...a gentle kiss. A friendly one. He quietly squashed the voice that asked whether that was truly what it had started out as.

"One day at a time, Lana, like I said. Have you...have you come up with any more options for your situation?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 4:26 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"I don't want to go, either," Raynor said, smiling broadly as she typed out her message to him.  He waited until she was finished, and then wrapped her up in a long-limbed hug again.  "You can't imagine how much you mean to me...how you keep me centered.  Keep me sane," he grinned.  

Once again, the Klingon found himself with her cheeks in his hands.  They stood, with naught but a handsbreadth of distance between them.  Her eyes were calmer, now, but still full of emotion.  As were his.  Raynor reached up and brushed some of her short hair out of her face, silken and dark as one of the moonless nights he remembered as a boy in Alaska.  

And, just like that, he wasn't sure of what to do next...not sure of what he should do...or wanted to do.  All the Klingon knew was that he was drawing her closer to him, either consciously or not, their faces growing so dangerously close, and...

Quickly, Raynor shifted his trajectory, kissing her lightly on the forehead, right in the little spoon-shaped ridge.  It was...a gentle kiss.  A friendly one.  He quietly squashed the voice that asked whether that was truly what it had started out as.

"One day at a time, Lana, like I said.  Have you...have you come up with any more options for your situation?"

Being much shorter than the Klingon, Ilana was unaware of his hesitation. Instead, she wrapped her arms as far around him as she could and rested her head on his massive chest, smiling slightly. Yes, there were always going to be tensions between the two of them, but she expected that. The Klingons were, after all, a species with a very open and physical manner.

Raynor broke the moment, however, when he asked about her progress. She stepped back, turning to her console again.

I think that using a Borg vocal subprocessor is the most logical way to go.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 7:51 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Being much shorter than the Klingon, Ilana was unaware of his hesitation.  Instead, she wrapped her arms as far around him as she could and rested her head on his massive chest, smiling slightly.  Yes, there were always going to be tensions between the two of them, but she expected that.  The Klingons were, after all, a species with a very open and physical manner.

Raynor broke the moment, however, when he asked about her progress.  She stepped back, turning to her console again.

I think that using a Borg vocal subprocessor is the most logical way to go.

Raynor closed his eyes, fully content as Ilana wrapped her arms around him. He knew she was squeezing hard, but he was a bit too powerfully-built to feel it. Still...it was a good kind of pressure. Perhaps he would leave. Perhaps he would not. What he'd said before was true, though - they had a more immediate concern.

"Vocal subprocessor," he said, after she had returned to her screen. "I suppose it would work, at that..." His distaste at having to use Borg technology was apparent, but...if it would help Ilana, Raynor would shake hands with Fek'lhr himself.

Continuing to tap his lower lip in thought, Raynor read the screen. "I have been researching brain theory quite a bit, myself," the Klingon said. "Now that your area is completely rendered useless, would it be possible to have the Broca's removed entirely, and replaced with inert tissue matter? In some cases, with damage to the area, speech is still possible. The brain...compensates. With the complete loss of the Broca's, might we be able to trick your brain into shifting your speech patterns to other parts of the brain?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 2:38 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor closed his eyes, fully content as Ilana wrapped her arms around him.  He knew she was squeezing hard, but he was a bit too powerfully-built to feel it.  Still...it was a good kind of pressure.  Perhaps he would leave.  Perhaps he would not.  What he'd said before was true, though - they had a more immediate concern.

"Vocal subprocessor," he said, after she had returned to her screen.  "I suppose it would work, at that..." His distaste at having to use Borg technology was apparent, but...if it would help Ilana, Raynor would shake hands with Fek'lhr himself.

Continuing to tap his lower lip in thought, Raynor read the screen.  "I have been researching brain theory quite a bit, myself," the Klingon said.  "Now that your area is completely rendered useless, would it be possible to have the Broca's removed entirely, and replaced with inert tissue matter?  In some cases, with damage to the area, speech is still possible.  The brain...compensates.  With the complete loss of the Broca's, might we be able to trick your brain into shifting your speech patterns to other parts of the brain?"

Ilana pondered Raynor's words for a moment, then shook her head.

Complete removal of my Broca's area would render me completely aphasic. The most recent damage has been done to the synaptic connection between the Broca's area and the muscles in my larynx. If we removed it, I would no longer even be able to communicate as I am doing now.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana pondered Raynor's words for a moment, then shook her head.  

Complete removal of my Broca's area would render me completely aphasic.  The most recent damage has been done to the synaptic connection between the Broca's area and the muscles in my larynx.  If we removed it, I would no longer even be able to communicate as I am doing now.

Nodding, Raynor turned back to the computer screen. Of course, what she said made sense. She was the medical professional here, and he was little more than a moonlighter. "Alright, then," the Klingon said, looking back to Ilana and smiling. "When do we get started on it? And...what can I do to help?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Nodding, Raynor turned back to the computer screen.  Of course, what she said made sense.  She was the medical professional here, and he was little more than a moonlighter.  "Alright, then," the Klingon said, looking back to Ilana and smiling.  "When do we get started on it?  And...what can I do to help?"

Ilana smiled at her best friend. It was hard not to be grateful to the Klingon after everything that he was putting himself through to help her get her speech back.

I intend to begin deeper research into the vocal subprocessor in conjunction with my brain... Her typing was interrupted as she turned away to let out a large yawn. I intend to start straight away.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 3:39 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana smiled at her best friend.  It was hard not to be grateful to the Klingon after everything that he was putting himself through to help her get her speech back.

I intend to begin deeper research into the vocal subprocessor in conjunction with my brain... Her typing was interrupted as she turned away to let out a large yawn.  I intend to start straight away.

Eyebrow raised, Raynor considered his friend as she yawned. "Of course. As soon as you've gotten some proper rest." The Klingon held up his hand, as if to forestall the barrage of argument he knew he'd get. There were some battles you picked, and some that must be waged, because it was the right thing to do. This was one of the latter.

"You cannot begin a project of this import in the state of exhaustion you're in, Lana. Even the bravest of warriors knows when their body needs rest, and only a fool ignores it when they don't have to. And you are far from a fool."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 3:47 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Eyebrow raised, Raynor considered his friend as she yawned.  "Of course.  As soon as you've gotten some proper rest."  The Klingon held up his hand, as if to forestall the barrage of argument he knew he'd get.  There were some battles you picked, and some that must be waged, because it was the right thing to do.  This was one of the latter.

"You cannot begin a project of this import in the state of exhaustion you're in, Lana.  Even the bravest of warriors knows when their body needs rest, and only a fool ignores it when they don't have to.  And you are far from a fool."

Turning her glare back to Raynor, Ilana squared her narrow shoulders. While it was true that there were some battles you had to know when not to fight, she was still learning which ones they were. As far as she was concerned, she was going to continue her research until she fell asleep again on her console.

I can start the research. She stated in the computer's bland voice. Maybe not the more intricate elements, but I can still get the basics down.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 3:55 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Turning her glare back to Raynor, Ilana squared her narrow shoulders.  While it was true that there were some battles you had to know when not to fight, she was still learning which ones they were.  As far as she was concerned, she was going to continue her research until she fell asleep again on her console.

I can start the research. She stated in the computer's bland voice.  Maybe not the more intricate elements, but I can still get the basics down.

Raynor smiled slightly, crossing his arms. He figured she'd do one of two things - either protest that she wasn't tired, didn't need rest, and could somehow continue on without a diminishing of her mental capacity. That, or she'd try and bargain with him over it. It appeared it would be the latter, today.

"You can still foul up even the basics, when you're yawning wide enough to catch glob flies. Now," the Klingon said, holding a hand out for her. "Four hours of a nap. That's all I ask of you. Let's go."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 4:00 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor smiled slightly, crossing his arms.  He figured she'd do one of two things - either protest that she wasn't tired, didn't need rest, and could somehow continue on without a diminishing of her mental capacity.  That, or she'd try and bargain with him over it.  It appeared it would be the latter, today.

"You can still foul up even the basics, when you're yawning wide enough to catch glob flies.  Now," the Klingon said, holding a hand out for her.  "Four hours of a nap.  That's all I ask of you.  Let's go."

The Cardassian was not for backing down and, had she not needed her hands in order to type, would have folded her arms.

I do not need sleep yet, she typed back. She wished that she could somehow manage to get the computer to add some inflection to the modulated voice. Unfortunately, her skills lay in the medical field and not the engineering one. I can keep going for a while still.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 4:09 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The Cardassian was not for backing down and, had she not needed her hands in order to type, would have folded her arms.  

I do not need sleep yet, she typed back.  She wished that she could somehow manage to get the computer to add some inflection to the modulated voice.  Unfortunately, her skills lay in the medical field and not the engineering one.  I can keep going for a while still.

Raynor fought off a little sigh. Klingon warriors did not sigh. But he came damn close to it. "You know," he said, still holding out his hand, "you've not been eating well, either. So you're probably lighter than usual. I imagine I can haul you out of here with little resistance."

He reached down, moving the computer terminal screen's face away from where she was sitting, and once again held his hand out for her. "Now. Are you coming, or are you going to make me stand here all day with my hand out, looking like a targ's ass?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor fought off a little sigh.  Klingon warriors did not sigh.  But he came damn close to it.  "You know," he said, still holding out his hand, "you've not been eating well, either.  So you're probably lighter than usual.  I imagine I can haul you out of here with little resistance."

He reached down, moving the computer terminal screen's face away from where she was sitting, and once again held his hand out for her.  "Now.  Are you coming, or are you going to make me stand here all day with my hand out, looking like a targ's ass?"

The hint of a smirk crossed Ilana's features as her best friend suggested that he Klingon-handle her out of her research lab. She remembered a previous instance in which he had done the same thing, but she doubted that he would do it a second time.

I do not believe that you would force me to leave.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 4:21 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The hint of a smirk crossed Ilana's features as her best friend suggested that he Klingon-handle her out of her research lab.  She remembered a previous instance in which he had done the same thing, but she doubted that he would do it a second time.  

I do not believe that you would force me to leave.

"Oh, I was mistaken," the Klingon said, practically looming over her. "I thought I was being the targ's ass, here, but it looks like I've taught you everything I know about stubborn assery..."

Raynor moved behind the doctor, placing his hands on the back of her chair. "We'll make a deal, then, dear doctor," he said, his rumbling voice still quite calm. "I'll give you 'till the count of three. After that...I'm not leaving this lab without you."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 4:28 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Oh, I was mistaken," the Klingon said, practically looming over her.  "I thought I was being the targ's ass, here, but it looks like I've taught you everything I know about stubborn assery..."

Raynor moved behind the doctor, placing his hands on the back of her chair.  "We'll make a deal, then, dear doctor," he said, his rumbling voice still quite calm.  "I'll give you 'till the count of three.  After that...I'm not leaving this lab without you."

Ilana turned around in her chair to continue to glare at the Klingon who was getting between her and her research. While she was tired, she wasn't prepared to admit it. In any case, she had enough stimulant hypos at her fingertips to keep her going for days. She smirked slightly at the threat.

Good. You can assist me with my research.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana turned around in her chair to continue to glare at the Klingon who was getting between her and her research.  While she was tired, she wasn't prepared to admit it.  In any case, she had enough stimulant hypos at her fingertips to keep her going for days.  She smirked slightly at the threat.

Good.  You can assist me with my research.

Quirking an eyebrow, Raynor chuckled. She's started to grow backbone, this one has, he thought. It was a rather proud thought, since she had been so timid when he'd first met her...well. He wouldn't have been surprised if she'd scurried off from her own shadow.

"Alright. Very well. We can compromise on this. We're adults, and officers in our respective organizations." He came back around from behind her to lean against the side of the desk. "You agree to a few hours of rest, and I promise...I won't make you leave that seat. Deal?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 4:38 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Quirking an eyebrow, Raynor chuckled.  She's started to grow backbone, this one has, he thought.  It was a rather proud thought, since she had been so timid when he'd first met her...well.  He wouldn't have been surprised if she'd scurried off from her own shadow.  

"Alright.  Very well.  We can compromise on this.  We're adults, and officers in our respective organizations."  He came back around from behind her to lean against the side of the desk.  "You agree to a few hours of rest, and I promise...I won't make you leave that seat.  Deal?"

Ilana narrowed her eyes at the Klingon in front of her. He never backed down. He had to have something up his sleeve, she was certain of it. It just wasn't in his nature.

She tapped a long, grey finger on the console, continuing to watch him. She couldn't tell what was going on there. She agreed to rest, and yet not leave her chair. That didn't make much sense to her.

Elaborate.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 4:43 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana narrowed her eyes at the Klingon in front of her.  He never backed down.  He had to have something up his sleeve, she was certain of it.  It just wasn't in his nature.

She tapped a long, grey finger on the console, continuing to watch him.  She couldn't tell what was going on there.  She agreed to rest, and yet not leave her chair.  That didn't make much sense to her.

Elaborate.

"Elaborate?" Raynor said, shrugging lightly. "Nothing much to elaborate upon, dear doctor. You agree to give me four hours of rest at a later time, and I promise not to make you leave where you're sitting. I'd think it's pretty straightforward."

He leaned forward, bringing his ridged forehead close to the Cardassian's, a look of playful seriousness in his hazel eyes. "So. What do you say."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 4:48 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Elaborate?" Raynor said, shrugging lightly.  "Nothing much to elaborate upon, dear doctor.  You agree to give me four hours of rest at a later time, and I promise not to make you leave where you're sitting.  I'd think it's pretty straightforward."

He leaned forward, bringing his ridged forehead close to the Cardassian's, a look of playful seriousness in his hazel eyes.  "So.  What do you say."

Ilana was silent for another few moments, still unsure that she could trust this Klingon in this particular venture. She folded her arms as she watched him carefully. Then she nodded her head.

Agreed, she typed before reaching under a pile of PADDs and schematics to grasp a hypo. A mild stimulant, just to keep her mind sharp. She would pay for the use of it later, but that would be later and this was now. The injected a small dose into the side of her neck before rubbing the sting from the site. She smiled at Raynor.

So, do you want to help me with the subprocessor?
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 4:54 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana was silent for another few moments, still unsure that she could trust this Klingon in this particular venture.  She folded her arms as she watched him carefully.  Then she nodded her head.

Agreed, she typed before reaching under a pile of PADDs and schematics to grasp a hypo.  A mild stimulant, just to keep her mind sharp.  She would pay for the use of it later, but that would be later and this was now.  The injected a small dose into the side of her neck before rubbing the sting from the site.  She smiled at Raynor.

So, do you want to help me with the subprocessor?

"Excellent," Raynor said, nodding happily. He was irritated to see her use the hypo, but...well. He imagined all the punching she was about to do would probably wear off the tiny dosage she'd used. "I will most certainly help you with the subprocessor, Lana. But first, you're going to rest."

Moving like a predatory cat, the Klingon slipped behind the Cardassian, clamping his hands down on the back of her chair. "I have decided that 'later' is now. And, as promised...you won't leave this seat." With that, he reached down, gripping the chair by the seat. With a straining heave, the Klingon lifted the entire chair off the floor, complete with its Cardassian occupant. He tilted her back a little bit, so that her body mass came to rest against his.

Once Raynor had Ilana secure in her chair, he moved toward the doors, smiling at a wide-eyed med tech as they passed. "The doctor will be out-of-office for a few hours. Hold her calls."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]   To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Keep From Harm - [Raynor Hughes]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next